Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Adventures from the Lost Tomes

Game Master Dementia Walker


601 to 650 of 1,022 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

Male Human

Even with everyone surrounding the cleric he still manages to dodge and weave, blocking attacks with his armor or mace. Ignoring Shari's little prick into his exposed armpit, he retaliates with a shout, again swinging at Lina this time with only one hand holding the mace. His other arms gauntlet occupied blocking Edan's sword swing.

Attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Completely rending her already damaged chainmail from his first blow and dealing another crushing blow to her ribs. He grins as his attack hits home "I will kill you Paladin, and then my god will give me even greater rewards then he already has bestowed upon me."

Lina your AC drops by 2


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

oops, forgot to add another from blessing. Also the drop in AC is from what may I ask? Her CR has been reduced to 19 now.

attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Lanten shifts with the block, pulling his rapier to swing around with his other hand. The move is awkward and fails to strike, but it manages to throw the cleric off-balance enough that Lanten's short sword sinks under the man's guard.

Rapier: 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 + 2 = 7
Sword: 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 + 1 + 2 = 20

Rapier Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Sword Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

"Mister, there ain't no reward worth the beating you're gettin'."

In case it helps, here's an intimidate roll for being a smarta$$.1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

'Shari sees Edan help 'Lina out and sighs in relief. When she notes the armor damaged by the foul cultist, she tries to assist in bolstering 'Lina's defenses.

Aid Another Lina +2 AC 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 + 2 + 1 = 20


Male Human

Edan, you posted on the discussion thread for some reason but I saw it. Lina you gain 8 HP from him, your -2 AC is due to your armor being damaged, this is not something that is going to be happening regularly just go with it for now.

Lina caught by surprise by the mace to the chest misses on her next attack, Lanten manages to get a good solid hit through a chink in the Cleric's armor. The Cleric stumbles forward and almost falls and then catches himself, with a shout brings his mace down on Lina again. Hitting her even though Shari is assisting.

Attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Lina:
Every time you have been hit by the mace you have been getting flashes of a cosmic battle of a powerful celestial vs. an evil devil, they have been more intense each time, and this time you feel that you have made contact with the Celestial's mind that is partaking in this battle. You feel that he is weak, weaker then the devil, and at first it shrinks away but then comes back with force. "YOU ARE A PALADIN? ASSIST ME!" It crys, and then the contact is gone.

Everyone can tell that both Lina and the Cleric seem visibly shaken by that last attack, and the cleric seems barely able to stand so much blood is leaking out from him.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

Godelina, looks shaken from the last blow, but ust grits her teeth through the pain and brings down the blade once again in hopes of finally gutting this cleric where he stands.
"I will send you do you master so he can see the first of many servants I'll cut down!" she screams as she lifts her sword up and brings it down with as much might as she can muster, considering how wounded she is.

attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

DM:

Knowledge Religion1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

nothing recognisable about the celestial or deity such as if they are prominant figures in any religion? Don't have knowledge planes so unless they're known figures like Gods or Saits, then no clue. Nor if the roll is good enough.


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

I wish I had never entered this house! 'Shari thinks crazily as she watches 'Lina get hammered again. If she dies here...

Resolution masks her face as she tries to finish off the evil cleric.

Attack Dagger 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 + 2 + 1 = 19; Damage 1d4 - 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) - 1 + (1) = 3


Male Human

With that the evil cleric falls to the ground, run through on Lina's sword. As the mace clatters to the ground beside him his magical armor shimmers and fades. Just before he dies he whispers "You cannot hope to halt this with your current power, I am but a lowly cleric and you could barely defeat me..."

Lina:
You cannot think of any current or recent religions that have any stories like this in them.

I will need to know what everyone does from this point at the end of combat up until they exit the house. I will provide clarification and background dependent upon what you all do.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Sheathing his blades, Lanten looks down at the dead man and mutters, "Say hello to Hell, Mister - I'm sure they'll find your soul tasty."

He briefly looks around at the carnage and tries to get thing in order. Gotta keep 'em focused...can't worry about what this fella was blathering about right now.
In a calm, but level voice he starts:

"I don't know what that fellow was hoping to accomplish, but this ruckus has bound to have either woken the neighbors or alerted the watch patrol. Somebody's going to be here soon enough and we need to be moving." He moves towards the unconscious woman and looks for anything like rope to keep her bound.

"'Shari - we need information or evidence to show the watch. That altar will give us some proof," he says as he points towards the unholy thing. "But give this place a good look for anything that might give us another clue about his 'Masters' - a location, letter, trap-door, anything."

