Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Adventures from the Lost Tomes

Game Master Dementia Walker


651 to 700 of 1,022 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

Male Half-elven Fighter 3

I'm willing to keep RPing, but for DM's info, I'm ready to move on to the next day as needed.


Male Human

The next morning dawns brightly, you all feel refreshed from your late night exploits.

Lanten is on his two day from his watch shift rotation and as such has the next two days to do as he wishes before he is expected back.

Shari is informed that as long as she keeps singing and pays a pittance for board she wont have to worry about serving tables again until her 'Grand Adventure' is over.

Lina and Edan are called in to speak to Lyra Ivessa about what they have been discovering the last few days.


"So, I hear some interesting things happened last night, can you tell me anything about it? We are having a emergency meeting of the counsel because of it that I have to leave for in about an hour, anything you can tell me to help your case would be great. Since you are not technically part of the town guard or anything like that the killing of the man has come under scrutiny and I am trying to protect you."

You do not need to explain everything that just happened to 'her' since I already know. Just a way to let you know that the town counselship will be tied up for the next few days deliberating so you have a bit of time to find out more information before anything stops you.


Male Human

If you need some tips or reminders on what to look into feel free to ask in the discussion thread, or read the pre break pages again.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
Lyra Ivessa wrote:

"So, I hear some interesting things happened last night, can you tell me anything about it? We are having a emergency meeting of the counsel because of it that I have to leave for in about an hour, anything you can tell me to help your case would be great. Since you are not technically part of the town guard or anything like that the killing of the man has come under scrutiny and I am trying to protect you."

You do not need to explain everything that just happened to 'her' since I already know. Just a way to let you know that the town counselship will be tied up for the next few days deliberating so you have a bit of time to find out more information before anything stops you.

Godelina explains everything, pointing out the presance of evil auras being the reason why she decided to enter. She leaves out about 'Shari sneaking in and mentioned the shrine to Asmodeus and when talking with the man he mentioned he once followed Iomedae, but lived a unluckly life, yet when someone, who Godelina still doesn't know, introduced him to Asmodeus as a "God of Luck" then he began to woreship him and even got lucky in his day-to-day life.

Godelina finishes off explaining about the weapon and presenting it to her for her to look it over in her own interest as it appears to be a very powerful weapon in deed. She mentions she'd like to keep it and for her good deeds to strengthen the celestial trapped inside.
"She began fighting the devil in this item when I was fighting the man. I lowered my weapon, willing to leave once he told us who this man was who introduced him to the faith, but then he drew his weapon, screaming about not revealing his master's plans and struck me before I could react." she points out in her defence of what happened. "I left the shrine in one peice for the watch to have as evidence and I felt no need to kill his wife as he appeared to be the violent one and the one with the weapon where she had no special weapon." she points out her conclusions, hoping Lyra is satisfied with what Godelina has told her.


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

Edan corroborates what Godelina relayed to the cleric, adding in what he could gather from the spells that were used and the situation. What he speaks about is more towards his gain in arcane magic, asking about any potential solutions, a way to gain a spellbook-- provided one was actually in the Temple's stores, which was unlikely-- and advice about the direction he should be taking with his knowledge.

It was among some of the research that he intended to do today if they had the chance, as they still needed to speak to the druid, ask about the mage, and still visit some more of the churches or shrines about the city. He still had not gotten to the city's records, either. Was there not also something about a competition involving art and the museum that he recalled being mentioned?


"Thank you for your explanation, if someone is going around to the dissatisfied in the church trying to get them to worship a god of luck that is actually evil this could explain why our attendance is so low, the more people they recruit the more they have tell their friends about how great this 'new' god is and the more people we loose! I will use everything you have told me, except the part about the sword, in order to keep you out on the streets investigating this." She says very seriously. Then readies herself to leave. "If you are looking for a spell book I would recommend enrolling at the temple of Nethys as an acolyte, just don't you go abandoning your temple too." She says to Edan with a wink.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Compared to the quiet reverence of Edan and Godelina's temple, Lanten awakens to the familial raucousness and grousing workmen in the boarding house where he stays. Still somewhat blurry-eyed, he manages to compose himself and get downstairs.

The house's common room is filled with the assortment of tenants and family members partaking of warm porridge and cooked ham. Plain, but filling, Lanten has found that the caretaker's, Mrs. Hollen, best item is the strong black tea she makes. After a couple of cups, he finds himself well awake. While the resident's start their working days, Lanten heads back to clean his well-worn armor and sharpen/clean his blades. The tedious detail work allows his mind to wander - given that these are his leave days, he notes he needs to get the small pay for his guard work.

Behind the house sits a small yard and alleyway, something that might have been a formal garden or receptional area in the house's past. Aside from Mrs. Hollen's spice garden, it is a quiet, little-used area that Lanten has found perfect for some morning sword practice. The regimen helps clear his mind, but today his efforts are mostly mechancial as he thinks of other things.

Last night events stay with him. He wonders if Cheliax's agents have anything to do with the presence of the Asmodean cultists. The fact that two Iomedean servants are investigating seems to make the matter even more serious. Has he seen anything that would that would help them? He curses himself for thinking he had left all that deviltry behind when he came to Saltmarsh. Some dark thoughts from his past bubble up, but the memory of a certain young lady dissappates them. The look of her sky-blue eyes; the rosy blush of her face; and the soft smile she had brings one to his own face. As he finishes up his exercise and gets cleaned up, he hums an old Andoran tune about meeting a pretty girl. With some new enthusiasm, he decides he will come by the Lizard Boat and see her today.

