Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Group 1 (Inactive)

Game Master Chainmail

Terror by night! current map


251 to 300 of 1,776 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Male Gnome Wizard (Illusionist) 3 (HP: 21/21 | AC 12(16)/12/11(15) | F+3, R+5, W+5 (+2 vs. illusions) | Initiative +1, Perception +7)

Hearing the priestess and Ping, Bizzlemont shouts, "We aren't the cult, priestess! We came to find them and stop them! We're just a bunch of stupid adventurers sticking our nose in something!"


Waiting for Strang to correct his move and others before Junip goes.


HP 36/36 | Per +9, Traps +1 | CMB +6 | CMD 16, AC 18, Touch 15, Flat 15 | Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +2

Sorry, busy weekend!

Strang, furious at having his mind attacked, draws his club and attacks Junip as the man is blocking his path.

Actions: draw weapon, attack

Attack (Club, Non-Lethal): 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 3 - 4 = 0

Critical fumbles?


As things descend into violence, Flaeg looks decidedly nervous. He tears off his hat so he can see better, but Junip hasn't done anything except protect his woman, and Flaeg doesn't recognize either of them as his abductors.He stands his ground, preparing to defend himself if attacked. He will meet deadly force in kind, otherwise he'll attack with the thick oak axe handle.

Ready Action: attack anyone who attacks me or my allies first. If non-lethal, -4 to roll. Great axe, PA: 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 4 - 1 = 23 for 1d12 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 3 = 11

Confirm: 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 4 - 1 = 20 for 2d12 + 8 + 6 ⇒ (1, 5) + 8 + 6 = 20


Male Human Cleric 2 (AC 20, T 11, FF 20 / HP 20/20 / F +5, R +0, W +6 / Per +4)

Everyone remember Bless! :)


Male Human Fighter3/Ranger1 | HP: 38/38 | AC 22/15/19 | F +7, R +6, W+5 | Per: +8, Init: +2

Even without being sure if this is actually the best thing to do, there is no denying the rush of swinging a massive sword for the first time in his life, and Terion lets go at the feeling, In spite of his cares to avoid mortal wounds, striking with the flat of his blade. ( First time..? You grew with a sword in your hand fool...

1d20 + 5 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 - 4 + 1 = 8

he probably let go with too much abandon. :D

Grand Lodge

m elf wizard 2

hoo boy, we're gonna be BIG heroes tonight, aren't we? lol.


Female Gnome Sorcerer 1 HP: 9/9 AC 14/14/11 | F+3 R +2 W+0 (+4 vs. Charm and Compulsion)| Per:+6, Init: +2
Spells:
Elemental Ray 6/7 | 1st: 4/4

Mayday! Mayday! *Boom!*
Pretty much par for the course really. :)
We may be best served running and coming up with a better plan, one that involves sneaking or setting up an ambush. >:)


Male Human Fighter3/Ranger1 | HP: 38/38 | AC 22/15/19 | F +7, R +6, W+5 | Per: +8, Init: +2

We have clearly crashed - now let's see if we also burn :D


Well, if Junip attacks Strang with lethal damage, Flaeg will probably step up and behead him.


Flaeg steps up protectively and prepares to hit Junip the moment he tries something. Although he is only slightly wounded so far, Junip decides enough is enough and prepares a two handed axe swing to cleave through Strang to Flaeg. Unfortunately the dwarf swings harder and faster, his swing cuts into the shoulder of the burly fighter and continues almost to his neck. There must be large arteries in the shoulder and neck, because the blood spatter covers Flaeg and Strang as the large fighter falls quickly and dramatically, his well made greataxe falls from his lifeless fingers.

The well made banded mail the fighter was wearing cannot protect him. Remarkably the armor is so well made that it contains most of the impact of the axe to a massive internal hit, and is not even dented.
Save for armor1d20 ⇒ 20

As the fighter falls in a bright red cloud, the priestess can only stare in horror.

Junip is done, next up to the priestess in any order.


