Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Ashardaldon Series - Unoptimized KK

Game Master Freddy Honeycutt

Hapless heroes fall into place, do these broken souls have the will to become heroes?


1 to 50 of 3,670 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

The long and short of it is, the towns heroes have gone missing investigating the sunless citadel and other things around town...

The missing heroes are a fighter (Talgen), a wizard (Sharwyn), a paladin (Sir Bradford), and a Ranger (Karakas)....

The paladin was not a local and is said to have had a magical sword named shatterspike.

Once the town became devoid of heroes, the local mayor (Vurnor Leng) found a rag-tag band of drifters, drunks, vagrants, misfits, and just plain disturbing individuals he could find/release from the stockade/etc That would be you guys and hopes you can rescue the heroes, solve the towns problems and collect a reward!

Based in the town of
oakhurst

You are also familiar with the
Surrounding area

Mayor Vurnor Leng’s speech!
As everyone gathers around the well in the center of town the word has been spread the mayor is to make a speech on the state of the town.

”Ladies and gentle folk, lend me your ears and hear that since our local heroes have gone missing, you know them well locals one and all except Sir Bradford, but he is a paladin and a welcome neighbor to anyone. We are left with only our two town guards, and you requested nay demanded that I take action and protect you the citizenry. Though it has been only scant days, you are indeed protected, and hopefully these new heroes can return the others and end any threats to Oakhurst.”

Lots of applause as the crowd stares at you!

”I give you the ………Motley Crew.”
Please come up with a name for yourselves.

Sense Motive DC 20

Spoiler:
They seem to hope that you do not come back, likely the mayor is taking the approach of throwing two problems at each other in the hopes of destroying both

”They leave at first light to the sunless citadel!”
More applause, clapping and stomping of feet!

The mayor nudges you and gives you a wink.
(aside)
"Any of you want to say anything?"


Male Orc Oracle of Flame 4 /Fire Blood Sorcerer 1 Hps 51/58 AC 18 FF 17 T 11 (15 incorporeal) CMD 17 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +6

Sense Motive1d20 ⇒ 9

Gurukk is confused by the applause as he has never had positive encourage ever in his life. Bolstered by the support of the crowd he yells out, "Never fear good citizens of Oakhurst. The Fire God has seen fit to send me to you in your hour of trouble. I shall find those that are missing and return with them to your town, or at least return their ashes. But rest assured we will return to you!"


Female AC 16 HP:11/11 Init +2 F: +4 Ref: +4 W: +3

Berry bounces up and down anxious to speak. Hello1 Good people of Oakhurst! I'm Berry! I hope to be in your dreams tonight! And I hope with all ym heart to bring the joy and laughter in the citadel of dark and nasty things out fo there adn give them to you! Won't that be greeat! I'll be sure to take the time to play with each and every one of you! And your babies too! Yayyy!"


female Human Fallen Antipaladin 1/ Oracle 1

Sense Motive 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

The dark-armor-clad figure mulls over the situation, choosing her words with great care. "I will do my best."


Male Halfling Paladin-2/ Rogue(investigator)-2/Inquistor-2

Sense Motive:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

As Respen rubs his head to try and get rid of his massive headache he thinks to himself quietly, What the hell happen last night, last thing I remember was drinking with a women then a dragging feeling, then waking up in a cell. As the mayor speaks Respen digs through his bag and pulls out a small pill and takes it. He perks up a bit after taking it, and watches his cohort's introduce themselves and mumbling something about a job. When it comes to Respen's turn he moves up and first mumbles,"Sure beats paying bail."

As he approaches the crowd he announces himself with his arms spread wide open "Don't worry dear citizens of Oakberg, I Sir Respen Bayleef your bastion of Justice is here to save you all! With the help of my dear Comrades we will rid this area of evil and injustice all in the name of IMOEDAE!” He then winks at the sky, and takes a glorious bow. As he moves back he whispers to Triesta,”What’s did we agree to?”

DM:
I’m going use a Diplomacy check during the speech to bring up the crowds opinion of him if I can.
Diplomacy:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


Not in Use

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Overwhelmed by the attention, Thedrin smiles and waves at the crowd happily.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

The crowd does seem a bit friendlier than before....

