Ambitious Hearts: Tales from the Forgotten Realms

Game Master Dogbladewarrior


801 to 850 of 862 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

RETIRED Half-Elf Summoner (Synthesist) 20 / Gestalt (Two-Handed) Fighter 10 / Mythic Champion (Dual Path Guardian) Tier 4

"Ok, so what is our next plan of action? Head toward the center?"


Construct (Outsider) LN Axiomite MachineSmith L20 (Mighty - Feat) Mythic HIEROPHANT 'LAW' (Duel path GUARDIAN) T4
Status:
Init +28 | AC53* FF41 T27 | HP226/226 | F -- | R +51 | W +49 | Per +38

"find what is powering this place, its core if you like"


Rosa.Luminass. wrote:
"find what is powering this place, its core if you like"

Rosa sends a number of drones to search the area. Of the 10 you send only 7 return.

They Hover in a circle and project an overview of what they've seen in 3d map format using light. In the center are a number of stones sticking up in a circle. Some of them are connected by stones sitting atop them. Like this.


Construct (Outsider) LN Axiomite MachineSmith L20 (Mighty - Feat) Mythic HIEROPHANT 'LAW' (Duel path GUARDIAN) T4
Status:
Init +28 | AC53* FF41 T27 | HP226/226 | F -- | R +51 | W +49 | Per +38

"Its seems there is an monolithic installation here"

Rosa points at the image here clorkwork drones are projecting.

"We must be wiry its warded in some way, I have lost 3 of my constructs there"


RETIRED Half-Elf Summoner (Synthesist) 20 / Gestalt (Two-Handed) Fighter 10 / Mythic Champion (Dual Path Guardian) Tier 4

"Well, perhaps we should poke around first-hand" Tialvoron says, moving towards the center


Construct (Outsider) LN Axiomite MachineSmith L20 (Mighty - Feat) Mythic HIEROPHANT 'LAW' (Duel path GUARDIAN) T4
Status:
Init +28 | AC53* FF41 T27 | HP226/226 | F -- | R +51 | W +49 | Per +38

"What ever we do, we should do it fast, who ever is behind this knows we are here and they will act"

Rosa cavers up her Drones and gets ready to move out


Rosa.Luminass. wrote:

"What ever we do, we should do it fast, who ever is behind this knows we are here and they will act"

Rosa cavers up her Drones and gets ready to move out

The group moves toward the center stonehenge. With your perceptions you notice a number of large predatory animals skulking in the shadows. They keep their distance, but you are aware of their presence and they you. You even see one bound away from a drone "corpse" when you are within sight range. It's a jungle ecosystem. The animals are nowhere near your CR, but they are out there. The drone's however, never stood a chance.

You come to the edge of the clearing as was represented on the map. As indicated there are several large rough hewn stones sticking out for the ground. Every other pair has a crosspiece on top.

Edit: Out of curiosity what did you do with the Witches stuff? Did you leave it out for the drones to finish organizing?


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +25;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+10, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 59/59

Sparel's eyes glow blue and he looks around a moment.

"This place radiates magic, though I see nothing that may indicate a trap. It's essentially a transmutation effect that radiates up through the fauna and is enhanced by the pyramid. Moreso inside than out. I'd need to study more to be sure, but i'd deduce that whomever controls this area has strong power over the inside of the pyramid and lesser, but still strong, power over the outside. "

Cautiously Sparel walks toward the center of the structure. Nothing adverse happens. He looks at the stones.
"This side has some sort of writing on it. I believe it's some form of ancient druidic, but I do not speak the language. It's strange though, I have a spell running that should translate yet it doesn't."


RETIRED Half-Elf Summoner (Synthesist) 20 / Gestalt (Two-Handed) Fighter 10 / Mythic Champion (Dual Path Guardian) Tier 4

"perhaps it is mixed with some personal code..."


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +25;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+10, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 59/59
Tialvoron Manaril wrote:
"perhaps it is mixed with some personal code..."

