Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Aubrey's Eberron campaign.

Game Master Aubrey the Malformed


1 to 50 of 17,019 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

It’s a quiet night in the Spear of Dhakaan, a dark bar on the outskirts of the Bazaar in Middle Dura lit by the dim flickering of a few everburning torches . A group of goblin merchants yammer loudly at one another, shoving and shouting in the traditional goblin negotiating style. A bugbear bouncer sits on a stool and leans against a wall by the entrance, gently rocking with his eyes shut as a hobgoblin chanteuse belts out another dirge bewailing the fates of lost empires. Waitresses – human, shifter and goblinoid – yell orders at the bar and dodge groping hands from punters of all races, while a beggar, dressed in the tatterered remnants of a Brelish army uniform and presumably human under the filth, does the rounds of the tables. Pipes in the wall gurgle loudly, channelling away the water dumped on to the high towers of the city, while the storm hisses against the windows, rumbling and flashing with lightning. Gazing down aloofly on proceedings, a spire drake watches from its battered cage above the bar. It's hot, humid and smokey, and the smell of cheap goblin spirits, cooking food and too many unwashed bodies is almost overpowering.

Indeed, pretty quiet as these things go....

What are the PCs doing? Why are they here?


male Nerd Lazy bum 3/lumbering ox 2/gamer 15

Currently on a pilgrimage to the site of my clans massacre, and this quaint tavern seems to be one I have not visited on my frequent excursions through Sharn.


King of the Jakers wrote:
Currently on a pilgrimage to the site of my clans massacre, and this quaint tavern seems to be one I have not visited on my frequent excursions through Sharn.

OK, that's the "why". What's the "what", so to speak?


male Nerd Lazy bum 3/lumbering ox 2/gamer 15

Currently appreciating the grand hospitality of the proprietor of the tavern..... by ordering one of those smelly goblin lagers. When in rome.


The elf stared into his mug of cheap ale after taking a long drink, pondering whether or not he had just been poisoned. While ale was not a common beverage amongst his people, he had been through plenty of these "taverns" before and had never tasted something quite as repulsive as this. After a moment passed, he realized that, while the flavor left plenty to be desired, the ale did not seem to be causing him any harm and he took another drink.

Setting the mug down on his table, the powerfully built elf examined his own coin pouch and sighed. The profits from the sale of his bow would not last him much longer. His blood had begun to stagnate. It had been almost a month since he had seen combat. If he was to continue, he would need to find money. He knew that many lesser men would pay handsomely for able swordsmen. He felt himself much more than able, however. He was Valenar. Money should not be hard to come by in such a large city as this.

He began to scan the tavern's patrons, searching for those who seemed to be men of means... though he realized such patrons would likely not frequent such a place.

Cheliax Bella Sara Charter Superscriber

Wait...Aubrey, when did you post looking for players? Are you full up?

Qadira

1 person marked this as a favorite.
No peeking, please Rarely Accountant 2/Auditor 4/Waster 30
Sebastian wrote:
Wait...Aubrey, when did you post looking for players? Are you full up?

That's great! Just ruin the ambience why don't you with a totally out-of-character interjection. I slave, trying to create a mood, the right feel, so they can smell where they are, nevermind visualise it, and along comes Baldy with, "Oi, can I play?" God, how we artists suffer.....

Alas, Seb, at the moment I am full (and you are even no.2 on the waiting list). Frankly, I was astounded at the interest, but yes, I have six players as it is (one more than I asked for). It's a shame, it would be cool to play with you, but if they all flee from my tedious game and leave open some spaces, I will definately let you know and share their pain. There is a discussion thread called "An Eberron campaign?" which is where this kicked off a few days ago.

Cheliax Bella Sara Charter Superscriber

Aubrey the Malformed wrote:

Alas, Seb, at the moment I am full (and you are even no.2 on the waiting list). Frankly, I was astounded at the interest, but yes, I have six players as it is (one more than I asked for). It's a shame, it would be cool to play with you, but if they all flee from my tedious game and leave open some spaces, I will definately let you know and share their pain. There is a discussion thread called "An Eberron campaign?" which is where this kicked off a few days ago.

