Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Adventures from the Lost Tomes

Game Master Dementia Walker


551 to 600 of 1,022 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

Male Human

The more sneaky of the group, heading in first scout out the back room, from the little light that leaks into the house from the poorly lit street you can barely make out the two sleeping occupants in their bed and the small alter on the other side of the room.

@ Lanten; you can't see the alter well enough to make out any sort of holy symbol or anything like that. But there is a feeling of darkness in the room that has nothing to do with the low light.

As the heavier folks enter the house they quickly wake the occupants with their noise.

"Whaaa? Who is there? Calls out the man sitting up, as the other occupant begins to stir."


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
Narrator of the lost Tomes wrote:

The more sneaky of the group, heading in first scout out the back room, from the little light that leaks into the house from the poorly lit street you can barely make out the two sleeping occupants in their bed and the small alter on the other side of the room.

@ Lanten; you can't see the alter well enough to make out any sort of holy symbol or anything like that. But there is a feeling of darkness in the room that has nothing to do with the low light.

As the heavier folks enter the house they quickly wake the occupants with their noise.

"Whaaa? Who is there? Calls out the man sitting up, as the other occupant begins to stir."

As the voice is heard Godelina rushes around the corner, casting light on her sword before she rounds the corner and points at the man.

"Stay where you are and you shall be judged fairly. Move and I shall be forced to strike you down for resisting arrest." she states as she leers down on the two in here and back at the alter. "I am a Paladin of Iomedae, Light of the Sword. You shall be judged fairly but now answer me, have you been kidnapping children? Lying will not get you anywhere."

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Odd, DMs post dissappeared just before I posted this.


Male Human

Now, able to see the symbol on the alter you know that it is an alter to Asmodeus.

The man sneers at you, remaining in his bed, and says "I do not fear you Paladin, and no we are not kidnapping children, why would we have need to do that?" He and his wife are wearing nothing but a simple night shift and his wife cowers in the bed beside him.

You believe he is telling the truth.


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

'Shari is shocked by 'Lina's accusation. I know she has her convictions, but shouldn't she give them the benefit of the doubt? As she notes the altar to Asmodeus, her face hardens These people worship that fiend...but does this mean they kidnapped that child or not?

She decised to look around for any other signs of a child living here, or any hidden trapdoors or the like.

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
Narrator of the lost Tomes wrote:

Now, able to see the symbol on the alter you know that it is an alter to Asmodeus.

The man sneers at you, remaining in his bed, and says "I do not fear you Paladin, and no we are not kidnapping children, why would we have need to do that?" He and his wife are wearing nothing but a simple night shift and his wife cowers in the bed beside him.

You believe he is telling the truth.

Godelina, not seeing any trace of a lie, still doesn't trust him.

"And why should I believe a follower of the Devil God of Contracts?" she asks pointing her blade towards the alter before pointing it back at him. "Slavery is also part of his woreship and the aura I can read on both you and your wife tell me you two aren't merely peasents who woreship this deity. Confess your sins, so that you may be judged fairly."


Male Human

"Sins according to your deity!" He spits at you. "Who are you to come barging into our house and judge? We may have been followers of Iomedae before but we have found a new god to follow."

There are no signs of a child or trapdoors.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Lanten's examination of the altar is cut short at the wary occupants' announcement, and before he can make a careful response, the paladin's charge and announcement leaves him flat-footed and staring. Hellknight in a halo! This woman's going to get us all arrested!

Thinking to act on their surprised state, Lanten does his best to keep hidden behind the paladin. He waits until the yelling and accusations have flown, and then coolly makes his own comments from the shadows.

"The lady's got a point there, mister; you two don't seem all that 'innocent.' Saltmarshers don't much care for anything related to Cheliax, and Asmodeus is about as close as you can get to kissin' their iron boots. How do you think your neighbors will feel about that, hmmm? Think it'll stay nice quiet around here for you?" He pauses, trying to keep them guessing.

