Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Adventures from the Lost Tomes

Game Master Dementia Walker


901 to 950 of 1,022 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>

Male Human

@Lina "Evelyn, Ahhh, a name as beautiful as you" He takes your arm gently and begins to lead you away from your table. "Please just Mistertique. First let us dance." he says with a grin.
You are pretty sure his intentions are to have an escort for the night, and he seems friendly enough, though over confident.

@Lanten and Shari You cannot identify either the brute Lanten just chased off or the masked man. let me know what you guys want to do/look for.

@Edan "Oh a drink will be divine! Lead on my white knight, I will follow you until the ends of the earth." She begins giggling uncontrollably and with the way she is grabbing your arm you feel like she will never let go.


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

'Shari glances about her noting the athmosphere of the club growing more wild and crazy. The displays of wantonness and debauchery, coupled with being close to Lanten, was causing her whole body to become flushed. She glances down at her dress, now beginning to regret wearing such a revealing dress in this place. She knew she was not meant for a place such as this.

She moves closer to Lanten, feeling comforted by his presence. "I...I don't know if we will find anything in this place. Maybe we should leave?"


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

poor 'Lina, with 'Shari thinking about leaving :p

Godelina is genuinly surprised by his words, but she tries to remain cool and curtious. She is a little worried about the prospect of a dance in her high heels, but she appears to have gotten a command of them.
"You lead, Mistertique. he says, hoping this night becomes fruitful.


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

That his companion was clinging to him like she was not going to let go was slightly disheartening. Nevertheless, Edan did his best to keep a pleasant expression on his face as he went in search of drinks. He paid little attention to his surroundings, instead focused inwards on ways to possibly escape. She could not possibly cling the entire night, could she? Idly, he wondered how the others were doing, and he began to look around for them, hoping to run into none of them directly.

"So, how often do you frequent the dryad? I'm Edan, by the way", he asked innocently, forcing a slight smile. It was entirely possible that this night was not going to be so bad, provided she did not try to make any overt advance on him again. He did not come to the Dryad to be handled. Still, he could at least try to learn as much as he could.
Diplomacy:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Sorry for the delay - been a 15-hour a day work week.

'Shari Velnokal wrote:
"You may not believe this, but I have to deal with such asses all the time!" She moves closer to Lanten, feeling comforted by his presence. "I...I don't know if we will find anything in this place."

After hearing her words, Lanten took a drink and thought about what she said. He'd lived/worked in enough taverns and realized how true her words were - it just hadn't occurred to him until now what her own experiences might be. She's just beautiful...hard for me to imagine her as a serving maid.

When she moved in closer - almost involuntary - he wrapped an arm around her waist. He felt the warmth of her flushed body and a small smile of the pleasantness crossed his face. Just as quickly, he felt a little redness himself and hoped 'Shari didn't think he was enjoying her discomfort.

"I agree...this may have been a bust of an idea. Don't worry...we'll move on soon enough. Do we want to keep track of 'Lina - maybe find Edan? Maybe they're doing alright?" He glances down at her and adds with wink: "Maybe a dance, perhaps, to get us a better perspective on how they're doing, Mi'Lady?"

Preception to see if we spot Edan and his situation. 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

When Lanten's hand touches her body, 'Shari's body jerks a little reflexively and then relaxes in his touch, his caress. She turns to face him, her face is flushed...flushed with warmth. Her eyes gazing on his face seeing the redness there, with the long lashes framing her pupils. He sees they are wide and filled with...fear? Desire? She is not quite sure yet, but she does not pull away. When he winks at her and asks her to dance, she nods wordlessly not willing to ruin this tender moment.

As he leads her to the dance floor, she looks around briefly wondering where her friends had disappeared before she slips into his arms, unable to deny herself any longer. "Thank you for...being with me, my Prince." Her voice soft and husky echoes in his ears as her lips brush against his cheek.

Perception to spot Edan or 'Lina 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Lanten continues to glance around - doing his best to keep an eye on 'Lina or Edan as they dance around. But hearing 'Shari's sensuous voice; the touch of her lips; the feel of her body - brings a pleasant sense of desire that makes it hard for him to focus. "No place I'd rather be, my lady," he whispers in response.