One elderly lady covering her mouth at the mention of the sunless citadel!

Triesta?


HP 50 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,

Sorry, living on the other side of the world tends to have my time zone a tad out of kilter compared to every one else.

Xane steps forward, grinning and looking out at the crowd.

"My name is Xane and you can be sure I'm prepared to go all out! FULL TILL BOOGIE FOR JUSTICE!" She cries, even pumping her fist in the air with enough gusto to jump slightly upon the stage.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

The crowd applauds loudly for about a minute then they all look around at each other and rapidly disperse almost as if a signal went off and they all heard it was time to leave.

"I have most excellent lodging prepared for you and as we discussed, no liquor till after you return in triumph, besides there is no liquor left in town!"

The mayor casts a sly wink towards Respen...


Male Orc Oracle of Flame 4 /Fire Blood Sorcerer 1 Hps 51/58 AC 18 FF 17 T 11 (15 incorporeal) CMD 17 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +6

"The lodging is appreciated. Make sure to have plenty to drink waiting for our return as Respin has a large thirst!"


Not in Use

"You are too kind, but I ask only for water to quench my thirst, bread to quieten my hunger and a floor to sleep on."


Female AC 16 HP:11/11 Init +2 F: +4 Ref: +4 W: +3

"If it's that stinky jail cell again you'll be sorry!" Berry stamps her foot and glowers.


HP 50 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,

Xane shrugs,

"Aye, well, I've never been one to pass up the offer of a good night's rest." She grins, "So, early to bed, early to rise...um...makes...ahm...something, something..." Her voice trails off as she fails to recal the entire saying.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

The mayor leads you to the Ol’ Boar Inn. Pointing towards the inn he says. ”Everything is taken care of, Garon the barkeep has your rooms and food ready.”

Feel free to ask the mayor questions!

Inside the tavern several tables are spread around and a bar sits against the back wall. The barkeep is dunking glasses and mugs into a pail of water and then drying them with a large towel. He greets you with a nod, ”Evenin”

Feel free to interact with the mayor or Garon!


Male Orc Oracle of Flame 4 /Fire Blood Sorcerer 1 Hps 51/58 AC 18 FF 17 T 11 (15 incorporeal) CMD 17 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +6

"So Mr Mayor, Gurukk has all the confidence in the world that the Fire God shall lead him to these heroes of this town, but it may be nice to know more of those Gurukk seeks. That way Gurukk won't hopefully burn them before Gurukk realizes it was one he was supposed to save."


Female AC 16 HP:11/11 Init +2 F: +4 Ref: +4 W: +3
KenderKin wrote:


Inside the tavern several tables are spread around and a bar sits against the back wall. The barkeep is dunking glasses and mugs into a pail of water and then drying them with a large towel. He greets you with a nod, ”Evenin”

Berry skips along the road swinging her teddy bear, a massive thing almost as big as she is along beside her. A large stuffed cat is wrapped about her shoulders.

When the bartender addresses the group she turns to him and just stares with a blank expression on her face...


Not in Use

Thedrin follows his fellow draftees to the inn and gives the innkeep a formal bow "Good evening Garon, thank you for the offer of a room - though I cannot accept, I will cast my bed in the corridor."


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

@ Xane
Mayor
"Makes on healthy an wise I think...."

@ Gurukk
mayor
"Seems to us the monsters most seen are goblins or kobolds, an one is not likely to mistake a man for either one of those. As far as is known no human is an enemy of Oakhurst!"

@ Berry
The barkeep stares back blankly for a second as well....

The mayor shudders and side-steps so he is not looking at you any longer.

@Thedrin
Garon the barkeep
"I might be moppin tha corridor ye could sleep on tha bar if yah wanted."

Triesta seems to be taking it all in, being welcomed in a town is something different.....

@Respen
mayor
"The people enjoyed your speech I will have an eye upon you lad or your will be wanting my job."


