Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Aubrey's 4e Dark Sun

Game Master Aubrey the Malformed


651 to 700 of 4,035 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

Calla tries not to get in the way, and wishes she had spent more time with Uncle Koryk, learning how to dissect misbegotten desert monsters. Nature: 1d20 ⇒ 5


Male Human Wizard 4 HP: 21/39 Surges: 7{7} AC: 15 Action Points: 1

Jareen looks at the others, aghast. "Eat it? You can't be...." then as Arkan starts to dismember the beast, turns and runs. A few moments later, the sound of an older man being sick echo down the valley.


Jareen clearly prefers to get his meat shrink-wrapped from Tesco.


M Mul Shaman 2 Elemental Priest

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30 Gorad begins working on the carcass with Irvis's aid. Yahtzee, 6 days of rations and the brain!


Make that seven survival days, since Irivis got a 20 too.

Gorad efficiently butchers the id fiend's carcass, bleeding it first before carving out the most energy-packed parts of its body - it's heart, liver and other internal organs. He also carefully removes it brain as a prize, carefully slicing it to aid its drying. After Jareen throws up a second time, the party are ready to move on again.

After walking in the dim moonlight for an hour, amid scattered boulders thrown up by the explosion, they eventually reach the road and turn north for Grak's Pool.


Female Human Warlock 4 (Sorcerer King, Wildling) HP 46/46

Irivis looks curiously at Jareen.

"How did you think we would find food? If you can conjure it, now would be a good time to say so."


"Grak's Pool. Might not be very ... hospitable ... if we arrive weak and starving with nothing to trade. I don't know what we can do, other than beg and hope."

She walks on.

"Better ideas?"


Female Human Warlock 4 (Sorcerer King, Wildling) HP 46/46

"Trade the brain."


Gorad - The Man with Two Brains.


The group trudge down the road in the dark, around the odd fallen rock blocking their way, heading slowly north. A fine rain of grit is now falling from the sky, making progress uncomfortable and the way ahead difficult to see. The road itself is an elevated trackway, running along to the east of the hills and the estuary beyond, following an embankment no doubt dug out by slave labour millennia ago. Eventually the sun begins to rise, hazy and crimson, partly occluded by clouds of dust high in the sky.

OK, sun-up. Finding shelter? Also, you need to consume a survival day each or tough it out with some skill checks.


Male Half-Elf Bard/Rogue 4, Athasian Minstrel [AC 18, F 15, R 18, W 17; HP 41/41 0 temps (surges 8/8); Init +5; Spd 6; Passives - I 18, P 17]
Irivis wrote:
"Trade the brain."

Arakan smirks at her reply, "I know you're eager to be rid of me, my dear, but you can't just trade me off."

As they walk, Arakan uses what he knows to try and rustle up something to help get by on the road. If they can manage to make it without using the Id fiend meat, they could use it for bartered goods.

Nature 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11, either just makes it, or just misses it depending on the modifiers to DC's for terrain.


Female Human Warlock 4 (Sorcerer King, Wildling) HP 46/46

"What makes you think they'd want you?" mutters Irivis savagely and not quite under her breath.

Keeping her temper (just), she looks for possible supplies in the unforgiving landscape.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 - Nature


M Mul Shaman 2 Elemental Priest

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22 percp to see if any suitable shelter
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12 nature to look for anythign edible


Calla blushes at the obviousness of Irivis' reply. "Don't think my heads working", she mumbles.

Derp.


As the sun rises, Gorad finds a nearby cave in which to shelter. But the area here is barren, and the group cannot find any suitable forage.

Sorry, didn't find anything - you will have to use those survival days or suffer the consequences.

RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Huddling in the scant shade of Gorad's cave, Calla quickly falls asleep.


M Mul Shaman 2 Elemental Priest

I would rather go into the town strong, I will use my survival day for today
"Tomorrow has no guarantees, we need to be strong today..." Gorad sits down to enjoy his Id Fiend Liver while keeping watch over the others.


Anyone else?


Female Human Warlock 4 (Sorcerer King, Wildling) HP 46/46

Irivis eats, hoping that Garok's Pool may have more chances for scavanging.


