Age of Worms

Game Master Lazyclownfish

Roll20 | Loot Sheet


501 to 550 of 870 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

Human Bloodrager (Metamagic Rager Primalist) 1; Initiative +1; Perception +5, Low-Light Vision, HP 15+1/21; 19+1/25; AC 16/14 T 11/9, FF {Uncanny Dodge} 15/13; Fort +5/+7, Ref +1, Will +0/+2 (+1 vs mind affecting); Rage rounds 9/9

Take ten on climb. Pythia can pass with guidance, right?

Percival works his way up rather quickly, pulling himself to the top and rubbing his arms. Let's, just... he catches his breath fairly quickly. It's a good idea to tie yourself to the closest piton when you get within 10ft, just in case the trap's still working.

After approaching the mouth, Percival reaches into his pack and pulls out a small iron spike, tossing it through the mouth and seeing if anything happens. He then sticks his longsword in, before getting ready to crawl in himself. [b]Wanna tie a rope around my waist and lower me to the spheres?


Those in the hallway above:
The mouth is big enough to walk through, actually. I switched the map on Roll20 so you can see, though there's not much to it. The trap doesn't go off if you walk over it. It's effectively disabled... for now.


Female Human Oracle 2 | HP: 15/18, Temp HP 1/1 | AC 16 (T12, FF 14) | CMB: +3 CMD: 14 | F:+2 R:+2 W:+3 (+2 vs. mind FX), | Init +2 | Perc +5, SM +4, Diplo/Intim +4 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 0/5 | Knowledge of the Ages: 4/4 | Active Conditions: Light (recast as needed), Guidance (1 min), Virtue (1 min)

That's cause Pythia disarmed the trap with her optimistic exuberance. You guys just had to be happy to see it, is all...

"Wow!" Pythia exclaims, sticking her head through the mouth and peering around. "There's a room back here with no floor! Just a little beam to balance on goes through it. And there's some weird iron balls on the ground way down there. Probably best not to fall! Oooh! And look at the walls! They look like a honeycomb!

Looking at Percival, Pythia remarks. "I sure do! Or I could go down if you don't want to."

She takes the rope and ties it around his waist, making sure its secure. Then she braces herself and gets ready to lower Percival in.

"Oh! Hi Chaetris! Look in there! Awfully interesting, hey? There's bound to be traps! You might want to look before Percival heads in there."

Calling back down to the others she says, "Hey, Kael? Want to help me lower Percival into a mysterious and likely dangerous room?"

Pythia looks thrilled.


Percival Yorik wrote:
After approaching the mouth, Percival reaches into his pack and pulls out a small iron spike, tossing it through the mouth and seeing if anything happens. He then sticks his longsword in, before getting ready to crawl in himself. Wanna tie a rope around my waist and lower me to the spheres?

The iron spike makes a clattering sound like metal on metal as it bounces off the spheres across the room below. Nothing happens when he puts his longsword into the room.

The drop to the spheres is only about ten feet from the ledge, but the rope tied to Percival's waist could prove useful if something unexpected happens...

When the slight echo of the iron spike fades, the whole place is eerily silent.


Human Bloodrager (Metamagic Rager Primalist) 1; Initiative +1; Perception +5, Low-Light Vision, HP 15+1/21; 19+1/25; AC 16/14 T 11/9, FF {Uncanny Dodge} 15/13; Fort +5/+7, Ref +1, Will +0/+2 (+1 vs mind affecting); Rage rounds 9/9

I think Pythia ageed, making rule of two?


Yeah, I wanted to give Cerise and Kael a chance to join you guys up here at least. I'll post an update tomorrow afternoon either way.


Female Human Oracle 2 | HP: 15/18, Temp HP 1/1 | AC 16 (T12, FF 14) | CMB: +3 CMD: 14 | F:+2 R:+2 W:+3 (+2 vs. mind FX), | Init +2 | Perc +5, SM +4, Diplo/Intim +4 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 0/5 | Knowledge of the Ages: 4/4 | Active Conditions: Light (recast as needed), Guidance (1 min), Virtue (1 min)

No worries. I expect Chaetris wants to examine this highly suspicious set up for traps, at least.