\

"It's quite odd. Though I suspect the secrets to controlling this place are in the text. I think it would take quite some time and someone who actually knows druidic would have the greatest, perhaps only, chance for success."


RETIRED Half-Elf Summoner (Synthesist) 20 / Gestalt (Two-Handed) Fighter 10 / Mythic Champion (Dual Path Guardian) Tier 4

"Then i suppose we must call the arch druidess again?


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +25;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+10, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 59/59
Tialvoron Manaril wrote:
"Then i suppose we must call the arch druidess again?

"That's up to Akor. She may still be otherwise occupied. Though, this is interesting. "


Construct (Outsider) LN Axiomite MachineSmith L20 (Mighty - Feat) Mythic HIEROPHANT 'LAW' (Duel path GUARDIAN) T4
Status:
Init +28 | AC53* FF41 T27 | HP226/226 | F -- | R +51 | W +49 | Per +38

Rosa walks around there location, placing Century drones down to defend them,

"If we are going to be here for a wile ill get a perimeter up"


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +25;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+10, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 59/59
Rosa.Luminass. wrote:

Rosa walks around there location, placing Century drones down to defend them,

"So far I have seen nothing that could take out three of my drones, something is here we have yet to find"

"The wild animals we saw could. We even saw one bound away from the drone 'corpse'"

DM TCG wrote:
With your perceptions you notice a number of large predatory animals skulking in the shadows. They keep their distance, but you are aware of their presence and they you. You even see one bound away from a drone "corpse" when you are within sight range. It's a jungle ecosystem. The animals are nowhere near your CR, but they are out there. The drone's however, never stood a chance.


RETIRED Half-Elf Summoner (Synthesist) 20 / Gestalt (Two-Handed) Fighter 10 / Mythic Champion (Dual Path Guardian) Tier 4

"could what?"


Male Casrua. Inquisitor 20/Ranger10(gestalt feat)/Nature's Warden7(prestigious)

"I believe my cousin is saying one or more of the wild animals we've seen could have taken out the drones. I will ask my wife if she is able to come here, but one of you will have to go and get her."

Where's my fae buddy?"


Construct (Outsider) LN Axiomite MachineSmith L20 (Mighty - Feat) Mythic HIEROPHANT 'LAW' (Duel path GUARDIAN) T4
Status:
Init +28 | AC53* FF41 T27 | HP226/226 | F -- | R +51 | W +49 | Per +38

I edited my post, etc, you going over lost ground


RETIRED Half-Elf Summoner (Synthesist) 20 / Gestalt (Two-Handed) Fighter 10 / Mythic Champion (Dual Path Guardian) Tier 4

"oh, i thought he was saying they could understand this druidic."


Rosa.Luminass. wrote:
I edited my post, etc, you going over lost ground

No worries. It happens.

Akor, Your fey buddy? Also, it's up to you if your wife is available or not.


Male Casrua. Inquisitor 20/Ranger10(gestalt feat)/Nature's Warden7(prestigious)

The icy rider, was he not fae? Did he follow us in, leave, stay outside?


Akor Scourgebane wrote:
The icy rider, was he not fae? Did he follow us in, leave, stay outside?

**smacks forehead** I'm a bad DM and i totally forgot about him.

When you came to the edge of the pyramid the Fey could not enter due to some compulsion. He waits for you just outside.


Male Casrua. Inquisitor 20/Ranger10(gestalt feat)/Nature's Warden7(prestigious)

Whatever, I'm a bad player and totally forgot about him till yesterday

Akor walks outside, unsure if the pyramid will block his telepathy with his wife "Dear heart, we once more have need of your skills. We have found a strange pyramid that appears to somehow be influencing the Twisted Forest. We need you to come decipher the writing which is in some form of ancient Druidic."

"Of course my meldanya, I will come right away"

He then looks to the Fey who lead them here "How are you feeling? Got full control of yourself and your memories yet?"


