Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Adventures from the Lost Tomes

Game Master Dementia Walker


851 to 900 of 1,022 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>

Male Human

You heard stories of a single dwarf that floated into town on a burnt down boat, shortly before you came to town, and promptly built a bar with funds that he had in a bag of holding with him.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Lanten nods in affirmation at the barman's troubles, adding a simple "Shame all that with this dwarf and Uncle then; looks like I'll have to keep looking for him," he gives the man the extra coin and finishes his drink. He gives Edan a glance to see if he has anything to add or ask the man. Otherwise after mulling things a bit in the tavern, he suggests they move on.


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

This was an unfamiliar place to Edan, and while he was not fearful, he had learned to keep his mouth shut in places where he was unfamiliar. Still, he knew enough of social interactions to know that he had to separate himself from under Lanten's shadow to keep himself from being immediately associated with him in any future dealing with this place. However, he could really not think of any particular way to do so, not here. He was an agent of the church, anyway. Deception was not something that came natural to him, and he did not want to make it part of his character.

When Lanten suggested they move on, he nodded, considering the taste of the ale that he had purchased perfunctorily, uncertain about whether or not he liked the taste of it. A couple of copper went onto the bar to tip the barman for the service, and he rose, uncertain about how best to proceed.

Once they were out of the bar, Edan was thoughtful. "Where to now?"


Male Half-elven Fighter 3
Edan Crosier wrote:
Once they were out of the bar, Edan was thoughtful. "Where to now?"

Lanten glanced at the cleric to speak. He had a pained look of frustration for a moment before he focused on the question. "We could check out this dwarf's bar, but I suspect that you've had enough of dim pubs and grimy glasses for one afternoon. You looked about as comfortable in there as I did in that library earlier...," he finishes this off with his regular grin of jest.

But his tone turns more serious. "I think I've wasted enough of your day chasing down one errant old man for today. I suggest we either check on this Desthen fellow or maybe see about making arrangements to get into the Dryad - what with the fancy clothes we bought."

Whatever they chose to do, Lanten seems to remember Akalvin words about sending a tail after people and glances around as they walk to see if anyone is following them.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Oh - so clueless I don't notice the elephant that's following us around. ;-)


Male Human

yup, no one sees anyone following you guys. You may want to meet up with the ladies first so that they are not bored anymore and then decide what to do.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Sounds good by me as well. I was kind of waiting for Edan's feedback.


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

Edan looked a bit sheepish at Lanten's accurate observation of what he was thinking in the Urchin. "If we are going into the Dryad, I will need an hour with the spellbook.." It was not that he was expecting trouble, but more like, he knew who he was going to be accompanying, and wanted to prepare. "..just in case", he added with a slight grin.

"If they are not.. shopping", he said the word with some hesitance, mostly dreading the thought of being seen by them and then roped into accompanying them during which he would be laden down with things he had no idea of and barely knew what they did. The minimal amount of shopping that they had needed to do was all he cared to do.

Grudgingly, he nodded. "We should try to find 'Lina and 'Shari." There were things that were still unfinished, but they had done enough for the day, he thought.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3
Edan Crosier wrote:
"If we are going into the Dryad, I will need an hour with the spellbook..."

"Fair enough - we should have time to spare for that effort...good thinking," Lanten responds. He gives a small chuckle at the way in which Edan dryly assessed what 'Lina and 'Shari might be doing.

"As my pa used to say of womenfolk: 'You make small sacrifices for a bigger reward.' Hopefully, they'll make a good impression at the Dryad; and that could mean we gather some good information. Let's go see if we find them at the Boat, eh?" He gives the cleric a light clap on the shoulder to encourage him forward and gives a grin as he walks.

But his face has a worried look and remained quiet on the walk back - allowing to Edan to fill the silence if chose to do so. Mentioning his father brings back the story Akalvin told him. His father had always tettered on drunkeness, but his pride in his tavern had kept him sober. He had hoped that his flight to Saltmarsh had some meaning - some reason; not merely an excuse to get stone drunk and footloose. A certain level of frustration with this situation was coming to a boil.

A chance to walk off his impulsive anger proved beneficial once again and allowed his mind to wander. Thoughts of taking 'Shari to the Dryad; and what she might look like in a dress became a welcome distraction. By the time they arrived back to meet, he had an easier stance to his gait.


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

'Shari finishes helping 'Lina out of her evening dress and hangs it up in the closet, along with her own gown. "No need to spoil the men's surprise just YET, right 'Lina?" She smiles evilly. "It is up to you whether you want to keep walking in those heels or not, it is a bit unusual to wear those with your well-worn pants and blouse I will say."

