Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Adventures from the Lost Tomes

Game Master Dementia Walker


801 to 850 of 1,022 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>

Male Human

The girls find a higher end looking dress tent to look through the woman who greets them is nice enough and begins asking helpful questions to get the dress that they want.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3
Edan Crosier wrote:

"I appreciate the company and apologize that I have not been..", looking thoughtful, he settled on the most diplomatic word. "..as available as the others have been. Things are.. well, hectic."

Even still, Edan was glancing around...suspected there were people out there that were keeping track of them, and he felt like they were under a timer. "What do you need to do today?"

As the two women walk away and Lanten listens to Edan, he casually rubs his cheek where 'Shari kissed him. He snaps out of a slight reverie of watching the two of them go as Edan finishes his question. He starts with a smile:

"Don't worry about the company...sounds you've been busy learning magic, and I understad that's something that takes time. I'm glad for your cooler head - we'll need it to figure out what's going on. Also - don't feel like you have to stand on ceremony with me - I was a tavern rat for many years; ain't much I will be offended by." He pauses in thought to answer the second part of the conversation. He also looks around to make sure no one is listening and notices Edan glancing around as well.

"Good man - keep your ears sharp; might save your life. My thoughts are that to get into the black market, we need to have something no one wants to sell. Those scrolls, and maybe a couple of the gems, might be the in we need to make it happen. Ms Larakti said herself that she wouldn't sell magical items associated with a cult. So - if we can -we need to get the scrolls back from the Abbott. That's one thing..." He seems to hestitate, but then pulls a sheet of paper out. The folded sheet is a finely done illustration of a man who looks to be in his sixties; beard and grey-haired temples; a solid nose; and intense grey eyes.

"If you need to go to the Hall of Records, I may need your help. I am looking for this man, and just want to see if we have any luck finding anything out about him - records; reports; anything. I've had no luck finding anything at the City Watch office."

He seems to shrug at these idea and adds: "But none of this as pressing as you and 'Lina's affairs with this cult, so you'll get little demand from me - consider me your man-servant today." He finishes this last statement with a humble bow and grin.

Edan (Perception=DC 10):

Although its not quite detailed enough, the placement of the man's chin; nose and eyes makes it obvious that he is related to Lanten.

Edan (Perception=DC 15):

You've also seen enough such postings - particularly when it comes to Church business - to realize that the paper and the way the picture as been done makes it a Wanted or Bounty Sheet like might be found in Guard Posts or Jails. There is no lettering to indicate this - it looks like those details have been cut away.


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

Edan couldn't help the slight smile as he realized that he was finally able to get to the Hall of Records, and with any luck, at least a quarter of the day to do it in. The rest of the smile came from the thought of him having a man-servant. "That works well, then. I have the scrolls-- They are beneficial magic, regardless of the hand, or the source. I have to return to the temple anyway, to donate some of this.." He gestured with the bag that was holding the money that they gained from the curio shop, "..as well as purchase two things, neither of which would require something so grandiose as a manservant." The idea of him with a manservant was pretty far out in the realm of ideas.

Honestly, he was uncomfortable holding so much money in one place, and would rather have it safe within a building rather than be carrying it out in the open where he could be mugged. Trying to look casual, he glanced around again, and tried to look like he was carrying nothing of importance. To keep from thinking about it, he ran over the things that needed doing still.

"Records, Dryad, Lizardfolk, Orphanage, Temples, Museum", he said aloud, hoping that if he missed anything, Lanten would remind him. The list was shrinking, but if they found anything else that was related to the cult, he would start worrying more. Reminding himself that he should not be trying to borrow trouble, he looked around at what he could see of the town, closing his eyes slightly at the breeze that hinted of warmer days still before winter would arrive.


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

'Shari walks up and down the aisles in the tent, marvelling at the beautiful gowns on display. One of them caught her eye; a slinky black evening dress slit up to the waist, a shimmering satin. She blushed as she imagined herself wearing it while dancing for Lanten...

Hurriedly moving away from the dress, she asks the shop manager "Excuse me, I was in here yesterday and I wanted you to help find a nice dress for my friend here." She introduces her to the shop seamstress, "This is my friend Godelina, she is not used to shopping for dresses, can you help her out?"


