Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Adventures from the Lost Tomes

Game Master Dementia Walker


751 to 800 of 1,022 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>

Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
Edan Crosier wrote:
Godelina Evelyn wrote:
"No evil can stop the power of the Inheritor and if such a creature appears you can take shelter behind me. I refuse to allow my friends get harmed. That goes for you two, too." she states as she looks from Lanten to Edan.

Edan's words are simple, and was looking directly at 'Lina when he met her look with one of his own, as well as a slight smile. "At your side, Paladin." Given his tone, it was more than just a statement of reassurance, but that was to be expected, as it was their mission that they were still on.

Lanten's explanation surprised him, but he smiled, knowing that one so set against devils and those who would ally themselves with them was a good fit for this group.

His story was known by all but Lanten, however, he thought it was fairly obvious, so Edan turned to the chest and sighed. "Well, better see what is in this, and take inventory before we leave." Looking over his shoulder at Lanten, he shrugged. "Mine is pretty simple. I serve the church, and keep her--" teasing slightly, he motioned his head towards 'Lina with a mischievous grin. --out of trouble and grounded." Kneeling down, he opened the chest, expecting to find the items laid out by the Head Mage.

She looks a little flustered at him saying about keeping her out of trouble and grounded.

"Is that the reason?!" she puts her hands on her hips and narrows her eyes "A Paladin doesn't get into trouble. She finds trouble and brings law and order to the Chaos. I do not cause trouble." she states in a matter-of-fact way, but gives a smile to show that no feelings are hurt.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3
'Shari Velnokal wrote:
...Clearly she feels a kinship with these friends. She hesitantly takes his hand with hers, "Thanks for believing me, Lanten."

Bracing for the worst, a certain amount of relief eases out of Lanten's shoulders at the generally warm response he gets. A certain amount of shocked redness and a flash of anger crosses his face as 'Shari takes his hand and tells her own story. He nods at her explanation. He stays focused on her - hoping it helps, but answers for all to hear.

"It's been a good thing to help you; and I thank you for your trust in me. I ain't much for holy smiting or book-learning," he says with a grin towards Edan and 'Lina, "but you have my swords and my skills for what it's worth." He finishes with a reassuring smile to 'Shari - hoping it will cheer her up.

Edan Crosier wrote:
"Mine is pretty simple. I serve the church, and keep her--" teasing slightly, he motioned his head towards 'Lina with a mischievous grin. --out of trouble and grounded."

At Edan's addition, Lanten responds in a mirthful tone: "Well now...how you going to manage to do any training then? That's a full time job by itself from what I hear..." He finishes this with a grin and wink at 'Lina.


Male Human

@Edan

None of the Scrolls are actually evil as far as you can tell, just buffing spells given by an evil god.

Looking into your new chest of supplies you find a spell component pouch stuffed full of common strange spell ingredients. Your new spell book, which as you flip through it you see it has all 0 level spells as well as all the 1st lvl Abjuration spells, Grease, Mage armor, Comprehend Languages, Identify, Burning Hands, Magic Missile, Chill Touch, Ray of Enfeeblement, Magic Weapon, and Expeditious retreat. Under these items are some blank scrolls and supplies to make a few. One blank book for notes, 3 robes in the typical mage fashion, and writing supplies. At the very bottom of the chest are 3 hard bound books; Magical Theory, True Magical Potential, and Protection and Abjuration. In the last book is a piece of paper folded up, at the top is printed the seal of magical studies and underneath is a schedule listing various lectures on their given days and when they are throughout the day.

Everybody

After Edan finishes looking through the trunk you all head out to find the Abbot to show him your findings. He listens to your story and looks at the scrolls, dagger, and gems. "Well normally I would say it was a bad idea to take items from the scene of a crime but in this case I would say it was for the best. You were probably the best people to be able to discover what these items where. Leave them with me and I will make sure that Lyra gets them."


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Narrator of the lost Tomes wrote:

@Edan

None of the Scrolls are actually evil as far as you can tell, just buffing spells given by an evil god.

