Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Ashardaldon Series - Unoptimized KK

Game Master Freddy Honeycutt

Hapless heroes fall into place, do these broken souls have the will to become heroes?


401 to 450 of 3,619 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Male Halfling Paladin-2/ Rogue(investigator)-2/Inquistor-2
Kenderkin wrote:

Goblin initiative

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Can you beat that?

Probably not, but I'll try. I'm thankful the naturaly 20 was the initiative check hehe.

Init:1d20 ⇒ 17


Not in Use

Redundant Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22


Male Orc Oracle of Flame 4 /Fire Blood Sorcerer 1 Hps 51/58 AC 18 FF 17 T 11 (15 incorporeal) CMD 17 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +6

I have no shot at beating that initiative


HP 53 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,

Meh, what's to beat? They opened their yaps, threw their load and didn't even hit the broadside of me?

As the Goblins make themselves known and start harassing the party, Xane looks down at the floor for something of descent size to throw back.

Not even bothered to try and match it. Xane will take ten and get a reply ready of her own. ;)


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

The goblins relatively safe behind their wall with javelins to spare start round one by throwing more javelins!

"Almosts more foodses."

"Youses cookses better than you killses!"

Attack 1 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 @Leader
damage 1d6 ⇒ 4

Attack 2 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 @second in line
damage 1d6 ⇒ 5


Not in Use

Thedrin sets his jaw and barrels down the hallway toward the goblins, lithely stepping around the caltrops.

Caltrop attack: 1d20 ⇒ 2

He draws up to the wall, vaulting over it into the face of one of the goblins.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30


HP 53 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,

Round 1:

Xane spends a small amount of time crouching down and picking up a good hunk sized piece of rubble.

Sorry, are we still in Round 1? Or moving to Round 2? *Bows*


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

This is round 1

Thedrin needs a second attack roll from the caltrops!
1d20 ⇒ 16

Spoiler:

Way I read the caltrops is base attack at +0 for each 5 foot-area the caltrops are spread in and you walk through, this is 10 feet thus 2 attack rolls.

Thedrin takes a point of damage and will have his movement reduced, though he still gets himself over the wall and facing the goblins.


Male Orc Oracle of Flame 4 /Fire Blood Sorcerer 1 Hps 51/58 AC 18 FF 17 T 11 (15 incorporeal) CMD 17 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +6

As soon as one of the goblins is in view I will zap it with a Ray of Fire

Ray of Fire Spell Ranged Touch 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Not in Use

Preparing to feel pain from his foot, Thedrin pauses a moment to think.

Kenderkin - the equipment entry only says that 'armor, shield and deflection' bonuses to AC are ignored. So I should still get my Dex, Wis and Size bonus? - which would make my AC 18 and the caltrop miss?


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

My mis-calculation you feel one of the sharp prongs slip swiftly in and out between your toes! ;0

Xane should be able to lob a chunk of stone this round also!


Male Halfling Paladin-2/ Rogue(investigator)-2/Inquistor-2

Sir Respen Bayleef with grant Thedrin to pass by him and pull out his sling and fire at the goblin as he peeks his head out.

Sling attack:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Damage:1d3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Kenderkin left you a message in the ooc thread.


HP 53 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,

Round 2

Att Roll:1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 6 - 4 = 4

Dam Roll:1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Xane frowns as her rock chunks into the Goblin's wall.

"Gotta work on my aim..." She mutters even as she stoops to pick up another.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

The wall is certainly giving you problems and giving the goblins 3/4 cover except from Thedrin.....

The appearance of whom the gobbies did not expect, so they are trying to get out melee weapons this round....

Anyone headed to engage in melee needs to roll 2 attack rolls for the caltrops (against themselves!)

Respen
Message received...


Not in Use

Much more aggressive than you last saw him, or what you can see of him over the wall, Thedrin unloads on the closest goblin. He eye gouges the goblin with his right hand following up with a leg sweep.

Flurry of Maneuvers - Dirty Trick to blind, followed by Trip:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 then 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Which should result in the goblin clutching at his momentarily sightless eyes whilst writhing on the deck. blind condition lasts one round, unless I beat the CMD by 5, in which case it lasts two


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

You watch as thedrin takes it to the goblin using his head like a speed bag and goging the creature in the eye right as he performs a neck throw slamming the goblin into the floor and out of sight.....

Berry cries about her dress......"Stupid goblins."

The rest of you are up!


HP 53 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,

Round 2

Att Roll:1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 6 - 4 = 13

Dam Roll:1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

"Huh...who'd have thought a rock could drift to the left..." Xane mutters as again her missile fails to find a mark. A slow, cunning smile comes over her features.

