Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Adventures from the Lost Tomes

Game Master Dementia Walker


351 to 400 of 1,022 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Male Human Psion(telepath) 2

"Let us wait until it is dark and there are not many people about. Once we are sure that there is no one around, then we can knock on the door and I will put her to sleep. We can exam the home then. If they leave before then, we can follow them." Pausing, Ramar turns to Ushari, "What do you think?"


Ramar wrote:
"Let us wait until it is dark and there are not many people about. Once we are sure that there is no one around, then we can knock on the door and I will put her to sleep. We can exam the home then. If they leave before then, we can follow them." Pausing, Ramar turns to Ushari, "What do you think?"

Ushari looks up at him, and nods, "That is a good plan, but what should we do in the meantime? It is only midafternoon so we have extra time to spend. Do you think we should talk to any of her neighbors...well except for the gossipy one!" She giggles lightly.


Male Human Psion(telepath) 2

Considering Ushari's statements, "Or we could check out one of the other spots that we haven't checked?"


"Why don't we stop by the market Lina mentioned earlier?"


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

With Ramar and Ushari leaving the table, the waitress goes to check on the other tables.

Edan just raises an eyebrow at Godelina, and after a considering glance at his bowl, shakes his head and places two silver and two copper on the table for the both of them. "What are your plans, 'Lina?", he asked as he stretched upwards. Going to root around City Hall could wait if there was something that she felt she needed to do-- it was not like the books were going to go anywhere.

What he was less willing to admit, was that it was not as fun when she was not keeping him company. However, that was something that he did not want to look into just now. It was probably better to figure out that sentiment when they were not on assignment, since he figured he had already missed a clue somewhere. More of a distraction would not help this curiosity get solved quicker.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

Godelina was taken off guard by this as she really didn't know. She wanted to spend some more time with him as she found that she enjoyed his company but wasn't entirely sure why. It was going to take some time in meditation before she could understand these emotions she had. Thinking for a moment looking at her drink a thought came to mind.
"How about the druid? The one who's been acting strangly or that home they mentioned?


Male Human Psion(telepath) 2
Ushari Velnokal wrote:
"Why don't we stop by the market Lina mentioned earlier?"

Nodding at Ushari, "Let's do that. Lead the way."


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

Edan nodded his agreement and offered her his arm to help her up. She was in armor, and he was not, and having that extra weight sometimes made a difference, especially after a good meal like this one had been. "That sounds right, I guess. if we're looking there, then we probably ought to check the various temples after that, then."

Reaching back, he snagged the leaflet that Godelina had brought, and tucked it into his belt pouch. "Besides, I don't know where that house they were talking about is located." He was thinking that asking about the temples would take the rest of the day, so tomorrow was going to be for searching the city records. He also had to sketch up something for the competition at the museum.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

Godelina took the offered arm and smiled as he seemed such the gentleman all of a sudden, this thought gave her heart a flutter. Her face was flustered, but she remained strong and holding the feelings back.
"I'm fine with going to. There are no teachings saying not to respect other temples unless they are evil. I'm sure we'll be fine afterall."


Male Human

Ramar perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Ushari perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Lina perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Edan perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Ushari and Edan

Spoiler:
As you all part ways from the Lizard Boat you notice a shadowy figure dart around the side of a building a couple of buildings down, you have the distinct and unnerving impression that he had been watching you intently up until the point that he moved and you noticed him.


Ushari takes Ramar in her arm and steers him along towards the market, and he notices her eyes widen as she noticed someting, she stops for a moment, out of sioght fom the crowds, and gives him a hug. While her body is pressed against his, she pulls his face close and whispers im his ears, "We are being watched."

Did Ushari see where he disappeared to, and could she tell who in particular he was watching?


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

Perhaps it is from keeping company with Godelina, and perhaps he just was not a subtle sort of person, but Edan immediately turns his head in the direction of what he had seen. "I think someone was watching us", he said with a frown, uncertain about what it might mean.. Often, Godelina would have people watching her from afar, simply because of her nature. Often, those who were watching her were ashamed to be caught watching, or kids would watch her, having never seen a Paladin before.