Akor Scourgebane wrote:

Whatever, I'm a bad player and totally forgot about him till yesterday

Akor walks outside, unsure if the pyramid will block his telepathy with his wife "Dear heart, we once more have need of your skills. We have found a strange pyramid that appears to somehow be influencing the Twisted Forest. We need you to come decipher the writing which is in some form of ancient Druidic."

"Of course my meldanya, I will come right away"

He then looks to the Fey who lead them here "How are you feeling? Got full control of yourself and your memories yet?"

"I can feel that something is still there, though my memories are coming back albeit slower than I would prefer. Thank you, Mortal. I do remember my name. You may call me Davarius. It will suffice for a name that you are capable of pronouncing."

"Whatever magics prevent me from entering the pyramid are still present." He reached his hand toward the empty doorway. A he does so they stop on a magical wall that only seems to affect him. "Whatever had cast the magics must still be present." Just as he finishes saying that the magic force that was preventing him from entering visibly pops, like a soap bubble. His hand falls through. "I stand corrected."

I assume you're going to show him the runes. He studies them a moment. "They are written in a long dead ancient language. The one that Druidic is loosely based on. However, unlike Druidic this language resists attempts to magically or mundanely discern it's meaning. It changes regularly. Though if you were taught the language by another that knows it your understanding changes as it does. Its a very ancient form. I learned it about 10,000 years ago. I can translate, but I cannot teach it. It is forbidden and with good reason."

He reads, "These are instructions for claiming ownership of the pyramid. WIth said ownership one becomes tied to this place. They gain an number of powers and responsibilities. Also, if the owner cannot leave lest they forsake their claim. It would appear as the last owner was twisted in the mind and thus twisted the landscape. If you have someone worthy I can teach them the ritual. I would not claim it for myself as it is in my nature to travel on the winds. If I stay in one place I would wither and die."

When you all eventually check on where the drones were sorting the witches gear:

The gear is gone, the drones are broken, the artificial tree is gone.

There is a specific game reason why this is, I promise.


RETIRED Half-Elf Summoner (Synthesist) 20 / Gestalt (Two-Handed) Fighter 10 / Mythic Champion (Dual Path Guardian) Tier 4

"Hmm, curious."


Construct (Outsider) LN Axiomite MachineSmith L20 (Mighty - Feat) Mythic HIEROPHANT 'LAW' (Duel path GUARDIAN) T4
Status:
Init +28 | AC53* FF41 T27 | HP226/226 | F -- | R +51 | W +49 | Per +38

Rosa bends down and checks the cores of the broken drones taking them into herself to mend,

"Form what they tell be the last thing was they where hit very fast and at around the same moment"

She looks around,

"My calculations indicate that there is a very high probability we have released whatever was trapped in here. Tapped if what has been said here for over 10,000 years, when it miscalculated the process of ownership of this artifact, By analyzing the warping of this inner space I calculate the being to be 95% to 99% Chaotic evil and of great power if it trapped the Fay here. We may just have unwittingly solicited a prison break"

She looks at them.


Rosa.Luminass. wrote:

Rosa bends down and checks the cores of the broken drones taking them into herself to mend,

"Form what they tell be the last thing was they where hit very fast and at around the same moment"

She looks around,

"My calculations indicate that there is a very high probability we have released whatever was trapped in here. Tapped if what has been said here for over 10,000 years, when it miscalculated the process of ownership of this artifact, By analyzing the warping of this inner space I calculate the being to be 95% to 99% Chaotic evil and of great power if it trapped the Fay here. We may just have unwittingly solicited a prison break"

She looks at them.

"I suspect it's because the one who had claimed it has left the premises. " says the misty fey in a casual, but somehow also haughty tone.


Construct (Outsider) LN Axiomite MachineSmith L20 (Mighty - Feat) Mythic HIEROPHANT 'LAW' (Duel path GUARDIAN) T4
Status:
Init +28 | AC53* FF41 T27 | HP226/226 | F -- | R +51 | W +49 | Per +38

Rosa turns and looks at him, her face showing nothing.
"You misunderstand to your prison break but theres, locked in here by the sin of hubris, Ironic if you take the time to think about it."


