Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Ascension of Eight (Inactive)

Game Master Arkwright

Eight will be imprisoned. Eight will find a new destiny. The Eight will topple Cheliax.


551 to 600 of 1,883 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Shadow Lodge

Male Half-elf Magus

Gunser's oar slams into the blue creature, leaving a dark purple bruise.


M Magus(Tovenaar) 3rd AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 BAB +4 CMB +4 CMD +6 F/R/W 5/3/5 HP 24 Init +2

Taurven, if you take requests, a couple bars of "Cure Light Wounds"? :)

Oh, yeah! Inspired! Another point of damage!


Male Tiefling Alchemist/3

I also forgot about the inspiration bonus. Add a point of damage from the bomb to the blue creature as well, courtesy of that fine fellow Taurven!


Going off of initiative order, I'm waiting for the results of Aleks's glomp assault.


Male Half-elf | Hp 64 | AC 21 T15 F17 | Init +3 | Per +20 (low-light Vision) | Fort +8 | Ref +12 | Will +7 | bluff +8|Sense Motive +15|Stealth +15

Taurven moves with the flow of battle, trying to get close to the wounded Sailor. He continues his song as he goes.
Push yore ring O da do da ma da, Werk for my daddy O
Werk for my daddy O. There's whiskey in the jar O.

Taurven wings a dagger at the blue centaur creature.

Ranged, dagger.1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 221d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

With the dagger on it's way Taurven pulls his best dagger out for a follow up, if needed.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Cheliaxian) Paladin 2

Grapple (Mellany) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Aleksandyr's senses are manipulated as an overwhelming rush of affection sweeps over him. He feels drawn to Mellany and his enemies seem unimportant as he eyes the witch. "My love," he coos, lowering his sword arm and shield arm and moves to embrace her. He attempts to embrace her ignoring the fact combat is going on around them and he's wearing a thick set of armor.


Mellany barely avoids Aleksandyr's clumsy advances. This is not the first time she's dodged the attentions of an over amorous suitor, but it is the first time that doing so made her feel so bad. "Sorry, sweety," she says quietly. "If it was really you wanting it, I might even kiss you here, but it's not you is it?"

Then Mellany remembers that they're in the middle of a fight. "Hey, ugly blue guy!" She glares at the large creature that's been trying to maul he companions. "You can't hit the broad side of a barn!"

Evil Eye on Big Blue DC14 or -2 to attack rolls 4 rounds, 1 if he saves.

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-elf Magus

Tauvren's dagger pushes deep into the creature's skin and it lets out a dull moan of pain.

Big blue will save:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Their turn.

Valerio suddenly hears a voice in his mind- "That blasted singer is irritating, like all bards, just won't shut up, wants your money... why don't you shut him up for me?" Valerio, for your next turn you have to attack Tauvren, preferably finding a way to stop his bard song.

The odd look in Valerio's eyes is followed by something... peculiar. Off the northern rooftops sweeps a huge eagle, and perched on top of its back is what appears to be a small hairy mudpile, which gradually forms itself into the shape of an extremely hairy and dirty gnome before his mount attacks the lusty Aleksadyr and continues on its flight.

Bite:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

The rider, finally not on fire, looks up at Gunser standing over him and thinks very very quickly. Finally he calls out- "Fellows! Remember- keep close to your friends, duck close to the ground, you can make it!"

Scuttling on his legs and arms he moves away from Gunser, still prone, and yells at him "I'M TAKING YOU DOWN YOU BASTARD SAILOR"

The only guard still standing takes the fallen rider's advice and manages to dodge Gunser's swipes. Once away from him, he casts a spell and aims it at Gunser with a curse. Your will save:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 Suddenly, Tauvren is looking very attractive... You know what you're doing next round.

Big blue lets out a howl of rage and has to visibly restrain himself from going after Mellany or Tauvren. Lucky for them, urge to survive is stronger, and he turns and rips into Jelani.

Bite 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Claw 1 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Claw 2 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Valerio's up. Tauvren, look out.

