Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Ascension of Eight (Inactive)

Game Master Arkwright

Eight will be imprisoned. Eight will find a new destiny. The Eight will topple Cheliax.


601 to 650 of 1,883 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Shadow Lodge

Male Half-elf Magus

Thanks, Jelani.


Male Varisian Fighter 2 Cad Archetype

Valerio kills a half elf (apparently).
Light Flail attack
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-elf Magus

Okay let's see; state of affairs.
-The weedy half elf is still alive, but he is bleeding badly and will require aid if you want to let him live.
-The rider is trapped and talking with you.
-The grass is still up, so you cannot catch up with the gnome or the fleeing guard, however apart from that you can treat it as gone; we can just say you eventually make your reflex saves and escape the grass.

The rider winces at Blast's threat; he's aware that a tiefling is unlikely to be merciful with him.

The man nods fervently. "You're the bosses now; I understand, I promise! But a place to go... I'm just a dog, I don't know any safehouses or anywhere; I'd take you to my house but they know you captured me, they'll look there..." He thinks very hard, and then brightens. "I might know a place... Kore had us chase this pair of redskin scum... err I mean a Tifling Couple... out of their room; I think it's still boarded up, we'd be safe there?"

Gunser, you sense that he has had an idea and he does know a place; but he's also trying to pull one over on you.


Male Varisian Fighter 2 Cad Archetype

"You there, what's upstairs on the third floor of that building?"

Valerio points to the window that closed preceeding the group's last encounter.


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Paladin 2

The paladin surveyed the battlefield in the wake of the encounter with his sword and shield held firmly in hand. The rider appeared to offer parlay and the growth that rose up amongst the cobblestones of the street still offered a hindrance. Aleksandyr slung his shield across his back and tossed his cloak back over it before he sheathed his sword. He moved over to the bleeding man and took a knee. He opened the visor on his hand and placed his gauntlets to the half-elf's wounds. "Inheritor, give me strength and show this soul mercy," he prayed as his hands glowed with a divine light.

Lay on Hands 1d6 ⇒ 1

Andoran

"Grab those two, we gotta get off the street. I'll be right back." Jelani will look for an urchin nearby, making a quick circle of the surrounding blocks at a jog. If he finds one he will say, "Hey, you know Bob?"


M Magus(Tovenaar) 3rd AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 BAB +4 CMB +4 CMD +6 F/R/W 5/3/5 HP 24 Init +2
Arkwright wrote:


The man nods fervently. "...I'd take you to my house but they know you captured me, they'll look there...(snip) I think it's still boarded up, we'd be safe there?"

Gunser, you sense that he has had an idea and he does know a place; but he's also trying to pull one over on you.

Gunser sighs, rises, drops the spinach he was about to feed the rider, and settles his hands on his oar. "You're gonna make me teach ya, not to try and play me?", Gunser laments. Then he strikes the rider again with his oar, in a leg, to preserve the man's usefulness as a native guide, and diminish his ability to flee.

Inspired Arcane Rough-and-Ready oarstaff, +6 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

14STR Arcane Dockside Brawler's oarstaff(2H), d6+7 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Hearing the paladin's prayer as the rider's cry of pain ends, Gunser makes to lift the rider, in agreement with Jelani's plan. "That's more mercy than you'd have shown us. Now, up on that leg, or I'll have the Hammer hit it again. And tell Long-hair how we get to that window. Smart and proper-like, or I'll explain some more..."

I got the damage wrong, should only have been +5, so 9 pts.


Male Tiefling Alchemist/3

Blast can't help but grimace and close his eyes as Gunser cracks the man's leg with his oar. Come on, Naberius, he thinks, this is necessary, and it's more kindness than you would have found.

With a swish of his tail, Blast moves forward and places his blade at the rider's throat as Gunser begins the lift. "Like my sailor friend here said, up. Or I'll do worse than strike you with a hammer. You saw what my little devices did, felt it, too. Imagine one of those down your gullet."