Calla follows the lead of Irivis and Gorad; they are the more experienced survivors. She chews bitter strips of slightly dried id-fiend flesh. She chokes it down.


Male Human Wizard 4 HP: 21/39 Surges: 7{7} AC: 15 Action Points: 1

Jareen looks at the others in disgust, but the effort of the last day is taking it's toll. He takes some of the meat, and chews it cautiously, forcing it down, whilst trying to to remember where it came from.


Male Half-Elf Bard/Rogue 4, Athasian Minstrel [AC 18, F 15, R 18, W 17; HP 41/41 0 temps (surges 8/8); Init +5; Spd 6; Passives - I 18, P 17]

Arakan eats in silence before heading off to sleep, reminding everyone about the agreed upon method of watch they had discussed before.


Hmm, not sure I remember either, but anyway...

The day passes uneventfully. The sky is filled with roiling cloud, and from time to time there are flashes of lightning and groans of thunder, but no moisture hits the ground and it remains oppressively hot. The sun peers through the occasional gap, even more wan than usual. There is no movement on the road, which can be seen a hundred yards or so away from the group's vantage point in the cave, all day.

OK, time to get a move on again.


Calla is already on her feet, impatient to move again as soon as possible. "If we hurry it might only be one more march to Grak's."


Female Human Warlock 4 (Sorcerer King, Wildling) HP 46/46

Irivis clambers to her feet and grimaces slightly.

"Let's hope we don't have to kill another Id fiend to survive. That thing is sitting heavy on my stomach."


The group marches on through the night. The sky is still occluded so the night is dark, but nevertheless with the firmness of the road underfoot it is impossible to become lost. The exercise of walking helps fend off the cold, and the group make good progress. But, to Calla's disappointment, by the end of the night they have not reached Grak's Pool. But at least they weren't attacked by some deadly desert beast.

OK, sun is rising: what to do next? Also, again need to take a survival day or suffer.


"Gorad, do you see anything we could hunt, or gather? Any hidden water?" If Gorad cannot find anything, Calla will suggest that Irivis and Jareen, as the weakest travelers, share the remaining food. Two survival days left IIRC? Not necessarily expecting Arakan in particular to go along with this plan.


Female Human Warlock 4 (Sorcerer King, Wildling) HP 46/46

"Let's look before we panic."

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 - Perception
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 - Nature
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23 - Endurance
Aid another might make both the Perception and Nature checks viable ... dunno.

For all her apparant fragility, Irivis has good reserves of strength.

Don't know if the Endurance roll is any use, but if it is, Irivis can possibly minimise the damage to herself from no food better than some.


Male Half-Elf Bard/Rogue 4, Athasian Minstrel [AC 18, F 15, R 18, W 17; HP 41/41 0 temps (surges 8/8); Init +5; Spd 6; Passives - I 18, P 17]

Arakan, his mind elsewhere, periodically tries to point out anything he thinks may help to Irivis. His distraction is too much, as his assistance is less than useful.

Nature 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


M Mul Shaman 2 Elemental Priest

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12Nature
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11Perception
Gorad seeing that Irivis knows her way around the desert attempts to aid her


Irivis finds a cactus bearing nectar-rich flowers. Not normal fare, but enough to keep someone going in the desert once the thorns are negotiated. She also finds a rocky overhang under which the group can shelter from the sun. The others are not so lucky, and find nothing useful.

OK, that's one more survival day. You need to decide who, if anyone, is going to use the survival days. The ones who don't take a survival day will have to make some skill checks to avoid the penalties.

Also, are you resting up in the day as usual?


M Mul Shaman 2 Elemental Priest

Gorad looks sullenly at the fruit but realizes he needs it less than some of the others. Endurance check to keep going yes resting in the day please 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24


Female Human Warlock 4 (Sorcerer King, Wildling) HP 46/46

"I'll live. Jareen or Calla had better have this."

Irivis hands over the cactus.

She's got decent Endurance. Yes to resting over the day.


