Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Aubrey's 4e Dark Sun

Game Master Aubrey the Malformed


1,001 to 1,050 of 4,508 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>

As in counted.


Female Human Warlock 4 (Sorcerer King, Wildling) HP 46/46

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 - Arcana
1d20 ⇒ 15 - Insight
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16 - Bluff
1d20 ⇒ 16 - Init

Irivis recognises the thing for exactly what it is and looks utterly unimpressed as it erupts. She sniffs dismissively, but notes that the siltrunners are turning pro-Pyreen.

She stirs the sand with her staff thoughtfully.

"The spirits of the land are not as simple as you think."


Calla murmurs, "Good. A fighting chance." Loud enough for the runners to hear, she says to Arakan, "Permit me to test this spirit for you - we will see the truth of the Pyreen's claim written in combat."

Spend 1power point to gain +3 init. Init: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23. Use speed of thought immediate interrupt to move up to 5 sq to directly in front of the spirit, between it and the group.


Sorry for being so quiet over the last couple of days. A busy weekend, and I've been working on stuff for the games as well. Back on track soon.


Map.

Hopefully reasonably self-explanatory. Pa = Pacha, Do = Doos, Py = Pyreen, SL1 = siltrunner leader 1, SL2 = siltrunner leader 2. Gr = Grak and A, B and C are the men he brought with him. The orange-y border around the main areas is the press of little scaly bodies as the siltrunner army congregates and looks on, leaving the empty space in the middle. Ar = Arakan where he is standing on his rock.

Earth elemental 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11

Initiatives:
Calla 23
Irivis 16
Arakan 12+
Jareen 12-
Earth Elemental 11
Gorad 3

Please place yourselves on the map, then it is Calla's go.


Female Human Warlock 4 (Sorcerer King, Wildling) HP 46/46

M13 please.


Calla starts next to Grak at J12. In the instant that combat starts she moves to face the summoned elemental at K16. Immediate action - speed of thought.

Calla crosses the intervening space in an instant and is facing the elemental. She raises her shield in defiance and strikes with her flail, demanding its attention, its respect.

Standard action - whirling defense. Attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18, damage 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12. Target is marked. Minor action - battlemind's demand to make darned sure the elemental is marked.


Calla charges the elemental, creating a small puff of rock dust.

Irivis. I'll update the map tonight.


Female Human Warlock 4 (Sorcerer King, Wildling) HP 46/46

Curse elemental.
Move to Q13 and gain concealment
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 - Eldritch Blast v Ref. Miss.
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29 - Bluff to mask arcane actions.

Irivis curses under her breath and moves away, masking her attack with the ease of long practice. The elemental takes no notice whatever.


Arakan.


Male Half-Elf Bard/Rogue 4, Athasian Minstrel [AC 18, F 15, R 18, W 17; HP 41/41 0 temps (surges 8/8); Init +5; Spd 6; Passives - I 18, P 17]

Arakan steps back, giving himself just a little extra room between him and the creature. He draws his newly attained hand crossbow in his left hand, he slides it across the thigh quiver he has for the bolts. Once again he blows across his fingers, while whispering an incantation. Being unsure where it's eyes are he's disrupted as he tries to target them, pausing long enough to ruin the pattern.

Move, shift to L14
Minor, draw hand crossbow and load it (free)
Bluff to hide Arcane power 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
Eyebite vs Elemental 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 vs Will.
AND... Arakan is back in true form with the first fumble of the combat.


Jareen.


Male Human Wizard 4 HP: 21/39 Surges: 7{7} AC: 15 Action Points: 1

Please place Jareen in L11

Bluff to conceal Arcane use: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Cast Phantom Chasm, at L18 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 vs Will, 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 3) + 4 = 8 psycic damage, and imobalised until it's next turn....

Jareen stays seated on the ground, apparently playing with stones on the ground, although concentrating very hard on them...

If this follows normal form, someone will point out that I have used a daily spell today already, but I'm pretty sure I haven't.....I just don't know


Actually, I believe you didn't last time, so I think you're OK.


Initiatives:
Calla 23
Irivis 16
Arakan 12+
Jareen 12-
Earth Elemental 11 (prone)
Gorad 3

The elemental pulls up short, confused by Jareen's spell. But it still lashes out at Calla.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 to hit, 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 damage.

Just to let you know (forgot to do it with Arakan, we'll write it off to experience) the elemental has an aura 2 of shaking earth so that anyone starting their turn there must make a DC 13 Acrobatics check or fall prone.

Gorad.

Map updated.


M Mul Shaman 2 Elemental Priest

Sandswimmer moves to L16 and attacks the elemental

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17vs will prot strike
1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 if hits Call gains 3 temp hps

Sandswimmer tries to show the crowd who the real Spirit of the Earth is and attemps to Maul the elemental.


