Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Adventures from the Lost Tomes

Game Master Dementia Walker


301 to 350 of 474 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human

I am really sorry guys, my work schedule just changed me to 12-14 hour shifts this week and it is a really long day. I will try to post every day when I can but most likely I will be doing posts every other day and only in the evenings. Weekends have opened up for me however so I should be able to post a few times a day on Sat and Sun now. I will put up the next post tomorrow afternoon after I get off work and try to keep things interesting.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Thanks for the heads up. Sorry to hear about your schedule - been there on that kind of scheduling.

Lantern Lodge

Half-Elf Inquisitive 2/ Seeker 3

Understandable. No worries, and much rest to you!


Male Workaholic, level 10

OK - quick recap of things as I have read it. Most of it I thank Edan/Me'mori covered, but in summary:

*Get Edan a spellbook.
*Speak with the Druid who's acting erratic in Frog Park.
*Still trying to find this mage who making live statues.
*Edan mentioned checking out the City records, although I don't recall what there is to looking for.
*The museum and the art contest.
*Check out the Gorum temple, maybe. They're the ones with the arena.
*There was talk of going to the Dancing Dryad, but I think it's been crowded and costly to get in.
*The magic shop woman mentioned a black market that's been hurting business, but I don't know that anyone is aware of where it is or what's going on there.
*Ramar's been pursuing someone, but how far that's progressed - no clue.

Mind you, since Lanten is kinda new to all this, I leave it to GM to let me know what the character is aware of independently from living in town. Also, if anything that Lanten doesn't know, he may ask 'What's that?' of other characters, please feel free to give me an OOC recap if its easier - don't want everyone having to retread old themes if you don't want to.

I may try to insert some investigation involving Lanten's own background, but I don't want to muddy the waters even more if it feels like we have enough on our plate.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
Alex Martin wrote:

.
*Speak with the Druid who's acting erratic in Frog Park.

Maybe he's just hopping mad, lol


Male Workaholic, level 10
Godelina Evelyn wrote:
Maybe he's just hopping mad, lol

Oooo...zing! :-))


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
Alex Martin wrote:
Godelina Evelyn wrote:
Maybe he's just hopping mad, lol
Oooo...zing! :-))

Terrible joke, but brings a smile to everyone's face. :)


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6
Godelina Evelyn wrote:
Alex Martin wrote:
Godelina Evelyn wrote:
Maybe he's just hopping mad, lol
Oooo...zing! :-))
Terrible joke, but brings a smile to everyone's face. :)

Or he is a recent convert to Wastri the Hopping Prophet, he he.


Male Human
Alex Martin wrote:

OK - quick recap of things as I have read it. Most of it I thank Edan/Me'mori covered, but in summary:

*Get Edan a spellbook.
*Speak with the Druid who's acting erratic in Frog Park.
*Still trying to find this mage who making live statues.
*Edan mentioned checking out the City records, although I don't recall what there is to looking for.
*The museum and the art contest.
*Check out the Gorum temple, maybe. They're the ones with the arena.
*There was talk of going to the Dancing Dryad, but I think it's been crowded and costly to get in.
*The magic shop woman mentioned a black market that's been hurting business, but I don't know that anyone is aware of where it is or what's going on there.
*Ramar's been pursuing someone, but how far that's progressed - no clue.

I may try to insert some investigation involving Lanten's own background, but I don't want to muddy the waters even more if it feels like we have enough on our plate.

You missed a few but that sounds about right for what you guys wanted to do/I gave you to do. So whatever you decided to do next off that list is ok with me. Here is what you missed.

Audry Lilybrook, Owner of the orphanage was somehow connected to the couple you just defeated (They were looking into adopting) and she was very dismissive when you tried to talk to her. There are rumors of monsters in the basement of the orphanage, mostly passed around by kids around town but now that you know that Asmodious is possibly connected it could do some good to investigate. Whomever is behind the Cleric you defeated is very powerful and it may do you some good to gain another level or two before you go charging into it. Just let me know which of these tracks you want to go down.


Male Workaholic, level 10
Narrator of the lost Tomes wrote:


Here is what you missed.
Audry Lilybrook, Owner of the orphanage was somehow connected to the couple you just defeated.

Ah...that's right! I was thinking there was some connection to the couple and the kids, but didn't remember. Hmmm...sadly, that might be the next best step if we are going to keep chasing the Asmodeus thing. But it sounds like it might be a TPK right now.