Although he bears his swords, he decides to leave the armor hung in his room - sticking with a plain shirt and leather doublet to cover his frame. As he makes his way to the 'Boat', he walks through any local plazas or open markets on his route. In such places he is looking for the local signboard - places were local news is posted or gossip might be heard. He glances periodically at these things - looking for any notes or bounty postings of a man looking like his father.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Knoledge(Local): 1d20 ⇒ 18


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

Edan looked a bit uncertain about enrolling as an acolyte at the temple of Nethys, but smiled back at Head Priest Ivessa's teasing. With a nod, he accepted her words, and added yet another thing to the growing list of things that they had yet to do. Sighing good-naturedly, he looked to Godelina to see what she thought of it, and considered all that he would have to do today. He supposed that his priority should be learning about his new skills, but did not want to abandon any investigation that the others may be doing.

He was out of his armor-- and feeling more comfortable about it-- in the plain clothes that he had in his pack. He had discovered that he could clean his clothes with the little bit of magic that he had figured out, and did so with every bit of clothing he owned. Still, he needed to meet with the others and find out what they were planning on doing, so he could decide when to go to the Temple of Nethys and find out more about himself. "This Temple is my home, my family", he stated with conviction. "I would never abandon my home." he glanced at 'Lina momentarily as he said that, but returned his eyes forward quickly.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
Edan Crosier wrote:

Edan looked a bit uncertain about enrolling as an acolyte at the temple of Nethys, but smiled back at Head Priest Ivessa's teasing. With a nod, he accepted her words, and added yet another thing to the growing list of things that they had yet to do. Sighing good-naturedly, he looked to Godelina to see what she thought of it, and considered all that he would have to do today. He supposed that his priority should be learning about his new skills, but did not want to abandon any investigation that the others may be doing.

He was out of his armor-- and feeling more comfortable about it-- in the plain clothes that he had in his pack. He had discovered that he could clean his clothes with the little bit of magic that he had figured out, and did so with every bit of clothing he owned. Still, he needed to meet with the others and find out what they were planning on doing, so he could decide when to go to the Temple of Nethys and find out more about himself. "This Temple is my home, my family", he stated with conviction. "I would never abandon my home." he glanced at 'Lina momentarily as he said that, but returned his eyes forward quickly.

Godelina gives a Smile to Edan as he looks her way in a reassuring way. She was dressed in her armour, which makes you wonder how she manages being so uncomfortable all day.

"Good to hear, but getting a mage's book will help you and help our investigations." she states and taking her old sword he hands it over to you. "It is just a plain sword and won't be worth much, but you can sell this for some gold and my warhammer too, now this new weapon can change forms."

Not worth much as the longsword is 15 gp, but second-hand sale is 7gp 5 sp and the warhammer is 12 gp, but second-hand 6 gp. Won't be much, but it'll help Edan get the book she's willing to let him have it. All together that would be 13 gp, 5 sp.

She looks over Edan and smiles as she sees he's only dressed in plain clothing.
"I have heard arcane spell casters can't wear armour. It gets in their way." she states pointing out the lack of armour he currently has. She pauses for a moment then saying. "I feel the same about the temple. Every Temple is my home and family. It takes a great commitment to do that."


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

'Shari rolls out of her cot in her room back at the Boat and rubs the sleep out of her eyes. Vague dreams still echoing in her mind...pleasant dreams she thought. Dreams of a handsome half-elf with blue eyes.

She bathes herself slowly, happy for some time alone to think about what had happened to her and what she should do next. Every time she thought of Lanten, she hears his voice in her mind again, singing that song. Knowing he was singing of HER. She looks to her closet, where her red evening gown was hanging. Thinking of her wearing that for Lanten caused her body to break out in a flush.

I think I...LIKE him! He is sooo....different than Gerold was. Still, why did Ramar leave?

She tried to picture Ramar in her mind but whenever he recalled the white-haired man's face, the eyes were replaced by a pair of blue ones. For some reason she felt a sense of guilt about this, even though she had scarcely known the man.

Ramar is a kind soul, I wonder if maybe he felt...uncomfortable around me for some reason. I...I just don't know.

She finishes dressing, selecting a comfortable light blue bluose and dark leather pants, paired with a pair of leather boots, mid-heeled. She goes light on the makeup, only a touch of blush, shadow, and lipstick. Her hair, she ties back in a ponytail.

I hope he likes this outfit...

She then exits her room and heads out to the main dining area, finding a table and electing to partake of some fruit and cheeses. As she waaits for her friends to arrive she has time to reflect to herself.

I wonder when Kailee wants me to sing for her...I hope Lanten can hear me sing.


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

@Iomedae's Temple

Godelina Evelyn wrote:

Godelina gives a Smile to Edan as he looks her way in a reassuring way. She was dressed in her armour, which makes you wonder how she manages being so uncomfortable all day.

"Good to hear, but getting a mage's book will help you and help our investigations." she states and taking her old sword he hands it over to you. "It is just a plain sword and won't be worth much, but you can sell this for some gold and my warhammer too, now this new weapon can change forms."

She looks over Edan and smiles as she sees he's only dressed in plain clothing.
"I have heard arcane spell casters can't wear armour. It gets in their way." she states pointing out the lack of armour he currently has. She pauses for a moment then saying. "I feel the same about the temple. Every Temple is my home and family. It takes a great commitment to do that."