He looked towards Ramar and Ushari, not too far off from them, to see if either of them noticed anything.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
Edan Crosier wrote:

Perhaps it is from keeping company with Godelina, and perhaps he just was not a subtle sort of person, but Edan immediately turns his head in the direction of what he had seen. "I think someone was watching us", he said with a frown, uncertain about what it might mean.. Often, Godelina would have people watching her from afar, simply because of her nature. Often, those who were watching her were ashamed to be caught watching, or kids would watch her, having never seen a Paladin before.

He looked towards Ramar and Ushari, not too far off from them, to see if either of them noticed anything.

"Someone spying on us?" she asks as she looked in the area Edan had looked at breifly and uses detect evil, not sure what this man was or why he was stareing at them but if he was evil she was going to make sure to give chase. "I hope this is a lead and not some other admiring fan."


Male Human

@Edan and Ushari

Spoiler:
It appeared to be male though he was wearing a heavy dark cloak, and he ducked down an alley way between two buildings about 75ft away from the Lizard Boat, he seemed to be moving very quickly as soon as he noticed you look in his direction


Male Human Psion(telepath) 2
Ushari Velnokal wrote:

Ushari takes Ramar in her arm and steers him along towards the market, and he notices her eyes widen as she noticed someting, she stops for a moment, out of sioght fom the crowds, and gives him a hug. While her body is pressed against his, she pulls his face close and whispers im his ears, "We are being watched."

Did Ushari see where he disappeared to, and could she tell who in particular he was watching?

Enjoying this facade a little too much, Ramar plays his part and focuses his mind. "Who are they and where are they at?"

manifest mindlink. concentration to suppress mental display 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

There was laughter in Edan's voice as he took off after the individual. "But you're so beautiful!", he teased, knowing 'Lina was going to follow, but not that fast, he realized, even as he took off after the figure. There was "intent" in his body language, so the others should notice, or, at least, he expected Ushari to notice. If he ran all out, he could possibly see the figure, maybe tell its gender, or where it was going?

Double-move after the figure. The second it starts requiring Acrobatics Checks, he's not pursuing.


Ramar wrote:

Enjoying this facade a little too much, Ramar plays his part and focuses his mind. "Who are they and where are they at?"

manifest mindlink. concentration to suppress mental display 1d20+5

Once Ramar has established the mindlink, she imparts an image of what she saw. Ramar, read the above spoiler. He also gets a sense of disappointment when he breaks the hug. "Should we try to track him down now, or tell Lina and Edan?" She was breathing hard after being that close to him, and almost didn't see Edan rush off after him. She then runs to follow Edan, pulling Ramar after her.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

Godelina was taken off guards by Edan's statement and glowing bright red from this. She tried to straigten up, keeping her mind on this assailent to track him down. She does a double move just to keep up with Edan and keeping detect evil up to see if there is any evil in the area. She wants to find whoever it was that was watching them and question them. Perhaps their disturbance about town has stirred something up?


Male Human

As you all start suddenly running down the street there are crys of surprise from onlookers and people move to get out of your way.

@ Lina, when you first cast detect evil the man was out of range of your ability and as you get close enough to the alley for the cone to cover it he no longer seems to be in the alley.

You all round the corner into the alley that the man turned down and see that it goes straight for about 50ft and then makes a T intersection going right and left there is a two story building on either side of you and one making up the back wall of the T it is chock full of crap to get in your way [oo]cCounts as difficult terrain for 10-20ft then normal for 5-10 then back to difficult, repeat[/ooc] if you wish to continue pursuit let me know.


Ushari takes the lead, passing Edan, and moves to the T intersection, glancing down both ways, looking for traces of their watcher. Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20, she also has Nimble Moves so she ignores the first 5' of difficult terrain.


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

Edan skidded to a stop at the alley, knowing that by the time he navigated the debris in the alley, he would not have had a chance at catching up with whoever that was in the heavy cloak. "'Shari!", he called out to her, shaking his head. There were too many things that could go wrong, and having just one or two of them chasing after whoever that was could end badly if they harbored ill intentions.

That did tell them one thing, however. If that was connected to the investigation that they had been doing, then they had already found something, even if they did not know what it was yet. So now, all they had to do was find out which of them that it was, that had caused this. Turning around, he started walking back to Godelina and Ramar, frowning and chewing his lip as he thought.