"Edan - please get Goldi-locks...err, I mean...'Lina there patched up. She's gonna need to walk or be carried out of here without bleedin' all over town."

Finally, he looks at 'Lina straight for a moment."You gave that bastard what he deserved, but we might be get accused of breaking the law - no mattter how justfied. If you're sensing anymore evil, it will be helpful to know."

Unless 'Shari does it first, Lanten will proceed to also check the dead cleric for any clues after everything else is done.

Hope this doesn't come off as too pushy.


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

As the cleric dies and his armor fades, Edan lowers his shield and bows his head, speaking softly in prayer for those departed. "May the soul sent your way be judged according to his deeds, Pharasma. May the light of the Inheritor stand by him until then.. Serve who he would, a life was still lost this eve." His hand to his chest, Edan channeled the energy that The Inheritor granted, spilling the sensation of righteous sunshine through all gathered, and healing their smaller wounds.
Channel Energy:1d6 ⇒ 5


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

'Shari pauses for a second trying to catch her breath. She was not used to such combats. A part of her wanted to run screaming from the house, to escape the carnage. Fortunately, Lanten's words snapped her back to reality.

"Yes, Lanten.

She moves over to the cleric's corpse, trying not to gag on the smell and examines his body for any other signs of evidence. Once finished with him, she moves to the rest of the house and looks over each area carefully. Take 20 on Perception, total 25.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

Godelina looks down at the body and after Edan says his prayer she makes certain he's dead by thrusting the blade through his chest.

coup de grace 2d8 + 8 ⇒ (4, 8) + 8 = 20

At the death of this evil cleric of aura fades and she uses her sword for balance, clearly showing how weak she really was after all the attacks and wounds. Edan's healing knits some of her wounds back together, but not all.

Looking to Lanten she nods.
"The alter and the woman glow evil, but I don't see anything else that does." she looks down at the mace in curiosity and picks it up for others to look at and have a good look at it. "Is it magical? I saw strange images when he attacked me with this."

Godelina, taking the time to heal herself, performs her paladin powers, using her powers to heal herself a little better.

lay on hands 11d6 ⇒ 6

lay on hands 21d6 ⇒ 3

lay on hands 31d6 ⇒ 5

after Edan's charge upto 10/21, now she's at max and has one left if anyone else needs healing or she needs to heal herself later.

Godelina uses her detect evil ability again, just to check things over in case there are more auras of evil approching.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Assuming he binds the woman successfully, Lanten pauses and looks around at the others with a puzzled look. "Where's Ramar?"


Male Human
Godelina Evelyn wrote:

Looking to Lanten she nods.

"The alter and the woman glow evil, but I don't see anything else that does." she looks down at the mace in curiosity and picks it up for others to look at and have a good look at it. "Is it magical? I saw strange images when he attacked me with this."

Godelina uses her detect evil ability again, just to check things over in case there are more auras of evil approching.

Actually, it was not the woman that had an evil aura but the mace that you now hold in your hand. (The man, the mace and the alter were the 3 evil auras you detected, Shari was the one that assumed it was the man and the woman.) Since the cleric used it it went from being faintly evil to being almost overpoweringly evil.

As soon as Lina picks the mace up from the floor she goes rigid and her eyes glaze over.

:Lina:
As soon as you pick the mace up from the floor your mind is thrust back to the epic battle, you can sense that these beings have the power to destroy worlds. You can feel the relief from the celestial as soon as your minds make contact again. "THE EVIL CLERIC IS DEAD THEN." he states rather then asks "THIS IS GOOD, THEY CAME VERY CLOSE TO DESTROYING ME, BUT NOW I HAVE THE ADVANTAGE." and with that knowledge of the item you hold in your hand floods into your consciousness.

While not being an artifact the weapon is very close to one in power, currently however the celestial is very weak and will not be able to unlock everything that weapon can do for you since the devil is fighting him and blocking some of its abilities.

The weapon you hold is actually a key to a pocket plane of existence, it holds the Celestial and Devil there where they cannot interact with the outside world, whoever holds the weapon assists one or the other dependent on alignment and acts, good aligned people performing good deeds bolster the Celestial, and opposite for the Devil. Currently the devil is still more powerful, but weakening now that he no longer has his conduit. The Celestials job is to keep the Devil locked away in his prison and volunteered to be locked away with him to ensure that he would never escape.

Currently the weapon can take the form of any melee weapon that you know how to use, acts as a +1 magic weapon and provides you with a set of masterwork splint mail(or lesser armor, anything scale mail or less that it summons is also +1 magic armor.), though no shield.

