Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Age of Modern Magic

Game Master Dragonborn3

Magic is back! How are you dealing with that, and do you even know? For that matter, does anyone else on Earth?


151 to 200 of 259 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

M Dwarf Alchemist 1
Burne Sopzich wrote:
"Umm...hey. You worried about Doc too?" Burne says to Axel, awkwardly.

"Yeah," nodding to Burne, "I couldn't get him on the phone so I decided to come down from Greenwich and see what was going on."


M Dwarf Alchemist 1

"I was referred to Dr. Rasmussen by my doctor, Dr. Andrews. I met him once, here in his office. He told me about what he called the Pulse and how people all over the world were affected. He told me about this online thing where people could talk about what was happening to them. I don't remember what he called it, I never got a chance to look at it. Looks like he pissed somebody off somehow. It's too bad, I was hoping he could help me."
"Did you see anything unusual or suspicious around the office while you were here?" asked the officer interrogating Alistair.
Alistair chuckled. "I'm from Greenwich, everything around here is unusual or suspicious to me. No, not really. I only met him the onc time and nothing seemed odd, at least not compared with everything going on that I came to talk to him about."


Male Elan 1 Cryptic

Burne's statement...he's been through this before ;)
"I arrived at (blah) time. I found him (indicates Axel) at the door. I asked him why he was here, then I informed him I was here because of odd messageboard behavior. Shortly thereafter, Felix showed up, then the dwarf and that chick (indicates Elise). Never met these people before now."


Male Human - Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Gunslinger 1

Axel stays back out and out of the way, even providing a statement when asked, since he is on vacation, he is basically a civilian.

"Since I went on Vacation and I heard the reports on the news, this new group popped up on the web. When I heard of a local doctor who might be able to help, I thought I would take a closer look, make sure people weren't being scammed. I came to talk to him this morning after talking to Mr. Duncan." Axel nods at Alistair. "I was going to give him my card so he had a way to contact the police personally, if he thought he met someone who might be dangerous to themselves or others."


Male Half-Giant Monk (Master of Many Styles) 1

A rather pale Feliks answers the detective's questions in a nervous, quiet voice.

Um, I never actually met Dr. Rasmussen.
I had emailed him a couple of times.
'Cause I was getting dizzy and stuff, ya know?
Well, dizzy, runnin' my head into stuff, and all of a sudden I can do Kung Fu.
Yes, Kung Fu.
Yes, I am serious.
No; well, I took a class once a long time ago, but I would not have said that I knew it before a few days ago.
Anyway, I just dropped in today to try to see him or at lease get an appointment because I destroyed my foot board in my sleep last night.
Well, I woke up and it had been torn loose from the rest of the frame and the wood was all caved in and splintered and stuff. Dunno who else could have done it.
Burne over there and that guy,
Feliks indicates Axel, were already here when I showed up.
I dunno, just knockin' on the door I guess.
Well, then that guy,
indicating Axel again, turned the knob and the door just opened onto, well, you know what was in there.

Feliks falls silent with a shudder.


M Dwarf Alchemist 1

Alistair walks up to Axel after giving his statement. Speaking quietly, he says,"Axel, can you get me a sample of that black liquid on the doctor's chest? I might be able to figure out what it is. It might give us a clue as to what happened here."


Male Human - Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Gunslinger 1

Axel looks at the area with the crime scene. The tape is in place, but its going to be a bit before the ambulance can get on the scene. "Are you a forensic chemist? I mean, the department does use third parties to help with cases on occasion. The backlog is pretty tremendous."


M Dwarf Alchemist 1

"No, but I am a pharmacist and it just seems like something I could do to help," answered Alisatair.


Male Human - Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Gunslinger 1

Axel thinks about it for a bit. Well...so long as you signed an NDA you should be fine. Don't want to have a copy-cat start working the scene. Axel heads over to the person in charge of the scene, and starts to get things moving in the right direction.

Profession (Police Officer): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


With everyone's statements taken, the police let everyone know that they can leave but may be called in to repeat what they said.


Male Half-Giant Monk (Master of Many Styles) 1

A bit dazedly, Feliks walks away from the scene of the murder. What the hell is going on?!

Returning to work, Feliks spends the day lost in his own world of thought, not even responding to a couple of flirting college girls.


Everyone
The rest of the day seems to pass slowly, even for those who have something to do, like Alistair(who is working to identify the black substance collected) or Axel(who was asked to end his week off a bit earlier than expected to help with the case).

Alistair
Given enough time, Alistair is able to identify what the black liquid is. A second check, even a third, reveal the same thing: the liquid is blood. Blood that, for all intents and purposes, should be dead. The cells are withered to the point they can barely hold any oxygen at all.