As the men arrive, she rushes over to give Lanten a big hug. Looking into his eyes, she is amazed at how blue they are. "How did it go, did you find anything out?"


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

Able to at least keep the smile that showed at 'Shari's display of affection, Edan looked to 'Lina with a nod and a raised eyebrow over a slight smirk. The glance he shot the two was slightly amused, but approving for her being happy. 'Shari's question made him frown slightly, remembering the information that they had gathered, as well as where they would be going tonight.

He excused himself from the group, carrying his paper-wrapped parcel that contained his clothing to go put into his room. "Going to see how well memorizing spells go", he said to 'Lina in passing, the smell of ale remaining on his breath, despite the small amount that he had consumed. Now, he wanted a bit of a nap, something slight to eat, and to figure out what trouble they might run into, so he could plan accordingly.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Although a little surprised, Lanten returns the hug - holding the young lady a moment longer than expected. It was the kind of thing he needed right now, and it buoyed his spirit. When he let go he gave her a warm smile.

Glancing towards Edan's quiet frame, he spoke for both of them. "Oh the usual way - gambling, singing, mischief..." he paused with a grin and sat down to continue his explanation more seriously. Once they were gathered, he spoke more plainly.

"Some ideas, but nothing concrete on either the Asmodean cult or the Black Market. The biggest thing Edan noticed was that it seems like every church in town - not just Iomedae's - has seen a decline in followers. Whatever's going on isn't just an theft on her church - it's all of them. We also noticed that someone's funding this mess very quietly...and someone with alot of money usually means a Noble and that makes things harder. I suspect we'll need to talk to City Councilers - maybe start with Edan and 'Lina's superior to get some insights into who's considered important around here."

"That artistic wizard - Desthen - that's a puzzle, but I don't know what's about. The records in City Hall don't match those from the Temple of Nethys. In Cheliax, that would sound like someone's hiding something from the authorities...so that's my guess."

"That's about all we found in the Hall of Records...," he pauses and takes a quick drink of water,"and that when I took my friend here to another bar. Turns out the man I'm looking for has been wandering drunk around town. The trail's kind of cold, but we have another lead at another tavern run by a dwarf. But, by that point, I think we had enough of drunken longshoremen and came back for more pleasant company." He finishes his statement with a wink and grin for 'Shari and a tip of his head to 'Lina.

Feeling a bit tired after his long recitation, Lanten leaned back and looked at the two women with a curious eye. "And how was your venture? More interesting than ours, I hope..."

Hopefully - I've recapped the sum what we found out. Sounds alright?


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

'Shari enjoys the closeness of the handsome half-elven man, his blue eyes drinking her in and feels a pang of disappointment when he lets her go. His smile however chased away her doubts and filled her with a very pleasant feeling, one she had not felt in quite some time.

By the Gods...I think I have...feelings for him!

She blushes even harder after his wink. "I am sure you would like to know what WE ladies did whilst you gentlemen were working HARD for us...BUT I think you and Edan will both like what 'Lina and I did!" The look of promise in her eyes made 'Shari look much older than she actually was. "If you need me to help you with anything with finding...uhh...whoever you are trying to track down, just let me know. I would be more than happy to help!"


Male Human

Just tell me what direction you guys are heading once you are done roleplaying and I will continue, no rush.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Lanten chuckles at 'Shari's teasing hints and his mind wanders on the implications a bit.
"Thanks for the offer; we'll see what happens. I think I gave Edan a bit of a scare this time when it looked like we might be in for a brawl at one point." He waves the last part away, as if to dismiss it as serious.

"Question is, do we feel ready to check out the Dryad tonight? It might make for a pleasant night and maybe we can find someone or something that can help us in our searches. We even went and found Edan a nice suit for the evening," he finishes with a grin.

"Aside from that, nothing so fancy comes to mind...we still have the park and the Gorumite temple to check out. Or, as mentioned, another bar of probably questionable quality." He shrugs, leaving things open for discussion.

I'm pretty much ready to go with next step. I think the Dryad's the option we are most looking towards, but am flexible if we want to check out other locations instead. Seems we have the dwarf's bar or maybe the temple to check out; don't think going to the park late in the day would be helpful. There's always the notion of a stakeout at the Orphanage to see if we spot anyone as well.


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

'Shari laughs, "Wow, to see Edan in a fancy suit, that is what I am MOST looking forward to for our special evening! I hope 'Lina does appreciate the sacrifice he has made for her!" Her voice teasing both of them.