Male Human

@ Edan/Lanten you head toward city hall and once entering ask to be lead to the records vaults, Let me know exactly what you are looking for and a few knowledge rolls that you think would be applicable and I will let you know what you find. +5 bonus for using the record vaults.

@ Shari/Lina "Sure, sure, of course darling, what are you needing the dress for? I saw you eying that black one over there, wouldn't do very well on her, she is already so pale that would just make her look ghostly."


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

'Shari giggles, "Yes, she would look like a ghost in that dress! Like she needs any more help in attracting attention to herself! I was thinking of something in a shade of blue..." As she continues explaining what 'Lina would look nice in, she returns to the black satin gown and holds it against her slender body. "We have a date at The Dryad later this week, and we need to look our best for our dates!" She emphasizes the last word for 'Lina's benefit. "Also, we'll need new shoes, of course!"


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

Lanten could hear a sigh of relief from Edan once they arrived and entered the Hall of Records. There was definitely a pleased smile on his face and a spring to his step that was not there before. Entirely buoyed by confidence, he found a table and claimed it, looking to Lantan and gesturing to the opposite chair. As this was a hall of records, Edan accorded it the same rules as a Library, and spoke in a hushed tone. "As you are accompanying me, your concern should be addressed first. I would suggest finding any of the guard's records of wanted individuals first, there may be pictures included in their records, and if they are sealed to the public, you should still be able to access them. I will be looking for what information I can on enrollment in the various churches, and their tax information going back a year."

Edan sounded like he did not know that he was going to be buried up to his ears in paper that was most likely to be covered in a series of names and numbers, given the light in his eyes and the anticipatory smile on his face. "I may have to check the records of the Council's votes as well.. Actually, I might start there, and see if anything stands out. If we get nothing then..." There was a calculating look on his face as his mind chased down the various threads of possibilities and even he looked a little bit distasteful at the prospect. "..Things might have to get a bit dirty."

Straightening, Edan cast his eyes around the Hall as he rolled up the sleeves on his shirt, then stopped when he realized that he could do it with magic. A snap of his fingers, and a spoken word, his sleeves rolled themselves up neatly to his elbows, and he cracked his knuckles with a grin. "Shall we?", he invited, gesturing to the shelves and shelves of paper around them.
I am making a few assumptions here.
One: They passed by the temple of Iomedae, letting Edan drop off the money. While there, Edan purchased a silver holy symbol to go around his neck, and it will become his Bonded Item.
Two: Edan amidst all of that, got Lanten the scrolls he wanted. The gems may require asking the abbot.
(Edan will cast Guidance on himself and Lanten before they begin)
Knowledge(Local):1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 1 = 13
Knowledge(Religion):1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Knowledge(Arcana):1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
'Shari Velnokal wrote:
'Shari giggles, "Yes, she would look like a ghost in that dress! Like she needs any more help in attracting attention to herself! I was thinking of something in a shade of blue..." As she continues explaining what 'Lina would look nice in, she returns to the black satin gown and holds it against her slender body. "We have a date at The Dryad later this week, and we need to look our best for our dates!" She emphasizes the last word for 'Lina's benefit. "Also, we'll need new shoes, of course!"

Godelina nods when being told she'd look like some kind of apparition in that dress. She listens to what 'Shari says, still clueless about their dates but at the mention of shoes she has a quizzical look on her face.

"What's wrong with my boots?" she asks. Currently she is wearing boots that come magically with the armour but you have seen her normal boots which are a pair of old rough leather boots. Fine footware if you're a man who spends his days in a tavern, but certainly not lady-like. "Do you mean those high heeled things? I've never worn them before and will need to learn how to balance."


Male Human
Edan Crosier wrote:

I am making a few assumptions here.

One: They passed by the temple of Iomedae, letting Edan drop off the money. While there, Edan purchased a silver holy symbol to go around his neck, and it will become his Bonded Item.
Two: Edan amidst all of that, got Lanten the scrolls he wanted. The gems may require asking the abbot.

These assumptions are fine, you were unable to ask about the gems as of yet since the Abbot was busy with his daily routine.

Looking through the records you were unable to find anything about Lanten's father in the prison records so you know he was not arrested, and they do not take names of the non-citizens that they charge a tax for visiting the city. You think you might possibly have better luck asking around bars about him since he used to own one and could have worked at one while passing through.

what were you using the religion and arcana rolls to find out?