Looking into your new chest of supplies you find a spell component pouch stuffed full of common strange spell ingredients. Your new spell book, which as you flip through it you see it has all 0 level spells as well as all the 1st lvl Abjuration spells, Grease, Mage armor, Comprehend Languages, Identify, Burning Hands, Magic Missile, Chill Touch, Ray of Enfeeblement, Magic Weapon, and Expeditious retreat. Under these items are some blank scrolls and supplies to make a few. One blank book for notes, 3 robes in the typical mage fashion, and writing supplies. At the very bottom of the chest are 3 hard bound books; Magical Theory, True Magical Potential, and Protection and Abjuration. In the last book is a piece of paper folded up, at the top is printed the seal of magical studies and underneath is a schedule listing various lectures on their given days and when they are throughout the day.

Everybody

After Edan finishes looking through the trunk you all head out to find the Abbot to show him your findings. He listens to your story and looks at the scrolls, dagger, and gems. "Well normally I would say it was a bad idea to take items from the scene of a crime but in this case I would say it was for the best. You were probably the best people to be able to discover what these items where. Leave them with me and I will make sure that Lyra gets them."

I'm confused, I thought the Abbot was Llyra?


Male Human

She is in charge of the church, as well as being one of salt marshes counselors, but she is not the Abbot. Besides the fact that Abbot means 'father,' she is too busy splitting her attention between the town and the church to make an effective full time head. The office may also be given as an honorary title to a clergyman who is not actually the head of a monastery. The female equivalent is abbess.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Lanten seems relieved that he won't have to talk again so soon with his superiors about a matter he supposed to stay out of. With a touch of a sarcastic tone, "Well...I'm free for the day. Anyone up for a tour of the swamplands?"

He then adds a little more directly. "I don't know if Edan needs time to study his new books and such, but otherwise it sounds like we can be about checking on things. Something about the City Hall of Records, or another temple in town? I'd like to get a look at that Orphanage; maybe keep on eye on the comings and goings for a bit. The fact that the couple was looking to adopt from there, plus all the rumors makes my head itch." Lanten absent-mindedly scratches his right arm he says this.

Sounds like we got that matter resolved so we can keep moving to another spot.


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

'Shari nods to Lanten. "I would like to see about checking out that orphanage. I believe Ramar also mentioned that place too. If there are more cultists, then we may find some evidence of them there."


Thoughtful, Edan walked out with the group, but looked at Lanten with a bit of consideration. "It is true I might need a short span of time to commit the magic to memory, perhaps no more than an hour.. However, given the danger we've just started to uncover.." He looked to Godelina for a moment, then back to Lanten. "What manner of armor do you possess?"

It was almost an unrelated question, save that he realized that he still needed to sell the things he would be unable to use, and 'Lina's chainmail was one of the things that he did have in his possession-- provided there was no objection from its previous owner, of course. He was also going to have to visit the Temple of Nethys again tomorrow, to ask a question that had just popped into his mind. He did not know enough about magic to make the decision for himself, but he was sure speaking with the Head Mage again would quickly answer that question. He just hoped he was not going to sound ungrateful.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Lanten touched his chest for a moment - having forgotten that he wasn't wearing the armor. "It's a well-worn suit of scale armor - been with me since I started my training. What's on your mind?" he asks with a slight tilt of his head.


Male Human

Anyone know where Lina went? Just waiting for you all to confirm your next course of action so that we can move forward. No rush.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

yeah I'm here. Just been really slow recently as I finally got around to playing Dawn of War. So far nearly completed Winter Assult, next is Dark Crusade and then Soul Storm. Man I need to organise my time more, especially as I'm currently creating a character AND maps for my new homebrew :p I've been sooo baaaad.

Godelina has no objection to the use of the armour, though it was intended for him to sell in order to get some cash to buy a spell book.
"I'l like to check out the orphanage too. After what's just been revealed to us then there could indeed be something sinister going on in that basement." she states, sharing her thoughts with everyone else. "And whatever it is, I shall bring judgement to it."


Lanten Tiberiu wrote:
Lanten touched his chest for a moment - having forgotten that he wasn't wearing the armor. "It's a well-worn suit of scale armor - been with me since I started my training. What's on your mind?" he asks with a slight tilt of his head.

Edan smiled, glancing between Lanten and Godelina, comparing sizes. "'Lina has given me her armor to sell, but I believe that bettering our companions would be more prudent than gaining the cash, seeing as how the Temple of Nethys has provided for me immediately." The other side to that statement was that he was unsure about how much dues would be for the temple, but he was fairly certain that it would be manageable with the things he had yet to sell.