"We should have time to head over to that Temple before we make our reservations at the Dryad. I wonder how long Edan will take..." Her voice trails off uncertainly. "If you want to check out that bar you mentioned, I'll go with you. I have worked at seedy bars before, you just need to have a sharp instrument ready...be it an elbow or a blade."

I don't know if we can get into the Dryad tonight, so if not we can set that date for tomorrow. If Edan is going to stay here the rest of the day, then we should FF to this evening or tomorrow. I don't really want to split up the group again, at least not right now.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3
'Shari Velnokal wrote:
"We should have time to head over to that Temple before we make our reservations at the Dryad. I wonder how long Edan will take..." Her voice trails off uncertainly. "I have worked at seedy bars before, you just need to have a sharp instrument ready...be it an elbow or a blade."

Lanten lets out a small smile at 'Shari observation.

She's is more resourceful than I thought...good thing there.

"True enough...that or a sturdy chair...thanks for the reminder," he adds. "Sounds alright by me. I think Edan was planning on resting and learning some spells - in case we need them in a pinch."

Agreed with that thought on the party. So we can move forward with the evening or even tomorrow is fine too. I'm a little worried we haven't heard from 'Lina in awhile - I know she said she had been busy. Would like to have her chime, if she has any thoughts.


Male Human

Edan spends the hour preparing spells in his room. Just put up a list of spells prepared in your profile As he is doing that the girls decide to get ready for the night, slipping away to put on dresses and makeup. Lanten has about 45 min to wander around waiting for Edan to get done before they both go and change into their new outfits as well. Everyone meets in a common area and sees each other for the first time where you all spend some time talking before putting on cloaks to keep the cold air blowing in from the sea at bay for your trip to the Dryad. Once there you get into the line in front of the building about an hours wait from the front door. Time passes and you finally make it to the front. Once you step inside it is like entering a new world. There are gambling tables in various places around the room, the center is cleared out as a dance floor, there is an orchestra playing on a stage to the left of the room and everyone seems to be talking too loudly and laughing too boisterously. The women wandering the floor have outfits cut dangerously revealing, some having occasional malfunctions and becoming embarrassed, others just letting it all hang out as though they don't notice. Thankfully the sexual acts seem to be kept behind closed doors. There is a grand stage in the center back of the room with no one currently on it and a large bar to the right of the room. If you have any weapons concealed let me know. Looking around you see large men positioned around the room in strategic locations looking for trouble. Feel free to RP first meeting in new clothing and such. I just wanted to get you too the Dryad.


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

'Shari spends her time alternately helping 'Lina do her makeup and her hair and fretting on how best to wear her own hair. She eventually decides on braiding her hair and wrapping the braid tightly allowing it to drape down her shoulder. Rather elegant she though. Her own makeup was impeccable, dark eye shadow blending perfectly with her pink blush, just a touch of red. Her lipstick was a darker shade of pink, which made her lips glisten. And her black satin gown clung perfectly to her slender body. Paired with her stocking and heels, she had to admit she looked stunning.

Lanten won't know what hit him...or Edan for that matter...

Finally, she decides to arm herself discreetly...

Use Fast Fingers to conceal her dagger.
SoH #1 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 2 = 16
SoH #2 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 9 + 2 = 24 <== THIS ONE

As she looks at Lanten, she cannot help but be aware of how her dress clung to her body, and how he must be reacting. She let her own gaze wander over him, appreciating how he looked in his own outfit. Dashing and very handsome. She allows him to take her arm.

"Ready, Lanten?"


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

After discovering that memorizing spells was not as hard as he thought it might have been, Edan took the dime to get ready as well, cleaning up as best he was able. It turned out that magic could help a lot of things, so he exited his room looking like he was freshly scrubbed and cleaned, despite not having many implements for doing so. His hair was neatly combed, and the clothes that he had purchased fit him admirably.

He walked out, looked at 'Shari and smiled, then completely ruined the image by fidgeting in his clothing. While the shirt and vest fit well, it was the new boots that made him fidget. They were new and not worn, so there was a bit of tapping either toe or heel on the wood, and bouncing on his toes as he tried to find a comfortable fit.

Then he realized what she was wearing. It was something akin to wonder, the expression on his face, and his mouth even dropped open slightly, before a throat clearing from Lanten brought him back to himself. "Ooh.. Wow 'Shari. You look.. Wow--Imean, good-- Imean.." Sighing, he turned around and regained his composure.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Sorry for the delay on my part - been under the weather all week.

Before meeting the ladies, Lanten waits as Edan works on his spellcraft - the sounds of the tavern providing a familiar feel and he takes a small nap to recover from the days' activity.

