Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Adventures from the Lost Tomes

Game Master Dementia Walker


51 to 100 of 1,022 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human Psion(telepath) 2

"In my travels, I met a small boy. The boy told me that there was a strange house where children were kept in the basement and fead to monsters that lived in the atic. He said that his parents once were faithful worshipers of your god but when they stopped going to the temple, they became violent. After one extreme beating, he fled from the town. I had offered to bring him home and that put such a fright into him that he fled faster than I could give chase. I decided to come here and investigate these matters for myself." After taking a long sip of tea, Ramar continues, "Now I am not one to put much on the fantasies of children; however, the fright in this boy was no lie. Perhaps you could assist me in trying to identifying him? Perhaps there is someone at your temple that would remember the boy if I described him and could take us to his parents?"


Ushari is silent for a long moment after hearing the story. She was truck by the similarities between this boy and her own situation. Gerold have only started being violent to her recently. It could just be a coincidence, but maybe not...

"I think we should track this boy down, Ramar. It is terrible what happened to that poor child! Do you remember his name, or what he looked like?"


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
Ramar wrote:
"Well, I'm a sage with expertise in the planes, religious information, and mind magic. In my travels I learned that there was some strange happenings in this town."

Godelina looked at him with interest. He certainly sounded interesting and he didn't appear to be lying or showing any sign so she eased up, untensing and looking at him with great interest.

"I wish to travel the Planes one day just as The Inheritor does." she smiles at that thought though she didn't have much of an idea of how to achieve this at her current strength and or now was concentraited on more important matters. "Do you know anything about what might be happening in this town? I'm interest in finding out where all the woreshippers to my lady have dissappeared to."

Ushari Velnokal wrote:


Ushari looks over at the beautiful woman, and feels a sense of companionship from her. She wasn't sure if it was a paladin trait or not, Godelina being the first of the holy warriors she has ever encountered. Whenever she looked at her, she could not but feel a little envious, since she had it all together. She would never let a man have his way with her, if she didn't want to. Edan is the perfect partner for her. She is so lucky to know them both.

"I...I would like that, 'Lina. I think I really need an ear to listen to me. It's so hard being here, without any one there to help you out. it seems like I have always been on my own."

Godelina smiles as she listens to Ushari talk about seeming like she was always on her own.

"Don't worry. I understand more than you can imagine, but let's talk about that in private, shall we?" as she said this she gets up and steps away from the table, offering for them to go somewhere they could talk privately.


Godelina Evelyn wrote:

Godelina smiles as she listens to Ushari talk about seeming like she was always on her own.

"Don't worry. I understand more than you can imagine, but let's talk about that in private, shall we?" as she said this she gets up and steps away from the table, offering for them to go somewhere they could talk privately.

"That would be nice, 'Lina. You don't mind if I call you that right?" Once they find a private table, away from the others, she continues, Well, I guess, this will help, I hope. I grew up as the unloved child. My mother loved me, but my father, he...was never around that much. He is a sailor, and I guess he spent all of his time sailing around Golarion, and he would go to places as far away as Absalom, and one time he sailed all the way tot he Mwangi Expanse! I never really saw him that much. My mom told me he did this because he loved us, but I always wondered why he didn't spend time with us if he loved us."

She pauses for a moment, and you can see the tears start to build again. She blinks them back, and continues, "Then one day, the money he sent us to support us stopped coming. My mom had to start working again, and it was...hard on her. She grew to blame me for his...disappearance. She sent me away after that, and so I left. I was...crushed. It wasn't my fault I was born! But I had no choice. So I left Riddleport, and sailed as aa crewmember. That's when I met Gerold... She stops, overcome by the memories, and soon her tears start flowing.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
Ushari Velnokal wrote:
Godelina Evelyn wrote:

Godelina smiles as she listens to Ushari talk about seeming like she was always on her own.

"Don't worry. I understand more than you can imagine, but let's talk about that in private, shall we?" as she said this she gets up and steps away from the table, offering for them to go somewhere they could talk privately.

"That would be nice, 'Lina. You don't mind if I call you that right?" Once they find a private table, away from the others, she continues, Well, I guess, this will help, I hope. I grew up as the unloved child. My mother loved me, but my father, he...was never around that much. He is a sailor, and I guess he spent all of his time sailing around Golarion, and he would go to places as far away as Absalom, and one time he sailed all the way tot he Mwangi Expanse! I never really saw him that much. My mom told me he did this because he loved us, but I always wondered why he didn't spend time with us if he loved us."

She pauses for a moment, and you can see the tears start to build again. She blinks them back, and continues, "Then one day, the money he sent us to support us stopped coming. My mom had to start working again, and it was...hard on her. She grew to blame me for his...disappearance. She sent me away after that, and so I left. I was...crushed. It wasn't my fault I was born! But I had no choice. So I left Riddleport, and sailed as aa crewmember. That's when I met Gerold... She stops, overcome by the memories, and soon her tears start flowing.