Blast grins evilly, and his tail flicks into the rider's face for a moment.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


M Magus(Tovenaar) 3rd AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 BAB +4 CMB +4 CMD +6 F/R/W 5/3/5 HP 24 Init +2

"You see why we're protective of 'im?", Gunser jokes with the rider, as though he hadn't just hobbled him with the oarstave strike. But Gunser's smile turns to frown, as he laments, "Crew can't come ashore for some R'n'R, without gettin' jumped up by your lot? And leavin' them healed weren't enough goodwill for you? Just had to try again, did ya? Well, here he is, here we are, crew of the Defiance, come to parley. Duly refused, and noted. But we'll have our devil safe in your town, if we have to break all of you to do it."

There you go, layered truth and lies. Small lies, big truths. Feel free to make bluff, or intimidate, or whatever rolls for Gunser. But he's not trying to get pants-wetting fear from the rider, he just wants the man to reason his own mind into dealing with us. He'd rather not blind and maim him, but it's more merciful than killing him, which might be smarter than letting him go...

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-elf Magus

The silent half-elf ceases bleeding but still lays unconscious.

"Up there? One of our eyes; Geezer Atkin I think... lets us know when people mess with our walls..."

The strike to his knee causes a loud CRACK and the rider's eyes involuntarily fill with eyes. Letting out a strangled scream he grabs his leg, screams again and lets go. "You...you.......urgh. Okay boss okay okay; I get it. You've got plans and I'm not in charge any more. The place with the tiefling couple does exist, but they built a nasty trapdoor inside it; nearly got me when we raided it. I thought I could use it to get you but I didn't reckon on you fellas being so perceptive; like i didn't reckon on you guys being strong enough to knock me back on my ass his tone has turned to wheedling and flattering. I can take you there."

Also there is one guard still bleeding but he's not quite as dead as the half-elf.

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-elf Magus

LOOT
Eventually you are going to search the bodies of your fallen enemies, here's what they have.

Guards 1 and 2 (they're bards)
2x Studded Leather Armour
2x Longsword
30gp

Rider
Signal Whistle
500gp
Rudimentary Map of Egorian
Breastplate
Glaive

Big Blue
300gp
Wand of Rejuvenate Eidolon
3x Wand of Cure Light Wounds
Hat of Disguise


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Paladin 2

As long as we are off of initiative...

After Aleksandyr saw to it that the half-elf's bleeding could be stopped he looked around for another poor soul to save. By the will of the Inheritor the half-elf would survive. "See to it that someone watches him," he told whomever would listen as he stood. He noticed one of the guards was still breathing so he moved to his body. He took a knee again and placed his hands to the guard's wounds as a divine light came from his gauntlets, its warmth washing over the man's injuries.

"Once again I beseech you for strength and mercy..."

Lay on Hands 1d6 ⇒ 5

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-elf Magus

The guard wakes up as Aleksandyr's light washes over him; he pokes his head up, looks around, blinks, and then collapses back onto the entangling grass. "By Kore, I hope this is a dream..."


M Magus(Tovenaar) 3rd AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 BAB +4 CMB +4 CMD +6 F/R/W 5/3/5 HP 24 Init +2
Arkwright wrote:
The guard wakes up as Aleksandyr's light washes over him; he pokes his head up, looks around, blinks, and then collapses back onto the entangling grass. "By Kore, I hope this is a dream..."

Gunser speaks to the rider. "Let's be about getting there, then. Speakin' for now of your leg, we might heal it. We might make it worse. It's most on you, to decide. But don't doubt this; or if you do, don't let me think you do: The only safe course for you, is safe for us, too. I'll be fair to you, if you're fair to us."

Meeting the rider's eye, Gunser pauses, then nods at whatever he sees.

"Alright, Defiance, when Hammer get back, we're off. This one's navigator. Any false move, any of them... I don't judge we owe them a breath of warning. Enemy waters, close stations."

Did Jelani find his urchin?

"Prayerful", Gunser calls to Aleks. "There's a dead man, could use a Word, while we're waiting for Hammer. Longhair can manage your wakey-up, I expect."

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-elf Magus

There are no lovable urchins in sight. It's a big city.