Once they are off, he goes about shaving; cleaning up; and getting the new clothes getting adjusted. The suit's colors and his grooming efforts combined to give him a darkly refined look - accenting his Chelish heritage moreso. Although his look may bear resemblance to a Chelish noble, any attempt at the illusion is broken by his general stance - more that of a fighting man than a refined dignitary.
Finally, he does his best to try and carry his daggers - but suspects they won't stay hidden to a sharp eye. Slight of Hand: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (10) - 2 = 8

Upon arriving and seeing 'Shari and 'Lina, he lets out a low whistle of amazement. He wonders if Edan's awkwardness masked his own staring -but he suspected his blue eyes (standing out even more in contrast to his dark attire) gave him away to 'Shari. Wanting to regain a little composure, he placed a reassuring hand on Edan's shoulder before turning to respond to 'Shari's offer.

He found her slim form moved perfectly with the dress, but it was her vibrant eyes and smiling face that kept his attention. "Seems I've been given the good fortune of escorting a wayfaring princess tonight," he stated - taking her arm in motion that starts with a chaste kiss to her hand before wrapping it around his own arm.


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

'Shari nods understandingly at Edan's greeting knowing he was very bashful around women, especially pretty women. If he thinks I am stunning, just wait until he sees 'Lina! We may have to pick his jaw up from the floor after--

Lanten's statement nearly took her breath away. Princess? He called me a Princess? I...I have never been called that before...

Hurriedly turning away from Lanten to brush the glimmer of a tear starting to form in her eye with her hankie without smearing her makeup, she then takes his arm with hers and replies, "The fortune would be all mine, my PRINCE!"


Male Human

We seem to have lost a certain golden haired lass, I will let you all respond to the Dryad and then I will continue posts.


Male Human

Soooooo, yea. Whats going on guys? Are you all waiting for something from me or is everyone waiting on each other?


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Apologies - I kept hoping 'Lina would join back up and add her input. Also - still not fully up to speed with the flu. I'll be back up later this morning to post as well.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3
'Shari Velnokal wrote:
"The fortune would be all mine, my PRINCE!"

"Well, now...,"Lanten - a little embarassed for such attention, pauses before going on. Looking at Edan and 'Lina, "OK, you two, ready?"

Will do a retro post of 'Lina steps in with details from her end of things.

On the way to the Dryad:

Despite the attire and excitement, Lanten tries to do a little planning. "Not sure what we'll find in here - but do we want to spread out and look for anyone in particular? Otherwise, I guess we need to listen if anyone's heard of the cult or maybe the Black Market." He turns towards Edan and 'Lina, "I think you two are going to get more attention; hopefully someone will blurt something useful to try and impress you." Hoping not offend, he sort of gives 'Lina a once-over look to imply his meaning.

At the Dryad:
Although 'Shari (and 'Lina's) style may draw some looks, Lanten tries his best to remain mundane to the bouncers/bodyguards. As mentioned - trying to keep daggers concealed Once inside - despite his years of experiencing tavern/bar life - he's unprepared for the glamorous and hedonistic style of the place. "Didn't think Saltmarshers had it in them for this kind living," he mutters to 'Shari. He gives the place a onceover - trying to ignore the more scandalous sights - in hopes of seeing something/someone that stands out.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

'Shari is flooded by the sensation, of the sights and sounds of the party atmosphere. She recalls all too well why she refused the job offer to waitress here, instead electing to work at the far more sedate Fish tavern .

She nods in reply to Lanten. "I have been here...before. This is actually fairly mellow for them. Still, I do recognize a few people here." She leans into his body closer. "Would you mind walking with me while I talk to some of the waitresses?"

She will go over to some of the employees and chat with them. Diplomacy (Gather Info) 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22


Male Half-elven Fighter 3
'Shari Velnokal wrote:

"Would you mind walking with me while I talk to some of the waitresses?"

Lanten listens while still looking around. Seeing one of the waitresses' walk by in racy attire, thoughts of 'Shari in such an outfit cross his mind. Given how she pretty she looks now...wouldn't like it if I knew this is what shehad to wear....

When he turns back at her request, he looks on her with a warm look and nods in acknowlwedgement to follow her.


Male Human

Apologies, I will get a post up tomorrow, hopefully.


Male Human

Looking around all Lanten sees is people trying to sate their vices.

Shari begins small talk with some of the servers but anytime the conversation turns away from innocent topics to patrons or other topics they become tight lipped, you feel they are very professional about not talking about anything of import on the floor.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Lanten continues to glance around as 'Shari does the talking - not helping but glancing at her in her lovely attire once in a while. When they are more isolated, he mutters: "Doesn't seem like we are having much luck finding anything out for now."