"It is fine. I'm growing to like this little nick name." she giggled and sat quietly as she listened to Ushari, remaining quiet as she let her speak and taking it all in. There seemed to be quite a few things in her past, but this last person she mentioned, Gerold, sounded like he was a main problem in all of this. She raises a careing hand and places it on her shoulder, not sure how to respond to her emotionally, but trying her best. "You're lucky that you got to live with your parents for so long. After I matured and my hair changed into the colour it is now I was sent to be raised as a paladin at the Temple of Iomedae. I spent the rest of my life away from my parents and never saw them. At least you got to spend some time with them them. Unlike Edan, a paladin is taught to put their service to the temple above anything else and since I have not had a normal life, then I do not know any different. I gain so many gifts from my deity as I grow more powerful and they can be taken away if I stray from the path." she attempted to try and show her, her own troubles and struggles with life here "I believe your mother was hurt terribly from his dissappearence. Mayhaps she needed someone to blame and it conflicted with the friction you were giving her, but at the end of the day it was her fault for saying such things. I am confident that she still loves you."

She smiles weakly to her friend, not sure exactly what to say, but hoped that just listening to her would help her take some of the strain away. If only she was powerful enough to use a spell to take away the guilt she appeared to carry, but felt that there was nothing to be guilty about.
"This...Gerold." she began as she tryed to approch this delicate topic slowly "What did he do to you?" she seemed very concerned as well as she wanted to find this ex boyfriend and judge him herself. "Is this the reason you came here? To escape from Gerold?"


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

Original Table:

Edan watched Godelina and Ushari relocate to another table, leaving him with Ramar. His suggestion of his assisting in identifying the family, is met with an immediate nod, though his eyes lingered on the two of them for a second longer. "We can do that tomorrow, or the next if you like", he said, turning to face him. "Godelina and I will be at Iomedae's temple once you've rested your fatigue away." This did alter the plan he was holding in his head, but the change was not severe. "In return, we would greatly appreciate your assistance."

Leaning forward slightly, Edan rested his elbows on the table, again relieved that he was dressed as a commoner, and not his armor and equipment. Relaxing was very difficult in all that metal, not to mention that it drew attention. He met Ramar's eyes squarely and began speaking, a little lower than before. "By nature and willing association, she and I are tied to Iomedae's temple, which would make any inquiries into the patronage of other churches noteworthy at the very least. We have yet to determine what exactly we are here for, but our first indication is the goings-on at the church of Gorum." At the mention of the church, he frowned slightly, not quite figuring what about the church of the Lord in Iron had that Iomedae did not, but he was more than willing to allow each their own.

"This town hosts temples and a shrine to Desna, Nethys, and Gozreh as well, but truly, I am not sure that those three would willingly tie themselves to an endeavor without outward indicators or beneficial side effects. I intend to check, in any case." He gave a concerned look to the table the girls were at, to see how things were going, but looked back to Ramar after a second. The serious expression on his face was somewhat marred by small smudges of charcoal, undoubtedly from the stick that rested atop the hidebound papers at the table. "You have just arrived, and have no immediate affiliation. Would you be willing to check around at those temples, perhaps to see if you can gather any information that may be denied to us due to our loyalties?"


Male Human Psion(telepath) 2

Spoiler:
[ooc]manifest mindlink with Edan. Concentration to suppress display[ooc] 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Edan hears a voice in his head, "Do not be frightened. I can do that. And while we are connected like this, you can be with me. We must be close to begin but then distance is no problem."
Hoping Edan doesn't give away the game, Ramar contines while sipping his tea, "I have asperations to use my sword; however, I am not very good with it. I can petition the Church of Gorum for instruction. The Church of Nethys will be no problem. I am a sage afterall. Desna and Gorzeh concern me. I know little of nature and the dream seers make me a little uncomfortable. Do you have any suggestions?" "You really should try this tea. It is quite exceptional, for a town like this anyways."


Godelina Evelyn wrote:

She smiles weakly to her friend, not sure exactly what to say, but hoped that just listening to her would help her take some of the strain away. If only she was powerful enough to use a spell to take away the guilt she appeared to carry, but felt that there was nothing to be guilty about.

"This...Gerold." she began as she tryed to approch this delicate topic slowly "What did he do to you?" she seemed very concerned as well as she wanted to find this ex boyfriend and judge him herself. "Is this the reason you came here? To escape from Gerold?"

