Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Ambitious Hearts: Tales from the Forgotten Realms

Game Master Dogbladewarrior


1 to 50 of 862 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Giant 4th level MMA trainee/10th level Bully (lost class features with alignment shift)/2nd level Philosopher

I am Elminster of Shadowdale, called by some the Old Sage, and called far worse things by others. I've walked these realms for over a thousand years. Yet, I am far from the oldest, wisest, or mightiest being to walk the ground of Faerûn with my well-worn boots—and that is truth. But if ye learn the long history of my deeds, ye'll know precisely what I stand for and what I am. And that's a rare and precious thing, knowing yourself. Do ye know exactly what ye stand for? –Elminster, Chosen of Mystra.

The Forgotten Realms; ancient, majestic, and packed to the brim with Gods, Monsters and Magic. It is a world of endless opportunity as well as stark danger and black horror. The Realms are vast, and full of adventure, and while they cannot be said to be a particularly fair place, as the deserving often go without and the corrupt and useless handed more power than they can reasonably handle, there does exist a kind of a savage meritocracy for those with the will and ambition to take what they desire.

It is said that every mortal heart, from purist saint to darkest sociopath, harbors within it strong desires and dreams; deep seated wants that call out to be fulfilled. All men hear this internal siren, but intuitively understand that the deck is stack against them, that they are likely too weak and the world too hostile for them to ever obtain what they want. To merely survive their life with their desires unfulfilled is a bleak proposition however, so they try to talk their heart down. “I must be realistic.” Some say when they think of their dream. Others: “If the world were just I would have what I deserve, but as it is not, there is nothing I can do.” Some go even so far as to tell that most heinous of lies: “It’s alright in the end, I didn’t really want it anyway…not really.” The history of the sentient species is mostly one of dreams dying young and desires left behind to rot.

But this is not always the case….

There also exists people who, for reasons ranging from burning altruistic conviction to pompous megalomania, spit in the eye of an unfair world and demand that there dreams be fulfilled. The hearts of these individuals burn like a star compared to the faint candles of the average person. They have the courage, passion, and downright arrogance to believe that one small being in a vast multiverse can not only live a life that matters, but overturn the world with sheer bloody minded determination.

What follows are the tales of such larger than life figures and the conflicts, setbacks and victories of their manic struggles to squeeze a life of meaning from a spiteful and tyrannical world. Will their tales end in agony and defeat? Or will they achieve their ambitions and live their dreams? Only time will tell.

Join me now, and listen as their stories unfold….


RETIRED Male (Humanoid (Aberrant)) Psion 10, Uncarnate 10, Metamind 7

Aovar's Prologue

The day has come again. Always a nuisance, today is the day of tax negotiations with Lord Eles Wianar. The Lord has become more and more bold in his demands, seeking to take advantage of Aovar's generally kind nature and the guise of an old man that he affects when going into Arrabar.

"Well, we should be going. I'd like to be a little early," said Aovar to Lorosu. Lorosu was a gnome, and the best Nomad in the colony.

"The others are here, we can leave now," said Lorosu as the others arrived. Seer Annashdan and Telepath Enugan, Pseudodragon sister and brother. Shaper Esin, grey dwarf. Kineticist Anenmer, high elf. Egoist Sana, human from the College of the Eclipse in Tethyr. In their company were a small host of psychic warriors, wearing various armors and carrying varying weapons, if any at all.

An instant later, the group appears in the grand courtyard of Generon, the palace from which Lord Wianar ruled. Generon's stately dome is plated in silver and gold, and barracks and guard posts of Lord Wianar's personal army surround it. The group walks in a column through the huge arched entrance, with bodyguards flanking each psion.

"One moment," says the court herald, a balding and portly man dressed in the middling finery of current court fashion. He clearly recognizes Aovar's group, as few in Chondath were so diverse. The man turns around, and the doors to Lord Wianar's throne room are opened by two attendant guards. The man walks in and in a voice much louder than one would expect, the man shouts "Aovar, Mayor of the newly risen city of Naarkolyth, has arrived with his host of advisors!"

"Mayor, come in." Lord Wianar sits on his throne, a man well into middle age and dressed in finery more befitting a king than a lord. "But there is no king, is there?" Aovar muses to himself. The group from Naarkolyth enters and the doors are closed behind them. Aovar leans on his cane and bows shakily, as befitting the guise of a rickety old man that he has assumed.

After some silence, Aovar began, "I have come, as scheduled, to address the issue of the taxation of our cit-"

Lord Wianar interjects, "Yes, yes, the taxes are too high. Every year you return with your lackeys, begging for lower taxes. I am preparing this nation for WAR, old man, and war costs money. You are fortunate enough that I allow you to pay in spellcasting services, yet you refuse to fulfill most requests, citing law that I determine!" Lord Wianar is getting red in the face by now.

This will not end well, but neither will maintaining our current course, Aovar thought to himself. In spite of Wianar's anger, Aovar presses the issue. "M'lord, laws are in place to protect the people. All people. None are above the law, including yourself. We will not use our Art to dominate the minds of those who would oppose you. To do so violates laws set forth by Auppenser, whose law carries more weight than the laws of man. Furthermore, your increase in taxes proves too distracting from our research, and far exceeds a fair percentage of the moss-covered stone we heaved up from the depths."

Lord Wianar seems to have regained his composure when he says, "Then what do you propose? The law states that the cities will pay the taxes that I set. If they refuse, then I am within my rights to reclaim from their cities what I must in order to recover what duly belongs to the state. You will do your part in this war, I assure you of that."

Aovar says, "Naarkolyth, by law, is a historical ruin. As such, it is not subject to taxes. We pay taxes as good faith in return for protection from the state in which it falls. The fact that we are living there does not in fact make it a city by law. To send soldiers there to claim subjects of our research would be larceny or worse. If the state does not protect the site, as it wouldn't in the event of your repossession, then we have recourse to declare independence, in which case such a repossession would be an act of war and governed accordingly by laws of war. We want nothing but to be left out of your war and to perform our research in peace."

The acrid stench of red-hot steel assaults the nasal passages of those immediately nearby as Enugan interjects mentally to the group from Naarkolyth, "Hostile intent detected from Wianar."

Aovar responds mentally, "Damnation, I had hoped to avoid hostilities. It seems that this petulant child does not like it when a toy falls beyond his reach. Still he grasps for Naarkolyth, to keep from sharing it with us. I do not want any of his guards harmed if hostilities erupt. I will give him a final lesson before we leave here, never to return."

The redness has returned to the Lord's face, and he shouts, "Guards! Seize them!"

Particles of light fall to the ground, giving off a musical note as each mote touches the ground. Less than a second later, all the guards instantly disappear.

At the same time, an aura of white fire erupts around Esin's head as a roiling mass of neon green ectoplasm blocks the door.

"What do you think you are doing, old man?!" Wianar shouts, while reaching for a pouch at his waist.

"Old man, eh? If only he knew how right he was and how young he truly is," Aovar thinks to himself, somewhat saddened by the man's behavior.

Aovar aims his cane at Wianar with blinding speed, and a purple beam hits the man, the purple energy coalescing around him. As he tries to cast a spell in response, the energy dissipates before the spell forms.

"Guards! GUARDS!" pleads Lord Wianar as his next spell fails.

As Aovar walks forward, his appearance shifts to exactly match that of Lord Wianar in all respects. His walking stick becomes a silvery staff with scores of gems encrusted into it, with a few orbiting the head of the staff.

"Young Lord, know that I now strike you not in anger, but as a father strikes his errant son. Let the memory of what transpires today stick with you longer than your bruises will. I sincerely hope that, rather than ferment your rage, this teaches you that there are beings more powerful than yourself, holdings more grand than yours, and armies mightier than yours."

"You can't do this!" says Wianar, now staring at the mirror image of himself that approaches him.

Aovar reaches Lord Wianar's position, stops, and continues to speak, "Naarkolyth henceforth will not count among your holdings nor among your allies. You will receive no taxes or aid of any sort from its inhabitants. Any incursion by you or your forces will be considered an act of war and responded to in kind. I and my advisors now take our leave of your nation."

Aovar then strikes the man twice with his staff before Wianar falls into his seat at the throne. Sana steps forward and closes the man's wounds and ensures his vitality is stable before the group from Naarkolyth disappear.

Hours later, the guards reappear in a flash of light and soft musical notes. "Where'd they go, m'lord?" the captain of the guard asks quizzically, looking back at the tyrant. "M'lord? M'lord!"


Construct (Outsider) LN Axiomite MachineSmith L20 (Mighty - Feat) Mythic HIEROPHANT 'LAW' (Duel path GUARDIAN) T4
Status:
Init +28 | AC53* FF41 T27 | HP226/226 | F -- | R +51 | W +49 | Per +38

Rosa stands and waits in the war tend of the current commander of the Hellish hoard. She had been waiting a age but that was of mind as she was ordered to be here. All around small devils and there ilk ran errands for this vast ziggurat of bureaucracy in the pits of the hells. She had all the time in the world she would wait to be called. The number of her chit she had was 764093761984-8237 she looked up a small imp was changing the number on the board over head. 554093761245-0213A Not long then. She waited some more.


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56

dot. Will post tonight


Construct (Outsider) LN Axiomite MachineSmith L20 (Mighty - Feat) Mythic HIEROPHANT 'LAW' (Duel path GUARDIAN) T4
Status:
Init +28 | AC53* FF41 T27 | HP226/226 | F -- | R +51 | W +49 | Per +38

As she stood waiting her mind moved to other places other times. "You are the sword and the sword is you" That is what Diirik her devilkin has said, her training had been harsh, endless and the best.