Elise
"So what's up?" Gerald asks as soon as Elise comes back. He's obviously decided to be late to school in order to find out what was going on, if he's even going at all. "Whoa, you okay? You're not looking so good."


Calling all players still interested!


Male Half-Giant Monk (Master of Many Styles) 1

I am still here. Still interested.


A few days pass before any new information is released on Dr. Rassmussen's murder. Police believe the murderer to be extremely sick, since the black substance found at the scene was blood. The police are encouraging anyone with information on the case to call.


Elise logged on to the messageboard again. Still no new info on Dr. Rassmussen's killer. No new info at all. She was starting to get used to that. It was getting harder to get any information from home too now that her mother-in-law was in residence. Evil harpy. They'd never gotten along, and that wasn't likely to get better now that Bob was flaunting his new girlfriend all over town. But at least Caleb was safe at home again. She sighed. Now if she could just find a job. Her 'issues' were making that complicated. But she had a good feeling about today's interview. It was a custodial job. At an aquarium supply store. She was pretty sure she could handle cleaning fish tanks. As long as she could keep Portia from eating the merchandise.


Male Half-Giant Monk (Master of Many Styles) 1

Feliks shook his head in disgust. Damn police are useless. Still nothing happening on Dr. Rassmussen's forum. And looking for other information sources on the web, or failing to find them, was getting to be very aggravating. With disgust Feliks got up and headed out the door to work. Maybe I should try to get in touch with some of the others who were there...after work.


Two new topics appear online over the course of the day.

For the Doc
Moonkin: Told a friend of mine about Dr. Rassmussen getting killed. She thought a meeting in Central Park to remember him would be a good idea. Sorta like a memorial service.

the_bleak: What if his killer shows up?

Mâché37: we could go during the day. I don't like the idea, but in broad daylight we might be a little safer.

^pointy_ears^: not liked we know who the killer was anyway. cops didn't even get the killer on camera

Park Attacks
FireFingers: With Doc's murder in the news, this may have been overlooked. [link to news report] Something is attacking people in the parks at night. Same description no matter which park, so either it's a family or this thing moves fast. Witnesses and victims says it looked like a real big wolf.

FireFingers: not much else to go on, but I got a bad feeling it's like one of us. Anyone know if the Pulse got animals too?

Aftershock211: like some mutt's got powers? yeah right

Mâché37: animals getting powers isn't possible, but people getting them isn't? makes no sense

^pointy_ears^: my mom's cat got really smart after the Pulse. Think the kitten this lady Doc Rass sent to live with us is the same. Not "it can do a lot of trick's" smart either. more like "it knows exactly what I'm saying" smart


Park Attacks

EliseQuartermaine: It's not like it has to be an animal you know. I have gills now. Who's to say there might not be some psycho out there who has claws and fur now? It could be one of us.


Male Half-Giant Monk (Master of Many Styles) 1

After returning home from work, Feliks checks for any more news, and is surprised to find new activity on the forums.

For the Doc

I_Know_Kung_Fu: I am up for it. Though I had never met Dr. Rassmussen, he seemed willing to help people. And this is a confusing situation that it would be nice to have some during. Where and When?

Park Attacks:

I_Know_Kung_Fu: Maybe he is not a psycho with claws and fur. Maybe he is just unable to cope with a really upsetting and confusing change. I would be pretty stressed out if I had fur and claws.


For the Doc

Moonkin: I don't know, Saturday maybe? Need to know when people can come.

the_bleak: works for me

Park Attacks

^pointy_ears^: King fu and EG have a good point

Aftershock211: so do we call the cops or animal control lol

Moonkin: the more you post, the less I like you, Aftershock


Male Elan 1 Cryptic

Oh! restarted!


Male Elan 1 Cryptic

TattBoss82: Any word on the Doc's services?


Mâché37: Not that I've seen. Been searching, couldn't find any mention of it anywhere, even his coworkers got nothing


Male Half-Giant Monk (Master of Many Styles) 1

For the Doc

I_Know_Kung_Fu: I am pretty flexible on time and place. My boss is pretty chill.

Park Attacks

I_Know_Kung_Fu: Do you honestly think the Police or Animal Control are prepared to deal with this? I highly doubt it.


Park Attacks
Avalanche211: maybe. Hell, if it is a freak like the rest of us, why shouldn't the ones in new york handle it?

Mâché37: because maybe we don't like the word freak?

FireFingers: Would "Pulsed" be better?

For the Doc
^pointy_ears^: I've got school, so a Saturday or Sunday is best.

the_bleak: saturday works. noon good?


Male Half-Giant Monk (Master of Many Styles) 1

Park Attacks:

I_Know_Kung_Fu: *Dramatic Voice* I'm Batman!