Smiling gratefully at Godelina, Edan blushed at a combination of being regarded highly enough that Godelina would help, and a bit of self-consciousness about not having money. "Thank you very much, 'Lina." He gave her an appreciative bow. "I won't let you down." Mentally, he began tallying up the things he had, and did not need, thinking that it was likely much of his day would be spent dealing with this. Would the others need his help while he was away?

The sooner he started, the sooner he would be done, he supposed. He gave a sort-of wry smile to High Priest Ivessa, and to 'Lina. "I should look into the temple again, immediately," he said, backing out of the High Priest's office. Pausing, he looked at Godelina. "Will you need my presence with the others this morning at the 'Boat?"


Male Human

Lanten only notices the normal going ons of a small city waking up in the morning as he makes his way to the lizard boat. Though as he is on his way to the lizard boat he runs into one of the guards on duty who informs him that the captain of the watch wishes to speak with him. If pressed for information the guard only responds that that is all he knows and then goes to resume his guard duty.


"Hello Dear" Shari is greeted as she leaves her room in the morning. "We have some breakfast ready if you are hungry, planning any more adventures with your friends happening today?" After conversing for a time Kailee asks if Shari will have time to sing in two days like she normally does or if she will be busy and then wishes her a good day giving her the pay that she had earned with her work there in the last month, minus the time that she had been running around with Lina and Edan.

You are now 5g 6s richer, untrained profession is 1s a day and you got a bit extra from the singing gig and tips.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
Edan Crosier wrote:

@Iomedae's Temple

Godelina Evelyn wrote:

Godelina gives a Smile to Edan as he looks her way in a reassuring way. She was dressed in her armour, which makes you wonder how she manages being so uncomfortable all day.

"Good to hear, but getting a mage's book will help you and help our investigations." she states and taking her old sword he hands it over to you. "It is just a plain sword and won't be worth much, but you can sell this for some gold and my warhammer too, now this new weapon can change forms."

She looks over Edan and smiles as she sees he's only dressed in plain clothing.
"I have heard arcane spell casters can't wear armour. It gets in their way." she states pointing out the lack of armour he currently has. She pauses for a moment then saying. "I feel the same about the temple. Every Temple is my home and family. It takes a great commitment to do that."

Smiling gratefully at Godelina, Edan blushed at a combination of being regarded highly enough that Godelina would help, and a bit of self-consciousness about not having money. "Thank you very much, 'Lina." He gave her an appreciative bow. "I won't let you down." Mentally, he began tallying up the things he had, and did not need, thinking that it was likely much of his day would be spent dealing with this. Would the others need his help while he was away?

The sooner he started, the sooner he would be done, he supposed. He gave a sort-of wry smile to High Priest Ivessa, and to 'Lina. "I should look into the temple again, immediately," he said, backing out of the High Priest's office. Pausing, he looked at Godelina. "Will you need my presence with the others this morning at the 'Boat?"

She gives a smile, glad that she can hel Edan.

"Since this weapon can give me better armour than I currently have, you can my chainmail. Come, wait outside my room so I can give it to you to sell." she says as she makes her way into her room and takes her time taking off the chainmail. With it making the loud noise of the many links rubbing against each other as she leaves it on the floor and wearing only her undercloths she uses the weapon to grant herself splintmail so as she emerges she is wearing armour made up of little strips like banded mail.

She hands the chainmail over.
"If you get your book, you will be able to cast arcane spells and that can help us more than not being able to cast any." she holds the blade and shield as usual and looks down at her armour and is pleased by what she sees. "You can go get your book, I'll head to the boat and meet 'Shari and the guard."

Chainmail is 150 gp so half is 75 gp. Should be a nice boost eitherway.

Godelina enters the tavern, making sure to find 'Shari, but not disturb her if she's busy. If she is she'll take a seat at the regular seating place.


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

This was more than Edan expected. Even by his mostly rudimentary knowledge, this would be considerably more than he needed to manage to get a spellbook and some spells. 'They could not cost that much, could they?' he thought to himself as he stowed her mail with her sword and hammer in his room, and left to go visit the temple of Nethys, and get their orientation.

Looking up at the morning sky, Edan smiled into the sunlight, his step lighter. As usual, on the trip there, his mind was busy, considering possibilities and directions to apply his skills. He knew it was possible to manage to make magical items, though the process was of course beyond him at this moment... Thinking in metaphor, if Godelina was the "sword" of their goddess, then he could be the accompanying "shield"... It seemed like a good idea, anyway.

His nerves got the better of him as the ostentatious temple came into view, and he was surprised at himself, plucking at his shirt as if it was uncomfortable. A bit timidly, he passed through the doorway, and like he always did when he entered Iomedae's temple, he offered a silent, brief prayer towards the one who the temple was dedicated towards. A gesture of respect, as it were.

Approaching the first desk he saw, he hoped that any instruction he gained would not distract him from his mission here.


Male Human

Once Lina gets to the Lizard Boat she quickly spots Shari eating some fruit at a table.

Lanten quickly makes his way to the Captain of the Guard to hear what it is that he needs to be told. Once there the Captain informs him that due to the ongoing investigation of the killing at the home he was at last night he is suspended without pay until further notice and gives him a small bag containing 50g as his pay for the last month. You can back post if you have any questions or anything for the Captain Then he makes his way to the Lizard Boat to meet up with everyone else.