"All will hate you, Devil and fiend alike, your takes to make those that fear, fear. YOU ARE THE LAST LINE OF DEFIANCE!, you find the threat no matter where it may hid and you cut it out. Hounds punish the traitorous and spy. As long as there have been Hell's there have been hounds. YOU ARE THE HOUNDS OF HELL!"

killing and a war with out end. The 'blood war'. That forever war that was the only thing holding back the infection of Tanar'ri and its Demonic fiends seeking to take all. She was Devilkin that was all that mattered, they had convection and they had discipline wile the fiends where base and rude, the stuff of emotions.

At the thought if feelings her mind wandered, she remembers a time of rooms and play, in the house of her farther, there 'Nana' who looked after her and tell her story’s of the world outside. Rosa knew she could not go out, it was a bad thing and if ever her father found her close to a door or shaded window, he would get very angry. Life was sunbeams for shuttered windows, play and sleep.

Then one say the house servants had a party for her, Nana gave her a new dress, Rosa had just put it on when her Farther came. He told Nana he needed Rosa to come to his workshop and that she had to stay. Nana had gotten very upset, but told Rosa she had to go with Pappa, Rosa was worried but Rosa had followed her Farther.

She had never been to his workshop it was big, full of books and bottles. A strange Patten had been made in the middle of the floor, and Some thing was there, a monster, Rosa was not scared she had seen her father with Monsters before. Monster Held out its hand, “You come with me now” it said, Rosa looked at her Farther who just nodded, Rosa held her hand out, she had fear but she had known better than to say no to her father, "are you talking me to my birthday party?" she has asked, the Monster smiled, “The deal is done, you have want you wanted “ this was all it said, talking to her farther wile looking at Rosa.

Then a flash of darkness and Rosa was in a hot place, all around Monster walked and worked, The one holding her picked up an metal collar and placed around her neck. “You is slave now, you work here, carry and do fast or pain” he placed a drinking jug in her hand and her mind fogged over.

Time passed, how much she had no idea, she worked with others like her, in a great tent made of skin and bone. Her life was work, if she was slow hes was crushed under foot, to awake the next day in the blood pits, Her body whole once more by Rhenish magic but just once more to be sent back to work carrying food and drink to the Monsters.
The tent moved, as its owners the lord of hells willed and she with it, she never once looked outside the tent, she knew only work, pain and the pits.

Then came the time of a fight, another slave, a new one was being slow, if he was not faster she and he would be crushed, he would not move or let her past, so with one swing she smashed he head in and walked over his body to the tables. The Monsters seem to think this was funny, one of them picked Rosa up in its clawed hand, “Fine one this, she has fire in her, you wast such fire in slave, place her in the army she will do well.” With that he broke her neck. When she came to she was in a blood pit she had never seen before, it was a cell and standing over it was a Monster holding large knifes. There was others around her, “worms you are mine, so heed me well, lean to fight and die well and I may let you live on, you will fight and you will die, each time as our lord wills and you will do so no matter what” with that he throw the Knifes into the pit. "Last one standing gets in army". Rosa did not win that day or the next, but soon she did and in doing so joined the ranks of Hells army in the Blood wars. She became fodder to fight and die in endless conflict.

Time passed, then came the sword.

She and others had been sent to frontally attack a rogue Devil, “You will charge at it, all! of you and keep it distracted while an agent of our masters deals with it. Most, if not all of you will be sent back to the blood pits and death, this is what you are meant to do, Now go and die has our lords will”

They ran over the hill and down to the waiting Devil, they died, its grate hammer smashing them while it tail flicked from side to side. Rosa was hit and thrown next to a rock, there she waited for death and the pits once more.

But as she lay dying she had time to see a shape move up behind the Devil, it was eating some of her fellow slaves. The Shape held in its hands a large black and red sword, it came close and then moved to smite the Fiend lover, but somehow it gave its actions away, its target move so fast, spinning it held out a small bird like thing.

“Do you think you could get me like that hell hound!!” The small thing In its hands screamed and the one with the sword stopped dead.

Why is he not moving?

Rose thought, and then she could see, he had become stone. “Silly little hound of hell”, the Devil said, “they should know better than to send the likes of you, such an INSULT!!” then with its head high it screamed “if they wants ME! they can come themselves” with one move its tail smashed the Stone form.

Rosa closed her eyes as rubble fell around her, she could hear that the Devil as once more back to its meal. She opened her eyes, the pain was grater, but she could see that the hounds sword had fallen by her side.
Fallen there, She looked at it, it was a work of art, the runes on it seemed to flow and shift, so pretty, slowly she moved her hand to touch them,

A voice said in her head said “who do we have here?, weak and small but with arms that can use us, there is room for improvement, just a little life left it, but it will do, rule broken or not you must do, HOUND PICK ME UP!”

They found her two days later, Still holding the Sword in the Back of the how headless and very dead traitor.

When they went to take her back the sword had commanded.
"This one is mine now, Make her whole once more and send her back to me!"

This was how long ago Rosa's had joined the ranks of the Hounds of Hell.

Hell's policing force tasked with uncovering dangers to not just the Hells but the order of the very world it's self.

She looked once more at the number overhead - 61409363245-2613A

time passed


dot to get this on my campaign page


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

The morning had come and the self-named Warlord Geld stood facing the northern window of one of the great towers of his estate. This window overlooked his mass of arms men preparing for war below. They were well drilled and prepared for battle. They had worked through the night to be ready for war. They needed nothing more than his order.

Turning back to the room his eyes took in the whole of the room. He even made it a point to check the ceiling. Many dead men could have avoided such a fate if they remembered to check the ceiling. He survived an attempt on his life in his youth by one who attempted to conceal himself with magic. The warlord had narrowly avoided a knife across the throat that time. That was the first assassin whose head decorated his outer walls, but far from the last. It had cost him a fortune, but the warlord had his eyes enchanted to pierce concealing magics. He had sworn never to be caught so unaware again. Though the price was steep the enchantments to his eyes had served him well over the years. More than one would-be assassin found a knife in his belly while he thought himself unobserved. Even in his short reverie the warlord thoroughly checked the room, again, making it a point to move in such a way that he could casually check around the potted plants his third wife insisted on keeping all over the keep. She would say something about them freshening up the air or some such female nonsense. She was getting too comfortable in her role. She yet lived due in no small part to the fact that the warlord didn’t want to re-train yet another wife. He would allow her this small indulgence so long as she and her plants didn’t get in his way. Confident he sighed slightly at the thought of having to deal with a new wife before turning his attention to the maps and papers held down by small weights on the table. They contained maps and small figures that outlined his upcoming battle strategy.

Last spring that pratt would-be dukeling what’s-his-name from the neighboring lands had insulted the warlord at the kings gala. The only reason the warlord had held off taking action this long was out of respect for the dukeling’s father, Duke Porthos. Porthos was a strong leader who kept a strong army. His son, on the other hand, was an insolent pratt who should have been thrown to wolves as a baby. Warlord Geld had extended Duke Porthos the courtesy of not sacking his castle and taking his lands because it would have been costly. Though since the Duke Porthos had plummeted to the paving stones of his courtyard from the battlements a fortnight ago, that particular courtesy was about to be revoked. Warlord Geld laughed to himself at the thought of the duke’s son trying to lead an army. This would be the shortest military campaign of his career. Still Geld looked over his plans and considered how to make the most of this venture.

From behind Geld in a previously empty room came a voice in a most irritated and sardonic voice
”A word, Warlord.”

In the same movement the warlord spun and drew his sword. Where a potted plant had stood previously now stood an average height elf wearing a finely crafted white and blue robe. A mithril circlet worked across his brow and through his short blonde hair. His hands calmly held behind his back. The elf held himself as regal as the highest king of the land, though that was hardly unusual for an elf.
”GUARDS!!!” The warlord Geld yelled then continued in an angry tone ”Who dares sneak up on me in my own chamber? It doesn’t matter. I’ll you’re your head on my wall within the hour.”

The elf raised his eyebrow and the weapon flew out of the warlords hand to slam a foot deep into the stone wall. ”Bloody Spellcasters.” The warlord thought as he crouched and prepared for a fight, grinning slightly as he heard his honor guard coming down the corridor. With a wave and a word the elf conjured a transparent impossibly thin wall about three inches from the inward swinging door. The door began to move frantically as the guards on the other side repeatedly slammed it against the transparent wall.

”I came to talk.” The elf said calmly. ”You and I need to…”

The elf was cut off as the warlord charged, though the elf was not caught unaware. Mid stride the warlord found himself snatched backwards and thrown against the near invisible wall like a ragdoll. Landing with a thud the warlord was not released by whatever energy held him. He was held firm about six inches from the chamber floor. The guards still banging the chamber door fruitlessly against the transparent wall not three inches from the warlords head.

The elf placed his hands back behind his back and continued in a more irritated voice. ”I was hoping to just have a polite conversation, but if you force my hand I will end you here and now. Listen closely because I do hate to repeat myself. Clearly you do not know who I am, though that alone does not offend me. What offends my me is this senseless war you’re about to start. I have more important things to do then play nursemaid to this petty game of houses. I assure you that if you force me I will do far worse than box your ears as a nurse would.” Walking casually toward the warlord even as the warlords body rotated to put his eyes at the same level as the elf’s, though the warlord was turned sideways to do so. ”Are you now ready to talk like reasonable men or shall I throw you out that window.” the elf motions with his head.

Though still clearly angry the warlord replied between clenched teeth. ”Let us talk.”

The warlord was turned and placed on his feet as the elf took a few steps back. The power that held the warlord released gently.

