Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Ashardaldon Series - Unoptimized KK

Game Master Freddy Honeycutt

Hapless heroes fall into place, do these broken souls have the will to become heroes?


1,551 to 1,600 of 3,564 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>

Male Orc Oracle of Flame 4 /Fire Blood Sorcerer 1 Hps 58/58 AC 15 FF 14 T 11 (15 incorporeal) CMD 17 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +6

Gurukk shakes his head at her abuse of the double shot glass, though admits her production of fire out of it is intriguing.

"Let's get going, the ears are waiting"


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

It has been a fine morning and the skies are clear as you approach the gates towards out of town. Clearly the human guards have filled the ranks with the half-orcs retiring for some rest before night-fall, it seems an endless cycle of the guards at the gates.

"Farewell."

calls one guard as you leave.

marching order and any rolls, survival to predict the weather, tell direction etc. Plan of action?


Male Gnome Fighter / Cleric

Erky whistles a soft tune as he walks along, trying to pretend he is having no trouble keeping up with Xane.


Not in Use

Thedrin sets to trailblazing, eyes to the ground occasionally - but making in the general direction of the mountain that was foretold.... the Tooth of Stone.


HP 46 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,
KenderKin wrote:
marching order and any rolls, survival to predict the weather, tell direction etc. Plan of action?

Plans...? We don' need no stinkin' BADGERS! :P

Calling for Soot to follow, Xane gives Callista a jaunty wave as she and her friends set out.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

The flat area near town gives way to an area with several trees.

At different times each of you thinks that something is going on and making you a bit uneasy.

What it is or could be you are not certain until one of you makes the following perception check.....

Perception DC 15

Spoiler:
you notice anominous shadow and look up quickly enough to see a hunting blue wyvern soaring low over the tree tops…..
Wyvern


Not in Use

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13 - but of course :P

Thedrin gets a stone in his foot wrappings and spends a few moments oblivious to all else as he attempts to wrest it free from it's entrapment.


Male Orc Oracle of Flame 4 /Fire Blood Sorcerer 1 Hps 58/58 AC 15 FF 14 T 11 (15 incorporeal) CMD 17 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +6

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Note that Gurukk can't see past 30' but maybe he can hear it?


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Gurukk hears a whooshing sound and points upwards....

re-roll with a +2


HP 46 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,

Perception:1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 = 10 Looking up and seeing said shape Xane laughs loudly with glee.

"BIRDY!" and (Indicating Soot should Stay/Sit/Lie down, Animal Handling : Take Ten = 15) does little more than adjust her stance... >:)


Male Halfling Paladin-2/ Rogue(investigator)-2/Inquistor-2

Perception:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Sir Respen's eyes go a little wide, he points to the sky and hastely tells his companions, "By the Goddess, looks like we got company stick close to the trees." He'll try to hide behind a tree.

Stealth:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22


Male Gnome Fighter / Cleric

"Tha ting is fine an Apsu likes em likely tah eats a bear o somting bigger, ain't none o us worth eatin....except Xane."


Not in Use

Thedrin gives Erky a raised eyebrow as though requesting and just how sure of that are you before keeping his eyes skyward to see if the beastie circles back for them...

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

You sight the beasty over-head circling around the trees but not ever doing anything to you.

Your persistence in being vigilant pays off as you find a rocky area that has an over-hang of rock that will shelter you should the clouds you have watched darken all day turn to rain.

Closer look

Spoiler:

The crack angles backward and narrows after 10 feet, but otherwise is a ready made shelter, you even find remnants of a fire pit in the rock floor....


HP 46 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,

Xane wanders in, still looking up in the sky for the 'Birdy', though what she hopes for from said avian is anybodies guess.

Perception:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

She settles Soot down, pokes about in the back of the cave for a bit (What the perception rolls was about) then settles down at the cave mouth watching the surrounding area.


Male Orc Oracle of Flame 4 /Fire Blood Sorcerer 1 Hps 58/58 AC 15 FF 14 T 11 (15 incorporeal) CMD 17 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +6

"Curse Gurukk's eye. Gurukk would have liked to see the beast."


Not in Use

"It's alright Gurukk... wasn't that impressive." Thedrin adds dismissively as he joins Xane's recon of the overhang. Pointing at the firepit "Someones been here recently..."


Male Gnome Fighter / Cleric

"This looks like a fine spot tah camp fer tha evenin, no way tha 'birdie' will drop on us here."

Collects a bit of wood and even gets extra...

"Looks like rain tonight, an dry wood is better."


HP 46 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,

Xane helps lift and carry stuff in the setting up of the camp. Afterwards...she comes and sits down beside Thedrin.

"So...Thedrin....I have a question..." She says.


Not in Use

"And what might that be?" replies Thedrin cautiously...


HP 46 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,

Xane leans back and stretches.

"We're friends, right?' She peers off into the distant night sky.


Not in Use

Brow furrowing in confusion as his left eyebrow rises quizzically "Aye I'd be saying so..." clearly waiting for Xane to continue.


Male Gnome Fighter / Cleric

"I suppose we all be friends."


HP 46 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,

Xane's stance does not change, her eyes still looking out into the darkness

"Then why for you hurt my dog." She says.


Not in Use

Thedrin's pose relaxes somewhat as the truth comes out "How did I do that? Was it the orc ear or the booze? - just wanted the wee mutt tae enjoy the same as we were... was he up the night... you know..." making pukey motions.


Male Halfling Paladin-2/ Rogue(investigator)-2/Inquistor-2

Respen comes out of his hiding spot, and moves back to the group. "The pup seems okay to me, a wee nip of whiskey can only help."


Male Gnome Fighter / Cleric

"I thought he was trying tah help yer dogs terrible case o gas."