Shari, you find nothing on the man since all he was wearing was a simple night gown prior to picking up the mace and there is no pockets in it. Most of the house has normal household mundane items, however in a hidden nook behind the alter you find a locked strong box, about 1ft by 1ft and not very heavy. You could easily carry it out with you.

Lanten, All of you had entered the building prior to Ramar 'leaving' so no one knows where he is.


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

'Shari shakes her head, "I...I don't sense Ramar anymore, he must have broken the link we share. I hope he is all right..."

She shows the lockbox to the others, "I believe this would hold any evidence we would need to prove our case here, Lanten."


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

"This weapon is far beyond anything I have ever seen..." she looks upon it and looking to Edan, she gives a smirk as the mace then transforms into a longsword. "I do not know where he obtained such a powerful item, but I'd wish to hold onto it, if you do not object?"

Godelina explains about the item and the devil and celestial that fight inside it.

basically everything in the spoiler above.

"Who are we dealing with if they have managed to secure an item like this?" she asks, sheathing the once-a-mace sword away. "If someone has the skill, we'll need it opened."


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Lanten lets out a low whistle of amazement at 'Lina's explanation and the weapon's transformation.

Godelina Evelyn wrote:
"Who are we dealing with if they have managed to secure an item like this?"

At her question, Lanten's answer is impulsive and direct. "Cheliax...Cheliax and it's Asmodean servants. Either they made it or they stole it off someone. I'd bet a cask of Andoran Ale on it." He gives 'Lina a wry grin and and bluntly adds,"You scare me a bit, Godelina Evelyn, but I'm glad that weapon's in your hands now."

He turns towards 'Shari's discovery and looks at her with a warm smile. "Nice work, 'Shari. This should help." He pauses to examine the box and then adds with a slight hesitation,"I don't want to imply anything, but do you have the skills to open it?"


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

Edan watches 'Lina's actions with the sword, and shook his head with a slight smile at her smirk. "To the victor go the spoils", he said with a slight shrug, taking time time to arrange the man's body respectfully, covering him with the cover that was pulled from the bed. "'Lina, could you please Smite the altar? I would attempt to destroy it myself, but I do not think that I would carry enough.." at this, he smiled a bit. "..authority."

With the time that he had taken in respecting the body, Edan looked up at everyone else. "We are not thieves", he stated firmly, looking mostly at 'Lina. "'Shari, if you can open it, please do, as I would not want an evil item to remain."

He turned his eyes to Lanten. "Would the watch object to holding her", he indicated the wife with his chin, "instead of our church for the time being? I am sure that there will be questions, but we do not supersede the town's law, I do not think." Still somber, Edan was clearly not comfortable with this unfamiliar situation. "Would 'assault on empowered church personnel' do for now?" He fully intended to explain the situation to the watch when the time came, but the church would be relieved to find some progress on their mission here.

His thoughts were whirling quickly, and he was sure he was missing things, but as Lanten had pointed out earlier, their time was likely running out.


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6
Lanten Tiberiu wrote:
He turns towards 'Shari's discovery and looks at her with a warm smile. "Nice work, 'Shari. This should help." He pauses to examine the box and then adds with a slight hesitation,"I don't want to imply anything, but do you have the skills to open it?"

'Shari blushes in response to Lanten's compliment, which only grows deeper when he asks her his question. "I...I don't think I can, Lanten. I do have some acid which I can use to destroy the lock, though."

She does take time to examine the lock, to make sure it is not trapped. Take 20, total 25.


Male Human

For future reference taking 20 means you continue to try until you succeed. Meaning you do it multiple times without worrying if you fail and is generally used for searching a room for hidden doors or the like when you are not rushed for time. If you were doing something that has a penalty for failure (i.e. searching for traps) it is assumed that you would fail before you succeeded, setting off the trap. Taking 10 is what you would want in this case. Taking 10 assumes an average roll of the dice on the first roll and is allowed when not rushed by something, such as outside combat.

Shari, The chest does not appear to be trapped. Probably because the Cleric assumed he would be there to protect it or it wouldn't be found in its hidden alcove.

You all begin to hear noises of a gathering crowd in the streets through the open front door of the house, probably gathered by the neighbors from all the shouting coming from your combat. In the distance you can barely make out the sounds of the watch telling people to move so that they can investigate.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3
'Shari Velnokal wrote:
"I...I don't think I can, Lanten. I do have some acid which I can use to destroy the lock, though."

"Fair enough. Do what you can. I'm hoping there's something useful to getting to the bottom of this or at least give us something to show the watch as proof."