Liberty's Edge

HP:33/33 (41), Rage 3/6
Stats:
AC 22, T 14, FF 22 // Fort +7, Ref +7 Will -1 // CMD 23

If the rider crawled away from one of us, he can only move 5' and it provokes an AOO. Unless he tumbles, but there is a +5 added to the DC I believe.

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-elf Magus

Taken into account, trust me.

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-elf Magus

Map Relink


Male Varisian Fighter 2 Cad Archetype

Valerio hangs his flail over his shoulder, and turns to Taurven. With a violent clapping motion, he slaps his hands to the sides of Taurven's head buffeting the half-elf's eardrums.

Dirty Trick Combat Maneuver (Deafened)
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

"That oughta' shut you up!"

Deafened:

Deafened: A deafened character cannot hear. He takes a –4 penalty on initiative checks, automatically fails Perception checks based on sound, takes a –4 penalty on opposed Perception checks, and has a 20% chance of spell failure when casting spells with verbal components. Characters who remain deafened for a long time grow accustomed to these drawbacks and can overcome some of them.

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-elf Magus

Round 3:
Gunser 21
Jelani+ 18
Aleksandyr- 18
Taurven+ 14
Mellany- 14
Blast 10
Them 7
Valerio 5


M Magus(Tovenaar) 3rd AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 BAB +4 CMB +4 CMD +6 F/R/W 5/3/5 HP 24 Init +2

Gunser moves NW to Q15, then N to Q14, protecting and sheltering Tauvren from the creature. He growls at Valerio's abuse of the elven... of course, it's obvious, Tauvren's a lass! And damn pretty, too... "C'mere, girl", the enchanted sailor rumbles with a voice full of promise...

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-elf Magus

While feelings of lust briefly flash through Gunser's mind, the fact that they are connected with Tauvren is enough to trigger the mental equivalent of a massive "HELL NO." which snaps him out of the guard's magic.

Liberty's Edge

HP:33/33 (41), Rage 3/6
Stats:
AC 22, T 14, FF 22 // Fort +7, Ref +7 Will -1 // CMD 23

Round 3

Jelani steps over to the blue creature, a mad look in his eyes. He has clearly lost his sh*t. "YOU SCRATCH JELANI, NOBODY SCRATCH JELANI. WHY YOU NO LEAVE US ALONE! JELANI SMASH!"

5' step to N14.
Attack (PA) 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Damage 2d6 + 12 ⇒ (2, 6) + 12 = 20

HP:12/27
AC:18
Rage:2/6 Rounds

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-elf Magus

...wow.

Jelani smashes.

His hammer cleaves deeply into the creature's body, and for a moment, it seems like the creature will shrug the blow off. Then with a growl the hammer presses deeper into the creature, and with a dull BOOM it disappears into a small cloud of smoke. The cloud disappears quickly, revealing the unconscious body of a weedy half-elf with a massive hammer wound in his stomach.

'Big blue' is unconscious and bleeding.

Liberty's Edge

HP:33/33 (41), Rage 3/6
Stats:
AC 22, T 14, FF 22 // Fort +7, Ref +7 Will -1 // CMD 23

"WHO I SMASH NEXT? RUN AWAY LITTLE MEN!!! WAAAGGGHHHHhhh!" Jelani's hair covered in blood, and a crazy grin slapped across his face make him look like a demented clown.


M Magus(Tovenaar) 3rd AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 BAB +4 CMB +4 CMD +6 F/R/W 5/3/5 HP 24 Init +2

"Every time anything touches our minds, one of you dies.", Gunser declares his terms. He moves to the rider, and swings again with his ridiculous Oar...

Oar+5 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

"Kill them if you'd save your minds!", Gunser calls to his companions.

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-elf Magus

Despite being blank-faced with shock at the fall of his blue mount, the rider has enough presence of mind to roll and dodge Gunser's oar blow.


Now that Aleksandyr is no longer distracting her, Mellany is free to take care of more pressing business. "Hold on Cap! I'll help with that wound," she calls out as she goes to Gunser's side. In a moment, she has puts her hands on the awful gash in his guts and focuses healing magic.

Healing Hex: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Male Tiefling Alchemist/3

Blast lets out a small cheer as Jelani smashes the blue creature back into its human form. A shapechanger! I should have known... (I really should have, Arkwright was just talking about doing that trick in a game we applied to a little while back.)