Edan makes his way to the Temple of Nethys and meets a different acolyte at the help desk today, this one a surprisingly pretty girl. She seems distracted with something that she is doing behind the counter.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

Sense Motive to see if she is in a oddly better mood than usual: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Godelina steps over to 'Shari and sits down with a smile on her face as she sits down.
"Edan has gone to buy a mage book for his spells. I expect he'll be back later." she says this and then looks to 'Shari curiously and gives a smile. "You seem to be in a happy mood today? Did you find Ramar?" as Godelina asks this she clearly doesn't appear to know why 'Shari is as happy as she apparently appears to be.


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

@Temple of Nethys

'Just think of it as Temple business,' Edan reassured himself as he approached the desk, finding that it helped somewhat with his nerves. Once he reached the desk he tapped politely on it, putting on a smile. "Good morning, I am.. Rather new to magic, and was wondering if you could help me?" There was a bit of uncertainty at the end of his greeting, due to the somewhat unfamiliar nature of this process. Faintly, he wondered whether or not he should have tried to sell some of his things on the way here.. It did not cost him any money before, but now, it probably would.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Backpost

Lanten's stance is casual and he wanders a bit, thinking more of 'Shari and what he might say to her today. Wonder what she likes? Theater maybe? Can't imagine she'll want to spend too much time in another tavern...

His thoughts are interrupted by his run in with the watch guard, Torsen. Although he's never worked with him, his reputation as a solid man brings seriousness to the request that Lanten might have dismissed as a prank on the "rookie" otherwise. Dark thoughts come back to his mind. A mixture of his own experiences growing up and the events of last night weigh on his mind.

Wonderin' if this is gonna mean jail time for me? Thoughts of running; leaving Saltmarsh come to his mind, but just suddenly he thinks of 'Shari...and his father as well. No - wouldn't be right and you know it, Lant! If it means the four of them will be alright...well then take the blame. The rest of his walk to the guardhouse is quiet, spending no time in thought - just in absorbing the sights and sounds.

-Due to the ongoing investigation of the killing at the home...suspended without pay until further notice...- the Captain explains.

Lanten had expected this; knew it was possible the minute he let 'Shari climb in that window and let Edan and 'Lina make their case - but still it didn't feel any less like a rough decision; like doubt about his intentions. Still, it wasn't jail or lashings - for now. Throughout the explanation, he is quiet and respectful - accepting his pay and nodding as the explanation is given. When the Captain finishes, he asks a few questions to try and get a feel for how serious the killing is being considered.

"How's the woman that was brought in? She alright?"
"Anything else about these people turn up? Any questionable behavior or associates that have turned up? Heard their son's been missing - ran away but nobody knows."
"How's this gonna effect the Iomedeans - since its their clerics?"
"I hate to ask, but is anyone wondering if Cheliax is involved? This close to their border and all that."

After Lanten gets his answers, he heads for the Lizard Boat - his mood more intense than before as he dwells on the situation at hand. Still, he has a small hope that 'Shari and the others will come out alright from this.


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6
Godelina Evelyn wrote:

Godelina steps over to 'Shari and sits down with a smile on her face as she sits down.

"Edan has gone to buy a mage book for his spells. I expect he'll be back later." she says this and then looks to 'Shari curiously and gives a smile. "You seem to be in a happy mood today? Did you find Ramar?" as Godelina asks this she clearly doesn't appear to know why 'Shari is as happy as she apparently appears to be.

'Shari waves 'Lina over to her seat and gives the other woman a smile. "Oh, I am happy everything worked out OK with that cultist. Plus, I no longer have to wait tables any more! Kailee says I need to sing every few days and I can stay here as long as I want!" On the mention of Ramar, her face falls a bit. No, 'Lina, I have no idea what happened to him. Lanten said he would ask the guards to look out for him." When 'Shari mentions Lanten, she notices her face blushing slightly. She also glances to the entrance as if she was waiting for something. When she sees Lanten enter the tavern, the blush grows deeper as she waves to him.

Threw that in there to reflect the SM check. Judging by how 'Shari looks and the blush when Lanten's name was mentioned, she is quite smitten with him.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

The walk from the guardhouse cools Lanten down, so despite the news, he gives a small smile as he sees the Lizard Boat.

As he enters, he closes his eyes for a moment and seems to gather his thoughts. He listens intently and takes a deep breath before opening his eyes to look around. Seeing 'Shari's wave he starts to walk that way and gives a small one of his own - but stops a moment to go to the bar. As before, he asks the barman for his steel tankard with a mix of cider and water. Thinking a moment further of the other's drinks, he also asks for a jug of tea.

When Lanten turns back to the table, he has a distracted look on his face. He places the jug for 'Lina and 'Shari to be able to partake, and tries to seat himself to face them both. He gives them both a small bow and also slyly winks at 'Shari.

"Good day to you, ladies. I'm trustin' you slept well after last nights events," he pauses looking around,"Edan joining us soon? He takes a long drink to give them a chance to respond.


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

The smile that lights up her face when she sees him is like a sunrise breaking out of the clouds. "Hi, Lanten! I slept wonderful last night! I hope you slept all right. Did everything go OK?" She asks as she helps herself to the cider. Hmmm, this is really good...he is such a gentleman!


Male Human
Lanten Tiberiu wrote:

"How's the woman that was brought in? She alright?"

"Anything else about these people turn up? Any questionable behavior or associates that have turned up? Heard their son's been missing - ran away but nobody knows."
"How's this gonna effect the Iomedeans - since its their clerics?"
"I hate to ask, but is anyone wondering if Cheliax is involved? This close to their border and all that."

The woman is fine, was only unconscious, no real harm done to her.