Ushari blinks her hears away, and replies in a quiet, sobbing voice, "Yes, he did this to me." She points out a bruise on her left cheek, nearly faded but still the mark is noticable. "When I...told him...I didn't love him...he grew so angry, its like he became a different person. All because I didn't do what he wanted. I always blamed my self for that, and maybe there is something about me that people won't love. I just don't understand!" She finishes, and sobs quietly to herself.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
Ushari Velnokal wrote:
Godelina Evelyn wrote:

She smiles weakly to her friend, not sure exactly what to say, but hoped that just listening to her would help her take some of the strain away. If only she was powerful enough to use a spell to take away the guilt she appeared to carry, but felt that there was nothing to be guilty about.

"This...Gerold." she began as she tryed to approch this delicate topic slowly "What did he do to you?" she seemed very concerned as well as she wanted to find this ex boyfriend and judge him herself. "Is this the reason you came here? To escape from Gerold?"
Ushari blinks her hears away, and replies in a quiet, sobbing voice, "Yes, he did this to me." She points out a bruise on her left cheek, nearly faded but still the mark is noticable. "When I...told him...I didn't love him...he grew so angry, its like he became a different person. All because I didn't do what he wanted. I always blamed my self for that, and maybe there is something about me that people won't love. I just don't understand!" She finishes, and sobs quietly to herself.

Godelina smiles and places her hand ontop of Ushari's, holding it for a few moments and smiling to her.

"Don't think that. It wasn't you, it was him." she tried to comfort her. "I have been told of similar cases, some people who were trapped in marriages to men just like Gerold. They were trapped because they weren't brave enough to do what you have done and get away from him. When I look at you I see someone who I wish to one day be as brave as or just as friendly. Though...I admit I am jelous. I stay so cooped up in this armour that I fear I may never find someone to love me." unlike Ushari, as she said this she appeared to shrug it off, like someone who was destined for the noose not fighting because they see no way out of it.

Godelina turns to look at the two, guessing there was nothing out of the ordinary and smiled to Ushari.
"How about we go see how the men are doing without us. Probably losing their minds." she laughed before waiting for Ushari to see if she was ready to get up or if she wanted to talk some more.


Godelina Evelyn wrote:


Godelina smiles and places her hand ontop of Ushari's, holding it for a few moments and smiling to her.
"Don't think that. It wasn't you, it was him." she tried to comfort her. "I have been told of similar cases, some people who were trapped in marriages to men just like Gerold. They were trapped because they weren't brave enough to do what you have done and get away from him. When I look at you I see someone who I wish to one day be as brave as or just as friendly. Though...I admit I am jelous. I stay so cooped up in this armour that I fear I may never find someone to love me." unlike Ushari, as she said this she appeared to shrug it off, like someone who was destined for the noose not fighting because they see no way out of it.

Godelina turns to look at the two, guessing there was nothing out of the ordinary and smiled to Ushari.
"How about we go see how the men are doing without us. Probably losing their minds." she laughed before waiting for Ushari to see if she was ready to get up or if she wanted to talk some more....

Ushari gives her a hug and smiles, although there are tears in her eyes, she responds jokingly, "I think they probably have found someway to keep themselves busy." She lets go of her and wipes the tears from her eyes, saying "I hope we both find the men to make us happy. Lina, you are so beautiful, and kind, and special. You don't have to worry about finding the right man. I think I make take longer, but I need to wait until I find him, right?" Ushari then turns to return to the others, feeling much better about herself, and there is a bounce to her step, that was not there before.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
Ushari Velnokal wrote:
Godelina Evelyn wrote:


Godelina smiles and places her hand ontop of Ushari's, holding it for a few moments and smiling to her.
"Don't think that. It wasn't you, it was him." she tried to comfort her. "I have been told of similar cases, some people who were trapped in marriages to men just like Gerold. They were trapped because they weren't brave enough to do what you have done and get away from him. When I look at you I see someone who I wish to one day be as brave as or just as friendly. Though...I admit I am jelous. I stay so cooped up in this armour that I fear I may never find someone to love me." unlike Ushari, as she said this she appeared to shrug it off, like someone who was destined for the noose not fighting because they see no way out of it.

Godelina turns to look at the two, guessing there was nothing out of the ordinary and smiled to Ushari.
"How about we go see how the men are doing without us. Probably losing their minds." she laughed before waiting for Ushari to see if she was ready to get up or if she wanted to talk some more....

Ushari gives her a hug and smiles, although there are tears in her eyes, she responds jokingly, "I think they probably have found someway to keep themselves busy." She lets go of her and wipes the tears from her eyes, saying "I hope we both find the men to make us happy. Lina, you are so beautiful, and kind, and special. You don't have to worry about finding the right man. I think I make take longer, but I need to wait until I find him, right?" Ushari then turns to return to the others, feeling much better about herself, and there is a bounce to her step, that was not there before.