Lantern Lodge

Half-Elf Inquisitive 2/ Seeker 3

Let's see... Budget-wise, Edan has to sell:

Scale Mail
Large Wooden Shield
Godelina's Longsword
Godelina's Warhammer
Riding Horse
Riding Saddle.

To go towards a spellbook and spells.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3
Godelina Evelyn wrote:
You can go get your book, I'll head to the boat and meet 'Shari and the guard."

The guard!??

Maaaan! Let somebody break into a cultists house; threaten them; and then help them defeat an evil cleric and they can't even remember your name? ;-)

Guess that's Lanten karmic punsihment for making references to 'Lina's looks. Just kidding - I laughed a bit when I read it. It seems in touch with how I think that association is developing, btw.

Lantern Lodge

Half-Elf Inquisitive 2/ Seeker 3

This 'Lina is a bit more... focused, than the pre-break incarnation, it seems.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

Plus I'm still trying to get to grips and even though I as a player know you'll be joining the PCs, she has no in-game character knowledge that you might be in for the long whole and thought he might've appeared just been there on that off occasion.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3
Godelina Evelyn wrote:
She has no in-game character knowledge that you might be in for the long whole and thought he might've appeared just been there on that off occasion.

No worries and totally understand that. The moment was just amusing to me and seems so perfect. Lanten's still not embracing the whole scenario as yet, but that's about to change I think.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

I wonder if 'Shari will feel more couragous in rp due to 'Lina's aura of courage she now has that gives a +4 to fear effects so depends if it does make them both a little more couragous or not :p


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

He he...I suspect that could turn into an aura of jealousy, if 'Lina is not careful here :P


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
'Shari Velnokal wrote:
He he...I suspect that could turn into an aura of jealousy, if 'Lina is not careful here :P

lol, catfight. Meow.

She most likely wouldn't do anything. She isn't actively seeking a relationship so it would have to, as the cultural norm, be the male trying to impress and entice her.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

LOL! Hmmm...that would be an interesting turn of events. :-))


Male Half-elven Fighter 3
Godelina Evelyn wrote:
"I don't know what you mean by it not being proper to invite a man into your room..."

Nicely done there. I started to think that maybe Lanten should try to explain the notion of a "gentleman caller" in tavern might be misconstrued, but I think that would just get him kicked! ;-)


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6
Lanten Tiberiu wrote:
Godelina Evelyn wrote:
"I don't know what you mean by it not being proper to invite a man into your room..."
Nicely done there. I started to think that maybe Lanten should try to explain the notion of a "gentleman caller" in tavern might be misconstrued, but I think that would just get him kicked! ;-)

Exactly! 'Shari is NOT that kind of girl...yet, he he.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
Lanten Tiberiu wrote:
Godelina Evelyn wrote:
"I don't know what you mean by it not being proper to invite a man into your room..."
Nicely done there. I started to think that maybe Lanten should try to explain the notion of a "gentleman caller" in tavern might be misconstrued, but I think that would just get him kicked! ;-)

lol well she isn't dumb she's just clueless on those kind of things as well as romantic affiliations, ect, ect. On most things she's fine, but things like that she'd need to have it spelled out.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3
Godelina Evelyn wrote:
lol well she isn't dumb she's just clueless on those kind of things as well as romantic affiliations, ect, ect. On most things she's fine, but things like that she'd need to have it spelled out.

Not all - gives an interesting touch to the 'holy warrior.' Makes for the possibility of Lanten making some honest, sarcastic comments in the future. Yep - I still see a kicking in his future. :-p


Male Half-elven Fighter 3
Godelina Evelyn wrote:


basically operating like a good cop and not using the funds found for her own need and instead to prove exactly how out of place everything was there. Also, trying to make Godelina based on a knight which, I learned from recent research, there were indeed female medival knights. Some even Knighted by the king.

If you ever get a chance to study it much, the Spanish Reconquista is great source of medieval stories - including female knights. Everyone thinks of Joan of Arc, but there were others. There's a good link here on the subject matter as well.