For future reference, there is a big difference between "An Eberron Campaign" and "An Eberron Campaign run by Aubrey." I would have clicked on the later. I completely missed the thread as a result.

Oh well, I probably don't have the time/attention span anyway.

(And sorry for the interruption.)

Qadira

1 person marked this as a favorite.
No peeking, please Rarely Accountant 2/Auditor 4/Waster 30
Sebastian wrote:

For future reference, there is a big difference between "An Eberron Campaign" and "An Eberron Campaign run by Aubrey." I would have clicked on the later. I completely missed the thread as a result.

Oh well, I probably don't have the time/attention span anyway.

:-) Even my ego isn't big enough to title a thread "Aubrey's Eberron". Mr Baker might have something to say about that.

Edit - just noticed what this thread is called. And I started it. Ah, well....


Anyway.....


Assuming that Frogshanks and I are actually at the bar together. (I would guess we know each other from the House, even though I'm currently wandering loose.)

Trose sat at his table, scanning the bar. His contacts had been clear - there was work to be had here, but Trose had his doubts, and had come in looking "nondescript" - plain gray cloak, plain, functional armor, blades prominent but not threateningly so.
He sipped his ale, his nose wrinkling at the flavor of the "secret ingredient" that gave it that bitter taste that the goblins all seemed to love.
"Should have ordered the wine," he muttered to Frogshanks.
His eyes continued to slide across the room, and his mental list continued to grow. It was a game his grandmother had made him learn, and he'd been pretty good at it as a kid. She used to take him places and give him a particular "type" to look for - sellswords, spellcasters, buyers, patrons - that kind of thing. It was years before he'd realized she was seeding the places with that type, as well as red herrings so that he had to work. He hadn't played in years, but it was coming back to him, and now he understood why she'd done it.
"Goblin merchants... no joy there unless we want to work a mushroom caravan."
"Three guys in the back... a possibility, but it looks like one of them is holding a dagger under the table, so probably not."
"Elf at the bar... he's playing the same game I am. Looks good in a fight, though."
Nobody looked particularly like a patron, or even a fixer. Still, it was early.
"Looks kind of slim" he muttered to his companion, "but maybe the pickings will improve with a little time."


The tall, dark bodied warforged ducks it’s head low under the lintel and looks carefully around the dark interior of the Spear of Dhakaan. It nods briefly at the bugbear bouncer by the door, who waves back nonchalantly. By now the bugbear – and many of the tavern’s other regulars – have become used to the ‘forged's habits over the past week and a half.

As usual, it strides purposefully towards the ale-stained bar and carefully orders a drink – a drink that it will nurse, untouched, for the rest of the evening, paying with a few copper pennies pulled from a hidden pocket under it’s stained and patched cloak.

It then looks slowly around the room, it’s silver eyes catching the torchlight briefly, ignoring the hostile snarl of a hobgoblin tough, before heading over to a table at a dingy dark corner of the room, and settles in to wait, it’s over-long sword resting on against the bench beside it.

It waits resignedly – the goblins it seeks are almost certainly not going to be here – once again. And if they were, would it recognise them? A half seen face in a flash of torchlight on a nearby bridge, the light catching a sinister looking iron symbol hanging from a chain around the creature’s scrawny neck. A near kidnap victim who had no idea why he had been targeted… And even if they were here, would they be recognised?

The warforged suspects not. But it comes nevertheless, night after night. The Watch is not interested, and justice should be served. Besides … it has nothing better to do, no-one who really wants it’s help…


Male Human Ranger 6/Eldeen ranger (Gatekeeper) 5

Janosz nods noncommittally, before peering down into his mug. "Wine, boss? This ain’t so bad - at least it doesn’t have tadpoles in it, like me uncle’s moonshine". Truth be told, Janosz was grateful enough for Trose taking him along and showing him the ropes that he would have swilled Uncle Horvath’s vile whiskey quite happily if needed. Tonight marked his second month in Sharn, and adjusting had been rough. Still, House Tharashk had been good to him and had made the transition so much easier. So if Trose needed to visit this dive at this hour, that was fine with him. "The elf looks pretty tough, I agree. But how ‘bout that warforged over by the bar?".