”Now, lets try this again.” The elf spoke though his eyes stayed on the warlord ”I am Sparel Radymah, a traveler, archmagus, and devotee of the dreamer. I do what I can to keep this word from falling into chaos.” Sparel said almost humbly. ”Now you’re little war is a relatively small thing, however it’s just the catalyst certain other’s need to get some truly horrific plans into motion. Now the question I have for you is what will it take for you to keep your infighting within your own borders? ”

The warlord Geld listened, but moved slowly toward his table. The warlord grinned at the question deviously. ”Travel with me to the Porthos estate. Surely one of your ability could easily make the transition of power without unnecessary bloodshed. ”

Sparel’s face was a mask of disappointment. ”I was hoping for better from you. That’s my vice I suppose. I always hope people will be better than they are. Alas, it’s often not the case. ” Sparel shrugs ”If you’ll indulge me I’d like to show you something. Come back to the window and look upon your men contemplatively again.” Sparel motions to the window. The warlord hesitated remembering the comment about throwing him out the window. Sparel chuckles. ”Warlord, if I had wanted to throw you out the window I could do so from where you stand.” Motioning again, ”Please. You can bring the knife strapped under the table if it makes you more comfortable.”

The warlord grabbed the large hunting knife from under the table and placed it in his belt before heading to the window. The two men stood side by side surveying the army below. Speaking, but not looking at one another.

Sparel spoke calmly, ”It’s an impressive army.”

”Thank you,” The warlord said grudgingly.

Continuing ” Though I can’t let you go to war. The consequences are bigger than you can imagine. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m assuming asking nicely will be insufficient.” The warlord nods in the affirmative. ”I see. Allow me to change the subject. Did you know that 300 years ago you’re ancestor had no male heirs and feared that upon his death, he was very ill you see, the lesser lords would fight and his lands would be split. He spent much of his life expanding his kingdom. He considered it his legacy. So he decreed that in the event of the death of a ruler with no male heirs the stewardship and power of the ruler would fall to the first lady of the land and then down to his daughters should the first lady not be alive to rule. Interesting, you see? ”

The warlord glanced at sparel, but sparel still looked upon the troops. Sparel calmly continued ”Also, your wife, … This is the third one, right?...I digress. You’re wife is a burgeoning druid. Did you realize that? I imagine a druidess would make excellent decisions to turn your war-torn nation into something useful. I must say I’m rather glad you elevated her from your harem even if you didn’t understand the implication at the time.”

The warlord glanced at the doorway where the guards were still failing to enter.

Still continuing ”So the question is what to do with you. I’d like to simply turn you into an invalid, but then you’d just linger. Also it makes a more definitive statement if a ruler is usurped in more spectacular fashion. It’s a right of passage for a kingdom, if you will. ”

”Now.” Sparel telepathically tells his someone.

”First we’ll need a distraction. Something dramatic.” Pointing to the men in the courtyard Sparel motions for the Warlord to look. Tentatively the warlord looks upon the men. He only notices just as they fall, but something is falling from the sky. For just a split second he sees that they’re small wooden boxes raining down upon the men.

They hit the ground and break open releasing the spell contained within. Where each hits a noxious green vapor rolls out enveloping the men and chaos ensues. Screaming, panic and sounds of vomiting.

”Unfortunately your reign has to end, but I will give you a gift. How would you like to end your life? Will you do it or shall I? ”

The warlord draws his blade

”As you wish.” Sparel says calmly

With a glance the warlords sword rips itself from the wall and plants itself hilt deep into Warlord Geld. Sparel looks upon the corpse with sadness. ”I always think the best of men and they often disappoint. It’s those few who pleasantly surprise me that makt it worth it.”

Timing it to where the guards are trying to get in Sparel Dismisses the wall spell and teleports away.

Standing upon his ship he salutes a man in a triton hat. The man salutes back.

”Well done, sir.” Sparel says

”You as well.” Captain Dusama replies.

”What’s our next appointment?”

”Some of our friends are having a drought to the north. We could bring rain,” The captain suggested

Sparel sighed ”I hate having to dethrone a tyrant. Though perhaps his bride will serve the realms better. Once the panic of those sick bombs wares off I’m sure she’ll do what she must. She’s a strong one. May her rule be fair and wise.”

”Sometimes we do what we must, not what we prefer. Such is the way.” Captain Dusama

Sparel smiles at Dusama’s kind words. ”I could use some time without bloodshed. Very well, lets bring rain.” Sparel motions. ”I’ll be in my quarters. Call me if you need me.”

”Aye Aye.”


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56

Dammit! I did it again. Shaezon is supposed to be Sparel. Ug. I promise I'm not normally this incompetent.


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56

Continued...

At the captains order the ship came alive with movement. Some movement was men quickly going about their tasks. Other movement still was the intangible fields of energy that performed duities as a trained sailor would. Lines to raise sails were pulled, supplies fastened down or moved, and small ports along the side of the far rail were closed. The small ports billowed smoke until closed.

When the sails were high the captain grabbed the wheel with one hand and an orb on a pediatal. "Make ready!" he yelled and the men braced themselves and moved away from the edges. The orb began to glow softly and as it did the winds picked up and filled the sails. As it cleared the fog bank there was not held aloft by water, but it sailed across the sky. Far below the panic and sickness inducing smoke lingered.

One sailor with a spyglass pointed down noted to another "those sick bombs worked pretty well."

The other nodded in agreement.

With sails full the ship sailed across the skies.


Construct (Outsider) LN Axiomite MachineSmith L20 (Mighty - Feat) Mythic HIEROPHANT 'LAW' (Duel path GUARDIAN) T4
Status:
Init +28 | AC53* FF41 T27 | HP226/226 | F -- | R +51 | W +49 | Per +38

The number moved to 63519352299-2612A

Rose closed her eyes and remembered.

The Palace was vast and opulent, Grand war leader Krookon had just some back from a meeting with hes most trusted generals. In two days time their would be war. His preparations and calculations where complete, they would crush the Bight kingdoms to the east. Of course great would be the killing
on both side, they would attack in the fall when the harvests where to be taken in. tens of thousands would stave on both-sides but he did not care, they could all die so long as his power and domain grow. The great white temples would fall, the peace would end.

She the interloper had been waiting, the wards where simple to bypass, the interlopers art and skill was such that they would not know how or when the interloper had done it. She had been waiting her chance to have a little chat with this despot.

How sad, just look at him he dos not have a clue what he is dealing with, did he really think he could start a war with our, more powerful than he could possible understands, stepping in and ending this presumptive silliness. Well you will learn in a few moments.

She looked at the Guards held still in time,

"Just about now"

Grand war leader Krookon had stopped to look at a guard that had not saluted,

"What wrong with you man! ILL HAVE YO... there is some thing amiss here"

From behind the interloper takes her Q

"Did you really think you could get away with it Krookon?"

He span around dagger ready his magic flaring, she disarmed him with a flick of her wrist, then closed of his magic, hes items of power fell dead.

She walked over to him held there in place, the scorn in her voice showing.

"There are power in this world you have no understanding off, and they always KNOW when the likes of you set out to do some thing unwanted."

There was a moment of silence wile she readied herself for what needed to be done to this future mass murder. But that was she was so skilled why she had spent years leaning and aging the power for doing just this kind of act, she readied herself, he would die will little pain.

"Hubris"

Said a oddly deep voice from behind them both.

"Hubris, that is you sin"

She looked at the face of Krookon, he had shown fear before when she had taken away his powers, but what ever was behind her now was terrifying the man. She roll to the left coming up ready to kill what ever it was that was talking. What greeted her eyes had her at a moment to adjust to.

A Woman a very large she was some 18 feet tall, no not a woman! an angle she was strikingly beautiful, NO! not an angle a, a DEVIL!
The Devil woman was looking at a painting, all palaces high wall had paintings. It was an image of a Red Dragon an old tail of the knight and the Dragon. The woman was not even looking at her she was taking in the art, what the!.

"Why are you here Devil, I warn you, I am not unaccustomed to sending devils and demons back to there pits."

The tall woman turned and looked at her.

"I have no doubt your powers are legendary and would make most quake on there boots."

There was a sound form Krookon he was messing himself, she could smell the stench.

"Arr yes use of force, but before we get down to the nitty gritty of such things. I just wanted to point out a few things. You see you where wrong when you told old Krookon here, this war is unwanted. It is very much wanted my dear. To that end we had Krookon here sign a contract with us to that very end. If you know what I am then you know how much we like out paper work.

The devil turned to look here start on

"
Now you coming her seeking to make Krookon here brake his side of the deal, by well ending him. It kind of unused aspects in the contract come into effect when such an action takes place, like.

An Imp flow past her and landed on a large woman's arm, it was holding a long scroll. Placing a set of eye glasses on it started to read.

"Section D1, Subsection E3901 sub clause 6s1. In the case that powers outside the listed in Subsections 78a 78b and 79a should seek to end the war but directed assassination. See Subsection B3301, Non committed combat party's, groups or individuals, that act of assassination will be seen as a tacit agreement to join in the main body of the 3ed part 23 conflict here in known as the 72 front of the Blood war. Said group will then become a legitimate target for full punitive retaliation and all affiliated group wither agreed on or not under therms of the pacts concord."

She had lost her temper now, soon the devil would be dead and her imp with her.

The she devil smiled at her, as if knowing just what she was thinking.

"What all that means is, if you kill old Krookon here or try and stop him in any way, you will make yourself part of this war, then my dear, HELL WILL HAVE THE RIGHT TO COME TO TOWN!"