Edan Crosier wrote:

"'Lina, could you please Smite the altar?"

"Would the watch object to holding her", he indicated the wife with his chin, "instead of our church for the time being? I am sure that there will be questions, but we do not supersede the town's law, I do not think." "Would 'assault on empowered church personnel' do for now?"

He turns to Edan and responds to his questions.

"To be honest, Edan, I don't know if that argument will work, but it's sounds good. I'm still a rookie guardsman to anyone official, so how much weight I'll carry may be moot. But your senior priest is on the Town Council, ain't she? So that might help."

"My immediate concern is that when we walk out of here, dragging an unconscious woman and leaving a dead man behind, the watch is liable to arrest first and ask questions later. I understand that thing," he points towards the altar," needs to be destroyed, but it could help if we show it to the guards first as justification for breaking in."

Finally, he tilts his head at the sounds of the outside noise. "Looks like our time is up." He gives them all a steely gaze. "I'm going to see if I can buy us some time - it may involve some lying - and I'll let you decide what you want to do."


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
Lanten Tiberiu wrote:


Edan Crosier wrote:

"'Lina, could you please Smite the altar?"

"Would the watch object to holding her", he indicated the wife with his chin, "instead of our church for the time being? I am sure that there will be questions, but we do not supersede the town's law, I do not think." "Would 'assault on empowered church personnel' do for now?"

He turns to Edan and responds to his questions.

"To be honest, Edan, I don't know if that argument will work, but it's sounds good. I'm still a rookie guardsman to anyone official, so how much weight I'll carry may be moot. But your senior priest is on the Town Council, ain't she? So that might help."

"My immediate concern is that when we walk out of here, dragging an unconscious woman and leaving a dead man behind, the watch is liable to arrest first and ask questions later. I understand that thing," he points towards the altar," needs to be destroyed, but it could help if we show it to the guards first as justification for breaking in."

"My sentiments exactly." Godelina states as she looks to the alter in revoltion. "We need the alter for evidence that our cause was just. However, once that is been reported I would gladly destroy it with this new blade." she states as she looks into her reflection in the blade, still marveled at it's presance and exsistance.


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

"Then that is what we can do for now." Edan smiled as he looked at the three of them. "Regardless of what happens, we have done good. If Lanten is going out there to try to placate the crowd, we are likely to gain more guardsmen, in which case I would think that we should remain to make sure the evidence is seen by more than just us." Returning his shield to his back, Edan bent down and picked up the tied woman with some effort, placing her carefully on the bed. She may have been on the floor, but he did not want undue harm coming to her, and even discomfort, if it could be avoided. It was idealistic, but if all she was guilty of was love, he would not tarnish the church's name.

That done, he went to the doorway and leaned against it, letting his mind run. From time to time, his eyes would flick to Godelina, and her new weapon.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Lanten gave a nod as he headed for the front. With his back to them, a small grin in relief crosses his face. Glad to know they won't be sneaking out the window on me.

As he approached the front door, he tried his best to get an assessment of the scene before going out. Maybe see if he spotted Ramar anywhere.
Having done so, he checks to make sure his equipment is sheathed and not bloody. Then takes a deep breath and steps outside to talk with either the crowd or guardsmen as needed.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Male Human

When you look out the open door you see a small, nervous looking, crowd of about 20 adults in a semicircle around the door about 10ft back from it. You assume the sound of combat drew them and recognize at least a few from the surrounding houses. A few have lanterns or the like and some others have clubs or some other make shift weapons. At the back of the group you see two of the city guard, one is asking the people what is happening and the other is telling the group to disperse back to their homes.

Lantin, you know that one of the guards is the one that relieved you. The other is probably one of the guards from a nearby beat. When you step out into the street the people still looking forward gasp and look at you, waiting for you to say something since you don't appear to be about to attack them.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Lanten tries to remain cool as he can muster. Hope there's something useful in that box...the fat's about to hit the fire out here.

Recalling similar family disturbances, he starts talking in a easy, calming tone and gesturing slowly,"It's alright folks...had a domestic squabble here that got a little out of hand. Everything's alright now; everyone's resting fine. Let's not embarrass 'em by staring and asking questions at them right now, eh? There's be plenty of time for that tomorrow; you can go back to getting your rest tonight with no troubles."

He stands in a firm stance in front of the door - blocking it to make sure no one tries to wander in until the other guardsmen get over to his location.

Bluff: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

I don't see the watch sargeant, so maybe I can get Gert to listen to me before he gets too worked up at the sights.