HP 46 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,

Xane's brows lower, her features darken.

"Yes...Soot was all.." She imitates Thedrin's noises "Poor dog was shivering and shaking for most of the night..." She finishes, slowly turning to look at Thedrin........


Not in Use

Licking his lips slightly as Xane looks murderously towards him "So was it the ear or the booze?..."


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

As you travel, you pass through brooding pine forests and deep vales several days north of the mining town of Blasingdell. From where you stand now, you catch sight of a tall, steep hill that rises to a prominent bare knob of rock—the Stone Tooth. A thin spire of smoke rises from some unseen point high on the hill’s slopes, and you can make out a steep, narrow road or track that runs back and forth across the face of the mountainside.

Picture


HP 46 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,

Xane frowns at Thedrin's comment...

"Hmmm..I don't see how just an ear would upset her..." Xane muses to herself.

Well...doesn't that view look inviting! (^_^)


Male Gnome Fighter / Cleric

"Tha has tah be tha stone tooth fer certain, wha yah thinks bout tha smoke?"

"Recon we gots another day o travel, an no way we ken keep sight o it in tha trees."


Not in Use

Thedrin smiles cautiously "So no more booze for the pup?"

Looking at the tooth of stone Thedrin shrugs at Erky's comment "We'll lets get cracking?" making to push on through the forest.


HP 46 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,

Xane glances at Erky.

"What d'you mean we won't be able to see it for the trees?" She shrugs and rolls her shoulders. "We just climb a random one and have a look about every now and then, is all." She asserts.

Thedrin's comment elitists a frown from Xane, "No." She replies flatly, then smiles and ruffles Thedrin's hair incident forgotten. (^_^)


Male Gnome Fighter / Cleric

"No, no more booze fer tha hound sounds like a yes, yah needs tah be sure we err all on tha same page."

Looks at the over-hang and his small fire.

"Thought we was bedin down fer tha night."


HP 46 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,

Xane shrugs at Erky's comment.

"Okay, since we're stopping I'll give shimy-ing up one of these..." She points to the trees around them, "And see what I can see?"

Handle Animal:'Take Ten'= 15 (To have Soot sit, stay, lie down etc)

Then Xane will look for the biggest specimen of wood around their campsite and give it a climb.

Perception:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Climb Check:1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 = 12 (No actual skill../Though having taken time to pick out a tree...)

And...though it takes her quite a while (Reverting to 'Taking Ten' with her Str mod being a +6) She does reach a decent height.

Perception:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 (To see what she can see from her lofty perch)

Then a 'Climb Check at 'Take Ten' to get back down with out falling. :P

One at the bottom she brushes her hands and grins, though huffing from her exertions. "Well...what I could see was..." (And here within does the DM's exposition start.)

Afterwards, she wanders off looking for a handy nearby stream to wash herself down after getting all hot and sweaty wrestling with the woods.

Survival:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

She slaps a trouser-ed thigh and calls for Soot to follow.


Male Halfling Paladin-2/ Rogue(investigator)-2/Inquistor-2

With all this talking of booze, Respen pulls out his flask and takes a drink and looks on to the group. Then moves towards the outside of the trail just incase an ambush is coming.

Stealth:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Perception:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Xane finds pretty much the same view but she does spot a stream realatively nearby to wash up in.

Boards been a little off today? or is it just me?


Not in Use

There's been some connection issues - but should be sorted now

"Well seems the only thing for it is to stride forth with confidence?"


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

The night passes un-eventfully, then you set on your way to the mountain in the distance. You travel through some dense trees...

Stealth check
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Beat that with perception!


HP 46 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,

Perception Xane:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Perception Soot:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11(Plus 'Scent')

Chewing upon some of the 'Beef-jerky' trail-rations, along with sharing with Soot, Xane is too happy to notice anything wrong with the world. :P


Male Orc Oracle of Flame 4 /Fire Blood Sorcerer 1 Hps 58/58 AC 15 FF 14 T 11 (15 incorporeal) CMD 17 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +6

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Gurukk's remaining bad eye sees nothing as he cheerfully day dreams about culling the non faithful ahead of him.


Not in Use

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32

"Hark good fellows - what slinks hither through the undergrowth" pointing accusingly with an incriminatory digit.


Male Orc Oracle of Flame 4 /Fire Blood Sorcerer 1 Hps 58/58 AC 15 FF 14 T 11 (15 incorporeal) CMD 17 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +6

Gurukk is impressed with Thedrin's super awareness of all things


HP 46 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,

Xane looks to Thedrin...then squints in the general direction of his pointing.

Perception Check:1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 2 = 13 (For having it actually pointed out. :P)

"Just a...um...thing..." She suggests, unconvinced that there's anything there at all.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

A group of 6 orcs is padding along the trees ahead of you they are about 40 away and each is 10 from his fellows in a staggered line formation of some sort.

They seem to be headed towards the stone tooth as well.


HP 46 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,

Seeing that, Xane looks to her companions and indicates the Orcs with a shrug...

getting ready for 'Round1:'. (^_^)


Male Halfling Paladin-2/ Rogue(investigator)-2/Inquistor-2

Perception:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Respen whispers to his friends, "If they don't see us let the halflings stalk behind them and maybe they will lead us to there main camp. What do ya'll think?"


HP 46 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,

Xane shrugs, "Or we can scream and leap from right here?" She gives her simple opinion with an enthusiastic grin.


Male Gnome Fighter / Cleric

"Might as well lettem show us tha front door like Respen says err we can squish em like Xane wants."

The Orcs have their backs to you and are walking away from you at a walking pace...

1,551 to 1,600 of 3,564 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ashardaldon Series - Unoptimized KK All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.