Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Ascension of Eight (Inactive)

Game Master Arkwright

Eight will be imprisoned. Eight will find a new destiny. The Eight will topple Cheliax.


701 to 750 of 1,883 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>

Male Human Rogue/ 1|Hp 9/9 |AC 16 |T 14 | FF 12| CMB +2 | CMD 16 | F +1|R +1 | W +1| Init +3| Per +7|

Taurven:
Hey, Bob. Fancy running across you here.
Taurven shrugs. It's a bit chilly today, what could bring a young fellow, such as yourself, out away from the hearth?
Seems like only folk with pressing business, would be out today, if they didn't have to.

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-elf Magus

Taurven:
Bob is not amused and grabs you by the arm, pulling you into the alley. "What's this I hear about you tailing a gang of tail-takers of all people? Did you even realize you were being watched? Not all of us street kids are on your side, you know." For emphasis, without looking, Bob reaches out and grabs another arm as a kid passes by the alley; dragging him in with you, Bob kicks him in the balls and slaps him across the cheek. "Piss off, Slitely. Thus un's with me."

Leaving your follower lying on the ground groaning quietly, Bob leads you further along the alley. "So, mind telling me what you were thinking, venturing 'cross this great ol' city of ours without Bob to guide you?"


Male Human Rogue/ 1|Hp 9/9 |AC 16 |T 14 | FF 12| CMB +2 | CMD 16 | F +1|R +1 | W +1| Init +3| Per +7|

Taurven:
I pretty sure we asked for your help, earlier, Bob. It's a job that needs doing, with or without your help.

Taurven grins and ruffles Bob's hair. Plus, I like you Bob. These people don't pull their punches. I'd hate to see you get hurt.


Male Varisian Fighter 2 Cad Archetype

"I can see you're a busy man, so I won't waste your time."
Valerio gently closes the door, and then throws the bolt shut with a violent heave, locking himself in with Atkins. He turns abruptly and drops the routine. "I'm not really a Paralictor. You should have known that, Geezer, they don't knock!"
How did this old man alert the gang?
Perception
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Valerio waits to see how Geezer responds before continuing

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-elf Magus

Valerio:
The old man erupts into a swearing, cursing fury, vainly trying to shove you out of his home.

Roll me intimidate, bluff or anything else you can think of to make him give up that information. There's nothing immediately apparent.

Taurven:
Bob pushes away your hand with a seemingly embarrassed shrug but he seems pleased. "So, where do you want to go now?" he asks as you turn a corner.


M Magus(Tovenaar) 3rd AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 BAB +4 CMB +4 CMD +6 F/R/W 5/3/5 HP 24 Init +2

"Well, that turns the glass.", Gunser said just after the Rider left. "If he's to bring them here, it'll be soon. Best sail before that tide..."

"Blast, Miss, one or both of you, those oddments, bundle them away, or learn what you might quickly, if battle's coming. But be ready to go."

"Prayerful, how deep was that hole? To the sewers? See what you might, or perhaps Blast's eyes are better. Then set the trap again, we all know it, they might not."

"Hammer, I saw you walk about the place, was there another out? Or in? Or aught else?"

To no one in particular, he mused, "Them as left, we'll have to meet at the Place."

Looking at the half-elf, Gunser lamented, "And there's still the matter of you..."


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Paladin 2

Aleksandyr produced an ever burning torch from his pack and walked over to the trap hole. He took a knee and held the torch over the hole and peered down into it. He didn't think it went down so far as to the sewers, however.

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


Male Varisian Fighter 2 Cad Archetype

Valerio reveals his flail and stares menacingly at Geezer for a second before speaking.
Intimidate
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

"Is that any way to treat a guest?"

Using the above perception roll can I get an idea of the furnishings and Atkin's general level of wealth? It will help me to determine how much to offer him if I pay him off.


Male Human Rogue/ 1|Hp 9/9 |AC 16 |T 14 | FF 12| CMB +2 | CMD 16 | F +1|R +1 | W +1| Init +3| Per +7|

Taurven:
We still need to find out what Nasty Gnome, and his lot are up to. I can only assume: no good. They may be stalking our friends. If they are, I want to come up behind them. If not, I still want to learn their habits. Know your enemy, right Bob?

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-elf Magus

The pit is so deep you are unable to see the bottom; you make out however that about five feet down there is the beginning of rungs.

Valerio:
After looking around, you decide that Atkin is completely dirt poor. When he sees your flail he starts back a bit and starts awkwardly cowering.

Taurven:
Bob hesitates for a moment and nods. "I'll put someone on it; they'll follow them to wherever they're going. We shouldn' try it, they or someone'll spot us and that'll be it for us."


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Paladin 2

"Shall we draw straws...?"