Female CG elf investigator (scavenger) 2 | HP: 10/15 | AC: 15 (T: 13, F: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +2, R: +6, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | inspiration 5/5 | Active conditions: None.

Yes, quite. This room seems to be littered with potential traps. If even half of the possible traps are real it'll take a while to get through here.

As she assists Pythia in tying a rope to Percival, Chaetris looks through the open mouth. "I'll bet the trap is disarmed and the path is open only as long as those lanterns are lit. I'm guessing we've got less than an hour before this seals up and the pressure plate activates again." This place has been a deathtrap so far, who knows what lies beyond. Great Bleredd, I know this isn't exactly a mine, but it's pretty close, please watch over us.

Before she lets Percival through the mouth, she gives a quick check to the first few feet of the bridge. "Kael, we're probably going to need your muscles to give him a gentile ride down. Next time, we bring a block and tackle if we can afford it."

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19 (20 vs. Traps)

As Percival is being lowered to the iron spheres, Chaetris begins rigging a rope sling to examine the underside of the beam.

Knowledge (engineering): 1d20 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (14) + 9 + (4) = 27 Free Inspiration


Chaetris:
The beam is definitely trapped. There is some kind of magical sensor a few feet out on the beam. It should be safe as long as you don't walk on it.

Pythia and Kael lower Percival into the room and as the big man settles onto the floor made of spheres, there is the definite clinking sound of metal upon metal as the spheres shift around. They're about three inches across and completely uniform in size and shape. You can see on the other end of the beam, a heavy metal door with no handle. Might as well be a metal, door-shaped wall from what you can see.

Chaetris begins rigging something complicated-looking out of rope.

Percival:
When your feet set on the spheres, it is difficult to stabilize yourself as they shift beneath you. You can tell that they're fairly heavy as your feet sink into them slightly. You can move about, but it's difficult terrain where each square of movement costs 3 squares.

Make a perception check with your next post, please.


HP 13/13, AC 15, Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +4, Perc +5, Init +1 Channel 7/7, Arcane Reservoir 3/5, Pearl 1/1

Cerise carefully made her way up the rope at the rear of the group. It was tricky. Long skirts and heeled boots weren't' the best clothing for rope climbing.

Climb: 1d20 ⇒ 10

Once at the top she peered over the edge of the hole at the strange spheres below. "Fascinating." she said quietly.

Knowledge Arcana (if relevant): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


Cerise:
It's seems clear that this is the correct path forward. There must be some way past the metal door, but that warrants a closer look before you have any ideas about how.


HP 13/13, AC 15, Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +4, Perc +5, Init +1 Channel 7/7, Arcane Reservoir 3/5, Pearl 1/1

"Some kind of puzzle lock?" Cerise posited.

Detect Magic.


No overt magic auras. The whole place resonates with magic, but given what you've seen so far, that makes sense. Nothing that the spell can pick up though. I'm still trying to remember to automatically tell you about magic you come across, but it's probably a really good idea to remind me sometimes. I haven't forgotten yet, but I'll be surprised if I don't at some point.


Human Bloodrager (Metamagic Rager Primalist) 1; Initiative +1; Perception +5, Low-Light Vision, HP 15+1/21; 19+1/25; AC 16/14 T 11/9, FF {Uncanny Dodge} 15/13; Fort +5/+7, Ref +1, Will +0/+2 (+1 vs mind affecting); Rage rounds 9/9

Take ten on perception for a result of 15

Percival looks closely at the metal spheres, then reaches down and grabs one. They are quite heavy, but maybe I can take one back? If we show Allustan, he might be interested. Percival looks back up, can you raise me?


Male CG Half-orc Ranger 1 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 19 (12 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.

Kael looks down curiously. "Please don't try to deliberately break the strange magical-ish trap.. leave them there" he gamely adds. "Can you see any anything underneath them or something that might suggest how to solve the puzzle?"

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


Kael, Pythia, Cerise and Percival:
You can hear a faint rumbling from beneath the floor of spheres. Percival can feel a subtle vibration as well.

As you survey the situation, it really seems like there is a good amount of depth to the pool of spheres. There could be anything down there. Anything at all...

