Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Adventures from the Lost Tomes

Game Master Dementia Walker


401 to 450 of 1,022 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Ushari studies the plaque on the lizard man statue, and replies to Edan, "Well, if this creature was turned to stone by magic, then maybe we should talk to this wizard Desthen. He may be able to shed some light on this museum."


Male Human Psion(telepath) 2

Ramar nods at Ushari's statement, "I agree. Let's make sure there is nothing else and then be on our way."


Male Human

Sense Motive

Edan 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Lina 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Ushari 1d20 ⇒ 19
Ramar 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

@Edan you know that Flesh to Stone is a pretty powerful spell so the wizard would have to be pretty powerful to be able to cast it.

You all realize that if the person who made this is lying about what spell he is using to create the statues you should probably ask around about him and find out some information before just going up and confronting him.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

Nah we'll be fine. He's a wizard so he's squishy and all we have to do is find where he sleeps and bring the sword down on him! Dammit, that's not lawful or good is it, oh well Godelina won't be submitting that course of action of course.

"If he is powerful enough to turn this creature to stone and then lie about it then perhaps we should find out some more about him. If he was the one who was looking at this statue then he's powerful and he might be in league with demonic or infernal forces. I have heard evil Wizards often do make pacts with these beings to learn dark secrets." Godelina suggested as she doesn't want to simply walk up to comeone so dangerous, plus she hopes to have some kind of evidence to use to and convince people that he was evil.


Male Human Psion(telepath) 2

"Let us be off to one of the other locals. If it is late enough, we should check out that house."


Ushari thinks for a moment, the cautions, "Lina, I think we need to be careful here about jumping to conclusions with Desthen. The fact he lied about the statue does not automatically mean he is behind what is going on here in Saltmarsh."

She turns to Edan, "If you are set on visiting the temple of Nethys, that would be a good time to ask about him."

She takes Ramar in her arm, and then says, "Ramar, we could swing by the marketplace, too, I believe they are still open, now?"


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

The rest of the museum was interesting, Edan would admit, though still not worth the gold that it had taken to get in, in his opinion. He had also found that he enjoyed having Godelina's hand in his. What that meant was something that he needed to puzzle out, but it could probably get done once this whole thing was over, maybe. It looked like 'shari and Ramar were getting along well, also.

The suggestion to visit the temple of Nethys was sound, and he nodded at the idea, pleased that they were finding something. It may not have been the things that they were looking for precisely, but at least they were gaining more of a purpose. "Might as well. We've got a solid pair of reasons to investigate, as well as my intention to ask around there eventually."

He looked over to Godelina, raising his eyebrows at her, to see if she had any objection to the loose plan of action. "To the temple?"


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

Godelina weighs this for a moment, thinking about what he just said and how this all might lead to this wizard. They didn't want him to know that they knew he lied, yet. They would have to approch this causiously.
"I'm sure there is no problem in asking question if we do it subtly. If'll realise we're onto him if we ask or push too much on the questions. I have no objection." she blushes as she realised she was still holding Edan's hand, though she was confused why he couldn't bare to let it go. It was something she would have to ponder and meditate under later, but first they had a solid lead on the possible cause of all this corruption in the city.


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

Nodding, Edan looked at Ushari and Ramar with a small smile and nod. "Then we've got a purpose.. See you all at dinner?"

He did let go of Godelina's hand once they were on the way out, his mind more on just how they should go about asking, than anything else. Every now and then, he would glance around for the person that had been watching them, but he really did not look too hard. He was betting that Ushari and Ramar would see them more, and if that was the case, then that would be all the evidence he needed to move the house they had visited up in priority.


Male Human Psion(telepath) 2
Ushari Velnokal wrote:

Ushari thinks for a moment, the cautions, "Lina, I think we need to be careful here about jumping to conclusions with Desthen. The fact he lied about the statue does not automatically mean he is behind what is going on here in Saltmarsh."

She turns to Edan, "If you are set on visiting the temple of Nethys, that would be a good time to ask about him."

She takes Ramar in her arm, and then says, "Ramar, we could swing by the marketplace, too, I believe they are still open, now?"

Walking with Ushari, Ramar nodds "Let's go to the markplace. Lead the way." Ramar puts on a simple smile as he walks with Ushari keeping his eyes open.

perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


As she leads Ramar to the marketplace, Ushari tries to concentrate on keeping an eye out for anyone unusual eyeing them, but his proximity made it difficult to concentrate. Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Once they have arrived she will see about finding the booth Edan and Lina mentioned to them earlier, run by Misha.