He suddenly realizes that things aren't over yet, though, as a pesky creature--a gnome?--flies down on an eagle. Moving forward through his companions, Blast mixes another of his explosive cocktails. "Fire in the sky!" he calls, lobbing it at the eagle.

Now, math has let me know that the actual distance is about 35 feet. The question is, does Blast know this? and, if he doesn't, does that affect the range of the bomb attack? I should think he does--ranks in Knowledge (engineering), +3 Int, he understands this sort of stuff--but if not, whatever. Also, the bomb has a splash radius of 10 feet, so would it most likely catch them even if it misses? Not sure how throwing splash weapons works against flying opponents.

Bomb attack: 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 1 - 2 = 21 (+4 normal, +1 per Taurven, -2 range)
Bomb damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 = 7 (+4 normal, +1 per Taurven)

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-elf Magus

Are you lobbing it at the gnome or the eagle? Hit anyway but you may want to consider it in future.

Blast's fire bomb catches the bird full-on and with a loud squawk it is badly burnt. Some of the fire gets on the gnome and hurts him as well.

Do you really get a damage boost from bard song? Seems a bit silly but oh well. Birdie isn't looking happy. Does the gnome also get hit by 7 points?


M Magus(Tovenaar) 3rd AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 BAB +4 CMB +4 CMD +6 F/R/W 5/3/5 HP 24 Init +2
Mellany wrote:

Now that Aleksandyr is no longer distracting her, Mellany is free to take care of more pressing business. "Hold on Cap! I'll help with that wound," she calls out as she goes to Gunser's side. In a moment, she has puts her hands on the awful gash in his guts and focuses healing magic.

[dice=Healing Hex]1d8 + 2

I thank you. Gunser thanks you. Oh, and this odd whispering Voice that sounds like wind and wave and seabirds, and the occasional ship's bell... They thank you too:


What Wyrd works weal?
What Hallows heal?
And why, and how?
Dost ken ye?

What Power kind?
That cure the blind?
The lame, the ail?
Or bloody?

Whatever Name
Good- or Ill-fame
When Power touch
Grey Sailor

Then Witch, you'll find
Fate is more kind
And heals him
As if tailored

Gunser heals +2 per die from magical healing. :) So, that's 7. He's at 10/17.

"Thank you, lass. I'd wanted to talk, but every word from them twists our minds. So its all to the Butcher's bill, now.", Gunser laments loudly.

Liberty's Edge

HP:33/33 (41), Rage 3/6
Stats:
AC 22, T 14, FF 22 // Fort +7, Ref +7 Will -1 // CMD 23

The gnome gets hit for the minimum damage, or 6, with a reflex save for half. If I'm remembering correctly.

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-elf Magus

Reflex:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Fails.


Male Tiefling Alchemist/3

I'd say that Taurven's stuff doesn't apply to splash damage, since it refers to weapon damage and that sort of thing. So, probably 5. Also, the bird is on fire, so it takes 1d6 damage per round until it makes a full-round reflex save, involving stopping flying, or it's doused with at least 2 gallons of water.

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-elf Magus

Mean. Could you mention that each time you throw a bomb? I didn't apply that for when you chucked one previously.


Smells like chicken.


Male Half-elf | Hp 64 | AC 21 T15 F17 | Init +3 | Per +20 (low-light Vision) | Fort +8 | Ref +12 | Will +7 | bluff +8|Sense Motive +15|Stealth +15

Acrobatics:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Taurven is not sure what the erratic Valerio will do next, so he tumbles away, then moves down along the wall. Moving to a point where he can send his dagger in flight, to take down a pesky guard.

Attack Q-20, ranged, dagger MW1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 71d4 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Was that guard prone?

Taurven continues with his song.
I took all of his money, and it was a pretty penny.
I took all of his money, and I brought it home to Molly.
She swore that she loved me, and never would she leave me.
But the devil take that woman, for lord she tricked me easy.


Male Tiefling Alchemist/3
Arkwright wrote:
Mean. Could you mention that each time you throw a bomb? I didn't apply that for when you chucked one previously.