He finds himself thinking back to his teacher's daughter, Inella, and how she taught an awkward youth to dance. Now, he tries his best to use those lessons to impress the young woman in his arms.
Perform(Dance): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Perception(if needed): 1d20 ⇒ 8

'Shari:

When the dance is over, he reaches down and gives her a soft kiss on the cheek. The kiss is followed by an inquistive look into 'Shari's eyes - his blue eyes alight with...curiosity? fear? - wondering what her response will be.


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

Lanten:
Perform (Dance) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

'Shari, despite her slender form, finds herself stumbling more than a few times in her stiletto heels during their dance. Strangely she does not mind when he slides his hand across her back in support of her, feeling the satiny fabric of her dress and also her silky skin in certain areas.

She barely noticed her poor dancing however, instead drinking in the sensation of being closely held by a handsome, and very desireable man. When the dance ended, she feels a pang of disappointment. When he kisses her cheek she moans softly in pleasure, waiting for him to continue. She sees the look in his eyes, her own eyes completely filled with desire for him. She whispers in his ear, "Is there something wrong, Lanten." Her voice while filled with longing for him also has a note of concern for him.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

'Shari:

Lanten smiled a little a 'Shari's sudden awkwardness - knowing she has been as quick and agile as cat. But the chance to hold her close and touch her skin gave him an energetic feel that overcame any worries about leading her in the dance.

Seeing the desirous response to his kiss and her question gave him a mild smile. In response, he places a hand to her cheek and answers in Elvish. "Nothing - you are beautiful and I can't help but want to kiss you. Without pausing, he then kisses her on the lips with the warm passion of finding something miraculous in his life - perhaps for the first time.

DC 10 Perception for 'Lina and Edan:

You manage to spot 'Shari and Lanten on the dance floor - just in time to see him kiss her on the lips.


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

Lanten and those who made the above Perception check:
When 'Shari feels his lips press up to hers, a swell of emotions rise in her body. She cannot but help but recall her first love, a love she had given freely and which had not been returned but had been abused. She had vowed to keep herself from ever being hurt like that again but Lanten's kiss made that vow meaningless. She returns the kiss a little clumsily at first, then with a growing need and desire for him. Her arms wrap around his neck as she presses her body hungrily against him, her kiss growing more passionate.

After what seems an eternity the kiss is broken, 'Shari's lipstick is smeared over his own lips. Her body trembling with need for him. She tries to say something...anything but all she can think of is HIM...her PRINCE.

Pausing here to see how far Lanten wants to go here...and for Edan and 'Lina to respond here.


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

While Edan couldn't miss the others he came in with once he attempted to calm down and look, he was fervently trying to figure an upside to the situation that had currently decided to "follow him to the ends of the earth". Granted, he was not comfortable at all, but that was par for this evening. Hopefully, they might find something out and be able to leave soon, but given how engaged 'Shari and Lanten were, that was unlikely.

He did feel for the man that was with 'Lina, however. If he said one thing to anger her, the results would not be pretty, but they would be noticeable. Waving to a waitress, he ordered a pair of stronger drinks, and hoped that the tales he had heard of a trickster getting away from his captors by getting them drunk would work in this situation as well.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Was kind of waiting as well...sorry for any delays.

'Shari:

A little off-guard by 'Shari's response, Lanten responds more strongly as well - feeling himself embracing her more strongly. When the kiss ends, there is the feeling to continue the engagement...

But as if awakening from a dream, Lanten takes in the details around him and suddenly realizes how public...how open...they are to whomever may be watching. Growing up in Cheliax, every instinct tells him that could be risk to all of them. Laughing; noises; and the general debauchery bring back some ugly memories that wash over him briefly.

A glance around and a flash of frustration crosses his face, but when he looks at 'Shari it is with warm smile and longing look in his eyes. He holds both her hands in his, saying: "Mi'lady - nothing would please me more than to dance with you all night." He glances around again, and then continues:"But I think our friends are in need of support, and...this may not the best place to spend more of our time."

Hoping she agrees, Lanten takes her by the hand and makes for the bar area - hopefully near Edan's location.

Spotting Edan and his 'lady friend,' Lanten tries to make his way towards them - wondering if there's a way to 'rescue' him from his current predicament.


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

A brief look of disappointment flashes on her face but the look in his eyes quells the feeling. He is right, this is not the place where I want to show my...love for him here.

Quickly reapplying her lipstick after the kiss, she then takes Lanten's arm in her own and allows him to lead the way.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
Lanten Tiberiu wrote:

Was kind of waiting as well...sorry for any delays.