Dice:

Pythia Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Chaetris Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Cerise Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Percival Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


Female Human Oracle 2 | HP: 15/18, Temp HP 1/1 | AC 16 (T12, FF 14) | CMB: +3 CMD: 14 | F:+2 R:+2 W:+3 (+2 vs. mind FX), | Init +2 | Perc +5, SM +4, Diplo/Intim +4 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 0/5 | Knowledge of the Ages: 4/4 | Active Conditions: Light (recast as needed), Guidance (1 min), Virtue (1 min)

"The floor is rumbling! Oh, how exciting! You should probably come back up for now, Percival!"

Pythia gives the rope a tug and starts trying to raise him back up and out of the spectacularly interesting room.

With her amazing powers of mostly useless prophecy, does Pythia happen to remember seeing anything about this room in her dreams? (Can't say I didn't try! Haha.)


Human Bloodrager (Metamagic Rager Primalist) 1; Initiative +1; Perception +5, Low-Light Vision, HP 15+1/21; 19+1/25; AC 16/14 T 11/9, FF {Uncanny Dodge} 15/13; Fort +5/+7, Ref +1, Will +0/+2 (+1 vs mind affecting); Rage rounds 9/9

Yeah, it would be nice if you could raise me? He starts climbing, having dropped the sphere as soon as Kael asked.


HP 13/13, AC 15, Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +4, Perc +5, Init +1 Channel 7/7, Arcane Reservoir 3/5, Pearl 1/1

So we are over a giant ball pit?

Cerise was apprehensive, but watched the rumbling spheres with wonder and facination.


Female CG elf investigator (scavenger) 2 | HP: 10/15 | AC: 15 (T: 13, F: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +2, R: +6, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | inspiration 5/5 | Active conditions: None.

GM:
Do I think the sensor detects creatures or weight? For instance does it only detect if someone is walking on top of the beam or would the weight of someone slung under the beam set it off?

Watching the others lower Percival into the pit Chaetris looks away from her work for a moment. "Careful, don't go too far out on that beam. There's some sort of trigger out there. I'm not sure what it does yet. I'm going to try to get underneath and take a better look."


Combat Round 1!

Just as Percival grasps the ledge, the rumbling gets suddenly more aggressive and before he can get himself all the way up, the floor of spheres erupts, scattering the iron balls to all edges of the room. Reaching out, grasping toward Percival is a creature that looks like a pallid, slimy, worm-like the size of a human, its mouth a sickening tangle of tentacles and hooked jaws.

So, Percival has three options that I see. He can take a move action to finish climbing up(I'll assume that someone makes room) but this will provoke and the creature does have Combat Reflexes. He can drop as a free action which does not provoke, or he can fight while climbing without moving as long as someone holds the rope. Since the rope takes a sharp angle at the ledge, one person should be enough.

I am also going to start putting the turn order in a spoiler. Bold can act.

Knowledge Dungeoneering DC 18:
This is a Grick, an underdark predator. It's nearly impervious to nonmagical forms of attack.

Turn Order:

Pythia
Chaetris
Cerise
Percival
<--- You're up!
Enemy
Kael

Dice:

Pythia Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Chaetris Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Cerise Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Percival Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Kael Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Enemy Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Female Human Oracle 2 | HP: 15/18, Temp HP 1/1 | AC 16 (T12, FF 14) | CMB: +3 CMD: 14 | F:+2 R:+2 W:+3 (+2 vs. mind FX), | Init +2 | Perc +5, SM +4, Diplo/Intim +4 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 0/5 | Knowledge of the Ages: 4/4 | Active Conditions: Light (recast as needed), Guidance (1 min), Virtue (1 min)

Pythia's eyes roll up into her head right before the creature emerges. She sees visions of the beast, but there's no way she'll be fast enough to tell her friends.

As the visions subside, Pythia looks around, hopeful this time she was fast enough, but she wasn't. The battle's already begun. She checks her hands. Seeing the rope is still there she smiles in relief.

At least I didn't drop him!

Adjusting her grip she holds tight to the rope.

Powerless prophecy curse, and holding onto the rope for my turn.


Human Bloodrager (Metamagic Rager Primalist) 1; Initiative +1; Perception +5, Low-Light Vision, HP 15+1/21; 19+1/25; AC 16/14 T 11/9, FF {Uncanny Dodge} 15/13; Fort +5/+7, Ref +1, Will +0/+2 (+1 vs mind affecting); Rage rounds 9/9

Those balls are heavy, it must be exceptionally tough to survive down there. I probably can't even cut it. Percival reaches for the ledge, pulling himself up while trying to kick the creature away.

