Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Ashardaldon Series - Unoptimized KK

Game Master Freddy Honeycutt

Hapless heroes fall into place, do these broken souls have the will to become heroes?


1,651 to 1,700 of 3,398 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>

Male Orc Oracle of Flame 4 /Fire Blood Sorcerer 1 Hps 58/58 AC 15 FF 14 T 11 (15 incorporeal) CMD 17 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +6

Gurukk moves into 4a like he owns the place.

Bluff 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

This chamber is a natural cave with carefully smoothed walls and floor. Wet stone gleams, and you can discern at least four exits leading off into darkness. Red coals glow in the darkness of the far right-handed passageway, and a crude wooden cage bars the closer right-handed passageway. The room is littered with orcish sleeping furs, loot and rubbish.

Crates and sacks are leaned against the walls away from moisture.


Male Orc Oracle of Flame 4 /Fire Blood Sorcerer 1 Hps 58/58 AC 15 FF 14 T 11 (15 incorporeal) CMD 17 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +6

Gurukk will move quietly over to some of the sleeping furs to make sure they are empty or if not, make sure nothing wakes up that is sleeping in them

Stealth 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

If everything is ok will signal the others to come in.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Looks clear.....


Male Orc Oracle of Flame 4 /Fire Blood Sorcerer 1 Hps 58/58 AC 15 FF 14 T 11 (15 incorporeal) CMD 17 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +6

Good enough for Gurukk.

What kind of loot is littered in this room? What are in the crates and sacks?


HP 51 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,

Xane swaggers into the room...happily chewing/munching down on whatever smelt the nicest to eat from back in the kitchen. And having given Soot a nice doggy treat so as to not feel left out

She looks at every one else...still happily chewing.

*Munch, munch* "Whut...?" She mumbles around the mouth full of food....the rest still held, dangling, in her hand.

*crunch...chew* "Show...dish any one find anyshing..." She asks, only slightly slobbering.

perception:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


Not in Use

Thedrin swans into the room and takes a poke through the furs looking to see if there's any decent ones on offer.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

The furs smell bad the boxes and crates contain bulky heavy supplies, such as nails, iron pots, stoves, etc....

The small cave to the right…..
A row of rough hewn sapling trunks forms a crude but servicable cage across the mouth of this small cave. A door locked with an iron padlock secures the room. Inside you see two filthy prisoners dressed in tattered rags, crowding close to the door. ”Thank Yondalla!” the first one cries out, ”We are rescued!” adds the second. The men are dirty and obviously malnourished!


Male Orc Oracle of Flame 4 /Fire Blood Sorcerer 1 Hps 58/58 AC 15 FF 14 T 11 (15 incorporeal) CMD 17 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +6

Gurukk isn't sure why the others think the furs smell bad.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

"We thought you were one of them, we prayed for help though we expected our help a bit taller."


Male Orc Oracle of Flame 4 /Fire Blood Sorcerer 1 Hps 58/58 AC 15 FF 14 T 11 (15 incorporeal) CMD 17 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +6

"Har! Gurukk is a giant compared to Thedrin, Respin, and Erky"


Not in Use

Forsaking smelly furs to Gurukk, Thedrin approaches the prisoners while pointing out Xane "She's tall enough for the lot of us. How did you get yourself all ragged up then? - and when are the jailers due back?"


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

"Them orcs caught us an went tah ransom us, but we aint got much, they said they were gonna cook us in the kitchen, said they already cooked one feller, but we never seen it."

"Can you get us out and give us some food!"

"It is hard to track time here, but one group jus got back tha means tha other is not due fer a couple days."


HP 51 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,

Xane saunters up, finishing off what ever it was she found back in the kitchen. Cleaning her hands on some of the piles of fur abouts she sizes up the bars and grills the fellows seem to be stuck behind.

Perception:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

She nods..."Ah...those aren't really secured all that well..." And she gets ready to bedn some bars.

So..taking some time to warm up and set/brace herself. What sort of Str check does Xane have to make? :)


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

A normal strength check should work fine!