Just by chance you happen upon the same yearbook that you found in the Temple of Nethys and while flipping through it again you notice that the picture of the mage/'sculptor' that you were trying to track down was not in this book and there was no mention of him graduating the mages academy...

@The girls
The shop owner shows you a number of blue dresses ranging from deep sea blue to sky blue, all of them beautiful in their own way, along with simple slipper style shoes to match. She apologizes but says her skills are not in making the heeled shoes.


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

'Shari's face shows her disappointment when the shop owner says she does not sell heels. "Oh well, we can buy them someplace else. I can take you to where I bought mine, 'Lina."

She looks at 'Lina, "I can tell you right now Edan would love you in any of those dresses, as you look lovely in blue. As for the heels..." her face furrows in concentration as she chews on a braid. "I think you could get away with slippers, but it is certainly not as stylish as wearing heels would be. My advice to you is to get a pair of them and practice wearing them. As you say it is a balance issue."


Male Half-elven Fighter 3
Edan Crosier wrote:
"Records, Dryad, Lizardfolk, Orphanage, Temples, Museum", he said aloud, hoping that if he missed anything, Lanten would remind him. The list was shrinking, but if they found anything else that was related to the cult, he would start worrying more...There was definitely a pleased smile on his face and a spring to his step that was not there before. Entirely buoyed by confidence...

My apologies for being out of the loop; I am still doing some traveling until next Wednesday and my access has been limited.

Lanten follows Edan, nodding at his list of things to do. Whereas the cleric was buoyed by the thought of mounds of books and scroll, Lanten seemed nervous...the thought of scanning so much material looked intimdating. He was man who listened to the sounds of a city; a tavern; or a market for information - gossip and rumors. Still - he knew this was important - to himself and his new friends.

So, he started looking as well. He whistled softly, trying not to distract anyone, as he worked.

While Edan looked at watch records for individuals, Lanten focused on things that might be unusual in the watch's records. He knew about average things like brawls or complait reports. He was looking for incident reports: Strange missing persons; unusual assaults; unsual robberies - something that might tie into a stranger (like his father) or group of strangers.

He was also looking at the money trail and how it might relate to what he knew about Saltmarsh. Did the Flounder Pounder get unusual deliveries; was there someone in town who suddenly had more money - maybe due to followers giving them money instead to a church; or maybe a business that had sales that were unsusual for its size - something that might imply a front for a black market; any public officials with a sudden financial windfall; or were there any ships with unusual cargo (or lack thereof).

Knowledge(History): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Knowledge(Local): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Taking a guess here - am I reaching too much?...don't know if it will help anymore than what Edan has done.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
'Shari Velnokal wrote:

'Shari's face shows her disappointment when the shop owner says she does not sell heels. "Oh well, we can buy them someplace else. I can take you to where I bought mine, 'Lina."

She looks at 'Lina, "I can tell you right now Edan would love you in any of those dresses, as you look lovely in blue. As for the heels..." her face furrows in concentration as she chews on a braid. "I think you could get away with slippers, but it is certainly not as stylish as wearing heels would be. My advice to you is to get a pair of them and practice wearing them. As you say it is a balance issue."

Godelina smiles as she starts wondering if it won't be too hard to walk in the high heels. She blushes a deep red when 'Shari mentions that Edan would love her in any of those dresses.

"He does- I mean he will?" she asks, biting her lip nervously. "That...would be nice to know." she merely nods, though it's obvious she's trying to ignore that trail of thought. "I'll take the blue one then, since you insist."


Male Human

Though Edan's search for information on Lanten's father proves fruitless, he did turn up the oddity about the supposed wizard that they were looking into. He also finds that other then the Gladiatorial temple, and temple of magic, all the temples based solely on religion have seen a similar decline in numbers over the last few months as his own.

Lanten however, due to his time with the guard, most likely, turns up a few drunk in public citations about a man similar in description to his father. Though after the fine was paid he can find no more mention of this man.


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

The more he read, the more Edan was frowning, a "hmm" followed by the shuffling of the books and scrolls as he compared points with other records, looking back and forth at the numbers indicating the decline. The Temple of Nethys, he could understand, as well as the Church of Gorum, ans those offered services or entertainment beyond worship. This was worrying, though.