Male Human Psion(telepath) 2

Running after Ushari, Ramar comments, "Do you know how to track Ushari?" As he returns from down the alley, Ramar comments "Well, at least we know that we're getting somewhere. If we just knew what lead sparked the fire. I don't suppose either of you can track?"


Male Human
Ushari Velnokal wrote:
Ushari takes the lead, passing Edan, and moves to the T intersection, glancing down both ways, looking for traces of their watcher. Perception 1d20+5, she also has Nimble Moves so she ignores the first 5' of difficult terrain.

to the left it is a dead end as the two buildings get closer and closer and eventually sandwich together, the right opens up to a cross street that you ran by to get to the alley that the man turned down, you notice disturbed junk kicked about going toward the two buildings that are sandwiched together and you swear you saw something flick over the edge of the roof just as you turned the corner.


Ushari stops at the intersection, and after hearing the calls from both Edan, and Ramar, she sighs and gives up the pursuit. Returning to the others, you a look of frustration on her face none of you have seen before. "He got away! I just wasn't fast enough to get to him! I don't think he can be tracked, unless we can fly somehow."

After calming down some more, and catching her breath, she shakes her head at Ramar, and says,"I have no idea who among us he was watching or whether it be all of us." She then says, looking at the others, "Well, should we just continue with out original plans, or should we stick together?"


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

Edan looks glances at Ushari and Godelina. "It's safe to assume that one of us is being suspected of poking around in places close to what we may be looking for, or a paranoid individual that may or may not have anything to do with what we're looking for has singled us out." He ran his hands through his hair and looked up at the sky, deciding that running like that after eating so soon was not exactly the best choice of actions.

"'Lina, you said you detected evil, but found nothing. 'Shari, you said you and Ramar visited the boy's home and something was not right.. He looked at the both of them as he thought out loud. "The house you mentioned is the only stationary location, but I will get a chance to linger at the museum when I enter the contest.."

He spread his hands. "I just talked to councilors, one in the Temple, and one on the small island.. Oh! Also one in the Silver Raven, but it was mostly empty... I think."


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

Was going to argue that Godelina was next to Edan due to the same movement so they could've kept going.

Detect evil is only good at showing up more obvious and powerful auras, like that of evil clerics, demons or powerful evil men or women like fighters or wizards. It won't work is say it's a simple peasent who enjoys killing kittens and is clearly evil or indeed a oppitunistic rapist unless he was of considerable strength. Not ot mention this man was so fast and my range isn't that far I might've missed him completely, but in my opinion innocent men don't run." she crossed her arms and smiled at his suggestion at the museum. "I am sorry I didn't find out who the evil aura belonged to, but it was gone before I got there. I would like to help you in your art in any way possible." she appears sincere and sorry about what happened as if she somehow let him get out of her grasp and is interested in helping out with his art in any way.

"The home sounds interesting with this darkness in the background" she approches this with thought. "Unfortunately I feel these parents will have to be taken out, but I will not spill their blood. whatever corrupted them might be removed and they can be a family once more."


Male Human Psion(telepath) 2
Godelina Evelyn wrote:

Was going to argue that Godelina was next to Edan due to the same movement so they could've kept going.

Detect evil is only good at showing up more obvious and powerful auras, like that of evil clerics, demons or powerful evil men or women like fighters or wizards. It won't work is say it's a simple peasent who enjoys killing kittens and is clearly evil or indeed a oppitunistic rapist unless he was of considerable strength. Not ot mention this man was so fast and my range isn't that far I might've missed him completely, but in my opinion innocent men don't run." she crossed her arms and smiled at his suggestion at the museum. "I am sorry I didn't find out who the evil aura belonged to, but it was gone before I got there. I would like to help you in your art in any way possible."

Having an idea, Ramar comments, "Godelina did you just say that what ever ran away at great speed? Would that be the same speed that our watcher was moving? If so, then to the museam we should go."


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

Edan shook his head and gave her a reassuring smile. "I'm not faulting you for it, I was just thinking aloud." Ramar mentioning that the museum was a place that they should go got him to thinking. "Any 'great speed' has to be magically enhanced.. Is there a magici-- er, wizard that we might be able to talk to? I've heard stories about wizards being able to see through images, so it is entirely possible that it could be an image of someone, and after it is out of sight, it could just fade.." He looked around at the group to see if his idea made any sense to the rest of them as well.

