Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Aubrey's 4e Dark Sun

Game Master Aubrey the Malformed


1,051 to 1,100 of 4,519 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>

Male Half-Elf Bard/Rogue 4, Athasian Minstrel [AC 18, F 15, R 18, W 17; HP 41/41 0 temps (surges 8/8); Init +5; Spd 6; Passives - I 18, P 17]

Arno and Brinka follow the charge toward the enemy, both of them approaching Pacha and swinging. Arno levels a decent swing against the Silt runner, but Brinka is a little more reserved.

Arno:
Move to I15
Crushing Surge on Pacha 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20, damage 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 and gains 8 temps

Brinka:
Move to J14
Crushing Surge on Pacha 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11, JIC damage 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 and gains 8 temps.


Elemental's save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Initiatives and conditions:
Calla 23+ (blinded, 5 ongoing thunder damage, s/e both, has a free melee basic at +3 to take)
Brogh A 23-
Pacha 22
Brogh B 19
The pyreen 17
Tek 16+
Irivis 16- (prone, bloodied)
Chem 14+
Grak 14-
Arakan 12+
Arno 12
Brinka 12
Jareen 12-
Earth Elemental 11 (bloodied, granting combat advantage)
Gorad 3
The siltrunner army 0

Everyone hits except Brinka.

Jareen.

Map updated.


35/41 hp. 1 surge spent.

Calla strikes out blindly with her flail, attacking based on memory and orienting by the sound of Grak's voice. Melee basic, Bonus from Grak, CA: 1d20 + 10 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 3 + 2 = 19, 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7. How does blindness work in 4e?


M Mul Shaman 2 Elemental Priest

@Calla

Spoiler:
pretty sure it provided superior cover i.e. -5 to attack


Male Human Wizard 4 HP: 21/39 Surges: 7{7} AC: 15 Action Points: 1

Seeing no point in covering his magic any more, Jareen rises, and takes a couple of steps forward to K10 casting yet another spell at the Earth elemental.

Phantom Chasm centered on L18 (burst 1), 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 vs will for 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 4) + 4 = 12 damage target is immobilised, and falls prone (just prone and half damage on a miss. Burst remains until the end of the encounter, and anything entering it falls prone.....


OK, you used Phantom Chasm before and it's a Daily, so you can't use it again. That said, you missed anyway with those rolls, so we'll assume it was an At-Will and brush the whole thing under the carpet.


Male Human Wizard 4 HP: 21/39 Surges: 7{7} AC: 15 Action Points: 1

Damnit! Good plan...


Blinded, Calla's blow is wide. The elemental flails out, its stony fists aimed at Calla, Arakan and Arno.

Calla: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 v AC, damage 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 and the target cannot shift until the end of the elemantal's next turn.
Arakan: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 v AC, damage 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 and the target cannot shift until the end of the elemantal's next turn.
Arno: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 v AC, damage 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 and the target cannot shift until the end of the elemantal's next turn.

Gorad.

Map updated.


Calla feels the rush of hot desert air as the elemental's giant fist swooshes over her head.


Gorad?


Someone take Gorad's turn, please.


M Mul Shaman 2 Elemental Priest

Gorad shifts to H16 and sandswimmer materalizes out of M16 and attacks the elemental

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20vs will
1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 if hits Arakan gains 3 temp hps
sorry for the delay in posting, I moved and lost internet for 3 days


No worries, you're here now.

Sandswimmer re-emerges from the ground and strikes the elemental.


The crowd of silt-runners jeers and some attack with missiles, but they don't enter the ring of combat.

OK, everyone suffers a ranged attack - +8 v AC, damage 1d20+4. Please roll for yourselves. Then Calla.


Female Human Warlock 4 (Sorcerer King, Wildling) HP 46/46

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19 - ranged v Irivis.
Hits.
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Irivis crumples and falls as an arrow takes her in the throat.

Athas claims another victim.

She's dead dead. Negative bloodied.


Ooops, sorry, my mistake - it's not 1d20+4 damage, it's 1d10+4 damage.

Irivis can obviously reroll - it's going to be one of those "And in a parallel universe..." moments.


Female Human Warlock 4 (Sorcerer King, Wildling) HP 46/46

1d10 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Bloodied, prone and dying, on -4. A much better scenario.

Even as she sinks towards death, Irivis hears the voice of her mysterious patron, sneeringly urging her not to waste his gifts.