As the She devils said this last part her eyes flawed red the room seem to shake and behind the devil the wall fell away, where once a wall had been a gate way to the Hell's had been opened, there in from of her was a legion of hell lined up and ready to march through the gate. No she understood why Krookon had messed himself. In front of her was a battle even she could not win.

"No one will believe you, devil, I could stike him down and who would take your word all of you over mind. No magic can see this place now, Devils are known as lies"

The woman looked at her coldly as if insulted.

"yes that is true some of us do lie from time to time, but others pay take the word of a celestial

The she devil pointed and there in the ranks of the dammed was an angle, wings cut off and nailed to a large rack.

"They say such as he never lie, no matter what, he can hear and see all that has passed between us here, every word and his powers are such he knows fakery from real. If you go ahead with what you plan others will know and we will act."

The large woman walked to the gate.

"Think very carefully about what you do in the next few minutes, we will be watching, Know this every action has a consequence, most of all ones taken with Hubris in the hart."

The large woman looked at Krookon and smiled a cold terrifying smile.

with the she walked into the gate and with a snap of fire and brimstone it closes in a moment.

The interloper looked at Krookon then at the floor.

"*£^£^&£%% and more ^£&££^!!"

she said not having a clue what to do now.


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56

Sparel exited his chambers after the night came and went. He opened his cabin door to the morning sun cresting over the bow. The sight was magnificent. The sunrise is most beautiful at this height.

Taking in his bearings sparel saw that the Captain had left the first mate on steering duty. (In time I will make sheets and names for all these people) Sparel nodded politely to the old salty dog. The man raised his cup of steaming coffee and nodded his head in a polite reply gesture.

Though the man was far Sparel cast a quick spell to carry his voice and reply. (message)
"Whats our heading and location?"

"Crossing the Thunder Peaks now, Sir. We should be nearing the Stonelands by nightfall."

"Very good then."

Turning Sparel spotted the captain having his morning meal near the bow of the ship. As sparel approached he saw Captain Dusama sitting at a plain though well made table. He was attended by a number of the etherial servants that assisted the living crew as needed. The table had a tea service, various meats and cheeses as well as fruits laid out. Though the ship generally sailed smoothly the wind often came in strong gusts. Sparel could see that each of the platters and even the table had the constant attendance of the unseen servants just to keep them in place. Sparel chuckled. Dusama was nothing if not entertaining. As he walked over casually Sparel spoke to Dusama as old friends do.

"You'd have a lot less trouble with your meal if you ate below decks." Sparel chided

"True, but then I'd miss the view." Dusama said with a grand motion. The angle was such that the sun was just coming over the peaks in radiant reds and oranges accentuating the white peaks of the mountains.

"It is breathtaking." Sparel conceded

Dusama motioned and the servants brought another chair from a nearby doorway. Dusama then motioned for sparel to join him. Sparel did so taking a cup from the table and allowing an invisible servant to pour him tea. The two friends watched the sunrise in silence for a time.

In times as troubling as these it's important to take in the beauty of the world when possible. It reminds us why we work so hard to keep the scales balanced.


Construct (Outsider) LN Axiomite MachineSmith L20 (Mighty - Feat) Mythic HIEROPHANT 'LAW' (Duel path GUARDIAN) T4
Status:
Init +28 | AC53* FF41 T27 | HP226/226 | F -- | R +51 | W +49 | Per +38

764093761984-8237 her number was placed above but Rosa was all ready moving. To the big main door of the head hounds office, this she new must be a bad one.

As she went in she was greeted by the same image of opulence, Head hound
Jazzrik Orok liked to make his work space look like a teen mages dream of an evil temple. Writhing naked forms where ever one looked, Rose ignored them, it was was very last epoc as a look.

"Are Rosa please come front and center"

Rosa mover to stand at action in front of Orok's massive desk.
She noted with some trepidation on one side the form of a member of the Fiendish Inquisition.

"^$%$&£ what did I do wrong?"

Orok was a Ghaddar massive even for a Ghadder, he was a good head taller than Rosa, his donkey head looking at her with hollow black pupils. He had pained his Large downward-curving horns gold, why who knows but it made him seem odd. His blackish hair was platted which was not uncommon in the high ups.

"Rosa what do you know of Kirack Zar?"

She blinked,
What the in the Hell's was this about? The file had only hit her desk yesterday

It had been sent to her, marked "your eyes only" she had read it not knowing why she had been sent it.

"Kirack Zar"
Crimes
Rebellion... the list was long of what this usurper Fiend had done.
Plotting to over throw his master was normal in the hell's but Zar had acted upon his plans and come very close to doing it to. Even for a Devil he was cunning. What helped him in his plans the report stated was the fact he had formed an alliance with a Demon, a very powerful one as yet unidentified. This is what tipped Zar from your typical cunning power hungry Schemer to your treacherously dangerous cunning power hungry tractor. A number of battles where lost Vs the Demon hoards of late that could be directly attributed to Zar. To gain power this little (*^%^^(*&& had been selling information to the other side and that had cost the Hell's dearly.

She had a feeling she as about to find out why the file had been sent.

"Hes wanted for Rebellion sir"
She snapped back.

"Are good I see you have read the file, Now The Hound Department of Prime Plan investigation, would normally have nothing to do with such a case. The Disciplinary Office or the Army's Intelligence oversight department or even the Fiendish Inquisition"

That this point he moved his arm to indicate the figure to the left of him wile still taking

"would be dealing with this normally. How ever the reason why we will be helping out in finding the peace of c&^%$^ is that some one tipped him off that he had been rumbled. It seems that he and a few of his fellow rebels used some kind of Demon magic to run to the Prime"

She nodded Thank the Hell's it was not her that the Fiendish Inquisition where hear for, but still this had to be done right or they would be coming for her.

"I see sir, so what are we being asked to do"

he smiled.

"Find him, Rosa, hes hidden himself not just on the prime but also in a famous artifact called the Gateway. He know what he was, we can not go in there as it keeper would just send us strait back out again. We can not attack it as this gateway is protected under agreement made with other powers. This Gateway is far to useful an artifact to damage, do a make myself CLEAR Rosa, it and any one connected to it are not to be harmed by us in any way. Your task Rosa is to find him and his band then let he powers overseeing the gateway know where he is. Ask them to kick the little *&££*s out so that our colleague here can deal with him. Do I make myself clear."

"yes Sir"
Just find him, that eraser said than done, this tuck planing, to hide in a bolt hole like that was thought out well in advance, they will be well hidden.

Orok handed Rosa a sheet a paper,

"Your orders then, dismiss"

She spun around and walked out the room.

That had been 4 weeks ago, now she was standing on a ship looking at the place the gateway as said to open soon. The 'keeper would inspect all ships and then let them pass. They where traders and and crew, she of course looked like one of he Traders, wile on the prime like this it was always a good idea to blend in. There was a shimmer up head and he portal opened. One by one the ships stared to sail in, when her ship started to move it stopped dead as a being appeared next to her.

"Your kind can not enter here please vacate the ship so it may carry on"

No point hiding now, she dropped her human from and grow to he full Devil size, steam came off her in the sea mist. She could hear the screams and called from behind of danger but as yet no one was attacking her, which was good as she had been ordered not to fight back.

"I had a feeling that may be the case, I would like to talk to the ones that over see the Gateway, I have some information for them that I think they would very much like to hear."

Now lets see who comes.


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56

The old man who stopped Rosa was a human of middle years. He could best be described as average in almost every way. You think if this man walked in a crowd you'd never notice him. He wears a simple grey robe and carrys no weapons.

"We shall see. Swear you'll bring no harm to this place or it's denizens and you may enter and wait there." He points to a small area set into a wall. It is a sitting area with curved couches and a circular coffee table of stone. There is a small walkway which leads from the edge of the ship to the sitting area. There is also a small desk off to one side which is apparently where this watcher was sitting.

"Know that you'll be able to cast no spell here nor activate any item. Otherwise enter and know that violence will not be tolerated. If this is not acceptable you can be on your way."

The captain of the ship had stepped back when Rosa took her true form. Though when he was done speaking the old man turned towards the captain. With nervous shaking hands the man pulls out a bag that clinks of coin. After a moment when the captain can't bring himself to come closer the old man walks over and takes the bag. "You can be on your way."

Assuming Rosa complies the man will go back to his desk and wave the ship to it's destination. He sits quietly for a moment taking no apparent actions.

Feel free to act here as you like, Rosa.

Unbeknownst to Rosa the old man is actually a simulacrum of the keeper. He is telepathically connected to the keeper and while sitting quietly he is actually communicating with the keeper.

"Sir. A demoness has requested an audience with you."

"A demoness? That's interesting. I assume she's being polite or this would be an entirely different message. Very well. I'll be there in a moment. Just wrapping something up."

After about 20 minutes of waiting an identical man to the one by the gate flies down from somewhere above to land on the walkway near the desk. The old man by the desk hands the one who flew down the pouch from the captain.

From a decent distance away the man speaks to the demoness

"This is a rather odd situation. I don't often get your kind looking to talk. Usually they try to demand things. It doesn't go well for them. Is your plan to ask or demand something?"


Construct (Outsider) LN Axiomite MachineSmith L20 (Mighty - Feat) Mythic HIEROPHANT 'LAW' (Duel path GUARDIAN) T4
Status:
Init +28 | AC53* FF41 T27 | HP226/226 | F -- | R +51 | W +49 | Per +38

Rosa nods at the form in front of her, this must be or be one of the beings that over sees the workings of the Gateway. At his words she lessons then nods once out of hearing range of any but the Being she says.

