Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Aubrey's Eberron campaign.

Game Master Aubrey the Malformed


14,401 to 14,450 of 17,033 << first < prev | 284 | 285 | 286 | 287 | 288 | 289 | 290 | 291 | 292 | 293 | 294 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.

"What does he look like?" Karse shrugs. "Shortish, brown hair, balding. Nothing special. Grannt was given a full description.

"There's a platoon of Prosper units, so about twenty. Norn should be able to handle them - the problems got worse with each subsequent iteration of manufacture, the first Prosper 'forged were relatively normal."

In response to Gil's query he adds, "Prosper is not common knowledge. Grannt doesn't know the full details, only that he needs to track down Ranticar. But if you mention me and him, Grannt should know you are legitimate."

He turns scornfully to Rodergo. "You don't just "shut down" warforged - they are thinking creatures. They need to be studied. That's what I would expect of a Thrane. Wait? A Thrane? Here, in the complex?" Karse blinks, seeming to notice his surroundings for the first time. "What? I...?" The figure shimmers and vanishes.


Male Human Ranger 6/Eldeen ranger (Gatekeeper) 5

"That... That made no sense whatsoever. He was talking as if Norn and the Prosper warforged was in the field, in the warzone, right now. But the war has been over for some time. But he's also responding to our questions now..."

"Man, metaphysical s**# like this makes my head hurt far worse than anything the Caretaker threw at us."

Janosz walks over to the ravaged body of the hobgoblin and starts klooking through its pockets. "We are in a bit of a predicament. That lord of blades character has been notified about our presence here, and is most probably on his way here. However, we're in no shape to leave right away either."

"How about us searching the complex for useful gear and then hunkering down for the night. In the morning we try to sneak out - preferably with one of us invisible and flying, carrying the others in the tent. That way we might avoid rouge 'forged."


"Give me a good night's rest and I'll be able to wrest more information from him," Rolund indicates at the fallen hobgoblin.

"Meanwhile, what do we do about our fallen companion? Can he be fixed?"


Perception check, DC 20:

Spoiler:
A red light on the northern-most console, which is supposed to be dead, is pulsing rhythmically.


Rolund Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8.

Runzyl Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22.

Lightbringer Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3.

Bor Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22.

"What's that light?" Bor and Runzyl say at the same time looking at the northern-most console.


57/70 hp; Effects: None; 120915 xp after Manfred

Gil will hustle over to the console to try to identify it. "Let's assume it is not a good thing. Grab anything you want to save or search and get out!"

Perception 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27

Knowledge (Arcana) 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21

UMD 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (1) + 18 = 19


Male Human Ranger 6/Eldeen ranger (Gatekeeper) 5

Perception 10+22=32.

"RUN! NOW!" Janosz slings Ikar's body over his shoulder and legs it towards the door. "Someone shut the door behind me! Get into that side room in case the blast takes the doors off the hinges!"


Gil peers at the console. There's a burnt out connection but it's a simple matter to reconnect...

Just as Janosz yells, a female voice suddenly begins to intone, coming from all different directions at once. "-ree minutes and thirty seconds. All personnel must evacuate to the surface immediately. The facility self-destruct sequence has been initiated. The facility will self-destruct in three minutes and twenty seconds. All personnel must evacuate to the surface immediately. The facility self-destruct sequence has been initiated..."


Looks like we're running.

BTW, Basher had some items with him if someone wants to loot him. Specifically, an oil of repair moderate wounds, an amulet of mighty fists +1, and a ring of protection +1. Rolund isn't going to stoop to such crass behavior.


57/70 hp; Effects: None; 120915 xp after Manfred

What effect would Fly have on underwater travel? I have sufficient slots to cast it on everyone.

"Basher..."


Movement rate of 60', above or under water. That would take over a minute to cast, though.


Male Human Ranger 6/Eldeen ranger (Gatekeeper) 5

"Three minutes. Three minutes??!! You have got to be f+&!ing kidding." Janosz paces wildly around. "We're screwed. There's no time to set up the tent, get inside, have Lightbringer swim through the flooded level and then get us to the top."

"We have two, maybe three options. The first is to try the other doors. That may just lead us into more trouble, or it could work. We could try to stop the countdown; Gil and Ezreal, you were pretty good at shutting the machine down; maybe you could stop this, too? Finally, we can pile into the tent while Gil casts her flight magicks on Lightbringer - he might then be fast enough to get to the entrance before the whole thing blows."


"... in three minutes and ten seconds..."


Actually, I would imagine that you would fly at half speed underwater, though it's still better than swimming.