As the elemental swings wildly, Sandswimmer hits home, his attack drawing awed whispers from the crowd.

Map updated.

Initiatives:
Calla 23
Irivis 16
Arakan 12+
Jareen 12-
Earth Elemental 11 (prone, immobilised)
Gorad 3

Calla.


Calla stumbles in the suddenly trembling sand, trying to keep her footing and press the attack.
Acrobatics: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13

Barely, she stays upright and presses her attack on the prone spirit. Concussive spike: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18, damage 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12.


Calla hits with her flail again, chipping pebbles from the elemental's body.

Irivis.


Female Human Warlock 4 (Sorcerer King, Wildling) HP 46/46

Move to S16 and gain concealment.
Eldritch Blast (Ref)
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 - probably not a hit
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12 - Bluff to hide the attack as a sand kick. Oops.

Irivis moves again, hiding herself in the sand as she jabs at the ground. Irritated with herself, she just has the sense to try and hide her attack with a blustering gesture.

"The spirits know the truth."


That is a hit - please roll damage. However...

Irivis' bolt ricochets from the ground and hits the elemental - a nice trick if you can pull it off, but possibly not subtle. The pyreen peers at her intently for a moment, then his eyes widen in genuine horror. Extending a bony finger, he shrieks, "Defiler!" Pacha goggles, then gives a high-pitched howl of fury as the broghs roar and make to lumber forwards. Doos and the other leaders seem rooted to the spot as the siltrunner army erupts.

"I think this is where we come in, boys!" yells Grak as he yanks out his sword.

Map updated.

I actually thought it would be Jareen who would blow that check. Heh heh...


New initiatives, which will kick in in the next round (Arno, Brinka and Chem are Grak's three guards):
The pyreen: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Pacha: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Brogh 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Brogh 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Grak: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Arno: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Brinka: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Chem: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

The army go on zero. I'll stick up stats for your allies in the next day or so.

In the meantime... Arakan.


Grak and chums' stats here. The way I normally play this is that you will control the NPCs, and any player can do so on a first-come-first-served basis. However, they (and all the other new agents in this) come into play next round.

Initiatives and conditions:
Calla 23+
Brogh A 23- (not in this round)
Pacha 22 (not in this round)
Brogh B 19 (not in this round)
The pyreen 17
Irivis 16
Chem 14+ (not in this round)
Grak 14- (not in this round)
Arakan 12+
Arno 12 (not in this round)
Brinka 12 (not in this round)
Jareen 12-
Earth Elemental 11 (prone, immobilised)
Gorad 3
The siltrunner army 0 (not in this round)


Female Human Warlock 4 (Sorcerer King, Wildling) HP 46/46

1d10 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 5 + (6) = 13 - damage.

Irivis sighs.


Male Half-Elf Bard/Rogue 4, Athasian Minstrel [AC 18, F 15, R 18, W 17; HP 41/41 0 temps (surges 8/8); Init +5; Spd 6; Passives - I 18, P 17]

Never one to miss an opportunity, possibly the last one he has before the rush of siltrunners envelop them, Arakan draws his dagger and moves in to strike the downed elemental. With a flip of his blade, he goes from standard grip to stabbing grip, and brings the dagger down into the rocky form. Emboldened by his success, and seeing no better time to beef up his form, he hits a high note that sets his blade to humming, and it continues holding the note.

The reverberations carrying through the blade allow it to sink easily into the rocky surface of the creature, and while at it Arakan is able to bring his previously loaded hand crossbow to bear. All concern of hiding the nature of his song vanishes with Irivis' misstep.

Minor draw dagger
Move, to M16
Standard, Sly Flourish on Elemental, 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 2 = 26 (including CA), damage 1d4 + 8 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 8 + (3, 4) = 17
AP, finally using his Daily, Slayer's Song 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29, WOOT! That's 13 damage (2d4+5) +inherent of 1d6 ⇒ 5, so 18 total.
and the target grants CA to me and allies (save ends)
Effect: Until EoE, whenever I hit an enemy, they grant CA to you and you allies until EoMNT.

PLUS: with my new feat, a crit lets me make a free ranged basic with my off-hand x-bow. We've done 87 to the elemental so far, if it's still alive, I shoot at it, otherwise, I shoot at the Pyreen. 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24, damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10, but I think I still provoke an OA.


The elemental is not destroyed yet.

Jareen.


Male Half-Elf Bard/Rogue 4, Athasian Minstrel [AC 18, F 15, R 18, W 17; HP 41/41 0 temps (surges 8/8); Init +5; Spd 6; Passives - I 18, P 17]

Is he bloodied at least? If not Arakan may need to find a new target, one very far away from the elemental.


Nope, 'fraid not.


Before I forget, Tek is Te on the map. His initiative is 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16.