We have taken the alter to the counsel for review, nothing else was found in the house. Though the next door neighbor wont shut up telling us everything that has been going on in that house for a while.
It will affect all of you the same, perhaps even Lyra since they were acting on her orders.
It is a possibility that Cheliax is involved but until we find the evidence we can't go pointing fingers. Until we find out more this is a city watch matter and I would suggest steering clear for a while to not rock the boat more.

Edan Crosier wrote:

@Temple of Nethys

Once he reached the desk he tapped politely on it, putting on a smile. "Good morning, I am.. Rather new to magic, and was wondering if you could help me?" There was a bit of uncertainty at the end of his greeting, due to the somewhat unfamiliar nature of this process. Faintly, he wondered whether or not he should have tried to sell some of his things on the way here.. It did not cost him any money before, but now, it probably would.

She looks up distractedly, then once she sees you she focuses more sharply. "You look familiar... Oh! You are that boy that Darla told me of, you really are cute." She says with a wink. "So you want to join the School here in the temple of Nethys do you? Darla will love that. Do you have a particular school that you are focusing on? Anything you want to know?"


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
'Shari Velnokal wrote:
The smile that lights up her face when she sees him is like a sunrise breaking out of the clouds. "Hi, Lanten! I slept wonderful last night! I hope you slept all right. Did everything go OK?" She asks as she helps herself to the cider. Hmmm, this is really good...he is such a gentleman!

Godelina gives a nod to Lanten, acknowledgeing him.

"Me and Edan slept find at the temple, thank you." she considers his question about Edan. "He's obtaining a spellbook. I gave him many of my items so that he could sell them and afford the spellbook. With arcane magic I am certain he can help with our investigations and slaying anymore evil. He'll meet up with us later." she says this in a straight way and raises her eyebrow at 'Shari's comment as well as the way she says it, but just smiles and says nothing. "So, Lanten. How long have you lived in Saltmarsh? Why did you decide to leave home?"

concerning the lockbox, anyone unlocked it or going to break it open?


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

D'OH...I completely forgot about that lockbox! Oh well, since 'Shari was probably exhausted after the events of last night, she would have stowed it away and then waited until Edan arrived to open it. She would take 20 on the Perception check, and also have Edan check for magic. If it is all clear, she would try to unlock it.
Disable Device 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
OoooKayyy...Plan B is to use the acid to destroy the lock.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
'Shari Velnokal wrote:

D'OH...I completely forgot about that lockbox! Oh well, since 'Shari was probably exhausted after the events of last night, she would have stowed it away and then waited until Edan arrived to open it. She would take 20 on the Perception check, and also have Edan check for magic. If it is all clear, she would try to unlock it.

Disable Device 1d20+8
OoooKayyy...Plan B is to use the acid to destroy the lock.

Plan C would be to use a weapon to smash the lock or as my friend calls it, the dwarven lockpic.


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

@Temple of Nethys

Narrator of the lost Tomes wrote:
She looks up distractedly, then once she sees you she focuses more sharply. "You look familiar... Oh! You are that boy that Darla told me of, you really are cute." She says with a wink. "So you want to join the School here in the temple of Nethys do you? Darla will love that. Do you have a particular school that you are focusing on? Anything you want to know?"

Her comments raised Edan's eyebrows in curiosity, and a bit flustered, he ran a hand through his hair and smiled a bit more. "Um.. yes, actually.." 'Inheritor, I'm not blushing am I? I probably am-- definitely am-- focus!' his thoughts were getting the better of him.

"Darla?", the question slipped out, his face slowly reddening. "That is, I would like to study Abjuration, but, well.. I don't have any materials--that is, basics, and well... Things." He trailed off, reminding himself not to ramble, likely after the fact. At least he did not fidget. Edan was likely unaware that his eyes had not really left her face.

He knew the way to the library, he had been there, but the thought of getting to see more of the Temple that he had not seen before was enticing. He was surprised it was this hard to keep a tight rein on his thoughts, one hand brushing the holy symbol that hung around his neck. 'Is there an entry fee? I should have sold some of my old equipment-- How much should I expect to pay? Focus Crosier!'


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Yea - I was gonna mention the box as well, so we're on the same page on that one. Going in order of conversaion...

Lanten nods and adds, "I did sleep well," but there's little enthusiasm in his voice as he continues. Upon hearing that Edan is currently occupied, he grips his hands together on the table briefly as if clutching something in thought. After the brief pause he flatly states: "Well...it's official. I'm suspended for last night's events. Whatever comes from killing the man, I can't tell you. I've also got no word on your friend Ramar, but I'll keep asking if the others guard will tell me anything. And...I've been warned to stay out of trouble and I won't be leaving Saltmarsh anytime soon." He pauses to take another drink and leans back, looking relieved to final get to tell someone what's on his mind.

He sort of shrugs then, and adds to the two of them, "So...I've got no place to go and no job to keep me occupied. If you don't mind my company, I guess I can help you on whatever you find on these cultists or whatever else your up to." A gleam of awareness makes him stop from taking another sip and he hurriedly adds, "That's assuming it doesn't involve breaking and entering a house again...or at least doesn't gets us caught...or...," but he throws up hand.

He instead adds with a wink, "You know what, trouble and me have a way of running into each other, so let's just make it a good kind of trouble, eh?"

Haven't forgotten 'Lina's questions, but that'll be a different post shortly.