A haggard-looking Runzyl scowls, looking for any means of rapid egress. "Perhaps if I were endowed with flight, I would be strong enough to bear a few of the others with me... to save time in preparation?"

He does not seem entirely convinced of the validity of this option, but he is clearly at a loss for better ideas.


"Everybody into the tent! Bor grab Basher and drag him in. The Warforged and Frogshanks; you're outside." Rolund starts issuing commands.

"Do any of you have any magic to speed our exit?" Rolund asks the spellcasters.

We set up the tent and everybody but Lightbringer and Janosz goes inside. While we're setting up, the spellcasters lay their magic on the duo (ie fly, haste, etc.). Janosz is on point and Lightbringer brings up the rear along with the tent.

If they run into trouble, Janosz fights a delaying action while Lightbringer sets up the tent. Meanwhile, those of us in the tent start healing our wounds. Runzyl and Gil are our priorities. Lightbringer has some oils to repair his damage so he might take advantage of it while we're setting up the tent and he's getting magicked. Janosz is going to have to settle with taking a swig from his goodberry wine to heal any damage until we get him into the tent. Rod should conserve his channel energies he has left in case we encounter another situation. It will be the only healing magic left for right now besides the goodberry wine that will work outside of the tent.


Male Human Ranger 6/Eldeen ranger (Gatekeeper) 5

I'm almost unhurt, so that'll be OK. However, I don't think I'll be able to make it through the flooded passage; it seemed to be quite a swim.


It wasn't that far, and propelled by a Fly spell even at half-speed you should get through in a couple of rounds, which is an easy distance for which you can hold your breath.


57/70 hp; Effects: None; 120915 xp after Manfred

Does Haste speed stack with Fly speed?

Gil casts Fly on Lightbringer and Janosz. Duration 9 minutes

Once done, if the tent is not set up, she aids those setting it up. No idea what the rules are for setting up the tent, but it seems like additional hands should help.


It's magic - you just give it a shake. I think haste gives a +30' bonus to speed, but it doesn't last that long.

"... two minutes fifty seconds..."


"Let's go!" Rolund shouts as he helps Bor drag Basher into the tent.

Lightbringer pours an oil of repair moderate damage on himself while Gil casts fly on him. Damage Repaired: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (5, 1) + 3 = 9. LB at 85 hps.

Lightbringer takes down the tent and shoulders it once the last member of the party enters it. He turns to Janosz, "Lead the way."


As the tent folds itself up, Lightbringer grabs it and he and Janosz take flight, powered by Gil's spells. They fling themselves through the doors to the forge chamber and down the corridor, plunging down the stairwell towards the water. Janosz takes a deep breath and grabs hold of Lightbringer's weapon harness, and together they plough through the water-filled passage. They burst through to the surface at the other end as the voice declares, "... two minutes and ten seconds..."

The two companions hurtle back through the testing ranges, dodging through the doors and past the silent, dust-covered machines. They bank as they soar over the tables in the refectory where they defeated the bodaks and up the corridor towards the main loading area. "... one minute and forty seconds..." They shoot through the loading bay and into the monorail tunnel.

The brick walls of the tunnel pass in a blur as they bob and weave through the twists and turns. Dogging their heels is the ever-present voice, calming calling out their doom. "... one minute and ten seconds... one minute... fifty seconds... forty seconds... thirty seconds..." The tunnel seems endless, flickering lights and shadows, crumbling bricks chasing them for what seems an eternity.

Up ahead - is that daylight? "... twenty seconds..." The pair can see the other end of the monorail line up ahead. "... ten seconds..." They strain every fibre, willing themselves onwards. "... five, four, three..." The chamber is just ahead. "... two, one..." They sweep into the final chamber. The blast doors beyond are open, showing the gloomy sky of the Mournland beyond. They are nearly there. Nearly.

The voice never gets to zero. As they enter the chamber, there is a deep, rumbling explosion far back in the complex. Then a roar as more detonations coming crashing up the tunnel at incredible speed. The shockwave bursts into chamber, a gout of pulverised rock and shattered brick, picking up and hurling about crates, machinery, the corpses of the fallen and the two airborne adventurers. As debris pounds them they are caught up and hurled out of the doors and outside. They crash to the ground in a tangle of wreckage, barely conscious.

LB and Janosz: 15d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 4, 2, 5, 3, 1, 1, 4, 6, 5, 3, 4, 3, 5) = 56 damage and you are stunned, DC 25 Reflex save for half damage, DC 25 Fortitude save to avoid the stunning effect.