While the decline in church attendance may not have been much in some cases, when viewed as a total number, it was dismaying. There was roughly enough people to make a small church of their own.. Not good news, but at least he had more to report to Priestess Ivessa. Sighing, Edan put the scroll down and ran his hands through his hair, looking away from the papers and just up at the ceiling, focusing on nothing in particular. He was sure 'Lina was probably learning to enjoy herself more with 'Shari urging her on, and as far as he was concerned, they could shop all they liked.

Sitting up with a look of realization on his face, the thought that he did not have clothes properly "dressy" enough made him hope that they were not planning on going to the Dryad tonight. He looked over to Lanten, whose few scrolls were dwarfed by the amount that he had, and began rolling up ones he did not need anymore. "Any luck?"


Male Half-elven Fighter 3
Edan Crosier wrote:
He looked over to Lanten, whose few scrolls were dwarfed by the amount that he had, and began rolling up ones he did not need anymore. "Any luck?"

Lanten scanned many of the reports - stuff akin to what he is usually asked to write and post. There is a certain...cadence to the writing of guards who would rather be done with their business - short words; use of 'we' alot - that kind of thing. Although there were some hints that piqued his interest - nothing concrete.

He grew restless; but seeing the young cleric working intently made him stay focused. Like Edan, he occasionally thought of the girls and their shopping; of 'Shari and her sky blue eyes - he smiled at the thought even as Edan ask him about his efforts; his tone was flat as he gave an assessment.

"Not great, I'm afraid - no trace of big spending or new buildings that might explain a black market or support of a cult. The only thing I came across is this," he shows Edan two simple sheets from a public disorderly conduct report. "Drunk man in these reports describe the man I showed you a picture of; means he's alive and here somewhere. That's about all I've got."

"How about you - any thoughts or interesting things?"


Male Human

I will update tomorrow


Male Human

Shari and Lina get one of the many blue dresses that she tried on and a pair of slipper type blue shoes to match, just in case they cant find any heels. [/ooc]You can decide what the dress looks like, cost 5gp, your shopping probably took an hour or two. You have about an hr and a half to burn prior to Edan and Lanten getting done with records.[/ooc]

Lanten and Edan pool their knowledge about what they researched and think that it is strange that the wizard would be in the year book at the temple but not the same year book at the hall of records. You also figure that if you ask around at the bar that the drunken citation was taken at you may find some information on Lanten's father. I have a name for said bar, just have to look it up and don't have the time right now, lots more time this weekend. Finally, you figure that whoever is running this cult obviously is not putting money back into Saltmarsh's economy so it must be leaving the city by some other means...

Let me know what you want to do next and we will move on from here. Unless you have some specific things you want to do where you are at.


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

'Shari will pick up that black evening gown, and if 'Lina doesn't object she can get a pair of heels as well. (Heck 'Shari is turning into a fashion diva, he he.) If 'Lina doesn't need anything else, then 'Shari will tag along wherever 'Lina wants to go.

"We should see if we can get reservations at the Dryad this week, 'Lina." 'Shari says as the storekeeper boxes up their purchases.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

'Lina, wanting to make the best impression follows 'Shari to find a pair of heels and to then practive as 'Shari's tavern, in her room or at the temple, which ever is closest. It's obvious 'Lina has never worn them before and tries her best at balance.

dex: 1d20 ⇒ 8

Once or twice it appears as if she's about to fall over, but after half an hour of practicing she seems to have it down.

I hope half an hour is realistic. I was thinking an hour would be too much.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Lanten ponders the information they have before them, and scratches his chin. "Too many scents throws the dogs off...," he mumbles - thinking that they have many threads, but nothing that stands out.

"Seems, Master Edan, that we need to ask some questions, you at the temple and I at the bar if we are to pursue these leads on these people."
"Aside from that, looks like the temples are losing people and where they are all going isn't clear. I'm beginning to think that there maybe someone higher up that has a hand in this. Saltmarsh has a city council - typical of Andoran I suppose, but what else? Anybody that might be considered highly important."