Next round, slight change of tactics... >:)


Male Halfling Paladin-2/ Rogue(investigator)-2/Inquistor-2

Sir Respen will drop his sling and charge in on the goblins with Thedrin, and as he charges he draws his cane sword.

Cane sword slash on blind goblin:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Damage:1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
sneak attack:1d6 ⇒ 3
Caltrop attack?:1d20 ⇒ 10


Male Orc Oracle of Flame 4 /Fire Blood Sorcerer 1 Hps 51/58 AC 18 FF 17 T 11 (15 incorporeal) CMD 17 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +6

Zap Again

Fire Ray Ranged Touch 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

I think something broke


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Respens second caltrop attack...
1d20 ⇒ 15

Respen gets through the first five feet of caltrops before one sinks into his foot causing him to stop short of the obstacle....

The last goblin chunks a javelin at Xane
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

damage 1d6 ⇒ 4

You are up again!


Not in Use

Seeing the first creature drop, Thedrin moves to the second and seeks to repeat the medicine. A sucker punch to the gut, followed by a kidney punch.

Flurry of Maneuvers - Dirty Trick to sicken, followed by Dirty Trick to inflict shaken:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 then 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Thedrin pounds on the second goblin.

anyone else?


Male Halfling Paladin-2/ Rogue(investigator)-2/Inquistor-2

Liking the new spirit of the monk, Sir Respen Charges in again so he doesn't let Thedrin steal all the glory.

Cane Sword strike:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Damage:1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Male Orc Oracle of Flame 4 /Fire Blood Sorcerer 1 Hps 51/58 AC 18 FF 17 T 11 (15 incorporeal) CMD 17 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +6
KenderKin wrote:

Thedrin pounds on the second goblin.

anyone else?

Frustrated, Gurukk uses prestidigitation on Berry's dress. Most useful thing done this encounter.


HP 53 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,

Xane does little more than grunt under the jab of the Goblin's weapon. Absently she reaches over and pulls the thing out, even as she pulls back her other arm and throws.

Sunder Att on Wall:1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 6 - 4 = 21

Dam Roll:1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Seeing the effects of her throw Xane looks about for a bigger rock.

"Xane is gon'a rock your world!" She snarls as she picks up a piece of masonry with both hands.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Respen helps finish the goblin, Xane pounds on the wall making it less pretty, Gurrukk magics Berry's dress making it more pretty.

Berry dances around and steps right on a caltrop taking a point of damage and glaring angrily at the closest person.......

You are out of turn based combat!

you find 5 javelins, a leather case, two empty caltrop bags, 24 silver coins, two short-swords......


Not in Use

Giving the goblins at his feet a desultory kick, Thedrin leaves the loot to the others and turns his gaze onwards.


HP 53 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,

As Thedrin stands and gies a kick to the Goblin's which are out of sight, Xane simply drops her rock with a soft "Awe...", then she kneels down and pragmatically begins picking up caltrops, which also helps clear the ground for every one to move over and begin scaling the Goblin's wall.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Congrats to Xane who has aquired two bags of caltrops worth 2 gold.....

plus the ability to mess with the DM later on ;)


Male Orc Oracle of Flame 4 /Fire Blood Sorcerer 1 Hps 51/58 AC 18 FF 17 T 11 (15 incorporeal) CMD 17 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +6
KenderKin wrote:


plus the ability to mess with the DM later on ;)

[ooc] The greatest gift of all! [/occ]


HP 53 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,

*Bows* Thank'e Master Dm. Nothing like thinking outside the box...even if I have to build it and then break out of it. :P


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

New updated map!

You came up in area 25 Into the caltrop hallway area 31, into the room with the wall area 32

Going through a door and coming around you enter a new area 33:

Squalor reigns in this long, low dungeon. Three small, horned humanoids are roughly tied with crude ropes to a large spike near the entrance. Farther back, a battered gnome languishes inside a rusted iron cage, which is small even for his frame. Several sets of corroded manacles are connected to the walls, which remain empty except for the occasional crumbling skeleton.

A large chest sets off to one side.


Not in Use

Peering into the room Thedrin scans for any goblins.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

If none are spotted he will stroll out into the room and wait for the prisoners to notice his presence.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

The kobolds chitter a bit among themselves, the gnome peeks up his face swollen, one of his eyes is completely closed.

His hand is hanging through the cage, towards the floor an inch beyond his reach placed by the goblins is a silver amulet.....

He looks directly at Thedrin.
"You must help me."

Perception DC
15

Spoiler:

A silver amulet sits under a cage.

If you made that check
knowledge religion
DC12

Spoiler:

That is a holy symbol of apsu


Not in Use

Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Moving closer so as to pick up the amulet and spin it around his fingers upon a chain. "What need has a Gnome for a symbol of the Waybringer?"


