Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Adventure to the Jade Regent (Inactive)

Game Master mathpro18


251 to 300 of 612 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Male Elf Bard - 6

I keep my guard up, in case anything comes around the corner. If anything comes around the corner in an aggressive manner, I will cast Reduce Person again.


Male (Though Commonly Appears as Female) Aasimar, Tian descent Ninja lvl 1

Oops, Masada is a samurai from another campaign. Names are very similar. Got em mixed up sorry.

At the correction I sigh. "Sorry Marasu" I continue to follow the group keeping a wary eye for trouble.


Male Human Samurai (Sword Saint) 1

Faelar = Kerri? Btw, Tanimoto you just make this for amusing RP.

"Masaru," he corrected again, irritated. "Not Masada, not Marasu -- Masaru. Ma-Sa-Ru!" He huffed at her steeled his resolve, staring straight ahead after closing his eyes. Women...


Female Halfling Sorceror - Ice Linnorm : 2

Sorry, Faelar is my default Alias and I was rushed, so forgot to change it.


Male Kitsune Wolf Shaman Druid 01

right. Girls your both pretty. Can we go? with that Godfrey becomes silent at the sound of the hissing.


Female Halfling Sorceror - Ice Linnorm : 2

Slightly confused about the conversation that had taken place, I remain on Masaru's shoulders not making a sound. Once the hissing does not stop, I remain perfectly still too, almost as if frozen in place.


Now that its silent the hissing seems reptilian in nature but doesn't really seem to be getting closer. If you focus on it you're pretty sure due to the volume that its multiple creatures making the noise.

You are also starting to find it a bit odd that you're standing there listing to the hissing and no one has come out of the house to greet you.


Female Halfling Sorceror - Ice Linnorm : 2

Still wary and a little scared of the hissing I call out, "H...h...hello? I...i...is anyone th...th...there?"


You hear two loud thuds from inside the house but there is no response to your greeting outside and the hissing continues.

Anyone brave enough to go around the side of the house to investigate?


Female Halfling Sorceror - Ice Linnorm : 2

I look down to Masaru, "I think we should go check it out ... those thuds were rather worrying and there's also all the hissing. Maybe we should stop the hissing and try calling out again, in case they can't hear us over it all?"


Male Human Samurai (Sword Saint) 1

Masaru wordlessly moves around to the side of the house, his sword drawn with sharp eyes narrowed. Once out of earshot of the others, he whispers, "Hold on, I don't know what to expect..."


Female Halfling Sorceror - Ice Linnorm : 2

"I think we will just find a few snakes, but it would be best to have your sword ready, just in case something more fearsome comes. Would you like me to get down now? I don't want to make you ache from carrying me such a long way."

I ready an action, if anything bigger than myself comes at us in a threatening manner, I will cast Reduce Person on myself.


You two find a pen filled with snakes. Two of them are free of any sort of cage as they're far to large to be kept in one. All told there are about 15 snakes in the pen.


Male Human Samurai (Sword Saint) 1

"Lovely," Masaru says, a shiver rolling down his spine. "I don't like snakes... And there are more here than I'm comfortable with..." He frowns, his posture hesitant which is immediately recognizable by Kerri as she is perched on his shoulders. His knuckles tighten around the sword brandished before him as he takes slow, methodical steps forward. He avoids the two larger snakes and waves the rest of the party over.


Male Kitsune Wolf Shaman Druid 01

Godfrey puts his hand on masaru's shoulder. When he looks he merely shakes his head. Taking a nonthreatening posture he steps forward slowly as if trying to get the snakes used to his presence.
wild empathy1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Female Halfling Sorceror - Ice Linnorm : 2

I feel Masaru tense up, "Don't worry as long as we don't do anything to provoke them, we should be ..." I stop mid-sentence as I watch Godfrey carelessly walk into the pen of snakes. "... fine. What are you doing Godfrey?! You are going to upset them and make them attack us!"

I continue to hold my readied action.


Male Human Samurai (Sword Saint) 1

That's not going to work, he thought, pausing as Godfrey touched his shoulder and approached the snakes. He gulped and his grip tightened that much more on his sword, one hand over the other. He focused on the snakes and Godfrey, nearly jumping when Kerri spoke. He nearly forget she was there from his tension.


I need perception checks from the everyone by/in the pen.

Godfrey you walk into the pen and the larger snakes start moving towards you. They don't seem hostile yet but they don't seem any calmer by your presence.


Male Kitsune Wolf Shaman Druid 01

Perception1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Okay I must be doing this wrong, hunker down and keep eye contact with them
Wild Empathy1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Male Human Samurai (Sword Saint) 1

Perception 1d20 ⇒ 18


Female Halfling Sorceror - Ice Linnorm : 2

Perception : 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19


Male (Though Commonly Appears as Female) Aasimar, Tian descent Ninja lvl 1

Been out of the loop. Thank you Mass Effect 3. Done now.