Male Human Fighter3/Ranger1 | HP: 38/38 | AC 22/15/19 | F +7, R +6, W+5 | Per: +8, Init: +2

Wow, let's hope that was a bad guy....


Male Gnome Wizard (Illusionist) 3 (HP: 21/21 | AC 12(16)/12/11(15) | F+3, R+5, W+5 (+2 vs. illusions) | Initiative +1, Perception +7)

Bizzlemont's jaw drops as he sees the gout of blood fly from Junip's body when Flaeg hits him. Fighting the urge to vomit, the gnome keeps his head about him and runs toward the priestess.

"Sorry about this, but hopefully it'll keep the violence down."

Bizzlemont makes several complex gestures and then points a fanned out hand at her. A wave of colors shoot out. Those nearest to the wizard hear him say, "Cool!"

Move 30 feet up toward the priestess. Cast Color Spray, Will DC 17.


Bizzlemont has a move speed of 20' and is 45' away.

Ama, Elgoron, Bizzlemont to go.
Round 1
Ama 4<<<<
Bizzlemont 3<<<<
Round 2
Elgoron 23<<<<<
Priestess 14
Belrain 14
Strang 13
Terion 12
Flaeg 11
Ping 8
Junip 8
Ama 4
Bizzlemont 3


Female Half-Elf Cleric 2/Monk 1

'Nonononononono..' While that was the only thought in her head as Ama watched things go spectacularly south, the only thing that she could think (and XR along with her) was that this could still be salvaged, and no one deserved to die due to a misunderstanding. So, without any other information to go on, she did what she could to try to salvage the situation, and at least keep the guardian away from Death's Door.

So she ran towards the fallen body, almost sliding past in the blood, and reached for that bit of light that had been granted to her, sustaining a note clearly to help her channel the positive energy.
Charm Person sacrificed for CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Grand Lodge

m elf wizard 2

"This is not turning out to be a well-remembered adventure. If we end up with corpses here, we'll be wanted throughout the region by Gozreh, the temple, and everyone with any care for the law. get that axe away from Junip before he's revived, and everyone PLEASE put your weapons away. this was NOT supposed to devolve into violence!"

hoping my untrained diplomacy will come through for me here, lol.

diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 5

Yikes. probably sounded condescending at the very least, heh.

well that could have sounded better, huh?

'quiet, you. you're not helping.'


Male Gnome Wizard (Illusionist) 3 (HP: 21/21 | AC 12(16)/12/11(15) | F+3, R+5, W+5 (+2 vs. illusions) | Initiative +1, Perception +7)

Bizzlemont moves away from the group and then up towards the altar as quickly as his little legs can take him. "Priestess, despite appearances, we mean you no harm! We are hoping to investigate this cult."

Full Move up to N-20. Sorry, I forgot I was playing a little gnome.


As the hot blood splashes Flaeg in the face, he gets a suprised and very queasy look on his face and the bloody axe slips from his fingers to the floor. The look passes almost instantly, and his expression shifts to anger as he retrieves his weapon. Stepping back so Ama can have the space she needs, he makes eye contact with Elgoron and lowers his axe so the blade rests on one of his heavy boots. He then looks at the woman and speaks bluntly.

Sorry. Hit him too hard. Forgot not everyone is tough. Defending my clan, just as he was. Tell us about the cult. They're the ones I want to kill.


Female Gnome Sorcerer 1 HP: 9/9 AC 14/14/11 | F+3 R +2 W+0 (+4 vs. Charm and Compulsion)| Per:+6, Init: +2
Spells:
Elemental Ray 6/7 | 1st: 4/4

Ping goes catatonic and slumps to the floor.

Both voices at the same time: That was... was... HORRIBLE!

The only thing the little gnome does is mutter, "They're gonna kill me..." over and over again.


Somehow the priestess is not mollified by any words, and rushes to your right towards the far right door. She is yelling, "Stay away, stay away you vile desecrators!!"

She casts another spell targeting Bizzlemont. The gnome begins to feel his body stiffen and his movement slow.
Will DC 16 for Bizzlemont

DM rolls:
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 281d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

Sense Motive DC 28:
Her words ring somewhat rehearsed.

