Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Aubrey's 4e Dark Sun

Game Master Aubrey the Malformed


551 to 600 of 4,035 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

Calla the Quick wrote:
EDIT: Dang, should have just looked for them, but decided to aid another before I saw the rolls.

Meh, don't worry, you've found them.

Calla finds the unconscious bodies of Gorad and Arakan.


Arakan wrote:
Aubrey, when do you want Gorad and I to make our Death saves?

After you've had an unsuccessful Heal attempt - like that one.

Can I suggest you try and Aid each other on the Heal checks - choose the best roll and then use the others as aid?


Male Human Wizard 4 HP: 21/39 Surges: 7{7} AC: 15 Action Points: 1

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Heal1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Heal2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Please distribute as necessary!


Female Human Warlock 4 (Sorcerer King, Wildling) HP 46/46

1d20 ⇒ 16 - Heal

If we use your 15 and Irivis's 16 we can get both of them back.

Irivis tries again and triumphantly finds a pulse.

"You don't escape that easily, Arakan. Sorry to tell you this, but you're back among us."


OK, that's both of the stabilised. I'm not going to inflict death saving throw ticks on anyone since I tried my best to kill you with a meteorite. Also, Arakan and Gorad can just redover to 0hp and use their healing surges to get back their hit points.

Gorad and Arakan are dragged out of the rubble. Irivis revives Arakan with a few slaps to the face while Gorad wakes to find Jareen's face hovering over him.

OK, that's the end of your ordeal.


Female Human Warlock 4 (Sorcerer King, Wildling) HP 46/46

Did we get an extended rest of was that disrupted by the meterorite?


You all had your extended rest, just before I blew you all up.

Bear in mind it is still dark - dawn is in a few hours.


M Mul Shaman 2 Elemental Priest

Gorad spends 3 additional healing surges to recover from the damages.

7/11 surges


Male Half-Elf Bard/Rogue 4, Athasian Minstrel [AC 18, F 15, R 18, W 17; HP 41/41 0 temps (surges 8/8); Init +5; Spd 6; Passives - I 18, P 17]

Gorad, don't forget that as a Shaman each time you use your healing spirit, an ally adjacent to your spirit gets healing (surge free). Then you just need a short rest, and can use it again. Unless pressed for time, I would always suggest using your encounter power to heal, then short resting and using it again, rinse repeat until all is good.

Arakan sits up and rubs his temple where the last rock struck, whispering soothing words until the pain goes away. Then he does the same for his leg and shoulder. Sitting there he looks at Irivis, and find his old voice "Escape? Don't act like you helped me out to punish me, you know full well you did it because you can't imagine going a day without me." He smirks, as he slowly gets to his feet.

Arakan uses his Majestic word, short rest, uses it again, short rest again.


Female Human Warlock 4 (Sorcerer King, Wildling) HP 46/46

"I helped you out because you are occasionally useful."

Irivis's tone is crisp.

3 surges to reach full - 2 if Gorad does his funky surge useage.


OK, what now?


M Mul Shaman 2 Elemental Priest

if we have plenty of time to rest, I will definitely do that, I just wasn't sure we have been moving pretty fast on to the pool or check out the meteor strike? my vote is for the pool


Male Human Wizard 4 HP: 21/39 Surges: 7{7} AC: 15 Action Points: 1

"Now we are all whole, I suggest we keep moving until daylight, then hole up and sleep through the heat. We need to get to the resources of that pool. I can create a light to help ensure we do not fall into a crevasse."


Female Human Warlock 4 (Sorcerer King, Wildling) HP 46/46

"Let's get moving."

Irivis tries to get the meteroite out of her mind and fails.

"What was that thing? It looked as if it landed on or at least near our unlovely holding pen."


M Mul Shaman 2 Elemental Priest

"I hope it took out those damn Elf look alikes..."


Male Human Wizard 4 HP: 21/39 Surges: 7{7} AC: 15 Action Points: 1

"A rock from the sky, it seems too coincidental that all of that energy directed at the sky didn't bring it down."


Male Half-Elf Bard/Rogue 4, Athasian Minstrel [AC 18, F 15, R 18, W 17; HP 41/41 0 temps (surges 8/8); Init +5; Spd 6; Passives - I 18, P 17]

Arakan seems to be in agreement with most of the sentiment, "I would like to investigate that thing, but I'm sure it got no small amount of attention, and we won't be the only ones checking it out. It's in our best interests to continue on to the pool."


Onward to Grak's Pool, then?


Female Human Warlock 4 (Sorcerer King, Wildling) HP 46/46

Yes.