I'll take one AoO please.


Stand Still: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

The tentacled creature tries to prevent Percival from getting up the ledge, but he slips through the thing's grip, though there is a large amount of residual slime left on his clothing.

Turn Order: Bold to act:

Pythia
Chaetris
Cerise
Percival

Enemy
Kael


HP 13/13, AC 15, Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +4, Perc +5, Init +1 Channel 7/7, Arcane Reservoir 3/5, Pearl 1/1

How far down below us is the creature?

Knowledge Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

"A Grick! Your weapons won't hurt it. Use fire or magic." Cerise said, moving to a position where she could aim down through the hole without endangering her allies.

Move action, get into position. I'll use my standard action once I know how far away it is.


It's only 5' down at this point. The surface of the 'ball pit' is 10' from the ledge and it's a medium creature 'standing' on that surface.


HP 13/13, AC 15, Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +4, Perc +5, Init +1 Channel 7/7, Arcane Reservoir 3/5, Pearl 1/1

Cerise unleashed a blast of fire into the creature's face.

Burning Hands: 5d4 ⇒ (4, 4, 4, 3, 4) = 19
Reflex save DC 15 for 1/2 damage


Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

The creature recoils from the flames, but doesn't look deterred. Just a little burnt.

Turn Order:
Pythia
Chaetris <--- Your turn.
Cerise
Percival
Enemy
Kael


Female CG elf investigator (scavenger) 2 | HP: 10/15 | AC: 15 (T: 13, F: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +2, R: +6, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | inspiration 5/5 | Active conditions: None.

Knowledge (dungeoneering): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Chaetris pulls Percival out of the pit, moving back as she does so. "I'm out of options for this one. Cerise, Kael, I think this one is all yours. Time to try out that fancy new sword of yours."


Combat Round 2!

As the creature surges up the wall after Percival, Cerise's spell singes it but does not slow it.

Oooh. Nice one!

The disembodied voice comes as a total surprise. It sounds almost like a young boy, but the way it echoes around your head makes it unclear whether the voice is audible or imagined.

The Grick chomps at Percival, getting a solid grip on the man, probably leaving a large bruise but not pulling him down, though the creature is a lot closer now.

"Hahehehehe! That smarts!"

Definitely a young boy.

Percival takes 3 damage. Your go! I'll suspend the turn order while we're just alternating.

Dice:

Enemy Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Enemy Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


HP 13/13, AC 15, Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +4, Perc +5, Init +1 Channel 7/7, Arcane Reservoir 3/5, Pearl 1/1

"Did everyone else hear that?" Cerise asked, glancing around.


Female Human Oracle 2 | HP: 15/18, Temp HP 1/1 | AC 16 (T12, FF 14) | CMB: +3 CMD: 14 | F:+2 R:+2 W:+3 (+2 vs. mind FX), | Init +2 | Perc +5, SM +4, Diplo/Intim +4 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 0/5 | Knowledge of the Ages: 4/4 | Active Conditions: Light (recast as needed), Guidance (1 min), Virtue (1 min)

Seeing that Percival is safely standing, Pythia drops the rope.

"I sure did!" she replies.

Pythia steps forward and places a hand on Percival's shoulder. Casting Virtue on Percival, granting him 1 temp hp for 1 minute.

Yeah, I've got no way to harm this thing guys. Haha.


Human Bloodrager (Metamagic Rager Primalist) 1; Initiative +1; Perception +5, Low-Light Vision, HP 15+1/21; 19+1/25; AC 16/14 T 11/9, FF {Uncanny Dodge} 15/13; Fort +5/+7, Ref +1, Will +0/+2 (+1 vs mind affecting); Rage rounds 9/9

Ouch.

Percival completely ignores the strange voice, focusing on the current situation. Kael, if you extinguish the lanterns, maybe we can crush it in the mouth. Percival nudges Pythia backwards, back please, he says hastily. After she moves back, he follows her and, using the full reach of his weapon, tries to dislodge the Grick.