Rosa.Luminass. wrote:

Rosa turns and looks at him, her face showing nothing.

"You misunderstand to your prison break but theres, locked in here by the sin of hubris, Ironic if you take the time to think about it."

"perhaps." he says without an ounce of commitment in his voice.


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +25;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+10, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 59/59

"I have a Druid on board my ship. Ill have the captain ask if he knows of anyone in his order who might be interested and an appropriate fit."

"Akor, you're more familiar with the troops on the front than I. Can you think of someone who might make a food fit for this rather unique post? It'd make an excellent base of operations once its put back in order."

"if you other two have any suggestions I'd appreciate hearing them. "

fyi: this is an opportunity to create a themantially appropriate character to insert in the role. It's a creative outlet if you're interested. Not too high level. Maybe somewhere between ten and 15. This isn't Faerun where übermensch are running around everywhere. :-)


RETIRED Half-Elf Summoner (Synthesist) 20 / Gestalt (Two-Handed) Fighter 10 / Mythic Champion (Dual Path Guardian) Tier 4

no particularly shining ideas here


Akor Scourgebane wrote:

Akor walks outside, unsure if the pyramid will block his telepathy with his wife "Dear heart, we once more have need of your skills. We have found a strange pyramid that appears to somehow be influencing the Twisted Forest. We need you to come decipher the writing which is in some form of ancient Druidic."

"Of course my meldanya, I will come right away"

[/b]

A small bird flies through the doorway. As it lands a short distance away it says, "Hello dear." Akor recognizes the voice immediately It's his wife. The bird shifts and grows gracefully until she is once again in her elven form. (She is elven, right?) She walks over and kisses Akor on the lips briefly. "Twice in one day you've called for me. Careful or a girl could get used to such attention. " She jests sweetly. "What is it I can do to help?"


Male Casrua. Inquisitor 20/Ranger10(gestalt feat)/Nature's Warden7(prestigious)

He chuckles at her comment "Sorry my love. You are just so irresistible." They walk hand in hand back inside, Akor explaining as they go "Well, we originally needed your help in translating something, but I believe that is taken care of. Now, we need aid in finding a new guardian for this grove. Whomever takes over will be bound to this forest. Which means it can't be you, as you'll be unable to leave and you have your own duties elsewhere. I was thinking of Sheyla, your younger cousin. She's a decently powerful priestess, is she not?"


Akor Scourgebane wrote:
He chuckles at her comment "Sorry my love. You are just so irresistible." They walk hand in hand back inside, Akor explaining as they go "Well, we originally needed your help in translating something, but I believe that is taken care of. Now, we need aid in finding a new guardian for this grove. Whomever takes over will be bound to this forest. Which means it can't be you, as you'll be unable to leave and you have your own duties elsewhere. I was thinking of Sheyla, your younger cousin. She's a decently powerful priestess, is she not?"

"It's my curse." She jests in regard to her irrestibleness.

Thinking a moment.

"Sheyla could work. She is a bit of a homebody. We'll have to give her a chance to think about it, of course. In the mean time we should secure the area. The dark forest is still dangerous and twisted both physically and spiritually. However, at least there isn't an evil presence driving it to further evil anymore. I'll call for some druids, but we'll need whatever the Guardians can spare."

("Guardians" is another name for the people fighting to reclaim Myth Dranor)


Male Casrua. Inquisitor 20/Ranger10(gestalt feat)/Nature's Warden7(prestigious)

Akor nods his agreement "Ok, so that's settled. Shall we scour this temple, see if there's anything useful left behind?"


RETIRED Half-Elf Summoner (Synthesist) 20 / Gestalt (Two-Handed) Fighter 10 / Mythic Champion (Dual Path Guardian) Tier 4

Tialvoron's eidolon-enhanced form hefts his mighty blade in anticipation.


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +25;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+10, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 59/59
Akor Scourgebane wrote:
Akor nods his agreement "Ok, so that's settled. Shall we scour this temple, see if there's anything useful left behind?"