Perception DC 24 AND religion DC 10(untrained allowed):
As the priestess runs across the room and continues her casting, she is grasping another holy symbol rather than the Gozreh one swinging ignored.


HP 36/36 | Per +9, Traps +1 | CMB +6 | CMD 16, AC 18, Touch 15, Flat 15 | Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +2

Round 2

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 D'oh! So close... my next feat is definitely Skill Focus (Perception)!
Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Strang reveled in the gush of hot blood as it splashed over him, while the inner Steve was nauseated and paralyzed in horror.

Torn by conflicting impulses, Strang remains indecisive until Bizzle is again targeted by some magical effect. His path now unhampered by the critically-wounded Junip, Strang will try to charge the priestess.

Grapple (Charge): 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 = 8 And take an AoO, with nothing to show for it.

Status:
HP 11
AC 13 Touch 13 Flat 11
In Hands: none!


Male Human Cleric 2 (AC 20, T 11, FF 20 / HP 20/20 / F +5, R +0, W +6 / Per +4)

Sense Motive 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Knowledge: Religion 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5
Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Belrain strides forward, his club held at the ready, oblivious to anything else.

This is awesome! I'm doing great!

Advance 20' and ready an attack on any enemy who moves adjacent.


Male Human Fighter3/Ranger1 | HP: 38/38 | AC 22/15/19 | F +7, R +6, W+5 | Per: +8, Init: +2

Not even going to roll, since those DCs are waaaaay out of my league

Terion strides forward a little hesitant regarding what to do next - She may be coming back with reinforcements...


The priestess shrieks at Strang's approach and hits him a jarring blow 5hp physical with a mace. Ama's healing power infuses the body of the fallen warrior, and his slide towards death is halted at the brink. His wounds stitch together barely enough to stop the bleeding. A fountain of light appears, and Ama feels the divine power she serves happy with her actions. It was one thing to believe in divine power; quite another to experience it firsthand.
hit/dam: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 161d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Round 2
Belrain 14
Strang 13
Terion 12<<<<
Flaeg 11<<<<
Ping 8<<<<
Junip(incapacitated)
Ama 4<<<<<
Bizzlemont 3<<<<<
Round 3
Elgoron<<<<
Priestess


HP 36/36 | Per +9, Traps +1 | CMB +6 | CMD 16, AC 18, Touch 15, Flat 15 | Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +2

Status:
HP 6/11
AC 13 Touch 13 Flat 11
In Hands: none!


Male Human Fighter3/Ranger1 | HP: 38/38 | AC 22/15/19 | F +7, R +6, W+5 | Per: +8, Init: +2

Seeing the priestess hit Strang, Terion moves in her direction, charging and attacking with the flat of his blade.

Charge + attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 2 - 4 = 18
Damage if it hits: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

The blade, even used in its least lethal way, hits the priestess with a sickening thud.


Male Gnome Wizard (Illusionist) 3 (HP: 21/21 | AC 12(16)/12/11(15) | F+3, R+5, W+5 (+2 vs. illusions) | Initiative +1, Perception +7)

Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 +2 if vs. illusions

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Knowledge, Religion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Bizzlemont closes his eyes as he feels something push onto him. When he opens his eyes things seem foggy for an instant and then he shakes his head and things return to normal. "She tried to cast a spell on me!" The little gnome seems offended at the act.

Bizzlemont rushes after the priestess, getting about 15 feet from her and he points at her. A sparkling ray shoot out of his finger towards the priestess.

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Move to P-19. Use Blinding Ray. If it hits and she has 1HD, she is blinded for 1 round. If she has more than 1HD, she is dazzled.


With Terion and Strang rushing the priestess, Flaeg will join.

Double move 60 ft, trying to get behind her.


My count puts the priestess outside of charge range. You should have edit abilities on the map to move your characters.

Terion and Flaeg close the distance. Bizzlemonts ray hits, but no effect is noticed.