Knowledge(Nobility): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Just wondering if there are any noble families that consider themselves the 'founding families' or something that elevates their status in town and what their reputations might be like.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Depending on what that turns up, Lanten asks Edan: "Do we want to look into that wizard's appearance in the yearbook or move on for now?I'm thinking we should look into making arrangements to get into the Dryad soon, especially if a certain Aasimari lady is going to all the trouble of getting herself 'decked' out." He mentions the last with a joking smile and a wink - picturing 'Lina trying to figure out where she can strap a longsword on a evening dress.


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

Edan looked blindsided by Lanten's summary of the information that they had acquired. "That's what I was missing!", he exclaimed, throwing his hands up before he remembered where he was, looking around sheepishly. Clearing his throat with slight chagrin (never mind the tinge of red on his face), he continued in a lower tone, filling Lanten in on some of his speculations, specifically with the church of Gorum, and Nethys. "However, your mention of a noble would not only provide a location for the others to meet-- I doubt they all have personal shrines-- but will also provide a defense against any cursory inquiries, at least."

The mention of the wizard gave him pause and he sighed, deflated. "Still too many threads.. I would ask if we would rather check on the individuals before checking on the locales?" There was color lingering on Edan's cheeks, but he was quiet following his question.

"..I think I need better clothes, if we are going to visit the Dryad", he grudged.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3
Edan Crosier wrote:

...I would ask if we would rather check on the individuals before checking on the locales?" There was color lingering on Edan's cheeks, but he was quiet following his question.

"..I think I need better clothes, if we are going to visit the Dryad", he grudged.

Lanten hides a small grin at Edan's redness as he goes through some records - looking for anything on Saltmarsh's nobility. He responds to Edan's suggestions: "Fair enough, we can check out the individuals first..." he starts as he looks around. "As for clothes, I think I know of a tailor that can help us with that." He thinks of his own clothes - aside from his leather-lined doublet, he could use a new shirt and possibly some pants.

Hope the GM will continue to point us in the direction of a clothes shop once we are done.


Male Human

@ Lanten

You are able to get information on who the current nobles are but not much information on them. Timertikos, Andrigal, Ambermead, Lassiter, Rasivath, Aeltyn, Fastralli, and Aerakin are their family names. You know that at least one of them can trace their name back to one of the founding heros of Saltmarsh.

After leaving the house of records, Unless you want to chase down another lead. you make make your way down to the market with Edan and find a clothing stall selling fancier men's clothes.


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

Seeing a tailor was a somewhat foreign concept to Edan. Not quit a "I have never done this" experience, rather than a "I'm doing this for clothes that are not church-related" experience. So he looked a little out of his element, letting Lanten do all of the talking. He was also certain that he was going to be shocked at the price that got quoted once they selected their clothing-- his shirt had seen better days, though.

Actually, if he was to be completely honest with himself, all of his clothes had seen better days. The ones that he was wearing were from a little before his growth spurt ended. While they were not small exactly, there was a reason that he was careful with his movements. "These are... Nice." he said, looking with slight longing at the fine fabrics of the clothes. "Do we need to get any specific colors?"

While he was looking at the clothing, his stomach growled, the smell of a nearby pastry stall selling meat pies serving to distract him, aided by the salt breeze. Granted, he could not quite place which type of meat it was, but he was also not especially picky.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

Godelina seems to struggle with the heels, though with help from 'shari she appears to be getting a better grasp at how a woman is expected to walk in these things.
"I don't understand why women don't just wear boots? They're easier to wear and function in any terrain." she points out after one moment where she nearly completely fell over, but the rest of the time she appears to be fine and no longer wabbling. "I hope Edan- I mean the guys appreciate what we have to do, to try and go in unnoticed."

Dex: 1d20 ⇒ 14

Just saying i'm still here and paying attention.


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

'Shari gives her friend an encouraging smile. "Don't worry about it, 'Lina. The reason why women wear these heels is not for their own benefit but for the benefit of those men who like to watch the female form...move. " She giggles, "Of course, in your case, I would stay very close to Edan when we go there." She pulls a braid in her mouth and absentmindedly chews on it. "I would not try to run in them yet though...Probably want to take them off first, he he."


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
'Shari Velnokal wrote:
'Shari gives her friend an encouraging smile. "Don't worry about it, 'Lina. The reason why women wear these heels is not for their own benefit but for the benefit of those men who like to watch the female form...move. " She giggles, "Of course, in your case, I would stay very close to Edan when we go there." She pulls a braid in her mouth and absentmindedly chews on it. "I would not try to run in them yet though...Probably want to take them off first, he he."

