Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Academy of Secrets

Game Master mathpro18


51 to 100 of 163 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

DM EYES ONLY:

Retriver Init:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Death counter:1d4 ⇒ 3

Spellcraft DC 23:

You detect that someone casted Greater Planer Binding.

Doran:

You approach the door with your axe drawn. You see a human female sprawled on the floor, arcs of electricity coming off of her body. You also see a spider the size of a bull elephant rears up on its back four legs in eyes shimmering with magical energy. It turns to face you and it hisses. It doesn't look friendly.

I'm going to assume that Doran isn't going to do the old close the door and pretend I didn't see anything move so I'm going to need everyone to roll init please.


Init: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23


F

Initiative 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


F

On her turn Polgara begins to call and cast a spell (full round action to call a spell using her bonded ring).

On the next round just before her turn:

Polgara waves her hand at the creature and a partially visible wave of force flies toward the creature and amplifies Momentarily wrapping the extraplanar creature in a green energy.

I just re-read the spell and was suprised to find it's not a ray, but does get a Will save and SR roll.

SR roll 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (11) + 17 = 28 (CL13+2 elf +2 robe of archmagi)

TKG creature identificaiton:

Knowledge (Arcana) 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (20) + 21 = 41
Knowledge (Dungeon) 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23
Knowledge (engineer) 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27
Knowledge (Geography) 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 28
Knowledge (History) 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21
Knowledge (Local) 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27
Knowledge (Nature) 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (17) + 16 = 33
Knowledge (Nobilitty) 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36
Knowledge (Planes) 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35
Knowledge (Religion) 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31
Linguistics 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (11) + 24 = 35
Spellcraft 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (7) + 24 = 31


M Dwarf Cleric 13

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

This is the day before we are supposed to do the test correct?


F
Doran Darok wrote:

Initiative: 1d20+4

This is the day before we are supposed to do the test correct?

Yup.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Magus 10/Duelist 3

Initative: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

Elrond draws his sword, and takes a ready action to attack anything hostile that comes close.


Male Gnome Oracle 13

Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Knowledge (Religion)1d20 + 18 ⇒ (2) + 18 = 20
Knowledge (Planes)1d20 + 18 ⇒ (13) + 18 = 31


I have posted combat rules in the campaign info tab. Please take a look at them. I still need actions from Doran and Zantis everyone else your actions are fine. Once those two post I will get my first round wrap up post done. If you have any questions on the combat rules please ask them in the discussion section.


Sorry, I've been AFK for a few days. Catching up with PBPs now.

Zantis rushes to the door, drawing his bow. Move action, drawing his bow on the move.

Zantis will then Ready an action to shoot anything hostile, or shoot something Hostile if he can see it.

Attack, Readied:1d20 + 25 ⇒ (3) + 25 = 28

Damage1d8 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21


M Dwarf Cleric 13

Action 1

Doran moves back a bit, hopefully out of line of sight but keeping himself in between his party and the thing. He starts casting a spell but holds the energy for the things action.

Readying to Summon Monster V for a Bralani Azata behind the spider after it moves, cast as standard from Sacred Summons.
Azata Attacks:1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24,1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Damage:1d6 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14, 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

However, I'll probably go last so assuming the things on top of me.
Action 2

Doran draws his shield and attaches it to his wrist. Then steps 5 feet closer to the beastly thing.


Male Gnome Oracle 13

Harren begins to summon, calling forth ancient and powerful creatures.

Harren casts Summon Monster Six to summon 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 Ankylosauruses.


Round 1 wrap up.

Elrod you ready an action to attack. Zantis you move forward and see whats described in the spoiler below. You are able to get a shot off but your arrow fails to pierce the creatures metallic looking skin. Harren you try and figure out what you know about the creature and you begin to summon creatures. They will arrive on your next turn and you can read the spoiler with your name in it below. Polgara you try and figure out what you know about the creature and you begin to cast a spell. Your spell will go off just before your turn next round and you can read the spoiler with your name in it below. The spider charges forward and tries to bite at Doran. Its large fangs pierce through the dwarfs armor and into his flesh doing 10 points of damage. You are also grappled between its fangs now. Doran you are able to attach your shield.