M Mul Shaman 2 Elemental Priest

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
1d10 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


Male Human Wizard 4 HP: 21/39 Surges: 7{7} AC: 15 Action Points: 1

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
1d10 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

I think that misses Jareen....


Male Half-Elf Bard/Rogue 4, Athasian Minstrel [AC 18, F 15, R 18, W 17; HP 41/41 0 temps (surges 8/8); Init +5; Spd 6; Passives - I 18, P 17]

Irivis, did you record the Surge+4 I gave you on my last turn?

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
1d10 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

A few of the fired missles nick Arakan, but between the protection given by Sandswimmer and his distance from the outer ring, he feels very little of the weapons.


Female Human Warlock 4 (Sorcerer King, Wildling) HP 46/46

Ah - missed that! Thank you, Arakan.
In that case she's on 8hp and bloodied, but otherwise in good shape.

Irivis shoots Arakan a look of genuine gratitude.


OK, Calla to risk a hit, and then her turn.


Attack from the crowd: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13; damage 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11.

Still blind, Calla feels crowd-flung missiles spatter across her armor, but takes no harm. She hears Irivis gasp in pain, and hopes someone can help the older woman. Because Calla surely can't. Frustrated, she whirls her bone-edged flail in a defensive pattern.

Whirling defense (CA, blind): 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 5 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 2 - 5 = 10; damage 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8.
Save: 1d20 ⇒ 11


Did Calla take her 5 ongoing against which (along with the blindness) she has just saved?

Calla swings her flail wildly and although she doesn't hit anything he manages to clear her eyes.

One of the brogh's chucks a boulder at Arakan. The other makes a grab for Grak.

Brogh A throws a boulder at Arakan: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28 v AC, damage 2d10 + 6 ⇒ (8, 9) + 6 = 23 and the target is pushed 2 and falls prone.

Brogh B makes a slam attempt on Grak: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 v AC, damage 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 and the target is grabbed.
That'll be a miss, so he'll blow his AP and have another go: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 v AC, damage 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 and the target is grabbed.
Stupid brogh.

Pacha stabs at Brinka and Arno before backing out of range.

Attack v Arno: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 1 = 24 to hit, damage 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 2 = 7
Attack v Brinka: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 1 = 12 to hit, damage 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 = 9
He then shifts his speed.

The pyreen implores the spirits to aid his elemental champion and the earth elemental's crumbling form begins to heal. The pyreen then calls down fire and thunder to batter his foes.

Tek continues to watch.

Minor: heals the elemental.
Standard: Attacks Grak at range: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 v Fort, damage 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 and the target is blinded and takes 5 ongoing thunder damage (save ends both).
Moves up next to the elemental, then spends an AP for another Standard. Close blast 3, catching Calla, Arno, Brika and Chem.
2d10 + 8 ⇒ (2, 3) + 8 = 13 damage and the target is dazed, slowed and takes 5 ongoing fire damage (save ends all).
Calla: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 v Reflex
Arno: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 v Reflex
Brinka: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 v Reflex
Chem: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 v Reflex

Initiatives and conditions:
Calla 23+ (dazed, slowed, 5 fire ongoing s/e all)
Brogh A 23-
Pacha 22
Brogh B 19
The pyreen 17
Tek 16+
Irivis 16- (prone, bloodied)
Chem 14+ (dazed, slowed, 5 fire ongoing s/e all)
Grak 14-
Arakan 12+ (prone, bloodied)
Arno 12 (dazed, slowed, 5 fire ongoing s/e all)
Brinka 12
Jareen 12-
Earth Elemental 11 (bloodied, granting combat advantage)
Gorad 3
The siltrunner army 0

Map updated.

Irivis.


No. Calla is now on 17 hp. Also, yeesh! Anyone have any powers that allow for extra saves out of turn?

As the Pyreen's power washes over her, Calla growls out, "We may have been focused on the wrong opponent. That hurt!"


Female Human Warlock 4 (Sorcerer King, Wildling) HP 46/46

Curse Brogh A.
Crawl to Q11 and gain concealment.
Use second wind.
Still bloodied, but +2 all defs to start next turn.

Astonished to be still alive, Irivis crawls a little further away and takes a deep breath.

The Elemental should still be taking 5 ongoing fire from Irivis unless it saved.


By the way, remember that A, B and C call all mark targets. At the moment, they are attacking the same creature (Pacha, although he has withdrawn somewhat) which negates the heat they can draw from the more powerful combatants.

