Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Aubrey's 4e Dark Sun

Game Master Aubrey the Malformed


701 to 750 of 4,111 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>

Female Human Warlock 4 (Sorcerer King, Wildling) HP 46/46

"On we go again. And Jareen, I know you're awake, so do please tell us your story. It will help pass the time."

Irivis remains insistent.

Will, likewise. I have a real urge to use your Stormsworn and deeply loved your chivalrous mac nac feagles.


Male Human Wizard 4 HP: 21/39 Surges: 7{7} AC: 15 Action Points: 1

Jareen ignores Irivis through most of the day, tossing and turning, obviously not asleep when she is questioning, but feigning it badly. By twilight though, when it is obvious that the others are moving, and he will have to do likewise, he grunts, under his breath "Damned questioning women."

"I've fallen. Long and Hard, woman. Does that please you? My life before matters nothing to you. It is sufficient to say that have never needed to grub around in muck to find my next meal. But as they say, the truth will out and my natural talents, and love of lore put up the wrong backs. Now I am reduced to this: hiding, and grubbing."


Thanks guys. I'm proud of what I did, and thought I had a good shot, but that's the way voting can go... And Rosey, I appreciated your sentiments on the (lack of) a clear line between monsters and NPCs. They were well put and spot on.

Backtracking slightly: Calla decides, again, to follow Gorad's and Irivis' example, and she saves the scarce food and water for another need. Endurance: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15.

"The quicker we get moving the sooner we arrive. Jareen, you can tell us more on the road. What sort of lore, perhaps? And is it likely to get us all stoned to death, maybe?"


The group march on for several more hours through the dusk and into the night. Then, ahead, they see lights in the distance - the glow of lamps and the flicker of campfires. In the dim moonlight they make out the shape of a small-ish fortress, perhaps two miles distant along the road.


Male Half-Elf Bard/Rogue 4, Athasian Minstrel [AC 18, F 15, R 18, W 17; HP 11/41 0 temps (surges 8/8); Init +5; Spd 6; Passives - I 18, P 17]

Arakan scowls at the line of questioning, "Who do you all think you are that Jareen owes any of you an explanation? If the man has a past that he'd rather not delve into, you have no right to it. nly if his past is directly affecting us should it matter, and even then it is only in our own best interests and not necessarily his own on whether he tells us or not." to Jareen he adds, "If you don't want to talk about it, don't feel pressured by this lot. As long as you are able to pull your weight and I don't have to take care of your old behind, I don't care one whit about where you got your knowledge from." The conversation obviously striking a nerve with Arakan.

--------------

As they see the walls ahead, Arakan suggests, "We should find one person to speak for the group, someone that has a way with words. We don't need to be left out in the sand because some fool said the wrong thing. I'm just throwing that out there, seeing if it sounds reasonable to you all."


Female Human Warlock 4 (Sorcerer King, Wildling) HP 46/46

"It had better not be me then."

Irivis knows her own limitations.

"I can lie and lie well if I have to, but you've all seen how much I lack the gentle touch.

As for you, Jareen, I don't care what your past is. My own isn't that wonderful, but I was curious. It's your present that concerns me. We have to look out for each other out here or none of us will survive. And that means you will have to learn to scavenge and watch like the rest of us."


"I am a trader and the daughter of traders. I will speak for us, if there are no objections." Calla looks sideways at Arakan, unsure if he were subtly proposing himself, or genuinely seeking suggestions.


Perception checks, please.


M Mul Shaman 2 Elemental Priest

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14


Male Human Wizard 4 HP: 21/39 Surges: 7{7} AC: 15 Action Points: 1

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18


Male Half-Elf Bard/Rogue 4, Athasian Minstrel [AC 18, F 15, R 18, W 17; HP 11/41 0 temps (surges 8/8); Init +5; Spd 6; Passives - I 18, P 17]

Getting the response he was worried he would get from his suggestion, Arakan rolls his eyes, but doesn't argue. He's seen thus far that they seem to be more than willing to follow the woman, just because of her family name, more than any type of leadership she has shown.