Bull Rush: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Unless it has reach, the AoO shouldn't matter. Hopefully we can stall it out for long enough to crush it or at least escape successfully.


Female CG elf investigator (scavenger) 2 | HP: 10/15 | AC: 15 (T: 13, F: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +2, R: +6, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | inspiration 5/5 | Active conditions: None.

"Or we can lure it out onto the bridge and see what the trap does." Chaetris says, staying out of the way as much as possible.


Female Human Oracle 2 | HP: 15/18, Temp HP 1/1 | AC 16 (T12, FF 14) | CMB: +3 CMD: 14 | F:+2 R:+2 W:+3 (+2 vs. mind FX), | Init +2 | Perc +5, SM +4, Diplo/Intim +4 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 0/5 | Knowledge of the Ages: 4/4 | Active Conditions: Light (recast as needed), Guidance (1 min), Virtue (1 min)

Yeah, Pythia's got a move action left. She can move back for you.

Pythia moves back at Percival's request.

"Oooh!" she remarks at Chaetris' suggestion. "Any idea how we can do THAT?"


HP 13/13, AC 15, Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +4, Perc +5, Init +1 Channel 7/7, Arcane Reservoir 3/5, Pearl 1/1

I need to wait to see the results of that bull rush to see if I can cast without risking an AoO


Percival is holding action instead since he can't reasonably make the bull rush with his reach weapon.

Edit: I think we're just waiting for Kael and Cerise to act. The only two who can do any damage here. I'd just assume the others will move aside if you need to use their square.


HP 13/13, AC 15, Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +4, Perc +5, Init +1 Channel 7/7, Arcane Reservoir 3/5, Pearl 1/1

Guess I'll just hope everyone's clear of my blast radius.

Burning Hands: 5d4 ⇒ (4, 1, 4, 1, 2) = 12


This is kind of a tricky combat. I'll assume that you step back into Kael's square if he moves up which gives you a clean shot without provoking.


HP 13/13, AC 15, Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +4, Perc +5, Init +1 Channel 7/7, Arcane Reservoir 3/5, Pearl 1/1

Works for me.


Male CG Half-orc Ranger 1 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 19 (12 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.

Attack, power attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 1 - 1 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Kael unsheathes Dirge as he advances on the strange creature. In a bright flash he swings his new-found magical blade at the resilient monster, (hopefully!) causing a rent in the creature.


Combat Round 3!

Chaetris Admeroi wrote:
"Or we can lure it out onto the bridge and see what the trap does."

"Ooooh, cool! Do it! Do it! Do it!" You can't help but imagine a young boy jumping up and down in place, though you don't see anything here except for a terrifying monster lunging toward you.

Kael steps forward and slashes at the creature, the magic weapon cutting a clean slice across the creature's skin. Unnervingly, it doesn't bleed or slow down at all for it. It looks almost like formless grey blubber inside.

Cerise lets out another scorching spell which singes the thing again. Still it comes on.

"Hahah, you used that one already. Do a new trick!" The voice continues to echo around in your head.

The creature, seemingly oblivious to the voice, lunges at Kael with its maw and several tentacles, seeming to be rebuffed by the magic armor.

Wow, quite the round for me when it comes to rolls. The creature is still 5' down getting cover against anyone not adjacent. Your turn! Also, Cerise, can you please include the DC for your spells in the future? Exploiters can increase the DC so I want to make sure I'm clear on it. Also, it'll get really complicated for me later on and I'll be glad to have the information readily available.

Dice:

reflex save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Grick Bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Grick Tentacle: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Grick Tentacle: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Grick Tentacle: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Grick Tentacle: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


HP 13/13, AC 15, Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +4, Perc +5, Init +1 Channel 7/7, Arcane Reservoir 3/5, Pearl 1/1
GM Lazyclownfish wrote:
Cerise, can you please include the DC for your spells in the future? Exploiters can increase the DC so I want to make sure I'm clear on it.

No problem. I can't boost the DC on a spell that I'm boosting the caster level. This one was the same as the last one so I left it off. In the future I'll include DC info every time.


Male CG Half-orc Ranger 1 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 19 (12 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.

Kael looks around for an origin of said strange voice, which was almost as disconcerting as the strange creature in front of him. "Hey, guys? Do these 'grick' things usually bleed, or is this weird to anyone else?" The half-orc ponders to himself. Is this somehow a construct of someone observing.