Male Human

At Lanten's declaration the crowd, while still appearing interested begins to disperse. The other two town guards watching them leave. 'Gert' is a slight, wispy looking man that is surprisingly good with the rapier and the other guard with him looks like he could masquerade as a stone wall and be convincing.

After the towns folk leave the guards walk up to Lanten. "Wat's goin on Lanten?" Gert asks, "I relieved you from doin yer rounds hours ago and there were reports of combat from inside that 'ouse."

inside the house

The woman on the bed begins to moan and stir, straining a bit against her bonds.


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

'Shari decides to keep quiet for now, allowing Lanten and the others to handle the guardsmen. She whispers to the woman, "Easy now, you are a prisoner of the City Guard, just stop your struggling."


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

Edan had his arms crossed, repeatedly eyeing the altar with distaste, though he did breathe a slight sigh of of relief as it seemed that the crowd did disperse. Thoughtful, he turned his eyes to 'Shari, and then to Godelina, thinking some more. He could feel that he was capable of more, but the manner of going about it was something that he could not quite manage right now. He was going to have to seek some advice-- he did have an idea about what he could do, but it was possible that there may have been something that he was overlooking.

Continuing to let his thoughts wander while they waited for the guard, Edan's head snapped up from its thoughtful position when he heard the woman move, seeing 'Shari get there first and wondering if her words would be enough.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3
Narrator of the lost Tomes wrote:

"Wat's goin on Lanten?" Gert asks, "I relieved you from doin yer rounds hours ago and there were reports of combat from inside that 'ouse."

Lanten glances around and speaks quietly to the two men, hoping that what he tells them doesn't get out of earshot. "Short of it, Gert - couple of priests found some cultists, Asmodeans no less, holed up in the house. I think you'll want to see this for yerself."

Lanten pauses, hoping that news is enough to worry them with interest.

"During my shift, I heard some strange chanting from the house - something that raise the hairs on your neck - but it stopped. Hearing stories about these folk's child going missing didn't help but make me nervous. Had nothing but me own gut feeling..." Lanten points his hand in the direction of the door.

"Until I go off watch and get a break, I hear this story that these Iomedean's - paladin and a cleric no less - are suspicious of these people and sensing evil from the house and they decide to talk to these folks. It was getting late, and didn't want run back to the guard house to get somebody, so I offered to tag along and thought at most we'd wake somebody up to ask 'em a couple of questions."

Lanten gestures now with a little glare in his eyes. "So the door's unlocked and nobody's answering. So we walk in, and there plain as a plant is this ugly altar - something straight like you'd see from those Cheliax nobles that worship Hell. The priest start asking questions; man in there get's mad. Next thing I know, he and his wife come swinging at us with maces like they've had a fire lit under 'em!"

At this point, Lanten smacks one hand into his other. "Woman of the house, I wrestle 'er to the ground - trying to keep things calm until we sort this out. But the man, he's truly taken - wouldn't give in; flinging magic about; babbling 'Can't have my secrets' or some such. The paladin had to take him down or we'd all have been a lot worse off. Woman's alive, maybe addled a little from the fight; but the man - fraid he's dead - I'm regretting t'say."

Lanten pauses - hoping to read some response in the two men's faces before gesturing and walking back inside the house to show them the discovery.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Bluff: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


Male Human

Gert looks worried for a moment, then says "Look Lanten, this is way above our pay grade, we should bring this to the captain. If you can vouch that the people with you aren't gonna skip town they can head home until we get this all ironed out. You should go home and get some rest too, if we need any of you for anything we will send a runner. We will take the woman into custody for now and get this all cleaned up. I'll see you tomorrow." and with that steps aside so everyone can file out of the house.

Just need to know if you are taking the lock box with you or leaving it with the guard. You can do your normal character interactions on the way back to your places of rest but that is pretty much the end of this portion of the story arc. Everyone gets to level up to 3, let me know when everyone is ready to advance the story and I will hopefully be back on this evening to check.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

I assume we will be taking the lockbox, either having unlocked it or unlocking it back the inn. Still would like to know what's in there,

Upon leaving the house and being asked if they were staying she nods.
"Until our business at the temple and this town is done, we might move on, but not yet. she statess she moves on towards the inn, not caring the looks the men give her upon seeing her golden eyes and shining metallic hair giving off the same radient golden glow.


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

Following shortly after Godelina was Edan, who by now had realized that he was tired. The amount of things that had happened recently, coupled with him trying to keep everything in mind had him drained. Right now, he just wanted his cot, to remove the armor he had on, and to talk to Senior Priest Ivessa. He did, however, remember to give a polite nod to the members of the watch as he passed them, on their way back to the Temple.
Who is carrying the lockbox?