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


Female Human Warlock 4 (Sorcerer King, Wildling) HP 46/46

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 - Perception.


Calla too, please.

RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 10.


The party make their way along the road towards the fort of Grak's Pool. A few hundred yards out, Arakan and Jareen pause, as if they heard something. Then the darts begin to whisper through the air.

Roll initiative. You are all surprised except for Arakan and Jareen.


Female Human Warlock 4 (Sorcerer King, Wildling) HP 46/46

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

"Why is nobody ever pleased to see us?"


Male Human Wizard 4 HP: 21/39 Surges: 7{7} AC: 15 Action Points: 1

Init: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10


Irivis is confused for a moment, thinking the shots are coming from the fort. Then she sees the tiny figures scurrying amid the boulders to the left and right of the road - silt runners. One raises its blowpipe to its mouth as she watches.

For the uninitiated, silt runners are small reptilian humanoids, very fast moving and sneaky. They are ambush hunters, living on the fringes of the deep desert. I'll get up a map tonight, hopefully.


M Mul Shaman 2 Elemental Priest

1d20 ⇒ 19init


Male Half-Elf Bard/Rogue 4, Athasian Minstrel [AC 18, F 15, R 18, W 17; HP 11/41 0 temps (surges 8/8); Init +5; Spd 6; Passives - I 18, P 17]

Init 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Arakan, true to form, sees only one good wy out of this. "Don't try to be a hero, make for the gate as fast as you can. They will either stop if we get too close, or have to face the Pool's defenders."


Female Human Warlock 4 (Sorcerer King, Wildling) HP 46/46

Irivis finds herself nodding.

"That is actually good advice. And I can't believe I'm saying that."


Calla?


Map.

Hopefully this is reasonably self-explanatory: dark pink is the road, light pink is general desert (no particular hindrance to movement), brown is boulders, dark green are cactus/shrub-things. Light green are the monsters. One thing that may not be obvious: south is at the top, north is at the bottom; that's because it is easier in google-docs to add rows to the bottom instead of the top of a spreadsheet. So, you are entering from the top, and the fort is at the bottom (eventually - it's not on there at the moment, and is about 200 yards away or 120 5' squares). You are on the road, in squares 1-10. Please place yourselves.

Initiatives: ragers 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
darters 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Initiative
Gorad 19 (surprised)
Arakan 14
Darters 10+
Jareen 10-
Ragers 7
Irivis 5 (surprised)
Calla ? (surprised)

Surprise round: single actions, starting with Arakan.


Male Human Wizard 4 HP: 21/39 Surges: 7{7} AC: 15 Action Points: 1

Jareen will take Q10


Male Half-Elf Bard/Rogue 4, Athasian Minstrel [AC 18, F 15, R 18, W 17; HP 11/41 0 temps (surges 8/8); Init +5; Spd 6; Passives - I 18, P 17]

Arakan will start at R5, moving to R11 as a move in the surprise round.


Female Human Warlock 4 (Sorcerer King, Wildling) HP 46/46

S8 please


Sorry. Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8. Calla will start at Q-7.

Calla, seeing the number of siltrunners in the rocks, also agrees with Arakan. "Get running. I'll stay at the back."


M Mul Shaman 2 Elemental Priest

Q8 please


OK, Gorad starts - single action in the surprise round.

Map updated.


Wait a minute - sorry, I got that wrong. It's not Gorad's go, it's Arakan's. Gorad is surprised this round. Apologies for the confusion.


M Mul Shaman 2 Elemental Priest

np deleted my post


Male Half-Elf Bard/Rogue 4, Athasian Minstrel [AC 18, F 15, R 18, W 17; HP 11/41 0 temps (surges 8/8); Init +5; Spd 6; Passives - I 18, P 17]

Arakan took his surprise round action last post. He would have started at R5 (preferring to be at the back of the group where he can scrutinize each of them) and then moved to R11 during the surprise.


