Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Ambitious Hearts: Tales from the Forgotten Realms

Game Master Dogbladewarrior


51 to 100 of 617 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

RETIRED Male (Humanoid (Aberrant)) Psion 10, Uncarnate 10, Metamind 7

Aovar's Story:

Aovar prefers to appear as a nonmagical bearded old man with a bald head in simple yet clean robes and carrying a walking stick.

Aovar had known a life longer than the oldest of elves, despite being depicted as a human-like creature. What had started as the quest of any Psion, to master psionics, had become something of a higher order: to master himself. Spending centuries in research, conferring with ancient tomes and long-lost crystals, Aovar sought to shed that which he once sought: his very body.

Aovar began life as a human, but was recreated as an Elan under the Eleventh Council of Elans. Gifted now with a lower-maintenance physical form, Aovar was able to devote 35% more time to the study of psionics. This, in conjunction with a lifespan that had no known end, allowed him to travel far and wide, and study with all manner of psionic creatures and crystals.

He admired the crystals, those who had eschewed their living bodies to exist purely as a mind housed in a crystal. For a long time he had sought that existence. Then he met the uncarnates. It was as if a new door had opened to him, a door that led to a mansion full of hallways and doors. They had made all previous psionics seem like prestidigitation to him. Decades of intense study and far travel later, Aovar had earned his new namesake in exchange for his physical form; a trade he gladly made.

Aovar arrived in the realms via a portal that he lead his team through after the collapse of an illithid stronghold on the other side. On the side of what they would come to discover was Faerun, was the chamber of an elder brain. The elder brain was blocked off from its original colony due to a cave-in. It was driven semi-mad from lack of food and attacked. Aovar struggled to keep his team from tearing themselves apart, but he was unable to stop the brain's control. He used what was left of his power to shield himself until the melee ended. He then shielded himself from the brain's controlling influence, and confronted it. A protracted battle began, with neither side succeeding in destroying the other. Eventually, exhausted, the elder brain sought to parley with Aovar. The two conversed mentally for nearly a day, exchanging centuries of history and knowledge. Both parties knowing that little could be done to save the brain's life with both of its colonies destroyed, Aovar agreed to teach the way of the unbodied to the brain. However, it was too late, and its condition deteriorated so much that a year later, it died.

Aovar, armed with the knowledge that the elder brain had amassed from the thousands of brains it had consumed, began to travel the lands. He learned of the Invisible Art, which is what his abilities were referred to as. He even learned of a psiocratic nation that had existed and had since fallen. Aovar marveled at the history of this land and sought to research it. He traveled to Chondath and set about his work. He recruited several local psions to help with the research, and learned that the leadership of the nation following a coup caused the forest elves to call down nature's terrible power on them. The sunken cities were filled with psionic items whose latent psionic energies were corrupting beasts nearby.

Aovar negotiated ownership of the ruins from the nation in exchange for the riddance of the corrupted beasts from the area. With his fellow psionicists, he descended below the sea to the ruins to collect these psionic items for safekeeping and study. Then, they traveled about the nation for a few years, following reports of beasts and slaying them in addition to their study of the ruins and items from the ruins. As word spread of what he was doing, Aovar's group was bolstered to nearly 100 psionicists. Among the ranks of his group, worship of Auppenser began to circulate. Aovar had anticipated this, and welcomed it with the caution against repeating the history of Jhaamdath. Aovar hoped to bring back the slumbering deity, or take his place.

As reports of corrupted beasts slowed, Aovar began turning his group to the task of raising the city. After receiving the ownership to the ruin, Aovar arranged a metaconcert with four other psions. Combined together, their mastery of the invisible art rewrote reality, raising the city from the depths of the Vilhon Reach to around a thousand feet over the water. They spent years and thousands in gold to restore the city to a fraction of its former glory, and now use it as a monastery.

The city of Naarkolyth restored, Aovar and his group took up residence there and began teaching. The monastery is a city-state in and of itself, paying lip service to Eles Wianar, the Lord of Arrabar. They are taxed in "spellcasting services" but primarily keep to themselves. When taxation becomes too disruptive, Aovar has to reason with Wianar. This has become more difficult of late, and Aovar worries that outright hostilities will emerge. Therefore, he is working on a plan to move the monastery farther away towards a more suitable nation, perhaps Haldruun.