"Now, as for kidnapping...there is the matter of your missing son. You deny it all you want, but there's plenty of folks who have seen the boy. He goes missing and you act like nothin's happened. What did you do with him? Sell 'em for slavery maybe - we all know how Andoran feels about slavery? Hear there's a nice prison galley or two that needs oarsmen this time of year."

"You two don't strike me as clergy, so someone's been givin' you pointers. So, maybe if you come clean; give us a few names - the lady here won't slice you in two before we call the guard, eh?" With that, Lanten does his best to remain at ease in the situation, although he keeps his hand on the sword in case of trouble.

I assuming that Lanten was told that the couple's child - the one Ramar met and warned him about his parents - isn't really missing but that he fled town to escape them as was mentioned. Lanten is faking they don't know what happened to the child and hoping these people will panic. Working off what was in posts before, so I hope that is OK.

stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
intimidate: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
bluff: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
sense motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Impartial, they were not, but something they said made him frown. There was something that he had to find out, but could not yet, with what was going on right now. Why did they turn away? Why would they turn away? What did the town's laws say about this? Somewhat saddened, he continued to pay attention to the impromptu interrogation. However, he knew that he would not be able to stop Godelina from destroying that altar before she left. Regardless of what was said about "personal property" in whoever's laws.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

"They are more powerful than common folk, I wouldn't be surprised if they were clergy. They and that alter glow of evil so the presence of their deity is strong here, but I do not fear deities who perfer to hide in the shadows and cower from the light." she proclaims, waving the sword about to light up the room. "Evil will always hide in the shadow like the coward it is and I and others shall light the way the thrust our blades into it's dark heart. If you do not help us in our enquiries, I shall smite you and send you to your deity early."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Lanten looks on as 'Lina continues her threats, but tries his best to keep quiet until they answer. If any could read his mind right now, they would sense the mixture of annoyance and amusement in this situation.


Male Human

They are paying the most attention to the angry paladin waving a sword around and threatening to smite them so Lanten goes mostly unnoticed in the background, though they listen to his comments.

When the group stops shouting threats at them the man, still sitting in his bed, looks on angrily and states. "If you have questions ask, so far all you have been doing is yelling accusations and threats. Your only two questions so far have easy answers. No we did not sell our son into slavery and we obviously have not been kidnapping children, as you can see there are none here."

You feel that he is cowed enough by the number of people and your threats to be "friendly," for now. You are not sure how long it will last however.


It was an opening-- however brief-- that Edan took advantage of, sheathing his longsword as he stepped forward. "Why did you turn away from Iomedae?", he said with a bit of a dismayed tone in his voice. "What would you gain from.. Him that could not be earned from Iomedae?" He had to fit his questions in precisely, because while he thought that Godelina would be courteous towards him, having her smite them would be... problematic.

The last question was reaching, but given the presence of one new religion, it was unlikely that others would also be springing up. "Did you get the same promise that the others who turned from their faiths did?" Edan was not upset, just.. saddened. Was it a failing of their church that allowed this? He looked around the room, not particularly searching for anything, just taking in their situation.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
Edan Crosier wrote:

It was an opening-- however brief-- that Edan took advantage of, sheathing his longsword as he stepped forward. "Why did you turn away from Iomedae?", he said with a bit of a dismayed tone in his voice. "What would you gain from.. Him that could not be earned from Iomedae?" He had to fit his questions in precisely, because while he thought that Godelina would be courteous towards him, having her smite them would be... problematic.

The last question was reaching, but given the presence of one new religion, it was unlikely that others would also be springing up. "Did you get the same promise that the others who turned from their faiths did?" Edan was not upset, just.. saddened. Was it a failing of their church that allowed this? He looked around the room, not particularly searching for anything, just taking in their situation.

Godelina, standing there looks over to Edan and givs a nod and a smile, showing that she agrees wit what he is saying and continues leering at the group, wanting to know their answers, both from Edan and Lanten about their children.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Lanten keeps quiet for now and nods at Edan's approach while giving 'Lina's sword a good glance.
Good idea, Edan. We've caused enough of a stir. Keep it honest; maybe we'll get some answers. And for Cayden's sake, get her to lower that sword!