As they had an audience, Kael suddenly has an idea and roars theatrically, driving down with his short sword deep into its mass. "By Lirr, I vanquish you foul abomination!"
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Check the damage dice, but I went with HeroLab just to be sure.


The half-orc drives his shortsword deep into the creature, part of his arm following down into the texture-less flesh. The creature gives a final shudder before falling back into the pit below. Somehow, Kael's sword, arm and all, come back entirely clean.

"Hahahah wow! Nice one! Who's Lirr?" The disembodied voice echos in your head still, but this time you see the hint of a presence in the air before you. It doesn't take long to resolve into the form of a translucent farm boy with a broken neck, long black fingernails and a demoniac glare in his eyes. He regards you silently for the moment.

Knowledge Religion DC 12:
You can't kill a Ghost, not truly. I'll give more information for higher rolls in later posts.

Combat is over.


Human Bloodrager (Metamagic Rager Primalist) 1; Initiative +1; Perception +5, Low-Light Vision, HP 15+1/21; 19+1/25; AC 16/14 T 11/9, FF {Uncanny Dodge} 15/13; Fort +5/+7, Ref +1, Will +0/+2 (+1 vs mind affecting); Rage rounds 9/9

Percival follows the falling foe, watching the corpse carefully. He looks up at the ghostly farm boy, trying not to show fear. After all, it would be rude to act afraid, and Percival is sure this boy doesn't deserve to be hurt any more than he already has. He's really quite a sad sight, neck crazily broken, still trying desperately to be a child despite having died and become something else. Lirr is the goddess of poetry and such things. It's really quite strange that Kael would invoke her name right about now, Percival glances at Kael conspiratorially, then back at the child, I suggest you never let him hear the end of it.


Female Human Oracle 2 | HP: 15/18, Temp HP 1/1 | AC 16 (T12, FF 14) | CMB: +3 CMD: 14 | F:+2 R:+2 W:+3 (+2 vs. mind FX), | Init +2 | Perc +5, SM +4, Diplo/Intim +4 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 0/5 | Knowledge of the Ages: 4/4 | Active Conditions: Light (recast as needed), Guidance (1 min), Virtue (1 min)

"Oh, wonderful!" Pythia exclaims, clapping her hands happily as Kael slays the strange worm beast.

"What are you?" Pythia asks the ghost-farm-boy with curiosity. "You seem familiar, but I can't place you. I think... I think I've dreamt about you! Not you, you, of course, but you, symbolically. Dreams are very hard to interpret, you know." After another moment of staring she remarks. "You look amazing!"


Female CG elf investigator (scavenger) 2 | HP: 10/15 | AC: 15 (T: 13, F: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +2, R: +6, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | inspiration 5/5 | Active conditions: None.

Chaetris boggles at apparition, "Are you a ghost? Did you die here? How did you die? When?" She trails off. So many questions. Was I already rude? Did I upset it ... Him? She quickly gathers up her rope contraption, folding and rolling so as not to get it tangled.


Male CG Half-orc Ranger 1 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 19 (12 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None.

Kael draws back his sword with a raised blow. Dirge was a life-saver, and I don't even have to clean it yet. The half-orc is momentarily taken aback at the seeming non-challance of the party, but decided to go along with it. He shifts uncomfortably when Lirr is mentioned, and adds, "She is my goddess; she is the one that captures every song and story recorded." He glances around to his companions to register their reaction to his odd choice, then focuses to the matter at hand. However, his companions had probably posed enough questions at once for a child.


HP 13/13, AC 15, Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +4, Perc +5, Init +1 Channel 7/7, Arcane Reservoir 3/5, Pearl 1/1

Cerise regarded the boy carefully. The dead child may be harmless to them, but spirits were often predictable and powerful entities.

If this was simply a Haunt they probably had little to fear, but given that the child seemed to be able to reason and speak well it was more likely this was a full-fledged Ghost. It was probable that their little group was in a great deal more danger than they realized.

"What is your name, child?" she asked. Her voice was a mix of stern and compassionate. "How can we help you?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

501 to 550 of 870 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM LCF's Age of Worms Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.