I stand by watching as the others move towards the shack. I then make my move steathily to the door.
Stealth:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Once I reach the door I check to see if it is locked.


Tani the door is locked.

Masaru and Keri you are able to see a body laying on the ground in the back side of the cage. Godfrey you don't notice it because you are to busy trying to calm the snake that is still approaching you. It stops about a foot in front of you and its tongue darts out almost as if it were trying to figure you out.


Male Human Samurai (Sword Saint) 1

"There's somebody in the cage," he commented quietly.


Female Halfling Sorceror - Ice Linnorm : 2

"So I see, should we try and get to the body? That would mean going around the snakes or through them. I would rather go around, I don't want to aggravate them and become their dinner. Maybe Godfrey will fill them up so if it came to me they wouldn't be hungry?"


Male Kitsune Wolf Shaman Druid 01

Shh! Godfrey says to the rest of the group. Trying to focus his mind and keeping eyes on the constrictor in front of him

third times the charm I hope. Wild empathy1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


Male Human Samurai (Sword Saint) 1

I don't think you can keep trying when you fail.

"Don't worry, nothing is going to eat you," he assured the halfling. He steeled his resolve and approached Godfrey, wanting to move so he could flank the snake if it was prepared to strike them.

Ready Action: Power Attack


Female Halfling Sorceror - Ice Linnorm : 2

Wild Empathy:
A druid can improve the attitude of an animal. This ability functions just like a Diplomacy check made to improve the attitude of a person (see Using Skills). The druid rolls 1d20 and adds her druid level and her Charisma modifier to determine the wild empathy check result. The typical domestic animal has a starting attitude of indifferent, while wild animals are usually unfriendly.

To use wild empathy, the druid and the animal must be within 30 feet of one another under normal conditions. Generally, influencing an animal in this way takes 1 minute but, as with influencing people, it might take more or less time.

A druid can also use this ability to influence a magical beast with an Intelligence score of 1 or 2, but she takes a –4 penalty on the check.

Diplomacy:
You cannot use Diplomacy to influence a given creature's attitude more than once in a 24-hour period. If a request is refused, the result does not change with additional checks, although other requests might be made. You can retry Diplomacy checks made to gather information.

Remaining silent, I continue to hold my readied action.


The snake moves up and starts to wrap its self around Godfrey's leg.


Male Human Samurai (Sword Saint) 1

Can I charge it? I assume I can't tell the difference between 'playful' and aggressive and its a large sized snake beginning to constrict him...


Female Halfling Sorceror - Ice Linnorm : 2

If I feel that Masaru is going to charge, I shall use my readied action.


Sorry guys should have been using spoilers for this entire scene since Tani isn't aware of whats going on in the cage...I'll start using them now.

Spoiler:
Kerri you're spell goes off and Masaru you are able to charge the creature.


Male Human Samurai (Sword Saint) 1

Charge Attack Power Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Damage 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Masaru leaps forward and he flashes his katana in a powerful stroke, driving the blade down upon the snake without a word.


Female Halfling Sorceror - Ice Linnorm : 2

Action (Mathpro, Godfrey and Masaru only):
I look at the snake that is slowly approaching Godfrey, Masaru and myself and start whisper some words in a foreign tongue, "zezhuanth iri, nar vhira nomenoi wioti, xurwk sia hatob nar astahi vis!" and performing some complex hand gestures. Then all of a sudden my eyes, skin and finger nails start turn to an icy blue colour, in the palm of my hand a small perfectly spherical ball of solid ice forms. Once the ball is about an inch in diameter I throw it at the snake. Also Masaru you will notice that while I am doing this, there seems to be a cold air around me, but once I have thrown the ball of ice it dissipates and my eyes, skin and finger nails all revert back to their original colour.

Ray of Frost Attack : 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 (This is against its Touch Armour Class.)
Ray of Frost Damage : 1d3 ⇒ 3

Draconic:
"Ancient Ones, strike down these foes, make my dart strike them true!"

Anyone heard from Caerwyn?


Male Kitsune Wolf Shaman Druid 01

okay that didn't work, plan B
Godfrey grips his club tightly and strikes at the serpent
Club1d20 ⇒ 20
damage1d6 ⇒ 2

confirm crit1d20 ⇒ 7
extra damage1d6 ⇒ 3


Snake pen actions:

Masaru you charge forward and strike the snake. Kerri you hit it with your ray of frost and Godfrey you are able to strike it with your club. In response to your strikes the snake tries to bite Godfrey but its its to weak from the beating to puncture the skin.

Attack on Godfrey:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 91d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Male Human Samurai (Sword Saint) 1

Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

He swung his sword again but stumbled partially during the swing, his blade missing and nicking the ground. "Damn it," he cursed, taking a step back and readying his blade.


