Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Ascension of Eight (Inactive)

Game Master Arkwright

Eight will be imprisoned. Eight will find a new destiny. The Eight will topple Cheliax.


1,851 to 1,883 of 1,883 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>

M Magus(Tovenaar) 3rd AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 BAB +4 CMB +4 CMD +6 F/R/W 5/3/5 HP 24 Init +2

"We've naught to fear, is our seeming. Have we carried aught worth fighting for? Play the ruse, until we see what we're against."

Shadow Lodge

Male Drow Wizard/3

Mirrender is wearing his "Noble's Outfit" and mask. It is ostentatious, with purples and gold adorning it conspicuously. He has an overabundance of jewelry and a signet ring clearly showing over his purple gloves. His rapier is clearly masterwork, having been made out of an exotic metal. Those with enough knowledge can easily tell that it is made from the star-metal known as Adamantium. Overall he looks like someone designed to draw attention ... trying not to draw attention.

Just like a nobleman would.

He stands close to Mel. It's mostly out of habit, however those who observed would probably think (incorrectly) that there was some sort of relationship there.

His answer to the questions asked was rather straightforward -- and, especially for a Drow, rather impulsive. He pulled his Rapier, scabbard and all, from its hangar and knocked on the door with its hilt. He then properly replaced his rapier on its hangar and awaited the answer.


After barely a moment, the door glides smoothly inwards, revealing a brightly-lit receiving room. The room is cosy but of a decent size, with walls of rich wood and fine white marble. Hung upon the walls are portraits and paintings of nature and Egorian, some quite old. The room contains a number of doors, one of them embossed with gold trim. Lighting is provided by old cast iron lamps upon the wall; there are no windows. Behind a similarly white marble desk lined with books stands a beautiful woman with long blonde hair teased expensively into curls and strands, clad in a white robe. She wears earrings of silver and precious stones, but no rings. She greets you with a calm and welcoming smile.

"Sirs, madams, welcome to the Silver Harlot. Might I see your passes?"

Andoran

Jelani produces his pass, handing over without comment.


Receptionist

The lady takes your proffered coin and examines it carefully. She rests it on a set of scales on her desk before looking back up to you, nearly beaming. "A pleasure to have you here. My name is Ann, and on behalf of Mistress Emirat I welcome you. Now, might I assume this is your first visit? Please, allow me to outline your Harlot experience." She points towards the gold-embossed door. "The Harlot consists of this great old mansion, converted into a palace of delights for gentlebeings such as yourselves. Behind each silver door is a maid or lad ready to grant you unthought of pleasures. You have free passage through the Harlot, and through any gold or silver doors; golden doors such as this one denote corridors or dressing rooms. We only ask that you respect any signs that indicate a room is currently in use, and that you avoid any doors not so embossed."

Ringing a small bell, one of the unmarked doors opens to reveal a hulking man, shaved of all hair, clad in robes with a thick rope belt around his waist. He inclines his head to you all and does not speak. Ann continues "At the Harlot, we safeguard our client's interests and person with guards like this man. Should any intruders attempt to break in or, gods forbidding, any customer is found in an unauthorized area, these fellows will secure the person and remove them from the premises." Pointing, the man follows her order and leaves.

Ann's smile dims slightly and she continues "Finally, I must warn you; behind a single onyx-studded locked door lies the private quarters of my mistress. Any attempts to force or otherwise open the door without the proper key will result in a most painful death..." She lets that sink in for a moment before brightening. "But that is not the purpose of your visit here today. Please, enjoy all the wonders the Harlot has to offer you. A dressing room can be found through that door to the right, and a cavalcade of erotic wonders beyond." Bowing her head to you, she finishes with "Please enjoy your visit to the Harlot."


Male Human Rogue/ 1|Hp 9/9 |AC 16 |T 14 | FF 12| CMB +2 | CMD 16 | F +1|R +1 | W +1| Init +3| Per +7|

"Being told there is an area I can't go is a sure-fire way to make me want to go there. I didn't come here to sample just any run of the mill floozy. I expect the best. You, I think are second best, Ann. Your mistress, who hides herself away, must be the the finest courtesan in all Egorian. I would like to meet her."