Zantis:

You see a human female sprawled on the floor, arcs of electricity coming off of her body. You also see a spider the size of a bull elephant rears up on its back four legs in eyes shimmering with magical energy. It turns to face you and it hisses. It doesn't look friendly.

Harren/Polgara:

You are able to figure out that this creature is a type of spider known as a Retriever. Retrievers are extraplanar constructs that have the ability to shoot magical power from their eyes as well as make strong attacks with their claws and pincers. From what you've seen so far this one looks to be particularly strong.

init:

Elrod
Zantis
Harren
Polgara
Spider
Doran

Attacks of opportunity by party members:

Attacks on party:

Spider bite attack:1d20 + 23 ⇒ (10) + 23 = 331d8 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Spider grab attempt:1d20 + 29 ⇒ (16) + 29 = 45

Party Saves:

Creature Saves:

Party Damage:

Party Skill Checks:

Enemy Skill Checks:

DM EYES ONLY KEEP OUT:

AC 27 from charging
HP: 167/167

Well this was an interesting round of combat...our battle cleric is getting eaten already lol.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Magus 10/Duelist 3

Elrond yells, "Tally Ho spider!"

Attack: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (18) + 19 = 37
Critical Confirm: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (11) + 19 = 30
Damage: 2d6 + 23 ⇒ (1, 3) + 23 = 27


Take it out! Zantis shouts, unleashing a burst of arrows from his bow.

Zantis will take a flurry of blows against the spider, using Deadly Aim, a round of his boots of haste, spending a ki point to deal unarmed damage with his bow.

Flurry of Blows:

Attack 1: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (18) + 24 = 42

2d8 + 19 ⇒ (8, 8) + 19 = 35

Attack 2: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (8) + 24 = 32

2d8 + 19 ⇒ (3, 5) + 19 = 27

Attack 3: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (3) + 24 = 27

2d8 + 19 ⇒ (8, 4) + 19 = 31

Attack 4: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (3) + 19 = 22

2d8 + 19 ⇒ (8, 5) + 19 = 32

Attack 5: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (6) + 19 = 25

2d8 + 19 ⇒ (4, 1) + 19 = 24

Attack 6: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21

2d8 + 19 ⇒ (3, 5) + 19 = 27

+1/+1 Hit/Damage if within 30 feet.

DR is applied to the total damage.

9 rounds of haste left, 20/21 Ki Points.


F

If Polgara spell from last round does not dismiss the creature:

Option 1;
Is it smaller than a 20 foot cube? If yes Polgara casts force cage to keep it contained. No SR, but reflex save dc 25

Option 2: Wand of haste on my party


M Dwarf Cleric 13

Hahahahahahahah. That tickles, stop it stop it, hahahah Doran laughs as he swings his axe wildly trying to strike a soft spot.

Attack:1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16
Damage:1d8 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Attack:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Damage:1d8 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Unless of course I'm pinned in which case I'd like to activate Freedom's Call

Doran slips from the jaws of the beast like the last piece of spaghetti from a fork and slyly steps 5 feet to the left a grin on his face.


Male Gnome Oracle 13

Four massive beasts spring into existence, each with massive bodies and deadly looking intentions. They charge en masse, swinging massive club tails at the creature.

Harren summons the creatures into charging positions if possible.

Harren moves closer to see what is in the room better, but does not get withing 20 feet of the creature.

They all activate their smite. As many as can, charge. If they cannot charge, they move and attack.

Summon 1: Attack 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (5) + 18 = 23 (minus two if not charging) for 3d6 + 25 ⇒ (6, 5, 4) + 25 = 40 damage and if it hits the creature must make a DC 25 fort save or be dazed.

Summon 2: Attack 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (20) + 18 = 38 (minus two if not charging) for 3d6 + 25 ⇒ (2, 6, 5) + 25 = 38 damage and if it hits the creature must make a DC 25 fort save or be dazed.