“Brother Lightbringer, a most impressive entrance,” grates a voice from nearby. "Stay where you are and don't move." Lightbringer and Janosz feel the familiar sensation of magic washing over them as whatever spells had been cast upon them are dispelled.

Groggily looking up, they see a tall warforged clad in a russet cloak, his red eyes glowing under the hood - Darkheart. The breeze stirs the dust at his feet amid the dead grasses and the sun is a huge bloody orb in the drab sky. Beyond him, a small army of warforged of all different types and sizes, from scouts to titans, are eerily painted orange and gold in the freakish half-light.

"This time, I came better prepared," he adds. He raises a hand and warforged march forward purposefully.


"Darkheart," Lightbringer states as his optic sensors narrow to focus on the warforged.

LB Ref save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 plus AP 2d6 ⇒ (1, 5) = 6.

LB is immune to stunning.

LB at 57 hps.


Male Human Ranger 6/Eldeen ranger (Gatekeeper) 5

Reflex 13+15=28, Fort 9+12=21. I'm at 47 hit points; I'm also stunned. BTW, I tossed Ikar's body into the tent, to be examined at a later time.

"Exit." Janosz shakes his head violently. "It's an impressive exit. Now, what do you want this time?"

As Mothers is away, I'm carrying the tent.


For those of us in the tent, we have about 25 rounds worth actions. If anybody needs healing, now's the time.

Rolund takes a swig of goodberry wine and offers one to Bor. Runzyl drinks a glass himself.

Runzyl at 19 hps. Runzyl needs 102 hps healed.

Bor at 52 hps. Bor needs 7 hps healed.

Rolund at full hps.

One of my jugs is almost empty. One more dose if anybody wants it.


m ROD! CLERIC 6 EXORCIST SLVR FLAME 5exp =116,385(cast as a 9th level cleric)

Gives Bor a potion of cure light wounds.
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


m ROD! CLERIC 6 EXORCIST SLVR FLAME 5exp =116,385(cast as a 9th level cleric)

Bor's at max.

Runzyl
wand of cure moderate wounds.

2d8 + 2 ⇒ (4, 7) + 2 = 13
2d8 + 2 ⇒ (2, 1) + 2 = 5
2d8 + 2 ⇒ (3, 6) + 2 = 11
2d8 + 2 ⇒ (4, 8) + 2 = 14
2d8 + 2 ⇒ (4, 2) + 2 = 8
2d8 + 2 ⇒ (3, 2) + 2 = 7


m ROD! CLERIC 6 EXORCIST SLVR FLAME 5exp =116,385(cast as a 9th level cleric)

more
2d8 + 2 ⇒ (4, 2) + 2 = 8
2d8 + 2 ⇒ (6, 6) + 2 = 14
2d8 + 2 ⇒ (8, 2) + 2 = 12
2d8 + 2 ⇒ (5, 7) + 2 = 14


m ROD! CLERIC 6 EXORCIST SLVR FLAME 5exp =116,385(cast as a 9th level cleric)

Runzy'ls at max.
Conducting triage......


m ROD! CLERIC 6 EXORCIST SLVR FLAME 5exp =116,385(cast as a 9th level cleric)

Wand of Cure mod wounds, as I believe Gil needs 21 hp; correct if wrong.

2d8 + 2 ⇒ (4, 6) + 2 = 12
2d8 + 2 ⇒ (3, 7) + 2 = 12


m ROD! CLERIC 6 EXORCIST SLVR FLAME 5exp =116,385(cast as a 9th level cleric)

Gil's at max, if I was correct in seeing she needed 21 hp.
Ezrael is the only other one.....


m ROD! CLERIC 6 EXORCIST SLVR FLAME 5exp =116,385(cast as a 9th level cleric)

Ez needs 31 hp.
2d8 + 1 ⇒ (5, 7) + 1 = 13
2d8 + 1 ⇒ (1, 7) + 1 = 9
2d8 + 1 ⇒ (5, 6) + 1 = 12

Everybody's at max.


What about yourself?


m ROD! CLERIC 6 EXORCIST SLVR FLAME 5exp =116,385(cast as a 9th level cleric)

lol
I'm so selfless.....


m ROD! CLERIC 6 EXORCIST SLVR FLAME 5exp =116,385(cast as a 9th level cleric)

2d8 + 1 ⇒ (7, 2) + 1 = 10


m ROD! CLERIC 6 EXORCIST SLVR FLAME 5exp =116,385(cast as a 9th level cleric)

One hp left; not enough to waste gold on.


57/70 hp; Effects: None; 120915 xp after Manfred

You are correct with regards to Gil.