Just waiting for Ezreal....


OK, to keep the ball rolling, I'll give Ezreal another few hours to post (as I don't know what time zone he is in, he might be tucked up in bed right now). I'll probably get things moving again at about 10.00pm my time (it's about 3.00pm here now). As a rule of thumb, as I don't want this to go too adrift, I'll try and move things on once every couple of days as a minimum. I might take control of characters to do this, though I will avoid it as much as possible.


A slim, well-dressed woman enters the bar, her dark green cloak lightly spotted with drops of rain. She pushes back her hood, revealing striking dark-haired looks, and briefly scans the room. Evidently not seeing whoever she was looking for, she heads to an empty table by the kitchen door and sits down. A goblin serving wench wanders over to her and, after a brief conversation, returns with a small ceramic mug of some steaming liquid. The woman pays and, after lifting the mug to examine it carefully and sniffing its contents, takes an experimental sip. With a slight grimace she replaces the mug on the table, and turns to watch the door.

Search checks, please

Grand Lodge

Pausing in the doorway for his eyes to adjust to the light, Ezreal quickly notes an empty table and makes for it. His stride is clipped, determined. Uninterested in the menu, he fidgets with it nonetheless. It would be another hour yet before the Yaniz, the goblin cook and (more importantly) tour guide who came highly recommended would be free to discuss his rates and set up a potential itenerary. But it was only his first week in the city, and he had nothing better to do so here he was- waiting and watching.

Ok, short but just enough to establish me on the scene. Feel free to have us know each other as you mentioned in the other thread, or however you like. We'll notice each other shortly and join tables if that is the case. Keep it rolling as you see fit and I'll be back with more leisure to post tomorrow.


Nice to have you with us, Ezreal. :-) I'll leave it up to the three of you if you want to recognise eachother.


search check = 24

"Well," Trose comments to his companion and nodding slightly toward the woman, "there's a distinct possibility. She looks less like she belongs here than we do."
His attention drawn back to the door as someone else enters, he chuckles. "Yet another member of the family... interesting."
He nods to Ezreal and slides a chair out from the table with a foot.


Search Check = 21 (natural 20!)

Runzyl's eyes narrow on the woman who enters. Following her line of sight, his eyes wander to the door but, seeing no one there, his attention turns to the other newcomer. He watches the man walk towards the two at the bar and, hearing the reference to 'family', he begins to listen intently. Merchant families were often in need of guards and common folk did not dress as these two did.


Both of those rolling notice this, and there isn't much need to worry about further rolls.

Both Runzyl and Trose notice a blue-back sigil seemingly inked into the skin of her wrist, her sleeve slipping up her arm slightly as she raises her cup to drink - definately a dragonmark, probably a "least" by its size, though which one you can't tell at this distance and in this relative gloom.


I'm assuming this is a human woman since you said 'woman' but never specified race.

Runzyl smirks slightly as he notices the mark creeping out from behind her sleeve.

The marked ones always have money. Runzyl abandons his distasteful beverage and makes his way towards the woman's table, picking up the double scimitar that leaned against his table and snapping it into it's harness on his back as he does so.

He pulls up a chair nearby and smiles at her, though his smile is certainly more similar to that of a predator than that of a friend. Such was his nature and it was no conscious thing on his part.

"Who are you waiting for?" he asked point-blank.

Ah, the joys of 8 Charisma.


Male Human Ranger 6/Eldeen ranger (Gatekeeper) 5

Hmmm... Rolled an 18. Does a Spot 26 get me an indication of her House?

"Yup. She doesn't seem to be here for the food". Janosz smiles at the just-arrived Tharashk. "Do you think she's the mystery contact? Perhaps we should invite her over here as well?".