Sparel Radtymah wrote:

I'm still working on the wording, but I made my second greater demiplane. This one is more a matter of function than security. I'd be interested to hear thoughts and questions about it. I'm still tweaking, so any questions or constructive feedback would be good.

Essentially it's a way station and means of fast travel for not just Shae, but any whom he decides has need and/or worth. It's a powerful negotiation tool for Shae's political needs.

** spoiler omitted **...

Just to ask.. how are you doing all this stuff with demiplanes? The one with the permanent time stop for magic item making, this thing. I've been looking at the Create Demiplane spell and it doesn't seem to cover this sort of thing, unless I'm missing something.


Korin Telemar wrote:
Sparel Radtymah wrote:

I'm still working on the wording, but I made my second greater demiplane. This one is more a matter of function than security. I'd be interested to hear thoughts and questions about it. I'm still tweaking, so any questions or constructive feedback would be good.

Essentially it's a way station and means of fast travel for not just Shae, but any whom he decides has need and/or worth. It's a powerful negotiation tool for Shae's political needs.

** spoiler omitted **...

Just to ask.. how are you doing all this stuff with demiplanes? The one with the permanent time stop for magic item making, this thing. I've been looking at the Create Demiplane spell and it doesn't seem to cover this sort of thing, unless I'm missing something.

Its not a time stop that he is doing. It is the timeless planar trait. Not real sure he is using it exactly as it should be as far as spell duration is concerned, but it is a valid selection using greater create demiplane. It can really bite you though if your not truely immortal.


Construct (Outsider) LN Axiomite MachineSmith L20 (Mighty - Feat) Mythic HIEROPHANT 'LAW' (Duel path GUARDIAN) T4
Status:
Init +28 | AC53* FF41 T27 | HP226/226 | F -- | R +51 | W +49 | Per +38

Had a good think about this and Im going to have to play a Devil, well part devil. Rosa is a fave of mind and i think she should be good here, she lives in the Nine hells and is a Hound of Hell. (kind of Hell FBI)

jut was not getting fun out of Sol-Adlar De Xin Min

Rosa is much more fun and LE,


Krigare wrote:
Korin Telemar wrote:
Sparel Radtymah wrote:

I'm still working on the wording, but I made my second greater demiplane. This one is more a matter of function than security. I'd be interested to hear thoughts and questions about it. I'm still tweaking, so any questions or constructive feedback would be good.

Essentially it's a way station and means of fast travel for not just Shae, but any whom he decides has need and/or worth. It's a powerful negotiation tool for Shae's political needs.

** spoiler omitted **...

Just to ask.. how are you doing all this stuff with demiplanes? The one with the permanent time stop for magic item making, this thing. I've been looking at the Create Demiplane spell and it doesn't seem to cover this sort of thing, unless I'm missing something.
Its not a time stop that he is doing. It is the timeless planar trait. Not real sure he is using it exactly as it should be as far as spell duration is concerned, but it is a valid selection using greater create demiplane. It can really bite you though if your not truely immortal.

Right, Timeless I know from, but Timeless wouldn't provide a demiplane of infinite time to work on magical items while no time passes in the real world while you work on them.


Korin Telemar wrote:
Krigare wrote:
Korin Telemar wrote:
Sparel Radtymah wrote:

I'm still working on the wording, but I made my second greater demiplane. This one is more a matter of function than security. I'd be interested to hear thoughts and questions about it. I'm still tweaking, so any questions or constructive feedback would be good.

Essentially it's a way station and means of fast travel for not just Shae, but any whom he decides has need and/or worth. It's a powerful negotiation tool for Shae's political needs.

** spoiler omitted **...

Just to ask.. how are you doing all this stuff with demiplanes? The one with the permanent time stop for magic item making, this thing. I've been looking at the Create Demiplane spell and it doesn't seem to cover this sort of thing, unless I'm missing something.
Its not a time stop that he is doing. It is the timeless planar trait. Not real sure he is using it exactly as it should be as far as spell duration is concerned, but it is a valid selection using greater create demiplane. It can really bite you though if your not truely immortal.
Right, Timeless I know from, but Timeless wouldn't provide a demiplane of infinite time to work on magical items while no time passes in the real world while you work on them.

I didn't see him mention doing that. I'll have to reread it but yeah, that's a no no lol.

