Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Ascension of Eight (Inactive)

Game Master Arkwright

Eight will be imprisoned. Eight will find a new destiny. The Eight will topple Cheliax.


1,001 to 1,050 of 1,883 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Shadow Lodge

Male Drow Wizard/3

Mirrender shrugged.

"The streets are just as dangerous to me as the sewers" he replied, "Maybe a little more so. I'm good either way, but I will suggest that the pub mentioned in the 'emergency escape' may not be too fond of seeing us ... and will most likely tell someone of our presence that we would rather not have find out we were here just yet."


M Magus(Tovenaar) 3rd AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 BAB +4 CMB +4 CMD +6 F/R/W 5/3/5 HP 24 Init +2
GM Arkwright wrote:

So, options.

-Centre door, emblazoned with 'DO NOT ENTER'- the bars have been severed so they no longer block passage but there is still a hefty lock; you'll need a Disable Device check or to start bashing.
-Right door, partially pushed in by something
-Left door, locked but no padlock.
-Turning wheel, rusty so it'll take a hefty strength check to turn.
-Turn back.

"Well then, whatever's pushin' on that door, it's not gonna help us get home. And we'd rather not be breakin' a lock we might want later. Either of 'em. We'll have the knowin' of this room, me hearties. But we'll sail on, today."

Gunser goes back down the tunnels, back the way the party had come.


Male Human Rogue/ 1|Hp 9/9 |AC 16 |T 14 | FF 12| CMB +2 | CMD 16 | F +1|R +1 | W +1| Init +3| Per +7|

"Aye, the streets are mean in this town. Best we not face them with depleted strength."

Taurven sighs. "It really has been a long day. A mug or three of ale would truly hit the spot.."

Taurven turns and trots after Gunser. The half-elf still has the long, wicked-sharp dagger, in his fist. He does not let down his guard. The fight with the rats had been noisy, who knew what sort of thing may have heard the racket, and been drawn to the area.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13


Male Tiefling Alchemist/3

Blast takes a look at the bars and lock, then sighs as Gunser and Taurven turn back. "I agree, it might be time to call it a rest, regroup with Valerio and all. We can always come back tomorrow, presumably. And," the tiefling adds to no one in particular as he follows the sailor and bard, "I'd like to--I'd be interested to see just what one of my mixtures does when placed in, on, or near a lock..."

Andoran

Jelani will give the right-hand door a hefty shove/pull to try and open it.

Strength check 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22


The wood is warped but Jelani's pull is enough to swing it open with an enormous *CREAAAAAAAKKKKKK*. Behind it is revealed a big-ass boulder, as wide and twice as tall as Jelani, leaning forward about to run over you all before the doorframe stops it. Beneath the boulder are two corpses, rat-chewed bone and tattered rags. You hear no sound coming from behind the boulder, and you can barely see a passage similar to the one you came through behind it.


M Magus(Tovenaar) 3rd AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 BAB +4 CMB +4 CMD +6 F/R/W 5/3/5 HP 24 Init +2

"Well now, and here I was thinkin' all the sewage in the world was what'd bowed that door... So, if this is the Gob's door, that other one's not. And if this rock fell after them other doors were set..."

Gunser crouches and examines the corpses. "Mister Jared, Mister Tonir, beg your pardons, sirs. We've a need here, and when we've had it, I'll see that what I can gather of you gets respects." Pausing a moment, as though to allow for reply, Gunser then speaks in a more normal tone, "Rat'll chew flesh, but might leave a key...", he says, probing gently at the bones.


On each corpse you find a key which looks like it will fit the lock on the center door.


M Magus(Tovenaar) 3rd AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 BAB +4 CMB +4 CMD +6 F/R/W 5/3/5 HP 24 Init +2

"Gentlemen, thank you much.", Gunser says respectfully. He compares the two keys in the available light, walking to the door.

"Well, if some grand stone comes to bash me to flinders, do me the honor of followin' up with Jared and Tonir...", he says. He tosses a key to Aleksandyr, and puts the other into the lock, and turns it.

Shadow Lodge

Male Drow Wizard/3

Mirrender turns to follow, but stops when he sees what Jelani is up to. The boulder is an interesting sight, and it gets Mirrender's thoughts churning.

"Well, that's about what Goblin Engineering can manage" he says to no one in particular, "but if that was Kobolds on the other side of the door, that would be trouble."

Hearing Gunser's warning, Mirrender draws his rapier once again and steps in front of Mellany, in the "guard position", ready to protect her -- should such a thing be needed.

Andoran

I'll have to admit I'm slightly confused, but lets go with the locked door then.

Jelani stands hammer ready, as Gunser opens the locked door.