Godelina is a little surprised by the hug, but returns one. She was learning how to open up her feelings, but it was taking time. She was always taught how to hide them so that in battle she would choose the greater good over losing anyone else in combat. She found her comments about her beauty a bit odd as she never saw herself this way, but thanked her anyway.

"I'm sure you'll find one before I do. My heart and spirit are locked, up, but yours is out and free for all to see. I know you will find someone. Perhaps even before the day is out." she smiles as they make their way back to the table and takes pride in the face Ushari seems happier now that she had this talk with her.


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

The ringing chime that he heard, he brushed off, before hearing Ramar speaking in his head widened his eyes and startled him, making him jump slightly, confusion writ large across his face along with the words, before he made sense of it, quickly attempting to calm himself without drawing attention while trying to adjust to the very novel sensation of a voice in his head.

('Um.. Hello?')
The somehow 'echo' of himself was vaguely confusing, and a large amount of questions flittered across the front of his mind like a flock of birds taking wing before he got ahold of himself and tried to act normal. "Is it? I simply prefer it to strong drink. I've seen drunk men before, and a loss of control like that does not interest me."
('You said you are a sage, perhaps you could inquire about their basic practices, or a specific question that would make you a seek their knowledge. No cleric I know of will refuse to discuss their deity.')

When the girls rose, he looked over in their direction and smiled slightly, a bit distracted by trying to separate the two conversations, and attempt not to let anything else leak in. "Welcome back." He smiled a little wider at seeing Ushari feeling better.

((If anyone is watching, I think Edan may need a Bluff check to not seem to be acting odd. Bluff 1d20 ⇒ 18))


Sense Motive 1d20 ⇒ 2

Ushari gives Edan a smile and moves to sit next to him, never noticing his confusion. "I just wanted to thank the both of you for being there when I needed it. I don't think Ican thank you enough." She turns her attention to Ramar, and asks, "So did you two discover anything unusual yet about what is going on?"


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

Sense Motive1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Having a suspecious mind as often Godelina has she narrows her eyes and remains standing as she looked at Edan and then to Ramar then back to Edan.
"So...what's the matter Edan?" she asks as she can see a few tell-tale signs that he wasn't telling her the full truth, but at the same time she had no idea what he was lying about. All she could tell there was something different about the way he acted.

Really didn't want to succeed that one. Anyway heading to bed for the night. Godelina will remain suspecious since she has noticed suble difference in the way Edan is acting, but no knowledge of why.


Male Human Psion(telepath) 2

DM

Spoiler:
mindlink on Godelina. concentration to suppress 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Godelina feels a slight sensation and then a voice in her head, "Do not be alarmed good Godelina. I was just demonstrating to your companion how I can infiltrate the churches and stay in communication." Raising his tea in a toast, "It seems your companion has no like for the smell of my tea. A pitty, would you like some fair Aasimar?" Sipping his tea, Ramar speaks to Godelina again, "I trust you and your friend as crusaders but I wonder if your sailor friend is trustworthy?"


Male Human Psion(telepath) 2
Ushari Velnokal wrote:
She turns her attention to Ramar, and asks, "So did you two discover anything unusual yet about what is going on?"

"Not as much Ushari. I would ask if you would care for a cup of tea? Edan does not care for it. Please sit with me a while, I would love to hear of your voyage to this town."


Ramar wrote:
"Not as much Ushari. I would ask if you would care for a cup of tea? Edan does not care for it. Please sit with me a while, I would love to hear of your voyage to this town."

"Why, thank you for the tea, it is delicious!" Ushari says, noticing his facial features for the first time. She sips her tea and composes herself. "My story though isn't a glamorous one though, I was dropped off here after my last ship stopped here because, well, because my last boyfriend ... hurt me. Please, I would say more, but it really is a painful subject for me now." She hopes he does not press her further.


Male Human Psion(telepath) 2

With a stern face and a knowing nod, Ramar states, "We all have our own pain. I will ask no more. Let us speak of pleasent things. Is there any form of entertainment in this town that you have noticed?"


Ushari looks up shyly at Ramar, and says, "Well, I suppose I am the entertainment, you could say. Kailee lets me sings on stage once a week, in her tavern. So I would say you found it!" She gives him a shy smile. "As far as other entertainment goes, I am sure there is other places to go, I just don't get out that much, as I am trying to save my money. We could ask Kailee, though!"


Kaliee comes over to your table after you mention entertainment with her eyes sparkling, "sound like you guys are set for an adventure" she says in a low voice leaning over the table. Then she straightens up and says "Ah, entertainment I can help you with. There is Anmeh’s Hall of Oddities with all sorts of strange creatures and things. The Curio Shop a great place to find magic items. The Dancing Dryad; Part game hall, part tavern, part inn, and part brothel" she says with a wink at Edan and Ramar "The market, another place to buy things at. The Saltmarsh Museum or The Saltmarsh Playhouse they do have some wonderful plays. That about sums up all the normal "entertainment" in the area. I could give you directions to where ever you would like if need be."