"So, I would trade you the chain mail for your scale mail, if there is no objection." That would also give him some time to start studying the spellbook that he did have, and get some of the spell patterns memorized.

Godelina Evelyn wrote:
"I'l like to check out the orphanage too. After what's just been revealed to us then there could indeed be something sinister going on in that basement." she states, sharing her thoughts with everyone else. "And whatever it is, I shall bring judgement to it."

"Is the plan to simply head over to the orphanage and inquire or expect something along the lines of what occurred at the couple's house?" Edan didn't want to seem harsh, but it was a valid question in his head. "While I do not disagree that it is a course of action that we could take, please do not forget the other threads we have yet to check here in town. I still need to access the City Records, we have not yet spoken to the druid, nor have we spoken to the mage, or investigated the Dryad, or spoken to the Lizardmen."

Edan thought that was all, but he would not have been surprised if he missed something. Another day would allow him to get the items sold, and a couple more things acquired that he was thinking may be possible.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Lanten nods at the explanation from Edan, but shakes his head in the negative to decline the offer. "No worries on me and the armor - you look to need the extra coin the chainmail will bring. Besides, my armor has been worn into a fit that provides me with extra flexibility. My own skills are better off for it in that case."

Still, he nods at Edan's assessment of the situation. "When it comes to the orphanage, I would prefer we take a low profile - scouting the building; watching the activities of the place - before we attempt to sneaking in and look around. I'd like to avoid anymore charges of larceny until we are on more solid footing and have proof."

He rubs his chin with hand in thought and adds,"The rest of it - with except maybe the Dryad - sounds like something we either tackle one by one or else split up and check out and reconvene."
He opens a palm as if begging opinions.

He adds with shrug,"I wonder if Master Ramar could do that mind-magic of his on people he was trying to question - would be helpful right now."


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

At the question about the armour she smiles and lets you allow it if Lanten will accept the trade.

At the mention of what her plan was, her cheeks redden, clearly showing that was her idea, one way or another.
"There are many things we need to do. I agree with Laten's course, however if one of us were to get into trouble there would be no way to contact each other unless we decide to run." she states as she thinks this over. "The Lizardmen we should also do as a group, I've heard they are territorial and will most likely attack if only one of us goes near them. I would like to deal with the mage personally." as she says this you see her hand go to her sword for a moment. "He has something to do with this, I'm certain."

I was just laughing at the idea of godelina walking into a Orphanage and giving a cover story that she's looking for a son :p SOOOOO many jokes to make. "Oh my, why do you want to adopt dear? Can't you bare any children yourself?"


Male Half-elven Fighter 3
Godelina Evelyn wrote:
I was just laughing at the idea of godelina walking into a Orphanage and giving a cover story that she's looking for a son :p SOOOOO many jokes to make.

The mind boggles...;-) Little under the weather the last couple of days, so apologies for any delay.

Lanten raises one hand, explaining: "Here's thought, let's go see that woman you mentioned who owns the magic shop; see if she'll buy the gear or can recommend someone who will. It also be a way to find out more about the black market; we may find one of the cultists there if we can find it."

He then raises his other hand: "Or we get Edan over to the City Records to let him do his research while the rest of us head over to park to speak with this Druid or check out the Lizardman embassy to see what's going on with them."

With both hands together he ends with: "And then tonight we could do some simple surveilance of the orphanage - see if there's action: unusual (and evil) strangers come to visit; odd activities or noises; etc. We'd have to be careful for now; we don't want anyone to know what we're doing just yet."

Sound alright? Some further thoughts in OOC thread.


Male Human

Just waiting for a definitive direction choice, as soon as you guys decide on a course of action we can be off.


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

I suggest we head over to the magic shop first...then if that lead fizzles out, we can have a chat with the Druid. I also think we can all head to the Dryad this evening as well.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Sounds like a plan...

Seeing as no one seems to have declined the suggestion, Lanten starts to help Edan gather up the armor and equipment."Sounds like we have a plan - magic shop is the first stop..." He's half-way through picking up equipment when he absent-mindly mentions:"Not sure I know where that shop is...err, can one you lead the way?" He glances with a puzzled look at 'Lina and 'Shari - shrugging his shoulders in an 'oh well' sort of way.


Male Human

Just assuming Edan and Lina agree at this point.

The group makes their way to the magic shop and makes their way inside.