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6
Lanten Tiberiu wrote:
Lanten nods and adds, "I did sleep well," but there's little enthusiasm in his voice as he continues. Upon hearing that Edan is currently occupied, he grips his hands together on the table briefly as if clutching something in thought. After the brief pause he flatly states: "Well...it's official. I'm suspended for last night's events. Whatever comes from killing the man, I can't tell you. I've also got no word on your friend Ramar, but I'll keep asking if the others guard will tell me anything. And...I've been warned to stay out of trouble and I won't be leaving Saltmarsh anytime soon." He pauses to take another drink and leans back, looking relieved to final get to tell someone what's on his mind.

"Suspended? Because of us, what we did last night?" 'Shari's voice registered shock and disbelief at this unwelcome news. "Don't the guards realize what we found in that house...it was a CULT? I have a feeling to tell your boss he is WRONG!" She seems about to get up and head out to do just that, then she pauses as the realization strikes her this was HER fault. "I...I am sorry, Lanten. If I had known that would have happened, I NEVER would have gone in there."

Lanten Tiberiu wrote:
He sort of shrugs then, and adds to the two of them, "So...I've got no place to go and no job to keep me occupied. If you don't mind my company, I guess I can help you on whatever you find on these cultists or whatever else your up to." A gleam of awareness makes him stop from taking another sip and he hurriedly adds, "That's assuming it doesn't involve breaking and entering a house again...or at least doesn't gets us caught...or...," but he throws up hand.

'Shari's face grows more flushed as she realizes what these events meant. He can hang around me...if he wants to. I think he likes me too, plus I do OWE him for making him lose his job... She puts on a reassuring smile for him "I think I would really like that. You are quite handy with your...uhhh....sword and I know there may be more cultists out there. I just hope they are not in the mood for revenge...OH!" She snaps her fingers, "I still have that lockbox! Maybe it has some treasure in it, as well as some clues!"


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

Godelina shakes he head at hearing the news.
"Unfortunatly, breaking into a person's home with accusations is against the law and I apologise for what has happened to you, especially as I feel responsible for pushing the group to get in there and find the source of the evil I was sensing." she pauses for a moment, looking to Lanten and then to 'Shari. "'Shari, how much is a night for in one of the rooms here?" Godelina takes out her coin purse on the table and looks to Lanten. "I owe you enough to pay for atleast a few nights board here. I know lesser men would've ran and called the guard or attack 'Shari for no reason. I promise you, we will find the man out there converting people to Asmodeus and I will bring him in alive for questioning so that your name and ours can be cleared."

She has the look of determination in her eyes as she says this and looks to 'Shari again.
"If you can unlock it, please take your time and do so here. Or maybe we should head to your room to examin it in private?" she asks, just realising that what they've been doing might have drawn attention from the guilty party and uses her detect evil to slowly and casually look around the room, just in case.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3
'Shari Velnokal wrote:

"Don't the guards realize what we found in that house...it was a CULT? I have a feeling to tell your boss he is WRONG!" She seems about to get up and head out to do just that...

You are quite handy with your...uhhh....sword and I know there may be more cultists out there.
Godelina Evelyn wrote:

"I owe you enough to pay for at least a few nights board here. I know lesser men would've...I will bring him in alive for questioning so that your name and ours can be cleared."

Lanten seems relieved at the response he gets; little surprised even at the usually quiet 'Shari's outburst - although her strident response and apology also brings a bemused smile to his face. He raises his hands openly as a gesture of acceptance.

"I appreciate the concern and the coin, but I ain't angry cause of it. Just frustrated because I think you were right, and there ain't much I can do to help you now. That house already had a reputation; a feeling that something wrong was festering there - you just chose to do something about it. So don't either of you fret about what's going to happen to me - what the evil cleric said troubles me more. 'Lina's right, you got to find what's going on here - if I can help with that, then as my pa used to say: If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." This last part he says with a grin (and a wink to 'Shari) to lighten the mood.

He pauses to also add, with a tilt of the head at 'Lina's coin offer, "Besides that...I got paid my monthly pay before my suspension, so I should be able to stay in Saltmarsh a couple of months at least with no trouble. And there is favor I need to ask of you, but it can keep until we look at that lockbox you mentioned."

With that he motions to someplace more secluded so they can look at the box.


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

'Shari returns his smile, a relieved look on her face. When he winks at her, her heart nearly skips a beat. He may not think he is a handsome fellow, but I KNOW better...

As Lanten rises to his feet, 'Shari comments (while giving him a wink of her own) "Maybe we should wait for Edan to arrive before we check out the lockbox. After all, it would not be proper to invite a man to my room like THAT!"


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
'Shari Velnokal wrote:

'Shari returns his smile, a relieved look on her face. When he winks at her, her heart nearly skips a beat. He may not think he is a handsome fellow, but I KNOW better...

As Lanten rises to his feet, 'Shari comments (while giving him a wink of her own) "Maybe we should wait for Edan to arrive before we check out the lockbox. After all, it would not be proper to invite a man to my room like THAT!"

Godelina has a confused look on her face for a moment.

"I'm sure he would not mind if he opened it before he arrives and I would be with you too." she states thinking that she's worried Edan would miss out on the reveal of what was inside. "I don't know what you mean by it not being proper to invite a man into your room. I'm invite Edan into my room all the time if we needed to discuss things in private."


Male Human
Edan Crosier wrote:

Her comments raised Edan's eyebrows in curiosity, and a bit flustered, he ran a hand through his hair and smiled a bit more. "Um.. yes, actually.." 'Inheritor, I'm not blushing am I? I probably am-- definitely am-- focus!' his thoughts were getting the better of him.

"Darla?", the question slipped out, his face slowly reddening. "That is, I would like to study Abjuration, but, well.. I don't have any materials--that is, basics, and well... Things." He trailed off, reminding himself not to ramble, likely after the fact. At least he did not fidget. Edan was likely unaware that his eyes had not really left her face.