Crit confirm 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (16) + 18 = 34, extra damage 3d6 + 25 ⇒ (2, 2, 2) + 25 = 31

Summon 3: Attack 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (20) + 18 = 38 (minus two if not charging) for 3d6 + 25 ⇒ (1, 6, 2) + 25 = 34 damage and if it hits the creature must make a DC 25 fort save or be dazed.

crit confirm 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (11) + 18 = 29, extra damage: 3d6 + 25 ⇒ (2, 2, 3) + 25 = 32

Summon 4: Attack 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (5) + 18 = 23 (minus two if not charging) for 3d6 + 25 ⇒ (3, 6, 5) + 25 = 39 damage and if it hits the creature must make a DC 25 fort save or be dazed.


Round 2 wrap up.

Elrod charges the spider, striking true with his rapier he almost severs one of the creatures legs with a powerful strike. Zantis you let loose a barage of arrows and 3 of them stick into the powerful creature while the other 3 pounce off its hide. Green igor starts to ooze from the holes your arrows made. Harren your summoned creatures finish off the spider.

init:

Elrod
Zantis
Harren
Polgara
Spider
Doran

Attacks of opportunity by party members:

Attacks on party:

Party Saves:

Creature Saves:

Party Damage:

Party Skill Checks:

Enemy Skill Checks:

DM EYES ONLY KEEP OUT:

AC 27 from charging
HP: 47/167

Congrats guys! You have killed this thing the fastest out of anyone. I'm very impressed. Then again when you screw up running the creature on the first round...should have AOE'ed the party instead of charging the cleric. Oh well congrats on the win.


F

Polgaras eyebrow raises. "Well, you're all far more effective than I thought you would be."
Then to the students with a harsh expression, "Whomever explains themselves first may receive more lenient punishment."

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Magus 10/Duelist 3

"Well fought everyone. If we perform like is throughout, we should have no problem with the challenge."

"Who knows what happened here? Explain yourselves."


That could have been far worse. You need to be more careful messing with magic. As students of such an institution, you should know well the potential havoc that could be caused by it.


M Dwarf Cleric 13

Doran rolls out of the not limp spiders maw and gets to his feet.

Well that was certainly refreshing. Nothing like almost getting eaten to get your blood boiling. So who was the idiot who brought that thing here? Probably the sparkling person laying on the ground over there eh? Ahh the ignorance of youth.

Doran checks his wound for any fang shard then proceeds to heal himself.

1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


The classroom is empty except for an unconscious student who looks rather beat up. She's in definite need of healing if she's going to survive.


F
DM Mathpro wrote:
The classroom is empty except for an unconscious student who looks rather beat up. She's in definite need of healing if she's going to survive.

Sighing a the realization that the one who she's talking to is unconscious.

"Would one of you like to heal her or shall I?"


M Dwarf Cleric 13

Doran hustles over to the student and takes a knee. He quickly casts a spell and touches her on the forehead.

changing out prayer for cure:3d8 + 13 ⇒ (1, 6, 4) + 13 = 24

Here I think you might want this

He reaches in his pack and hands them a mead.


F
Doran Darok wrote:

Doran hustles over to the student and takes a knee. He quickly casts a spell and touches her on the forehead.

changing out prayer for cure:3d8+13

Here I think you might want this

He reaches in his pack and hands them a mead.

"Perhaps she should answer questions sober before we allow her to lose her memory in drink." Polgara says a little irritated.

Player isn't irritated. Just roleplay. ;-)


The young student starts as she is brought back to being consciousness, a deep blush crossing her cheeks. "Who...who are you? she says sounding a little confused as he looks around the room.


M Dwarf Cleric 13

Well were the ones who saved you friend offering the mead again when he seems a bit more coherent. We're also the next winners of the breaching festival. Hi, my name's Doran. Would you like a drink to soothe your pain?


The student looks up at Doran and shakes her head "No thanks...I don't drink. So your contestants in this years festival? Must have been recruited by the headmaster because I haven't seen you around here before so I don't think you're students..."