Just assuming Lina and Edan agree at this point.
You all make your way to the Curio Shop.

Looking up as the four of you enter, her eyes narrow a little bit. "I recognize two of you." She states matter of factly. "How can I help you?"


Carrying everything there was not the easiest thing, so Edan was certain that their arrival was met with some wariness, and given the way her eyes narrowed, that was all the proof that he needed. Putting on a sheepish smile, definitely apologetic for their manner of the last meeting-- he glanced over at Godelina, remembering-- Edan continued onwards. "Directly, resale and purchase, provided you have an interest in any of these items." It was likely that they would be redirected towards a blacksmith first, now that he thought about it, but they were here now.

"My interest is in defensive magic, primarily, though any involving life magic would not be passed up." He had to remember to inquire about the price of quality holy symbol as well. The wooden one he had was good, but did not quite do justice to the level of commitment that he was investing. From there, he proceeded to make what passed as "small talk" for a minute or so, all complimentary, but not excessively.
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Welp, guess he's still too distracted.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

Godelina remains at Edan's side and watches as he puts his hand around the holy symbol. She sees him faulter a bit on the words and so tries to intervien.
"He is learning the art of magic and any items we could possibly aquire would greatly benefit us and the city we're trying to protect." she states with a smile as she walks towards the counter "We were also interested in learning more about this black market you mentioned was undermining your business. Can you tell us anything more about that?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

I'd be tempted to be cocky and say "Leave the diplomacy to the paladin" but I know if I do that my next diplomacy roll will be a natural 1.


Misha listens and noting Edan's uncertainty says, "I am a member of the Merchants guild, anything that you sell to me that I don't normally carry I can pass on to someone who does for favors or money so I will gladly purchase items from you. What exactly are you looking for magic item wise?" After hearing Lina's question about the black market she looks sour. "If I knew anything about the Black market I would go to the counsel and have them shut it down, what I need is for someone to find out about the Black market and tell me so I CAN get it shut down."

You can sell the items for the normal 50% mark down in price.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Having heard what a tough businesswoman Miss Larakti was, Lanten was prepared to put on his best smile and hope to make the best of it. When Edan started fumbling his explanation, Lanten wanted to add to the conversation but was distracted by dropping off the gear for purchase.

A look of mild surprise crossed his face when he looks up and sees 'Lina so politely explaining their request. He smiles slightly as he muses: For someone who's usually ready to smash anything that barely smells of unlawful, she can play the diplomat pretty well...curious thing these planar-kinfolk...

He then replies to Ms Larakti's statement about the Black Market:"We want to help you with that, but we need some kind of lead to get more information. Anything you've heard: a questionable person; a partuclarly suspicious location; maybe a ship that docks here - something that tipped you or the guild off that it exists at all. If you think it's more than rumors..." he finishes with an open hand inviting suggestions.

Knowledge(Local): 1d20 ⇒ 12


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

'Shari does not say anything to the woman, as she is somewhat intimidated by her. She reminded 'Shari of some of the dock officials who were sharp-tongued as well as sharp eyed. Being a former smuggler, people like Misha made her fell ill at ease.

To distract herself from Misha, she tries to remember if she had heard of any connections to the black market on the docks where she had been for a while.

Knowledge Local 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


Male Human

Shari remembers hearing something about a bar and the black market, when she was still on the boat that brought her here she overheard two of the more shady sailors talking about it, The Flounder Pounder she thinks it was called.


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

While Edan and 'Lina talk with Misha, 'Shari pulls Lanten aside and whispers in his ear, "I think I might know of this...have you heard of a place called the Flounder Pounder?"


Male Half-elven Fighter 3
'Shari Velnokal wrote:
...have you heard of a place called the Flounder Pounder?"

DM - aside from what you mentioned, anything else I would know about the place? Knowledge(local): 1d20 ⇒ 17

Focused for the moment on the conversation, 'Shari's breathy whisper catches him off-guard and Lanten flushes a little red at her voice before turning around. "Oh..um sorry, 'Shari," he mutters as he turns and talks to her quietly.

"Flounder Pounder's a tavern, down by the docks, let me think if I've heard anything...," he adds rubbing his chin in thought.

'Shari:

At some point after we finish this line of thought...