OK, those not taking a survival day can make an Endurance check - Irivis and Gorad already have, and have made the DC. I think there are three survival days left, so anyone else can take one and be OK for today.

Holed up under their overhang, the adventurers - for that is now surely what they are (even Arakan) - keep watch on the trail or doze. At about midday, Arakan spies a group of riders heading south along the road, numbering about ten. Mounted on kanks and crodlus, they move quickly and with purpose.


Male Human Wizard 4 HP: 21/39 Surges: 7{7} AC: 15 Action Points: 1

Jareen will take one of the survival days, and get some sleep. HE wont offer to help watch unless some points out that he isn't doing much ;)


A right bunch, you lot are. ;-)

By the way, for those unacquainted - a kank is a giant beetle-y insect which can be ridden as a mount.

Cheliax

Wintergreen's CE PA IT Geek 10/Daddy 6/Physicist 3/Cartographer 1/Runner 1

Yeah, Jareen is going to need a couple of kicks to work out his *actual* place in the world, now bears no resemblance to his view of his place in the world.....He's getting there slowly :)


Female Human Warlock 4 (Sorcerer King, Wildling) HP 46/46

"Kank. Not great eating. Unless you like chitin."

Irivis watches the approaching riders.

"Were they on their way from Grak's Pool do you think? Worth trying to intercept them?"

At some point during the day:

Noting Jareen's calm acceptance that watch duty is someone else's problem, Irivis wanders over.

"Alright, Mr "I-know-about-Arcane-Magic-with-Mightiness-beyond-your-puny-comprehension". Time to tell your story and pull your weight. It's a long day. I'm sure we can all use the distraction."


Strictly speaking, they haven't disappeared yet. They are still approaching.


Female Human Warlock 4 (Sorcerer King, Wildling) HP 46/46

Amended above.


Male Half-Elf Bard/Rogue 4, Athasian Minstrel [AC 18, F 15, R 18, W 17; HP 41/41 0 temps (surges 8/8); Init +5; Spd 6; Passives - I 18, P 17]

Arakan, not out of concern for the others, suggests "I would recommend we all attempt to stave off our hunger, while we are stronger and better able. Save our easy supplies for when they are absolutely necessary."

Endurance 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

As the riders pass, Arakan tries to keep low and out of sight, just observing them. "I think they are headed to the explosion, we have no way of knowing where they originated without any markings."

Stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 to not be seen (of course)
Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 to look for markings
History 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 to recognize any markings if seen


They don't seem to have any markings. Your stealth check is enough to keep the party hidden if it wishes to remain that way.


Male Half-Elf Bard/Rogue 4, Athasian Minstrel [AC 18, F 15, R 18, W 17; HP 41/41 0 temps (surges 8/8); Init +5; Spd 6; Passives - I 18, P 17]

"I see no obvious affiliation, they could be anything from a friendly unmarked merchant house to band of slave takers. I say we keep to ourselves until we can get to the 'safety' of the pool." He whispers, trying to ensure that the others keep still and quiet.


M Mul Shaman 2 Elemental Priest

Gorad nods at Arakan whispering "Agree too many to take a chance"


The riders move on, down the road and out of sight to the south.


M Mul Shaman 2 Elemental Priest

Once it is clear they are gone Gorad calls to Sandswimmer and begins to commune with the spirit. speak with spirits +5 to next skill check

"Help me find food"
1d20 + 10 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 10 + 5 = 28 nature to look for food


The spirits lead Gorad to a tiny crack in the rock, surrounded by some bushes that are greener than most. Within runs a tiny stream of water, with which he can fill his waterskin.

Three more survival days.


Female Human Warlock 4 (Sorcerer King, Wildling) HP 46/46

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 - Nature (food hunting)

More concerned with Jareen for the moment, Irivis is no help at all on the food finding expedition.


M Mul Shaman 2 Elemental Priest

Gorad rejoins the group with his new found rations up to 5 survival days now for the group


The harsh day turns to a gloomy twilight.

If you are done resting...

Oh, and Will, sorry you didn't make it through to the top 8, but a good efort nevertheless.

651 to 700 of 4,035 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Aubrey's 4e Dark Sun campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.