He keeps an eye on these people as he awaits their response and hoping he gets a sense of what their up to. While they are speaking - he gives 'Shari a small nudge and does a pantomime of pointing to Edan and mouthing we need a name, place - tell him. He suspects his message is lost in the dim light and activity.

perform: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
sense motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

DM - I was just guessing that Asmodean devotion would be considered questionable or unlawful in Saltmarsh, since it is located in Andoran and that's been a pretty anti-slavery country in Golarion lore. If I am in error with your interpretation or if I need to roll to figure this out, please advise.


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

'Shari catches the hint and slips behind Edan to whisper in his ear,

Edan OR Perception DC 15:
"Be sure you get details as to what happened to their son. Where did he go and where is he now? And why did he run away...a name too would be good."

Once she has delivered the message, she will look around for any other interesting items or clues.


Male Human

"We never were very ardent Iomedae worshipers, it was how my parents raised me so I just continued when I got older. But then I was approached and told about a new God of luck that was emerging. This of course was Asmodeus and not a god of luck at all, but as we worshiped our luck improved and we gained far more then we ever had worshiping Iomedae. I would rather worship a God that actually improves my life then one that preaches we should be nice to each other but does nothing to help me."

You almost feel as though he is preaching to you, trying to get you to see why he feels the way he does, as he tells you all this.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
Narrator of the lost Tomes wrote:

"We never were very ardent Iomedae worshipers, it was how my parents raised me so I just continued when I got older. But then I was approached and told about a new God of luck that was emerging. This of course was Asmodeus and not a god of luck at all, but as we worshiped our luck improved and we gained far more then we ever had worshiping Iomedae. I would rather worship a God that actually improves my life then one that preaches we should be nice to each other but does nothing to help me."

You almost feel as though he is preaching to you, trying to get you to see why he feels the way he does, as he tells you all this.

Godelina shrugs and shakes her head.

"Your parents obviously didn't raise you well." she states bluntly. "Gods do not reward people for mere woreship, but you have to work hard and earn your blessings for the gods only help those who help themselves or indeed help them in some religious task. I have gained my blessings from offering myself to the Inheritor and sticking stricktly to the law and fighting for the rightious. I am my Goddess' weapon to be used as she sees fit."

She stops then, getting off her high horse and something clicks concerning what the man said.
"Wait...how exactly did your luck change and who was this man who told you this lie? I can't imagine why Asmodus would help someone who thinks he's a deity of luck. I could imagine he would be insulted being compared to a God of luck." she stops and puts her sword away "He may be evil, but I have been taught to respect him, for he crafted and holds the only key which keeps Rovagug trapped. Something no one in this room would want released. It is my understand you don't appear to be guilty, however I am still concerned about the child who is missing."


Male Human

"The child ran away, I care not what happened to him. I will not be the cause of the destruction of my masters plans here, you will learn nothing more on that subject form me." The man says.

With that he pulls out a holy symbol and a straight piece of iron from under his pillow and chants a prayer.

Godelina; Will save 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 7 - 1 = 18 You easily shake off his hold person spell that he cast at you.

His wife jumps out of her side of the bed and swings a mace at Edan, shouting, "leave our house now thieves! Thieves! Burglars!" at the top of her lungs.

Attack; 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 = 9 her attack swings wide from her erratic movements and she does not manage to strike you.


Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Edan dodged the mace and was caught in a quandary. According to the law, they were indeed defending themselves, but being cultists taking a hostile action against a cleric of the church he was not remiss in defending himself. Still, whatever their choices, they were people, and he was not one to cut someone down without cause. The swing she took with the mace was

So instead, he raised his shield, taking cover behind it, and looked to Godelina. They initiated hostilities first, but he would not see them dead because of a couple of poor choices. "Desist your assault on members of the Church, and you will be granted what leniency can be allowed." The dismayed and saddened expression was fading from his face, as his expression became stoic, falling back on his training. Duty before self.