Continuing their whispered conversation off topic, Lanten seems to refocus his eyes on 'Shari's and speaks - a little awkwardly, but with conviction:

"Miss 'Shari - I'm sorry to hear you've had a rough go of it getting to Saltmarsh and all that's happened. It ain't...right to make a lass like you cry, much less make you fear for your life..." he pauses and glances around to insure they aren't interrupted.

"Don't know that a sharp girl like you needs protectin', but I want you know that if you ever get scared by someone like that again...well, I'd make the basterd pay through his teeth...literally." His tone is now strong but flat to emphasize his concern for her safety.

"I hope...hope I ain't out of line in saying so...just wanted to make sure you feel...safe out there." The last he adds with small smile - hoping it will buoy her spirits despite the tone of the conversation.


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

Lanten:
'Shari mouth drops a little when she hears the passion and conviction in his voice. Regretfully, she wished he was the man she had known first. Feeling a blush rising on her face being so close to him, she looks into his eyes. "Thank you sooo much, Lanten. You have no idea how wonderful that feels coming from you. I...I do appreciate your offer." Then on an impulse, she presses her lips to his cheek in a quick kiss. She glances back to see if the kiss was observed before finishing, "We should see how the others are faring." Trying to hide the flush on her face, unsuccessfully.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

"The Flounder Pounder?" Godelina asks raising a eyebrow. "How would we approch this? I don't believe that they will be so easy to let someone like me in...unless." she looks up and down 'Shari for a moment and then leans in to whisper.

'Shari and Perception DC 15:

"Do you have a dress that I could fit into? This armour only appears if I have the blade on my and I can dismiss it too." she says as the start of a plan comes to mind. "I can transform it into a small blade, easy enough to hide or not raise suspecion and if we get into a fight, I'll join. This way I can try to not give everyone away."


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

'Lina or Perception DC 15:
'Shari looks down at her chest and then looks pointedly at 'Lina's bosom. "'Lina, I...uhh...I think any dress of mine you wear will fit you rather...snugly." She shakes her head slightly, "Maybe , we can go to the shop where I just bought my new dress!" She looks over to the boys, a gleam in her eyes. "If we are going down there, then we should make it a double date!"


Lanten would know that the Flounder Pounder was an extremely seedy establishment down at the dock that was usually best to be avoided at all costs.

Misha hearing your whisperings says, I am not asking you to infiltrate and wipe out the Black market single handedly. I just need the location so that I can go to the council with it. They probably have a great deal of thugs and the like where ever it is to ensure that people don't find it by going in and being nosy.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

'Shari:

"You're...welcome, 'Shari," Lanten mutters with small smile after her kiss - a mixture of surprise and awkwardness on his own face as she turns away from him. Almost absent mindly he places a hand on his cheek before refocusing on the matters at hand. Still he remains distracted enough to not hear the conversation between 'Lina and 'Shari.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Distracted by Misha's explanations and thoughts on the Flounder Pounder, he doesn't hear the exchange between 'Shari and 'Lina. Since the conversation is clearly wide open now, he answers 'Shari's question for all to hear.

"I think calling the place a tavern was the wrong word to use...the Pounder's a dive. If I was in the watch, I'd probably arrest half the patrons just for looking me cross. Ain't no way we can stroll down there without 'Lina smiting 'em the minute she walks in." There is a serious tone, but a rueful smile crosses his face as mentions the last part.

He the carries on with the shopwoman:

"I hope I don't have to either...that's way bigger than us, and I'm sure your right about the number of thugs. Still, if we're going to get answers...sooner or later somebody's got to give us a direction. And I'd don't mean to do it by just asking...we got have something worth selling..." A sudden thought comes to Lanten, his eyes seemingly alight.

"Let me ask you something, Miss Larakti...if I brought you something magical that was clearly aligned with an evil power...would you be interested in buying it or selling it," He asks with a tone of curiosity - his face focused and hoping he'll hear a certain answer.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
'Shari Velnokal wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

'Shari & Perception DC 15:

"Good plan, lets go shopping." she says, determined that her plan would work better with her under-cover rarther than marching about in a big heavy suit of armour. At the mention of a double date she blinks and leans her head to one side. "Double date? Date who?" as she asks this you swear at times it's as if she's having you on. To be so smart one moment and then so dense.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Nope - Lanten still has no clue what you two are going on about.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

Oh, forgot to add this

Godelina looks up from the conversation, smiling towards Edan and Lanten and saying something that Edan never heard and never imagined hearing Godelina state.
"Okey boys I've decided. Let's go cloths shopping!" she smiles and looks back to 'Shari before getting ready to make their way to some kind of clothing shop if there is one here.


