Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Adventures from the Lost Tomes

Game Master Dementia Walker


501 to 550 of 1,022 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

Male Half-elven Fighter 3

As he walks the rest of his patrol, Lanten can't help but think of the mysterious chanting and the strange tale he's heard this night. He wonders what's this got to do with the other rumors he hears. But mostly, he can't help but think of the two people he's met this night - more specifically a young lady with sky-blue eyes. But then he remembers Ramar's tone and his mind clears up.
Best forget that, lad...she's already got a beau...

Back at the guard house he checks in with the watch sargent, giving his update to Gert, the next man on duty - mostly sailors drunk near the docks he mentions, but decides not to bring up the mysterious chanting or his new friends just yet.

Walking into the Lizard Boat, he pauses at the front door and closes his eyes for a moment. He takes a deep breath, as if shrugging off a coat, and takes in the smells and sounds of the place. The bustle of people moving about; the clank of mugs and plates; the smell of cooked meats - all remind him of the home he left behind. A slight frown is pushed away, and then he moves to the bar with a hearty bellow towards the barman. "Evenin' all! Mister Jiggs - iffn' you'd be so kind - I'm in need of my favorite wet to finish the day." The barman rolls his eyes somewhat, but prepares him a drink of cider and some ale in a steel tankard. Lanten raises his mug in the direction of the owner - Kailee. "To the finest tavern in Saltmarsh and her handsome owner," he utters with a knowing wink before taking a deep drink.

Leaving coin on the counter and he turns with mug in hand to scan the crowd for Shari and the others. Spotting them he heads towards their table to meet them.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

In the better light of the tavern, Lanten looks to be a tall, lean man wearing a greyish set of scale mail armor and carrying twin blades across his back. He still wears the leather sash and badge of the city watch on his chest. He has blackish-brown hair and tanned skin. Underneath his messed hair, his ears appear to be somewhat mishaped -a cross between slim elven ears and a more human one. His cobalt-blue eyes scan the table as he speaks with a mild grin. "Evenin' folks, I met Miss Shari and Master Ramar earlier, and they say you have a story to tell. I'd love to hear it."

At Godelina's suspicious question, he turns to answer her with the same casual tone, but stops. His blue eyes stare with illuminated fascination as he scans her own golden eyes and hair as he mutters, "Angels and Devils dance...," before blinking and answering in a more sober tone. "My name's Lanten Tiberu, Miss....you must be Lina. They were informing me of a missing child and how they suspect there's a house down here where he lived. I told them I'd help them look into it, simple as that."With that, he takes another deep swig from his tankard and adds. "If it's alright, may I take a seat?"

Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

I apologize if that was a lot of exposition on my part.


Nah.. You could have lumped them together and I wouldn't have minded. Exposition is good. One line posts, bad.

Edan shrugged, running a hand through his dark hair and gestured to one of the empty seats, expecting Ushari to sit next to 'Lina, and Ramar next to her, so that would leave a space on either side next to him. Edan also quite suspected that Lanten would be distracted with the touch of angelic ancestry she had, so he turned his head to 'Shari and Ramar, his expression inquiring.

It was heartening to see that they had made some progress, where they had.. A couple possible answers, but mostly more questions. More questions and more tasks. Not that he was especially unhappy about having things to do.. Still, their main goal was to find out why the church had been losing members, and was this related?


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

'Shari takes the offered seat and takes a drink of iced tea from the table, trying to calm her nerves. She avoids looking at Ramar for some reason and continuously glances around the tavern as if looking for someone. When Lanten walks into the tavern, it is clear who she was expecting.

As she fills in Edan and Lina on the adventures Ramar and herself had, from the time at the museum and the shops, up until the encounter with Lanten, she has difficulty not staring at him. Her face does grow rather flushed though.

"I...I know there is something going on in that house, and it is not a good thing. I know 'Lina wants to barge in and take the people inside there into custody, but we still don't know if they are actually the cultists which are behind the problems your church is having."


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

Godelina looks like the poster child for a Aasimar so it shouldn't be hard for Lanten to see she was one. The colour being pure gold, not just blond or bright yellow but even the metallic sheen of gold. If her hair didn't move and was solid you'd swear you thought she was wearing a hat shaped like hair and made from solid gold, same for her eye colour too.