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

Ushari nods weakly, glad the woman had not raised a fuss. She thinks, I mean, her husband was killed after all... She nods shyly at the guard as she follows Lina and Edan out of the house, the lockbox stowed away safely in her pack.

I hope I will be able to open this box on my own.

WOOHOO!!


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Lanten nods at guardsman's suggestion. "Fair enough by me. It's been a strange enough night that I could use some rest for sure. I owe ya a pint, Gert."

At the rest of the group's exit from the house, he adds to the two men,"Yea - I'll vouch for them, they's holy folks and just want to do what's right I think. Besides..." he whispers something further and gestures in the direction of the three of them.

Perception DC 15:

"...you get a look at that paladin? Hard not to trust her with those looks; and she's hardly gonna be able to sneak out of town." He adds this with a wink, trying to put the men at ease by distracting their attention to 'Lina and away from 'Shari and Edan before any questions get asked.

Once he leaves the guardsmen to review the scene, Lanten catches up with the others and directs his next statement to Edan and 'Lina. "Iffn' your headed for the temple, I'll take my leave of you then and head home. If you were looking for a drink before that, not sure the Lizard Boat's still open, but it will be on me."

He also turns to 'Shari and adds,"Miss 'Shari, I know you have your friends to help, but if you're needing an escort home, I'm happy to oblige."

Yay on the level ding!


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

'Shari watches Edan and Lina depart for the Temple and gazes at the paladin for a moment, her face unreadable. As they head off, she waves goodbye to them calling out, "I will see you tommorow then." When Lanten asks her to escort her home she blushes again and for a brief second gets a look in her eyes like a cornered animal before she gulps and almost shyly holds her arm out for him to take.

"Thank you, Lanten. I think I would...like that."


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

didn't notice the post about leveling lol. Well I've gained a mercy now. I also have Aura of Courage making me Immune to fear effects and everyone within 10ft of me gains a +4 to saves vs fear effects as long as I'm concious. I am also now immune to all diseases even magical and supernatural, including mummy rot.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Godelina looks to their new companion and shrugs before looking around carefully.
"Where is Ramar...?" she asks looking around carefully and using detect evil to see any new auras of evil nearby. "Shouldn't we look for him? In this city I'm not surprised if some other evil has emerged. An evil that I shall smite!" she says drawing her sword to make the point clear as she has no idea where or when he dissappeared.


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

Thinking for a moment, Edan just smiles at 'Lina's zeal and shrugs. "It is possible that he simply decided to hide because of the crowd that was gathering outside." Turning his head to Ushari, he looked askance at her. "Did he say anything at all to you? It may have been so very sudden that he had to end the spell and get out of the way.. Large crowds are not known for being especially reasonable."

He sped his walk up some to peer around at 'Lina's armor. "It looked like one of his hits was especially hard. Was there any lasting damage?" A spell that broke armor was not known to him immediately, but that did not mean that it could not have occurred.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Lanten nods at Edan's suggestion adding, "He was nowhere to be found when I came out and spoke with the guardsmen, so that makes sense. I didn't want to mention it in front of them, since having a 'lookout' watching our backs for breaking and entering is hardly going to win us a favorable response."

At Godelina's suggestion of finding him, Lanten gives a shrug/sigh - thoughts of taking off his armor and getting some rest dissipating as he refocuses. "Well, Miss Godelina, I'll look for him if you folks have any suggestions . I hardly know the man's haunts - did he have sleeping rooms or home he could've returned to? Favorite tavern?."
He gives them all scanning glance, looking for some recognition.
There is some annoyance in his otherwise cool voice as he continues,"Otherwise, this is a big town to go wandering around at night looking for him with no clue."

'Shari:

Some point once they settle all the searching for Ramar; and assuming they don't find him.

At 'Shari's acknowledgement, Lanten gives her a mild smile and takes her arm to escort her home. Seeing the slightly panicked look in her eyes, he adds in a calm voice and wink, "Don't fret now, I promise to be a gentleman escort for the evening - no funny stuff, iffn' that's got you worried I mean."

He pauses as they walk and adds,"'Shari, I'm sorry your boyfriend is missing suddenly, but I'll help you all find him as best I can."


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

Lanten:
'Shari's face glows a rather pleasant shade of crimson and she stutters "That's...uhh...okay....Ramar is not m...m...my...b-b-b-oyfriend! He is just a...friend!". Her face is quite flushed now, as Lanten can see. She takes a deep breath and adds, "He is a good man, I just know it. I hope he is OK." She gives Lanten a shy smile, "Thank you for helping us out there, I do apreciate it."