"I've got a very bad feeling about standing around in the open while flying gnomes are still around. Let's get a move on."


M Magus(Tovenaar) 3rd AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 BAB +4 CMB +4 CMD +6 F/R/W 5/3/5 HP 24 Init +2

"Aye, Hammer can catch us up."

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-elf Magus

So if Rider behaves, you are healing his leg and then going for a walk with him and the guard?
And also the eagle-bird-thing has burnt to death 60ft in front of you.

Andoran

"No need, didn't find what I was looking for. We can't leave the half-elf here though, and carrying a unconscious man through the streets is a really bad idea. Sorry Aleks." Jelani says as he smashes the half-elf's head with his hammer. "Saving two bad guys will have to be enough to for today."

Coup de Grace on the synthesist.

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-elf Magus

The half-elf's head explodes.

The rider lets out a loud yelp and tries to scuttle back away from the corpse, looking at you all with possibly even more fear than before. "Thelion... sweet gods..."


M Magus(Tovenaar) 3rd AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 BAB +4 CMB +4 CMD +6 F/R/W 5/3/5 HP 24 Init +2

Throwing a flag on that play. See Discuss.


M Magus(Tovenaar) 3rd AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 BAB +4 CMB +4 CMD +6 F/R/W 5/3/5 HP 24 Init +2
Arkwright wrote:

So if Rider behaves, you are healing his leg and then going for a walk with him and the guard?

And also the eagle-bird-thing has burnt to death 60ft in front of you.

It may all be moot, but no, my intent was not to heal him and go for a walk. He gets to hobble, Gunser will help him, I expect some of the other strongs in the party will help as well, perhaps the awakened guard. We're going to the place Rider leads us to, now that Rider has no doubt he needs to work with us. Gunser hopes when we're all done talking, we'll be happy to heal him up. That's what I meant.


Male Human Rogue/ 1|Hp 9/9 |AC 16 |T 14 | FF 12| CMB +2 | CMD 16 | F +1|R +1 | W +1| Init +3| Per +7|

I suppose too much has gone on for Taurven to get his arrow off after the gnome. So...

Taurven takes stock of the situation. he realizes that Gunser is still winded even though Mellany had healed him some. He sings a song of restoration and steps up, laying his hand briefly on the sailors shoulder.

Cure light wounds:1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

The half-elf then collects his daggers, and when Jelani returns casts the cure light wounds on him as well.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

I'll have to comb back through the thread, but I'm thinking both those two were injured.

Andoran

Please retcon the above attack on half-elf and delete your post Arkwright (if there is still time). I'll go along with lawful stupid (IMO) for now.


M Magus(Tovenaar) 3rd AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 BAB +4 CMB +4 CMD +6 F/R/W 5/3/5 HP 24 Init +2
Taurven Wess wrote:


Taurven takes stock of the situation. he realizes that Gunser is still winded even though Mellany had healed him some. He sings a song of restoration and steps up, laying his hand briefly on the sailors shoulder.

Cure light wounds:1d8+1

Gunser startles a bit, then nods at Taurven. "Thank you, Lass", he jokes.

I expect Taurven might also see that Gunser is healed more than expected (see when Mel did it). But I don't have a poem handy this time. :)


"Does it really have to be like this? Do we really have to become the thing we're fighting?" Mellany says as she gathers Cat in her arms. "If it has to be this way, why did we even bother taking the oath?"


M Magus(Tovenaar) 3rd AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 BAB +4 CMB +4 CMD +6 F/R/W 5/3/5 HP 24 Init +2

"We're gonna get hot, fighting the Fire, Miss. We'll get wet, sailing into Storm. We've got to keep a hand on our hearts, like a tiller, to get through this."

Gunser didn't know whether it was good or bad for the prisoners to hear such talk. Like a lot lately, he had to content himself with not knowing.

Andoran

"Maybe it's because one of my first memories is bloody murder. But yeah, I suspect in the end it will come down to us killing them. It always does." Aleks had stopped Jelani's hammer in mid-swing, nearly catching the blow himself. Jelani stares at him hard for a few seconds, but won't try to kill the downed elf again. "If you love our enemies so much, you can carry them." He says, kicking the downed synthesist in the ribs and walking off after Gunser and the other two captives shaking his head.