"What do you mean the female form? How do shoes help that?" she askes, unaware of how high heels alter the perception of a woman's body "eitherway, I certainly wouldn't run with them on. I can't imagine why anyone would."


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6
Godelina Evelyn wrote:
"What do you mean the female form? How do shoes help that?" she askes, unaware of how high heels alter the perception of a woman's body "eitherway, I certainly wouldn't run with them on. I can't imagine why anyone would."

'Shari laughs, "Usually it is either to run away from some undesired suitor, or to chase after them! Still, I think if I were you I would just give them your patented glare, should one decide to get TOO close."


Male Human

Just waiting on Lanten.


Male Human

If he hasn't posted by tomorrow I will just NPC him until he gets back.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Apologies for the delay - I just finished my traveling and have finally gotten back home and into my regular schedule. Sorry to hold things up.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3
Edan Crosier wrote:
Seeing a tailor was a somewhat foreign concept to Edan."These are... Nice." he said, looking with slight longing at the fine fabrics of the clothes. "Do we need to get any specific colors?"

Arriving at the tailor shop, Lanten was hardly in his element either - his experiences in Cheliax were that clothing was practical. Standing out was for nobles or big merchants; not swordsmen or tavern keepers. Still...he looked at Edan's bookish demeanor and knew the young man needed help.

His eyes focused on Edan as he rubbed his chin in thought. Immediately, he thought of 'Lina and how he should frame him to match her appearance. Unless he dressed in garish colors, Edan would never stand out compared to her and he seemed at ease being her companion and defender.

"If the Dryad's the place I think it is, its about style as much as color." He pointed to a fine linen shirt of darker white matched with a nicely cut vest of dark blue with white linings. "Given your holy vocation, this combination would match I think. If 'Lina were to wear blue or white, this combination places you as her companion without making you seem...too attached to her."

He turns to another ensemble - this one a jerkin of dark crimson and gold trim with an undershirt of light tan. "This one would make you stand out more, but still compliments her golden hair and eyes - more of a statement but not too much, I think."

As he glances at Edan's bewildered face, he impulsively announces to the tailor: "Good sir! This young man is in need of getting fitted for a lovely evening with a young lass of incredible charms. Can you be of service to us?"


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

While accurate, Lanten's words made him realize that while outside of the church, there were social graces to be observed, and the written and unwritten rules of society were going to be held against them and they would be judged appropriately. Those thoughts then led him to consider just how he wanted to present himself, both to 'Lina, and the world that they would be encountering. There was a slight blush on his face as he considered his relationship to the golden-haired paladin of their goddess.

This was going to require some discussion. Discussion and Thought. Thought and Planning and Discussion. So lost was Edan in his thoughts that he missed Lanten's words at about the time he picked up the dark red jerkin, and looked up to see Lanten looking towards the tailor.

Fischer the Tailor wrote:

The tailor was a slim man, thin of build, with deft hands of long fingers and a knowledgeable look in his eye. His short hair was dark and thinning, combed backwards and induced to remain that way with some oil, perhaps. There was a piece of sturdy twine that was knotted at regular intervals draped around his neck, while his manner was controlled with a stiffness to his posture. It was uncertain whether that may have suggested either military training, or a deep regard for his craft that might be able to be summed up with the word "dedicated". His steps were crisp and precise, as he came around the counter, the working vest he wore having several pockets more than the norm, over a tan shirt that was-- while elegantly stitched-- more practical than decorative.

"Sirs. Of service I can indeed be", The tailor said coming to stand a respectful distance from Edan and Lanten, looking them both over circumspectly. "A fitting for this young man?", he said with a hint of an accent. Taldan? With his tone and manner, it would seem like he would have brushed shoulders with nobles.

Sizing up Edan, a look of recognition came over his face and he looked to Lanten with a slight smile. "Ah, I recognize this young man.. You accompany the golden-haired lass, the paladin!" The smile grew a bit, possibly in appreciation as he looked back to Lanten, courteously ignoring Edan's fidget at being positively recognized. "Would this happen to be the 'lass of incredible charms'?"