He drew his longsword.
Full Defense for one round.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Whatever reservation Lanten had about this course of action and thoughts he had of their innocence disappear at the man's diabolic prayer and the woman's scream while swinging the mace.

Still, he doesn't draw his sword. He interposes himself between Edan and the woman and slugs her with his fist; hoping to knock her out instead of killing her.
Unarmed Strike (Nonlethal): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

'Shari is momentarily stunned by the outbreak of violence, but once the shock wears off, instinct takes over. She glides behind the mace-wielding woman and draws her sap. Once in position she lays a blow into the back of her skull.

Draw Sap, and move to flank with Lanten.
Attack Sap 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 = 4; Damage 1d6 - 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) - 1 + (2) = 5 non-lethal.

...but she nearly loses her grip on the sweat soaked item.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

Spellcraft:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Godelina leers at the man and then give a wicked smirk.
"You, have just attacked a paladin." as she states that there is a sudden glow about Godelina as he draws her sword. "Your wife will be spared my blade, but you have forced me to call upon my powers to strike you down! You DARE attack someone without their weapon drawn! You DARE attack someone who was going if you confessed your crimes?! YOU DARE ATTACK THE DAUGHTER OF IOMEDAE'S HANDMAIDEN?! You, sir have no honor and I judge you, GUILTY!" as she screams you swear she has taken on the likeness of Iomedae and radiates an aura of good and holy rightiousness.

the actions were activating smite, the looking like Iomedae and stuff is fluff text. Current AC is 21 and the sword is glowing along with the rest of her due to the smite.

attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

With the blood spilled she leers at the man.
"You have lost your chance, grab your weapon and fight so that you may regain some honor, snake." she grits her teeth quite openly, immensly pissed off and far angrier than anyone has ever seen her.


Male Human

The woman after reciecing the blow shrieks and attempts to flee the house. Provoking AoO from Shari, Lanten, and Edan if they wish.

The man grins through his pain and mocks Lina, "Your bark lacks bite Paladin." Then he reaches under his bed and pulls out an evil looking mace. As soon as he touches it he is wreathed in black energy and plate armor appears on his body, he grins horribly and growls, "See how my god awards his first paladin." And strikes at Lina, holding his mace in both hands.
Attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Damage 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
Narrator of the lost Tomes wrote:

The woman after reciecing the blow shrieks and attempts to flee the house. Provoking AoO from Shari, Lanten, and Edan if they wish.

The man grins through his pain and mocks Lina, "Your bark lacks bite Paladin." Then he reaches under his bed and pulls out an evil looking mace. As soon as he touches it he is wreathed in black energy and plate armor appears on his body, he grins horribly and growls, "See how my god awards his first paladin." And strikes at Lina, holding his mace in both hands.
Attack 1d20+7
Damage 1d8+6

Godelina recoils from the pain, but grips her sword tightly.

"You can ask him personally. If I'm going down, you're coming with me with you fiend!" she screams as she swings her blade once again.

attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

an extra 2 damage on each attacks if he's not human but a outsider with the evil subtype, an evil-aligned dragon or an undead, though I doupt he is.


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

AoO Sap 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 2 = 8; damage 1d6 - 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) - 1 + (2) = 4 nonlethal.

'Shari realizes she was no match for the black clad cleric in the armor, but she could still help her out. She draws her punching dagger and moves to flank with 'Lina, attacking once in place.

Attack P.Dagger 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 2 = 7; damage 1d4 - 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) - 1 + (3) = 3


Any qualms Edan had about violence in this house disappeared as soon as he saw the armor appear around the man. His two-handed swing that caught Godelina through her defense looked painful, but he had to make sure that the woman did not flee, and moved to catch her, though he knew she would likely prove too fast for him in this armor. Moving where he could, he instead attempted to trip her, so she could not escape.
Trip(Provokes AoO):1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15


Male Human

The woman recognizing what Edan is trying to do makes a feeble swing
Attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 missing handily.
Dex vs. Trip 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14 and then almost clears his foot but the swing threw off her balance and she falls to the ground.