Chem.

Map updated.

RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16 , Dedicated Voter 2013, Star Voter 2014

Am I right that Chem can take either a move action OR a standard action, due to the dazed condition? Do the ABCs have action points?

Chem, eyes blurred and steps slow, moves to threaten the Pyreen, and tries to summon the energy to strike at the stilt-runner theurge.

Move to I16. If Chem has an action point available he attacks the Pyreen with Brutal Cut.


The ABC's don't have action points. However, remember that a charge is a standard action and no longer has to be in a straight line for 4e.

On the subject of action points remember that you reached a milestone before getting here so should all have had an action point available.

RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16 , Dedicated Voter 2013, Star Voter 2014

Thanks Aubrey, I didn't realize that charges didn't need to be in a straight line, so considered and dismissed the idea. In that case, Chem charges to J16 and attackes the Pyreen. Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 1 = 18, damage 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11. Saving throw 1d20 ⇒ 14.

The Exchange

No peeking, please Rarely Accountant 2/Auditor 4/Waster 30

Chem's wild swing connects, and he takes heart from his lucky strike.

Grak, then Arakan.

Calla 23+ (dazed, slowed, 5 fire ongoing s/e all)
Brogh A 23-
Pacha 22
Brogh B 19
The pyreen 17 (marked by Chem)
Tek 16+
Irivis 16- (prone, bloodied)
Chem 14+
Grak 14-
Arakan 12+ (prone, bloodied)
Arno 12 (dazed, slowed, 5 fire ongoing s/e all)
Brinka 12
Jareen 12-
Earth Elemental 11 (bloodied, granting combat advantage)
Gorad 3
The siltrunner army 0


Grak, then Arakan, then Arno, then Brinka, then Jareen.


Male Half-Elf Bard/Rogue 4, Athasian Minstrel [AC 18, F 15, R 18, W 17; HP 41/41 0 temps (surges 8/8); Init +5; Spd 6; Passives - I 18, P 17]

Unfazed by the Brogh's big clumsy swings, Grak agrees with Calla's assessment. He steps closer to the 'Pyreen' and coordinates a swing against it with Chem's help. The strikes are clean and fast. He then orders Arakan to do more than lay there like sun-baked inix dung.

Move, Shift to I17
Standard, Hammer and Anvil on the Pyreen 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23 vs REF, damage 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 and Chem gets a free melee basic against the Pyreen with a +3 to the attack.
Minor, Inspiring Word on Arakan (the only bloodied in range) surge+1d6 ⇒ 3

Chem's MBA 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28 vs AC, damage 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


Male Half-Elf Bard/Rogue 4, Athasian Minstrel [AC 18, F 15, R 18, W 17; HP 41/41 0 temps (surges 8/8); Init +5; Spd 6; Passives - I 18, P 17]

Arakan groans, as he turns and gets to his feet, determined to not let them keep him down. He quickly loads his hand crossbow, and laughs loudly as if the whole stone was just a trifle, before he darts the crossbow up to shoot at the elemental again. His aim weak from the blow he just took from the giant.

Move, stand up
Free, load hand crossbow
Standard, Sly Flourish on Elemental 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 2 = 14 vs AC (ugh, doubt that hits) damage 1d6 + 8 + 2d6 ⇒ (6) + 8 + (5, 6) = 25 and the Elem provides CA until EOMNT (from daily power).
Yup, used my good rolls for the NPC's.


Male Half-Elf Bard/Rogue 4, Athasian Minstrel [AC 18, F 15, R 18, W 17; HP 41/41 0 temps (surges 8/8); Init +5; Spd 6; Passives - I 18, P 17]

Arno pushes the advantage, seeing the fear in the the one backing away. He musters enough to charge.

Arno charges Pacha 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 vs AC, damage 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 and Pacha marked. save 1d20 ⇒ 16

Brinka tries to keep the attentions of the Brogh off of Grak.

Move to H17, Crushing Surge the Brogh 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 vs AC, damage 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 and gains 8 temps. Marks Brogh B.


The allies form up a fighting line to contain the threat from the silt-runners.

Calla 23+ (dazed, slowed, 5 fire ongoing s/e all)
Brogh A 23-
Pacha 22 (marked by Arno)
Brogh B 19 (marked by Brinka)
The pyreen 17 (marked by Chem)
Tek 16+
Irivis 16- (prone, bloodied)
Chem 14+
Grak 14-
Arakan 12+ (prone, bloodied)
Arno 12 (dazed, slowed, 5 fire ongoing s/e all)
Brinka 12
Jareen 12-
Earth Elemental 11 (bloodied, granting combat advantage)
Gorad 3
The siltrunner army 0

Jareen.