"At least, those are my thoughts.. I'm not sure a normal person could have crossed that alley with any sort of haste."


Ramar wrote:
Having an idea, Ramar comments, "Godelina did you just say that what ever ran away at great speed? Would that be the same speed that our watcher was moving? If so, then to the museam we should go."

Ushari looks at the group, and nods eagerly at Ramar's suggestion. "You might be onto something there, Ramar. My hunch is they would expect us to go tot he house, but this will surprise them, and maybe catch them off guard. We should leave right now!"


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

"Yes, in the museum the essence dissappeared and when trying to find my way around to see if I could catch up to it I found nothing..." she sighed as still felt bad, but was glad and smiled as Edan made her feel better about it not being her fault. She looked about at the interest of the museum and she wasn't very confident they would find anything there and shook her heard. "I don't believe it would hang about the museum. Many people would've noticed something going on, surely."


Male Human Psion(telepath) 2
Godelina Evelyn wrote:
"Yes, in the museum the essence dissappeared and when trying to find my way around to see if I could catch up to it I found nothing..." she sighed as still felt bad, but was glad and smiled as Edan made her feel better about it not being her fault. She looked about at the interest of the museum and she wasn't very confident they would find anything there and shook her heard. "I don't believe it would hang about the museum. Many people would've noticed something going on, surely."

Thinking a bit, Ramar comments, "Godelina, does your senses leave a trail with a powerful enought source? would that not allow us to track the evil?" Scratching his chin as he thinks, "What did you ask about at the museaum prior to detecting the taint?"


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

WAiting for DM approval on that but I would assume I would've seen a trail if there was one.

"I didn't ask questions, I simply investigated the area, acting like a average person looking and enjoying the art, but casting detect evil subtly to see if I would find any clues, then I found someone, made my way around carefully and by that time he was long gone." she explains as she recounts what happened. "I don't know if it knew I was looking it's way or approcing, but it ran away before I got too close so he or she could be anywhere."


Male Human

Yes, evil people don't leave evil trails where they go, though that would be cool, kinda like invisible evil slime that they secrete, maybe for REALLY evil people hum? Its a thought


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
Narrator of the lost Tomes wrote:
Yes, evil people don't leave evil trails where they go, though that would be cool, kinda like invisible evil slime that they secrete, maybe for REALLY evil people hum? Its a thought

Well a similar thing is listed with Detect Magic where is a really powerful magic item was somewhere the aura stays in the area for a little while.


Male Human

Yea, lucky for you guys there is nothing THAT evil in this town, yet... lol


Male Human

You all decide to head over to the museum, Lina notes that it seems to be a bit busier, probably because it is now later in the day.

It is one gold each admission and they inform you that they close when the sun starts to go down so you only have about 4 hrs to walk around.


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

Upon hearing the price of admission, Edan looks a bit stricken, ushering the others ahead without him. "I can wait out here.. I could use the time to develop what I wanted to paint, anyways." One gold was a lot to pay for an investigation that (he thought) would not bear fruit in this place and was constrained by a time limit. He politely urges the others on, and begins to wander a little ways away to find a place to sit, wishing that he had brought his sketchbook with him today.

He did look up at the sky to gauge the time, mentally running through a list of things that still needed to be done before he would start coming even close to a conclusion. Stil lhad the City Records, the shops, and the temples.. A mental chuckle was inevitable when he thought about being "curious" of the "curio" shop.


Male Human Psion(telepath) 2

Ramar looks to Edan and then to the admission taker. Handing the man a platinum he says, "I'll need some change. Edan, it is on me." Once they are inside he begins to look over the art for special significances.
knowledge planes, religion, and psionics to identify significant items 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 281d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 131d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


Ushari smiles at Ramar's generosity, and she leans over to give him a kiss on the cheek, That is for being a gentleman, Ramar!"