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Lanten exhales a little after his last statement, clearly a little drained from the evening's events. "I'm puzzled as you all are about Ramar's disappearance, but we don't seem to have any clues as to where he's fled to. How about this: You three see if he might have returned to his rooms or the Lizard Boat. I'll meet up with you at the 'Boat' after I go back to the city watch tower, and file him as a missing person so that patrols can keep an eye out for him. I can describe him, but if one of you has a picture of him, I can bring that too. Hopefully, we'll hear something soon or we can ask again tomorrow." He raises his hands with palms open in a What do you think? gesture.

Hopefully this will give Ramar time to rejoin us, if he can.

'Shari:

At the information, Lanten's ears grow a little red for his presumption as well. "Oh...I thought you two were...I mean he seemed awfully...," he gushes before trying to recompose himself and waving it away. "Well, bee sting me for making like a gossipy washer-woman. I don't mean to make you nervous; just wanted you to know I'll help."

At 'Shari's thanks, he gives a wide smile and he explains with a glaze of rememberance."I've...I've had a bit of a hard road settling in here. Saltmarsh's a rough, honest place and I'd hate to see a lass like you have a hard time living here. You and your friends look to be doing some good things, so if I keep you out trouble for bit, then it's alright by me." He adds this with a small grin.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
Lanten Tiberiu wrote:

Lanten exhales a little after his last statement, clearly a little drained from the evening's events. "I'm puzzled as you all are about Ramar's disappearance, but we don't seem to have any clues as to where he's fled to. How about this: You three see if he might have returned to his rooms or the Lizard Boat. I'll meet up with you at the 'Boat' after I go back to the city watch tower, and file him as a missing person so that patrols can keep an eye out for him. I can describe him, but if one of you has a picture of him, I can bring that too. Hopefully, we'll hear something soon or we can ask again tomorrow." He raises his hands with palms open in a What do you think? gesture.

Hopefully this will give Ramar time to rejoin us, if he can.

** spoiler omitted **

Godelina bows in an agreement, sheathing her sword once again.

"Agreed. With no evidence to suggest otherwise we'll head back, but it is very out of character for him to behave in such a way." she states before heading off to the boat with 'Shari and Edan.

Once there she looks over her new sword with interest and decides to talk with Edan about it.
"It holds a celestial that appeared to know what was going on and it was fighting a devil. Really powerful outsiders capable of destroying worlds. The more evil I fight with this the more powerful the celestial will become." she states as she lets Edan hold it and get a good look at it. "Obtaining such a weapon must've been difficult. That preiest got it from somewhere or someone who has no problems giving such a powerful weapon away." she is obviously concerned when she says this and continues to look over the weapon with great interest. "I think we should tell the priest at the temple. She'd like to know what's going on. Any lead is better than none."


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

Lanten:
Once Edan and Lina have left for the temple. 'Shari adds "I guess I had better go with you so I can give a detailed description of Ramar." She does not sound disappointed at all abuot spending more time with him.

Once the paperwork has been filed, she nods to him. "I currently rent a room at the Boat, really just a cot in one of the back rooms, but Kailee does treat me well." She giggles, "I hope I still have a job after this is over, I have missed sooooo much time helping out my friends." She turns to look at Lanten, her sky blue eyes hopeful "I sing at the Boat once a week, well sometimes anyway. Would you like to see me sing?"


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

Once they returned to the Lizard Boat, and taken their usual seats, Edan took the weapon carefully, a bit wary of things that he did not quite understand. A quick pass of his hand over his eyes and a murmured prayer invoked his ability to make sense of the magic involved in making it, and for what his knowledge was worth, he studied it for a minute, still getting used to the ability as well.

"I agree with talking to Head Priest Ivessa, it is something that I have resolved to do tonight if it is not too late, or tomorrow." A shrug of his shoulders moved the familiar weight of his scale mail into a more comfortable position, having propped his shield against the leg of the chair. "There is still some other people we need to talk to, though I am too tired to remember everything right now."
It is late in the evening/night, is it not?


Male Half-elven Fighter 3
Edan Crosier wrote:
It is late in the evening/night, is it not?

It was almost 11pm when we confronted the priest in his house, so I would guess its probably midnight or so by the time we get back to the Lizard Boat. Not sure what the bar hours would be for a tavern in this town.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
Edan Crosier wrote:

Once they returned to the Lizard Boat, and taken their usual seats, Edan took the weapon carefully, a bit wary of things that he did not quite understand. A quick pass of his hand over his eyes and a murmured prayer invoked his ability to make sense of the magic involved in making it, and for what his knowledge was worth, he studied it for a minute, still getting used to the ability as well.