Lantern Lodge

Half-Elf Inquisitive 2/ Seeker 3

don't worry about leaving Edan behind. He's already figured that this is likely to cost him half the day.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
Lanten Tiberiu wrote:
Godelina Evelyn wrote:


basically operating like a good cop and not using the funds found for her own need and instead to prove exactly how out of place everything was there. Also, trying to make Godelina based on a knight which, I learned from recent research, there were indeed female medival knights. Some even Knighted by the king.
If you ever get a chance to study it much, the Spanish Reconquista is great source of medieval stories - including female knights. Everyone thinks of Joan of Arc, but there were others. There's a good link here on the subject matter as well.

wow thatnks, will use that right away.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

@'Lina: Hope it proves useful. :-)

@Edan: OK - good to know. I just know the 'split the party' stuff can get confusing sometimes.

Cheers!

Lantern Lodge

Half-Elf Inquisitive 2/ Seeker 3

Bah. forgot to add on there that Edan spent one use of Channel Energy in that room, in ooc


Male Human

I knew what you did :)


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

same here. Think we all did.

Oddly Athiest things they're saying for a temple that woreships a god of magic :p

Lantern Lodge

Half-Elf Inquisitive 2/ Seeker 3

True, but he is the ~uncaring~ god..


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
Me'mori wrote:
True, but he is the ~uncaring~ god..

True enough, he probably doesn't give a crap what they're saying. Though he is meant to be all about one hand healing the sick and the other destroying everything in his path.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Kind of felt like Neyths = Magic as Science = Only through theory and experiment is something discovered type of thinking.

Lantern Lodge

Half-Elf Inquisitive 2/ Seeker 3

Same here. That's what I was thinking.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3
Me'mori wrote:
Same here. That's what I was thinking.

And whether that 'discovery is good or bad doesn't matter' is the where the neutral part comes in.

Lantern Lodge

Half-Elf Inquisitive 2/ Seeker 3

Ack! I forgot I'd given Edan the "Life" school from the... APG. Just play it as him thinking Abjuration, but having a talent for Necromancy.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
Me'mori wrote:
Ack! I forgot I'd given Edan the "Life" school from the... APG. Just play it as him thinking Abjuration, but having a talent for Necromancy.

Nothing wrong with a little necro. Mwhahahahhahaha. Oh that reminds me, back to working on my homebrew.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0

Hope it's okey with you DM to do some free publicity.

New Homebrew started: Buried Secrets


Male Human

No problem at all, I would love to get in on it if my once a day posting wouldnt slow it down too much. I will put up a character.


Male Workaholic, level 10
Godelina Evelyn wrote:
New Homebrew started: Buried Secrets

Looks interesting - will have to give it some thought. Already in two, and I'm not sure I could give it the time it deserves.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Something else just occurred to me that maybe DM can clarify: Is the Dryad just a club or is it also a gambling hall? The couple claimed that one of the benefits of serving Asmodeus was that their luck improved.

To me that would imply someone's going to try and gamble with their newfound benefits; maybe we can find someone more willing to talk about who is helping them with their new religion.


Male Human

It is a brothel/ gambling hall


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

So yeah - maybe the idea that we can find of one of these "lucky" cultists in the Dryad gambling/spending money with his new luck is possible...just ruminating here. More motiviation to go there I suppose.


Female Human Rogue 3 current hp 15/15; AC 16, t14, ff 12 ; Init +3; F+1, R +6, W +1; Perc +6

Heh...when 'Shari first arrived in town, one of the first places she went to for a job was the Dryad. Needless to say, she did not feel...comfortable there. Will be interesting if Lanten drags 'Shari there again, he he.


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

Wanted to give everyone a heads up that I am around for the weekend, but will be doing so traveling for a few days, so my posting maybe a little sproradic sometime around the middle of next week. We'll see - but didn't want everyone to think I had disappeared.


Male Human

Just saying, people don't generally wear dresses to visit the black market


Male Half-elven Fighter 3

LOL. Hopefully, I've made that clear. But getting a 'Lina dress may mean we can get into the Dryad easier.


Female Aasimar Paladin/3rd) (HP 28/28, AC 19/10/19. F +8, R +4, W +7, P +3, Init +0
Lanten Tiberiu wrote:
LOL. Hopefully, I've made that clear. But getting a 'Lina dress may mean we can get into the Dryad easier.

Forgot if you mentioned it. I just came up with it, thinking it'd be easier to slip in like that rarther than wearing armour.


Male Human

Or your could wear a large dark hooded cloak and stick to the shadows?


Male Half-elven Fighter 3
Narrator of the lost Tomes wrote:
Or your could wear a large dark hooded cloak and stick to the shadows?

Also useful. ;-)

301 to 350 of 474 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post Discussion / Adventures from the Lost Tomes OOC All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.