"You should know that the 'gateway' is on a list of sites and artifacts in the world that are covered by a number of agreements between... shall we just say higher powers as listed as off-limits. Under such agreements of none interference I as an agent of such higher powers an under orders to not knowingly bring harm to this place or it's denizens. I am here and I am only here talk, that is why I have come alone"

She moves to take her place in the waiting area. As the new being comes down, Rosa hears him out.

"Did they, how very indiscreet not to say rude, if they where of a Fiendish nature I would very much like to know there names. As I said rules are this site is not to be abused in such a way. If future if this happens again please contact me and a Hound will be sent to apprehend the transgresses with extreme prejudice if you so wish. As I said standing agreements must be enforced we will not be the ones to brake them"

As she says this she walks over and polity offers him her card.

The Obsidian slither has wording in red ink on it.

Rosa Luminass. Hound of Hell
--Head Operative (Special Circumstances)
--Section 3--
[Prime Plane Investigations Branch]

To contact, please brake card and speak message clearly
State in message Name, Location and case number (if one has been given.)

She stands back and waits to hear what he has to say next.


Construct (Outsider) LN Axiomite MachineSmith L20 (Mighty - Feat) Mythic HIEROPHANT 'LAW' (Duel path GUARDIAN) T4
Status:
Init +28 | AC53* FF41 T27 | HP226/226 | F -- | R +51 | W +49 | Per +38

feel free to add any thing here

She then go's on.

"I am here only to talk, and if you wish help you in any way I can.
the rules as they are, I am saddened to inform you that we have information to believe an inappropriate transgression has taken place by a renegade Devil and his band of followers into your domain. This fugitive from the law is wanted on a number of accounts not least of which and the most relevant here is consorting with demons. Which demon has yet to be established but we believe it was this entirety that gave our wanted perpetrator a means to escape us and come here, into the Gateway. How? well we have several ideas about that most of them to do with some kind of pocket extra dimensional space of some kind, one that would work in here and be undetectable. If so we could be looking at some thing very small that was left here or and individual carrying them. Other than that we do not have a clue. We ask that if you are able to find them, and I will help in that if you wish, that they be ejected and that we may apprehend them on the prime."


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56
Rosa.Luminass. wrote:

Rosa nods at the form in front of her, this must be or be one of the beings that over sees the workings of the Gateway. At his words she lessons then nods once out of hearing range of any but the Being she says.

"You should know that the 'gateway' is on a list of sites and artifacts in the world that are covered by a number of agreements between... shall we just say higher powers as listed as off-limits. Under such agreements of none interference I as an agent of such higher powers an under orders to not knowingly bring harm to this place or it's denizens. I am here and I am only here talk, that is why I have come alone"

"I was aware, though I wasn't sure if you were."The old man replies as he goes to the desk.

Rosa.Luminass. wrote:

She moves to take her place in the waiting area. As the new being comes down, Rosa hears him out.

"Did they, how very indiscreet not to say rude, if they where of a Fiendish nature I would very much like to know there names. As I said rules are this site is not to be abused in such a way. If future if this happens again please contact me and a Hound will be sent to apprehend the transgresses with extreme prejudice if you so wish. As I said standing agreements must be enforced we will not be the ones to brake them"

As she says this she walks over and polity offers him her card.

The Obsidian slither has wording in red ink on it.

Rosa Luminass. Hound of Hell
--Head Operative (Special Circumstances)
--Section 3--
[Prime Plane Investigations Branch]

To contact, please brake card and speak message clearly
State in message Name, Location and case number (if one has been given.)

She stands back and waits to hear what he has to say next.

The Keeper takes and reads the card looking it over carefully. "Hound of hell. Interesting. I've had no trouble in the Gateway as of late from anyone, much less one of fiendish origin."


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56
Rosa.Luminass. wrote:

feel free to add any thing here

She then go's on.

"I am here only to talk, and if you wish help you in any way I can.
the rules as they are, I am saddened to inform you that we have information to believe an inappropriate transgression has taken place by a renegade Devil and his band of followers into your domain. This fugitive from the law is wanted on a number of accounts not least of which and the most relevant here is consorting with demons. Which demon has yet to be established but we believe it was this entirety that gave our wanted perpetrator a means to escape us and come here, into the Gateway. How? well we have several ideas about that most of them to do with some kind of pocket extra dimensional space of some kind, one that would work in here and be undetectable. If so we could be looking at some thing very small that was left here or and individual carrying them. Other than that we do not have a clue. We ask that if you are able to find them, and I will help in that if you wish, that they be ejected and that we may apprehend them on the prime."

The Keeper states "They would have to be very clever to hide here, though fiends are known for suck skill at trickery. I know well the bargains this place is protected by and hiding here without my knowledge is a direct violation of such. " He still thoughtfully looks at the card.

Holding the card and looking up,

"I don't trust you. That's a given. However I will allow you to aid if you swear upon your true name that you are not concealing anything from me about this and your intentions in this are not duplicitous."


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56

Assuming Rosa so swears.

"How do you propose we find them in this place? I shall start by sending out my eyes."

The Keeper casts a spell to conjure a number of small globes. He wishers "Find what I seek" to them with which they zip off in every direction.
Unbeknownst to anyone else he telepathically relays orders to his many simulacrum to also search using themselves and their magics.

Turning back to Rosa, "This is something I must inform the master of. "

Keeping an eye on her, but looking contemplative he telepathically contacts Sparel

"Master Sparel, We may have some sort of infiltration to the Gateway. I thought you'd want to know. Fiends may secretly have created a pocket plane here without my notice. I've dispatched eyes and ears. We were informed by a fiendess who has sworn the proper oaths."

"I've asked you not to call me master. It makes it sound too much like ownership." Sparel replies even as he sips tea on the deck of the airship.

"Sorry, Sir. Its just a sign of respect, not ownership. It's how I was raised."

"I know how you meant it. Just make efforts to speak to me as an equal please. *short pause* Alright. I'm on my way."

The keeper turns to Rosa. "The master will be here shortly."

Back on the Air ship Sparel speaks to the Captain. "Seems my work is never done. Thank you for the tea." Grasping his amulet the very space around Sparel seems to fold in on itself like a blanket. As it covers him it snaps back into place and Sparel is gone.

Sparel materializes on one of the outcroppings in the Gateway. Such travel is never on target. Thinking to the Keeper Sparel asks "Where are you exactly?"

"Quadrant B by the water gate."

Tapping the power of his boots Sparel appears on the walkway near the Keeper and Fiendess.

Looking to the Rosa, "I presume you're the messenger who tells of others of her kind hiding here?"


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56

Rosa:

Just FYI:

While in the Gateway here is how magic will work. Only Sparel and the Keeper can cast freely. Anything they do cast is permanent until dispelled or the target leaves the plane.

You'll be unable to cast or activate magic items. However, you're constant abilities and ongoing spells will work normally.


Construct (Outsider) LN Axiomite MachineSmith L20 (Mighty - Feat) Mythic HIEROPHANT 'LAW' (Duel path GUARDIAN) T4
Status:
Init +28 | AC53* FF41 T27 | HP226/226 | F -- | R +51 | W +49 | Per +38

Edited
Rosa smiles at the old man

" I do swear upon my true name that you are not concealing anything from you about this and my intentions in this are not duplicitous."

then as he send his eyes out.

"We know he has been hiding in her for some 4 weeks prime Plane time.
So as that mean who ever or what ever they are using to convey or hid them has probably been in here that much time, however this tuck some planing so it way have been here longer, in fact I would guaranty it has been. So about 4 weeks ago some one or thing came in here with them and then hid or placed them in here. They must have come ver a gate as we have been told teleporting into here is they say impossible unless your one the of the beings who oversee this Gateway. witch leads me ask, could one of them be part of this?"

Rosa looks at the elf as an Elf appear.

"I take it you are the master this one talked about"

She looks him over for a moment.

"Messenger, yes one can all me that, I can also be more if needs arise. I have been explaining to this being here about the transgressing
Rebel and his small gang hiding in here. I am here with what little information we have to he hope aiding you in finding them and we home sending them back to the prime so we can have a chat with them. Its is our hope that this small act of assistance wile pave some way to you let letting this be seen as use braking the concord that has been in place for so long with the higher powers. I am her as both lease and Hound should you need one."

Rosa is strikingly beautiful and charming when she need to be.


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56
Rosa.Luminass. wrote:

Rosa smiles at the old man

" I do swear upon your true name that [b]you are not concealing anything from you about this and my intentions in this are not duplicitous."[/b]

Though your english is good I take it that it's not your first language. Is that right? I only ask because of the wording of the oath sworn by a fiend. ;-) Did you mean to circumvent the oath or is it merely a translation error? If it's just a translation error and you meant to swear properly the bolded part should read "I am" instead of "you are." My husband is originally from Brazil, though he's been in the states for 15 years. His english is excellent, but I still correct him on small things. I tell you that so you understand that I'm not holding it against you. Just clarifying. ;-)


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56
Rosa.Luminass. wrote:

Rosa smiles at the old man

" I do swear upon your true name that you are not concealing anything from you about this and my intentions in this are not duplicitous."

then as he send his eyes out.

"We know he has been hiding in her for some 4 weeks prime Plane time.
So as that mean who ever or what ever they are using to convey or hid them has probably been in here that much time, however this tuck some planing so it way have been here longer, in fact I would guaranty it has been. So about 4 weeks ago some one or thing came in here with them and then hid or placed them in here. They must have come ver a gate as we have been told teleporting into here is they say impossible unless your one the of the beings who oversee this Gateway. witch leads me ask, could one of them be part of this?"