Initiatives and conditions:
Calla 23+
Brogh A 23- (not in this round)
Pacha 22 (not in this round)
Brogh B 19 (not in this round)
The pyreen 17
Tek 16+ (not this round)
Irivis 16-
Chem 14+ (not in this round)
Grak 14- (not in this round)
Arakan 12+
Arno 12 (not in this round)
Brinka 12 (not in this round)
Jareen 12-
Earth Elemental 11 (prone, immobilised)
Gorad 3
The siltrunner army 0 (not in this round)


Male Human Wizard 4 HP: 21/39 Surges: 7{7} AC: 15 Action Points: 1

Bluff: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

JAreen continues apparently playing with the sand at is feet for a few moments, then gets up, and moves away from the elemental.

SA: Excise from sight, 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 vs Will, 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 damage, and make Calla invisible to the Elemental.

MA: Move to L8


That's a miss. By the way, when are you going to update your character sheet?

Map updated.


Gorad.

Dark Archive

Wintergreen's CE PA IT Geek 10/Daddy 6/Physicist 3/Cartographer 1/Runner 1

Depends which character sheet you are talking about ;)


That's maybe not the best answer... ;-)


M Mul Shaman 2 Elemental Priest

Sandswimmer attacks the elemental again

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10vs will prot strike
1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 if hit Calla gains +3 temp hps(doesn't stack with previous)

Dark Archive

Wintergreen's CE PA IT Geek 10/Daddy 6/Physicist 3/Cartographer 1/Runner 1
Aubrey the Demented/Malformed wrote:
That's maybe not the best answer... ;-)

Ok, then. As far as I'm aware, the Paizo one is up to date. I may very well have missed some stuff, I've never found the DnD books be be very good at explaining how you level, from 2e through Pathfinder to 4e... So maybe I'm broke in that respect! The iPlay4e one, which I'd rather use, is a PITA because I have no way to update it other than hand editing the horrible XML that the .4e files are.

Better Sir?


Well, it's difficult to be sure, but at the very least your 2nd level Utility isn't on your Paizo sheet, not is it on your iPlay4e sheet either. I can't see the latter at work, so it's difficult to be sure about the other stuff right now as your stats aren't on your Paizo sheet, but your skills and to hit bonuses could also be wrong as they scale up at [stat bonus]+ 1/2 level. The thing is, I haven't noticed you do anything to your character sheet since it was put up the first time. And since your Paizo version lacks the requisite details, I can't check it. I've asked you repeatedly to at least put your stats in there so I can easily check this stuff for you, but you haven't. I'm happy to help you do it, as probably is everyone else, but only you can actually put the details up. And I can see with a very cursory glance that they are wrong for a 2nd level character. I just can't say how wrong.

Do you own a 4e PHB, because this will be difficult without one? If not, or if you are unsure of the rules, please say. I know you don't have the CharBuilder and Rosey helped you build up Jareen at level 1, but without it you can't really used the iPlay4e character sheet and are best just concentrating on the Paizo sheet.

Dark Archive

Wintergreen's CE PA IT Geek 10/Daddy 6/Physicist 3/Cartographer 1/Runner 1

Ok, ignore the iPlay4e one then. That's easy. I thought the ability scores were on there. They are now. Anything else missing, let me know.

I do have the book, and I've followed it through and made the adjustments on there to skills etc, but as I say, I have never found the instructions particularly clear. So I quite easily could have missed something.


Cool, I'll check it out.


Sandswimmer misses his target.

Realised I forgot the elemental in the excitement. His turn now, then Calla.

The elemental hauls itself up, and makes a punch with each lumpy fist at Calla and Sandswimmer.

Calla: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 v AC, damage 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Sandswimmer: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20 v AC, damage 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
A creature hit by the elemental's slam cannot shift until the end of the elemental's next turn.

Initiatives and conditions:
Calla 23+
Brogh A 23-
Pacha 22
Brogh B 19
The pyreen 17
Tek 16+
Irivis 16-
Chem 14+
Grak 14-
Arakan 12+
Arno 12
Brinka 12
Jareen 12-
Earth Elemental 11
Gorad 3
The siltrunner army 0

Calla.

Map updated.


M Mul Shaman 2 Elemental Priest

hmm not good from a I'm a god perspective... Sandswimmer fades from view and I real as I take 6 dmg


Someone please take Calla's turn, as Will said he would be out of contact.


M Mul Shaman 2 Elemental Priest

Calla 33/41 hp since had 3 temp from original hit of sandswimmer

Calla moves through a whirling defensive pattern and attacks the elemental. whirling def
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27vs AC
1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 and the elemental is marked Effect: Whenever you use your mind spike before the end of your next turn, the target of that power takes extra damage equal to your Charisma modifier (+2 damage).


Calla's flail cracks a chunk of stone from the elemental, which is beginning to look quite battered.