Lanten Tiberiu wrote:

"I hope I don't have to either...that's way bigger than us, and I'm sure your right about the number of thugs. Still, if we're going to get answers...sooner or later somebody's got to give us a direction. And I'd don't mean to do it by just asking...we got have something worth selling..." A sudden thought comes to Lanten, his eyes seemingly alight.

"Let me ask you something, Miss Larakti...if I brought you something magical that was clearly aligned with an evil power...would you be interested in buying it or selling it," He asks with a tone of curiosity - his face focused and hoping he'll hear a certain answer.

"Good heavens no, I don't deal with the occult or the like, just normal utility type magic items."


Male Half-elven Fighter 3
Godelina Evelyn wrote:
"Okey boys I've decided. Let's go cloths shopping!" she smiles and looks back to 'Shari before getting ready to make their way...
Misha Larakti wrote:
"Good heavens no, I don't deal with the occult or the like, just normal utility type magic items."

Lanten nods and grins; his suspicions confirmed. "That's what I thought. Thank you." He turns towards Edan, but his statement is for all of them. "Edan, we need to get some of that evidence back from the Abbott; it could prove helpful with a plan I have. But, let's discuss that later... he pauses at 'Lina's announcement and tilts his head in puzzlement at the statement.

"Eagles into swans, wha...," he starts to utter and he gives 'Shari a look of amused curiosity. "Why do I have the feeling you two have a plan of your own."


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

'Lina OR Perception DC 15:
'Shari's eyes sparkle mischievously, "Why, with Edan of course!" Stifling a giggle she continues, "I know the perfect place take you 'Lina, it's where I got my dress! Hmmm...I think you would look pretty in blue..."

Ushari smiles at Lanten, "What, me Lanten?" She gives the handsome man a wink. "I am just doing a favor for a friend! Even if these are not fit for hanging out at the Flounder, I know we can find some use for these dresses!"


Godelina Evelyn wrote:
"Okey boys I've decided. Let's go clothes shopping!"

Edan almost dropped the armor that he was holding, his head turning to look at Godelina as if she had suddenly grown a second head, but had to scramble to keep the scale mail in his hands.

Lanten Tiberiu wrote:
"Eagles into swans, wha...," he starts to utter and he gives 'Shari a look of amused curiosity. "Why do I have the feeling you two have a plan of your own."

Lanten speaking up eased Edan's not-quite-panic, and allayed some of his concern, since the only time that Edan had thought to hear Godelina say those exact words with that tone was if she was being mind controlled. He had been unfortunate enough to have to go along with Sister Cassie several times when she went out to do the bargaining for things that the church did not get delivered. While the Sister was a legendary haggler (within church gossip circles, none would dare mention that aloud), those days usually ended with him returning to the church almost late enough to miss supper, loaded down as if he were a mule.

Needless to say, since he was the one often chosen do help, his opinion of "shopping" was less than stellar. He hefted the armor up onto the counter carefully, and indicated the things that they were carrying. "I'm looking to sell all of this", he said, indicating the spare armor and weapons that they were carrying, trusting their reputation and the others to make sure he was not shorted too much on the prices.


She looks over all the items that you are selling and says "I can give you normal trade in value for these. Is that all you needed? Remember if you do find out where the black market is and give me the information there is a reward in it for you."


Thinking of the items that he needed, Edan realized that he was in a position to be able to find better prices elsewhere, most notably a silver amulet from his church, and a scroll of the magic that he was considering would be helpful from the Temple of Nethys. There were just too many things to do in this day, and he was pretty certain that with the killing of the cleric and the apprehension of his wife, the cultists were not being idle. "Thank you. Once we do find out something, it is very likely that one of us will let you know."

Once business was concluded, Edan collected the money, and resigned himself to go clothes shopping.


Male Human

You all leave the Curio Shop and make your way down to the market district where stalls are just beginning to open, you see clothing stalls here and there scattered amongst the other stalls selling food and house wares.