** spoiler omitted **

Spotting Edan and his 'lady friend,' Lanten tries to make his way towards them - wondering if there's a way to 'rescue' him from his current predicament.

Kinda waiting too :p


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Our GM's been awfully quiet. You OK, good sir?

Having settled at the bar, and witnessing some of Edan's poor situation - Lanten turns with a grin towards 'Shari.

"If I didn't think that woman would do something...'unbecoming' to our friend, I'd watch awhile longer," he mutters as a joke.

"Any thoughts? I'm think the jealous lover route or the 'you are needed, sira' approach. Seems to get most husbands out of trouble at the bar...," he finishes with a shrug.


Male Human

Apologies everyone, internet is down at home and work is killing me right now, and this is the first chance I have had to get online at a friends. Currently work and getting ready to visit family for Thanksgiving is priority, so I am putting any new posts from me on hold until I get back on the 25th. Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Thanks for the udpate. Have a great Thanksgiving.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Hello all! Anybody out there?


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6
Lanten Tiberiu wrote:

Having settled at the bar, and witnessing some of Edan's poor situation - Lanten turns with a grin towards 'Shari.

"If I didn't think that woman would do something...'unbecoming' to our friend, I'd watch awhile longer," he mutters as a joke.

"Any thoughts? I'm think the jealous lover route or the 'you are needed, sira' approach. Seems to get most husbands out of trouble at the bar...," he finishes with a shrug.

Jeez...I am right here, he he.

'Shari returns Lanten's smile, eyes twinkling. "Yes, I agree, Edan needs a hand here. Let me see what I can do here..." After a moment of thought, she quickly strides towards her hapless friend and, eyes brimming with un-shed tears. "There you are, Edan. I...I just want to to know...I still have feelings for you." She lays a hand on his arm, ignoring the lady already on his arm. "PLEASE come with me!"

Perform (Act) untrained 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

Yup, still here and awaiting DM feedback.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3
Godelina Evelyn wrote:
Yup, still here and awaiting DM feedback.

Aye - hope he's OK.

Watching 'Shari's performance, Lanten stifles a grin - thinking about the sheer confusion that's probably taking place over there. After the serious events of the past few days and his own deeping feelings for 'Shari, a little distracting fun right now helps him clear his mind and focus.


Male Human

Update coming tonight, had to get my ducks in a row and get back on track with where all our missions were going. Still crazy busy at work.


Male Human
Lina wrote:

Godelina is genuinly surprised by his words, but she tries to remain cool and curtious. She is a little worried about the prospect of a dance in her high heels, but she appears to have gotten a command of them.

"You lead, Mistertique. he says, hoping this night becomes fruitful.

With that Mistertique pulls you into a lively dance that is just perfect for the music, and even though you do not know the steps he is able to guide you with nudges as he twirls you about the floor. Soon you are both the spectacle of the night, with the dance floor forming a circle about the two of you with everyone oohing and ahhing appreciatively.

Shari wrote:
'Shari returns Lanten's smile, eyes twinkling. "Yes, I agree, Edan needs a hand here. Let me see what I can do here..." After a moment of thought, she quickly strides towards her hapless friend and, eyes brimming with un-shed tears. "There you are, Edan. I...I just want to to know...I still have feelings for you." She lays a hand on his arm, ignoring the lady already on his arm. "PLEASE come with me!"

The large woman pulls back from Edan, letting go of his arm, and begins to quiver, suddenly she starts bawling loudly, ""You are seeing another?! How COULD you???" you feel that her tantrum could go on for a while if you don't make a hasty retreat.


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

Eyes wide, Edan was surprised at the shift in moods. Though he was grateful at 'Shari for saving him, he did feel a pang of compassion for the woman and sighed softly. Reaching out to lay a hand on her arm, he gave her a smile. "I am not averse to having friends, however. You can visit me at the temple of Iomedae, and I will be happy to talk with you when I can." Still, to prevent being clung to again, Edan swept a bow that was not quite graceful, but trained, and left the immediate area with Ushari, relief written large on his face.

"Thanks 'Shari. You have no idea how much I appreciate that. How are things going?" Turning his head, he looked around for Lanten and nodded at him, expecting that he was going to be the target of humor for a bit after this. Curiously, he thought of something, and while he was escorting her back to Lanten, he cast a tiny spell, something that still thrilled him that he was able to do.
Casting Detect Magic as a general feeler


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

'Shari is careful to make sure the other woman sees Edan is firmly in her grasp, so to speak, and that she is no longer paying attention to Edan and herself. Once she is satisfied, she laughs softly to Edan's question with his kiss still fresh in her mind. "Think nothing of it Edan. You seem to have that natural talent of attracting the...needy ones to you."