HP 51 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,

Xane flexes, checks her stance...adjusts her grip...feels the weight and resilience of the bars....gets a good, firm hold on the metal and...

Str Check:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

[*grunts and strains with effort*

"Suckers...are...a...lot...tougher..than...I...thought!"

Xane will not give up on breaking these suckers! So...a Con check to see how long she lasts trying to get the metal to move? ;)


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

made from rope, nails and crude timber....

Do carry on!


HP 51 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,

With her biceps and muscles quivering with the strain, Xane continues to fight against the captive's cage.

Str Check:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Con Check:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Aaaand, unless she makes it with a 16...looks like her con is gon'a let her down....


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

"It's no use honey......"
Starts the Man as Xane unwedges the whole thing out of the cave entrance and lets it fall aside....

"....holy s@$%take mushrooms!"


HP 51 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,

Xane steps back from the wreckage, stretches to her full height and just grins.

"Okay.." She huffs after the exertion..."That was the warm up...now, where's the fighting?" She growls, and every one can hear the anticipation and excitement in her voice.

Time to go 'Full tilt boogie for JUSTICE!' XD


Male Halfling Paladin-2/ Rogue(investigator)-2/Inquistor-2

"Oh my dear Xane, your strength is impressive but my lock picks could of handled such a simple lock. So lads what are your names,oh what you want to know mine its Sir Respen Bayleef Bastion of Justice!" Respen pauses for cheering. "By Imoedaes light we will keep you safe, you said the orcs were ransoming you? Do you come from rich homes that would like to make a sizable dotation to certain life saving faiths for your safe return?"

Diplomacy:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12


HP 51 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,

Xane bounces on her toes, hands flexing in the air.

"Pfft! That wasn't a lock. That was a pile of twigs needed setting up for fire-wood." She saunters over to one of the exits and peers into the darkness With her Dark-vision 60'


Not in Use

Thedrin smiles as Xane takes pleasure in wholesale destruction, then waits for the rescued's response to Respens words.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

"I'm Larry an this is mah brother Daryl an we aint even sure what happened to our other brother Daryl. We are wood-cutters by trade, an jus earn enough tah keep our families fed."


Male Halfling Paladin-2/ Rogue(investigator)-2/Inquistor-2

Disappointment shows on the paladin's face as he hears they are just wood cutters, he thinks to himself "How am I suppose to prove my worth to Imoedae with saving just locals, I need to save someone important." His Disappointment is faded by some confusion, "Wait Larry both your brothers are named Daryl? Is one called First Daryl and the other one Second Daryl? Weird."


Not in Use

Thedrin also asks the brothers "Are you any good at climbing?"


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

"Sure we ken shimmy up a tree like no-bodies business."

"An yeah both mah brothers are named Daryl, they are named after our dad."


Not in Use

"Well we're for sticking around for a further looksee, but the chimney behind us will get you above ground and slinking back to town. You can tag along and try not to die.... or run away and try to get back to town without dieing... your choice really.... Your mother's name... it's not Sharyl is it?"


Male Gnome Fighter / Cleric

Erky pulls some nails out of some of the crates and makes the men a 20 foot ladder to get up the chimney......


HP 51 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,

Xane continues to stand...her form effectively a blocking off of the corridor she's standing in front of, as she glances over her shoulder at the wonders of wood-work Erky is performing.

"See, tearing that thing apart was good." She chuckles.

"So, them running off into the woods for those patrolling Orcs to catch again is a good thing?" She scratches at her head.


Male Halfling Paladin-2/ Rogue(investigator)-2/Inquistor-2

"Well if we let them go out this way we can be more vocal in our attack here, that should distract them enough to let Larry and Daryl one here time to get away." Respen explains his idea to Xane.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

The two men are obviously excited about going home to be re-united with their father Daryl, and their uncle Larry.....

"Thanks for the food!"


HP 51 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,

Xane just shrugs, showing no real worry about Larry or Daryl's fate.

"Either way works for me..." Still seeming more interested in what's down beyond in the dark.