Aleksandyr chuckled as he drew attention to the rungs that led down into the trap hole. He waved the torch over the hole a few more times before he stood and then climbed down into the hole while holding the torch into one hand. He looked down and said, "Keep an eye open and be ready..."

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-elf Magus

As you descend down the tunnel, the stench of mortal remains grows until you reach the bottom and find a collection of about four corpses and twice that many skeletons.

Perception, please.


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Paladin 2

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

"By the Inheritor's mercy!" Aleksandyr exclaimed with a look of shock on his face. He stood there as he moved to avoid the remains of since dead men and women who had taken a long fall. He waved the torch to light up the area...


"Are you alright, Aleks?" Mellany calls from the top of the pit.

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-elf Magus

There is something odd about the bodies but you cannot tell what. You notice that, against the west wall, there is a small opening near the flaw; tall enough for a prone man to slide under.


Male Human Rogue/ 1|Hp 9/9 |AC 16 |T 14 | FF 12| CMB +2 | CMD 16 | F +1|R +1 | W +1| Init +3| Per +7|

Taurven:
Alright, we'll go find Valerio. Make sure he's OK.
Taurven puts his jacket, on the right way. Gonna have to go on another shopping spree, Bob. there's clothes that are made to be turned inside out; completely different color on the inside. Then maybe a wig, or a different hat and boom! Whole new you.

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-elf Magus

Spoiler:
"I prefer to have no one looking for me so I don't have to fuss about being noticed." Bob says with a smile.


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Paladin 2

"Come down here, I've found something," Aleksandyr called up the trap door. He approached the wall and took a knee to flash the torch into the hole. He narrowed his eyes and peered inside. "Be warned there are many poor souls resting down here..."

Andoran

"I'll keep an eye out up here for now."


M Magus(Tovenaar) 3rd AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 BAB +4 CMB +4 CMD +6 F/R/W 5/3/5 HP 24 Init +2
Jelani wrote:
"I'll keep an eye out up here for now."

"Good man", Gunser agrees. "If it's a way through, we'll call out. Careful our prisoners, and would you mystic types be sure to gather and catalog what's what, and be ready to go all in a sudden?"

Gunser uses his oar like a top rung to more easily get to the ladder rungs, then slings it over himself to climb down the ladder.

"Some of these aren't of any recent trappin'", Gunser observes.

perception +2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19


Male Varisian Fighter 2 Cad Archetype

Valerio gestures towards the simple matchstick table and chairs indicating the two should sit down. He dusts off the mostly unused seat, sits and takes a swig from his hip flask (oldlaw whiskey). He offers the flask to Geezer, and shoulders his flail. "I must say I love what you've done with this place, Atkins. And on such a tight budget too!" Valerio opens a small pouch on his belt and counts out 25gp placing it on the table between him and Geezer. "I have a few details I need sorted out. You interested?"

Valerio decends into small talk with Geezer. He wishes to understand the old man, what motivates him to help Kore's gang, and of course how he alerted the gnome to our presence earlier. Once he learns what he came to find out, he lets Geezer have liberal reign over the whiskey should the old man want it.

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-elf Magus

Gunser notices that while dessicated, all the corpses have been entirely drained of blood leaving their flesh a pasty whitish-yellow.

Atkins is initially suspicious but once you set out the gold- which he whisks away with the speed of a cobra- he happily starts babbling away.

Long story short, he's a true believer of Kore's; he thinks all tieflings are demon-scum and their very existence poisons the earth for decent hard-working folk. As for how he alerted the gnome, he just walked to the other side of the house and yelled down to a passing street kid he recognized who works for the gang.


Male Varisian Fighter 2 Cad Archetype

"I couldn't agree more Geezer. The scum on Egorian streets do indeed make it very difficult for the hard working."
Bluff
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
It's not a complete lie, Valerio is only referring to different scum.
Damn these kids.

That's all Valerio needed, so he says goodbye to his new pal Geezer Atkins.
"Geezer, in the future you may feel the need to talk about me. I won't be here to advise you against that, so you'll have to make that decision all on your own. Personally I don't care who you tell or what you say to them about me, but remember this:"
Valerio stands up and grabs the handle of his flail.
"If you keep quiet about our conversation, I'll never decide to come back up here and beat you to death."
Intimidate
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Valerio lets himself out, and quickly moves to the street, circling the building to get a look at these street urchins. He does his best to nonchalantly walk by, and heads to where he last saw the party.
Stealth
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Perception
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-elf Magus

Geezer buys every word you say.

One or two go by every five or ten minutes. You successfully make it to the tiefling couples' house; the guards have gotten tired of bothering you.