One of the giants gives a furious roar and shuffles forwards. Hurling a rock like a shotputter, it aims at Irivis. She flinches just in time to avoid being brained, but she is still knocked reeling.

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30 v AC, damage 2d10 + 6 ⇒ (4, 6) + 6 = 16 and on a hit you are pushed two squares and fall prone.
EDIT: Ouch! That's 26 damage. I've moved you.

Pacha grabs the opportunity to enter the fray, sliding round Calla to stand opposite the elemental, letting letting it distract her as he stabs at her back with his spear.

1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 15 v AC, damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

The other brogh takes a dislike to Grak and comes forward to hurl its boulder at him, but Grak dodges and it lands beside him.

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16 v AC, damage 2d10 + 6 ⇒ (8, 10) + 6 = 24 and on a hit you are pushed two squares and fall prone.

The pyreen stands up. It raises a hand and then jerks it forwards. Air spirits obey his call, and with a rush of wind they scour up sand in Calla's face to blind her.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 v Fort, damage 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 and on a hit you are also blinded and take 5 ongoing thunder damage, save ends both.

Tek crouches, watching the fight, shoulders bunched but still undecided what to do. (No action from him this round.)

Initiatives and conditions:
Calla 23+ (blinded, 5 ongoing thunder damage, s/e both)
Brogh A 23-
Pacha 22
Brogh B 19
The pyreen 17
Tek 16+
Irivis 16- (prone, bloodied)
Chem 14+
Grak 14-
Arakan 12+
Arno 12
Brinka 12
Jareen 12-
Earth Elemental 11 (bloodied)
Gorad 3
The siltrunner army 0

Map updated.

Irivis.


Female Human Warlock 4 (Sorcerer King, Wildling) HP 46/46

Is it 16 or 26 damage?

Streaming blood and rising, Irivis quietly curses Brogh A and stirs the ground with her rod once more. Superheated sand rises around the Elemental, engulfing it.

Stand. Curse Brogh A
Flames of Phlegethos v Elemental's Ref
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
3d10 + 5 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 9) + 5 + (3) + (5) = 28
28 fire damage and it takes 5 ongoing fire damage (se).


26, as you were critted.


The fires of Irivis' fury send hairline cracks through its rocky hide.

OK, it's Chem, then Grak, then Arakan, then Arno, then Brinka, then Jareen. Like I said before, the NPCs are yours to control and the stats are in the cover page for this campaign. I also won't be tracking their hp so please ensure you do.


Initiatives and conditions:
Calla 23+ (blinded, 5 ongoing thunder damage, s/e both)
Brogh A 23-
Pacha 22
Brogh B 19
The pyreen 17
Tek 16+
Irivis 16- (prone, bloodied)
Chem 14+
Grak 14-
Arakan 12+
Arno 12
Brinka 12
Jareen 12-
Earth Elemental 11 (bloodied)
Gorad 3
The siltrunner army 0

Map updated.

Chem, then Grak, then Arakan, then Arno, then Brinka, then Jareen.


M Mul Shaman 2 Elemental Priest

I'll do the first 2 Chem and Grak

Chem moves to I14 and attacks Pacha

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20vs ac
1d10 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 if hits Chem gains 8 temp hps

Grak uses inspiring word on Calla spend healing surge plus 1d6 ⇒ 2 hps
Grak moves to I17 avoiding aoo and attacks Brogh B
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16vs Ref
1d10 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 if hits Calla gets a free melee basic attack vs Elemental at +3 bonus attack


Male Half-Elf Bard/Rogue 4, Athasian Minstrel [AC 18, F 15, R 18, W 17; HP 41/41 0 temps (surges 8/8); Init +5; Spd 6; Passives - I 18, P 17]

Arakan should be in M16 from his last action, but he is moving anyways.
The elemental didn't roll a save vs. the CA I put on him. Also, a reminder that until EOE anyone I hit provides CA until the end of my next turn.

Acrobatics for aura 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Arakan easily keeps his footing on the uneven earth around the elemental, and decides that now that he has set it up, he can focus on the weak spots to try and bring it down. He eases back, closer to Irivis, looking at her from over his shoulder as he steps back. He loads the crossbow, and flips his knife as if to throw it, only to fire the dart instead.

Hitting the elemental, he is hopeful, and does his best to maintain their ruse. Over his shoulder he directs Irivis, "Get up, don't let them see weakness, and stay closer to the others."

Move, shift to N15
Standard, Sly Flourish on Elemental (thinking it still provides CA?) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 (+2 more with CA), damage 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14, and with CA 2d6 ⇒ (5, 2) = 7, and whether it saves or not it provides CA until EOMNT.
Minor, Majestic Word on Irivis, she gets Surge+4, and he slides her to R13.

I will post for Arno and Brinka in the next post.

1,001 to 1,050 of 4,508 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Aubrey's 4e Dark Sun campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.