So..what's down random tunnel No 2? Perception:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17(^_^)


Not in Use

Thedrin waves away the 'arryls without too much of a following thought and follows behind Xane. He speaks plainly "No need for sneaking right? - lets just get bolshy"

West corridor first is my vote


Male Orc Oracle of Flame 4 /Fire Blood Sorcerer 1 Hps 58/58 AC 15 FF 14 T 11 (15 incorporeal) CMD 17 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +6

Gurukk agrees with Thedrin


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

This tunnel is 20 feet wide and about 60 feet long.
Right about 30 feet down is a set of heavy stone doors that are currently ajar.

In the distance beyond the door the hall opens into a chamber with some type of fire-light burning within.


Male Orc Oracle of Flame 4 /Fire Blood Sorcerer 1 Hps 58/58 AC 15 FF 14 T 11 (15 incorporeal) CMD 17 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +6

"Definitely the right choice in direction!"

Gurukk will go in again like he belongs here.


Male Halfling Paladin-2/ Rogue(investigator)-2/Inquistor-2

"Yes my friend that is a good sign, let us see what gifts the fire god has left you." Respen says to his friend in a hushed tone, while his hand hovers near the handle of his longsword.


HP 51 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,

Xane again lurks at the back of the group. Now crouched so as to calm Soot and keep the large (Yes, I know she's a medium animal :P) quiet.


Not in Use

Thedrin follows just behind the chosen of the fire god, eyes and ears open...
Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18


Male Gnome Fighter / Cleric

"I don't like tha looks o this!"


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

The rift hall

As you come to the heavy stone doors you find that you can either squeeze through or open the doors wider, just within the doors is an area of darkness....

Then a rope bridge and braizers burning on the far side.......

Squeezing through or opening the door wider?

Who is first?


Not in Use

Thedrin gives Gurukk a nudge "Can you see anything in there?"

Referring to the 'darkness'


Male Orc Oracle of Flame 4 /Fire Blood Sorcerer 1 Hps 58/58 AC 15 FF 14 T 11 (15 incorporeal) CMD 17 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +6

"I can see a bridge, but my remaining eye isn't good for much more than that"

Gurukk fully opens the door to head inside


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Two Orcs charge Gurukk as he opens the door wide enough for them!

Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
beat that!

Melee attacks
Charging!
Great axe 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Damage 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Great axe 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Damage 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

DM Notes

Spoiler:

Orc warrior 1
CE Medium humanoid
Init +0; Senses darkvision 60 ft. ; Perception –1
Weakness light sensitivity

DEFENSE
AC 15, touch 10, flat-footed 15 (+5 scale mail armor)
hp 10
Fort +3, Ref +0, Will –1
Defensive Abilities ferocity

OFFENSE
Speed 20 ft.
Melee greataxe +4 (1d12+3)
Ranged javelin +1 (1d6+3)

STATISTICS
Str 17, Dex 11, Con 12, Int 7, Wis 8, Cha 6
Base Atk +1; CMB +4; CMD 14
Feats Toughness
Skills Intimidate +2
Languages Common, Orc
SQ weapon familiarity
SPECIAL ABILITIES
Ferocity (Ex)
An orc remains conscious and can continue fighting even if its hit point total is below 0. It is still staggered and loses 1 hit point each round. A creature with ferocity still dies when its hit point total reaches a negative amount equal to its Constitution score.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Only Thedrin can beat the orcs (and needs to roll a 20 to do so!)


Male Orc Oracle of Flame 4 /Fire Blood Sorcerer 1 Hps 58/58 AC 15 FF 14 T 11 (15 incorporeal) CMD 17 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +6

Gurukk laughs at their pitiful attacks


Male Halfling Paladin-2/ Rogue(investigator)-2/Inquistor-2

Whats the deal with you always getting a natural 20 on your intiatives?Hehe


Not in Use

Intiative: 1d20 ⇒ 12

Thedrin lets the team down ;)


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Melee attacks.......Dice gods on side of evil?

Great axe 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Damage 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Great axe 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Damage 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

You are up!

1,651 to 1,700 of 3,398 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ashardaldon Series - Unoptimized KK All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.