M Magus(Tovenaar) 3rd AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 BAB +4 CMB +4 CMD +6 F/R/W 5/3/5 HP 24 Init +2

"These have been bled. Like a bottle, emptied. It's wood, 'gainst vampires, right?", Gunser leaps to the layman's conclusion. But he looks closer at the corpses, and the skeletons. Did they fall here? Broken legs from the fall? Are they randomed, or arranged, or behaviored into sorts of clusters? "Don't they sleep on days? Are these such, the ones with flesh?"


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Paladin 2

He looked up once Gunser made his way down into the pit with him. He raised a brow with the mention of the bodies being bled dry. "Is that so? I think those are all dead but if you think vampires are the cause and not the fall they took, take a look into this hole. Maybe you could wiggle through before I attempt to get stuck...? Ever get the feeling something is on the other side?" The paladin's concerns were not misplaced as he didn't want to lose his head tryin to crawl into a serpent's hole. Someone a little more nimble was better off looking -- or smaller. He brought the torch back to illuminate the hole for Gunser.


"Hold on, guys. Before we go sticking our heads into places they may not belong, let's see if we can find something on the other side." Mellany uses her arcane lore to locate magic fields coming from the pit or the chute leading from the pit.

Detect Magic


M Magus(Tovenaar) 3rd AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 BAB +4 CMB +4 CMD +6 F/R/W 5/3/5 HP 24 Init +2

"Ain't you got a prayer or something, Prayerful? Same kinda hummin' Miss up there is doin'? Aye, I'll go firstmost. But all eyes open." Gunser looks up at Mel. "And while you're hummin', Miss, ponder if you will the swag we've plundered. In case we've need of it, sooner rather than later."

Once whatever Detects are going to be used are used, Gunser will carefully look ahead by the magic torchlight, then gingerly take the torch from Aleks, then laugh at his caution, and pop it into his mouth. Grinning at the paladin with glowing teeth, Gunser inches into, hopefully through, the hole.

Spreading out like peanut butter. Something is gonna bite.


Male Tiefling Alchemist/3

Sorry about the erratic posting, lately, guys. I've been having all sorts of crap IRL.

Blast also moves to descend the hole, after looking down with his eyes burning orange-red. Darkvision 60 ft, starts up the entire time they're going down the hole.

Blast recoils a little from the bodies, but he looks down at them curiously after Gunser's observation. "Hate to sound so typical," Blast says with a grin, "and I know I'm coming across pretty maniacal, but should we burn them?"


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Paladin 2

"In the basement of a house in the city," Aleksandyr asked with a sound of sarcasm. "Use your head, Blast, we'd burn down the entire city block. I'm afraid we're going to have to leave them here. The best we can do for them is inform a local church or another official anonymously. We can't be seen moving them, either, but I could at least offer prayer for their remains..." With a frown he just shook his head and leaned down to watch Gunser move into the hole.


Male Human Rogue/ 1|Hp 9/9 |AC 16 |T 14 | FF 12| CMB +2 | CMD 16 | F +1|R +1 | W +1| Init +3| Per +7|

So Taurven is trying to catch up with Valerio, at the old man's apartment. If he is not there, Taurven goes back to where he left the others. If they are not there, he goes back to the Hideout.

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-elf Magus

The bodies are splayed out with shattered legs and arms; they fell.

Mellany detects no magic other than that which is being carried by you all.

The thin passage is made of hard compacted dirt and extends twenty feet away from the hole.

With the torch and Blast's darkvision you make out a wide sewer passage. Map.

Taurven, you and Valerio make your way back to the hideout; because of the walking time you're a little ahead of us so you two can just converse while we finish with the pit.


M Magus(Tovenaar) 3rd AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 BAB +4 CMB +4 CMD +6 F/R/W 5/3/5 HP 24 Init +2

"Alright, we've a place to run, maybe. I'd have words with the half-elf, first. Better for us that he's told the gnome ordered him killed. One of you care to write that in a note? I'll tuck it in his breechclout, not likely even his friends find it there. Or I can slap him awake, maybe."

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-elf Magus

So, I may be wrong, but everyone has descended into the pit. The rungs only start 5ft from the top. Everyone trying to get up, roll be DC20 acrobatics to jump up to the top. If you miss the check, roll me a DC14 reflex save to grab the rungs before you fall into the pit onto the bodies.

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-elf Magus

Or you can wait a few minutes for Taurven and Valerio.


M Magus(Tovenaar) 3rd AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 BAB +4 CMB +4 CMD +6 F/R/W 5/3/5 HP 24 Init +2

Jelani said he was staying at the top. We'll leave that way, but he can help whoever get back up, first.

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-elf Magus

Ah okay. Hopefully he's got a rope?