Male Human

Alright so Edan and Lina are heading to the temple of Nethys I believe? Edan and Ushari are heading to the market

Ushari, Misha doesn't have a booth at the market she has an actual shop that sells magic items, it is called the Curio Shop. Fortunately for you it is a couple of blocks down from the market so you can probably check them both out before they close. Are you heading to the shop first or the market?


"Let's head to the Curio shop, Ramar, we can talk to Misha for a bit." Once we arrive there, Ushari says to her, "You are Misha, right? I am Ushari, and this is Ramar. We wanted to ask you about any thing unusual that started happening recently, like any unusual items you sold, or any unusual buyers you have sold magic items to. I would not be so forward with you, but a friend of ours has vouched for you, and any help you can give us would be most helpful."

Diplomacy 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Sense Motive 1d20 ⇒ 12


Misha rolls her eyes heaven wards, "More of you? I thought that that pushy paladin and cleric that stopped by earlier would be the last." She sighs, "No, I have noticed nothing strange going on, no strange people, no strange magic items, no strange clouds in the sky or pictures in my breakfast. As far as I am concerned things here are as normal as can be."

As far as you can tell she is being truthful to you.


Male Human

Edan and Lina make their way to the Ostentatious Temple of Nethys, as they make their way in through the front doors they are greeted by an acolyte, who seems rather absent minded, sitting behind a desk.

"How are you doing today? Can I direct you to the main sanctuary to worship Nethys? Or perhaps you are here to peruse the library? You don't seem the type looking for the Mages guild, Perhaps you are looking for magic items? How can I help you?"

The mage seems to have Prestidigitation cast because as he is saying this there are little fireworks going up from behind his chair and exploding above his head and as he is asking you where you want to go small arrows are forming on a crude sign on the desk that points the direction of each of the places he is asking you about.


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

Edan looked interested as the acolyte mentioned the world "Library", and looks in the direction that the arrow indicated, though the effects of the magic spell that he had cast had more of his attention at the moment, examining the effects. There was the seed of an idea in his head, and it was something that he poetentially could pursue at the same time that he did some digging around. "The Library." He said evenly, looking around at the temple.

Ideally, he could get some research in about the town, look up a little more about the idea that he had, and find more out about the spell that could turn something living into stone. Once that was done, they could ask about the artist that submitted the piece.


Male Human

"Ah, very good choice, very good. Than will be 1 gold."

He smiles and points to a slot on the desk in front of himself.

"Lucky for you we are open 24hrs a day otherwise I would have to inform you that it is 2 hrs untill dusk!"


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

"We also came from the Museum and I was curious about what you could tell me about the man who made that amazing life-like lizardman sculpture. The plaque said it was done by someone called...Desthen? It said he shaped it out of stone with the stone shape spell which is impressive, but I didn't know you could mould stone so perfectly with that spell." Godelina will try to seem like someone who is simply curious in all this and try to hide her true intentions on finding out more about him.

Bluff check if needed: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 untrained


Male Human

"Desthen? Hummm, I had no idea that he was an artisan. Always seemed like a pompous ass to me."

Then as if suddenly realizing who he was talking to he says quickly

"But don't tell him I said that!"


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

For once, Edan was grateful for 'Lina's rather direct manner of doing things, a brief expression of relief showing on his face when she spoke up, before he schooled himself into a more neutral expression. So many places that were charging a gold for entrance, when he was still sitting on a couple silver and a few copper. While she was talking to the acolyte, he was thinking quickly about a way to manage access without having to come up with a gold piece.

The acolyte's sudden request to keep his words from travelling to unwanted ears gave him an idea. Inwardly, he hoped Godelina would not admonish him for it, but seeing as how he did not have the gold currently... "No worries. Opinions are things that often do not need to be carried beyond the immediate conversation", he said smoothly. "Tell me, as we are representing the temple of Iomedae in this particular instance, might it be possible for us to render our services or knowledge in trade for Library access?" It was a bit indelicate, and certainly not the best words that he could have used, but it got the point across. He even added a little weight to his gaze.


Male Human Psion(telepath) 2
Misha Larakti wrote:

Misha rolls her eyes heaven wards, "More of you? I thought that that pushy paladin and cleric that stopped by earlier would be the last." She sighs, "No, I have noticed nothing strange going on, no strange people, no strange magic items, no strange clouds in the sky or pictures in my breakfast. As far as I am concerned things here are as normal as can be."

As far as you can tell she is being truthful to you.