HP 50 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,

Xane grins and blushes slightly,

"Yeah, that saying..." She saunters up to the bar and leans against the wood,

"Um...so what's in that bottle there?" She asks, pointing randomly to one of the beverages on display. (Assuming there are any on display. If not, she'll point to any signs etc.) She partly turns and looks at the rest of the party, still smiling.


female Human Fallen Antipaladin 1/ Oracle 1

Triesta is quiet, not wanting to say anything that will reveal her . She does smile and nod as pleasantly as required. Apparently she had traveled long and far enough that her reputation did not precede her here.

Meant that she would be able to take the town unawa- No, no. Just means we have a fresh start, my dear.


Male Orc Oracle of Flame 4 /Fire Blood Sorcerer 1 Hps 51/58 AC 18 FF 17 T 11 (15 incorporeal) CMD 17 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +6

Once in the inn, Gurukk will look for the fireplace and sit next to the fire (If there is one) and stare into the flames.


Not in Use

"That is most kind of you good sir." Thedrin then moves off to one side and sits crosslegged on the floor, starting to meditate.


Male Halfling Paladin-2/ Rogue(investigator)-2/Inquistor-2

Sorry, I moved yesterday and my roommate hasn't gotten the network up yet.

After Respen hears no liqour until the jobs done, he sighs and spends the walk to the bar trying to figure out what the job is in his mind, since he was still recovering when they told it to him. He responds to the mayor, "You are to kind dear Mayor but, I wouldn't dare try to steal your job as a bastion of justice I keep to a strict code. I vow to you that this evil shall be punished and the quest completed so that your dear kind hearted town can live in peace once again."
Bluff roll cause that was a lie hehe:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
After hearing from the mayor of the peoples love for him he thinks maybe he will try and steal the mayor's job and make a place that dedicates its self to Imoedae, yeah that would get me back in good graces with her.

He walks up to the bar with the swagger of a high end noble. He says to Garon "My dear Bartender the finest food and drink for me and my comrades in arms."


HP 50 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,

Xane looks Respen up and down as he saunters across the room and takes a place at the bar and smiles at the fellow, then turns to the Bar-keep,

"Actually, that's a good question. What have you got going for vittles?" She asks.


female Human Fallen Antipaladin 1/ Oracle 1

Iomedae...

Triesta shakes her head. The chatty one worships that pious, self righteous - perfectly lovely goddess, who was truly worthy of passing the Test of the Starstone.

"Er... yes," she asks quietly, "What do you have to eat?"

She forms the words carefully as if she is speaking in a language she does not know altogether well.


Female AC 16 HP:11/11 Init +2 F: +4 Ref: +4 W: +3

Berry continues staring boring her large eyes into the mans very soul and rending his loves in twain as if to reveal his deepest darkest nightmares.

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16 Intimidate.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

The barkeep looks over the bare shelves behind him and shakes his head sadly from side to side. ”Tis a sign o dark days tha heroes went missin, tha cattleherds don’t graze too far afield anymore, they err frightened o stories on new monsters tha lurk in tha night. No one has seen tha monsters, but anyone o anything caught out after dark has been found dead tha next day, pierced by dozens an dozens of small wounds an claw marks.”

"Got a meat roast bout 15 pounds, with 15 pounds of both carrots, an potatoes, with onion fer flavor, an fresh loaves o bread!"

”Tah me a customer is a customer an I tells yah straight tha town might not care if yah come back err not, but yah gets wounded out there yah gets back here an Dem Nackle shes a gnome but shes a cleric an she’ll fix yah right up, have yah right as rain afore yah knows it.”

As you gather closer to the barkeep Garon, you notice a picture behind him of a red dragon breathing flames….
He notes your interest and says ”Ol Ashardalon!”

Knowledge local/geography DC14

Spoiler:
The old road skirts the Ashen Plain, a lifeless land, made that way by the ancient rampage of the dragon named Ashardalon.

Perception DC 10

Spoiler:
A large section of the far wall has lots of things hanging from it,
If you take a closer look Board

The mayor beats a hasty retreat and it seems he is not going to tuck you in tonight!


HP 50 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,

Knowledge Dungeoneering:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4(Untrained) To try and know about a monster that leave such marks.

Knowledge Nature:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4(Untrained)To try and know about a monster that leave such marks.

