Ambitious Hearts: Tales from the Forgotten Realms

Game Master Dogbladewarrior


601 to 650 of 862 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

RETIRED Half-Elf Summoner (Synthesist) 20 / Gestalt (Two-Handed) Fighter 10 / Mythic Champion (Dual Path Guardian) Tier 4

if i use Discern Location, can i find Akor across the veils of the planes and perhaps we follow him, albeit on a different plane?


Discern Location spell:

Discern Location
School divination; Level cleric/oracle 8, sorcerer/wizard 8, summoner 6, witch 8; Domain knowledge 8

CASTING
Casting Time 10 minutes
Components V, S, DF

EFFECT
Range unlimited
Target one creature or object
Duration instantaneous
Saving Throw none; Spell Resistance no

DESCRIPTION
A discern location spell is among the most powerful means of locating creatures or objects. Nothing short of a mind blank spell or the direct intervention of a deity keeps you from learning the exact location of a single individual or object. Discern location circumvents normal means of protection from scrying or location. The spell reveals the name of the creature or object's location (place, name, business name, building name, or the like), community, county (or similar political division), country, continent, and the plane of existence where the target lies.

To find a creature with the spell, you must have seen the creature or have some item that once belonged to it. To find an object, you must have touched it at least once.

Tia:

You send your mystic energy into the ether. The answer instantly returns as follows:

Akor Scourgebane
30 feet west of the twisted wood and 3 leagues south of Mystralas temple. (the latter being a well known landmark)

Myth Dranor
-Insert appropriate country- The DM isn't sure, but you get the correct name.
-Insert appropriate continent- The DM isn't sure, but you get the correct name.
Prime Material plane


Construct (Outsider) LN Axiomite MachineSmith L20 (Mighty - Feat) Mythic HIEROPHANT 'LAW' (Duel path GUARDIAN) T4
Status:
Init +28 | AC53* FF41 T27 | HP226/226 | F -- | R +51 | W +49 | Per +38

Yes we will make our way to where we think the site is.


RETIRED Half-Elf Summoner (Synthesist) 20 / Gestalt (Two-Handed) Fighter 10 / Mythic Champion (Dual Path Guardian) Tier 4

Yes. using Mystrala's temple as a landmark we will go there and then bank south for 3 leagues.


In the plane of dreams.

even as they will it the plane shifts around Rosa and TIalvoron, though the ground in their vicinity seems to remain steady. Seconds later the two stand in a meadow, bathed in golden light, next to an impossibly tall, impossibly dark wooded area. The trees soar higher than you can see. The underbrush is so thick it makes nearly a solid wall.

Tia takes an exploratory step toward the wood. Immediately in front of him a pair of disembodied glowing almond eyes open. The edges flicker with unholy light. less than a second later another three pairs open near the first. Then nine. Then more and more and more and more. The eyes open in a massive wave to cover the wood inside and out. 1000 glowing almond eyes watch you with clear malice in their eyes.


In the prime.

Akor the animals have disappeared. The wood stands eerily silent. Unnaturally silent.


Male Casrua. Inquisitor 20/Ranger10(gestalt feat)/Nature's Warden7(prestigious)

Walking right up to the edge of the woods, Akor searches for a way in.

1d20 + 84 ⇒ (8) + 84 = 92 Perception


Construct (Outsider) LN Axiomite MachineSmith L20 (Mighty - Feat) Mythic HIEROPHANT 'LAW' (Duel path GUARDIAN) T4
Status:
Init +28 | AC53* FF41 T27 | HP226/226 | F -- | R +51 | W +49 | Per +38

detect chaos constant
Rosa hides herself from the eyes

EVERSMOKING BOTTLE


Rosa.Luminass. wrote:

detect chaos constant

Rosa hides herself from the eyes

EVERSMOKING BOTTLE

The entire plane is strongly chaoticly aligned. So Much so

That it took you a few moments to adjust when you first arrived. The chaotic concentration is even stronger in the wood.
When you pop the smoke:
The sound of 1000 Todlers laughing manically eminates from the woods. The eyes bob slightly as they do so.


Akor Scourgebane wrote:

Walking right up to the edge of the woods, Akor searches for a way in.

1d20+84 Perception

You think you see a rabbit trail about 100 yards to your left. There's a small opening in the underbrush about a foot in diameter, though not perfectly circular. Other than that you'd have to try going over the trees and finding a place to land inside.


Male Casrua. Inquisitor 20/Ranger10(gestalt feat)/Nature's Warden7(prestigious)

Akor takes flight, flying up over the trees and looks for a safe-ish place to land.


RETIRED Half-Elf Summoner (Synthesist) 20 / Gestalt (Two-Handed) Fighter 10 / Mythic Champion (Dual Path Guardian) Tier 4

Tialvoron, seurrounded by his eidolon, casts greater heroism.