It is about 6:00pm or so


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
Ramar wrote:

DM** spoiler omitted **

Godelina feels a slight sensation and then a voice in her head, "Do not be alarmed good Godelina. I was just demonstrating to your companion how I can infiltrate the churches and stay in communication." Raising his tea in a toast, "It seems your companion has no like for the smell of my tea. A pitty, would you like some fair Aasimar?" Sipping his tea, Ramar speaks to Godelina again, "I trust you and your friend as crusaders but I wonder if your sailor friend is trustworthy?"

Godelina replies with a stern look at the man, but after a few moments since Edan hadn't turned into a vegtable and her mind seemed to be in perfect order. There was no pain and so she stayed her hand. "This trick you are able to do. It can be useful if we wish to find out what's going on in this town." she remains suspecious of this man, but decides to accept the tea having more faith in the powers of her deity to resist any such poisonous substance and sipped it slowly. "You can tell that I am one of the blessed? she raised an eyebrow as she was interested in this, though she couldn't believe that she was that different, but many people appeared to think she was far more beautiful than she believed. "I trust Ushari. So far she appears to be trustworthy. She is a innocent from a rough past."

Kailee Restinan wrote:


Kaliee comes over to your table after you mention entertainment with her eyes sparkling, "sound like you guys are set for an adventure" she says in a low voice leaning over the table. Then she straightens up and says "Ah, entertainment I can help you with. There is Anmeh’s Hall of Oddities with all sorts of strange creatures and things. The Curio Shop a great place to find magic items. The Dancing Dryad; Part game hall, part tavern, part inn, and part brothel" she says with a wink at Edan and Ramar "The market, another place to buy things at. The Saltmarsh Museum or The Saltmarsh Playhouse they do have some wonderful plays. That about sums up all the normal "entertainment" in the area. I could give you directions to where ever you would like if need be."

There was a obvious dislike in Godelina's featured at the mention of a brothel and the wink towards the two men of the group. Why men would take part in such activities with women they don't even know. Godelina had known of these urges, but was taught how she should keep them controlled and how her faith is far more important. The various places did sound interesting.

"Where did the name of the dancing dryad come from? It sounds like what a Dryad is known for. There's always the chance of evil being there just like the hall of oddities. Splitting up will cover more ground but if there is something more foul we should remain as a group, or atleast split up." she wanted to get to the bottom of this but at the same time wanted to be careful. "Pairs perhaps?" she suggested to them all and was curious as to what they wanted to agree to.


"Why because they have a dryad of course, she dances on stage 3 times a week. At least thats what they say. Never been there myself."


Ushari notices Godelina's reaction to the brothels, but is confused by it. That was one of the places she had looked for a job at when she had arrived in town earlier. She had no desire to become one herself, but could not understand the other ladies reaction to it. It seems like a harmless activity, as long as no one gets hurt. I mean, wasn't there a temple that ran brothels as well?

She nods eagerly at Godleina's suggestion for the evening's plans. "I think checking things out in pairs is a great idea! We can hopefully find out what is going on. Maybe Ramar and I should check out one of the museums, or maybe the market...?" Her voice trails of as she looks at the white haired man, hoping for a favorable response...


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
Kailee Restinan wrote:


"Why because they have a dryad of course, she dances on stage 3 times a week. At least thats what they say. Never been there myself."

"A real Dryad you say? I have always heard of them to be shy creatures, but beautiful. I do not know much of these creatures, but it is unusual to have one in town. So she dances only three times a week? Would one of those times happen to be tonight where they would get the most patrons?" Godelina seemed interested as she thought about all the evil and vile patrons this place might attract. Perhaps it was time to look for evil in all the right places? Not to mention Edan might be able to blend in more easily into the crowd.

Ushari Velnokal wrote:

Ushari notices Godelina's reaction to the brothels, but is confused by it. That was one of the places she had looked for a job at when she had arrived in town earlier. She had no desire to become one herself, but could not understand the other ladies reaction to it. It seems like a harmless activity, as long as no one gets hurt. I mean, wasn't there a temple that ran brothels as well?

She nods eagerly at Godleina's suggestion for the evening's plans. "I think checking things out in pairs is a great idea! We can hopefully find out what is going on. Maybe Ramar and I should check out one of the museums, or maybe the market...?" Her voice trails of as she looks at the white haired man, hoping for a favorable response...