Male Human Fighter3/Ranger1 | HP: 38/38 | AC 22/15/19 | F +7, R +6, W+5 | Per: +8, Init: +2

Each square on the map equals 5 feet? If so, and with a movement of 30' x 2 shouldn't I reach the priestess at Q18 for example?


HP 36/36 | Per +9, Traps +1 | CMB +6 | CMD 16, AC 18, Touch 15, Flat 15 | Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +2
PRD wrote:

Movement During a Charge: You must move before your attack, not after. You must move at least 10 feet (2 squares) and may move up to double your speed directly toward the designated opponent. If you move a distance equal to your speed or less, you can also draw a weapon during a charge attack if your base attack bonus is at least +1.

You must have a clear path toward the opponent, and nothing can hinder your movement (such as difficult terrain or obstacles). You must move to the closest space from which you can attack the opponent. If this space is occupied or otherwise blocked, you can't charge. If any line from your starting space to the ending space passes through a square that blocks movement, slows movement, or contains a creature (even an ally), you can't charge. Helpless creatures don't stop a charge.

My interpretation of this is that Terion has range (60') but can't meet the movement restrictions on Charge.

Grand Lodge

m elf wizard 2

I'd like to make a double move to s-18. pretty sure I counted every other diagonal as 10, if I miscount, move me closest to that square as appropriate. trying to block the door.

"Priestess please! if you run out there yelling about a cult, you're going to panic the whole town. It'll be chaos for us AND you. Calm down, let us help heal the damage that's been done, and figure out what to do next."


Terion's speed on char sheet is 20', is that changed?


Male Human Fighter3/Ranger1 | HP: 38/38 | AC 22/15/19 | F +7, R +6, W+5 | Per: +8, Init: +2

I haven't made the math completely I admit, but since his gear list has been quite reduced, namely the armor, being now:
Studded leather 25 gp
Shield, light steel 9 gp
Longsword 15 gp
Backpack - 2gp
Waterskin - 1gp
Rations (4 days)- 2gp
Explorer's Outfit 1gp
Lamp, Common 1sp
Bedroll 1 sp
Rope, hemp (50 ft.) 1 gp
Oil, Lamp, (1-pint flask)(*5) 5 sp
Sack(*2) 2 sp

I believe that he should be moving 30' now - I will do the adequate math asap


Bizzlemont and Strang block Terion's charge, but he is able to close the distance to priestess.

Desperately the priestess backs up a step and casts another spell. This time the back right corner of the room is cloaked in darkness.

Perception DC 20 and kn:religion DC10(untrained):
The priestess seems to be ignoring the Gozreh holy symbol around her neck as she casts her spells.

The priestess continues to scream for help at the top of her lungs. Given the solid construction of the building, the wall and trees surrounding the temple, you feel it is unlikely the sounds of her screams can be heard OUTSIDE the temple compound.

Ama continues to tend the wounds of the downed warrior.
heal: 1d20 ⇒ 11


Male Human Fighter3/Ranger1 | HP: 38/38 | AC 22/15/19 | F +7, R +6, W+5 | Per: +8, Init: +2

But if i act before Bizzlemont, how is he blocking my charge?


My bad there, plus the order is not so important.

Terion hits the priestess with a huge thud, a large bruise appears on her body as she retreats and casts darkness.


HP 36/36 | Per +9, Traps +1 | CMB +6 | CMD 16, AC 18, Touch 15, Flat 15 | Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +2

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Knowledge: Religion: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

"Hey, what the...! She's not using her Gozreh symbol but a different one! They are part of the cult!"

Strang, as a half-orc able to see in the dark, confidently steps forward and swings his club at the priestess.

Attack (Club): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 C'mon, big money, big money...!
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Rass'n, frass'n, no-good, grrrr!


Round 3.

Flaeg's anger, already awaken by his shameful display earlier, roars into life at Strang's words. He glares at the priestess.

You're..you're not a priestess. Your a g**d**n tiny GIANT!"

Veins bulging and eyes wild, he raises his axe high and rushes in for a killing blow.