Indeed, so he did.

The darts begin to come in in earnest now, smeared with paralytic toxin.

D1 targets Calla, D2 target Jareen, D3 targets Irivis and D4 targets Arakan.
D1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 V Fort; on a hit, target takes 2d10 + 3 ⇒ (10, 7) + 3 = 20 poison damage and the target is immobilised (save ends) with an aftereffect that the target is then slowed (save ends); on a miss, half damage and the target is slowed until the end of the darter's next turn
D2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 V Fort; on a hit, target takes 2d10 + 3 ⇒ (8, 5) + 3 = 16 poison damage and the target is immobilised (save ends) with an aftereffect that the target is then slowed (save ends); on a miss, half damage and the target is slowed until the end of the darter's next turn
D3: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 V Fort; on a hit, target takes 2d10 + 3 ⇒ (4, 6) + 3 = 13 poison damage and the target is immobilised (save ends) with an aftereffect that the target is then slowed (save ends); on a miss, half damage and the target is slowed until the end of the darter's next turn
D4: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 V Fort; on a hit, target takes 2d10 + 3 ⇒ (10, 2) + 3 = 15 poison damage and the target is immobilised (save ends) with an aftereffect that the target is then slowed (save ends); on a miss, half damage and the target is slowed until the end of the darter's next turn

Jareen.

For reference, immobilised does what it says on the tin: you can't move (but you aren't paralysed, can still fight and don't offer combat advantage). Slowed means you movement rate drops to 2.

Map.


Male Half-Elf Bard/Rogue 4, Athasian Minstrel [AC 18, F 15, R 18, W 17; HP 11/41 0 temps (surges 8/8); Init +5; Spd 6; Passives - I 18, P 17]

Ouch, and I'm bloodied


Female Human Warlock 4 (Sorcerer King, Wildling) HP 46/46

Irivis' already slow steps grind to a halt.

"So much for running."


Male Human Wizard 4 HP: 21/39 Surges: 7{7} AC: 15 Action Points: 1

That's also a hit, down to 11HP

Jareen throws out his hand, and casts a spell at the little runt that just shot him.

Cast Grasping shadows at D2, Atk: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 vs will, 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 psycic damage, and slowed until the end of my next turn.(Area 1 burst, centered on D2 if that matters....)


Jareen's spell hits its mark, and dark forms hinder the little reptilian horror.

The other siltrunners, these ones carrying spears, run to attack. One plants its spear in Irivis' midriff.

Ragers 1 to 3 charge Jareen, Calla and Irivis respectively, while R4 double-moves closer.
R1: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 1 = 10 v AC to hit, damage 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (5, 3) + 5 = 13
R2: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 1 = 11 v AC to hit, damage 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (3, 6) + 5 = 14
R3: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 1 = 27 v AC to hit, damage 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (4, 5) + 5 = 14

EDIT: Ouch, crit on Irivis, maximum damage of 17. Per her profile, that's her on exactly 0hp.

Initiative
Gorad 19
Arakan 14 (immobilised)
Darters 10+ (D2 slowed)
Jareen 10- (immobilised)
Calla 8 (slowed)
Ragers 7
Irivis 5 (immobilised, dying)

Map updated.

New round, full actions. Gorad.


Female Human Warlock 4 (Sorcerer King, Wildling) HP 46/46

Irivis has no time to react before a spear punches into her and she drops.


M Mul Shaman 2 Elemental Priest

Gorad summons Sandswimmer to R9 and calls healing spirits to aid Irivis. Irivis can spend healing surge +8 hps and Jareen gains 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 hps as well downgrading my move to a minor so I can heal

Gorad uses claws of the eagle on Calla call gains melee basic attack against adjacent foe if hits enemy grants combat adv until end of next turm


Calla feels a burst of energy from Gorad's blessing, and strikes at a nearby siltrunner with her spear. Attack on R2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17; damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2.