The gatekeeper speaks "There are only two who can cast magic or teleport or planeshift here. I am one and Master Sparel is the other. Short of divine intervention, of course. It's possible they snuck past one of the centuries as the gate was opened. They'd have to be extremely skilled, but it's not completely unheard of. Though usually they're found soon enough. "

Rosa.Luminass. wrote:

Rosa looks at the elf as an Elf appear.

"I take it you are the master this one talked about"

She looks him over for a moment.

"Messenger, yes one can all me that, I can also be more if needs arise. I have been explaining to this being here about the transgressing
Rebel and his small gang hiding in here. I am here with what little information we have to he hope aiding you in finding them and we home sending them back to the prime so we can have a chat with them. Its is our hope that this small act of assistance wile pave some way to you let letting this be seen as use braking the concord that has been in place for so long with the higher powers. I am her as both lease and Hound should you need one."

Rosa is strikingly beautiful and charming when she need to be.

Sparel speaks "I built this place if that's what you mean." Turning to The Keeper "She's followed protocol?"

"She has." The keeper replies.

The two look at each other for a moment. Their facial expressions indicate they're communicating privately. The keeper is getting sparel updated/

Sparel turns to Rosa "You have my permission to assist in locating the demiplane hidden here. Do you have means to fly without casting magic or shall I provide it to you?"


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56

Also, Sparel and the keeper have true seeing. Sparel from glasses and the keeper from a spell effect. Is there anything about your form that you're hiding with magic?


Construct (Outsider) LN Axiomite MachineSmith L20 (Mighty - Feat) Mythic HIEROPHANT 'LAW' (Duel path GUARDIAN) T4
Status:
Init +28 | AC53* FF41 T27 | HP226/226 | F -- | R +51 | W +49 | Per +38

Post edited, I am Dyslexic sorry for the gramme and spellling mistakes as you say English even to me dos not seem like my 1st language.

Rosa's armor moves an two white scaled wings open up, she lifts of the ground somewhat carefully but ever the less the 18'11 tall she-Devil is flying. The 12 foot long sword on her back comes off and hovers by her right arm. From her inside her armor she pulls out a Small Imp and shakes it, what 1st looked like a statue moves and takes flight.

She looks at it.
"You will take down notes of all that Happens for the report, do not interfere in any way unless I say you, do you understand Imp. You have your orders begin"

She then looks back at the elf.

"Do you have a name Master Builder It would I believe be better if we used names. I am Rosa Luminass a Hound of Hell at The Department of Prime Plane Investigations. This sword is my badge of office and when needs be my weapon of office. As for where we should start to look this Devil has been aided by a powerful Demon, lets assume that is still the case, then we are not looking for a lawful taint but a Chaotic one. They would have to keep this as simple as they could, so not a group but one being carry the hidden sub-plane any more than one and you would have picked it up. So how did this one being magically conceal itself and what it was carrying form you. Would it have dropped the Sub-plane off 4 weeks ago, that is possibly but would the Devil risk it, what if the one who came here could not get back in or was lost. No I think they would come in and stay. So I think we are looking for single being who came in here around 4 weeks ago and has a Chaotic taint of some kind. Are there places where any one can hid in here, say with magic that would work in here?

Feel free to make a perp, feel free to make a porp some one who could fit in here and no one would suspect


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56
Rosa.Luminass. wrote:
Post edited, I am Dyslexic sorry for the gramme and spellling mistakes as you say English even to me dos not seem like my 1st language.

No worries. I can understand what you mean. I just wanted to be sure the fiend wasn't trying to circumvent a bargain. ;-)


Construct (Outsider) LN Axiomite MachineSmith L20 (Mighty - Feat) Mythic HIEROPHANT 'LAW' (Duel path GUARDIAN) T4
Status:
Init +28 | AC53* FF41 T27 | HP226/226 | F -- | R +51 | W +49 | Per +38

Tiny Coffee Golem, what ya a doing there buddy??

Just had a better idea, A ship been fixing some thing broken for 4 weeks in the gate way, full crew and merchant passengers, would mach the idea down to a t only problem if you kick the whole ship out We devils will kill the lot of them getting to out guy. Suttely is not as strong point of the other departments. So that means interviewing the whole crew and passengers to try and fine the one with the hidden Demi plane. .


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56
Rosa.Luminass. wrote:

Post edited, I am Dyslexic sorry for the gramme and spellling mistakes as you say English even to me dos not seem like my 1st language.

Rosa's armor moves an two white scaled wings open up, she lifts of the ground somewhat carefully but ever the less the 18'11 tall she-Devil is flying. The 12 foot long sword on her back comes off and hovers by her right arm. From her inside her armor she pulls out a Small Imp and shakes it, what 1st looked like a statue moves and takes flight.

She looks at it.
"You will take down notes of all that Happens for the report, do not interfere in any way unless I say you, do you understand Imp. You have your orders begin"

She then looks back at the elf.

"Do you have a name Master Builder It would I believe be better if we used names. I am Rosa Luminass a Hound of Hell at The Department of Prime Plane Investigations. This sword is my badge of office and when needs be my weapon of office. As for where we should start to look this Devil has been aided by a powerful Demon, lets assume that is still the case, then we are not looking for a lawful taint but a Chaotic one. They would have to keep this as simple as they could, so not a group but one being carry the hidden sub-plane any more than one and you would have picked it up. So how did this one being magically conceal itself and what it was carrying form you. Would it have dropped the Sub-plane off 4 weeks ago, that is possibly but would the Devil risk it, what if the one who came here could not get back in or was lost. No I think they would come in and stay. So I think we are looking for single being who came in here around 4 weeks ago and has a Chaotic taint of some kind. Are there places where any one can hid in here, say with magic that would work in here?

Feel free to make a perp, feel free to make a porp some one who could fit in here and no one would suspect

"I am Sparel Radymah." (The prefix -Mah is a title reserved in elven culture for those who are most accomplished in the mystic arts.)

Sparel thinks "It would have to be an ongoing effect that was activated before they entered or an item of some kind. Powerful too. Perhaps 8th circle. A single being should be simple enough to find. " Sparel casts a similar spell to summon a number or eyes, though there are more with his casting than the other. "Find it." he whispers

"Keeper, please get everyone out and close all of the gates. When you are done return here and open a small gate to the Arbiters office." Sparel says and the keeper


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56
Rosa.Luminass. wrote:

Tiny Coffee Golem, what ya a doing there buddy??

Just had a better idea, A ship been fixing some thing broken for 4 weeks in the gate way, full crew and merchant passengers, would mach the idea down to a t only problem if you kick the whole ship out We devils will kill the lot of them getting to out guy. Suttely is not as strong point of the other departments. So that means interviewing the whole crew and passengers to try and fine the one with the hidden Demi plane. .

Don't know what happened with that other post. It's gone now though.

So there's a stuck ship in the demiplane? That would be a good place to start.

"Sparel, sir. There is a ship that's been under repair for four weeks. They've been moored in one of the lower waterways. I offered to fix it and send them on their way, but they declined. Though I thought it odd I didn't think much else of it until now. I had planned to insist on assisting them and exiting them next week. " The keeper said.

Sparel looked to the man, "That would be an excellent place to start. Lead the way."

I'm going to leave the baddie to you since this is your plotline.


Construct (Outsider) LN Axiomite MachineSmith L20 (Mighty - Feat) Mythic HIEROPHANT 'LAW' (Duel path GUARDIAN) T4
Status:
Init +28 | AC53* FF41 T27 | HP226/226 | F -- | R +51 | W +49 | Per +38

Rosa follows as they are taken the Ship, its stopped dead in the water,
Her Imp says V TP and DM(always on)

::"That thing is full of magic Ma'am its every where on that ship."

As they come down to land a delegation come to greet them. What looked to be the Captain a number of others and a group of nuns.

"WHATS THE MEANING OFF THIS!, WHAT IN THE STARTS IS THAT DOING HERE!"

He says to the gate keeper.

"We are medical ship transporting very sick individuals with some of the rarest conditions known. This thing (pointing at Rosa) being here will upset the children and most of the adults among them, never mind upsetting the delicate magic equipment's keeping meany alive. What do you want with us to being such here?."

Before any one can talk Rosa says coldly.

"We have reason to believe you are harboring a known furtive from Hells Justice. This is to be moved to the Prime wear a party of The Fiendish Inquisition is waiting strip this vessel and all inhere down to the smallest parts to find him and his followers. Ready yourselves, that's is unless you hand them over now."

The captain looks at the others who all shake there heads.

"We know nothing about any fugitive, we are just trying to keep the sick alive wile we transport them to the main hospital. You have no right to do this"

Rosa looks at a few of the sick on deck now seeking to hide from the Devil standing there.

"who ever smuggles them in here has broken the rules of this place and a number of others. This craft is the prime and its crew are the suspects in adding and abetting said criminal if on of them is not said being. "

The man looks at Rosa close to being sick.

He moves to the Keeper.

"You can not let her do this, if what she says is waiting for us on the prime we beg for asylum if not of us then for the sick."

Over to you, was wants them on the prime to dice and slice


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56

The Keeper stands slightly beside Sparel, but Sparel is the one to speak.

Sparel looks over the sick he can see to determine their relative conditions.
Heal 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (15) + 30 = 45

Did you plan on them actually being sick or just faking it?