Taurven gives Ann a sly smile and wink. "So how about that key?"

The bard watches Ann closely to see if she inadvertently betrays the location of said key.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23


Ann smiles back at you. "I fear I am but a humble student in the arts of pleasure; true masters and mistresses reside behind these doors, I promise you. You may be correct in your surmise that the mistress of this place is the most skilled of us; but I confess I have no knowledge of that."

"As for that key, it is not in my possession. I would strongly advise you, sir, not to go seeking for it in your travels."

She's telling the truth about everything she has said.


M Magus(Tovenaar) 3rd AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 BAB +4 CMB +4 CMD +6 F/R/W 5/3/5 HP 24 Init +2

Gunser had glowered behind Taurven while the bard opened with some careless disdain. Glowered, not at the girl Ann, but at Taurven. Aye, the boy had every right not to 'sample' the 'second-best floozy', but Gunser didn't know of any service nor station which granted the right to say it that way. If Gunser hadn't been out of reach, he might have reflexively cuffed the lad, but the old sailor's station near Mel saved them all that additional embarrassment.

When eventually he passed her, he paused to say to Ann, "Thank you for your grace, Ann. Excitement's drawn the blood from his good manners. You may've had worse, but you surely deserve better."

Andoran

Jelani just nods, smiles and walks through the door Ann mentioned to the right, into the dressing room.

Shadow Lodge

Male Drow Wizard/3

It is impossible to tell Mirrender's reaction behind the mask, however his posture never changed. He waited for Gunser's apology -- and Ann's reaction to it -- before speaking.

"Mistresses of culture, or so I've been told. Say ... the songs and literature of a thousand nations?"


Map time! Give me an hour or two and I'll assemble it.


Human (Chelaxian) Ranger-1/Oracle-2

A little uncomfortable in such surroundings, he stays behind the group following there lead.


Map
No need to place yourselves on the map yet, just describe what you're doing and what skill checks you are making.

I also would like to make one addition to Ann's dialogue.

"Access to our top and lower areas is, I am afraid, restricted to our Electrum members. If you would be interested in purchasing such status for yourself after your visit today, please do so."

Just saying this as I want the Harlot to be bigger than my mapmaking skills can account for.


The dressing room provides everything one would require in... a... dressing room. I'm not sure what to describe, so let me just state the following words which would be included in such a description of the dressing room: Rich, opulent, luxurious, velvet, oak, spacious, sumptuous, lavish, extravagant.

Several paintings line the walls, but pride of place is a small portrait of a young beautiful woman with black hair and pale skin wearing rich clothes and a veil half-shadowing her face. Beneath it is an inscription- 'Analice Fandor, 4th Mistress of the Silver Harlot'.

Andoran

Jelani waits in the dressing room admiring the paintings until the others filter in.


M Magus(Tovenaar) 3rd AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 BAB +4 CMB +4 CMD +6 F/R/W 5/3/5 HP 24 Init +2
GM Arkwright wrote:

Map

No need to place yourselves on the map yet, just describe what you're doing and what skill checks you are making.

I also would like to make one addition to Ann's dialogue.

"Access to our top and lower areas is, I am afraid, restricted to our Electrum members. If you would be interested in purchasing such status for yourself after your visit today, please do so."

Just saying this as I want the Harlot to be bigger than my mapmaking skills can account for.

Gunser is wearing a good-natured smirk as he embarassedly observes, "I'm guessing, you'd mean, the building? Miss?"


Ann pauses for a moment then claps her hand over her mouth, trapping a girlish chuckle. "Oh my... yes, sir, tis what I meant."


Male Tiefling Alchemist/3

Meanwhile, at the Hall of Justice (a.k.a. the Defiance):

"So, while they're off at the brothel," the tiefling says, tinkering with a vial of what looks like stagnant water, "what should we be doing? Anyone want to go shopping? I can always use more reagents..." His tail flicks, as though agitated, and rubs a spot of dust from the vial.