Greataxe, Rage, PA, Charge: 1d20 + 4 + 2 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 - 1 + 2 = 12
Damage: 1d12 + 4 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 3 + 3 = 18

AC 11 HP 17+2 Rage 7/8


Male Human Cleric 2 (AC 20, T 11, FF 20 / HP 20/20 / F +5, R +0, W +6 / Per +4)

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Knowledge: Religion 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9

"Hey! Wait a minute! You're right Strang!" Belrain exclaims. He strides forward and touches Terion on the back and whispers "May the Force be With You."

Terion gets an additional +1 on attack rolls for 1 Round.


Male Gnome Wizard (Illusionist) 3 (HP: 21/21 | AC 12(16)/12/11(15) | F+3, R+5, W+5 (+2 vs. illusions) | Initiative +1, Perception +7)

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Knowledge, Religion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Engulfed in darkness, Bizzlemont is about to rush blindly into the fight. Play smarter, Rodn- er...Biz, not stronger! The wheels in the gnome's head spin and he simply takes a step out of the darkness and begins slowly walking up to the wall. As he does this he shouts, "That's it, guys! They're ready for her in the next room! Force her through that door!" When he reaches the wall, he ducks back into the darkness and suddenly a series of voices can be heard and some heavy boots.

"Get ready, she's almost here!"
"I know! Shut up or you'll give it away!"
"Get into position at the door! She'll never see it coming!"
"Raise the lever and get ready!"

A creaking sound begins too.

Will save DC 16:

Something about those sounds don't seem quite right. And they seem to be coming from the wall itself, not beyond it.
Bizzle uses his Ghost Sound ability

Grand Lodge

m elf wizard 2

"oh really? Taking refuge in an opposing patron's temple an imposing as one of their faithful while trying to undermine and harm their town? You're developing quite a reputation in the pantheon, aren't you?

Take her alive. Ama, check "Junip" for a holy symbol too, see if he's with her or if he's been duped. This just became an interrogation, and we're not leaving without some answers."

hand of the apprentice=flying staff to the head! attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
dmg, if hit 1d4 ⇒ 2

"The sooner you surrender and cooperate, the sooner the hurting will stop, "priestess."


"Leave me alone.", the priestess concentrates and the air feels unclean.
Will DC 16 for half of negative energy damage of:2d6 ⇒ (5, 1) = 6


Only those near the priestess take damage.

Grand Lodge

m elf wizard 2

woo, missed my formatting completely on that last one.

will save 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Male Gnome Wizard (Illusionist) 3 (HP: 21/21 | AC 12(16)/12/11(15) | F+3, R+5, W+5 (+2 vs. illusions) | Initiative +1, Perception +7)

Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Male Human Fighter3/Ranger1 | HP: 38/38 | AC 22/15/19 | F +7, R +6, W+5 | Per: +8, Init: +2

Will save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Coughing the conjured unholyness away, Terion steps ahead (to R17) and attempts to land another blow on the resilient priestess, still attempting to catch her alive - You may consider surrending priestess, you are running out of options!

Attack with side of blade and PA: 1d20 + 5 + 1 - 4 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 1 - 4 - 1 = 13 (doubtful it will hit :/)
Damage if it hits: 1d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 = 8


Male Human Cleric 2 (AC 20, T 11, FF 20 / HP 20/20 / F +5, R +0, W +6 / Per +4)

Factoring in Bless and Strength Surge Terion?


Male Human Fighter3/Ranger1 | HP: 38/38 | AC 22/15/19 | F +7, R +6, W+5 | Per: +8, Init: +2

Actually only factored in Strength Surge, with bless it goes up to 14 but still... Thanks for reminding me :D


HP 36/36 | Per +9, Traps +1 | CMB +6 | CMD 16, AC 18, Touch 15, Flat 15 | Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +2

Will Save against DC 16: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Strang wilts under the priestess' magical emanactions, staggering under the unholy assault.

Status:
HP: 0/11 -5 hp from Charge-provked AoO, -5 hp from Channel Negative Energy
AC 15
In Hands: left - none, right - club
Conditions: Disabled (Staggered)

251 to 300 of 1,776 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Group 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.