"It couldn't hurt to look."

Sparel casts a spell and sends his tiny stealthy spheres out to make a thorough search of the entire pyramid.


Construct (Outsider) LN Axiomite MachineSmith L20 (Mighty - Feat) Mythic HIEROPHANT 'LAW' (Duel path GUARDIAN) T4
Status:
Init +28 | AC53* FF41 T27 | HP226/226 | F -- | R +51 | W +49 | Per +38

Rosa nods


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

A trio of eyes stop in front of stone engraving, covered in arcane runes. Between Sparel and Tialv, the two of you are able to easily decipher them. Speaking several of the words out loud dispels a powerful illusion spell that was cloaking off a long, dark tunnel.

Following the winding passage deep underground, the four of us enter a massive cavern easily over a mile in diameter, possibly much more. Beginning about five hundred yards from the entrance are the ruins of some sort of ancient city.


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +25;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+10, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 59/59

"this looks promising. "


Construct (Outsider) LN Axiomite MachineSmith L20 (Mighty - Feat) Mythic HIEROPHANT 'LAW' (Duel path GUARDIAN) T4
Status:
Init +28 | AC53* FF41 T27 | HP226/226 | F -- | R +51 | W +49 | Per +38

"You scout or me Sparel or both?"

Rosa says as this time from her comes a number of Adamant Wasps


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +25;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+10, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 59/59
Rosa.Luminass. wrote:

"You scout or me Sparel or both?"

Rosa says as this time from her comes a number of Adamant Wasps

"Go right ahead. I'll save the spell for later. "


Construct (Outsider) LN Axiomite MachineSmith L20 (Mighty - Feat) Mythic HIEROPHANT 'LAW' (Duel path GUARDIAN) T4
Status:
Init +28 | AC53* FF41 T27 | HP226/226 | F -- | R +51 | W +49 | Per +38

Rosa sends her small swarm out.


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +25;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+10, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 59/59

I believe we're waiting on Rosa's scouts to report back.


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Sorry for the wait guys, I tried to post on tues from my cell, but the internet crashed and then I forgot yesterday that I didn't actually reply. I'll get something up tonight.


Construct (Outsider) LN Axiomite MachineSmith L20 (Mighty - Feat) Mythic HIEROPHANT 'LAW' (Duel path GUARDIAN) T4
Status:
Init +28 | AC53* FF41 T27 | HP226/226 | F -- | R +51 | W +49 | Per +38

Rosa waits to see what happons


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Rosa's drones fly past the city limit, and break up into smaller groups to cover more ground. At first, all they report is more confirmation of what we already know: this city is anicent and quite abandonded. A fair amount of the buildings near us are in ruin, but further in, many are intact.

Suddenly, about a quarter mile in, the drones go silent and then one by one each of the mini swarms drop to the ground, deactivated.


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +25;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+10, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 59/59

Did the drones die at a specific point/line or was it in response to some event? I'm wondering if there's a dead magic zone.


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +25;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+10, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 59/59

"Lets investigate."

Sparel moved down to get close enough to see the area of disturbance, but keeps his distance otherwise.

Perception 1d20 + 29 ⇒ (18) + 29 = 47


Male Archangel of Awesome Paladin of Badassery 20

Sparel's extensive knowledge of all form of magicks, plus is keen Elven senses makes it easy for him to figure out that the area where the drones dropped is a dead magic zone.


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +25;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+10, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 59/59
Voice of Awesomeness wrote:
Sparel's extensive knowledge of all form of magicks, plus is keen Elven senses makes it easy for him to figure out that the area where the drones dropped is a dead magic zone.

"It's a dead magic zone."

Sparel moves near the edge of it and attempts to look into what might be the center, based on where the drones fell and at what arc. He's curious as to what might be generating it or what it might be protecting.

Percep 1d20 + 29 ⇒ (19) + 29 = 48

801 to 850 of 862 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ambitious Hearts: Tales from the Forgotten Realms All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.