Female Halfling Sorceror - Ice Linnorm : 2

Snake Pen:

Initiative : 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Action 1 :

I start to whisper some words in a foreign tongue again, "zezhuanth iri, nar vhira nomenoi wioti, xurwk sia hatob nar astahi vis!" and begin to breath in. Then all of a sudden my eyes, skin and finger nails start turn to an icy blue colour, then I spit a small perfectly spherical ball of solid ice at the approaching snake, there seems to be a cold air around me, but once I have fired the ball of ice the cold air dissipates and my eyes, skin and finger nails all revert back to their original colour.

Elemental Spit Attack : 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 (This is against its Touch Armour Class.)
Elemental Spit Damage : 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 (This is Cold damage.)

Action 2 (if the snake I'm firing at dies):

I start to whisper some words in a foreign tongue again, "zezhuanth iri, nar vhira nomenoi wioti, xurwk sia hatob nar astahi vis!" and performing some complex hand gestures. Then all of a sudden my eyes, skin and finger nails start turn to an icy blue colour, in the palm of my hand a small perfectly spherical ball of solid ice forms. Once the ball is about an inch in diameter I throw it at the snake that is trying to bite Godfrey. Also Masaru you will notice that while I am doing this, there seems to be a cold air around me, but once I have thrown the ball of ice the cold air dissipates and my eyes, skin and finger nails all revert back to their original colour.

Ray of Frost Attack : 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20 (This is against its Touch Armour Class.)
Ray of Frost Damage : 1d3 ⇒ 2

Draconic:

"Ancient Ones, strike down these foes, make my dart strike them true!"


Kerri you spit at the snake and it dies.


Female Halfling Sorceror - Ice Linnorm : 2

So it is just the snake that is currently attacking Godfrey now, right? Would Masaru and I have enough room to move behind the engaged snake so we can either assist in combat by flanking, or have a look at this body?


Male (Though Commonly Appears as Female) Aasimar, Tian descent Ninja lvl 1

Blech sorry for not posting sooner. Fatigue and complete lack of an idea has slowed me a bit.

I look for a window. If I find one I move in though it stealthily
Sneak:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

If I can't get through the window I will try the door lock.
Disable Device:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Snake Pen:

The snake is dead and the other one that's free doesn't seem to have noticed you guys. You are free to examine the body if you wish.

Tani:

Just as you start to approach the window you hear the door open and a voice call out. He...hello?


Female Halfling Sorceror - Ice Linnorm : 2

I will climb down and search the body. "Masaru, do you want to keep an eye on the snake? I really don't want to be its dinner."


Snake Pen:
The man moans as you approach him. "uhhh..." As you take a closer look at him you see several cuts that look to be made by some sort of bladed weapon.


Male (Though Commonly Appears as Female) Aasimar, Tian descent Ninja lvl 1

Mathpro:

I straighten up and approach. Giving my most charming girly smile I greet him. "Hello my name is Tanimoto. I have heard of your trade and have come to ask a few questions and maybe see a master at work."
Diplomacy:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18 +1 more if he finds me charming.


Male Human Samurai (Sword Saint) 1

Masaru nods, keeping an eye on the snakes and is poised to strike if Kerri is in any immediate danger. He is watchful, breathing slowly as his grip tightens on the sword in hand.


Female Halfling Sorceror - Ice Linnorm : 2

I look around to Masaru and Godfrey quickly, "Can either of you treat injuries? This man is alive, but has been cut by a knife or something similar." I look bad at the man, "Don't worry, we will try to stop the pain." I speak quietly to myself, "I have a bad feeling about this."

Mathro, is this man the size of a Halfling, or larger?


Snake pen:
Masaru the other snake that is free doesn't seem to be making any moves towards you or Kerri.

Kerri you are able to see at least a half dozen slashes on the mans body. He looks to be a halfling.

Tani:
As you speak the man tries his best to close the door around him, to prevent you from seeing inside. He stands the normal height for a halfling but something looks...off. He has a really bad snake bite on his hand that you notice before he speaks.

"Hmm yes my skill is great...but I would ask you come back another time. The house is a mess and I would be truly embarrassed if you came in and saw it...give me a few days and I will have it all in order."

Go ahead and make me a sense motive if you wish.

DM eyes only:

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21


Male Human Samurai (Sword Saint) 1

Masaru appears cautious, moving closer to Kerri while maintaining eye contact on the other large snake. "I'm sorry," he said. "I only know very basic first aide. I could tear up my shirt for bandages if need be, however."


Female Halfling Sorceror - Ice Linnorm : 2

I glance up at Masaru, "I think this is the man who we came to see, I feel it in my gut."

251 to 300 of 612 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Adventures to the Jade Regent All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.