While Shari's dagger just bounces off the demonic cleric's armor Lina notices that her holy aura seems to linger cutting him deeper which she finds strange.
He hisses and chants another prayer, Defensive casting 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 but as the dark energy gathers around his hands he misses his chant and the dark energy dissipates.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

"Bloody devils..."Lanten utters with surprise at the man's armored transformation and the realization that the situation has gottten more serious. The distraction allows the screaming woman to slide past him, and he curses inward as he goes to stop her. Caught flat-footed like some drunken fool...

Seeing her fall down at Edan's move, he rushes in to keep her down and out of the conflict. As he struggles with the woman, he shouts to Edan,"You'd best see to Goldi-locks and keep her propped up."

Grapple-CMB: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Unarmed strike: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Sorry - long day at work today; didn't know we get so much going at once. ;-)


Male Human

The woman struggles and bats at Lanten, as he attacks her trying to hold her down, he is reminded of domestic disputes that he has been called upon to break up. She manages to keep ungrappled but takes another blow crying out in pain. She looks woozy.

Top of the round, I guess the order is currently Godlina, Shari, Edan, Lanten, Edan, Cultists. You don't need to post in that order however.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

okey, was origonally waiting for Ramar.

Godelina continues to thrash out with her blade, trying to take down this evil figure before her. She seems to have lost her momentum from before, but continued to swing on.

attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

'Shari switches tactics here, trying to make it easier for 'Lina to strike through the evil cultists defenses.

Aid Another 'Lina +2 to hit 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 1 + 2 = 21
Hmmm...if 'Lina resolves her action before 'Shari does, then this will just be a normal attack.
Damage 1d4 - 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) - 1 + (3) = 4


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

oh forgot I was flanking. That's a 19 on to hit then, DM. Oops.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Edan was in the order twice, so I am guessing he meant Ramar in there either before or after me.

Despite her frantic thrashing, Lanten works to keep the woman at bay and out of the fray, but remains distracted by the sword fight at his back.

Grapple-CMB: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Unarmed strike: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Trusting Lanten to manage the woman, Edan looked at the fight going on between Godelina and the other Paladin, deciding to err on the side of caution for now. They had the numerical superiority, but care had to still be taken.. His hand closed about his holy symbol again, and another prayer slipped from his lips, a simple beseeching of his goddess to watch over them, trusting that their tactics would not require greater intervention.
Bless cast, everyone +1 Morale Bonus on attacks and saves vs. fear.


Male Human

Another of Godelina's attacks slips past the clerics defenses and scores a hit under his arm, and shortly after Shari's attack slips through a chink in his armor from behind. He snarls defiantly and steps away from Godelina and Shari. "Unhand my wife!" He growls to Lanten and attacks
1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 1 = 16 barely missing as his mace flys past your face.
Godelina and Shari gain AoO vs the cleric

As he does this the wife scrambles away from Lanten since she is not actually being grappled stands and takes a swing at him as well.

1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 15 and she also misses.


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

His wife? I thought evil cultists were not allowed to get married!

AoO 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 2 = 6; damage 1d4 - 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) - 1 + (6) = 8


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

AoO: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

crit threat: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

damn. Well I assume a 12 isn't a hit.

damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

"Whoa," is all Lanten utters as ducks out from the flying maces that seem to come at him from both sides. After dipping under her swing, he straightens back up and punches the woman cultists' head - hoping that it will finally knock her out.

unarmed strike: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 1 = 19
damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

"I think that's only the third time I've heard that one today," he quips sarcastically at the male cultists' protestation about his wife.


Male Human

Edan still has a turn this round, his casting of Bless was last round. However so I don't wait any more and slow down the game I will continue the action.