"What is your purpose here?" he asks of the eyes.


Tialvoron Manaril wrote:

Tialvoron, seurrounded by his eidolon, casts greater heroism.

"What is your purpose here?" he asks of the eyes.

They respond to Tia's question by another round of maniacal giggling. The eyes bobbing mockingly.


Akor Scourgebane wrote:
Akor takes flight, flying up over the trees and looks for a safe-ish place to land.

The canopy is very thick. Though your knowledge of nature you can estimate what might be an area between a few trees. You'll be going in blind, but it's a start.


RETIRED Half-Elf Summoner (Synthesist) 20 / Gestalt (Two-Handed) Fighter 10 / Mythic Champion (Dual Path Guardian) Tier 4

Tialvoron proceeds in the direction we were headed.


Tialvoron Manaril wrote:
Tialvoron proceeds in the direction we were headed.

A chorus of

"Play with us!"
"play With us"
"play with Us!"

"Play with us!"
"play With us"
"play with Us!"

"Play with us!"
"play With us"
"play with Us!"

emits from the wood. The eyes get increasingly excited as Tia walks forward. You begin to see the shine of white teeth flash occasionally in the gloom.


Construct (Outsider) LN Axiomite MachineSmith L20 (Mighty - Feat) Mythic HIEROPHANT 'LAW' (Duel path GUARDIAN) T4
Status:
Init +28 | AC53* FF41 T27 | HP226/226 | F -- | R +51 | W +49 | Per +38

Rosa casts

status Greater

Then Plane Adaption


RETIRED Half-Elf Summoner (Synthesist) 20 / Gestalt (Two-Handed) Fighter 10 / Mythic Champion (Dual Path Guardian) Tier 4

Tialvoron draws his sword. well it was already drawn but i wanted to make sure i explicitly stated it

"You don't want to play a game with us. Do not delay my work. Go bother some other dreamer."

intimidate: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (3) + 19 = 22


In the realm of dreams

Tialvoron Manaril wrote:

Tialvoron draws his sword. well it was already drawn but i wanted to make sure i explicitly stated it

"You don't want to play a game with us. Do not delay my work. Go bother some other dreamer."

[dice=intimidate]1d20+19

The forest erupts in sinister childlike laughter.

"He wants to play."
**Laughter of children**
"To play"
**Laughter of children**
"To play"
**Laughter of children**
"He does."
**Laughter of children**
"He does."
**Laughter of children**
"What kind of game do we play?"
**Laughter of children**
"What kind of game do we play?"
**Laughter of children**
"A fun game."
**Laughter of children**
"Game."
**Laughter of children**
**Laughter of children**
The voices take on a darker more sinister tone. It now sounds like children crossed with beasts.

"A game with pretty pointy things in the dark."
**Darker more sinister laughter**
"Yeeessssss."

**Sudden silence and the eye's wink simultaneously out and goes dark.**

Initiatives all around. You too Akor.


Round 1

On the prime material.

Akor decends between a croup of trees. The wood is dark, but you can see a small clearing. As you land you hear nothing. Eerily nothing.

You see mist coming from the wood in a surge. It covers the area around you almost instantly.

The mist is extremely cold. and you hear clopping of horse galloping not far off.

roll Initiative. OOC I'll tell you you have one round to prepare before combat.


Ok, everyone. Out of sheer coincidence both these combats are starting simultaneously and will happen concurrently. I think that's the best way to keep things straight. Therefore round 1 for one group is round 1 for both groups. That starts now.


RETIRED Half-Elf Summoner (Synthesist) 20 / Gestalt (Two-Handed) Fighter 10 / Mythic Champion (Dual Path Guardian) Tier 4

init: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25


Round 1

Plane of dreams.

In a blur a small shapes zip impossibly fast from one side of the wood and then back into it.

DM rolls:

Rosa's 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 191d10 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Tia's 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 351d10 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

Confirm crit 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26

Rosa takes no damage, but she does feel and hear a blade run across her defenses.

Tia takes 19 points of slashing damage

I assume neither of you are subject to unholy damage?

Small voices from the wood say to one another

"These are tough ones."
*giggle giggle*
"They don't want to play with us.
*giggle giggle*
"We'll have to try harder."
*giggle giggle*

They went first on the first round. This particular attack wasn't subject to Attacks of opportunity. Now you guys are up.

Edit: Oh, I don't know your damage reductions and all that. Just help me by keeping a running total of your HP when you post. I'll let you do your own math. Just let me know what it is as it comes up.


Male Casrua. Inquisitor 20/Ranger10(gestalt feat)/Nature's Warden7(prestigious)

1d20 + 27 ⇒ (15) + 27 = 42 Initiative

You said I have one round to prepare, before combat begins?