Male Gnome Fighter / Cleric

”My name is Erky Timbers, a fighter and cleric.”

"A cleric o Apsu. Tha kobolds I have befriended an have been able tah keep us alive, until the goblins found my holy symbol and placed it out of my reach. Release me and them tha they might return to their homes."


Male Orc Oracle of Flame 4 /Fire Blood Sorcerer 1 Hps 51/58 AC 18 FF 17 T 11 (15 incorporeal) CMD 17 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +6
KenderKin wrote:

The kobolds chitter a bit among themselves, the gnome peeks up his face swollen, one of his eyes is completely closed.

His hand is hanging through the cage, towards the floor an inch beyond his reach placed by the goblins is a silver amulet.....

He looks directly at Thedrin.
"You must help me."

Perception DC
15
** spoiler omitted **

If you made that check
knowledge religion
DC12
** spoiler omitted **

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Gurukk
you do see and hear the gnome! ;)


Male Orc Oracle of Flame 4 /Fire Blood Sorcerer 1 Hps 51/58 AC 18 FF 17 T 11 (15 incorporeal) CMD 17 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +6
KenderKin wrote:

Gurukk

you do see and hear the gnome! ;)

I'll take any success that comes my way!"


Male Gnome Fighter / Cleric

”A year past, I was on my way to seek my fortune and took the Old Road shortcut. My bad luck that the goblin band caught me; I’ve been here ever since. My clerical powers have kept me healthy; otherwise I’m sure I would be dead from starvation and abuse.”


HP 53 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,

Xane saunters up and begins to release prisoners. Of the Kobolds she tries all the languages she knows and hopes there's some way to communicate with them.

She does smile at the Gnome, trying to be friendly.

As friendly as a giant, horned woman can look any way. :P


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

The kobold struggle to get to the gnome releasing him quickly and taking great care with him....

They chitter away excitedly as one of them holds the hold symbol and passes it into the gnomes waiting hand.

The gnome concentrates on the symbol briefly and the chamber is filled with positive energy healing 1d6 ⇒ 2 to everyone present.

The gnome immediately stars giving orders to the kobolds, who break open the nearby chest and tie his armor on for him, as well as arm themselves as best they can.


Male Gnome Fighter / Cleric

”A year past, I was on my way to seek my fortune and took the Old Road shortcut. My bad luck that the goblin band caught me; I’ve been here ever since. My curing spells have kept me healthy; otherwise I’m sure I would be dead from starvation and abuse.”

”I’ve heard the goblins talk about the Twilight Grove down below. There an evil druid named Belak tends an enchanted garden and harvests the enchanted fruit from something the goblins call the Gulthias Tree, The goblins talk about it in whispers and seem terrified of the whole thing.”

”The goblins caught three others over a month ago, and they were captives here with me for awhile. They said their names were Talgen, Sharwyn, Sir Bradford. The goblins kept them for about a week and then Belak wanted them, and that is the last I heard about them.”


Male Orc Oracle of Flame 4 /Fire Blood Sorcerer 1 Hps 51/58 AC 18 FF 17 T 11 (15 incorporeal) CMD 17 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +6
Erky Timbers wrote:

”A year past, I was on my way to seek my fortune and took the Old Road shortcut. My bad luck that the goblin band caught me; I’ve been here ever since. My curing spells have kept me healthy; otherwise I’m sure I would be dead from starvation and abuse.”

”I’ve heard the goblins talk about the Twilight Grove down below. There an evil druid named Belak tends an enchanted garden and harvests the enchanted fruit from something the goblins call the Gulthias Tree, The goblins talk about it in whispers and seem terrified of the whole thing.”

”The goblins caught three others over a month ago, and they were captives here with me for awhile. They said their names were Talgen, Sharwyn, Sir Bradford. The goblins kept them for about a week and then Belak wanted them, and that is the last I heard about them.”

"Gurukk wonders why they took the others yet have left you here for so long."


HP 53 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,

"The others were Human? It's simple then, not enough meat on him..." Xane says absently...


Male Gnome Fighter / Cleric

"Tis possible and yet it seems tha druid had no use for me."


HP 53 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,

Xane laughs,

"Well then, we're lucky and he's not. Time to show this weird-o Druid what he's been missing, hey?" (^_~) She grins and winks at Erky.


Male Gnome Fighter / Cleric

"Yer a tall drink o water fer certain, ever dated a gnome fore?"


Not in Use

Shrugging his shoulders in what seems like acceptance of the gnome's tale, and then watches as the kobolds do his bidding.


HP 53 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,

As she continues to search through the room, Xane frowns.

Perception:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

"Date? What is 'Date'? Isn't that a kind of fruit?" She asks absently.

401 to 450 of 3,619 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ashardaldon Series - Unoptimized KK All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.