Laughing, Ramar comments, "Well sounds quite alright. If you would indulge me, I am new to the area. What's the general goings on around this place?"

gather infor(diplo) check and sense motive 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 161d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


"The general goings on eh?" She thinks for a moment. "nothing too noteworthy you are a few years too late for the sahuagin uprising, no great evil is threatening to destroy the town. Mostly small town growing pains. People that don't get along, general distrust of the lizard folk over at the embassy. I really don't get out much, you would have better luck at a bar most likely."


Male Human

@Edan- The man behind the desk looks surprised for a moment a little outraged even, you can tell that he is flustered. "Only the faithful of Nethys are allowed in without paying the fee. I could get into trouble just letting you in..." he whines.


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

Edan nodded his understanding, and went for the opportunity that he saw. "My friend, if it is a discussion of faith that you seek, I can easily oblige you, and in fact, with Nethys being interested in knowledge, could it not be said that he would value knowledge over a piece of metal? Furthermore, given that he does favor those who seek the use of magic, what would his opinion of you turning away a potential wizard be?" Edan gave him a friendly smile, and raised his eyebrows in inquiry.

After all, if the temple proved especially useful, he would certainly return and repay the money, but at the moment, he was rather unable.
Diplomacy:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Male Human

He huffs and puffs a bit and then digs around in his pocket pulling out a gold piece dropping it into the slot, "Very well." he says "But she has to pay for her self." pointing to Lina.


Not sure what time of day it is yet, assuming it is still afternoon.

"What do you think, Ramar? Should we do some shopping at the market, or should we head over to her house now?"


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

She shrugs at this wondering if the man was angry at her for some reason.
"That's fine by me, rules are rules." Godelina wanted to say so many things but being controlled by her paladin nature she said no more on the subject and paid the single gold coin without hesitation. "Before I enter I'd like to learn about Nethys. Sounds this God is more interested in knowledge than the fight against evil like those of us who go out to the Worldwound to keep this world from being overrun."


Male Human Psion(telepath) 2
Ushari Velnokal wrote:

Not sure what time of day it is yet, assuming it is still afternoon.

"What do you think, Ramar? Should we do some shopping at the market, or should we head over to her house now?"

"We can look around if you wish. I am in no hurry." Ramar walks with Ushari through the market while she looks around. He keeps one eye out for anyone following them.

perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


Male Human

Sorry for the breaks in my posts, I am in the process of moving (Again) and haven't had a lot of time to get on the computer lately. I should be done by the beginning of next week.

@ Lina/Edan "Nethys is the god of all magic everywhere, Equal parts destruction and protection he is completely neutral and does not judge. He is protector and giver of knowledge." The priests of the Temple of Nethys are beginning to walk around lighting scones, torches, and candles all over the Temple, you arn't sure if they are magical or not because they don't seem to be carrying any tapers with them.

@ Ramar/Ushari no one seems to be watching you, are there any particular stalls you are looking for or are you just looking to see if anything catches your eye before nightfall? its about 2 hrs until dusk by the way.


Ushari looks around for a nice dress to wear, and also some more jewelry. She will ask Ramar his opinion on what color looks good on her, trying to get him to open up a little.


Male Human Psion(telepath) 2
Ushari Velnokal wrote:
Ushari looks around for a nice dress to wear, and also some more jewelry. She will ask Ramar his opinion on what color looks good on her, trying to get him to open up a little.

With a little smile, Ramar states, "They all are outshined by you but I do like the violet one."

I'm in favor of blinking to that night outside the house


Male Mostly Human Expert Lv1

Hey guys, I am really sorry to do this to you but I am shipping out this month (I wasn't supposed to be till Dec) and will be off line for at least 2 months if not longer. So the game is pretty much over unless you all want to stick around until I get back. I really enjoyed your role playing and was hoping to get farther before I had to go but I didn't really anticipate how slow it was going to be on the message boards. I hope you all had fun. Catch you later.


Male Human Psion(telepath) 2

Sorry to see you go. Best of luck. shoot us a line when you get access


Male Human

Shari and Ramar wait for the shops to begin to close up prior to leaving the market, watching others begin heading home they act as though they are doing the same however they slowly make their way to the house which is their destination. As the darkness fully envelops the town you look right and left down the deserted street prior to your approach the house that the parents of the runaway child live.