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Magus 10/Duelist 3

"Correct, we are not students here."


M Dwarf Cleric 13

Well, suit yourself. Doran places the bottle back in his sack then to the student. So what were you planning to do there friend. Did you need some clothing spun, or did your boyfriend just break up with you, or what? Doesn't seem like you really knew what you were doing. I'd rather not like to think someone who was smart enough to go the school here would be dumb enough to make a mistake like that on purpose. Oh sorry am I making you feel worse, dang it I was trying to do the opposite. I'm no good at this sober.

Doran blushes and shys away from the student, quickly grabbing the bottle again, opening it, and shoving it in his mouth as if to prevent any further stupidity from spilling out.


Zantis smiles at the student. "Now, what was the reason for all this? What you did was exceedingly dangerous, and if we hadn't been here, it may have been much worse than it was."


F

**Crickets**

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Magus 10/Duelist 3

"What is that infernal noise? Ahh, it's driving me insane!"


The girl blushes at Zantis's words and her head droops. "Yeah...I thought I could control the summoning...guess I was wrong...the headmaster is going to kill me..." she mumbles as she reaches up to hold her head.


Whoops, didn't see the post in here. I checked the thread, I just apparently completely missed it.

Now now, don't get ahead of yourself. No-one was injured, I'm sure we can get this smoothed out. You'll still be punished, I'm sure, but there's no need to speak so rashly.


F

"Be more careful, child. Fortune favored you this time, but it may not next. " Polgara says.

"Do you need transport to a medic or will you be alright?"


"Physically I'll be fine...but not sure if I'll be a student here much longer...I was already on probation when I pulled this stunt. I figured if I could pull off the summoning and control that beast I would be able to show that I was skilled enough to have my full student status reinstated. The headmaster is surely going to kick me out now..." she says and then softly begins to cry.


F
DM Mathpro wrote:
"Physically I'll be fine...but not sure if I'll be a student here much longer...I was already on probation when I pulled this stunt. I figured if I could pull off the summoning and control that beast I would be able to show that I was skilled enough to have my full student status reinstated. The headmaster is surely going to kick me out now..." she says and then softly begins to cry.

"It's distinctly possible." Considering a moment. "What circle are you?" (AKA What's the highest level spell you can cast?)


The girl pauses for a second and then blushes "Just learned my first third level spell the other day..."


F
DM Mathpro wrote:
The girl pauses for a second and then blushes "Just learned my first third level spell the other day..."

"The creature you summoned was far above a third circle." Polgara says somehow managing to raise an eyebrow and narrow her eyes at the same time. "Did you use a scroll or other tool?"


The girl holds up a spent scroll "...stole it from the library...figured it would be strong enough to show how powerful I am..."


F
DM Mathpro wrote:
The girl holds up a spent scroll "...stole it from the library...figured it would be strong enough to show how powerful I am..."

"Part of living long enough to become a powerful caster is knowing your limits, girl. If you do get dismissed I recommend a life of the adventurer. The fear associated with it will either teach you humility or you'll find death, perhaps worse, for your hubris. If you are not dismissed I pray you'll find humility from this overwhelming mistake alone." Turing from the girl and leaving the area Polgara states matter-of-factly "We're done here. Let us be on our way." even as she walks.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Magus 10/Duelist 3

Elrond silently follows the group out


F

Someone remind me where we were going before this? A bar or something to await the next day, right?


I believe it was either the bar or the library


She is correct. The life of an adventurer would likely be quite good for you. While there are many things that you won't learn there that you would have here, the same can be said in the opposite direction. In any case, we'd best be off. I wish you luck in the future with whatever path you decide to follow, and perhaps we will meet again. Zantis follows the others out as well.


F

lets split the difference.

Polgara is heading to the bar.


M Dwarf Cleric 13

Doran happily obliges the lady and escorts her to the bar. if youll have me, he says extending his arm foolishly to escort polgara.

welcome back dude

51 to 100 of 163 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Academy of Secrets All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.