Yes, she is human.

She returns Runzyl's level gaze. "Not you. Please allow me some privacy, I'm not after anything you have to offer. I suggest you leave before I have you removed."
---------------------------------------------
I actually asked for a Search roll, so you really got 21. So sorry, you can see it and recognise it as a dragonmark, but not the type, which in any case requires an Knowledge (Arcana) check to definitively identify.


Runzyl shrugs and stands up, returning the chair to its former place at the adjacent table and heading back to his own table to resume his drinking. If she wasn't here for hired muscle, then there wasn't anything else he could help her with. Best to leave such things alone. It wouldn't do to make enemies so soon. The elf sat and watched events unfold, waiting for someone he COULD offer something to to present themselves.

He took another sip of the unsavory beverage.


Nox motions for the bartender after draining his flagon in a single quaff. "Got anything stronger my jolly friend, and some food, may the blessing of Olladra guide your cooks hands" Nox says before climbing his stool and making a toast to his fellow tavern goers.
"Enjoy your drinks and your food my fellows, Olladra looks kindly on this place." With that Nox returns to his stool with a smile on his face and a gleam in his eye.


Lightbringer had just about given up on the idea that the goblins he was seeking would show themselves tonight, given the number of unusual patrons in attendance – assuming they didn’t notice the six and a half foot tall warforged lurking at the back of the room.

But he stayed nevertheless. Persistence, patience, hope.

At one point, his massive hand creeps towards the worn hilt of his great sword, as he notices the somewhat predatory looking elf with the wickedly curved two bladed sword approach the table of a well dressed woman who looks almost as out of place here as Lightbringer does.

However, the exchange between is brief, and Lightbringer relaxes as the elf returns to his drink.


Watching the elf get shot down, Trose comments to his companions, "She might be it, but after that show, I don't think pimping ourselves is the way toget her attention. Let's just wait a bit."
He looks around the room, shivering slightly as the heairs on the back of his neck start to stand up.
"Be ready for... something. Trouble, maybe. I've got a feeling things here are coming to a head."


The bulky warforged settles back into the shadows in his quiet corner of the dark, smokey tavern and contines to watch - for the goblins he seeks or for anything else unusual.

Spot check result: 17+1 = 18


Man, does no one know the difference between Search and Spot? Actually, that said, it can be tricky. My take is that Search is used when you are studying something you already know is there - like the woman. Spot is used to notice something that you don't know is there - like the assassin lurking behind Nox. Ha ha - only kidding.

Anyway, Lightbringer fails to notice anything - like a dragonmark or an assassin.


The slight tension in the bar following the confrontation between Runzyl and the woman dissipates after Nox's cheerful toast. A few moments later, a human man enters through the door of the bar, swaddled in a cloak. He is a fairly unremarkable specimen, almost purposefully nondescript, with bland pudgy features and light brown, thinning hair. In fact, he probably wouldn’t have been noticed at all except that, after briefly looking about the room, he sidles towards the dark-haired woman and sits at her table. This is obviously whom she intended to meet, as they begin a quiet conversation, heads bowed close together as they talk in low voices.

Suddenly, three gnolls swagger in, their heads ducking under the lintel. The effect upon the bar clientele is dramatic. The hubbub of voices falters and the waiting staff halt in their tracks and stare fearfully. The hobgoblin singer’s voice cracks and dies, and the beggar cowers and heads for the exit surprisingly rapidly for a man supposedly crippled in the Last War. The goblin traders cease their highly vocal discussion and watch on warily. While the bugbear continues to rock in his seat, now his eyes are wide open. An uncertain whispering begins in a number of guttural languages, but one word can be heard emanating from several sources: “Daask”.

Knowledge (Local) checks please. As most of you know Sharn reasonably well, you can make this check untrained if you haven’t taken skill ranks in it.