What it says on the tin; Caffiene addict 20
Akor Scourgebane wrote:

1d20+27 Initiative

You said I have one round to prepare, before combat begins?

it's currently the beginning of round 1, though you presently see nothing dangerous. Your warrior senses tell you that this creepy fog and hoofbeats mean trouble though. I was just telling you OOC that you won't be attacked round 1.


Male Weremonkey Rogue/Ranger/Trickster

Opps, I forgot to add +6 to that above roll, as I am in a forest. Should be a 48.

Akor stays ready, looking around for any signs of trouble 1d20 + 94 ⇒ (15) + 94 = 109 Perception, Darkvision 60'


RETIRED Half-Elf Summoner (Synthesist) 20 / Gestalt (Two-Handed) Fighter 10 / Mythic Champion (Dual Path Guardian) Tier 4

+94... ok. you can see the individual protons and electrons that make up the elements that make up the fog. (i assume you meant +49 haha)


Male Casrua. Inquisitor 20/Ranger10(gestalt feat)/Nature's Warden7(prestigious)

Nope. +33 base, +30 for Acute Senses, +20 from his magic item(might stat that out tonight), +5 from Perceive Cues, +6 from Favored Terrain


RETIRED Half-Elf Summoner (Synthesist) 20 / Gestalt (Two-Handed) Fighter 10 / Mythic Champion (Dual Path Guardian) Tier 4

daaaaaaaang


Male Casrua. Inquisitor 20/Ranger10(gestalt feat)/Nature's Warden7(prestigious)

Acute Senses only lasts for 20mins, but Perceive Cues I believe is 20hrs.


Construct (Outsider) LN Axiomite MachineSmith L20 (Mighty - Feat) Mythic HIEROPHANT 'LAW' (Duel path GUARDIAN) T4
Status:
Init +28 | AC53* FF41 T27 | HP226/226 | F -- | R +51 | W +49 | Per +38

Round 1 Initi
1d20 + 20 ⇒ (16) + 20 = 36
HP full
Spells running
LongStrider
Protection from Chaos
status Greater
planar-adaptation

Rosa pulls from herself the Great sword Veri-Aequitas
Its glows with a green light.

Axiomatic
Lucky
Soulbreaker


Round 2

On the prime:

Akor sees a well dressed humanoid riding a white horse. Actually, both the man, his horse, and everything on the both of them is completely white. The horses hooves dissipate into mist as it clomps at the air about 8 feet off the ground. The man and the horse are difficult to see in the mists. THe mist rolling off the two of them is physically thicker and colder.

The man is elf-looking, but clearly far closer to Fey than elf. He looks at you with haughty distain.

DM rolls:

You know you're not supposed to be reading these. ;-)They may be subject to change. I don't have my book in front of me.

Ice lance 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (8) + 21 = 296d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 4, 6, 1, 2) = 171d10 ⇒ 3

He leans forward on his horse and says calmly. "You've made a grave mistake."

He flicks his wrist flippantly and in that instant a lance of hardened ice comes into being and flies at you.

It shatters on your defenses, but the sheer cold seems to try to wrap around you.

YOu take 17 cold damage. or less depending on resistances.


Round 2 Plane of dreams

Rosa and tia begin to hear hundreds of voices chanting.


RETIRED Half-Elf Summoner (Synthesist) 20 / Gestalt (Two-Handed) Fighter 10 / Mythic Champion (Dual Path Guardian) Tier 4

"Well, do you want to play or do you want to get out of my way?"

i believe they had first initiative on the round so i will wait for their move i believe.


Male Casrua. Inquisitor 20/Ranger10(gestalt feat)/Nature's Warden7(prestigious)

Whoa now, do I not get any immediate actions? Also does it bypass my 20% concealment?


Akor Scourgebane wrote:
Whoa now, do I not get any immediate actions? Also does it bypass my 20% concealment?

You have to forgive me. I don't know all of your powers. You can take an immediate action to try to negate the damage. Also the creature of mist can see in the mist without an issue.


Tialvoron Manaril wrote:

"Well, do you want to play or do you want to get out of my way?"

i believe they had first initiative on the round so i will wait for their move i believe.

You're delaying. got it.


Male Casrua. Inquisitor 20/Ranger10(gestalt feat)/Nature's Warden7(prestigious)

I have concealment due to a Cloak of Minor Displacement, also I am assuming no save, right? Finally, would a higher AC help at all?


RETIRED Half-Elf Summoner (Synthesist) 20 / Gestalt (Two-Handed) Fighter 10 / Mythic Champion (Dual Path Guardian) Tier 4
DM TCG wrote:
Tialvoron Manaril wrote:

"Well, do you want to play or do you want to get out of my way?"

i believe they had first initiative on the round so i will wait for their move i believe.