Knowledge Local:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3(Untrained)

Meh, so much for that. still better to get the low numbers out of the way before the important rolls. (^_~)

Knowledge Geography:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21(Untrained)

Perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Xane takes in the notice board with a keen but casual eye,

"Mmmm, the meat and side helpings sound great!" She says enthusiastically...."I wonder if any of the folks on those notes might be able to help...?" She says softly as she thinks to herself out loud then looks to the others.

"So! I've got my dinner by the sounds of it." She gives a large wink to show her humor, "What's every one else having?" She finishes with a grin.


Male Halfling Paladin-2/ Rogue(investigator)-2/Inquistor-2

Perception:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Knowledge(Local,Untrained):1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

"Haha, guess I'm stuck with your table scraps then young lady. Hope you won't let a old halfling starve haha."Respen responds cheerfully to Xane's joke. Sir Respen studies the board while waiting for the food, says to the bartender"So Garon, are all those postings pretty recent?"


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Garon sets the roast and vegetables in front of you on a large platter, the juices seep into the half loaf of bread laid to one side.

"Yah should ignore most o whats on there we got one kid think he's tha hedge wizards apprentice, an he wrote most o them, not true at all but I lets him hang them fer entertainment."
In other words just background noise, nothing to do with the adventure!

You notice that even with the generous portions plenty more is in the large iron pot over the fireplace.....


HP 50 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,

Xane doesn't wait. Sitting down at the table and shoveling food onto her plate, then just a quickly shoveling food into herself.

"Mph..mrf..mumph..Mmmble?" Are all that can be discerned as she takes more notice of her eating than almost anything else.


female Human Fallen Antipaladin 1/ Oracle 1

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

She tucks into the food, eating with perhaps less enthusiasm than Xane - but still with a fair amount of enthusiasm.

"I am primarily a healer" she said to her new companions - perhaps belied by her greataxe and dark banded mail, "And ye?"


Female AC 16 HP:11/11 Init +2 F: +4 Ref: +4 W: +3

Berry continues to stare at the bartender for a long time befor eslowly walking over to the food and apparently doing nothing with it. That is until people look away and then when they look back food is gone. And then again and again without Berry apparently moving. Yet, the area around the teddy bears mouth appears to be getting dirtier adn dirtier with food by the moment.


Male Halfling Paladin-2/ Rogue(investigator)-2/Inquistor-2

As Respen finishes a large helping of the food. He wipes his mouth with his sleeve, and says to the bartender"Good work my dear inn keeper." Respen then spins around in his chair with his mandolin in hand and starts to play a light melody. "My dear healer, I am just a old halfling with many skills." he responds to Triesta with a wink and a roguish smile.

Perform:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


Not in Use

Thedrin declines anything more than a slice of bread and water.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Garon eyes your mandolin, and contemplates a song....

He picks up the instrument and plays a solemn tune…

Perform check 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

The song is a bit better than the playing….

”All things roll here; horrors of midnights,
Campaigns of a lost year,
Dungeons disturbed, and groves of lights;
Echoing on these shores, still clear,
Dead ecstasies of questing knights----
Yet how the wind revives us here!”

Spoiler:
--- Arthur Rimbaud

"Guess I best get tah bed tha lad will be in tah clean an mop up in a bit."


Male Orc Oracle of Flame 4 /Fire Blood Sorcerer 1 Hps 51/58 AC 18 FF 17 T 11 (15 incorporeal) CMD 17 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +6

"Gurukk is heading to bed so I greet the fiery sun in the morning. Then we shall find these heroes, or whatever remains of them at least."


Female AC 16 HP:11/11 Init +2 F: +4 Ref: +4 W: +3

"Try not to murder any more innocent families and burn their property down mr. greenface!" Berry says cheerfully as she skips to bed.


HP 50 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,

Xane continues to pack away food, seeming to eat as much as three people. Eventually, as she leans back and stretches, sighing in happiness at a full stomach she nods to Triesta and the others sharing the table. Though, she does tilt her head and listen to Respen's strumming.