He knew the way to the library, he had been there, but the thought of getting to see more of the Temple that he had not seen before was enticing. He was surprised it was this hard to keep a tight rein on his thoughts, one hand brushing the holy symbol that hung around his neck. 'Is there an entry fee? I should have sold some of my old equipment-- How much should I expect to pay? Focus Crosier!'

"Ok, very well." she states matter of factly, all business now. "Follow this hallway down to the end and pass through the door at the end and they will tell you what you need to know" She points to the right of the desk at a door you never noticed off to the side of the room. "Darla really liked your drawing." she says with a wink as you walk away.

Lina detects no evil in the Inn.


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

@Temple of Nethys

His eyes widened as he made the connection, and smiled in appreciation, coloring slightly at the compliment. He lifted his hand in a wave of parting and turned to the door that was indicated, feeling better about the day now. That did remind him that there was still that competition that was coming up, and he had not really given much thought to what he was going to paint, beyond that he wanted it to benefit the church. Putting that thought away for now, he knocked politely on the door and then opened it.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3
'Shari Velnokal wrote:
"Maybe we should wait for Edan to arrive before we check out the lockbox. After all, it would not be proper to invite a man to my room like THAT!"
Godelina Evelyn wrote:
"I'm sure he would not mind if he opened it before he arrives and I would be with you too. I don't know what you mean by it not being proper to invite a man into your room. I'm invite Edan into my room all the time if we needed to discuss things in private."

Lanten gives a slight smile at 'Shari's comment, but his ears turn a shade of red as the implication starts to dawn on him. Before he can say much more, 'Lina's statement causes him to cover a smile as certain other notions suddenly flood his head. He manages to cough a bit and take a drink to recover his balance before adding:

"Well...if you want to wait on Edan, it's alright by me. There's another matter I can speak of to bide the time," he offers with one hand and stretches the other out as a second option, "But if 'Lina wants to speak for both of them, then I can certainly wait here while you two go check on the box."

He looks around, and adds, "I wouldn't want to give Miss Kailee the wrong impression of you or my intentions, would I?"


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

'Shari smiles back at him, seeming unaware of the effect her words had on him. "I guess 'Lina and I can check out the box before Edan gets here."

Narrator, just use 'Shari's previous rolls to open the box.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
'Shari Velnokal wrote:

'Shari smiles back at him, seeming unaware of the effect her words had on him. "I guess 'Lina and I can check out the box before Edan gets here."

Narrator, just use 'Shari's previous rolls to open the box.

or just spend time to take 20 on the roll which might be a auto-success.


Male Human
Edan Crosier wrote:

@Temple of Nethys

His eyes widened as he made the connection, and smiled in appreciation, coloring slightly at the compliment. He lifted his hand in a wave of parting and turned to the door that was indicated, feeling better about the day now. That did remind him that there was still that competition that was coming up, and he had not really given much thought to what he was going to paint, beyond that he wanted it to benefit the church. Putting that thought away for now, he knocked politely on the door and then opened it.

When you attempt to knock on the door, your fist pushes into it becoming enveloped buy the spongy substance. When you attempt to pull your hand back out it begins to pull on you, sucking you through the "door". You get pulled through onto a chute of some sort and after a few twists and turns fall into a room full of books with a number of intellectual looking people standing about talking, your tumble into the pile of books at the end of the chute abruptly ends their conversations however. Before you manage to right yourself from your upside down position you hear, "Request to state hypothesis." When you right yourself you see it was a rather portly man who spoke. "Proceed." Says a man who appears very old and wise. "Someone appears to have fallen through the new applications chute." The portly man states. "Very well, initiate peer review. Says the old, wise man. "Impossible, no one has ever come out of the applications chute from that direction before, otherwise we never would have put the books over there. A singular contradicting case is insufficient to over turn precedence." Says a mousey looking woman matter of factly. "Since that chute is used exclusively for applicants, we can conclude that no one has fallen through it." The old man blinks looking bored, then drones "Argument received, begin vote. With that, a flurry of activity happens, but no one actually seems to be doing anything that you can make out. "25 likes, 30 dislikes. The hypothesis is rejected. We may then conclude that a fall-like event may have occurred, no further claims can be credibly made." The old man finishes. With that everyone seems to loose interest in you and begin to start talking or moving about the room again.


Male Human

Shari and Lina go to Shari's room to examine the box that they liberated from the cultists. After pouring a small amount of acid onto the lock and waiting a moment for it to eat its way though you can pull the lid open. Inside the box is a number of gems as well as a wicked looking dagger and few scrolls. The gems are of decent size and very pretty, The dagger just looks evil and of the scrolls once seems different then the rest. When you unroll it to examine it neither of you can read the writing on it.


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

'Shari glances at 'Lina, a nervous look in her eyes. "What should we do about this dagger, 'Lina? I don't even want to TOUCH it!" She points at the scroll, "Do you think Edan could read this?"

Appraise the gems 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Male Human
'Shari Velnokal wrote:

'Shari glances at 'Lina, a nervous look in her eyes. "What should we do about this dagger, 'Lina? I don't even want to TOUCH it!" She points at the scroll, "Do you think Edan could read this?"

Appraise the gems 1d20+7

Looking through all the gems in the box you would guess it to be about 1000 gp worth if you could find someone who specialized in gems, a jeweler perhaps.