And on a somewhat fun note, I hate, hate, hate naming characters. A whole week of thinking about it, a couple hours of looking on the internet, and still got nothing that strikes my fancy.
Bleh. Found a chick name that I like that would kinda work, but I figure naming a character Morrigan might be lil much lol.


Krigare wrote:
Korin Telemar wrote:
Krigare wrote:
Korin Telemar wrote:
Sparel Radtymah wrote:

I'm still working on the wording, but I made my second greater demiplane. This one is more a matter of function than security. I'd be interested to hear thoughts and questions about it. I'm still tweaking, so any questions or constructive feedback would be good.

Essentially it's a way station and means of fast travel for not just Shae, but any whom he decides has need and/or worth. It's a powerful negotiation tool for Shae's political needs.

** spoiler omitted **...

Just to ask.. how are you doing all this stuff with demiplanes? The one with the permanent time stop for magic item making, this thing. I've been looking at the Create Demiplane spell and it doesn't seem to cover this sort of thing, unless I'm missing something.
Its not a time stop that he is doing. It is the timeless planar trait. Not real sure he is using it exactly as it should be as far as spell duration is concerned, but it is a valid selection using greater create demiplane. It can really bite you though if your not truely immortal.
Right, Timeless I know from, but Timeless wouldn't provide a demiplane of infinite time to work on magical items while no time passes in the real world while you work on them.

I didn't see him mention doing that. I'll have to reread it but yeah, that's a no no lol.

And on a somewhat fun note, I hate, hate, hate naming characters. A whole week of thinking about it, a couple hours of looking on the internet, and still got nothing that strikes my fancy.
Bleh. Found a chick name that I like that would kinda work, but I figure naming a character Morrigan might be lil much lol.

It was a thing the fellow mentioned during the recruitment thread, between that and the latest demiplane thing I was just wondering where this stuff was coming from.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female awww, but that would be telling unknown

Use this site to help you find a name. I use it mostly for cities, but it's also good for PC or NPC names when you just don't have any creative brainpower left. :)


Hello!

I am working on the background and tie-in's for my character. (this is fnord72)


M Human

are we clear to start posting in the gameplay? i am working on an opening post but itll be awhile before i finish


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56
Korin Telemar wrote:
**Lots of stuff about my demiplane**

Demiplanes can have the timeless trait in regard to magic. SO you can cast a spell and while in the plane it's effectively permanent until you leave. Any spell with a duration greater than instant can be affected this way.

That Plus Time Stop = all the time I need to do whatever needs to be done. Of course I'll need to make sure I have all my supplies up front as time will be normal for everyone and everything else. Also if I didn't have a way to live forever (such as immortality) it would really suck. I would appear to age at a fantastic rate.

Hope that clarifies.


Male Giant 4th level MMA trainee/10th level Bully (lost class features with alignment shift)/2nd level Philosopher
Tenro wrote:
are we clear to start posting in the gameplay? i am working on an opening post but itll be awhile before i finish

Yep, go ahead when you are ready.


Male Casrua. Inquisitor 20/Ranger10(gestalt feat)/Nature's Warden7(prestigious)

Whats the exact start date in game? Or can we sort of pick one of our own? If so, is there a general start time to aim for?

Don't care which, just want to know for my own story.

Also, its the Year of Wild Magic, right? If so, can we sort of expect things to follow the published timeline, at least for major events? I'm personally interested in the Silence of Lloth, though I am sure there's others that other players might care about...


Sparel Radtymah wrote:
Korin Telemar wrote:
**Lots of stuff about my demiplane**

Demiplanes can have the timeless trait in regard to magic. SO you can cast a spell and while in the plane it's effectively permanent until you leave. Any spell with a duration greater than instant can be affected this way.

That Plus Time Stop = all the time I need to do whatever needs to be done. Of course I'll need to make sure I have all my supplies up front as time will be normal for everyone and everything else. Also if I didn't have a way to live forever (such as immortality) it would really suck. I would appear to age at a fantastic rate.

Hope that clarifies.

That's uh.. I'm moderately certain that's not really the intent as far as something like using time stop in a demiplane. It otherwise makes for that any caster with 9th level spells and a way to be ageless (be it the immortal discovery feat, undeath, or what have you) can now crank out magic items at seeming rapid fire, limited really only by money and feats.