You're delaying. got it.

basically i need to see them to attack. and if they attack me, my spell gives me a retributive attack. if nothing happens by the end of the turn i will move forward.


Construct (Outsider) LN Axiomite MachineSmith L20 (Mighty - Feat) Mythic HIEROPHANT 'LAW' (Duel path GUARDIAN) T4
Status:
Init +28 | AC53* FF41 T27 | HP226/226 | F -- | R +51 | W +49 | Per +38

Rosa walks up to the eyes and nukes em in front

Channel Law 10d6 + 2d6 item DC35 (class) in a 60 line in front.

MALLEABLE SYMBOL:

as a free action the bearer can alter the channel area to one of the following options:

10-foot burst centered anywhere within 30 feet
60-foot line
30-foot cone

12d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 1, 2, 6, 5, 3, 1, 6, 5, 6, 2) = 44 Law DC 35


Akor Scourgebane wrote:
I have concealment due to a Cloak of Minor Displacement, also I am assuming no save, right? Finally, would a higher AC help at all?

ahh

1d100 ⇒ 54


My updates got eaten. Lets try again.


DM TCG wrote:
Akor Scourgebane wrote:
I have concealment due to a Cloak of Minor Displacement, also I am assuming no save, right? Finally, would a higher AC help at all?

ahh

1d100

It still hits.

Higher AC could theoretically help, but it's a touch attack. No save.

Do you have spell resistance?


What it says on the tin; Caffiene addict 20
Rosa.Luminass. wrote:

Rosa walks up to the eyes and nukes em in front

Channel Law 10d6 + 2d6 item DC35 (class) in a 60 line in front.

** spoiler omitted **

12d6 Law DC 35

Clarify please. You channeled energy that hurts chaotic creatures directly in front of you in a 30'cone?


RETIRED Half-Elf Summoner (Synthesist) 20 / Gestalt (Two-Handed) Fighter 10 / Mythic Champion (Dual Path Guardian) Tier 4

for the record on future spells, Tialvoron has SR 31


We're doing this as a group, so if I hit you with a spell or something and you have defenses that might be relevant feel free to remind me and I'll adjudicate.

Edit:Also if you want to put your defenses in the race field they'll show up on your avatar for easy reference.


Male Casrua. Inquisitor 20/Ranger10(gestalt feat)/Nature's Warden7(prestigious)

As soon as he sees the rider step through the mists, Akor calls upon his divine might Immediate action, activating Judgement, choosing Justice(+5 atk), Destruction(Slayer, +9 dmg), and Protection(+5 bonus to AC). Current AC is 39, don't think it'll help vs the Ice Lance, but wanted to use this now

Also, 1d20 + 41 ⇒ (17) + 41 = 58 Knowledge Nature to figure out what this


Akor Scourgebane wrote:

As soon as he sees the rider step through the mists, Akor calls upon his divine might Immediate action, activating Judgement, choosing Justice(+5 atk), Destruction(Slayer, +9 dmg), and Protection(+5 bonus to AC). Current AC is 39, don't think it'll help vs the Ice Lance, but wanted to use this now

Also, 1d20+41 Knowledge Nature to figure out what this

The icelance still hits home.

You're certain this is some kind of elder fey though you're not entirely certain what it is. You can tell it's powerful. You're not entirely certain you're a match. Especially on it's home turf.

It's not in a pathfinder book.


Male Casrua. Inquisitor 20/Ranger10(gestalt feat)/Nature's Warden7(prestigious)

As a standard action, Detecting Evil

Thanks to his innate resistances, Akor does not suffer the full effects of the attack Cold res 5. He grunts as that spell hits him however. "Not the best of ways to start things off, but I am Aelakoress Shriraryn, Champion of the Seldarine. Please forgive me as I know I am trespassing, but I have come here to investigate what exactly is transpiring within these woods."

1d20 + 42 ⇒ (20) + 42 = 62 Diplomacy


Akor Scourgebane wrote:

As a standard action, Detecting Evil

Thanks to his innate resistances, Akor does not suffer the full effects of the attack Cold res 5. He grunts as that spell hits him however. "Not the best of ways to start things off, but I am Aelakoress Shriraryn, Champion of the Seldarine. Please forgive me as I know I am trespassing, but I have come here to investigate what exactly is transpiring within these woods."

1d20+42 Diplomacy

You can see the utter distain in his eyes. "This place is not yours and what transpires here is not your concern, elven mench. I only dain to speak to you because of our ancient bloodline connection. Were you any other race I would kill you for such insolence. I give you one chance. Leave now quickly and without another word and I will consider this insult as you might consider a child overstepping their bounds. Off with you." He wave his hand in a dismissive gesture. The very mist of the area seems to accentuate and mimic the gesture, somehow.

601 to 650 of 862 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ambitious Hearts: Tales from the Forgotten Realms All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.