"It sounds good. Me and Edan will check out the other two locations." she smiles to the pair and then to Edan. "At least you will be able to fit in more easily with the people. I suggest if we head there we enter at different times, though if the looks of men in this tavern have taught me anything, my entrance will not go unnoticed." she was trying to put a plan of action together. If Edan was at some distance from her it would appear as if she entered by herself and she knew well enough that would make her a target.


Ushari turns to Ramar, and says shyly, "Well, I guess you are stuck with me this evening. Let me change into some nicer clothes, and then I will let you decide where we should go first."

She turns to head back to her room, and changes into her sky blue dress, this was her performing dress, and it always drew many compliments from the males she ran into. she really didn't want to wear it, but being with a gentleman like ramar, It would be OK, she hoped anyway. She slipped on a pair of nice earring, and also a pair of heels. She refreshes herself in the mirror, putting on a little makeup, rogue and lipstick and then returns to rejoin the others.


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

Edan wanted to ask Godelina if she was comfortable actually doing that, but he knew her well enough to know that she was not going to walk in there unarmed and unarmored. Duplicity was not in her nature. While she would stand out, she would not be as vulnerable. He preferred the idea over asking Ushari to go. "Sounds good", he agreed, looking around at everyone. he did look a little longer at Ushari, giving her an encouraging smile and a small nod.

The first stop for him was going to be the temple. He did not feel comfortable going in to the Dryad without his armor on, at least. "Shall we go?"
('We'll meet back here later tonight. If we're not here, we'll be at the Temple.)'

When Ushari rose to go change, he rose with her, giving Kailee a polite smile. Using a bit of manners never hurt. "I'm sure we've occupied one of Miss Kailee's tables long enough. We wouldn't want her to get tired of seeing us." Collecting his sketchbook and charcoal, Edan gave a small courteous bow to the owner/adventurer.
('I need to go back to the temple first, 'Lina,') he thought to her. ('I don't want to go in there without my armor and sword.') Not to mention putting it on without help was difficult.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
Edan Crosier wrote:

Edan wanted to ask Godelina if she was comfortable actually doing that, but he knew her well enough to know that she was not going to walk in there unarmed and unarmored. Duplicity was not in her nature. While she would stand out, she would not be as vulnerable. He preferred the idea over asking Ushari to go. "Sounds good", he agreed, looking around at everyone. he did look a little longer at Ushari, giving her an encouraging smile and a small nod.

The first stop for him was going to be the temple. He did not feel comfortable going in to the Dryad without his armor on, at least. "Shall we go?"
('We'll meet back here later tonight. If we're not here, we'll be at the Temple.)'

When Ushari rose to go change, he rose with her, giving Kailee a polite smile. Using a bit of manners never hurt. "I'm sure we've occupied one of Miss Kailee's tables long enough. We wouldn't want her to get tired of seeing us." Collecting his sketchbook and charcoal, Edan gave a small courteous bow to the owner/adventurer.
('I need to go back to the temple first, 'Lina,') he thought to her. ('I don't want to go in there without my armor and sword.') Not to mention putting it on without help was difficult.

Godelina rolled her eyes, but nodded determined in trying to find out what was going on here.

Interesting ability Ramar. This will be very useful later. For now me and Edan shall head to the temple since he forgot to put his armour on. she smirked wondering if Edan heard it. She didn't understand why he didn't wish to wear any armour. Sure this place hadn't given them any trouble so far, but she felt she should always be with a weapon and armour for any occassion. She thought for a moment then looked ot Edan.
"Do you think I should buy a robe to cover up this armour? It might make me look less suspecious." as she said this she smiled at seeing Ushari emerge. She looked so beautiful painted up like that and visably caught the attention of many men. Before she reached within ear shot she had to ask Edan a question "Edan...do you think I would look good in a dress like that?"


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

('I didn't "forget", I did it on purpose.')
The thought carried with it a fondness and a feeling, like a tone of voice, that felt like it was not a new point of discussion for the pair. He smirked right back at her, almost grinning. "You could, but your looks are far more noticeable than your armor. If you had the hood up, maybe."

Godelina Evelyn wrote:
Before she reached within ear shot she had to ask Edan a question "Edan...do you think I would look good in a dress like that?"

('Inheritor, yes.')

The emphatic thought, came unbidden, a wistful warmth of desire attached to it, almost before her sentence had finished. The echo that accompanied it told Edan that he had forgotten that they could communicate that way. His eyes widened and he turned an impressive shade of red, looking anywhere than at Godelina. "I-I'm going to go get my armor. Excuse me", he managed, leaving the three of them with slight haste, putting a mental wall up as he walked away.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
Godelina Evelyn wrote:
Before she reached within ear shot she had to ask Edan a question "Edan...do you think I would look good in a dress like that?"
Edan Crosier wrote:

('Inheritor, yes.')