After she has been escorted back to Lanten's side, she gives her PRINCE a warm smile, a hint of promise in her blue eyes. "Things are going QUITE well, I think." Thoughts of another man on her mind as she replies to Edan. Glancing about her, she places her hand into Lanten's hand and asks him "Speaking of going, have you seen 'Lina recently?" As she hears the sounds of admiration coming from the other patrons, she turns her gaze to the cause of the attention. Her eyes widen as she sees the couple dancing. "OHHH....MY!"


Male Human

@Edan You detect plenty of magical things as you are passing among the people, mostly from the more wealthy looking patrons but unless you focus on one for a short time all you know is that there are magical items about.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

Godelina finds herself stuck in the dancing and quite amazed she can pull off half the moves that she's able to with him. Though she is more focused on the task at hand, she can't help but enjoy the attention for the first time in her life. In the past it was all about bottleing up such emotions and keeping yourself in check for evil can reveal itself at any moment, however for this moment she wasn't on guard.

It felt great to be the centre of attention and to be marveled in awe not due to her armour or feats of faith, but simply for her looks or being special (the latter she chooses to believe) however so far it appears their approch hasn't bared much fruit.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Taking a drink as a spectator, Lanten smiles at the two events on display before him. At Edan & 'Shari's trick on the amorous ladyfriend, he can't help but laugh a little and give 'Shari a mischievous grin of appreciation.

Even more so, he can't help do a double take (and nearly spits up his drink) when he sees 'Lina in full array of dancing. Never thought the paladin had it in her...she looks quite amazing... For the first time since he met her, a sense of admiration comes over him - maybe it's the look of happiness visible for the first time.

A sense of paranoia creeps up, and he glances around to see if all this attention has caught someone less scruplous' eye as well. Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Whatever pondering he does, he puts away as the two others approach. He gives Edan a smirk and a cutesy response of "Welcome back, loverboy...maybe we should be your escort for the night?"

'Shari Velnokal wrote:
"Speaking of going, have you seen 'Lina recently?"

He then turns towards 'Shari with a warm look of welcome in his eyes, and then subtley points with a finger towards the dance floor and answers humorously:"Belle of the ball, it seems."

'Shari's surprise only makes him grin more.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3
Narrator of the lost Tomes wrote:
[ooc...had to get my ducks in a row and get back on track with where all our missions were going. Still crazy busy at work.[/ooc]

No worries - glad to have you back and hale.


Male Human

Update tomorrow or the next day


Male Human

The night continues on, after the dance Mistertique attempts to make small talk with Lina. The party moves and throngs about you but nothing untoward seems to be happening, whether due to the bouncers about or the inebriation of the patrons.


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6
Lanten Tiberiu wrote:

He then turns towards 'Shari with a warm look of welcome in his eyes, and then subtley points with a finger towards the dance floor and answers humorously:"Belle of the ball, it seems."

'Shari's surprise only makes him grin more.

'Shari looks at him with a look of mock outrage. "AND just WHAT is soooo funny, my Prince?" She glances back towards the dancing couple before turning back to look at Lanten's face, and those arresting eyes of his. "You know, I always thought 'Lina was...good at dancing.." There is a slight note of envy in her voice which her close friends are able to pick up on.

After the dance has concluded, she takes another drink of wine while taking Lanten's hand in her own, reassured by his touch. She turns to look at Edan with an impish grin on her face. "I think you may have some competition there Edan. Just let me know if you need any...help winning her back!" The giggle in her voice and the slight slurring of her speech clearly indicated she has partook of more wine than is good for her.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3
'Shari Velnokal wrote:


"AND just WHAT is soooo funny, my Prince?" "You know, I always thought 'Lina was...good at dancing.." There is a slight note of envy in her voice which her close friends are able to pick up on.