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

@Temple of Nethys

Narrator of the lost Tomes wrote:
With that, a flurry of activity happens, but no one actually seems to be doing anything that you can make out. "25 likes, 30 dislikes. The hypothesis is rejected. We may then conclude that a fall-like event may have occurred, no further claims can be credibly made." The old man finishes. With that everyone seems to loose interest in you and begin to start talking or moving about the room again.

Currently being upside down made the conversation that Edan overheard even more surreal, and flurry of speaking made his eyes want to cross, but much to his surprise, he followed it-- that is, he understood the words, but their usage was on a level that he was barely familiar with.

He also had the suspicion that he was being tested.

Righting himself caused the falling of more books, and the pausing of their resumed conversations in a language that he knew, but did not have more than a scant familiarity with. Some of the books were in a language that he did not understand, and others were on topics that he never thought even could be topics. Thinking momentarily, he interjected himself into the quiet.

"..Request to.. deliver.. introduction?" The frown on his face was very indicative of his confusion, as well as his uncertainty. One hand ran through his hair, pushing it out of his face again, though it just fell back. Choosing one of them, he looked at the wise old man to pose his question towards.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

@DM & Edan in the Temple: LOL!
With the ladies gone to check the box, Lanten eases back in his chair for a bit. He closes his eyes and thinks on the circumstances that have developed, and he's glad for the response he got from 'Shari and 'Lina both.

First time in months I don't feel completely on my own, even if it doesn't help me...just glad to not be feeling...alone. Considering 'Shari's smile, he gets a small smille and considers how she moves - light and quick; a soft flow to her form - as she left the table. The conversation also reminds him of 'Lina's comment and he chuckles again.
Maybe's she more than just an otherworld being; she's more...human...than I'd given her. He instinctively rubs his right forearm and ponders how this changes his opinion of plane-touched folk.

This train of thought leads him to suddenly get a little nervous about them and the investigation - growing a little paranoid that someone might indeed be watching. Lanten decides to get up and get something to eat, but he also to get a look around the tavern and listen. A little slower than usual, he gets a refill and orders up some bread, cheese, and what small meats they have before having a seat again to await the ladies' return. Hopefully, he finds nothing out of place from his regular visits.

bluff: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
'Shari Velnokal wrote:

'Shari glances at 'Lina, a nervous look in her eyes. "What should we do about this dagger, 'Lina? I don't even want to TOUCH it!" She points at the scroll, "Do you think Edan could read this?"

Appraise the gems 1d20+7

got Celestial and Draconic, but it's neither of those? Okey.

Godelina just shrugs helplessly at the mention of the scrolls as she can't seem to make heads or tails of the writing herself.
"Maybe...let's just keep this here and wait for him to decipher it. We should bring this to Lanten though, his experience as the city guard will tell us what they will think if we present this evidence. The gems are worth far more than that couple could've possibly afforded, I think. Far too much." she pauses as she looks at the dagger, getting a dark vibe off it. "I think Lanten should see this first, then Edan to decipher the scripts and then we hand it into the guard. I don't know what they might think about removeing evidence from the scene of the crime, but leaving the gems in there should prove that we didn't fabricate this. Shame, the cash could help us, buy magic items, but they need to see all that's in there as it was before opening it."

I assume if the dagger was evil aligned it would've given off a glow when Godelina use detect evil whilst in the house and earlier in the inn.

Godelina then picks up the dagger, examining it's wicked curves and design slowly and taking in the look of it and what it's use might be. if this was CSI, I'd point out she's wearing Gauntlets

Knowledge Religion (to see what rituals it might be used in. Human or animal sacrifice, to dance with, to thrust into the earth or whatever): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

'Shari nods in agreement to 'Lina's response. "Wait here, I will go fetch Lanten." As she heads out to locate him, she thinks Decorum be damned, this is serious stuff here.

Once he has joined the group, she points out the scrolls to him. "Can you make sense of these?"


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Lost in thought for the moment, 'Shari's retrieval catches him a little off guard. He diligently follows and then examines the box's contents.

He whistles softly at the gems, and glares at the dagger for the moment with an eye towards functionality. "Looks like a ceremonial affair - maybe its used for a ritual of some kind? Sure doesn't seem like the kind of thing you'd use to slice bread."

Finally, Lanten stares at all of the scrolls - seeing if he can understand any of it.

Unless its in Elvish, can't read it. If its magical, maybe a couple of skill checks?
Knowledge(Aracana): 1d20 ⇒ 7
Use Magic Device: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19


Male Human

Update tomorrow, too much to do today.


Male Human
Edan Crosier wrote:
"..Request to.. deliver.. introduction?" The frown on his face was very indicative of his confusion, as well as his uncertainty. One hand ran through his hair, pushing it out of his face again, though it just fell back. Choosing one of them, he looked at the wise old man to pose his question towards.

"Hum? It speaks? What do you want, where did you come from? The old man asks while looking at a page of information in front of him on a desk that was not there a moment ago.

Lina's Group
The dagger is indeed not evilly aligned, it is simply a gaudy ceremonial dagger that is barely functional, or it was purposely crafted to cause more pain when used, you are not really sure.

As for the majority of the scrolls you think they are divine scrolls but Edan would probably be able to tell you for sure. As for the scroll that you don't know what it is, you still don't know.

If you use the use magic device skill it is an actual attempt to use the device, since I assume you do not wish to try and use every single scroll right now, which would render them useless if you could get them to work and didn't unleash the magic uncontrolably. I will just ignore that roll.

651 to 700 of 1,022 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Adventures from the Lost Tomes All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.