Unsure if Shari actually wanted to purchase a dress or not, let me know


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1
Narrator of the lost Tomes wrote:
@ Lina/Edan "Nethys is the god of all magic everywhere, Equal parts destruction and protection he is completely neutral and does not judge. He is protector and giver of knowledge." The priests of the Temple of Nethys are beginning to walk around lighting scones, torches, and candles all over the Temple, you arn't sure if they are magical or not because they don't seem to be carrying any tapers with them.

Curious about the procession, Edan's response was forestalled, watching the priests providing illumination. It took him a couple of seconds to drag his curiosity back to the conversation, and offered the desk attendant a brief smile. "Ah. Knowledge for the sake of knowledge-- with all that implies." It made a sort of sense to Edan. Certainly different than Iomedae's stance, but in no way counter to it. Knowledge allowed one to make the proper decisions, and with the proper decisions, a person, town, or even nation could flourish.

He did recognize that it could work the other way as well. However, it was an equal stance and for that, he could not particularly fault the philosophy. Turning, he looked at Godelina and essayed a small smile. "It is nearing supper. Hopefully we can find what we're looking for and meet the others back at the Lizard Boat in time."
For Researching: K.(arcana):1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24; Intelligence:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

Yeah, 'Shari would purchase a nice dress, this time a red one, slightly more revealing, he he (btw...'Shari is only a size B cup). DW, let me know how much it would cost.

'Shari glances around her nearly jumping at every slight movement in the lengtheneing shadows. "I'm scared, Ramar."

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
Edan Crosier wrote:
Narrator of the lost Tomes wrote:
@ Lina/Edan "Nethys is the god of all magic everywhere, Equal parts destruction and protection he is completely neutral and does not judge. He is protector and giver of knowledge." The priests of the Temple of Nethys are beginning to walk around lighting scones, torches, and candles all over the Temple, you arn't sure if they are magical or not because they don't seem to be carrying any tapers with them.

Curious about the procession, Edan's response was forestalled, watching the priests providing illumination. It took him a couple of seconds to drag his curiosity back to the conversation, and offered the desk attendant a brief smile. "Ah. Knowledge for the sake of knowledge-- with all that implies." It made a sort of sense to Edan. Certainly different than Iomedae's stance, but in no way counter to it. Knowledge allowed one to make the proper decisions, and with the proper decisions, a person, town, or even nation could flourish.

He did recognize that it could work the other way as well. However, it was an equal stance and for that, he could not particularly fault the philosophy. Turning, he looked at Godelina and essayed a small smile. "It is nearing supper. Hopefully we can find what we're looking for and meet the others back at the Lizard Boat in time."
For Researching: K.(arcana):1d20+6; Intelligence:1d20+2

Godelina, having nothing else to really add besides blind accusations without a shred of evidence nods to Edan.

"I am certain we will find it. Iomedae will guide us." she says with a confident smile as she takes hold of a holy symbol, looking at it for a moment in a silent prayer before heading off with Edan. Once they're a distance away Lina will look back for a moment. "It is a shame we can not break in and grab everyone who shows up evil so that they can be delt with, but it is best not to break the law as long as we're here."


Male Human

I will post when I get home from work today, had a long workout and I don't have time right now prior to work. Hope everyone has a Happy 4th tomorrow.


Male Human

Edan spends the few hours that remain before dinner time pursuing the stacks and finds a book about exactly what he was looking for, (you now know how flesh to stone works as per the discription in the core rule book) you also find a few spell book primers that teach the basics of how magic and casting spells work with a few level one spell descriptions.

You also find that Desthen is a Journeyman level mage that specializes in transmutation spells through a current "year book" that you find in the stacks.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

Godelina, finding nothing to do whilst Edan does his thing decides to have a soak in a bath before saying a prayer and then into bed.
assuming it's later in the day, if not she'll meet up with 'shari and Ramar.


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

There was not much Edan said, save to always answer Godelina's questions with his (admittedly limited) view of things, though she could tell by the gradually increasing frown on his face, especially once he looks into a couple more books. Once he was certain about the spell, he sighed and looked up at Godelina with more of a frown than he had before.

"This", he said, sliding the yearbook over so Godelina could see it, pointing to the line that the name was on, "is the entry for the artist that the statue of the lizardman was credited to." Another book moved to join the yearbook as an explanation of the general spheres of magic. "His specialty is listed as Transmutation, which could plausibly be the cause for the statue."

Shrugging, he held up a finger, knowing generally arlong the lines of what Godelina was thinking. "The concern I have is why he would display what was-- is?",his voice indicated the uncertainty at that statement, "..a living being." That was a question that he would have to ponder tonight. A shake of his head signified his pushing the questions to to the side for now, as his stomach was making more of a demand. He started closing books, realizing the time.