After the dance has concluded, she takes another drink of wine while taking Lanten's hand in her own, reassured by his touch. The giggle in her voice and the slight slurring of her speech clearly indicated she has partook of more wine than is good for her.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

With a slight grin, Lanten answers: "Nothing, Mi'lady - your look was simply precious." He takes another drink and his ears prick up at the envious tone in 'Shari's voice. Although he doesn't get the reasons, he wants to reassure her. Speaking absently, he states in a neutral tone: "I suspect she had some help learning how to manage today, hmmm?" His statement is followed with a direct look into 'Shari's eyes to imply he thinks she's the one responsible for 'Lina's success.

Kind of waiting to see if anything comes of 'Lina's conversation, but assuming it doesn't:

Seeing that nothing related to their investigations has come about tonight, Lanten considers mentioning that it's time to leave. He's getting tired and 'Shari's hand (which he holds warmly) is leading back to impulses that should best left alone tonight. Glancing at Edan (assuming he's not distracted), he looks for confirmation that he may agree.


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6
Lanten Tiberiu wrote:
With a slight grin, Lanten answers: "Nothing, Mi'lady - your look was simply precious." He takes another drink and his ears prick up at the envious tone in 'Shari's voice. Although he doesn't get the reasons, he wants to reassure her. Speaking absently, he states in a neutral tone: "I suspect she had some help learning how to manage today, hmmm?" His statement is followed with a direct look into 'Shari's eyes to imply he thinks she's the one responsible for 'Lina's success.

'Shari laughs, a touch wistfully. "Yes, Lanten, I suppose you could say that. I did offer her some pointers...but I just never thought she would be sooo...GOOD at it!" She returns his gaze feeling comforted by his own look. "'Lina is such a pretty woman, and a natural at this too. I just don't want her getting hurt here." She yawns as the days events, not to mention the drink start to catch up to her.

Yeah, I think it is time to move on here.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

yeah, me too.

'Lina, not really sure how to persue questioning decides to try and be sly.
"So mistertique. What do you do when you aren't dancing with women here?" she decides to ask as part of small talk. "Surely you aren't so boring as to spend all your time here, hm?"


Male Human

"I do a little of this, a little of that, I am somewhat of an adventurer. I stopped by in town and thought to see what I could." He looks you up and down in an approving way, though not creepy. "I am glad that I did."


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

"What places have you traveled to in the past? Do you have any exciting plans while you are here?" she asks, curious if he's slip up or perhaps mention something she can keep probing gently to get any information that might incriminate him.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3
'Shari Velnokal wrote:
"'Lina is such a pretty woman, and a natural at this too. I just don't want her getting hurt here." She yawns as the days events...

"I think it's more likely someone else will get hurt...having seen her right-handed swing," Lanten adds with a chuckle while he holds 'Shari's hand. "Let's give her a moment to chat before someone has to go get her, eh?," nodding in Edan's direction.


Male Human
Godelina Evelyn wrote:
"What places have you traveled to in the past? Do you have any exciting plans while you are here?" she asks, curious if he's slip up or perhaps mention something she can keep probing gently to get any information that might incriminate him.

"Oh, I have traveled all over, I am a bard, though I am not currently looking for work. The stories I could tell you of the places I have been! Most of them are far too long for such a short meeting as this however."


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

Edan was not paying attention to his expression, so what was going through his mind was evident on his face. The dance and whirl of those that were dancing was impressive, as Edan did not know those dances all that well. That they had come here to search for information was something he was aware of, but he still watched the interaction between 'Lina and her dance partner closely. While he was not frowning, he was not pleased. This place held no interest for him, and he was out of his element, not having the faintest idea of how to go about things.

Sighing, he looked for and got a serving girl's attention over the general clamor of the conversation and music going on all around them, asking for a glass of juice, if they had it, feeling less than clean about the whole night. Remembering Lanten and 'Shari, he did essay a smile in their direction and instead distracted himself with studying the sense of magic that he could detect around them, wandering a few steps away. Perhaps he would at least get to see this "Dryad"?


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Despite the gaiety of the evening, Lanten was feeling that it was all wearing thin on him and his new friends. He had hoped to get a chuckle out Edan, but the lad seemed lost - and 'Lina's display didn't seem to go over too well. He wasn't sure what it was.