Because I'm bored, mostly. ;)


M Human Gunslinger (Musket Master)3
Stats:
Int: +6; AC: 19/ Touch 15/ FF 14; Hp's 31; Perc: +9; Fort: +5; Ref: +7; Will: +4

"I'll tag along. Don't wanna get caught alone out there in this place, Blast. Let me get my gun." Casey goes and retrieves said item, makes sure it's loaded, and returns. He adjusts his hat out of habit and places a fresh toothpick in his mouth. "Alrigh'. I'm ready."

Shadow Lodge

Male Drow Wizard/3

What are the Brown Doors?

Mirrender looks around and, before leaving Ann, asks:

"Do you have a ... 'maid' that is skilled in song craft available? And, erm, what ... gratuities are customary here?"

Should Mel leave, he will follow her.


The brown doors are the ones you are not allowed to enter.
Sorry, gratuities? Do you mean tips?

Andoran

He means how do we pay the whores, or when or in general how that works.


Ann smiles. "Virtually all tastes can be satisfied at the Harlot. So as not to inconvenience our customers with money, all of our staff are paid from the fees non-trial customers give for our services here."


Male Human Rogue/ 1|Hp 9/9 |AC 16 |T 14 | FF 12| CMB +2 | CMD 16 | F +1|R +1 | W +1| Init +3| Per +7|

Taurven follows Jelani into the dressing room. looking about, he spots the brown door on the left.

"Might as well start work here." Taurven gives the brown door a close examination, to see if he can spot the alarm mechanism that the door must surely have. Of course the Bard has no means to disable any traps he finds...

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26


Taurven makes a rather interesting discovery- the door is sound-proofed. A quick inspection finds that all doors in the building are similarly built. He detects no visible alarm or trap in the door's design. There is no keyhole.

Andoran

Jelani moves close to Tauvren and laying a hand on his shoulder says quietly, "Remind me, is this a recon mission or an assault team? I'm feeling very out of place here." His eyes wander queasily over the opulent room.


Male Human Rogue/ 1|Hp 9/9 |AC 16 |T 14 | FF 12| CMB +2 | CMD 16 | F +1|R +1 | W +1| Init +3| Per +7|

"Wish I knew. I was thinking we were doing the assault, but we forgot to bring the whole team." Taurven shrugs. " I played the part of a snotty noble, which would indicate that it is a recon. Plus you left your hammer at home. That is a strong indication of a covert, and quiet mission, for sure."

Turning to Mirrender, he says: "It's either locked on the other side, or by magic. Taurven looks amused. "Or it swings freely, and they just hope we are the sort of people who obey signs."


There's a doorknob, but again no lock or keyhole.

Shadow Lodge

Male Drow Wizard/3

"Hmmm ..." Mirrender says, concentrating on the surroundings, "I'm willing to bet there is plenty of magic here. Let me see what I can discern without the guards getting upset."

Mirrender begins concentrating ...

Detect Magic. Will use Spellcraft on any magic that he finds to figure out what it is. Will check several doors.


Mirrender's arcane divinations are blocked, and he detects no magic other than that which is carried by the party.

K. Arcana DC 10: This is odd, as it should take more than a single door to block Detect Magic.


M Magus(Tovenaar) 3rd AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 BAB +4 CMB +4 CMD +6 F/R/W 5/3/5 HP 24 Init +2

Sure enough of Mirrender's guardianship of Mel, or at least seeing no discomfort from her, Gunser sets a weather eye on Ann. "How many folk herein are at hand? I've a knee, rather'd not walk your stairs and halls, more than was need. How many lasses, (it'd be a lass) and how many o' them bullish fellows to glower at me in between?"


"Here at the Harlot it is our policy I am afraid to have the true number of our lovely ladies and boys be confidential. But I can say that we have over fifty beautiful courtesans here for your pleasure at this time. And sir fear not, the ground floor is the smallest of our levels. And I am afraid my mistress has commanded me to say nothing about the numbers of our devoted guards."

Shadow Lodge

Male Drow Wizard/3

It's impossible for me to fail a DC 10 KS: Arcana. Roll: KS:Arcana: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

1,851 to 1,883 of 1,883 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Wolfman DM's Golarion Sandbox. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.