Godelina, not knowing what to think of this new comer gives a nod before smiling politely and putting her hand out to shake.
"Well met, I'm Godelina Evelyn, but 'Shari has given me the nick name Lina." she states as she looks to 'Shari with a friendly smile, having grown somewhat closer to these people who were once strangers not that long ago. "We have been investigating something else. Tell me, what do you know about the Lizardfolk that live nearby and what is their relationship to this town? We know that they have an agreement with this town and are no threat, but as I am new to the town and you are clearly a local I would like to know more about this relationship because we understand someone may be acting violently against them, but is being very careful to cover their tracks."


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Oh - I think Lanten's realized that Lina's an aasimar. His reaction is partly to her looks; but some awareness there that's made him a little shocked. Hmmm.

At the offer her hand, Lanten seems to snap out of his state and retains more of his relaxed tone. There seems a slight hestitation to take her hand, but then he grips it in a warm handshake.
"Well met, Miss Lina." Now fully aware of the tables' occupants, he also makes it a point to offer his hand to Edan. "And well met to you as well, Edan." As he re-seats himself, he nods at Ramar and gives 'Shari a small, knowing wink and an easy smile.

He turns again to Lina's question."Well...being local is stretching things a bit. I've been living here for a few months - making myself familiar, but hardly enough to be an expert. Being a guard is just a way to make a living and know the landscape." He gives a slight shrug at this statement.

"As for the Lizardmen, only stories and stuff of that kind - those fellas tend to keep to themselves. I can tell you that some years back, the local townsfolk and them banded together to fend of an attack from the sea - some kind of evil shark-people trying to take them all as slaves. Neither Cheliax nor Andoran was of any help, so they made a pact to help each other. Since then, there's been peace - more or less. If someone's causing them trouble, it could cause the city some issues if they don't appear to look concerned I suppose."

"Gotta be someone who's pretty confident or bold, since I don't recommend trespassing on their grounds. I hear that anyone caught on their lands is subject to their laws - not Saltmarsh's. And that kind of law usually involves you in a stew-pot, if you get my drift. So, how many attacks are you aware of?"

Lanten pauses to listen to 'Shari's explanation and takes a deep drink from his tankard.

DM - does that sound alright? If I know more or less, please advise. Also - in case it helps, here's a roll for it:
Knowledge(Local): 1d20 ⇒ 16


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

Something appears to light up in Godelina's head with the mention about shark-people and she continues to listen with interest not knowing what these creatures could possibly be and looking to Edan in hopes that he knows. She then decides to let him on what they know.
"In the museum there is a statue of a lizardman with his axe raised and snarling." she leaves it as a pause to see is Lanten knows of it. "We believe it's a real lizardman who has been turned to stone and given to the museum as a art peice. We don't know why, but we wish to know why. I gave the theory that someone might want to end the relationship between the lizardfolk and town, but until now I had no idea who could benefit from this. Now I'm thinking this wizard works for these shark people."

She looks to 'Shari, interested in what they learnt and the experiences.
"It's a shame you couldn't sneak in, but you heard chanting?" she is in thought for a moment and shaking her head. "No, I don't think that's enough evidence for us to break in, even if it is the right house we'll have no way or knowing, but perhaps you could find a way of sneaking in whilst me and Edan distract them. We could say some nonesense about helping our church out and talking about religious dogma, something to grasp their interest enough so that you can get in unnoticed. Perhaps you could signal for us when you find something, like a whistle and I'll break down the door and arrest them on the spot." Godelina seems intent on busting up this cult as she continues to stare off into the distance, trying to formulate a plan. "This will be dangerous, but if you find the child or anything to suggest he's in there then the city would be greatful for us finding out a cult that abducts children, right?" at this she turns to the elf with a determined look on her face. "We deal with this cult first, then we have a chat with this wizard and ask him why he's turning lizardfolk into stone."


Male Human

@ Lanten; sounds more or less accurate, about what you would pick up being there that long.