M Magus(Tovenaar) 3rd AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 BAB +4 CMB +4 CMD +6 F/R/W 5/3/5 HP 24 Init +2

Also confused, I'm just rolling with the tossing of the deck, like any good sailor. :)


Male Human Rogue/ 1|Hp 9/9 |AC 16 |T 14 | FF 12| CMB +2 | CMD 16 | F +1|R +1 | W +1| Init +3| Per +7|

Taurven turns when he hears the splintering sound as Jelani burst open the swollen door. He follows dutifully along, ready with dagger and song as the situation seems to call for...


The key fits the lock and with a sharp SNAP it falls off. Slowly the door swings open, revealing...

Nothing.

Well, not quite nothing. Bringing the torch closer lets some light into a cosy little room, less dusty than the rest of the sewer as it has clearly been locked tight. There are three or four comfy sofas big enough to lie in and four quite soft ship cots strapped to the wall. Cut-out pinups of humans, elfs and the like in provocative poses cover the walls and a few empty pots of beer sit in the corners.

Another notice board adorns the wall, containing messages such as-

"I say again, NO PETS! It was hard enough sneaking those couches in here, I'm not sneaking them out to get piss cleaned out!"

About eleven notices all on the theme of "We're out of beer, it's Jared/Tonir/Blot/Elare/etc's turn to get it!"

"Whoever plugged up the holes the rats were coming through, I'll give you a night at the Lily. I think this is the only hole in this maze that isn't covered with those pricks!"

"Guys I know some of you are running double shifts and need some sleep, but for the love of the gods, KEEP YOUR SNORING DOWN! Last time we had an inspector outside and I had to claim there were pipes rubbing against eachother in the walls making that terrible rasping sound!"

"Last night Troaly's wife was clubbed to death after she got in the way of some lord or princeling. I know how this makes some of you feel but those guys can have every one of us fried to cinders and fed to the fishes with one wave of their finger. A collection for Troaly will go around tomorrow."


M Magus(Tovenaar) 3rd AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 BAB +4 CMB +4 CMD +6 F/R/W 5/3/5 HP 24 Init +2

This whole post can be vetoed by Mel's player.

GM Arkwright wrote:

The key fits the lock and with a sharp SNAP it falls off. Slowly the door swings open, revealing...

Cut-out pinups of humans, elfs and the like in provocative poses cover the walls and a few empty pots of beer sit in the corners.

Eyes sweeping the room, Gunser says, "Ah, Miss, you might not want to..." His eyes still in the room he puts an open hand behind him, a warding gesture, that runs aground on unexpected warmth. Turning, he sees Mellany, and stammers, "...ah. Um..." Lowering the misfortuned hand, Gunser says, "Oh. I... I'll be over here.", and retreats to a corner of the room, and eventually the bar, seeking recomfiture in reasoned reconnaisance.

Anything here but drinkin' and chillin' tools? Another key, perhaps?


Male Tiefling Alchemist/3

Blast smirks at the posters in the room, and chuckles aloud at Gunser's reaction. "You think this is bad, Gunser? I'd have thought a sailor like you would be used to this sort of thing. And you ought to have seen some of the rooms back at the Academy..." The tiefling shakes his head and moves into the room, searching for anything of interest--other than the decor, of course.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


'This whole post can be vetoed by Mel's player.'- eh?

There's a small jar on a table filled with about fifteen silver pieces, and on a hook on the wall there is a small set of about six keys.


M Magus(Tovenaar) 3rd AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 BAB +4 CMB +4 CMD +6 F/R/W 5/3/5 HP 24 Init +2

Veto topic, answer in Discuss

What do the keys go to? Any match the door lock?


"What wouldn't I want to see?" Mellany asks intrigued. "Another body, rat guts... Oh, I posed for something like those once." She wanders into the room and starts looking at the posters. "These are a bit cruder... I mean in execution, not content. Although the breasts on this poor girl, if they're that big, she's got constant back pain."


The keys are varied, but one seems to match the two doors on the left and right.


M Magus(Tovenaar) 3rd AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 BAB +4 CMB +4 CMD +6 F/R/W 5/3/5 HP 24 Init +2

Gunser begins a low chuckle that builds to a laugh. "Say, how's the half-elf, Prayerful? I think it's a really bad idea, but a funny one. We wake him up here, with the door closed, and cosh him out again before takin' him anywhere else. If he does go back, he'll have the tale of how cush our digs are." Gunser laughs again. "Ah, but it's more trouble than the lark of it."


"And just how is he supposed to lead his pals back here if we club him, Captain? We could just leave him to wake up in here."