The gnolls scan the bar, and then stride over towards the woman and man you noticed earlier, their weapon harnesses and armour clinking, unhooking heavy axes from their belts. The woman sits up straight in alarm but the man leans back and smiles unpleasantly, seeming to savour her dismay. Their voices are clear as the rest of the drinkers seem to hold their breath.

“What is the meaning of this, Heris?” says the woman, her voice shrill.

The man’s smile broadens. “Actually, I’m not Heris, he couldn’t make it tonight. No, he decided to go fishing instead.” He chuckles, and the gnolls join in with high-pitched yapping. “You’re coming with us, so don’t make a fuss. Someone wants to have a little chat with you.”

The gnolls grab her roughly and begin to drag her from the bar. The man follows close behind her, a dagger pressed against the small of he back. She gazes at Runzyl briefly in a silent plea as she is manhandled towards the door.

What are you going to do next? Don’t plan long term – just what you are going to do in the next few seconds or so.


"Hey, you smelly pups" Nox howls "Where you going with that young lady, we where just about to enjoy a good meal." With that said Nox flings his mug at the human in the back of the group.

Knowlege(local) I got a 4, Atk: roll 16 +2 dex=20, if that hits.....2 dmg WOOT


Knowledge(local) roll = 17
My short-term plans are to rescue the maiden. I'll move toward the door in an attempt to keep them from just walking out with her

"This could get ugly, boys," Trose says to Frogshanks and Ezreal, "Gnolls are tough, but the bad ones are notorious for eating employees and victims, alike. Grandmother always said 'Only work for the villians when you have the upper hand, and if that's the case, why aren't they working for you."
He stands up and draws his shortsword.

Waiting for intitiative before I write any more action in than that.


If you get more than 10 on your Knowledge (local):

Spoiler:
Daask is a criminal organisation based in and around Lower Dura.

If you get 15 or more, you also know this:

Spoiler:
Daask is composed of mostly humanoids from Droaam: gnolls, ogres, goblinoids, plus a few more exotic types such as harpies and medusas. They have a reputation for extreme violence.

If you get 20 or more:

Spoiler:
Daask have only been in Sharn for a few years, but they are making aggressive in-roads into the territories of the established gangs.


Runzyl stands again, grinning wickedly as he unsheathes his weapon and points at the man who the gnolls seem to be working for as they begin to make off with the woman.

"You bring a pack of armed men against an unarmed woman? What manner of cowards are you?!" Runzyl almost hisses after the final statement, putting himself into a battle stance as he prepares to charge.

I haven't been here long enough to warrant a Knowledge(Local) check, so I'll forego it. Also, my initiative roll is 17 + 4 = 21. I'm planning to charge the closest gnoll, jumping over tables and chairs if need be, and cut him down.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human Expert 5

Knowledge (local) roll = 7. Never heard about these guys...

"They look plenty big and mean, boss. Gotta strike them hard and bring 'em down fast". Janosz mutters a nasty oath as he stands up and pulls out his dagger. "Shoulda brought my real weapon. This thing here is strictly a backup piece. Good thing I'm wearin' me armour". He nods in appreciation as the elf steps forward, brandishing his bizarre double sword. "At least we are not alone. This should be fun...".

I try to set up a flanking attempt with Trose, preferably on a gnoll first

My take on Spot and Listen has always been that they are for, well, seeing and hearing things. Search, on the other hand, is for poking around and locating hidden objects or mechanisms. Thus, I would use Spot to see the woman's Dragonmark, but Search to pat her down afterwards to find the huge bag of gold she's carrying. Of course, that might just be me...


Forgot initiative.. 12+1=13 already posted my action


We aren't on initiative yet - this is sort of a preliminary round - but we'll take the rolls people have made when we inevitably get into combat. Just waiting for Ezreal to post.

In the meantime, a bit of description. The bar is effectively a long narrown room running north-south. The north end is the exit to the exterior, the south end is a door to the kitchens. The room is about 50' long and 25' wide. The actual bar runs along the entirety of the west wall and is about 5' wide. Small round tables are set at about every 5 feet along the east wall and into the room, with about a 10' gap running down the middle of the room between the table area and the bar. The tables count as difficult terrain - half movement, can't charge.