If anyone else wants to split off from the group shopping let me know


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

Most likely Godelina and 'Shari will be off trying out clothing. I'm already thinking of some kind of sterotypical secret agent garb with her wearing something with lots of sequens, but she'll most likely go with whatever 'Shari thinks looks good on her as she hasn't really had time to dress fashionably in a church.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Lanten remains quiet while the sale is concluded...he stands rubbing his chin in thought - although he still gives 'Shari and 'Lina a couple of glances - as if they are part of his thinking process.

When they are done and leave the shop - reflecting his habit - he glances around the street to see if he notices anyone following/watching them.Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

"So...dress shopping; sounds risky," he throws out with a grin. "Unless you need spectators, I think we'll...," he points towards he and Edan,"...do some legwork - get Edan over to temple to put that money to use - maybe get over to check the Hall of Records. What do you think?"

Whatever the final decision, Edan adds to 'Shari and 'Lina: "If they have them, get some hooded cloaks - we may need to hide ourselves for some this activity moving forward. Coin?" he finishes offering to help pay.


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

'Shari smiles at Lanten, a twinkle in her eyes. "I already purchased a very nice dress earlier, so I should be fine there. I am worried about 'Lina but I do have enough money to cover her, if need be. I do like your suggestion about the cloaks and we will get some for all of us." She leans over and gives Lanten a kiss on his cheek, whispering "Thanks for the offer though!"

Once they have separated from the gentlemen, 'Shsri turns to 'Lina "Now that we are away from them, what style of dress were you looking into buying for...the disguise?"


Once 'Lina and 'Shari had gone about their business for now, Edan gave Lanten an appreciative nod. "I appreciate the company and apologize that I have not been..", looking thoughtful, he settled on the most diplomatic word. "..as available as the others have been. Things are.. well, hectic." As with most things, Edan was being diplomatic about it. After all, though Lanten was a half-elf, he was likely older than Edan was, and a member of the town guard to boot.

Even still, Edan was glancing around, not necessarily noting each individual person, but more like watching the flow of things. He suspected there were people out there that were keeping track of them, and he felt like they were under a timer. "What do you need to do today?" It would not do for him to be selfish, after all.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
'Shari Velnokal wrote:

'Shari smiles at Lanten, a twinkle in her eyes. "I already purchased a very nice dress earlier, so I should be fine there. I am worried about 'Lina but I do have enough money to cover her, if need be. I do like your suggestion about the cloaks and we will get some for all of us." She leans over and gives Lanten a kiss on his cheek, whispering "Thanks for the offer though!"

Once they have separated from the gentlemen, 'Shsri turns to 'Lina "Now that we are away from them, what style of dress were you looking into buying for...the disguise?"

Godelina thinks for a moment, looking quite confused by the question.

"Well...I was thinking of something that doesn't say "warrior or light", but I want to be modestly covered." she sighs and shrugs "I just want to look like a normal woman enjoying her time so no one suspects anything. I know, normal is hard for someone who has these looks. I was always pestered by boys about it, but the church comes first so..." she cuts off when she just realised how much she was actually saying about herself and gives a light blush "I'm sorry, I must be boring you. Just something a woman would wear to a place like the Dryad."


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

"No 'Lina that is OK. To be honest, I am kinda jealous of you. You are sooo beautiful...I wish I had your...uhhh...features!" 'Shari recalls her (albeit limited) experience with the Dryad and tugs on a braid. "Well, 'Lina, I can tell you right now most of the women who go to that place like to show off. If you are trying not to attract attention to yourself, you may need to be a tad bit...revealing."


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
'Shari Velnokal wrote:
"No 'Lina that is OK. To be honest, I am kinda jealous of you. You are sooo beautiful...I wish I had your...uhhh...features!" 'Shari recalls her (albeit limited) experience with the Dryad and tugs on a braid. "Well, 'Lina, I can tell you right now most of the women who go to that place like to show off. If you are trying not to attract attention to yourself, you may need to be a tad bit...revealing."

she gives a small smile at the flattery but shakes her head.

"Looks are not everything. I have come to learn that at the temple." she states and at the mention of that she'll have to wear something revealing she bites her lip, but reluctantly nods. "As you say, I don't want to stick out like a sour thumb by being the only one there dressed differently." she doesn't seem too comfortable with that idea, but if i tcan get them inside without any screaming or fighting, unlike last venture then it'll be worth it. "Iomedae is testing me this day. I must remain vigilent."

751 to 800 of 1,022 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Adventures from the Lost Tomes All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.