"You will watch your tone while you are in my realm and under my protection. This place is not one of refuge, but one of conveyance. You've been given leeway to repair your ship, but that time has passed. This is what is going to happen. I will prepare a number of magical feasts for you, your crew, and the sick. The meal will take one hour to consume. The food will cleanse most diseases and illness as well as bolster everyone who partakes. I recommend feeding the sick before the well. Further, I will personally have your ship repaired in short order. I will do this while you enjoy the hour long meal. At the end of that time your ship will be on it's way one way or another. The keeper has closed every other portal in this realm, so if something is hiding amongst your crew it will find no way out. However, the gate for the ship's exit he will be opening shortly. Any who do not wish to accept my hospitality for the next hour are free to use it at their leisure." Sparel turns to the Keeper who nods and proceeds to open a gate wide enough for the ship. It will take a few moments. When he is done he also extends a stone like pier from the nearby landmass so that any walking can use the portal.

Sparel casts and a number of food and beverage laden magical tables appear on deck. (Not sure how many are on board, so he'll cast it three times serving a total of 39 people.)

He then pulls a staff from his side pouch. The shaft is made of strange interlocking plates and gears of various material. They move and shift, but don't' seem to interfere with it's normal use. Sparel balances it on a point in front of him. It opens three tripod-like feet which extend enough to allow it to move of it's own accord. A crystal on top realigns and looks like an eye. Long thin arms complete with articulated fingers protrudes from the sides. It looks in many ways like a stick person. It looks at Sparel. Sparel says "Repair the ship." It scurries away to preform it's task via casting fabricate.

Sparel turns back to the Captain and crew. "You have one hour then your ship will be on it's way."

The plan: Cast Heroe's feast (can be consumed by 13 people per casting). He'll make multiple feasts as needed, up to 3. He'll send his animate staff to cast fabricate a few times to get the ship in working order. Meanwhile he'll cast detect chaos and search around the ship to ferret out the chaotic creature(s).


Construct (Outsider) LN Axiomite MachineSmith L20 (Mighty - Feat) Mythic HIEROPHANT 'LAW' (Duel path GUARDIAN) T4
Status:
Init +28 | AC53* FF41 T27 | HP226/226 | F -- | R +51 | W +49 | Per +38

The captain implores the gate keeper to not let the she devil have them. Rosa looks on and Smiles

"I am sorry but it really not me you should be worrying about I am only here as a messenger, that is unless you know where they are captain, in witch case I will take them and be on my way."

he begs and swears on the gods he has no idea what Rosa is talking about.

About all 43 of the sick are brought the tables, Some can eat but the rest of force feed. One nun is having a problem with a small boy. he seems catatonic only looking ahead as she puts food in his mouth is juts falls back out.

Rosa walks up behind the nun who moves back but dos not leave the boy. Rosa reaches out her hand and places it on the child head. She stands there for a moments and the with a fast twist of the wrist snaps the boys neck. Then pulls, the hole head comes off as cogs and wheels fall out.

"Construct, clock work with flesh skin" she says
The Nun looks shocked as the head starts to talk.

"HAHAHAAHAH, to late *&^%$ers"
With that 16 of the other children bust open as from inside where pocket Dimension spit out there Devils, the one in front of Rosa grows to a Demon which back hands her so hard she crashed over the gun rail and flys of the ship at some speed in the water. A huge shower of water drenches the ship as the splash hits."[/b]

Demon is some 20' long and made of what looks to be arms and legs with a number of heads at the front.


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56

Sparel says to the keeper "Get the children and nuns to safety."

The spoiler is for Rosa

The knowledge Gauntlet: What exactly are these?:

[ooc]The Knowledge Gauntlet (TKG) is something i do where I basically roll all of my knowledges at once and the DM (or player in this case) can pick whichever are relevant. It saves time.

Knowledge Arcana 1d20 + 37 ⇒ (1) + 37 = 38
Knowledge Dungeoneering1d20 + 27 ⇒ (16) + 27 = 43
Knowledge Engineer1d20 + 27 ⇒ (14) + 27 = 41
Knowledge Geography1d20 + 27 ⇒ (11) + 27 = 38
Knowledge History1d20 + 27 ⇒ (5) + 27 = 32
Knowledge Local1d20 + 27 ⇒ (18) + 27 = 45
Knowledge Nature1d20 + 27 ⇒ (2) + 27 = 29
Knowledge Nobility1d20 + 27 ⇒ (15) + 27 = 42
Knowledge Planes1d20 + 38 ⇒ (18) + 38 = 56
Knowledge Religion1d20 + 32 ⇒ (8) + 32 = 40
Spellcraft 1d20 + 33 ⇒ (20) + 33 = 53


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56

Sparel begins to cast a spell (full round action) At the end of which he'll summon

1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 Lantern Archons

Lantern Archon:

LG Small outsider (archon, extraplanar, good, lawful)
Init +4; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +4
Aura aura of menace (DC 13)

DEFENSE
AC 15, touch 11, flat-footed 15 (+4 natural, +1 size; +2 deflect vs. evil)
hp 13 (2d10+2)
Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +0; +4 vs. poison, +2 resistance vs. evil
DR 10/evil; Immune electricity, petrification

OFFENSE
Speed fly 60 ft. (perfect)
Ranged 2 light rays +3 ranged touch (1d6)
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 3rd):
At Will—aid, continual flame, detect evil, greater teleport (self plus 50 lbs. of objects only)

STATISTICS
Str 1, Dex 11, Con 12, Int 6, Wis 11, Cha 10
Base Atk +2; CMB –4; CMD 6
Feats Improved Initiative
Skills Diplomacy +5, Fly +14, Knowledge (planes) +3, Perception +4, Sense Motive +5
Languages Celestial, Draconic, Infernal; truespeech
SQ gestalt

SPECIAL ABILITIES
Gestalt (Su)

Nine lantern archons can fuse together as a full-round action, becoming a single Large entity that is more powerful than the individual archons that make up its parts. Looking like a whirlwind of dancing firefly lights, the gestalt has all the powers and abilities of a Large air elemental plus the following: archon, good, and lawful subtypes; archon traits (aura of menace DC 16); 2 light rays (2d6); DR 5/evil and magic. The archons can remain in this form for 2d4 rounds. When the gestalt separates back into individual lantern archons, its remaining hit points are divided evenly among them; if it had less than 9 hit points, some of the component archons die when the gestalt ends.

Light Ray (Ex)

A lantern archon can fire beams of light to damage foes. These light rays have a maximum range of 30 feet. This attack overcomes damage reduction of any type.

They each move and fire a light ray at one of the targets ignoring SR and energy resistances. They fly about the ship targeting any who would be near children or innocents.

Touch attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 131d6 ⇒ 4
Touch attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 211d6 ⇒ 2
Touch attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 91d6 ⇒ 3
Touch attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 111d6 ⇒ 5
Touch attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 81d6 ⇒ 1


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56

Meanwhile the Keeper casts a spell to summon 2d6 + 15 ⇒ (2, 4) + 15 = 21 Unseen servants.

Immediately after spellcasting he says to them "Get the sick and wounded below decks." The unseen forces immediately move to lift and carry the children and others away from the fighting.


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56

Oh, and the animated staff is still bellow decks following its last orders to fix the ship. It should be back shortly. I imagine it won't take may castings of Fabricate to fix the ship.


Male Casrua. Inquisitor 20/Ranger10(gestalt feat)/Nature's Warden7(prestigious)

Journal Entry, three days after Shieldmeet

It's been three weeks since we have begun tracking Dheembleth. The fiendish assassin is incredibly hard to pin down, but my scouts have begun to find traces of him here and there. However, time is growing short. We have it on the utmost authority that he intends to strike hard and fast at a nearby Underdark enclave. If I am to accomplish my goal of reuniting all of the Fair Folk, he must not succeed. Thus I will directly take part in the search. Few have ever escaped me once I am on the trail.

-Aelakoress.

As dawn breaks, Akor rises, kissing Tyrvanas on the cheek softly so as not to wake her. He dresses silently, grabbing up Demonwrack and Windstrike. If all goes well, he will likely need both before the day is done.

He steps out of the magickally grown house he shares with his wife and looks for Mallaridan, his second in command. Spotting him conversing with several of their Sylvan allies, Akor walks over and asks how much progress was made during the night.

"A strike team took out a small demonic outpost about three miles south on the outskirts of the city, while an aerial team was lucky enough to bombard another, this time about a mile into the Myth Dranor. While the going is slow, we should have the outer encamps cleared out by summer's end. That's when the real battles will begin" The Magus says, his golden eyes twinkling in the dim early light.

Akor nods "Excellent, its good to hear we're making real progress here. Too long Myth Dranor as been in the hands of those vile fiends, but no more. Send word to Nymoroth that I want his Drow teams to step up their hit and runs on main northern camp as I wish to see it fall by weeks end. If he argues, tell him I will double his pay." Mal agrees, and calls out for a runner to deliver the message.

"I leave within the hour to join the trail of Dheembleth. I mean to slay him before nightfall. His death will go a long way to conniving the Lloth factions here to finally join us. Tell my wife to stay here and aid in the ongoing battle at the mines. Her magicks will be far more useful there and once we clear out them out, the mithral and gold we get from them will definitely increase our capabilities." With that, the Inquisitor takes his leave of his base and flies northeast a ways before landing next to his scouting party. They fill him on the hunt, which is going somewhat better than he hoped. If they were right, and with his help, they will take out that foul corruption of Elven purity before mid afternoon.

He sends out a telepathic thought to Sparel, checking in on him "Sparel old friend, I know its been a few weeks, but I have been quite busy down here in Cormanthor. How goes the wandering life of a vagabond hero?" He thinks, with a mental chuckle.