With the Caretaker gone and time to breathe, Gil returns to her more familiar guise as Cassandra.

"Thanks, Rodergo. I hope those two can get out safely. There wasn't much time left. Can we repair Basher?"


m ROD! CLERIC 6 EXORCIST SLVR FLAME 5exp =116,385(cast as a 9th level cleric)

"I...think his soul is fled. They're really not machines. Well,.....we are machines of flesh, but......departed is departed."


"Can he be raised?"

Living constructs can be raised or resurrected. Just wondering if anybody wants to spend the money to bring him back.


m ROD! CLERIC 6 EXORCIST SLVR FLAME 5exp =116,385(cast as a 9th level cleric)

"Maybe,.....I've never tried it though."


m ROD! CLERIC 6 EXORCIST SLVR FLAME 5exp =116,385(cast as a 9th level cleric)

with three minutes to doomsday, did we shove that big metal dude in the tent?


m ROD! CLERIC 6 EXORCIST SLVR FLAME 5exp =116,385(cast as a 9th level cleric)

"I think the Church might get mad at me. Heh heh.....
So, maybe we'll keep him around for later; not like he's going to decay or anything."


Bor (with some assistance from Rolund) dragged him into the tent.


Rolund frowns at the Purified's disrespect of the fallen. "It might be best to consult with an artificer. Norn should be able to provide us with such assistance."


m ROD! CLERIC 6 EXORCIST SLVR FLAME 5exp =116,385(cast as a 9th level cleric)

"If we ever see him again."


57/70 hp; Effects: None; 120915 xp after Manfred

Gil gives the fallen hobgoblin's body a once-over while they wait.

Perception 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22

Had the bonus wrong. Fixed.


The warforged reach down to grab and pinion Lightbringer and Janosz.

Are you resisting? Technically, Janosz might struggle to do so since he is stunned, but LB could conceivably.


Male Human Ranger 6/Eldeen ranger (Gatekeeper) 5

There are just too many of them. We'll play along for now.


The warforged pin Lightbringer and Janosz, knees placed firmly in the smalls of their backs as they are manacled and fettered.

"Good," says Darkheart, "If they move, kill the human."

They are half-carried, half-dragged away from the facility. Janosz looks back to see smoke and dust pouring from the doorway, and as he watches part of the hill subsides with a low rumble. Looking the other way, he sees another group of warforged, standing a little distance away. They are heavily-armed, and guarded by several squads of soldiers. In particular, there is one with heavy armour covered in clusters of serrated blades. Two dog-like constructs sit patiently at his feet. All the other warforged seem to defer to him.

"No, not him," snaps Darkheart as the warforged bearing Janosz move to bring him closer, "He is not worthy. Just him." Lightbringer is pulled away, Darkheart following, and Janosz is dumped on the ground. Warforged move in a circle about him, weapons drawn, staring silently. A titan looms above them. All he can see is the wall of warforged and a patch of sky.

The camp is eerily quiet. The warforged are largely silent, only speaking when they must. They are no tents, no fires, no horses, no chatter. Janosz just hears the occasional grating warforged voice and the tramp of feet as they move around. His guards stand over him, their attention unwavering, their sword-arms untiring, ignoring any attempts at conversation.

He is there for some time, perhaps an hour. His arms and legs are going numb when the Darkheart and Lightbringer return through the cordon of warforged bodies. Lightbringer is now unbound.

Darkheart says, with seemingly some reluctance, "Release the human." He dips his head towards Janosz. "You are to leave the Mournland the way you came. You will be followed to make sure you do. Now go!"


Male Human Ranger 6/Eldeen ranger (Gatekeeper) 5

"Yessir. We'll get going right away." Janosz gets slowly to his feet and picks up his gear before immediately starting to walk briskly westwards. "I assume that was the legendary Lord of Blades. D'you know", he asks Lightbringer as they lope away from the camp, "if we're being escorted or just observed? Will we need to worry about rouge 'forged beasts, like those corpse-pickers?"

"We don't have a boat this time, and I don't trust our, ahem, stowed canoes to get us across the lake. We'll follow the lake until we get to its southern tip and cross there."

I'm thinking it would be a terrible idea to open the tent and let the others out with this crowd watching. The passengers will have to wait a bit, possibly even a day or three. Until then, we're hauling ass towards the lake; let me know if I need to make Stealth, Perception or Survival checks.

14,401 to 14,450 of 17,033 << first < prev | 284 | 285 | 286 | 287 | 288 | 289 | 290 | 291 | 292 | 293 | 294 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Aubrey's Eberron campaign. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.