M Mul Shaman 2 Elemental Priest

onward to the pool


Calla finds herself agreeing with Arakan. "We're even less likely to find survivors and supplies back at the tower now. Nothing for it but to press on."

Her thoughts take a melancholy turn as the group waits for first light and prepares to move on again.

At least it's a fitting pyre and monument for my dead.


Female Human Warlock 4 (Sorcerer King, Wildling) HP 46/46
Gorad Bender wrote:
"I hope it took out those damn Elf look alikes..."

"I think it took out anyone near it."

Irivis casts a thoughtful look at Calla, before hobbling closer to the younger woman.

"It isn't much comfort, but the end will have been very quick."


M Mul Shaman 2 Elemental Priest

Glancing in panic at Irivis "I'm sorry Calla, I was being insensitive. Your family would have rather had that fate than the other that was awaiting them."


Male Human Wizard 4 HP: 21/39 Surges: 7{7} AC: 15 Action Points: 1

Jareen, looks confusedly at Gorad, never subtle, or sensitive he says bluntly "You think that meteor wasn't the 'other fate'? Prey tell, what else do you think that ritual was designed for?"


M Mul Shaman 2 Elemental Priest

"I would not expect that no way the pale ones make it through the strike if they were close enough for the ritual" Gorad stares at Jareen "Although I admit no knowledge of such defiling arts, so I may be niave in regareds to such things, which clearly you are not."


The group pick their way down the escarpment towards the road, with light provided by Jareen's spell. There are skitterings and the glimpse of eyes glowing with reflected radiance. Most are tiny creatures of the night - no threat - but some are larger animals disturbed by the crashing meteor. The group head down a steep defile, a wrinkle in the steep rock slope. The flickering gaze of potential predators begins to make everyone jumpy, the deeper shadows become possible sources of ambush, and the clatter of a rock skipping down the trail could be a monster preparing to leap.

Arcana or Insight, DC 20:

Spoiler:
These bad feelings seem to be more extraneous than natural, perhaps an insidious psionic influence.


Male Human Wizard 4 HP: 21/39 Surges: 7{7} AC: 15 Action Points: 1

Jareen turns from Gorad, his only answer, to cast a light for the group to see by.

Arcana: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Insight: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

"Does the atmosphere seem odd? I am imagining shadows that are not there."


Female Human Warlock 4 (Sorcerer King, Wildling) HP 46/46

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 - Arcana

Irivis remains oblivious.


Male Half-Elf Bard/Rogue 4, Athasian Minstrel [AC 18, F 15, R 18, W 17; HP 41/41 0 temps (surges 8/8); Init +5; Spd 6; Passives - I 18, P 17]

Arcana: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Insight: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Arakan tries to act casual as he scans the area around, quietly adding "I don't think you are imagining them, this does not feel like a natural sense of foreboding. There may be a chance something is targeting us mentally."

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 if I can see anything (low-light)

Knowledge checks to see if I can think of anyone/thing that could be doing it.
Arcana: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Aubrey:
Sorry, but knowing DS so well, I worry that I may not be acting IC. Since DS is so psionic I imagine it's safe to assume that if we feel outside influence, there is some. As soon as I made the roll, I automatically thought of both the Id Fiend and the Gaj


Insight: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Calla's mind is still turning over loss and regret, and she is grateful for the comfort provided by Irivis and Gorad. She smiles her thanks, and stays close to them as the group makes it's slow way towards the road.

She notices nothing before Jareen and Arakan give warning. "What is it? Are we being followed?"


M Mul Shaman 2 Elemental Priest

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10Insight

Gorad continues on oblivious.
At Calla's words he becomes alert

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12perception reg vision


Arakan:

Spoiler:
No worries, I added the spoiler to provide warning. The nature of the threat will be clear very soon.

Perception checks (Arakan and Gorad have already tried) DC 15:

Spoiler:
You spot a low-slung dark shape, like a giant lizard, on a ledge above the trail. In the light from Jareen's cantrip you can make out its knobbly olive-green hide and mouth full of sharp teeth. Its flinty eyes show an alien intelligence.

If you made the Perception check, you are not surprised and may also try the following Nature of Dungeoneering check (again, Arakan has already tried), DC 15:

Spoiler:
It is an id fiend, a psionic predator that uses its prey's own fears against them.

Roll initiative, please.


Male Half-Elf Bard/Rogue 4, Athasian Minstrel [AC 18, F 15, R 18, W 17; HP 41/41 0 temps (surges 8/8); Init +5; Spd 6; Passives - I 18, P 17]

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Arakan shudders at the sight, thinking to himself that this particular creature could really be bad for him "Oh no, an Id Fiend, just as I had feared... coincidentally. This thing will use our fears against us."