"Either way, we have the information that we came for this time. At least, the information regarding what was found in the museum." Pausing, he looked at Godelina. "Anything else we should be looking for before we leave?" Edan was highly conscious of the gold piece that it took to get in, and wanted to avoid having to pay it again.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
Edan Crosier wrote:

There was not much Edan said, save to always answer Godelina's questions with his (admittedly limited) view of things, though she could tell by the gradually increasing frown on his face, especially once he looks into a couple more books. Once he was certain about the spell, he sighed and looked up at Godelina with more of a frown than he had before.

"This", he said, sliding the yearbook over so Godelina could see it, pointing to the line that the name was on, "is the entry for the artist that the statue of the lizardman was credited to." Another book moved to join the yearbook as an explanation of the general spheres of magic. "His specialty is listed as Transmutation, which could plausibly be the cause for the statue."

Shrugging, he held up a finger, knowing generally arlong the lines of what Godelina was thinking. "The concern I have is why he would display what was-- is?",his voice indicated the uncertainty at that statement, "..a living being." That was a question that he would have to ponder tonight. A shake of his head signified his pushing the questions to to the side for now, as his stomach was making more of a demand. He started closing books, realizing the time.

"Either way, we have the information that we came for this time. At least, the information regarding what was found in the museum." Pausing, he looked at Godelina. "Anything else we should be looking for before we leave?" Edan was highly conscious of the gold piece that it took to get in, and wanted to avoid having to pay it again.

Godelina thinks for a moment and bites her lip.

"From my understanding, this town has a peaceful approch to the local lizardfolk so I don't believe it could be a act of defence." she voices out both their thoughts on the subject. "We might be off the boarder of Cheliax and our religion is not popular so we can't just walk in, weapons drawn and expect to be allowed to investigate the statue further, not to mention if he is there, like I believe he was when I was there, he will realise that we are on in tail."

She seems to be in a deep thought for a moment and then snaps her fingers.
"What do we know about this wizard and his...trans-mutation?" she says the word uncertainly. "We could confront him at one of his haunts if we know where he goes and then he'll be trapped. My greater worry is, if there is this peace between the town and the lizardfolk then I'm sure turning one to stone will anger them and they might turn on the village if they were to learn this and so the question is, who would gain from a war between this village and the lizard folk?" she states openly as she tries to make sense of what they have uncovered so far and turns to the other members of the group. "Thoughts?"

I believe my memory is right about the peace between the two as origonally I and Godelina didn't understand what the issue would be if it were a real lizardfolk and the DM stated it was because they have a peace with the local lizardfolk tribe.


Male Human

This is all true, waiting for a post from Ramar before I get the two of you too far ahead, you can keep looking for information here, if you are done here you can go back to your temple temporarily and give an update on everything you have been finding, or you could head to get dinner at the lizard boat early and wait for the others.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
Narrator of the lost Tomes wrote:
This is all true, waiting for a post from Ramar before I get the two of you too far ahead, you can keep looking for information here, if you are done here you can go back to your temple temporarily and give an update on everything you have been finding, or you could head to get dinner at the lizard boat early and wait for the others.

thought we were already there. Forgo the part about asking the others then.


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

Edan blinked, having not thought of the conflict angle. He was more set to simply finding out, rather than the next logical step which was what would most likely happen. "I hadn't thought of that", he admitted. "Well, that adds another thing to the list of 'Things To Be Done'." Grinning, he ran a hand through his hair tiredly and stared down at the books in front of him without really looking at them. "We will have to visit their Embassy, I guess.. At least we can ask."

Mentally tallying, they still had to visit the (possibly hostile) Druid, check the Embassy, go through the city records, and then there was the.. Dryad. Slumping, his forehead lightly hit the table with a 'thnk' as he spoke into the open book with a slight groan. "Light, but this is daunting."


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
Edan Crosier wrote:

Edan blinked, having not thought of the conflict angle. He was more set to simply finding out, rather than the next logical step which was what would most likely happen. "I hadn't thought of that", he admitted. "Well, that adds another thing to the list of 'Things To Be Done'." Grinning, he ran a hand through his hair tiredly and stared down at the books in front of him without really looking at them. "We will have to visit their Embassy, I guess.. At least we can ask."

Mentally tallying, they still had to visit the (possibly hostile) Druid, check the Embassy, go through the city records, and then there was the.. Dryad. Slumping, his forehead lightly hit the table with a 'thnk' as he spoke into the open book with a slight groan. "Light, but this is daunting."