Male Human Rogue/ 1|Hp 9/9 |AC 16 |T 14 | FF 12| CMB +2 | CMD 16 | F +1|R +1 | W +1| Init +3| Per +7|

Don't! Taurven tells Gunser. Less you want your new name to be Grandmother. Taurven grins at Gunser. You can tell he is joking along.

Then Taurven grows serious. It is a war Mellany. We may have to do some unpleasant things. We do need to keep in mind though: We will fail ultimatly, unless we can gain the hearts and minds of the people.

So if we want to gain the hearts and minds of the people we should be as merciful as we can.

Taurven's face grows truly grim. there will be times when we need to judge people. there will be times when it falls to us to administer justice. I'm talking about exicution, for some it will be the only course. If we let them live they will only commit more crimes.


"Sorry, guys. I'm still getting used to this. Hold up, Jelani, let me see that wound."

Healing Hex: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Andoran

"Thank you two." Jelani says to Mellany and Tauvren. "Much less hurty now."

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-elf Magus

The rider blinks slightly, not sure of what to make of your new prattering on about justice on hearts, but he's hoping it means he gets to live.

You all pick yourselves up and, following the rider, set off through the city to the tiefling couples' house.

You are almost there when you are stopped by two young knights wearing armour resembling that of the hellknights; however, their helmets do not obscure their faces and their armour is not as intricate nor strong. The first, with the slightly shinier helmet, steps forward and looks you up and down; specifically, at the half-elf with bloodied clothes being carried, at the rider who doesn't look at all cheery and at the tiefling following along from behind.

"Well well well, what's all this then?"

The speaker is a young human and his companion isn't much older.

Andoran

"These three are escaped slaves. We're slave takers hired to hunt them down. They put up a fight." Jelani says, indicating the half-elf synth, the rider and the bard guard.

Bluff 1d20 ⇒ 13


M Magus(Tovenaar) 3rd AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 BAB +4 CMB +4 CMD +6 F/R/W 5/3/5 HP 24 Init +2

got like 4-ple ninja'd...

{What the hells}, Gunser thought, looking at the prisoners exchanging worried looks and silent signs. It couldn't be helped, and it might not hurt, {Let them make of it what they will}

"As I judge it", Gunser said, letting the joke he saw chuckle into his voice, "I've no right to judge. With... some few exceptions. But I've some right to defend. And full right to survive. And duty to my crew. And then, there's my temper. And then, there's Mister Hammer's temper."

"We'll try to set a course for all of us Defiance whole, and well, and wealthy. We'll sail through storm for that. And speakin' for myself, I'll try to find a place where we might set down Flotsam and Jetsom, here, and Milord Rider as well, safe. Ain't gonna darken my hair, none.", Gunser joked, "But I'll try."

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-elf Magus

Guard 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Guard 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
The first guard blinks slightly and looks at Jelani doubtfully. He has a muttered conversation with his fellow [ooc]Perception DC 20 to hear "What do you think?" "Looks okay to be; that big one looks a hell of a lot like one of the slave-takers, even though they've got that tiefling..."

The guards nod and the first turns to you. "Aye. I hope you fetch a fair price for them. Move off."

He adds to Gunser, "No, leave the body where it is; rats'll take it."

You push on past them; a conflicted look passes over the rider's face but he eventually sighs and moves on without speaking.


M Magus(Tovenaar) 3rd AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 BAB +4 CMB +4 CMD +6 F/R/W 5/3/5 HP 24 Init +2

Aid Another on Jelani's Bluff

"There's another, didn't make it through", Gunser adds. "Is there a fee or a fine or such, for leavin' the body where it fell? We got the toe, where the tattoo were, to prove we caught 'im. Didn't need the rest...?"

d20 1d20 ⇒ 4

ninjas have always been the enemy of pira- I mean, sailors

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-elf Magus

After a few more minutes walking you make it to a small collection of dingy houses, pressed up against eachother close. The rider leads you to one with broken windows and graffiti on the outside walls and kicks down the boarded up door. It swings open, revealing a very old dull-crimson bloodstain just inside.