The emphatic thought, came unbidden, a wistful warmth of desire attached to it, almost before her sentence had finished. The echo that accompanied it told Edan that he had forgotten that they could communicate that way. His eyes widened and he turned an impressive shade of red, looking anywhere than at Godelina. "I-I'm going to go get my armor. Excuse me", he managed, leaving the three of them with slight haste, putting a mental wall up as he walked away.

Godelina looked over at him as he said this in the mindlink that they had and his face was red as crimson, but she didn't understand why. It was as if she was deteched from how people thought normally and after she left she turned to the group and shrugged with a obvious look of confusion.

"Well I guess I should head to the temple to. He said we were going to head there first anyway."


Male Human Psion(telepath) 2
Ushari wrote:
Ushari turns to Ramar, and says shyly, "Well, I guess you are stuck with me this evening. Let me change into some nicer clothes, and then I will let you decide where we should go first."

Smiling at Ushari, Ramar nods, "I suppose so. I will have to make the best of it." Ramar watches her go and then sips his teas,"Godelina, it is a special power. I was looking for some R&R but a little investigaiton will do."

Looking to Godelina, "Enjoy your evening."


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
Ramar wrote:
Ushari wrote:
Ushari turns to Ramar, and says shyly, "Well, I guess you are stuck with me this evening. Let me change into some nicer clothes, and then I will let you decide where we should go first."

Smiling at Ushari, Ramar nods, "I suppose so. I will have to make the best of it." Ramar watches her go and then sips his teas,"Godelina, it is a special power. I was looking for some R&R but a little investigaiton will do."

Looking to Godelina, "Enjoy your evening."

Godelina waved to him, more concerned with why Edan dissappeared so suddenly and hoping to catch up with him, though in this heavy armour it was going to be difficult, though she knew where he was going.


Ushari walks up to Ramar and asks him, not looking directly into his eyes, her painted eyes looking down demurely,"How do I look, Ramar? Do you think you can stand to be seen with me for a few hours?Maybe we can go to the playhouse?" Ramar can easily see she is nervous about this.


Male Human Psion(telepath) 2
Ushari Velnokal wrote:
Ushari walks up to Ramar and asks him, not looking directly into his eyes, her painted eyes looking down demurely,"How do I look, Ramar? Do you think you can stand to be seen with me for a few hours?Maybe we can go to the playhouse?" Ramar can easily see she is nervous about this.

Smiling, Ramar takes Ushari's arm in his, "I will endevore to try. Shall we be off to the playhouse?"


Ramar wrote:
Smiling, Ramar takes Ushari's arm in his, "I will endeavor to try. Shall we be off to the playhouse?"

"Yes, I would like that, Ramar. Thank you again for being a gentleman." She flinches a little as Ramar holds her arm, but after a little bit, she relaxes, and turns to him, What sort of play do you think they are showing?' She wanted to ask him about his own pain, but she felt it was too soon, she had just met him. Maybe she will get a chance later.


Godelina Evelyn wrote:
Godelina waved to him, more concerned with why Edan dissappeared so suddenly and hoping to catch up with him, though in this heavy armour it was going to be difficult, though she knew where he was going.

"Lina, I hope you and Edan have a good time together." She waves back at Goldelina before being ushered away by Ramar.


Male Human Psion(telepath) 2
Ushari Velnokal wrote:


"Yes, I would like that, Ramar. Thank you again for being a gentleman." She flinches a little as Ramar holds her arm, but after a little bit, she relaxes, and turns to him, What sort of play do you think they are showing?' She wanted to ask him about his own pain, but she felt it was too soon, she had just met him. Maybe she will get a chance later.

"I'm not sure what kind of play they have. We will have to see when we get there." As they walk, Ramar keeps his eyes out for any sign of anyone that resembles the boy he met on the road and any sign of occult activity.

perception, know(planes)and know(religion) 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 101d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 171d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


Ushari walks along looking at the sites of Saltmarsh, enjoying her company for the most part. As time goes by, however, she notices Ramar scanning the crowd for someone in particular. At first thinking he was looking for other pretty faces, she starts getting a little nervous,(and a little peeved at him.) After I pretty myself up for him, he completely ignores me. Soon, she soon realizes he is looking for the young child he mentioned earlier.

To humor him, and help him out, she starts looking around for the child as well. Perception Aid Another 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Male Human

You don't notice anyone that you know or recognize, and their are no obvious visible signs of occult worship or anything like that in the town which is rather surprising considering how close Saltmarsh is to Chelix.


Male Human Psion(telepath) 2

"Ushari my dear, does it seem odd that there are no occult signs, not even a symbol of Asmodeaus? This town borders Chelix does it not?" Ramar seems occupied with his thoughts. Shaking his head as if to clear a bad thought, he looks to Ushari, "Let us be off to the play. There will be plenty of time to discern the truth of this place."