Once they have all entered the museum, Ushari clings close to Ramar, once again putting on her simpering guise, but all the while watching out for anyone taking any unusual interest in the pair of couples. Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

Godelina smiles at Ramar's generosity and looked to Edan, grabbing his hand tightly.
"Well, looks like you're stuck with us." she laughs and pulls him along, showing that she was slowly becoming a bit more like Ushari, for better or for worse it was yet to be seen. Godelina comes to her sense a bit later and lets go gently, blushing as she just realised what she had done. "Oh...err...s-sorry Edan. I don't know what come over me."


Male Human

@Ramar most of the art is just really artsy fartsy stuff, there really doesn't seem to be anything influenced by anything that you know of, you find it rather simple mostly.

@Ushari No one really seems to be paying attention to anyone they are all enthralled by the paintings, the towns folk really seem to be enjoying them.


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

Considering the cost of a lot of things in this town, Edan was not entirely comfortable with Ramar paying for him, but gave in when Godelina pulled him with them, smiling at her and shaking his head. "It's alright 'Lina", he said, and returned his hand to hers tentatively as they walked through the museum. He was uncertain about what they were here to look for, so for him, this was more of a sightseeing trip-- even though it was an expensive sightseeing trip-- so he looked around, eyeing what counted as "art", and in some cases, trying to figure out why.


Male Human Psion(telepath) 2

Disappointed in the dead end, Ramar comments, "Well, perhaps we should try one of the other leads. Unless, 'Lina, where did you say that trail disappeared at? Perhaps Ushari can check out the area around in case of any secret compartments."


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

Godelina will use Detect Evil to try and find is there is evil here again like that same time. At Ramar's question she'll lead him to the peice of art she thinks the evil creature was standing when she detected the aura.


Ushari nods at Ramar's words, and once Lina has shown her where she saw the evil man, she bends down to examine the area, looking for any clues, or anything else out of the ordinary. Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Male Human

@Lina, you detect no evil this time as you are wandering through the museum

@everyone, the piece of art that Lina leads you all to is an exquisite statue of a Lizard folk in full battle regalia holding a sword and looking like he is about to cleave whoever is standing before him. The workmanship is the most amazing you have ever seen. It seems as though the Lizard folk could step off his stand and start walking away.

@Ushari, you don't find any secret compartments or anything of that sort around the statue. (From now on I'll roll the searching for hidden things ;P)

Edan Knowledge(arcana) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

@Edan,

Spoiler:
while looking at the statue something is niggling at the back of your mind, you step forward for a closer look as you reach out and touch the statue you realize that this is a real lizard folk that has been transformed via a flesh to stone spell!


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

The pause that Edan had in their normal pace was a tell that he had noticed something, and he squeezed Godelina's hand to get her attention, looking closer at the statue. His mouth had dropped open slightly in wonder, tilting his head slightly as he approached it, almost reaching out to touch it before catching himself. "This..", he began, academically interested. "This is-- was-- a real body."

The realization prompted a curious frown from him, because his mind automatically wandered to wondering how this was acquired. He was no expert on other species, let alone being able to identify them, but the story behind this piece had to be interesting. He looked at the name of the piece and the artist.


Male Human

The placard states

This piece was brought to you by Desthen Clorisal of the Temple of Nethys, an up and coming artisan that uses stone shape to create amazing pieces that look just like real creatures!


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

Godelina blushes at the sudden squeese and looks over at him. Why was he doing this was it something he wanted to say? Unfortunatly it wasn't what she imagined as he pointed out this thing was made out of stone and was in fact once a real creature. She continues her detect evil out of curiosity at this thing.
"To turn a creature to stone is a arcane spell, correct?" she looks to Edan curiously as he appears to know more about this than she does.

Knowledge Religion (To find out if they have flest to stone as a domain spell or something) : 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

I might be wrong but I thought you could still detect evil when a creature was turned to stone, but I'm not sure.


Male Human

You are pretty sure that it is solely an arcane thing

I don't believe so, but in this case its a moot point since lizarfolk are generally neutral anyway and this one was not evil. Infact, most of you (not Ramar) know that there is an embassy for the lizard folk from the Hool Marshes in town, a remnant from when the Lizardfolk and Humans of salt marsh had to join forces to beat back an army of sahuagin that had threatened all their homes.

351 to 400 of 1,022 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Adventures from the Lost Tomes All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.