I realize we're supposed to be high end and all, but even for that, it seems a bit much. It's not like there aren't a bunch of casters in the Realms who couldn't do that either.


Sparel Radtymah wrote:
Korin Telemar wrote:
**Lots of stuff about my demiplane**

Demiplanes can have the timeless trait in regard to magic. SO you can cast a spell and while in the plane it's effectively permanent until you leave. Any spell with a duration greater than instant can be affected this way.

That Plus Time Stop = all the time I need to do whatever needs to be done. Of course I'll need to make sure I have all my supplies up front as time will be normal for everyone and everything else. Also if I didn't have a way to live forever (such as immortality) it would really suck. I would appear to age at a fantastic rate.

Hope that clarifies.

A plane can have timeless in regards to magic, yes. But the spell doesn't say you can do that. It gives you the options for time manipulation on a planar scale(erratic, flowing, normal or timeless). So I'd say offhand as a rule of thumb timeless in regards to magic is up to dm fiat, as its significantly more powerful than what other 9th level spells are capable of for essentially 500 gp.

If a dm does want to allow...well, hope they know what they are asking for.


Male Casrua. Inquisitor 20/Ranger10(gestalt feat)/Nature's Warden7(prestigious)

You do know we've basically been given unlimited wealth, plus an army, or what have you. So we can already churn out tons of magic items, if that's what we desire. Though obviously not in the same manner as what Sparel is suggesting.

Besides, I believe only he truly benefits, as he's the only immortal one, in his narrative of course. Not like he has a slew of immortal craftsman, totally dedicated to magic item creation.

For him to really take advantage, he'd need to spend most of his time in the demi plane, creating magic items. Which I not *think* he plans on doing...


Akor Scourgebane wrote:

You do know we've basically been given unlimited wealth, plus an army, or what have you. So we can already churn out tons of magic items, if that's what we desire. Though obviously not in the same manner as what Sparel is suggesting.

Besides, I believe only he truly benefits, as he's the only immortal one, in his narrative of course. Not like he has a slew of immortal craftsman, totally dedicated to magic item creation.

For him to really take advantage, he'd need to spend most of his time in the demi plane, creating magic items. Which I not *think* he plans on doing...

He can do this outside the flow of time. He can spend nigh endless time doing that there and no time will pass in the real world for him doing so. He could note that he spends decades on end at that and only need to just note that, as no actual time will pass because he does it all during time stop.

It's, even with followers and armies and what have you, more than a bit much.

Neverminding that there's no plausible reason everyone else who could do it, which are a lot of people even just in the world, wouldn't do it either. It opens a door as far as just simple setting logic that doesn't seem like it should be opened. There's stuff you can go "well we can just say that doesn't happen" and then there's.. this.

It just seems like it's too much.


Oh, I know. I was just speaking in general. In a game like this it isn't to big a deal, in others...it could be game wrecking.


M Human

well if it disrupts the weave....

hopefully my post in gameplay is going along the lines of the style of play we were going for? i wasnt quite concrete on the concept. Lord Wianar is an existing character in the realms but i figure he isnt terribly consequential. i didnt kill him though of course hahaha


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56

Regarding timeless and time stop.

Relax. It's not something I plan to take advantage of. For one thing it would be boring as hell for anyone to spend that much time in a state that nothing changes. Plus it can only happen in the demiplane not anywhere else. I have yet to play a game where one uses a demiplane for anything other than respite.


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56

I've been thinking about it. I don't think the time stop /timeless trick would. Work for magi item creation.
Granted its all dm fiat, but surely some chemical/alchemical/ arcane process is involved. Using a blacksmith making a dagger as a metaphor the smith doesn't work alone. He uses fire. If time were stopped the fire would have no effect on the metal when it was placed inside. The heat waves would be present, but not moving so essentially the metal could never reach the necessary temperature for hammering it into shape. Further even if you could heat up the metal you run into the same issue when quenching. The heat wouldn't transfer and the daggers structure would never shift and align to harden it.

Basically it's all theory and magic, but I don't think an infinite time stop would be functionally compatible with magic item creation.


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56

^^apparently I can't edit from my phone, but hopefully you can read between the typo.