The woman and the gnolls are about half way down the bar, heading north to the exit. Nox is the closest, sitting at the bar and about 5' away. Runzyl is about 10' away, at a table to the north. The rest of you are about 20' away, also north, close to the exit.


Aubrey the Demented/Malformed wrote:
Small round tables are set at about every 5 feet along the east wall and into the room, with about a 10' gap running down the middle of the room between the table area and the bar. The tables count as difficult terrain - half movement, can't charge.

Can we use the Jump skill to leap over the obstacles and still complete a charge action since Jump counts as part of your regular movement anyway?


Yes - the tables are about 2' high (goblin size) and require a standing jump to clear.


Vattnisse wrote:
[ My take on Spot and Listen has always been that they are for, well, seeing and hearing things. Search, on the other hand, is for poking around and locating hidden objects or mechanisms. Thus, I would use Spot to see the woman's Dragonmark, but Search to pat her down afterwards to find the huge bag of gold she's carrying. Of course, that might just be me...

Not sure it is clarified in the PHB, so I suspect there are different versions depending on the point of the view of the DM. I'd prefer to run with my version, if only because I know wot I mean and might get confused otherwise.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human Expert 5
Aubrey the Demented/Malformed wrote:
Not sure it is clarified in the PHB, so I suspect there are different versions depending on the point of the view of the DM. I'd prefer to run with my version, if only because I know wot I mean and might get confused otherwise.

Of course - it is, after all, the privilege of the DM to set the rules. Two questions:

1. Is there a readily available object I can use to distract the nearest gnoll? Near-boiling soup would be good, as would an old-fashioned torch or a potted plant.
2. Does the human seem to be a spellcaster? Y'know - holy symbol, pouches of spell components, that sorta ting.


knowledge, local (untrained): 17

“Daask.” States Lightbringer, as he sees the gnolls swagger into the room. “This is bad.” Not as bad as the Cult of the Dragon Below, but in Dura … almost as bad.

Standing suddenly, his greatsword to hand, Lightbringer throws back his cloak, the silver flame symbol etched into the chest of his armor plating clearly visible to anyone looking in his direction.

“Halt!” He commands in a loud voice, as the gnolls begin to drag the human woman from her seat. “Unhand her, and leave unharmed. Or stay, and face the light of the Flame!”

Lightbringer moves to position himself between the Daask gangers and the doorway (assuming he can do so in time). He holds his weapon ready, but not yet in attack position.

I assume that if he can set himself between the gnolls and the doorway there will be few, if any, tables between he and them? When the time comes, Initiative = 11

EDIT:Oh, and I suppose an intimidate check may be in order - I don't really expect it to work, but on the chance it does, check result is 17+1 = 18


Lightbringer’s intention is to rescue the woman, by word or by force, not to get bogged down in a needless fight with Daask soldiers. However, it seems at this point that fighting the abductors may be the way to achieve that. He is heartened by the fact that several other of the tavern’s patrons seem willing (even eager!) to stand up to Daask as well. His faith in the common people of Sharn is rapidly being bolstered.

Although he considers that the gangsters may use the woman as a hostage if hostilities break out, he thinks (hopes!) that they will not – if they had intended to kill her, there are easier ways and places to do so than here. They clearly want her alive, and no doubt their boss will be none too pleased if she winds up dead. That is his hope at any rate…

Presumably, as the gnolls head towards him, Lightbringer cannot see that the human male has a knife to the woman’s back – at any rate he cannot easily reach the man without passing the gnolls first.

Do all the gnolls have hold of the woman, or only one or two? They have their axes to hand – I presume they do not also hold shields? Can I tell what sort of armour they wear (in general terms?)


OK, let's run through the action and questions as they stand:

I have slept on the double-weapon-used-two-handed issue and have changed my mind. You can strike with it with one end and get STRx1.5 extra damage. Uncle Aub is so good to you....