Healing energy pours into Irivis, reviving her, and the backwash also improves Jareen disposition somewhat. The inspiration gives Calla the heart to strike her nearest foe a glancing blow with her spear.

Initiative
Gorad 19
Arakan 14 (immobilised)
Darters 10+ (D2 slowed)
Jareen 10- (immobilised)
Calla 8 (slowed)
Ragers 7 (R2 grants combat advantage)
Irivis 5 (immobilised, prone)

Arakan.


Female Human Warlock 4 (Sorcerer King, Wildling) HP 46/46

Irivis comes to herself with her nose full of sand and looks gratefully at Gorad.

Thanks!
On 15 (bloodied value)


Male Human Wizard 4 HP: 21/39 Surges: 7{7} AC: 15 Action Points: 1

Jareen straightens a little with renewed vigor, and looks terrified of facing these things unarmed.....

Thanks Gorad!


Male Half-Elf Bard/Rogue 4, Athasian Minstrel [AC 18, F 15, R 18, W 17; HP 11/41 0 temps (surges 8/8); Init +5; Spd 6; Passives - I 18, P 17]

Arakan recognizes the feel of toxins rushing through his body, stopping him from moving his legs. He draws one of his thorn daggers, only one left after this one, whistles a quick shrill sound. With the missle in hand he throws it at the silt runner distracted by Calla's swing, its attention drawn by his whistle. The creature turns to look just as a thorn pierces its scaly flesh. Giving himself a bit of a pep talk he regains his composure enough to huddle up with the rest of the group, "C'mon, you know these poisons, just get your legs to move a little, that's all." and he is heartened by being able to force himself to take a step back. It isn't enough to purge it from his system, however, and the movement only encourages its circulation.

Minor draw thorn
Standard, Sly Flourish on R2 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 2 = 25 vs AC, damage 1d4 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 and sneak attack 2d6 ⇒ (2, 5) = 7
Minor, Majestic Word on self, surge+4 and slide to R10.
Save vs Immob 1d20 ⇒ 4


Initiative
Gorad 19
Arakan 14 (immobilised s/e)
Darters 10+ (D2 slowed)
Jareen 10- (immobilised s/e)
Calla 8
Ragers 7 (R2 grants combat advantage and is bloodied)
Irivis 5 (immobilised s/e, prone)

Arakan hurls his dagger and it sticks the siltrunner as it is momentarily distracted. Its blood flows across its scaly skin in a crimson slick. But the runners with the blowpipes continue their covering fire, one breaking cover to get a better range.

D1 attacks Gorad, D2 Jareen, D3 and D4 Arakan.
D1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 v AC to hit, 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 damage
D2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 v AC to hit, 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 damage
D3: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 v AC to hit, 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 damage
D4: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 v AC to hit, 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 damage

Ouch! Crit on Gorad - max damage of 14.

One thing that I should probably mention (but didn't, as I didn't notice until just now) - the ragers' spears give then reach 2. However, in a specific change from 3e, you still need to be adjacent to them to provoke an AoO through moving or making a ranged attack unless a creature has "threatening reach" - which these don't.

Jareen.

Map updated.


Jareen.


"I don't think outrunning them is going to happen. I'll try and distract these brutes in close. Jareen, Irivis - can you focus on the blow darters? Try and take them down one by one."


Female Human Warlock 4 (Sorcerer King, Wildling) HP 46/46

Irivis nods grimly, still too breathless to speak.


Male Human Wizard 4 HP: 21/39 Surges: 7{7} AC: 15 Action Points: 1

Jareen steps away from his attacker (to R11) and thros a ball of force at it. Magic Missile, dealing 6 force damage to R1.


Anything else you want to do? By my calculations you have only 1hp.

701 to 750 of 4,111 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Aubrey's 4e Dark Sun campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.