@ everyone; pooling your knowledge you know it was a Sahuagin attack and that since it was a decent amount of time ago (50-100 years you think) the peace has mostly fallen apart between the two factions that were once allies and any talks are now very strained. People here look on lizard folk with suspicion.

Let me know when you have most of a plan together and I will get you all back to the house.


Through this, Edan did not say anything, just listening to the exchanges and nodding in affirmation if anyone looked to him to corroborate the story. As Godelina voiced her ideas and laid out a plan, Edan was impressed at her solution. So much so, he was smiling slightly as he watched her explain. This was a marked change from when she first arrived, wanting to smite her way through the town until she found the truth-- for which he did not blame her at all-- while trying to be the shining beacon that her tutors had trained her to be.

He could not help the smile of approval that was on his face, but lest it be construed as something other than that, he looked away from her, to the darkened street and the rest of Saltmarsh that could be seen from the open-patio design of The Lizard Boat. It was not the smoothest plan he could think of, but it could work. "Don't forget speaking with the Druid, and the Lizardfolk as well", he reminded, finally saying something. Thoughtful, he did have some qualms with the approach, but those were moral issues, and those he could address later.

The smile faded from his face as he resolved himself to the course of action, his jaw muscles clenching a couple times as he gathered his sketchbook, standing. "I'll have to get my armor", he said calmly.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Lanten nods at the information as Lina explains the lizardman statue and the possible theories. "Interesting thought you have there; haven't heard anything about...sahuagin, that's what their called now that I think about it...in my patrols. I'll see if I hear anything, but I think it'll keep for now." He shrugs briefly and then continues.

"I'm more interested in this house right now. If 'Shari's willing to give it another look, I'm sure we can distract the residents to give her that chance and she'll do great."He looks at the young woman with a look of reassurance, before turning back to look at Godelina. Out of the corner of his eye, he seems to notice Edan's smile and a slight smirk comes over his own face.

"Your thinkin's got a sound plan there, miss. I don't think you'll be needing to be breakin' down any doors if we play this right, though. This should help us," he taps his City Watch badge,"and if we do this with cause, should keep me from losing my job and you folks out of the 'clanger."

"Maybe you can go about your proselytizing, and I'll act like I'm passing by to interrupt your sermon. Start trying to create more of a distraction; she might try to brush you off, but a city official - maybe that'll keep 'em focused on us until Shari can give us a sign. Maybe Master Ramar here can keep on eye on Shari and warn us as well?"
He finishes with his hands open to imply well - what do you think?

perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


Male Human Psion(telepath) 2

Ramar smiles, "I can keep an eye on Shari when she wants me to. Shall we head back?"


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

'Shari thinks for a moment, while trying hard not to blush at Lanten's look. "I think I can get inside the house without bumping into any tables this time." She gives Ramar a smile of thanks, "I am ready to go back now. I knew you will help me out." Once she finishes her statement, she finds her gaze roaming back towards Lanten again and feels her blush return.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

Godelina looks to Edan, noticing his smile.
"What?" she asks both smiling but clearly not knowing what he was smiling about before looking back at the man and his symbol. "I just want to operate in the law so that we do not get in trouble. If I actually saw any evil inside I would have smashed the door down and cut down anyone inside without a second thought." as she says this, she states it honestly, clearly seeing no problem with her acting out the law as is a Paladin's duty."I'll scan with detect evil, ready for when they appear and if something goes wrong, I'm charging for the first evil aura I see."


Male Human

Just getting things moving, feel free to back post if necessary.

After everyone agrees on a plan of action Edan and Lina travel back to their quarters to get Edan's armor on. By the time Lanten makes sure that the city guard that relieved him is not going to be near the street that your questionable actions are going to be tacking place on anytime soon and everyone meets up at the house it has gotten quite late about 11ish Everyone gathers in the alley across the way prior to their final "assult" on the house in question. Everything looks dark and quiet, even the window shutter that Shari used last time is now closed to the night.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
Narrator of the lost Tomes wrote:

Just getting things moving, feel free to back post if necessary.