"Well, for me...I s'pose I just hit things." She flexes a well toned arm."Been doing it since as long as I can remember. Like, first, the other bully type of kids who pick on others which are...different." And for just a moment Xane's ace takes on a thoughtful look, which is just as quickly discarded for her more jovial self. She nods in agreement with Gurukk,

"Aye, a big meal needs a good lie don to properly digest." She mutters, stands, stretches again and also saunters off towards the rooms. Giving a smile and jaunty wave to the others by way of a goodnight call.


Not in Use

Thedrin casts his meager bedding on the bar as requested and sleeps like a babe.


Male Orc Oracle of Flame 4 /Fire Blood Sorcerer 1 Hps 51/58 AC 18 FF 17 T 11 (15 incorporeal) CMD 17 Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +6
Berry Peelyblossom wrote:
"Try not to murder any more innocent families and burn their property down mr. greenface!" Berry says cheerfully as she skips to bed.

"Alas they were not innocent. No man can hide from the Fire God. But I do not think there will be any need for justice tonight. Plenty to do on the morrow."


Male Halfling Paladin-2/ Rogue(investigator)-2/Inquistor-2

Respen plays on as his comrades go to bed saying goodnight to each one. He looks down at Thedrin with one eyebrow raised, "You know lad, that doesn't look to comfortable and anyway...."Sir Bayleef pauses for a moment and starts to look around for a bottle of liqour(perception:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13), he continues "if you wanna sleep on a bar lets at least do it the proper way!" If he finds a bottle he will leave a few coins for it, and if he doesn't find one he will pull out his flask and offer eitherway to those that are still down here a drink. Then he will start playing again after he drinks a couple of shots. Preform:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

The night passes uneventfully, only the sound of a distant owl ever so often disturbs your slumber.

As you exit the Ol’ Boar Inn stepping out into the light of day, very few people are on the streets this morning. You head first south and then begin to turn onto Old Road, to head for the Sunless Citadel. You know the journey is 7 miles along the road and expect to arrive at around noon, giving plenty of daylight hours remaining.

An old gnome hag meets you at the corner Perception DC 10

Spoiler:
the same lady at the mayors speech who covered her mouth approaches you

”For some spare change I ken tell yah what tha fates have in store for yah.”

The old gnome holds out her hand with the palm up and cupped waiting for some money……


Female AC 16 HP:11/11 Init +2 F: +4 Ref: +4 W: +3
KenderKin wrote:

The night passes uneventfully, only the sound of a distant owl ever so often disturbs your slumber.

As you exit the Ol’ Boar Inn stepping out into the light of day, very few people are on the streets this morning. You head first south and then begin to turn onto Old Road, to head for the Sunless Citadel. You know the journey is 7 miles along the road and expect to arrive at around noon, giving plenty of daylight hours remaining.

An old gnome hag meets you at the corner Perception DC 10 [/spoiler] the same lady at the mayors speech who covered her mouth approaches you [/spoiler]

”For some spare change I ken tell yah what tha fates have in store for yah.”

The old gnome holds out her hand with the palm up and cupped waiting for some money……

Berry, who had been skipping along with the party singing off key stops and stares...


HP 50 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,

Xane, who had been striding along confidently, smiles and kneels. Thereby bringing her six foot frame down to a more even level with the Gnome,

Perception:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Wis Check:1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13

"Sure! Here you go, Granny!" Xane says as she drops a silver into the Gnome woman's hand.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

”Tha fates ask can that dog fly? If not then she will fall.”

”Do you wish to know more?”

Holds out her hand again…


HP 50 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,

Xane looks around,

Perception:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

"Um..what dog?" She asks.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

"Tha fates ask if any dog ken fly?"

"An warn tha dog will fall!"

Continues to hold our her hand a bit more insistently...

Please check out the ooc thread....


HP 50 / 59,AC 18, Perc:+6,Init:+2,Fort:+6,Ref:+2,Wil:+0,

Xane continues to look around for a bit for any dog,

"Um....how about a winged dog?" She asks a little dumbly.

Um...linky? I can't seem to find it? >_>


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Linked

The woman continues to hold out her hand....

1 to 50 of 3,670 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ashardaldon Series - Unoptimized KK All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.