Construct (Outsider) LN Axiomite MachineSmith L20 (Mighty - Feat) Mythic HIEROPHANT 'LAW' (Duel path GUARDIAN) T4
Status:
Init +28 | AC53* FF41 T27 | HP226/226 | F -- | R +51 | W +49 | Per +38

What come out of the automaton body's is

14
This seething devil deftly wields a vicious, saw-toothed glaive, while below its toothy maw writhes a hideous, twitching beard.

Planes roll DC16:

2 Devils
Devils From the tip of its lashing tail to the serrated features of its fang-filled visage, this fiery-eyed sentinel bristles with barbs.

Planes roll DC22:

1 Devil
Ash and embers encrust the smoldering humanoid frame of this imperious, dragon-winged devil.

Planes roll DC30:

They start Killing indiscreetly and will attack any thing that gets close. one of the vbarbed Devil gos for the Gatekeeper wile the other heads to what he sees as a soft-target elf, But not before it pulls the captain in half.

They use only powers that work in the gateway.


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56
Akor Scourgebane wrote:
He sends out a telepathic thought to Sparel, checking in on him "Sparel old friend, I know its been a few weeks, but I have been quite busy down here in Cormanthor. How goes the wandering life of a vagabond hero?" He thinks, with a mental chuckle....

"ALUM CELANDI ALENDERIC THAELSALEAM!!! (You recognize this as a spell, but you have no idea which one. He's clearly splitting his focus between you and an issue at hand.) Dealing with a minor invasion at the moment. I'll get back to you shortly."


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56
Rosa.Luminass. wrote:

What come out of the automaton body's is

14
This seething devil deftly wields a vicious, saw-toothed glaive, while below its toothy maw writhes a hideous, twitching beard.
** spoiler omitted **

2 Devils
Devils From the tip of its lashing tail to the serrated features of its fang-filled visage, this fiery-eyed sentinel bristles with barbs.
** spoiler omitted **

1 Devil
Ash and embers encrust the smoldering humanoid frame of this imperious, dragon-winged devil.
** spoiler omitted **

They start Killing indiscreetly and will attack any thing that gets close. one of the vbarbed Devil gos for the Gatekeeper wile the other heads to what he sees as a soft-target elf, But not before it pulls the captain in half.

They use only powers that work in the gateway.

The Gatekeeper dismisses the barbed devil from his realm.

Barbed devil will save 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
It fails and vanishes in a scream of frustration. It ends up in a remote desolate corner of the astral plane where the demi-plane Gateway was originally made.

Sparel makes a word and gesture and himself, The keeper, Rosa and 17 of the innocents are suddenly moving a lot faster. (quickened Haste)
He then casts again and a wall of clear energy springs up strategically to block off as many of the innocents from the devils as possible. (wall of force)


Construct (Outsider) LN Axiomite MachineSmith L20 (Mighty - Feat) Mythic HIEROPHANT 'LAW' (Duel path GUARDIAN) T4
Status:
Init +28 | AC53* FF41 T27 | HP226/226 | F -- | R +51 | W +49 | Per +38

Rosa explodes out the water and heads state for the Immolation Kirack Zar

Kirack Zar flys up and meets her, wile Rosa great back blade shots out before her.

1d20 + 19 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 19 + 2 + 1 = 39 Dark Contact slams into his chest coming out the back of the beast, Black flames meet its red fire.

Kirack leans in and trys and bites the Hound of hell as she places her hand around him holding the blade on place.

1d20 + 29 ⇒ (11) + 29 = 40 Bite Miss

The blast of there impact sends a shockwave over the ship and its shudders and waves ripple out from the boom. He trys and claws the hound off.

1d20 + 29 ⇒ (16) + 29 = 45 Claw attack on rosa Hit
1d20 + 29 ⇒ (1) + 29 = 30 Claw attack on rosa Miss

Rosa Channels anti-life black flame to harm Kirack.

Sword
3d6 + 17 ⇒ (5, 4, 2) + 17 = 28
Channels
A11d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21 Vs DC31
12d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 2, 1, 2, 2, 1, 4, 5, 6, 4, 6) = 36 DMG
A21d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26 Vs DC31
12d6 ⇒ (3, 3, 2, 3, 5, 5, 2, 3, 1, 2, 1, 2) = 32 DMG
Hasted
A21d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29 Vs DC31
12d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 1, 2, 3, 1, 1, 1, 3, 4, 6, 5) = 36 DMG

On rosa
1d8 + 12 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + 12 + (2, 4) = 23 DMG Unholy (nothing) Burn 1/2 2d6

End R1 for Rosa and Kirack Zar.
Rosa 23-5=18DMG (1 Burn DMG)
Zar 28+36+32+36-5FH=137DMG

Nether of there wings can keep them flying, held in a death grip they fight each other even as they fall down into the waters by the side of the ship, Fire and Darkness plume form the depths.


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56

Sparel quickly thinks to Akor "Could use your help. Tell me where you are and I'll see about getting a portal open." SParel's thoughts are very quick and precise. He's wasting no time or words even in thought.


Male Casrua. Inquisitor 20/Ranger10(gestalt feat)/Nature's Warden7(prestigious)

Akor thinks back his reply "I am quite busy myself cousin, but if your need is great I will come to your aid"


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56
Akor Scourgebane wrote:
Akor thinks back his reply "I am quite busy myself cousin, but if your need is great I will come to your aid"

"I can manage. Just thought you may enjoy ending a few demons."

Also just giving the option of getting the band back together.


Male Casrua. Inquisitor 20/Ranger10(gestalt feat)/Nature's Warden7(prestigious)

"Why didn't you say demons were involved?? As long as you can send me back as soon as we're done, I am closing in on that fiendish assassin I told you about. I'm about six miles northeast of my base near Myth Dranor."


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56
Akor Scourgebane wrote:
"Why didn't you say demons were involved?? As long as you can send me back as soon as we're done, I am closing in on that fiendish assassin I told you about. I'm about six miles northeast of my base near Myth Dranor."

"Do you remember the northern crossroads ruins? Go there. I'll open the gate there when you arrive. Remember to cast your spells before you enter the portal. You'll be unable to do so inside the Gateway. "


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56

I just realized that to add or subtract a portal takes 6 hours to re-cast the spell. Though re-reading my description the Caretaker and not Sparel can open and close doors as a standard action thanks to a special ritual performed. Of course the downside is that the Caretaker can't really leave, but he's at peace with that.


Construct (Outsider) LN Axiomite MachineSmith L20 (Mighty - Feat) Mythic HIEROPHANT 'LAW' (Duel path GUARDIAN) T4
Status:
Init +28 | AC53* FF41 T27 | HP226/226 | F -- | R +51 | W +49 | Per +38

The wall of force makes the corrupted fiends concentration on there side of the wall seeking to kill all there.


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56

The Lantern Archons concentrate their fire on those still threatening innocents. They attempt to distract from the ones in danger.

Touch attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 91d6 ⇒ 6
Touch attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 151d6 ⇒ 2
Touch attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 211d6 ⇒ 1
Touch attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 181d6 ⇒ 1
Touch attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 201d6 ⇒ 4

Also remember the innocents are hasted as well as being taken below decks by unseen servants.


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56

Telepathically to the Keeper

"Keeper, do you remember the northern ruins of Myth Dranor I had you memorize? On my mark prepare to open a man-sized portal there.


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56

I'm losing track of the rounds a little bit, but I think everyone has gone and we can move on to round 2.

Just as another fiend is about to harm an innocent the keeper waves a hand at it.

Barbed Devil will save 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

It fails: Even as it was about to slash at a child it vanishes to join the other in the astral.

I believe the two barbed devils are gone now.

Sparel to Akor "Let me know when you get near the ruins. Hurry or you may miss the party."

Sparel Casts a powerful spell and the world seems to stop for him a few brief moments.

Time stop 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
I know the roll is supposed to be secret, but that's difficult to do properly in a PBP.

None of my wizard spells have a spell resistance component.

Round 1: Dismissal on one of the remaining bearded devils

will negates 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 DC is 26 so autofail. It vanishes back from whence it came.

Round 2: Summon monster VIII to summon 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 Lillends Who will be placed between the innocents and the bearded devil. Basically surrounding it. When time returns to normal they will attack with longswords.

Lillend 1: +1 longswords 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 212d8 + 8 ⇒ (7, 8) + 8 = 23
Lillend 2: +1 longswords 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 182d8 + 8 ⇒ (2, 6) + 8 = 16
Lillend 3: +1 longswords 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 222d8 + 8 ⇒ (1, 1) + 8 = 10
Lillend 4: +1 longswords 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 292d8 + 8 ⇒ (5, 4) + 8 = 17
Lillend 5: +1 longswords 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 202d8 + 8 ⇒ (1, 3) + 8 = 12

Round 3: reach extended Corossive consumption on the remaining bearded devil.
Touch Attack 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (9) + 19 = 28 (Pretty sure that's auto-hit even with melee negatives) Sparel flings a blob of acid that attached to and grows across the demon's body.

It'll take acid damage over 6 round as follows:
R1: 5 pts acid.
R2:154 = 154
R3: 15d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 1, 4, 5, 2, 1, 5, 1, 5, 1, 4, 4, 4, 3) = 48
R4: 15d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 5, 4, 5, 3, 5, 6, 2, 5, 3, 3, 1, 5, 3) = 61
R5: 15d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 6, 3, 1, 5, 3, 2, 5, 5, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4) = 53
R6: 15d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 2, 5, 5, 3, 4, 6, 2, 6, 4, 4, 3, 3, 6) = 58

Round 4 and 5: Sparel uses Telikinesis to move the civilians out of harms way.

1 to 50 of 862 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ambitious Hearts: Tales from the Forgotten Realms All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.