There are plenty of mugs of beer knocking about, if you want to grab one of those. Remember (and this goes for Nox's beer throwing too) that unless you have proficiency in improvised weapons (which is a feat, somewhere, I think) then you take a -4 penalty to hit.

The human doesn't appear to be a spellcaster. More of a rogue-y look.

If you were trying a combat Intimidation, you need to be in melee range. If you were trying to just terrify them into submission, good roll, but.....

Two of the gnolls have the woman, but as she has a dagger jabbed in her back she is moving with them without them having to drag particularly. The other is 5' in front of them. No, they don't have shields. They seem to be wearing chain shirts. They are holding battleaxes.


Aubrey the Demented/Malformed wrote:

If you were trying a combat Intimidation, you need to be in melee range. If you were trying to just terrify them into submission, good roll, but.....

Two of the gnolls have the woman, but as she has a dagger jabbed in her back she is moving with them without them having to drag particularly. The other is 5' in front of them. No, they don't have shields. They seem to be wearing chain shirts. They are holding battleaxes.

Just trying to terrify them into submission. Don't worry, I didn't expect it to work! At the best I hoped maybe to give them pause for a moment...


It all happens very swiftly. One moment, the gnolls are dragging the woman out unopposed. The next, the man is drenched in beer and the group have been challenged by two armed warriors with two more rising to their feet.

"You f%~!ing b@+&+, you set me up," he snarls. "GORRUT! TARL! GET IN HERE!" he yells at the top of his voice. Meanwhile, the gnolls lips pull back, revealing oversized pointed teeth, and they release the woman, adopting a hunched, fighting posture and gripping their axes in both hands. The one in front fixes its eyes on Lightbringer and growls thickly in Common, "Iron man, Barok kill you."

OK, I need initiative rolls from Trose, Froggy and Ezreal. At the moment we have:
Runzyl 21
Bad guy 21
Nox 13
Lightbringer 11
Gnolls 8


HPs: 71/71, APs: 10/7 Karnnathi Wizard (Universalist) 11

Ezreal may have only been in Sharn for a week, but there are only so many ways you can interpret the hush and fearful whispers that just fell over the tavern with the gnolls arrival. None of them are good. And then they drew their axes... in a public house... against an unarmed woman. There were certain things that a military representative of Karrnath would have to be willing to accept when traveling in greater Khorvaire. A general sense of lawlessness and those trying to profit from it following the last war was to be expected. So it was that Ezreal was willing to turn a blind eye to that disgrace to a military uniform working the crowd for coin. It wasn't his concern and if the citizens of Sharn chose to accept such behavior rather than lashing some respect for the uniform into common vagrants then so be it.

But this was different. The gall of such a display infuriated Ezreal to his core. For any criminal element to feel that they could threaten patrons of a public house openly and drag them off into the street unopposed! Unthinkable. And he was certainly glad to see that he wasn't the only one to think so when he quickly scanned the crowd to assess the tactical situation. Only minutes after joining his new friends the mage found himself on his feet again and casting in preparation for the only way this scene could logically play out at this point. Using Trose's bulk to obscure his motions and appear less threatening, the mage slapped both palms together, fingers vertical arms horizontal, and quickly chanted the incantion.


No Kn Local check as I've only been in town a week.
Init: 5 when it comes to that.
Action: Cast Mage Armor
I'm back now. Full time. I do tend to post at early am hours, but it seems Aubrey is on the same schedule at least. Which probably puts him well around the world from brooklyn since I'm an overnighter. Thanks
for your patience over the last couple days.


No probs, glad you got your internet sorted out. By the way, Ezreal really lives and breathes this Lawful Neutral thing, doesn't he - nice job.


Nox, you need to work out what spells you have memorised for the day. (As a default, assume Bless and Shield of Faith if you don't have any particular preference on this specific occasion.) Also, going forward, could those spell casters who prepare spells let me know what spells they have memorised for each day? Cheers.

1 to 50 of 17,019 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Aubrey's Eberron campaign. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.