For the Doc

I_Know_Kung_Fu: Saturday at Noon. Works for me.


Male Human - Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Gunslinger 1

Oooh, this restarted! Shiny!

Park Attacks

Blue_Angels_Fan: Chill there Batman, don't want vigilante justice in New York. Police have enough to tangle with. Any Pulsed a track/experienced with wild animals? The police do hire consultants. You know, like on Psyche, or Monk.

For the Doc:
Blue_Angels_Fan: I have this week off, but the police might be holding the body. Investigation. Like on CSI.


Male Half-Giant Monk (Master of Many Styles) 1

Park Attacks

I_Know_Kung_Fu: Chill yourself, Angel. I ain't saying I want to be a vigilante, I am quoting a movie to point out the direction that conversation is going.


Male Elan 1 Cryptic

Park Attacks

TattBoss82: lol wut? There's a bigfoot in the park?

For the Doc

<lurks>


Park Attacks
FireFingers: Bigfoot? well, guess it's not impossible

Mâché37: not anymore

For the Doc
Moonkin: sounds like this Saturday at noon will work for a lot of people

^pointy_ears^: hey, just did a search online. Did anyone know that there was an Alice in Wonderland monument in Central Park? I haven't seen a white rabbit with a red coat on and a pocket watch(yet), but this Pulse pretty much threw us down the rabbit hole. sounds like the perfect place to meet for this.


Male Human - Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Gunslinger 1

For the Doc:

Blue_Angels_Fan: Sure. Meet up at Noon?

Park Attacks:

Blue_Angels_Fan: Ah, my bad. I keep forgetting tone does not travel through the internet well.


M Dwarf Alchemist 1

For the Doc:

Short_and_Hairy: I'll be there.


For the Doc:

EliseQuartermaine: Woohoo! I finally got a job. It's part time, but better than nothing. And in the evenings, so I'll be able to make it for this memorial thing.


For the Doc
^pointy_ears^:[/i] awesome news, EQ

Moonkin: So it's agreed then? Saturday at noon by the Wonderland monument?


Male Half-Giant Monk (Master of Many Styles) 1

For The Doc

I_Know_Kung_Fu: I will be there.


M Dwarf Alchemist 1

Short_and_Hairy:Looking forward to it


Male Elan 1 Cryptic

For the Doc

TattBoss82: Whats goin on?


Male Human - Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Gunslinger 1

For The Doc:

Blue_Angels_Fan: Sounds good. See you all there.


For the Doc

FireFingers: Moonkin said her friend thinks we should have a memorial for the Doc because he was trying help us. Then Ears found the wonderland monument in central park for us to meet at


Male Elan 1 Cryptic

TattBoss82: He deserves more. I'll be there.


For the Doc

FireFingers: guess I'll see everyone one who is coming in a few days then
Since I can't find where I listed the date in-game, we'll say it's Thursday, late afternoon to early evening.

the_bleak: hope the park attacks are over by then,

Moonlit: I doubt it if it's one of us or a Pulsed animal


Male Half-Giant Monk (Master of Many Styles) 1
Draconian Narrator wrote:

For the Doc

^pointy_ears^:[/i] awesome news, EQ

Moonkin: So it's agreed then? Saturday at noon by the Wonderland monument?

Here it is. :)


I was talking about month and day kind of date. I know the meeting is on Saturday.


Male Half-Giant Monk (Master of Many Styles) 1

Oh. Nevermind.


M Dwarf Alchemist 1

Alistair spends his time working at CVS and, whenever possible, studying the blood from murder scene. He'll try various reagents to see how it reacts, heat, cold, etc. He doesn't really know what he's looking for but hopes something will happen that might help fill in some of the blanks.


Male Elan 1 Cryptic

Passes the time working, eating, sleeping until Saturday...


Male Half-Giant Monk (Master of Many Styles) 1

Feliks spends the time working, and looking for a dojo wherein he can learn more of this new martial art that he suddenly knows; a place that can actually teach him.


Male Human - Garuda-Blooded Aasimar Gunslinger 1

Axel spends the rest of his week off relaxing. He goes to Central Park and sees a couple movies. All in all, he has a nice time off of work.


Alistair
Strangely, only intense cold seems to have any effect on the blood.

Feliks
The World Martial Arts Center on 69 W 14th St has a wide variety of classes for martials arts.

Elise
A few more calls come in from your children, but nothing seems to change on their end of the line. Gerald becomes just a little more distant, and seems preoccupied, but never admits it.

Everyone
Finally, Saturday rolls around and people begin logging of UnknownPower and heading for the Central Park Wonderland monument.

151 to 200 of 259 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Age of Modern Magic game thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.