Lanten sort of shrugs and adds: "Not sure...maybe a drink to clear the decks. Can I get you something, Mi'Lady?" Lanten finishes with a grin and a slight flourish - hoping to lighten the mood a little.

Hoping Edan and 'Lina can add to the conversation/investigaton.


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

'Shari thanks the waitress for spending the time chatting with her. As she turns to leave, 'Shair cannot help but feel a sense of relief in refusing to work here. There was a sense of...hidden secrets here, secrets which would lead to someone being hurt or worse, should they come to light. Still, she knew her questions would draw the attention of someone, so now it was time to wait.

Her mood somewhat soured, she turns to face Lanten as she hears his muttered comment. She only nods in reply. Still seeing how he looked at her made her feel much better.

"Why thank you Lanten! A glass of Rose wine for me, if you please!"


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

Edan was.. Uncertain about being here. Just the type of place that the Dryad was did not appeal to him. That, and he had no idea about how he should be acting, so he was fairly certain that he was a bit awkward here. Still, they were here with a mission, and to do that, he had to be social and speak. So, he spoke to a passing waitress in requesting a drink, something light and fruity he hoped, since he knew nothing about drinks. He was also trying not to blush at some of the things that he was seeing, surprised that some people would do what they were doing in a place like this.

To try to at least find some place to gather his somewhat scattered wits, Edan moved over to the edge of the dance floor, studying the dancing that was going on, to see if he knew any of it, and perhaps join in for a dance. They had a goal, and he had to remember that. So he could at least keep his ears open while he was here.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

Sorry about that, I wasn't notified that there have been any posts for weeks and weeks. Also forgotten how the dress looks to bare with me if it isn't EXACTLY like it was described in the past.

Before leaving:

Godelina comes out after Edan has already arrived and seen 'Shari. Her clothing is something you would certainly never see a paladin wear under any circumstance. Her dress wasn't too revealing, but it did have exposed cleveledge and gripped to her shape in a tasteful way, giving her a look that would fit in with the Dryad based on what 'Shari said, but at the same time not wanting to reveal too much.

It was a beautiful flowing blue dress that went well with her golden hair and eyes. She also had a matching pair of saphire earrings to go with it and was wearing, for the first time in her life, high-heeled shoes. After practicing with them for some time she appears to be standing up fine in them and able to keep her balance and effecting her posture as high-heels were designed to.

As she notice's Edan she blushes and then clears her throat.
"That's disturbing news about the temple Lanten. Possibly more people woreshipping this "god of luck" but I'm worried my theory might be right about someone working with those evil creatures that tried to take this town or both of these events might be seporate, but end up helping each other."

She steps over to Edan defiantely and grabs him arm so that it's locked with her's.
"We better try to blend in. Will be hard, but if something bad happens." she smiles reaching down and pulling a dagger out and giving a wink. "The blade here will give me the armour and weapon I'll need."

With that she heads off with Edan, keeping her head up and looking determined. Godelina remains well balanced, only once or twice not being used to the road, however she keeps her balance well and smiles towards 'Shari. She wouldn't say it outloud, but she is enjoying being dressed up for a change and attracting everyone's gaze.

At the Dryad:

Godelina wrinkles her nose at the sight of the events that are going on. "Such Chaos! Inheretor help us this might become of the town if things get much worse. Women dancing and showing no concern for their bodies." Godelina followed Edan and sat next to him, crossing her legs as she sat down, being careful how she sits and thinking that if she just sits there and looks like a average patron, she'd get hit by men who might wish to talk too much.

Bluff to look conving, if required. Bonuses possibly for dress and makeup, ect 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Godelina then had a thought as she leans over to Edan to whisper:
"Let's seporate. Men might wish to speak with me if I don't appear spoken for." she gives a wink and leans back.

normally DC 15 to hear the details of a whispered conversation, but considering the loud noise it might be harder for anyone nearby.

She takes a careful look around the room, wondering if any familiar faces will reveal themselves and possibly ruin tonight's plan or if she can catch the eye of someone who might be in on whatever's going down. with her seated potion her legs appear to be partially exposed, almost inviting vagabonds to give it a try.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15


Male Human

It is no problem I was actually getting ready to send you a message and ask if you had decided to drop out. I will update what is going on tonight after work.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Lanten nods at 'Shari's suggestion, and proceeds to the closest barkeep to order drinks for 'Shari and himself - wines for both of them.
He looks at the barman as he gets the drinks and then glances around at the sights before asking with a swagger: "Lot's a fella can himself into 'round here - anything you recommend?," he finshes with a wicked grin.