"I agree with talking to Head Priest Ivessa, it is something that I have resolved to do tonight if it is not too late, or tomorrow." A shrug of his shoulders moved the familiar weight of his scale mail into a more comfortable position, having propped his shield against the leg of the chair. "There is still some other people we need to talk to, though I am too tired to remember everything right now."
It is late in the evening/night, is it not?

"We better head to bed then." she states as she gets up and wipes her eyes. "Wake me when we head to the church." Godelina heads to her own private bedroom, only removing her armour once she'd made sure the door is closed and locked and the curtains on the windows are closed.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3
Godelina Evelyn wrote:
"We better head to bed then," etc.

Lanten returns and listens briefly in on the conversation, sipping on a tankard of mulled cider and water before nodding. He offers 'Lina and Edan his hand as a gesture of departure, adding: "Well I have to say that you've certainly made my evening more...interesting than expected. I'll keep an eye out for Master Ramar, and send for you if I hear anything from the watch about the woman. If you need call on me, I'm sleeping in a boarding house on River Street. Good night to you."

'Shari:

"Welcome to have you," he replies warmly. Once at the watch post, she does notice he becomes a little more distant. He politely directs her in doing the documentation to the watch sargeant and his tone is professional.

On the way back, he returns to a more personal stance and offers his hand to escort her again. "Sorry about that - keeping up appearances and all that."

He brightens up - an amused look crossing his face - as he hears 'Shari's explanation of staying and working at the Lizard Boat. "That's an alright thing; done that myself from time to time," he responds with a cat-like grin. "Lady Kailee I'm sure will understand; she seems like an alright owner. She tolerates my quirks - I've been spending a lot of time in that tavern; kinda my second home lately. I'm kinda sorry I hadn't seen you before in there."

At 'Shari's question, he pauses and turns to face her - his blue eyes alight in interest. He gently takes her hand in both of his and says,"Miss 'Shari, it would be a pleasure to be there. Hearing a lovely tune would certainly brighten things up."

He touches her hand to his forehead as a gesture of respect before saying his good nights. "Hope you sleep well; will I see you here - at the Boat? Or should I find you at the temple with your friends?"

Once he is certain she's OK, Lanten heads towards his own lodgings - singing softly to himself.
DC 15 Perception:

Spoiler:

You can just make out the lines to an old Andoran song before he walks out of site.

...and a met pretty girl in a hollow tree...
...I said lovely girl its plain to see...
...Ain't nobody that can sing like she...
...Way way over yonder in the mon-archy...

Lanten returns to the boarding house where he is staying and makes for his small room - doing his best not to wake the landlady or other residents. In his locked room, he removes the well-worn armor with a little difficulty before settling in; he sets his short sword and dagger close by; and then pulls a small traveler's notebook and a cameo from a stand. He stares at the item's contents, and reads a few pages before sleep overtakes him.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

To retcon

Godelina heads to the temple, tired and after a good night rest. She removes her armour in the privacy of her room, looking out the window for a moment over the city before moving to her bed and getting down on her knees, praying to Iomedae before finally getting into bed. It wasn't the most comfortable of beds, but it suited it's need. She has the holster with her new sword around the top end of the bed, able to grasp it if she's disturbed.


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

Lanten:
Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

'Shari replies to him "I should be at the Boat, doing some work if I know Kailee at all. She can be a tough task master but I do like her. If I am not there for some reason, you can always leave a message for me." As he touches her hand, her blush starts growing again and she murmers, "Good night, Lanten. Thanks again."

As she returns to her room, the melody still echoes in her mind and she finds herself humming along to it as she prepared for bedtime, leaving a message for Kailee she will get back to work in the morning.

When she falls asleep, there is a smile on her face.


Male Human Cleric 2/Wizard 1

Scale mail, Edan decided, was not the most comfortable of armors, but at least it was not plate. Having to have aid required in putting his armor on would have been something tedious and unwelcome at this time. He did pause and eye his cot, contemplating sleeping in it, but it was the smell of the padding that made him decide to remove it. Frowning, he muttered something, waving a hand as if he thought it would work.

As their rooms were adjacent to each other, she likely heard the thumps and sounds of his disorderly disrobing, quite content to leave things where they were-- save for his shield and sword, care of those had been drilled into him. Those he laid next to his cot. Sprawled atop the blanket, he stared up at the ceiling, not even aware of when it was that he fell asleep.

601 to 650 of 1,022 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Adventures from the Lost Tomes All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.