Male Giant 4th level MMA trainee/10th level Bully (lost class features with alignment shift)/2nd level Philosopher

@-Monkey God, You can pick your own starting date if you wish within DR1372 and events after flow largely as players want them too. I have learned from experience not to concentrate too heavily on dates and times in a narrativly open game as players like to move their stories at different paces it becomes mostly just a headache that adds nothing of value to the game to try and keep track of it and match the stories up to a precise date. When blending your story with another player just try and mesh the parts that need to be meshed as best you can and whistle a jaunty tune as you quietly sweep the details that will never line up correctly under the rug.

@-Tenro, yeah dude looks good, from here you can continue as you wish and mix narratives with myself and the other players as you please.

Regarding the timestop+timeless magic planar trait situation: what is hilarious is after reading the descriptions involved I am pretty sure TCG is correct and that you can get an infinite timestop. However, with a bit of imaginative use this could create problems far in excess of simple instant magic item spawning(particularly in the rules heavy epic events I will be running), so I am going to have to make this illegal for this game. (TCG said he won’t use it for much but there are future players to consider) In game rational for it not working? I dunno, maybe time magics don’t work together well, or maybe it breaks one of Mystra’s more obscure rules, or maybe there is an angry omnipotent squirrel somewhere whose girlfriend used this trick to cheat on him in the past so he made it impossible to use in the future, you know, typical storyline crap, whatever….


M Elf Spellbinder Conjuration (teleport) Wiz 2

Lol. Not a problem.
For whatever reason time stop ends 1d4 rounds of apparent time regardless of outside circumstances.


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56
Shaezon Silverfall wrote:

Lol. Not a problem.

For whatever reason time stop ends 1d4 rounds of apparent time regardless of outside circumstances.

That's sparel. Still can't edit from my phone.


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56

Shaezon = Sparel. Still can't edit from my phone.


Male Giant 4th level MMA trainee/10th level Bully (lost class features with alignment shift)/2nd level Philosopher
Sparel Radtymah wrote:
Shaezon = Sparel. Still can't edit from my phone.

Hehe, I know, I can just mouse over your characters name to see who you are=)


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56

Does anyone have a good website/ resource to refresh my memory of Faerun? Maybe a timeline.


M Human

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

yeah i was going over this last night clicking from link to link to remind myself of various NPCs and a little bit of the timeline


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56

Thanks. :-)


Part that sucks about being high level and old, is deciding how many points on that timeline to stick in back story...


Male Casrua. Inquisitor 20/Ranger10(gestalt feat)/Nature's Warden7(prestigious)

Would it be ok to make Detect Undead and Detect Aberration permanent?

Might have a few others, but those are really good for this character.


Are you familiar with magic item creation? Enchant them onto eyeglasses, cl x spell level x 2000 for always on


Male Casrua. Inquisitor 20/Ranger10(gestalt feat)/Nature's Warden7(prestigious)

Of course I have, but clearly some people want them sans magic items otherwise why create the permanency spell in the first place.


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56

I'm also considering spells not on the perm list that we could add as an epic character. Id be interested to know what others made perm.

In my case perhaps some stuff from the cleric list also.


M Human

I didn't do any permanencies, none of the spells ok on the permanency list interested me


problem with permanency spell is the loss of cash when dispelled. It's like drinking an expensive potion that will run out when you need it the most. Though I did most of the personal ones and greater magic fang for my natural attacks.

I think I might reconsider how I have my permanently cast spells.

Read magic is 0 level, to have an always on item that is always on cost .5 x 1 x 2000, or 1000 gold, adding that to an existing item adds 500 gold. If dispelled, comes back 1d4 rounds later. I can make it slotless by doubling the whole price, and calling it a bandana.

Or I can make it permanent on me for 2500 gold, and pay the 2500 if it gets dispelled again.

The only benefit I see there is it can't be stolen, and it creates a dispel buffer, as it is easier to dispel, but that applies for magic items as well, AND, magic items are not effected by greater dispel.

So for permanent detect magic, I can pay the permanent price of $2500 gold, or I can pay $1500 gold to enchant whatever my head/headband/eye slot already has, or pay $2000/3000 for a slotless version.

How about Arcane Sight? $7,500 gold for permanent until dispelled. As an enchantment on the eyeglasses, it is CL 5 x SL 3 x 2000 = 30,000. Ouch, big cost difference. Of course I can play around with this by making it command word, uses per day, etc.

Or leave it as the permanent version and hope I don't get it dispelled very often.