On his way back with the drinks, he looked towards where 'Lina had placed herself. The combination of the golden hair and her appearance with the dress and makeup gave a her an exotic, alluring look that made Lanten let out a low whistle and a small grin. He hadn't noticed it so much as they got ready to depart, but in this environment - such things became more noticable.

Hard to believe this was the same zealous crusader who went face to face with an evil cleric not two days ago. Here she is struggling to keep her balance on high-heels and playing the siren's call.
He had to wonder if - under other circumstances - he might find himself attracted to her. Given his difficult, personal experiences with those of "outsider" heritage, he doubted it. That aside, as he turned towards 'Shari, he realized just how stunning she looked and how he made him feel...better, excited?

He handed her the drink and gave her an unexpected smile.


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

'Shari's gaze wanders the main room drinking in the chaotic scene. She feels a pang of worry over 'Lina's decision to leave herself un-escorted. I know the men here will swoop on her like vultures picking a corpse clean!

Her gaze lingers over Lanten as he walks over to the bar, watching how his body moves in his tight fitting outfit. The smile on her face dims somewhat as she notices him looking over 'Lina, but then returns in full force as he approaches their table, his own gaze running over her body. She cannot help but notice the look in his eyes. It was definitely having a not-unpleasant effect on various parts of her body.

As he hands her the glass of wine, her eyes meet his and a flush rises on her face. Trying to maintain some decorum here (admittedly difficult considering the circumstances), she takes a rather long sip of her wine, marveling at how sweet and fruity it tasted. Trying to ignore the warmth spreading through her body, she returns Lanten's smile and asks with a note of huskiness, "How is 'Lina faring?"


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

At the exchange of glances and the sound of her voice, Lanten also feels a little redness as certain thoughts about 'Shari linger. He takes a deep drink of his own and then answers as a welcome distraction - smiling a little as he looks toward 'Lina.

"She seems alright so far. Considering she was just a holy fury the other day, I'm worried she might slug some fella if he gets too untoward her in her quest for information," he finishes with a chuckle of humor. He also gives 'Shari a rueful smile, adding: "Why do I suspect she had a helpful hand in turning in making her look so lady-like?"

He also pointed towards Edan's own efforts to be social near the dance floor. Jokingly, he added: "Maybe we should be more worried about our scholarly friend - some hungry noblewoman might snatch him up."


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

'Shari laughs lightly, her face dimpling. "Why Lanten, what makes you think I had anything to do with that? 'Lina picked that dress out on her own." She then leans closer to him and continues with a twinkle in her eye, "However, I did pick out her shoes!"

She then turns to watch Edan and recalls a talk with 'Lina before concerning the scholar. She remembers how the paladin talked about the scholar and could not help but chuckle. "Ohhh Lanten, I think Edan will be quite safe from any lady. I suspect there is an angel watching over him." She glances at 'Lina and winks at Lanten, making it clear to him just who his angel is.


Male Human

A few minutes after Edan stands to watch the dancing a rather corpulent well dressed woman, with her breasts falling out of her too small outfit every way they can, surprises him by grabbing his arm as she dances by and pulls him out onto the dance floor, crushing him to her bosom. She is obviously a few drinks in and starts mumbling into his ear once she has him in her grasp.

Edan:
"Oh, aren't you just a daaaaaarling. You look so out of place here dear, so innocent. I just want to gobble you up."

Suddenly she starts trying to kiss him on the neck.

At nearly the same moment a very well dressed man with an overly large codpiece steps before Lina's sitting form and bows to her with a rose held out to her. He is wearing a finely cut suit and a masquerade style mask. "My beautiful butterfly, your hair is the color of gold and you positively glow, I simply must be your escort for tonight. Grace me with your presence?" He maintains his bow until Lina responds or takes the rose.

The bartender hands Lanten his drinks without acknowledging his question.

A very well muscled man, wearing a outfit cut to pronounce that, while still looking tasteful, walks up to Lanten and Shari (from behind Lanten) Placing a ham sized hand on Lanten's shoulder he winks at Shari and says. "Beautiful miss, is this man bothering you? You obviously deserve better company then this ragamuffin, come and walk with me."


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

Can't stop laughing, reading 'Shari's and Lanten's talk about who possibly got 'Lina to act more lady like, not to mention the man eater who grabbed Edan.

Godelina is a little surprised at a man who appears so finely dressed to be in this place, let alone asking for a her specifically. Noticing the codpeice she assumes that it's stuffed, though she never understood why men would stuff codpeices, though she assumed it was the same reason women suffed bras.
"I am charmed by your words, good sir." she offers her hand out to be kissed "I would like to exchange names. A lady never gives her name, let alone anything else without a name, good sir."