In any case, letting go of 'Shari's hand (with a brief "Best get a move on..."muttered), he approached Edan and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Think we've all had enough fun for one evening, eh? Why don't you go talk with your comrade and let her know - maybe she needs 'rescuing'," he finishes with a grin - hoping to buoy the cleric's spirits.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
Narrator of the lost Tomes wrote:
Godelina Evelyn wrote:
"What places have you traveled to in the past? Do you have any exciting plans while you are here?" she asks, curious if he's slip up or perhaps mention something she can keep probing gently to get any information that might incriminate him.
"Oh, I have traveled all over, I am a bard, though I am not currently looking for work. The stories I could tell you of the places I have been! Most of them are far too long for such a short meeting as this however."

oops, sorry forgot I was up.

Godelina sighs, clearly he seems to be of no use to her at all. Glancing over at her friends and Edan especially she decides it is time to leave.
"I best be leaving. I'm sure there are many more beautiful women you could grasp the attention of." as she says this she gets up, but then stops for a moment as a final idea came to mind. "May I ask, when did you arrive into this town?"

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

That's the second 20 I've rolled in 2 minutes.


Male Human

"Not too terribly long ago, may be a couple weeks?"


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

so nothing on my sense motive checks? Okey.

At this she is clearly dissappointed.
"It has been good to see you. My name is Godelina Evelyn." she says with a small smile "I have never enjoyed myself as much as I did today. Thank you."

With that, she gets up and makes her way towards Edan and the group.


Male Human

He seems to be telling the truth.

As you get up to leave he smiles kindly but does not say anything and does not pursue you. Next time you look back, he is not there at all and you cannot see him anywhere in the throng of people about where he was.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

"I am sorry for wasting all your time. I had hoped we would've found someone of interest in our investigations, but it appears as if I was wrong." as she looks back and sees that the man seems to have vanished into thin air she raises a eyebrow and turns back to the group "Or perhaps I did and I let him escape. I apologise again for wasting your time in this fruitless search. Inheritor give me strength, I feel like such a fool."


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

'Shari sighs in relief as 'Lina rejoins the group. "Well, 'Lina I think you did just fine there. Are you sure he knows more of what is going on in Saltmarsh than he is letting on?" Her eyes twinkle in mischief. "All I saw was a handsome man dancing with a beautiful lady!" She again yawns and turns to the gentlemen who served as their dates for this evening. "I suggest we all go get some rest and meet again for breakfast. Maybe we can track down some info on this 'Misterique' fellow." She gives 'Lina a wink. "Although it would not surprise me if he found you FIRST!"


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

Edan smiled at the work ethic that 'Lina had instilled in her, but did turn to the others with a shrug. "I have realized that we are not entirely out of options." Turning his head to look around the room as if looking for something, he was gauging the space that the Dryad took up, and was trying to figure how big of a circle they would have to make to reliably canvas the area. That his eyes kept straying over her in that dress and those shoes.. Well, he was still human, by Arshea.

"You can detect evil at about thirty paces, right?" Edan asked her, glancing over '--eyes up!'. "..because I suspect I can sense magic at about the same range." Raising his eyebrows at her. he paused to see if she picked up what he was implying. Lanten and 'Shari got a glance from him as well, but he did not want to intrude on their night more than he already had-- he was decidedly grateful for the rescue, though.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
'Shari Velnokal wrote:
'Shari sighs in relief as 'Lina rejoins the group. "Well, 'Lina I think you did just fine there. Are you sure he knows more of what is going on in Saltmarsh than he is letting on?" Her eyes twinkle in mischief. "All I saw was a handsome man dancing with a beautiful lady!" She again yawns and turns to the gentlemen who served as their dates for this evening. "I suggest we all go get some rest and meet again for breakfast. Maybe we can track down some info on this 'Misterique' fellow." She gives 'Lina a wink. "Although it would not surprise me if he found you FIRST!"

She just shrugs as she looks back at the now empty seat and uses detect evil at will.

"He didn't show up evil when he first approched me, but it is possible to hide." she blushes as 'Shari talks about a beautiful woman dancing and shakes her head. "I merely followed his lead. I am not that attractive. I am merely a warrior of the inheritor."

At the discussion of tracking him she gives another shrug.
"He's been here only a few weeks and claims he's not been doing anything besides travelling. He did not appear to be lying." she states and smiles towards Edan. "A bed looks good now. I feel uncomfortable in this dress."


Male Human

As the two of you scan around with your detect evil and detect magic, Edan detects much the same as before, small magic baubles on the wealthier patrons, if he decides to focus on some of them he can discover the school of magic and how powerful they are. Lina detects no evil in the room strong enough to be noticeable.

901 to 950 of 1,022 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Adventures from the Lost Tomes All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.