Only applies to explosive bombs. Last one I threw wasn't, to avoid the extra area damaging team-mates. I'll try and remember to clarify in the future.


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Paladin 2

The paladin snapped out of his delusions of intimacy and found himself a little dazed and confused. He shook his head and dropped his visor on his helm once more. Gripping his sword tightly, he moved back into the fray as his companions continued their conflict. He skirted the skirmish moved between Taurven and Mellany as he slowly clanked back into the thick of things.

Double move to S17.


M Magus(Tovenaar) 3rd AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 BAB +4 CMB +4 CMD +6 F/R/W 5/3/5 HP 24 Init +2

I believe it's them, and then Valerio, then another round?

Liberty's Edge

HP:33/33 (41), Rage 3/6
Stats:
AC 22, T 14, FF 22 // Fort +7, Ref +7 Will -1 // CMD 23

I hope so, I want to smash more.


M Magus(Tovenaar) 3rd AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 BAB +4 CMB +4 CMD +6 F/R/W 5/3/5 HP 24 Init +2
Jelani wrote:
I hope so, I want to smash more.

And we want you to smash, big guy.

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-elf Magus

Their turn

1d6 ⇒ 4

The gnome lets out a distraught cry as his badly burnt mount catches on fire. Just barely managing to master his rage, he points at Valerio "You. Kill that pathetic excuse for a half-elf lying there" and then at the only remaining guard "Flee or die fighting them. The choice is yours."

The eagle, clearly on its last legs, soars away down to the ground letting the gnome off with a hop. The remaining guard follows. As the gnome touches the ground he points a finger back at you all, and a thick mat of green undergrowth springs up out of nowhere.

Everyone in the green squares, make me a DC16 reflex save not to be entangled; the green squares are also difficult terrain.

The prone half-elf gets a little deader.

As does the prone guard.

Rider reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

The grass wrapping around and trapping the prone rider, he stops struggling and attempts a winning smile, though his chin is wobbling a bit too much for it to be effective: "Err... parley?"

I'm effectively calling combat here; the Difficult Terrain and entangle check should keep you from catching up with the gnome and guard, who anyway have a good lead and know the city better than you do. If you have a way to catch up with them however then by all means use it; you still have line of sight to them. I'm still keeping us in initiative however as actions next few rounds are important.
Valerio, you have to attack the prone half-elf the next turn.


Male Human (Cheliaxian) Paladin 2

Reflex Save 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

As the grass sprung up with ensnaring roots, the paladin managed to avoid becoming rooted in place. He trudged through the thick undergrowth conjured around them and it hampered as he tried to move after the fleeing conjurer. "Curses," Aleksandyr growled as he realized he would be unable to catch up with them.

Double move to S21.


Male Half-elf | Hp 64 | AC 21 T15 F17 | Init +3 | Per +20 (low-light Vision) | Fort +8 | Ref +12 | Will +7 | bluff +8|Sense Motive +15|Stealth +15

Reflex Save:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


Reflex Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Mellany ably avoids becoming entangled in the writhing undergrowth. "Ha! Now you want to talk," she says as she steps towards the downed rider. Mellany glares down at his prostrate form. "Did you offer the people who were attached to those tails a chance to talk?"

Intimidate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


M Magus(Tovenaar) 3rd AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 BAB +4 CMB +4 CMD +6 F/R/W 5/3/5 HP 24 Init +2

Reflex save +2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

"Aye, well said.", Gunser replies to Mel, although looking at and speaking to Milord Grinfool. "We're just gonna nail your ass to the wall, the rest of yerself can parley all it wants.", Gunser growls. He draws a short knife, his hand suffused with a golden glow, and advances on the man as if to use it. He meets the fops eye...

Intimidate +6 with another +2 'Touch of Glory' 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

...but cannot keep from laughing. "Nah", Gunser grins, hacking at the magical plants an instant, then putting the knife away. "Far too hideous to hang in public. We'll jus' put you on a diet. Here, eat your vegetables, milord." Gunser prepares to gag the fop with the plants, to prevent any casting, but leaves it undone for the moment. "Convince me how it serves the lady's safety best to not leave you bleeding here, like the horse-elf the gnome just damned. You got... practically no time at all."