M Magus(Tovenaar) 3rd AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 BAB +4 CMB +4 CMD +6 F/R/W 5/3/5 HP 24 Init +2

"Oh, I'd keep the where of this place a secret. I just wouldn't mind showin' him the how of this place, seemed a grand joke. But for now, I suppose we're best movin' on again. Couple minutes for the Sight and pokin' in corners, then we'll try our keys in that other door."

Shadow Lodge

Male Drow Wizard/3

"Very crude" Mirrender replied, "one should take time with art."

Mirrender looked around, taking his good-old time to do so. Curiouser and curiouser ...

"Do you think these belong to brigands or rebels?"

Taking 20 on perception ... for a grand total of 22 IIRC LOL!

Andoran

Jelani will take the time to carefully search the whole chamber to make sure they miss nothing.

Taking 20 for a 25 on Perception to search for hidden items/doors etc.


Jelani and Mirrender very very carefully scrutinize EVERY single detail of the room...

But find nothing interesting. Well, apart from a few tombacco butts.


M Magus(Tovenaar) 3rd AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 BAB +4 CMB +4 CMD +6 F/R/W 5/3/5 HP 24 Init +2

"Come on, lads. It's an Odd Fellows Hall. And right well suited to raidin' on them as might needs it. But for now, we sail on."

Shadow Lodge

Male Drow Wizard/3

Mirrender looks to Gunser.

"A what?"

[ooc]Player has no clue either! *lol*[/b]


M Magus(Tovenaar) 3rd AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 BAB +4 CMB +4 CMD +6 F/R/W 5/3/5 HP 24 Init +2

"Odd Fellows Hall. Where Odd Fellows might gather. Place neither bosses nor missuses know to find ya, and ye'r among friends. 'Cept these odd fellows, they lost two of their own, and... Well, I'm a damn fool."

Gunser takes a blanket from one of the cots. Then he starts to leave, then turns to get a second blanket. He goes to carefully gather the bones, as best he can, from the boulder room. Careful to try and have each man's bones remain unmixed. He'll then wrap them in the blankets, and put them at the bar. Then he sees if there's still any thing to drink in here, and toasts them on their way.

"Me hearties, drink here now, to Jared and Tonir, back in their comforts in this world, and bound for their comforts in the next."


Male Human Rogue/ 1|Hp 9/9 |AC 16 |T 14 | FF 12| CMB +2 | CMD 16 | F +1|R +1 | W +1| Init +3| Per +7|

"Shelyn grant their souls a song for the afterlife." Taurven grins and winks at Gunser. "I'll drink a toast, to their no doubt, fine service in the cause of sanitary maintenance. Once we find that tavern."
Taurven gestures to the final door. "What might be? Behind door number three."


Mellany laughs gently at Tauvern's comments. "When I was very young, a priest of Shelyn once told me you can't have civilization without sewers. These poor men were some of the real builders of this city. It's a sign of what Cheliax has fallen to that a bunch of goblins could drive them from their 'club'."

She then shakes her head and scratches Cat behind the ears. "Just listen to me. How'd I get so serious all of a sudden? Let's get going. Only way to find out what's on the other side is to open the door."

Andoran

Jelani, knowing that none of them have the skill to pick locks will say, "Stand back." before bringing his hammer to bear on the door.

Damage 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (2, 2) + 9 = 13
Damage 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (5, 5) + 9 = 19
Damage 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (2, 1) + 9 = 12
Damage 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (4, 4) + 9 = 17
Damage 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (1, 4) + 9 = 14
Damage 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (2, 1) + 9 = 12


M Magus(Tovenaar) 3rd AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 BAB +4 CMB +4 CMD +6 F/R/W 5/3/5 HP 24 Init +2

Would it be possible to stop Jelani at some point? And show him the ring of keys?

Shadow Lodge

Male Drow Wizard/3

Just thinking the same thing

Andoran

>_<* Please do. For some reason it didn't register that we had multiple keys. Sorry!


M Magus(Tovenaar) 3rd AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 BAB +4 CMB +4 CMD +6 F/R/W 5/3/5 HP 24 Init +2
Jelani wrote:

Jelani, knowing that none of them have the skill to pick locks will say, "Stand back." before bringing his hammer to bear on the door.

"Here.", Gunser says, stepping up rather than standing back, and showing Jelani the handful of keys they'd gathered. "It's less satisfyin', I'll grant you..."

When it was clear Jelani wasn't about to smear Gunser over the door with his great hammer, Gunser turned, and tried the various keys against the lock.


One of the keys fits the lock and the door swings open; not by much, but it swings open. You've found a small.. alcove? Vertical tunnel? Something of the sort. There is a rusty ladder in the center reaching up about ten meters; you think you can see a manhole of some sort. It looks like one of the sort that slides along rather than falling inward or pushing outward.