Uncertain about how to delineate NPC fluffery with Edan's actions, so I quoted.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

young lass of incredible charms? I didn't know Edan was also dating 'Shari. Would make things very awkward, lol.


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

Hey! Leave poor 'Shari alone! She only has three guys she is interested in, he he.


Male Human
'Shari Velnokal wrote:
Hey! Leave poor 'Shari alone! She only has three guys she is interested in, he he.

I could throw in a 4th ;p

Lanten and Edan
in the interest of speeding things along, the tailor is able to fit both of you in outfits fitting what you desire after a bit of tailoring they look like they were made for you. He gives you the option of wearing them out or getting them bagged up. After you recieve the clothing you make your way where you will.

It is a little past lunch time at this point in the day.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3
Godelina Evelyn wrote:
young lass of incredible charms? I didn't know Edan was also dating 'Shari. Would make things very awkward, lol.

Oh - I can think of a couple of charms that 'Lina has. ;-) Basically Lanten's teasing Edan while he can; the lad needs a poke back from his deep thinking. LOL!

Also - glad Edan reposted what the Tailor said - none of that showed up when I looked on the board.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3
Fischer the Tailor wrote:

The tailor was a slim man, thin of build, with deft hands of long fingers and a knowledgeable look in his eye.

"Sirs. Of service I can indeed be", The tailor said coming to stand a respectful distance from Edan and Lanten, looking them both over circumspectly. "A fitting for this young man?", he said with a hint of an accent.

Sizing up Edan, a look of recognition came over his face and he looked to Lanten with a slight smile. "Ah, I recognize...You accompany the golden-haired lass, the paladin!" "Would this happen to be the 'lass of incredible charms'?"

Remaining chatty while also considering the man, Lanten smiled in thought: Gossip is in an interesting thing...it can sometimes tell you things you couldn't ask directly...

"Indeed, good sir. We want this young man to make a good impression," he adds with a wink towards Edan. He chats the man up as he goes about preparing Edan's outfit -whichever he chooses- and tries to keep the conversation casual but trying to see how much of an impression 'Lina and Edan have made in town that a local tailor knows of both of them.

"I hear she's quite striking...but surely he couldn't have made such an impression that you'd remember him as well. What have they done lately that has caught your eye? Have the washer women been chirping about again, eh?"

Etc., etc...Just trying to figure who's been talking about them...Lanten has no idea what kind of impression they have made and who might have noticed.

Bluff: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Knowledge(Local): 1d20 ⇒ 20

For himself, chooses a dark-grey jerkin and navy trim to wear. At the suggestion, he suggests the tailor pack their new attire for now and casually pays the man for both of their suits. If the information proves helpful, he also adds a small tip as thanks for the insights.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Leaving the shop, Lanten sees Edan's hungered look for the nearby meat pies and considers his own need for a quick bite.

"Com'n - lets get some lunch and then head for the -Tavern DM mentioned but didn't name. Want to see if anyone knows the man I looked up in those public drunkeness reports. After that, maybe its time to visit your wizard friends to find out more about that errant Wizard artist. (who's name I forget). Or perhaps see if we can get access to the Dryad soon before we get decked out, eh?"


Male Human

I don't know who added the tailors post, it was not me, I also do not know who took it down. I will use it but ignore the part about him recognizing you. Most of what you guys have done is not public knowledge yet and there really wouldn't be a reason that 'commoners' recognized you yet. The tavern is the Drunken Urchin, The wizards name is Desthen Clorisal.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

OK - disregard my prodding then. I assumed it was town gossip, etc. Thanks for the information.

Lanten offers Edan one of the meat pies as he takes a bite of one - which turns out to be some mixture of fish meats as opposed to cattle."Tastes like codfish, best you don't ask which parts...it's all the same once they grind it together. Pastry's decent enough," he states matter of factly.


Male Human

I apologize, my work schedule has drastically changed but I am still putting in close to 13 hrs a day, hopefully things will settle down soon and I can get back to regular updates.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

OK - I was starting to get wonder why it was so quiet the last few days. Unless Edan has some suggested plans, I recommend we just move on to make inquiries at the bar and then go on to investigate the wizard some more. That or head over to the Dryad to see about making sure we can get in.


Male Human

Lanten and Edan head to the Drunken Urchin.