Male Tiefling Alchemist/3

Reflex save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Blast is about to walk over to help capture the wounded enemies, and even takes a step or two before the plants wrap around his foot and leg, crawling up his body. With a sigh, the tiefling sheathes his sword as his tail retrieves a vial of acid from his jacket. He pours the liquid onto the plants near the ground, melting through them to free his leg, and steps back out of the area of long grasses.


Male Varisian Fighter 2 Cad Archetype

Valerio isn't accustomed to attacking helpless prone people (NG alignment), let alone murdering them. Although I view the gnome's wishes in a favorable light, I have to consider this (murder in broad daylight) as an obviously harmful order.

"Do it yourself, I'm no killer."

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-elf Magus

Okay.
Opposed charisma check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Failed, you have to do it.

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-elf Magus

While Gunser doesn't terrify him as much as he could, the rider does look pretty freaked out and very quickly he speaks in a rush- "BecauseIcantellyounowthatifyoudon'trunawaythey'regoingtocomebackwithmorean dmoreandkillyouallBecauseIcantellyouwhereweallhangoutyouguyslooklikeserious fellasosI'mguessingyouwanttoknowthatandbecauseifyoukillmemmymasterwillbeser iouslypissedoffhesalwayssaidthathe'llbetheonetokillmenotanyoneelse!"


Male Tiefling Alchemist/3

Blast looks oddly at the rest of the group for a moment, then his mouth quirks. "It's almost as if... as if he's trying to speak!" The inflection makes it obvious that this is astounding to the tiefling, who stares at the man as his tail swishes back and forth. "But I can't make sense of it. If he isn't helpful, I say we take Gunser's suggestion and nail his posterior up with my brethren's."

Blast casts a subtle wink to the party to let them know he's not serious about the death threat.

Liberty's Edge

HP:33/33 (41), Rage 3/6
Stats:
AC 22, T 14, FF 22 // Fort +7, Ref +7 Will -1 // CMD 23

As he sees no more foes worth smashing, Jelani simply allows the plants to crawl over him, and slumps forward the rage leaving him.


"No time for that. The gnome will be back soon with his friends. I think we need to get back and consider our next move."


M Magus(Tovenaar) 3rd AC 16 FF 14 Tch 12 BAB +4 CMB +4 CMD +6 F/R/W 5/3/5 HP 24 Init +2

If Gunser saw the wink, he didn't let on.

"He was plain enough.", Gunser said. "Maybe not truthful. But plain. Got a way to go for helpful, yet.", the sailor adds without art, measuring the fops word and tone.

"We'll be moving soon, take what's of value, use, or worth knowin'", Gunser says to the rest of the Eight. Then he speaks again to the fop, "If they come back, you'll die first. No bluff, a promise. Hammer, there", Gunser nods faintly at Jelani, "He'll croquet yer balls through yer ribs. I'd favor time to look you in the eyes, and find for myself a wisdom in letting you leave my company with them. The eyes, I mean. Oh, sure, and the balls an' ribs. Is there a hidey-hole, nearby, might serve us for a private chat? I come to parley, you refused. Right insulting, you were, too. Now, you're prisoner, taken fair in battle your side started. You've a way to go, to get back to Parley. Or Hammer can play croquet."

Sense Motive +7 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Shadow Lodge

Male Half-elf Magus

Reminder, we're still in initiative. Speak and perform actions but we still have to wait for everyone to post before you can post again; and we're waiting on Valerio's attacks. And whatever you do to him afterwards.

Liberty's Edge

HP:33/33 (41), Rage 3/6
Stats:
AC 22, T 14, FF 22 // Fort +7, Ref +7 Will -1 // CMD 23

Initiative Repost

Gunser 21
Jelani+ 18
Aleksandyr- 18
Taurven+ 14
Mellany- 14
Blast 10
Them 7
Valerio 5

So waiting on Valerio, then it's the top of the round. Just posting this for my own reference mostly.

551 to 600 of 1,883 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Wolfman DM's Golarion Sandbox. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.