Since 'Lina has no Knowledge nobility, I'll leave it up to the DM if he's so notable everyone knows him or not.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 This is to try and determin his intentions, though I think a blind catholic girl could probably guess them, but to also see if he is being truthful about the name he gives.

Diplomacy to hopefully make sure she's stepping lightly and not being too personal for asking for a name: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

You watch this, next combat we get into I'll be rolling natural 1s :p


Male Half-elven Fighter 3
Narrator of the lost Tomes wrote:
Placing a ham sized hand on Lanten's shoulder he winks at Shari and says. "Beautiful miss, is this man bothering you? You obviously deserve better company then this ragamuffin, come and walk with me."

Lanten starts to grin at 'Shari's coy words when the hand is placed upon is shoulder. The gaiety of the evening suddenly came to a halt, and Lanten went back to the same feeling he had this afternoon in the Drunken Urchin. While a brawl would normally just make him anxious, the man's words towards 'Shari made him angry - angry in a way he hadn't felt in awhile.

Whatever these jealous thoughts, he held his tongue for the moment - looking into 'Shari's eyes to gauge her reaction of her would-be suitor. Did she want to be "rescued," or deal with this matter herself? He also glanced to see if there was any reflection from which he could see the man. He gripped his glass very carefully - ready to smash it if it would give him an opening.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

'Shari is momentarily caught off guard by the approach of the drunken nobleman. Briefly she recalls tales told of how agressive the patrons were in their pursuits of pleasure. She pauses for a moment awaiting Lanten to defend her and is briefly confused when he does not react immediately.

It is with a start when she realized he is waiting for her approval, as if she wanted to be anywhere else other than with Lanten. She remembers her ex-boyfriend and the brawl which ensued one time after another sailor had propositioned her.

She glances at the inebriated nobleman wondering if she has ever met him or seen him before, and then she takes a sip of her wine before replying to the boor. "Actually, good sir, the only ragamuffin I see here is yourself! Kindly leave us be so we..." She slides her hand up Lanten's arm here, "may enjoy the rest of this evening together." She makes it clear who she wants to spend the evening with here.

Knowledge Local (to recognize the man.) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Diplomacy 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

Diplomacy:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7, K.(local) 10: 16
Edan's current location, and the woman's.. [i]Affectionate[/b] behavior was unsettling, and somewhat disturbing for him. While he was aware that some people had decided to act differently while here, this was.. not to his liking. At the kiss on the neck, he jumped, unable to help himself. Exerting some of his strength if he had to, he raised himself to at least a proper posture for this dance that he was partially distracted by. "Madam, while your actions are a compliment, are you not worried that such a display may be a bit... Overt?"

Inheritor, he hoped that 'Lina was nowhere near to see this.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3
'Shari Velnokal wrote:
She makes it clear who she wants to spend the evening with here.

As if on cue at her answer, Lanten turns around to face the man (with 'Shari at his side) and adds his own response. Habits made as guardsman suddenly come back.

If she were to glance at his hand, she would see that he tightly grips the stem of his glass - like the handle of a weapon. Any warmth is gone from his voice - his tone level and calm, but harsh. If she were to see his eyes, she would see his stare bears a cold and unwavering look - intended to be unnerve.

"The lady's spoken for, neighbor. I'd suggest you stop bothering her...put your drink down elsewhere, eh?"
Intimidate: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


Male Human

@Lina, He comes out of his bow with a grin on his face, hearing your response he proclaims, still holding out the rose rather awkwardly. "Why, I am Mistertique! Worlds greatest ladies man, for I exude the masculine mystique! It is a pleasure to meet your acquaintance Miss..."

@ Edan, the woman laughs as she continues to pull you around the dance floor with her, probably not even listening to what you say to her. You feel that if you do not escape her quickly this could turn into a very long night.

@Shari and Lanten, The man immediately backs down once he sees he is not welcome there, "Your loss miss." He states and then spits into Lanten's glass, turning and walking away.

No one seems to be paying any of you any particular attention other then to look at clothing and the like, everyone is caught up in their own revels or drunk. The lights dim a little and a bit of a strip tease starts on the stage and then moves into the dance floor and audience and now naked women are intermingled with the guests and dancers. You occasionally see one saunter off with a man or woman attached to their arm up to the second level. You notice that there are darker booths along the perimeter with curtains as well as booths in the upper level overlooking the dance floor and stage.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
Narrator of the lost Tomes wrote:

@Lina, He comes out of his bow with a grin on his face, hearing your response he proclaims, still holding out the rose rather awkwardly. "Why, I am Mistertique! Worlds greatest ladies man, for I exude the masculine mystique! It is a pleasure to meet your acquaintance Miss..."