Andoran

Holy sh*t, he believed me!

Jelani nods and continues on, giving the three captives an intimidating glare in case they get any foolish ideas.

Intimidate 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


M Magus(Tovenaar) 3rd AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 BAB +4 CMB +4 CMD +6 F/R/W 5/3/5 HP 24 Init +2

At the door of the house, Gunser gestures for patience from all. "You there.", he says to the one he'd called Flotsam, one of the bard/guards. "Anything inside of a danger to us?"


Male Human Rogue/ 1|Hp 9/9 |AC 16 |T 14 | FF 12| CMB +2 | CMD 16 | F +1|R +1 | W +1| Init +3| Per +7|

Taurven steps up. Ah, hello. Wow. That sure is cool armor. I always wanted to be a knight. I bet all the girls swoon for you two in that plate. Maybe you can teach me swordplay, sometime. I've been looking for a swordmaster for awhile.

Diplomacy:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

edit ninja-ed. trying to affect the guards. way too late.

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-elf Magus

The sullen guard shrugs. "No idea, I wasn't on this job."

The guards do smile a bit when Taurven compliments them and look at eachother with something approaching giddiness.

The prisoners have been intimidated for the past half an hour but nonetheless look slightly more unhappy with Jelani's glare.

Andoran

"Where's the trap door you mentioned gimp-leg?" Jelani asks, prodding the Rider foreward with one hand.


M Magus(Tovenaar) 3rd AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 BAB +4 CMB +4 CMD +6 F/R/W 5/3/5 HP 24 Init +2

"Well then...", Gunser shares a look with the Rider. "You should help Milord Rider inside. We'll be rightwise behind you. Have a care, there's reef in this harbor."

Letting Rider either call out the trap, avoid it, or push Flotsam into it, Gunser follows them in. He casts about with his carpenter's eye...

perception+2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Craft: carpentry +7 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

When all are inside, Gunser says, "Most proper to knock one of you out, and question you in turns. But I'm most improper. And you seem to understand we're not playin' at jackstraws, here. So plain, then, you, Flotsam, you're first: Why the killin' and takin' of tails?"


Male Human Rogue/ 1|Hp 9/9 |AC 16 |T 14 | FF 12| CMB +2 | CMD 16 | F +1|R +1 | W +1| Init +3| Per +7|

Taurven produces a sunrod from out his backpack and strikes it alight.
I guess it's up to me. (sigh)

Aided by the bright light Taurven carefully moves inside giving everything close scrutiny as he goes. He is looking for tripwires or pressure plates mostly.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-elf Magus

Still hobbing, the rider points to the floor. "Jump over the first two feet of floor and you'll miss it; careful, it's tricky to spot."

It's DC < 5 to make the acrobatics jump; anyone who has less acrobatics than or equal to 3 please roll.

Andoran

Jelani will stand behind Gunser, his arms crossed, awaiting the need for the 'bad cop'.

Is this place one story? How many windows? Are they only on one side? Back door?

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-elf Magus

You've found yourself in a small house, it's dusty and there's occasional debris and residue from looting but it is otherwise not harmful at all.

The guard collapses onto the nearest chair letting out a small puff of white dust and he shrugs. "Taking the tails? The boss, Kore, wants us to; has a few of us stake out the walls, grab a tiefling or two off the streets once a month..."

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-elf Magus

One story, one window out front and two at back but they just lead to the brick wall of another house. There's a back door but again it just leads to another house's back wall.


Male Human Rogue/ 1|Hp 9/9 |AC 16 |T 14 | FF 12| CMB +2 | CMD 16 | F +1|R +1 | W +1| Init +3| Per +7|

Which brings us to the core of the matter. You need to tell us all about Kore.
Taurven has his dagger out, cleaning under his fingernails with its point.
Specifically: where does he live?

601 to 650 of 1,883 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Wolfman DM's Golarion Sandbox. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.