Ushari looks at Ramar, a thoughtful look in her eyes. "I really don't know, Ramar, but if I was a cult, I don't think I would advertise my presence openly. I don't think a cult invitation will drop into our laps when we are at the play!" She giggles at the thought. "I think we should just enjoy the play, and we can check out the other places Kailee mentioned earlier."

After a while, she asks quietly of him, "Has your hair always been that shade of white?"


Male Human

As Ramar and Ushari make their way toward the play house, the sun slowly making its way toward the horizon, many people seem to be heading home after a long day. when they reach the playhouse they see that a play called The Brother of my Brother is playing, a comedy about mistaken identity and slapstick. It is a copper to stand infront of the stage ground floor, a silver for seats, and a gold for a box seat.

Edan gets to the temple slightly ahead of Lina and goes to his room to gather what he wants. While he was gathering his equipment he remembered that he had heard that the Dancing Dryad was at the edge of the slums somewhere.


Ushari pays her own way, wanting to put him at ease. (Unless, of course, he insists...) She relaxes and enjys the mindless entertainment, finally able to put her mind at ease. She gives Ramar a smile and makes small talk during the play's brief pauses , hoping he opens up a little more. She watches out for any undesirable attention, mainly from people of the opposite sex trying to draw her attention, and studiously ignores them, for all intents and purposes, being Ramar's date.


Male Human Psion(telepath) 2
Ushari Velnokal wrote:


After a while, she asks quietly of him, "Has your hair always been that shade of white?"

"Not always, but it works for me now."

Ramars allows Ushari to pay her way and he throws a silver for the seat. Ramar engages Ushari in small talk when she wants to but keeps his eyes peeled for any signs. Ushari seems to want him to talk more about himself but he is tight lipped on himself and his past.


Ushari looks over at her 'date' and fights a feeling of confusion mixed with irritation. Is this how this is supposed to go? He has been a gentleman, but he seems more interested in his search for this biy, than anything to do with me. She sighs. Its not like he was rude or anything, just distracted. Maybe it was not meant to be. He has many issues to deal with, I can tell, meybe he just needs more time.

Once the play is over, she turns to Ramar, hiding a sense of disappointment, and says, "Do you think the museum is open this late, or should we head to the Dancing Dryad now?"


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

"Honestly Edan, you didn't have to be in that much of a hurry to get your armour on." she signed, still not knowing why he went off in such a hurry and helps him with his armour "So where to first? Should we try to be discreet or obvious?" she asked as she paid more attention to helping get his armour on than anything else. Godelina was intered in trying to find out what this ting was that was stealing the faithful and get down to dispensing justice.


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

"Obvious", he said with a set to his jaw. Relief at Godelina's cluelessness warred with the intellectual in him, demanding that she be educated, to which one corner of his libido agreed, promptly squelching that train of thought. "The Dryad is at the edge of the slums, and though we might be welcome as patrons, we do not want to cause trouble if we can help it."

There was a jingle from his belt as he settled the scale armor and buckled it on, feeling the comfortable weight of his sword on his right hip. His shield was slung on his back, and he shrugged his shoulders to settle it all. There were a pair of gloves tucked into his belt, which fell over his beltpouch. He smiled as he pronounced himself set, and looked up at Godelina. "You know you're going to attract trouble, 'Lina. We're going together."


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

Godelina just shrugged at the notion of her causing trouble.
"I'm not one for sneaking around, however we need to find out what's going on. So far sitting around and waiting for the trouble to come to us has not yet happened. Besides, you're going to keep an eye on me and keep me out of trouble, right?" she asked curiously and smiled as she did.

Looking back over the room she was glad that she had a seporate room next to his. She didn't understand why there was so much stuff just laying about, but it was his life, not like she was his wife or anything. The thought then was shaken away.
"So...shall we wear cloaks to hide the armour and weapons? We don't want to startle anyone, do we?" she raised a eyebrow as she fired this question at him.


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

"You're probably right", he admitted. "Walking around in armor is bound to set some people off, and where we're going, planning for the worst is not a bad idea. If things get bad, maybe they'll be surprised that we're wearing armor." With that said, there would be no place for his shield, so he took it off, and tossed it on his cot. A thought was given to the amount of money in his beltpouch, and he ran a hand through his hair, reexamining the plan. "In that case, though, we should probably stop by the curio shop first. We'll probably be able to get some cloaks on the way."

He remembered Ramar mentioning something about an old house, but missed the details about it. He would have to ask again. "Let's go", he said, nudging Godelina out of his room first. "Oh, remind me to talk to Lyra tomorrow. I need to ask her if she remebers exactly when things started to change."

51 to 100 of 1,022 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Adventures from the Lost Tomes All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.