After everyone agrees on a plan of action Edan and Lina travel back to their quarters to get Edan's armor on. By the time Lanten makes sure that the city guard that relieved him is not going to be near the street that your questionable actions are going to be tacking place on anytime soon and everyone meets up at the house it has gotten quite late about 11ish Everyone gathers in the alley across the way prior to their final "assult" on the house in question. Everything looks dark and quiet, even the window shutter that Shari used last time is now closed to the night.

Godelina casts detect evil with her at will ability, focusing on the house and the surrounding area, hoping to detect some kind of evil aura either inside the home or near it. She'll point out any aura she detects as evil.


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

Time to see how paranoid these cultists are... 'Shari slips along the side of the house, senses alert, making her way to the shutter she used before. She will examine it again seeing if it is indeed locked as she suspects it is.

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
If the shutter is locked, she will move onto a different window. If they are all locked, then she will use her acid to destroy the lock. (No Disable device skill, he he.)


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Retro-post since I took so long this morning.
At Godelina's oaths, Lanten gets a bemused grin and takes a last drink from his tankard, staring at the firey paladin.
Hellknights on horses! What am I getting myself into!?

"Alright then, seems we have plans to make. I'll meet you near this house when I'm done. I've got your meal covered, so don't fret, eh?" With that, he nods to all and walks to the bar; talks briefly with the barman and heads out the door.

DC 20 Perception:

Lanten approaches the barman again; pointing at the group's table as he talks. "Mister Jiggs, their meals on me tonight - they have had a rough go of it for visitors." He hands him the necessary coin and a little extra plus his steel tankard. "Take care of this as well - I'll be back for it."

He glances once more towards 'Shari, and adds "How's your new waitress working out," in subtle sort of prod at information about her.

And back to the present.

Lanten eyes the street and the house - his nervousness visible with how he grasps and tightens the pommel of his sword. He seems ready to jump at the door as much as 'Lina; and wary of what 'Shari is doing. Careful, lass...

"Best hope Shari can find something quiet-like; not sure any preachin' isn't gonna be suspicious at this hour of the night," he whispers to Edan and Godelina. "You may get your wish to bull-rush a door or two before the night is out," he adds with a smirk towards the paladin.


Edan didn't know why, but putting on the armor was a small sort of comfort for him. Wearing it was what he was used to, and the weight of the longsword at his hip, along with the shield on his back made him feel a little more secure. The part that worried him was that if there was something going on at this house, if there were any others in on it, the sight of them tromping about in their armor would gain some notice.

Then Lanten spoke, and it certainly did not improve his feeling, giving him an annoyed look, as if to say, 'Please don't encourage her', not particularly liking the smirk on his face either. Sighing, he paused and put one hand on his chest, atop the wooden holy symbol and frowned, one hand moving as if he were sketching, then closed his hand and opened it, palm up.

Much to his surprise (and delight), what rose from his hand was a dense ball of light, that floated over and burst over Godelina's head, sprinkling down around her in golden motes. What was more notable was that the golden motes seemed to settle atop a halo around her head and the merest suggestion of wings folded at her back. Smiling with a bit of pride, he shrugged at the looks he got, dropping the smile. "If I'm going to 'say some nonsense'--", he looked at Godelina, still slightly stung by her words earlier, then to Lanten. "--having something for them to see would help."

His first Prestidigitation. Arcane Spell Failure@ 30%:1d100 ⇒ 80


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
Edan Crosier wrote:

Edan didn't know why, but putting on the armor was a small sort of comfort for him. Wearing it was what he was used to, and the weight of the longsword at his hip, along with the shield on his back made him feel a little more secure. The part that worried him was that if there was something going on at this house, if there were any others in on it, the sight of them tromping about in their armor would gain some notice.

Then Lanten spoke, and it certainly did not improve his feeling, giving him an annoyed look, as if to say, 'Please don't encourage her', not particularly liking the smirk on his face either. Sighing, he paused and put one hand on his chest, atop the wooden holy symbol and frowned, one hand moving as if he were sketching, then closed his hand and opened it, palm up.

Much to his surprise (and delight), what rose from his hand was a dense ball of light, that floated over and burst over Godelina's head, sprinkling down around her in golden motes. What was more notable was that the golden motes seemed to settle atop a halo around her head and the merest suggestion of wings folded at her back. Smiling with a bit of pride, he shrugged at the looks he got, dropping the smile. "If I'm going to 'say some nonsense'--", he looked at Godelina, still slightly stung by her words earlier, then to Lanten. "--having something for them to see would help."