Map updated.


Male Half-Elf Bard/Rogue 4, Athasian Minstrel [AC 18, F 15, R 18, W 17; HP 41/41 0 temps (surges 8/8); Init +5; Spd 6; Passives - I 18, P 17]

Arakan stood up, and Grak's healing puts him just above bloodied.


The perils of cut and paste. I should also point out that Pacha is bloodied.


Nice work Aardvark.


Male Human Wizard 4 HP: 21/39 Surges: 7{7} AC: 15 Action Points: 1

Jareen moves towards Irvis, though whether to aid her, or use her as some sort of shield is difficult to tell. As he moves, he looses a bolt of fire at the elemental.

MA: Move to R12
SA: Magic Missile: 1d20+4 vs ref, 6 damage.


Female Human Warlock 4 (Sorcerer King, Wildling) HP 46/46

Irivis eyes Jareen cautiously, unwilling to act as a barricade and aware that she'll prove a flimsy barrier at best.

Arakan just rocked the block with some of those rolls.


Magic Missile is auto-hit (like in thje good old days) so there's no need to roll to hit.

The elemental lashes out with stony fists again.

Fist attacks on Calla, Chem and Grak.
Calla: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23 v AC, damage 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Chem: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 v AC, damage 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Grak: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20 v AC, damage 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Also, remember the elemental's earthquake aura 2 - make a DC 13 Acrobatics check at the start of your turn or fall prone.

Gorad, then the army.

Map updated.


M Mul Shaman 2 Elemental Priest

Sandswimmer should still be in m16

Gorad shifts to H16 and Sandswimmer shifts to L16 and attacks the elemental

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11vs Will
1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12if hits Calla gains 3 temp hps

Gorad summons the spirits to heal himself. At the same time the magic flows through Sandswimmer into Calla and she gains 1d6 ⇒ 4 hps

Gorad 27/33 hps sorry Irvis you were too far away without completely disengaging and getting the benefits to Calla too:(


Sandswimmer fails to connect.

Actually, Grak is Gr - I'm not sure where you were, so we'll stick you in H16 anyway. Gorad is now Go on the map.

OK, it's the army again - everyone suffers a ranged attack - +8 v AC, damage 1d10+4. Please roll for yourselves. Then Calla.

Map updated.


M Mul Shaman 2 Elemental Priest

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
1d10 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Gorad suffers again at the hands of the army.

22/33 hps


Male Human Wizard 4 HP: 21/39 Surges: 7{7} AC: 15 Action Points: 1

Atk: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 dmg: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Despite ducking, this time an arrow or two hits Jareen...


Female Human Warlock 4 (Sorcerer King, Wildling) HP 46/46

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Irivis stays low and stays safe.

No worries Gorad. Calla's our front liner and needs it more.


Male Half-Elf Bard/Rogue 4, Athasian Minstrel [AC 18, F 15, R 18, W 17; HP 41/41 0 temps (surges 8/8); Init +5; Spd 6; Passives - I 18, P 17]

Army attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23, damage 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Arakan tries to avoid as many of the missles as he can, but ends up moving away from only to move into others, and ends with the cuts to show for it.

Bloodied again


OK, Calla's go. To speed things up, these are the army's attacks on Calla, Arno, Brinka, Chem and Grak.

Calla: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 v AC, 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 damage
Arno: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 v AC, 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 damage
Brinka: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 v AC, 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 damage
Chem: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 v AC, 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 damage, crit = max damage of 14
Grak: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 v AC, 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 damage

I'll give Calla another day or so and then I'll get things going.


HP 11/41 -> 6/41 with ongoing damage.

Fortunately the crowd's missiles do not further injure Calla, and she takes a moment to summon her reserves of energy. Second wind, regain 10 HP an gain +2 to all defenses.

Feeling a little better, Calla strikes at the elemental to give her time to recover her feet. Spend action point to use Renewed Focus at will power. Attack vs AC: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18, damage 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7. Calla is no longer marked or slowed and cannot be marked or slowed until EONT.

Save 1d20 ⇒ 14

1,051 to 1,100 of 4,519 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Aubrey's 4e Dark Sun campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.