Godelina gives a nod as Edan sees this angle and she smiles as she seems pleased with herself for suggesting this.

Hopefully we don't mention that we found one in stone, but try to investigate what's going on." Lina mentions with a smile.

Lina giggles as she looks down at Edan with his head stuck in the book.
"You'll ruin the book if you speak into it." she laughs as she raises from her chair and offers a hand over to Edan to help him up. "Where to first then? We have quite a few places to visit afterall."

trying to base her off a anime character from a anime I really got into call fate stay/night and fate/zero. Both with the same character, Saber. Mostly because she's a noble/knight and his honourable in her code. Fate/stay night opening. highly recommend to any fan of anime, great series.


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

Raising his face from the book, Edan looked up at Godelina with a slight smile and a wry look. "The wizard Desthen is known here. We can see if he is in and talk to him, and then to the Lizard Boat. We can see if the others discovered anything, and catch up." He took her hand and stood, starting to close the books and scrolls to leave them neatly stacked at the table. While they may have paid to get in, he was not going to leave an entire mess for the acolytes to clean up, and until they knew what was going on, he also did not want to leave too many clues for anyone that might be snooping behind them.

"..That is, if we can find Desthen. We could ask at the front, maybe." Edan bumped shoulders with Godelina, his way of showing camaraderie with her-- but always careful of the armor, as he was usually wearing his when he did this-- and started back towards the front desk.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
Edan Crosier wrote:

Raising his face from the book, Edan looked up at Godelina with a slight smile and a wry look. "The wizard Desthen is known here. We can see if he is in and talk to him, and then to the Lizard Boat. We can see if the others discovered anything, and catch up." He took her hand and stood, starting to close the books and scrolls to leave them neatly stacked at the table. While they may have paid to get in, he was not going to leave an entire mess for the acolytes to clean up, and until they knew what was going on, he also did not want to leave too many clues for anyone that might be snooping behind them.

"..That is, if we can find Desthen. We could ask at the front, maybe." Edan bumped shoulders with Godelina, his way of showing camaraderie with her-- but always careful of the armor, as he was usually wearing his when he did this-- and started back towards the front desk.

Godelina gives a smirk as she just realised something that she could do.

"If he is the one responsable and the one with the evil aura I picked up on in the museum, I have a idea. she then stops and says a quick prayer to Iomedae, opening her eyes again but this time searching for any evil aura. "Her gift caught me a flimps of someone evil at the museum, if he was that figure I wil be able to find him."

Paladin's at will detect evil ability. She can detect auras of evil in a 60ft cone from her position and she can tell the strength and where it is as if studied for three rounds. She'll give a slight brose, if anyone comes across them she will look at the books, as if contemplating which one to take out.


Male Human

You detect no one evil in the 60 ft around you in the library, however you know that The spell can penetrate barriers, but 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of common metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 3 feet of wood or dirt blocks it and this being a very large ostentatious temple, the lower floor walls are quite thick (more then a foot) to support the weight of everything above it. so all you are sensing is what is in the library at this moment.

When you reach the front desk the acolyte looks up and says "Oh, you again." Sounding less then thrilled, "What can I do for you?"


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
Narrator of the lost Tomes wrote:

You detect no one evil in the 60 ft around you in the library, however you know that The spell can penetrate barriers, but 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of common metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 3 feet of wood or dirt blocks it and this being a very large ostentatious temple, the lower floor walls are quite thick (more then a foot) to support the weight of everything above it. so all you are sensing is what is in the library at this moment.

When you reach the front desk the acolyte looks up and says "Oh, you again." Sounding less then thrilled, "What can I do for you?"

Godelina then has a expression on her face that shows her irritation, but the quickly calms down.

"I have heard of a man who could help in our enquiries. I believe his name is Desthen and he stays at this temple. Could you perhaps tell us where to reach him?" she gives a little smile as she wishs to make him feel comfortable and un-threatened as well as making this sound like a perfectly normal request. "We wish to learn more about this...Trans-mutation and it sounds as if this man is a expert in the field."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

hopefully this increases his attitude towards us. I'll leave it for the DM to decide, but I think the nat 20 giving me 30 should be more than enough since he doesn't appear hostile and I doubt he has over 30 charisma. If Godelina was a but more chaotic she'd probably have the trait that would give her a bonus if he found her physically attractive, lol. Can't believe this, nat 20 on a skill roll yet my last rolls were under 10, lol.

401 to 450 of 1,022 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Adventures from the Lost Tomes All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.