His first Prestidigitation. Arcane Spell Failure@ 30%:1d100

Earlier

Godelina looks over the spell he cast showing both bemusement and interest in his spellcasting prowess so far. A simple spell, but even the simple spells require hard work and then his words hit her for a moment.
Edan I...I meant about going to people's doors and not our mission here to help restore the temple..." she seems clearly sorry about the earlier statement "E-Eitherway, let us be off and clean up this town. I'm growing irritated knowing there's evil nearby and I havn't smote it yet."

Later

"First I'd like to find evil auras within. If I am not allowed to knock the door down and sort them out, I can atleast tell you how many evil people are inside and how powerful each aura appears." she states, taking time and concentraiting on the subject, stepping close to make sure her range cover the whole house and any basement if there is one.


Male Human

@Lina

round 1:
You immediately detect evil from in the house

@Shari It is not locked as near as you can tell, just re-latched

@ Lina

round 2:
You detect 3 distinct auras, all about the same power.

round 3:
You detect that all the auras are faintly evil, two of the auras are next to each other on the right side (from the entrance) of the room in the back of the house and the third is on the left side of the room.


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

'Shari carefully and quietly checks the latch on the shutter, seeing if there is anything attached to it like a tripwire. If she sees nothing, she will quietly unlatch it and climb back into the house.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Lanten gives a mild smile at the display; mutters "...of angels among us...,; and crosses his hands underneath arms. He glances away, to give them a little more privacy for the quiet moment between Edan and 'Lina - but nervous about completely walking away in the current situation.

To make it appear he his oblivious, he tries to focus on the streets and the house to see if he spots anything while 'Shari makes her way into the window.


Male Human
'Shari Velnokal wrote:
'Shari carefully and quietly checks the latch on the shutter, seeing if there is anything attached to it like a tripwire. If she sees nothing, she will quietly unlatch it and climb back into the house.

You detect nothing attached to it


Male Human Psion(telepath) 2

Before Shari moves toward the house, Ramar links their minds again. "Be careful Shari. We brought the strong swords for a reason so there's no need to put yourself in danger."


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

"OK, Ramar. I will wait here until your signal."

'Shari will wait for the others to make their move, before she enters the house.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
Ramar wrote:
Before Shari moves toward the house, Ramar links their minds again. "Be careful Shari. We brought the strong swords for a reason so there's no need to put yourself in danger."

Godelina grits her teeth after a while of focusing as she only discovers this after 'shari is next to the house. She draws her longsword slowly and her shield in position.

"Ramar, tell 'Shari that I detect the auras of three evil people. They are all in the back room. A pair together and a seporate one on the other side, possibly a priest and two followers.”

check lina's round 3 spoiler for a more accurate direction. Posting from my Black Berry.


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

Once Ramar has informed 'Shari of the presence of the three cultists inside the house, she tries to look inside the room from the windows first to see if she can recognize any of them.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Oh boy...
Lanten uncoils his arms and tenses a little at 'Lina's grim words - bracing to either move towards the house or expecting something to come boiling out of the place. He pauses, and glances with puzzlement at both 'Lina and Ramar and whispers,"How's he supposed to tell her without annoucing our presence on the street?"


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
Lanten Tiberiu wrote:

Oh boy...

Lanten uncoils his arms and tenses a little at 'Lina's grim words - bracing to either move towards the house or expecting something to come boiling out of the place. He pauses, and glances with puzzlement at both 'Lina and Ramar and whispers,"How's he supposed to tell her without annoucing our presence on the street?"

oops, you know I can't recall if he did explain his abilities to her or not. If Ramar is fine with it we could say he told us and if not then can retcon that Godelina says that outloud, which Ramar will still pass on I'm sure. Plus Lina is certain they are in a back room.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3
Godelina Evelyn wrote:
oops, you know I can't recall if he did explain his abilities to her or not. If Ramar is fine with it we could say he told us and if not then can retcon that Godelina says that outloud, which Ramar will still pass on I'm sure. Plus Lina is certain they are in a back room.