@ Edan, the woman laughs as she continues to pull you around the dance floor with her, probably not even listening to what you say to her. You feel that if you do not escape her quickly this could turn into a very long night.

@Shari and Lanten, The man immediately backs down once he sees he is not welcome there, "Your loss miss." He states and then spits into Lanten's glass, turning and walking away.

No one seems to be paying any of you any particular attention other then to look at clothing and the like, everyone is caught up in their own revels or drunk. The lights dim a little and a bit of a strip tease starts on the stage and then moves into the dance floor and audience and now naked women are intermingled with the guests and dancers. You occasionally see one saunter off with a man or woman attached to their arm up to the second level. You notice that there are darker booths along the perimeter with curtains as well as booths in the upper level overlooking the dance floor and stage.

Good thing Godelina doesn't woreship the christian god, or she'd have to burn this place to the ground.

Godelina for a moment thinks it best to lie, but knowing the danger of if he figured her out she decides to give her real name, hoping he didn't hear about her or atleast think it's a coincidence of names.
"Evelyn. Godelina Evelyn, Mr Mistertique." she states and takes the rose off him, being careful of the thorns. She decides to take a sniff of the flower's scent. "What plans did you have in mind during this escort?"

Why is my spidey-sense going off over that flower?


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6
Narrator of the lost Tomes wrote:
@Shari and Lanten, The man immediately backs down once he sees he is not welcome there, "Your loss miss." He states and then spits into Lanten's glass, turning and walking away.

'Shari places a hand on Lanten's other hand forestalling his reaction to the crudity of the lecher. She eyes him as he walks away, filing his description for future reference. "What a boor he is, Lanten. Here allow me..." She picks up Lanten's wine glass and looks for a place to pour out the spoiled wine. Not seeing any, she waves a waitress over. "Please, can I get a new glass? Thank you very much."

As the waitress moves off to get a new glass, 'Shari turns to Lanten a warm look in her eyes. "I suppose we will have to share this glass until she returns." She fills up the goblet and hands it to him. "Don't mind the lipstick!" She giggles as she takes out her compact and touches up her makeup. As she brushes her face reapplying her blush, she glances in 'Lina's direction. "Who is that with her?"


Male Half-elven Fighter 3
'Shari Velnokal wrote:
'Shari places a hand on Lanten's other hand forestalling his reaction to the crudity of the lecher...'Shari turns to Lanten a warm look in her eyes. "I suppose we will have to share this glass until she returns...Who is that with her?"

There is a tension in Lanten's frame at the man's act and as he walks away. Something about his demeanor struck a nerve - maybe it was the man's insult, but moreso it had to do with how he had approached 'Shari and Lanten stood quietly by. Fearful that what?...they might be kicked out of the place...seemed hardly right. In any case, he felt ready to knock him on his behind just then. He tried to remember if he he'd ever seen the man before.

Knowledge(Local): 1d20 ⇒ 11

It was 'Shari's touch - like a light rain - that seemed to drain the stress and bring him back to the moment. He gave her a slight smile in relief, and took the offered glass. He seemed to be puzzling something before speaking:"'Shari, I-I want to 'pologize for not defending your honor sooner when that horse's ass stepped in. I didn't want to speak for ya like you were a 'kept' woman or somesuch. I hope that doesn't make you think I won't stand-up for you."

Before she can answer, he glances in the direction of 'Lina - trying to see if he can help 'Shari identify the masked man giving the paladin a rose. Knowledge(Local): 1d20 ⇒ 18


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

'Shari moves her hand down to cover his own hand, enjoying the warmth of his body. "Lanten, it's all right. You don't have to defend my honor as if I was your consort. I am not spoken for..." YET "so you did all right there." She smiles as she look into his eyes. "You may not believe this, but I have to deal with such asses all the time!"


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

Edan was unhappy at the situation that he had been literally pulled into, all while trying to not make it look so much like he was being dragged around the dance floor. When the song ended, he pulled back and stuck a smile on his face, giving her a courteous nod. "Thank you for the dance.. Shall I get a drink for the both of us?"

He was out of ideas after that, and simply fleeing was quickly rising to the top of his list of ideas, just under 'Avoid the dance floor'. There had to be a better thing to do in this place, and gambling was not on the list of considerations. If he could manage to escape, perhaps he could find a table a little out of the way to see if he could regain his bearings.

851 to 900 of 1,022 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Adventures from the Lost Tomes All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.