Female Human Warlock 4 (Sorcerer King, Wildling) HP 46/46

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 - perception
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2 - init

"Not good. Over there."

Irivis fights to control her rising panic.


M Mul Shaman 2 Elemental Priest

1d20 ⇒ 20init


Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 5.

Calla is surprised, half turned back to ask Irivis what she sees.


If fiend 1d20 ⇒ 14

Gorad 20
Id fiend 14
Arakan 12
Calla 5
Irivis 2

Jareen?

Map to come.


Aubrey, that was a late perception roll. Calla's init roll is: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6. Note that Calla still gets to use her speed of thought power even when surprised. EDIT - well that really wasn't worth a re-roll!

Calla turns to Gorad, Wh - what under the stars is an 'id fiend'? I've never even heard of one. What do we do, fight or run?"


Female Human Warlock 4 (Sorcerer King, Wildling) HP 46/46
Calla the Quick wrote:

Perception: 1d20.

Calla is surprised, half turned back to ask Irivis what she sees.

"Big lizardy thing."


Calla the Quick wrote:
Aubrey, that was a late perception roll. Calla's init roll is: 1d20+3. Note that Calla still gets to use her speed of thought power even when surprised. EDIT - well that really wasn't worth a re-roll!

My apologies: revised initiative table:

Gorad 20
Id fiend 14
Arakan 12
Calla 6
Irivis 2


Much better, thanks.

"Ah," Calla nods wisely at Irivis, trying not to show just how much she feels out of her depth.


M Mul Shaman 2 Elemental Priest

Not sure if you are waiting on me I was waiting on a map, but to move my round along! Gorad will be near Calla since they were talking.

Gorad summons Sandswimmer next to the Id fiend who quickly attacks.
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 vs Fort Spirit Cascade (daily)
2d10 + 5 ⇒ (7, 1) + 5 = 13
Effect: the first time any ally hits an enemy adjacent to your spirit companion, the attack deals 1d6 extra damage to that enemy. The second time any ally hits the enemy adj to your spirit companion the attack deals 2d6 extra dmg, the third time 3d6 extra dmg. The effect ends after the third attack hits or at the end of the encounter

woot crit! 25 dmg


Female Human Warlock 4 (Sorcerer King, Wildling) HP 46/46

Great time to roll one :)


The id fiend snarls as Sandswimmer savages it.

Sorry for being a bit slow with the map. I had to write a big report today (now completed) and am suffering from man flu. It's hurting my brain a bit trying to work out the map, so I'm afraid I'm going to leave it to tomorrow.


OK, my catarrh-addled mind has found a solution. Map.

Alright, the situation is maybe a bit more complicated than it immediately looks from the map, so I shall explain. You are travelling down a trail which heads down a steep slope. The trail is darker orange line down the middle of the map - the higher end is at the top, the lower at the bottom, and the gradient is about one in three. It lies in a dip or crease in the rock, so the sides of the trail also slope up at a similar gradient - the trail is at the low point, and then it slopes up to both left and right from there. Effectively, its a small, downward-sloping gorge. As a consequence, the id fiend is above the trail, up the slope to the side of the trail.

Moving up and down the trail counts as normal movement. However, if you want to run or charge on the trail, you will need a DC 10 Acrobatics check or you will fall prone. However, the walls are tricky, and you will need to make a DC 10 Athletics check and suffer all of the difficulties involved in climbing per the PHB. If you fall, you will slide back down to the trail and end up prone, but won't take damage. The cacti are nasty and spiny and falling on one will hurt.

You are currently travelling from the top of the map to the bottom. Please place yourselves. You will be on the trail, somewhere between rows 1 and 8.

Just to remind you, I'm on holiday from tomorrow.


Female Human Warlock 4 (Sorcerer King, Wildling) HP 46/46

J1 please.


Male Half-Elf Bard/Rogue 4, Athasian Minstrel [AC 18, F 15, R 18, W 17; HP 41/41 0 temps (surges 8/8); Init +5; Spd 6; Passives - I 18, P 17]

K2, Arakan would like to walk at the back, but he knows Irivis won't let him for her feeling of needing to keep an eye on him. ;)


Female Human Warlock 4 (Sorcerer King, Wildling) HP 46/46

@Arakan - so true :)


J-5 for Calla please.


M Mul Shaman 2 Elemental Priest

J6 please

551 to 600 of 4,035 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Aubrey's 4e Dark Sun campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.