This is more my playing on Lanten's ignorance and assuming he has not told me about his abilities. My take is:

a) I assume 'Lina's statement was mentiond outloud for now and that everyone else has taken it for granted that Ramar knows what to do.

b) If 'Lina said it mentally to Ramar, then he's just standing there while people say "invisible messages" to one another about the plan. He's just kind of staning there waiting and clueless - which should make things interesting.

Not trying to make things harder for anyone - whatever works is fine. I was doing it more for dramatic license as the 'new guy' and wouldn't be surprised if the group doesn't want to be sharing their special abilities with someone they just met. What Ramar knows and Lanten's cluelessness seems a bit amusing to me.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

lol, nah it's okey I have forgotten is Lina actually knows his abilities to tell him to pass the message on. Oh and like the picture, reminds me of a player I used to have in my KM campaign.


Lanten Tiberiu wrote:

Oh boy...

Lanten uncoils his arms and tenses a little at 'Lina's grim words - bracing to either move towards the house or expecting something to come boiling out of the place. He pauses, and glances with puzzlement at both 'Lina and Ramar and whispers,"How's he supposed to tell her without annoucing our presence on the street?"

"Magic." Edan said by way of reply, shrugging his shield off of his back and intoning a passage in prayer. "..She strode into battle with the light of dawn and lo, such was her radiance that none would touch them.." Finished with the passage, Edan reached out to lay a hand on 'Lina's shoulder, imparting a golden shimmer around her armor that was very different from the wings and halo he had conjured up, its light being truer.

"At your side, Paladin", he promised, giving her a look and smile full of support; his voice resolute.

Shield of Faith on Godelina, +2 Deflection to AC.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

You sure? Lasts a minute and the idea was to wait for 'Shari. Also her AC is now 20 with the spell and if there is any loot...finders keepers. She ain't a AD&D Paladin and won't merely give away loot. The way she sees it, cash is needed to enhance her weapons and armour to more effectively all creatures she comes across. Hoping to get a cold iron sword later.

Godelina steps closer to the door, but awaits for 'Shari to enter and see what she might find. She gives a smile to Edan, repeating the prayer to herself as she waits to hear from 'Shari and hoping to hear some of that chanting from before, hoping to hear some of that chanting again.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Male Human Psion(telepath) 2

I seem to remember way back when I did link all of our minds at the inn before we met Lanten; therefore, everyone but Lanten knows. Nice rp Lanten on the knowledge
Ramar sends the message to Shari before focusing his energy.
concentration to suppress display1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Dispite his best effort, a faint echo of a mornful, beastly cry echos around Ramar.
manifest force screen. +4 shield bonus to AC


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

At Edan's brief explanation, he nods and merely adds, "Fair enough, neighbor." As if on call, the beastly sounds from Ramar makes him glance his way with a mixture of wonder and puzzlement.

While his posture is tense, Lanten walks without drawing a weapon. He tries to place himself so that he can move either towards the door or the window as needed to aid his new associates.
All the while he tries to keep his senses open for trouble.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
Ramar wrote:

I seem to remember way back when I did link all of our minds at the inn before we met Lanten; therefore, everyone but Lanten knows. Nice rp Lanten on the knowledge

Ramar sends the message to Shari before focusing his energy.
concentration to suppress display1d20+6
Dispite his best effort, a faint echo of a mornful, beastly cry echos around Ramar.
manifest force screen. +4 shield bonus to AC

oh yeah forgot that.

Godelina stands next to the door, sword in hand and awaiting for a message from 'Shari. If nothing happens after half a minute (so there will be 5 rounds left of shield of faith) she'll knock the door and attack the first person who answers.

attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

leathal: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

if that person who answers isn't one of the figures who shows up under detect evil then it'll be non-leathal, however it'll be an 8 which I'm sure will be a miss, even without a dex bonus as I don't think they'd be expecting someone to attack them as soon as the door opens. However if there is a peep hole She'll attempt to knock the door down instead.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

In the sort of paced silence that comes from everyone as they move in, Lanten remains hesistant - looking for a cue from either the door or the windows to see where they proceed. There's a bit of tension in the air that pricks at his ears.