M Magus(Tovenaar) 3rd AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 BAB +4 CMB +4 CMD +6 F/R/W 5/3/5 HP 24 Init +2

He's got a glaive, he can invert it, and hold it in the top rung, so a climber (Gunser) can stabilize and get close enough to the top to put an oar across the narrow hole, and climb out.

I do get that you want us down and trapped down. :) And we'll go there. But when it works in character. I'm not happy to be foolish in order to move forward. I know it can work out anyway, but if we rely on that, we might stop paying attention. Then bad things, or no things, happen.

Andoran

"Where does the hole go?"

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-elf Magus

I don't want you trapped down, I just want you fools properly penalized for clambering down a dark hole and not leaving yourselves a way of getting out :) But if you left a team member up there to help you out then I have no problem with your quick escape. With Gunser's suggestion, or anything else reasonable, you all clamber out fine.


M Magus(Tovenaar) 3rd AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 BAB +4 CMB +4 CMD +6 F/R/W 5/3/5 HP 24 Init +2

"Through to the sewers, little hole a half dozen folk never found in the dark, after falling down."

Andoran

Not big enough for us I take it?"


Right, if that's how we're playing it, I'd like to know where I said I went down. Remember the range for Detect Magic is 30 feet.


M Magus(Tovenaar) 3rd AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 BAB +4 CMB +4 CMD +6 F/R/W 5/3/5 HP 24 Init +2
Arkwright wrote:
I don't want you trapped down, I just want you fools properly penalized for clambering down a dark hole and not leaving yourselves a way of getting out :) But if you left a team member up there to help you out then I have no problem with your quick escape. With Gunser's suggestion, or anything else reasonable, you all clamber out fine.

My read was the hole down from the trapdoor to the pit was narrow enough to 'chimney' up from the ladder. That's why I went down at all. But no matter. That it's not is actually better for us. Maybe.


M Magus(Tovenaar) 3rd AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 BAB +4 CMB +4 CMD +6 F/R/W 5/3/5 HP 24 Init +2
Jelani wrote:
Not big enough for us I take it?"

"Big enough for any of us. Tight for you, I'd expect. But passable."

Gunser writes a note for ponyboy. The gnome commanded two of my people to kill you. He's not your friend. And I'm not your enemy. Unless you choose that, next time we meet. - the Oarsman

"We can leave whenever. Not sure whether to leave the trap open or closed. Any thoughts?"

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-elf Magus

It is a pretty deep pit; but fair enough. Just sounded like you were all happily proceeding down the pit. And from its size it is probably small enough that you can 'chimney' up.

Andoran

"Perhaps we should travel back through the sewers. It wouldn't hurt us to find some unseen ways around the city. We can drag Therion down there with us, and leave him under some sewer grate somewhere. That way he's out of our hair, and we don't have to kill him. If he's missing for a few days, Kore'll probably think he fled or turned coat. Either way he'd be a fool to go back to the tailtakers, and if he did he doesn't know anything about us that the gnome doesn't already know anyway. Want me to lower him down?"

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-elf Magus

-The pit is... let's say 20ft deep.
-The pit is wide enough for a fat man to fall down it, so maybe 1.5 body widths
-The rungs start five feet from the top of the pit, so there is a significant gap
-At the bottom the pit widens so there is room for maybe ten people to stand comfortably, although some of that space is taken up by the corpses
-There is as spotted a small hole wide enough for a man to roll sideways along, tall enough to move under while prone.
-Is there anything else you would like to know?


M Magus(Tovenaar) 3rd AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 BAB +4 CMB +4 CMD +6 F/R/W 5/3/5 HP 24 Init +2

"The guard walked here, he can stay here, and he saw the trap, so leave it opened, we don't want to hint where we went. As for Therion, if you're willing to carry him now, I'm willing to catch him, with Prayerful's help, and shove him through. With all that said and done, let's be off."

Thanks for pit trap description. I imagine this place will recur in our narrative at least once. ...when Aleks insists we disable the trap. :) I do have some more questions. 1)Is there any way to disable the trap or lock the trapdoor shut? If any mechanism is visible at the door, look around for a lever or trigger or such. 2)The victims of the trap, what a way to go, trapped in what you think is an oubliette. When we return, and maybe somewhat just now, look for clues about who they were, maybe we can bring them some greater peace.

Andoran

Jelani picks up the unconscious Synthesist, and using his rope, ties the unconscious man to his back. He then descends the rungs, hopping down the last five feet. He does a quick search of the dead to make sure they don't have any loot, and then unties Therion and shoves him through the hole into the sewers, crawling in behind him. Once in the sewers he will tie the half-elf to his back again and draw his hammer. "Can one of you conjure a light? It's kinda gloomy down here."

701 to 750 of 1,883 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Wolfman DM's Golarion Sandbox. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.