Construct (Outsider) LN Axiomite MachineSmith L20 (Mighty - Feat) Mythic HIEROPHANT 'LAW' (Duel path GUARDIAN) T4
Status:
Init +28 | AC53* FF41 T27 | HP226/226 | F -- | R +51 | W +49 | Per +38

Enlarge is the only one that I want and dos not work on Outsider, do not want to take Giant template as I was oked to take Advanced only,
If you know any way of getting a M size PC to large thats an outside let me know. Custom race is out or I would just do that.


Male Casrua. Inquisitor 20/Ranger10(gestalt feat)/Nature's Warden7(prestigious)

Why no custom race? I made one which is like perfect for the concept I have in mind. 40 RPs, or about the same as a Noble Drow.


Construct (Outsider) LN Axiomite MachineSmith L20 (Mighty - Feat) Mythic HIEROPHANT 'LAW' (Duel path GUARDIAN) T4
Status:
Init +28 | AC53* FF41 T27 | HP226/226 | F -- | R +51 | W +49 | Per +38

I thought the GM said no to custome, if we can then thats grate I can get just what I wanted to get rosa just how i see her, shes a bag scarry hell cop, just could not get the right level of fit, half anything is to high and tef is to low.


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56

Hey Akor,

Are we doing the permanent telepathic link thing again?


Male Casrua. Inquisitor 20/Ranger10(gestalt feat)/Nature's Warden7(prestigious)

Absolutely Spare.


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56
Akor Scourgebane wrote:
Absolutely Spare.

Groovy. Sparel's officially flying around the countryside on his ship. Feel free to call him if you need him.

Also I think given that Sparel worships a diety of trickery (among other things) that he's known, but not infamous. Like the prequel thing with the warlord no one would actually know it was him. He simply takes action secretly without taking credit to get things moving in the right direction.


Male Giant 4th level MMA trainee/10th level Bully (lost class features with alignment shift)/2nd level Philosopher

Sure, you guys can permanency other spells not on the main list and I’m not going to police it heavily, just be reasonable.

Yes you can use the ARG to build custom races, 40 RPs is about what a noble drow is as Akor mentioned, which I oked back in the day, go ahead and build a fiend to fit your concept if you like.


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56

Possible self spells for permenancy (just ideas)

Planar adaptation
Arcane sight greater
Age resistance
True seeing
Shapechange
Fluid form
Any of the +4 to stat spells
Ride the lightning (treated as @will)
Tepathic bind (the multi-version like the spell)
Secret chest (call and dismiss at will)
Geiniekind


M Human

hmm i might switch up a spell or two on Aovar.

also, word might be spreading (depending on what circles you are in) that an ancient city was raised out of the Vilhon Reach and how hovers in place above it. A city of students of the "Invisible Art"


Speed 40': Fly 50' Init +5; Perception +24;AC 20, T:11, ff:19, F+10, R+9, W+18(+2Ench); +2 SR 18; CMD17 HP: 56/56

DM,

My goddess likes to communicate through dreams and visions. Feel free to use that to direct me as needed.


Hey guys, just wanted to drop a line and say I'm still in this, I ran to a couple r/l issues, and I'm (probably) going to change my concept, mainly because my DM for the home game wants to play the magus I showed him, and I try to avoid duplicate characters like that, gets to easy to get confused.


Female awww, but that would be telling unknown

I'm probably not going to be able to play in this game. The situation with my prof has become a long-term issue and my calc class is now being taught by a rotating series of substitutes when they can even get one. This has nearly doubled my homework load during an already homework heavy term, so I'm a bit short on time. I may be able to join in later on, but for now I am just going to be lurking. I just don't have the time to devote to learning the setting or building a high level character. So I will simply have to content myself with reading along as the rest of you play. :)


lynora wrote:
I'm probably not going to be able to play in this game. The situation with my prof has become a long-term issue and my calc class is now being taught by a rotating series of substitutes when they can even get one. This has nearly doubled my homework load during an already homework heavy term, so I'm a bit short on time. I may be able to join in later on, but for now I am just going to be lurking. I just don't have the time to devote to learning the setting or building a high level character. So I will simply have to content myself with reading along as the rest of you play. :)

Ouch, sorry to hear that. Never fun having rotating subs, always feels like the students lose out.

Hope you get a chance to play, and good luck with your school.

51 to 100 of 617 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post Discussion / Ambitious Hearts: The Discussion Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.