With this latest punch to the woman's head, her eyes roll up and the mace drops from her nerveless hands just before she crashes to the floor like a felled tree. You don't think you have given her a concussion... But at least she is out of the way.

The Evil cleric screams "Belinda!" and then holds his unholy symbol high in the air and chants in his infernal tongue, the energy around him coalesces and the explodes outward in a dark shockwave that passes right through you chilling everyone to the bone.

Channel Energy 3d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 1) = 6
Will Save for half damage
Lina 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 succeed
Shari 1d20 ⇒ 4
Edan 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20 succeed
Lanten 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 succeed

Blood pours from the Cleric's many wounds and he doesn't look to be in very good shape, but a few heal up as the energy washes over your team.


Sorry about that. Summer classes just started for me
Edan's face was set as he understood every word of the paladin's chanting, stepping in to give 'Lina and 'Shari added support. While he did not want to kill the man, this fight had to end, especially if he kept flinging energy around like that. Just the strength of it alone worried him, as it was a far greater amount than he could manage at this point in time.
Attack: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 + 1 = 12


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

'Shari is shocked by the feeling of coldness in her bones and cannot help but utter a low moan of pain. Still she has the presence of mind to continue to help 'Lina's attacks.

Aid Another 'Lina +2 to hit 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 + 2 + 1 = 22


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

As the shockwave passes through, Lanten feels a growing nausea of pain that he manages to tamp down before it gets worse. His face grows more intense both at his oown ache and hearing 'Shari's groan.

He draws his short sword and tries to focus the clerics attention on him - hoping that the others can get a better shot to bring him down.
"She'll be alright, Mister. The same can't be said for you right now. Drop the mace and cease with the chanting before it gets worse."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

or not.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

Godelina continues to attempt to strike down this dark cleric, bringing down her sword hard.

attack: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 2 = 27

damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

apparently dice don't like me. Low damage when I hit, but high when I miss :p


Male Human

@Edan No problem at all, I spend more then my share of days being busy so I know how it gets.

@Lina Better then Shari is doing, she can't 'hit' unless she is helping you hit.

Edan swings at the Cleric and misses with his sword. Shari slides in close and puts her foot behind the Clerics heel so that he cant slide back when Lina attacks. The Cleric laughs at Lanten's attempt to cow him and turns his attention back to Lina just in time to get her sword slashing across his chest. Hissing in pain, boxed in on all sides and recognizing her as the most dangerous target currently he lashes out at her again.

Attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

But his mace just clangs off her armor. He looks to be in serious pain and slightly worried.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Lanten closes in and makes his own sword thrust - hoping to garner the man's attention. Got to get the pressure off Goldi-locks; that's a nasty wound she's sporting.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 14
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Assuming flanking applies in this case.


Shifting to give Lanten space, Edan moved closer to Godelina, risking the opening that the casting of this spell might give the paladin, intending to do what he could to help Iomedae's faithful.
Concentration:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 Bane Sacrificed for CLW on Godelina. 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Male Human

Waiting on Lina and Shari, I will give them until the evening and then progress regardless.


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

Seeing Edan moving to help 'Lina out, 'Shari decides to try to draw attention to herself so as to give time for 'Lina to recover. She did not think she would be a bigger threat, but she had to try...

Attack Dagger 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 + 2 + 1 = 19; damage 1d4 - 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) - 1 + (2) = 3


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

sorry about that, been having BSOD error all day yesterday.

attack: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 2 = 14 that plus 2 is if I'm still flanking with the 'Shari.

well that's obviously a miss. I do wonder why I even have a sword...


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Error on my part for my last attack, if it matters to hit. Should have been +1 (for Edan's blessing) and +2 (for flanking - if applicable). I only +1 for flanking.

Godelina Evelyn wrote:
well that's obviously a miss. I do wonder why I even have a sword...

No worries. We've all had a moment or two in this combat that's just been flubbed with these guys. ;-)

551 to 600 of 1,022 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Adventures from the Lost Tomes All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.