M Magus(Tovenaar) 3rd AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 BAB +4 CMB +4 CMD +6 F/R/W 5/3/5 HP 24 Init +2

"Well. let's be sure we tidy up behind us. Rare as traffic seems, we'd rather not tell the tale of our comings and goings, by our leavings."

Gunser closes any doors we've opened, generally trying to make things as we found them. (Save for taking the keys with us, and leaving Jared and Tonir in the pub)

"That's a fair chance of daylight, up there. Might be we're happier if we take the minutes now to be less covered in sewer and blood and such. Any magicks to that end?"

Once any preparations have been made, Gunser will remind whoever's going first to let the climbing rope go up and secure itself, in case the ladder has aged unwell.


"Personally I never thought to use my Craft where soap and water would work as well," Mellany replies with a smile. I suppose I never thought about situations where soap and water were scarce. Guess I've just been a non-sewer exploring city girl until now. Maybe I'll learn a trick or two along those lines later."


M Magus(Tovenaar) 3rd AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 BAB +4 CMB +4 CMD +6 F/R/W 5/3/5 HP 24 Init +2

"Sometimes, everything's plentiful but time, or the lie of never havin' been dirty at all. And here I thought it was what finger-wigglers like most, not havin' all the little bits of work us muggles are always about."

When the cleanup is done or not going to happen, Gunser will head up the ladder, unless someone else goes first. He remembers the rope...


As you approach the manhole, you start smelling a familiar smell similar and yet different from the usual sewer smell. It's not a nice smell...


M Magus(Tovenaar) 3rd AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 BAB +4 CMB +4 CMD +6 F/R/W 5/3/5 HP 24 Init +2

Ah!

"I'm thinkin' I'll not open this just yet...", Gunser says down the ladder. He touches the metal to gauge its temperature, then sets an ear against it, listening carefully.

Perception+2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Dungeoneering+7 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

"Mister Hammer. Would you be so kind as to return to that wheel, and see if it might be turned at all? Now, I want to be plain as day, here... I don't want it turned much, I only want it turned the merest hair, to see if it's this hatch, or the flow behind it, that the wheel controls."


The lid isn't especially warm or cool. You can't smell much as the hole is basically watertight. You don't see any signs or warnings or... whatever might indicate that there is a pipe behind this lid.

Shadow Lodge

Male Drow Wizard/3

Mirrender spoke a low mystic chant. Moments later his clothing began to straighten itself out, the blood disappeared, and the smell that was clinging to the Drow dissipated. His clothing was clean and pressed, he smelled 'nice', and his hair was now (of course) perfect. (Prestidigitation)

He then turned to Mellany.

"Would you like any special scent? The Nuns at the orphanage were rather fond of Lilacs for some reason. I can warm you up a little as well if you'd like ..."

Mirrender will offer to everyone else after Mellany. Feel free to role play that. He can't do anything too fancy, but you'll be clean and clean smelling.


M Magus(Tovenaar) 3rd AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 BAB +4 CMB +4 CMD +6 F/R/W 5/3/5 HP 24 Init +2

"How're you with rust, Mirry? Anything you might do to help that wheel turn by degrees and not broad sweeps?"


Male Human Rogue/ 1|Hp 9/9 |AC 16 |T 14 | FF 12| CMB +2 | CMD 16 | F +1|R +1 | W +1| Init +3| Per +7|

(Chuckle) Jelani forgot we have keys, and now everyone forgot we have a handy magic rope. Including me. I was combing back to figure where we might know the worser smell from. Didn't find that, but did see the bit where we picked up the rope.

"Neat trick, that." Taurven tells Mirrender. "I could tell you a joke, that might make you soil yourself, but useful cleaning magic, like that, is not in my power." Taurven shrugs. "Cept the old fashioned way... Scrubbing with soap and water."

Andoran

"Sure." Jelani says, walking over to the wheel and attempting to turn it a little bit.

Strength check 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Just waiting for Gunser to get covered in poo now. Hehehe.


Jelani's massive biceps manage to turn the wheel, letting out a rusty *SHRIEEEEKKKKKK*... but nothing happens.
Gunser is still facing a sliding manhole with a gripping bar underneath to pull it with.

Andoran

"Nothing huh? Let me try some more.

Strength check 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


M Magus(Tovenaar) 3rd AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 BAB +4 CMB +4 CMD +6 F/R/W 5/3/5 HP 24 Init +2

"That'll do, Hammer. Set it back as it was, and we'll try this. Hadn't seen this handle, here..."

Gunser waits for Jelani to join the rest, and tentatively tries to slide the manhole.

1,001 to 1,050 of 1,883 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Wolfman DM's Golarion Sandbox. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.