Male Human

Busy day yesterday sorry about no post

Shari can not make anything out standing outside the window and so moves into the house to see what she can see.

Stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Shari:
Moving more stealthy then a cat you pace through the first room to the back of the house making sure to avoid any furniture. From the entryway to the back room you can just barely make out an alter of some sort to the left of the entry way and two people sleeping in the bed to the right from the faint light leaking in through the window you left open, you assume it is the man and woman of the house though you can't make out much detail.

From out in the street everyone looks around fearfully for a moment thinking that someone may have heard Ramar's manifestation but the street remains deserted and no sound comes from the house that Shari entered.

1 round passed (for Lina's benifit)


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

'Shari sends a quick message to Ramar: I found two of them, the are sleeping now. I will try to find the other one."

She then moves quietly to the other room, trying to see who the third person is.


Male Human

There are only two rooms in the house, the front room and the back "sleeping area" there are only the two people and the alter in the back room.


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

Ahh OK I get it now...

'Shari thinks for a moment and then realizes the altar must be the source of the third evil aura. She then informs Ramar, "There is no one else here so if you want to knock, then now's the time...


Male Human Psion(telepath) 2

Ramar nods at Evelyn and then the door while holding up 2 fingures.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
Ramar wrote:
Ramar nods at Evelyn and then the door while holding up 2 fingures.

Godeline looks to Ramar, not sure what he means by the two extended digits, but it then hits her. She points her blade at the lock, hoping either 'Shari can open it or someone else with an ability to pick locks.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Lanten glances at the signals passing between Ramar and 'Lina, trying to discern what is taking place. At her pointing of the lock - he quietly asks, "So you want someone to open the door?"

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
Lanten Tiberiu wrote:

Lanten glances at the signals passing between Ramar and 'Lina, trying to discern what is taking place. At her pointing of the lock - he quietly asks, "So you want someone to open the door?"

[dice=Sense Motive]1d20+1

Lina rolls her eyes and gives a nod, making sure to put a finger to a lips, making sure he realises they're trying to be silent.

now if I weren't a Paladin I'd suggest for 'Shari to slit one of their throats and hold the other one hostage, however being a Paladin and holding up honor she'd never attack and helpless opponent.


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

Assuming Ramar lets 'Shari know the others want her to unlock the front door...

'Shari glances about her looking for any other signs of danger, then moves to the front door and quietly unlocks it for the others.

Stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


Male Human

The door is unlocked and the house is laid open before the group. The two people still sleeping peacefully in their bed... for now.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

Lina will head in after the other 'less heavy' members of the group with their lighter armour march in and she'll follow behind, not wanting to wake up these people.

Stealth: 1d20 - 7 ⇒ (18) - 7 = 11


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Lanten's ears continue to itch in the lieu of what's going. He moves forward towards the open door, but pauses and indicates to the others to wait a moment.

Inside he looks at 'Shari and points towards the other room, mouthing Show me to see what she has found. In the dim light, his eyes seem to be more luminous than normal. He looks around as careful possible to see anything else out of sort in the house. He's also curious if there any attic or basement doors visible.

If he's able to make it to the back room, he glances at the altar - trying to glean some knowledge of what or whom it serves before they all come charging in.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Knowledge(Religion): 1d20 ⇒ 17

DM - don't know if it matters to what he finds, but Lanten has low-light vision if the rooms are dim.

Not trying to be contrary here to what's going on. Since he can't hear what's going and doesn't necessarily know what 'Lina is detecting, Lanten's taking a "show me" approach before attacking two people he knows nothing about.


Stealth:1d20 - 5 ⇒ (9) - 5 = 4

'How many adventurers does it take to search a house for evil?', Edan quipped to himself, the irreverence fading as quickly as it had come. When his time to enter the house came, he would be following Behind Godelina, shield on his arm and his sword drawn and ready. Since everyone was still trying to remain quiet, he attempted to do so as well, though he was already thinking to himself that trying to be quiet in this armor was akin to trying to keep a belt pouch of coin from jingling when you ran.

501 to 550 of 1,022 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Adventures from the Lost Tomes All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.