This seedy-looking, run-down building houses a popular tavern that caters mostly to fishers and traveling merchants from the nearby marketplace the Drunken Urchin is infamous throughout Saltmarsh for its house special, urchin wine. A huge sign above the bar shows a sea urchin floating in a large glass of red wine as a particularly pleased looking man drinks from it. This concoction is rather foul, but the locals get a big kick out of tricking visitors into trying it.

A crusty old salt named Ankus Akalvin runs the drunken urchen. The light in the common area is rather low as you walk in and as soon as he sees Lanten he shouts "Oy! You, we don't need you here, get out, NOW!" As he shouts some of the bigger men begin to stand and move toward the two of you.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Although he is a little taken by the response, Lanten's instincts know what to do in a bar fight - having seen or been in many growing up. As quickly as possible, he assess his opponents; any loose mugs or crockery he can reach for; and any possible tables or chairs he can kick over.

He mumbles to Edan: "Get ready to run or grab a chair depending on what happens here," and the he raises his arms and gives a mild smile. He tries to make sure the thugs get no closer than necessary to make a break for it.

"What are you about, Akalvin? I ain't been in the Urhcin in months - so what gives, eh? What beef have you got with me?

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13


Male Human

Akalvin, having turned away after yelling at you expecting his men too throw you out turns back around. "Eh? Oh I am sorry I though that you were someone else that we had trouble with a while back. You look mighty similar to him but you are far too young and a lot less drunk." With that he waves at the men that were moving towards you and they sit back down to their drinks. "Here, have a drink on the house for the mix up." he says putting a glass of scotch on the counter.


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

Edan could not fake his reactions any more than he would be inclined to lie, so when Lanten got shouted at, he jumped and looked between the two men, both eyebrows raised. He probably took a step back also, but that may have been an unconscious gesture. Part of him wanted to be glib, and offer Lanten a humorous comment in reference to his reception, but the words did not come, and the moment passed. He did turn and look behind them, though. It would be particularly unfortunate if they did attempt to turn and run, only to be met with more men that had decided that hostility was the most practical course of action.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3
Narrator of the lost Tomes wrote:
"Eh? Oh I am sorry I though that you were someone else that we had trouble with a while back...have a drink on the house for the mix up"

Lanten attempts to remain casual and friendly to the man, hoping that he might get some insight. "Well now, that's a touch better a reception; thanks for the drink. Give my friend here whatever he wants...except the urchin wine...wouldn't want to have to drag him out of here by his boots," Lanten gives the bar owner a grin as he takes the drink.

"So this old fella looked like me, eh? Just so happens I'm lookin' fer me uncle, and I know he likes his drink - been over every bar looking for him. Sorry to hear he caused you a fuss," Lanten casually leans in and hands him a couple of gold pieces and mutters, "fer yer troubles."

"Ma wants him back home, so you remember him sayin' where he was going or what he was doing aroun' these parts in his drunken rant? Do me solid here, and I'll make sure he doesn't come back here and cause a stink, eh? Save you trouble and men; money, maybe?" Lanten casually has a gold coin wedged in his fingers - hadly noticable to most but obvious to the barman as a "tip."

Bluff: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


Male Human

Akalvin looks at you a bit suspiciously but then shrugs. "Well it was about 6 months ago now" (I think that was before you came to the city, if not add on months until it is haha.) "he seemed harmless enough at first, he seemed really excited coming in here and always asked for our best alcohol. One of my men got suspicious one day and followed him after he left. Well he took a round about way to my competitions place." Akalvin gets really bitter at this point. Mumbling to himself, "Damned dwarf comes out of nowhere and seems to think that he can take over my customers by under selling me?!? Bah! At any rate we keep an eye on him for a few weeks and then he comes busting in here all wild-eyed and drunk looking like he got into a fight screaming about burning this place to the ground. Some of my men roughed him up and called the guard. I think they just fined him and took him home, haven't seen him since though."


Male Half-elven Fighter 3
Narrator of the lost Tomes wrote:
Well he took a round about way to my competitions place."[/b] Akalvin gets really bitter at this point. Mumbling to himself, [b]"Damned dwarf comes out of nowhere.

Do I have any idea who is he's talking about before I ask him? Knowledge(local): 1d20 ⇒ 12

801 to 850 of 1,022 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Adventures from the Lost Tomes All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.