Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Aardvark's "What a Royal Pain" CotCT Campaign

Game Master Troy Malovich

The second Pathfinder AP, set in the city of Korvosa. The city is in turmoil after the death of the king.


1 to 50 of 1,263 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

King Eodred II has died, Geadren Lamm brought to 'justice', riots were quelled, an 'Assassin' caught and later rescued by a local vigilante, and the body of a missing Shoanti retrieved from dark passages. Now all that's left for the hapless heroes is to lie down and get some much needed time off. I wonder how long it will last.


Male Dwarf Two-Handed Fighter/5; AC: 20, T: 13, FF: 17; HP: 50/50; F: +5, R: +3, W: +1; Init: +2, Perc: +4

Apparently not long, Felgar searches out Neva immediately to see if she cxan help.

Ma'am, I be ailin', can ya help?


Male Dwarf Two-Handed Fighter/5; AC: 20, T: 13, FF: 17; HP: 50/50; F: +5, R: +3, W: +1; Init: +2, Perc: +4

HP Roll & Level Up:
HP: 1d10 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 = 7
Took Cleave as Bonus Feat
Added rank to Perception and Knowledge (Dungeoneering)
Added Ability Point to STR


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Neva is able to tell that one of Felgar's injuries from the carrion golem seems to have gotten infected. Nothing more than what could be expected down in the depravity of the warren, he looks to have a nasty case of filth fever.

Felgar, due to Neva's ministrations you get a +4 to your day's save vs Filth Fever.


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Later in the same day, someone else comes looking for members of the group. She is almost unrecognizable, being all cleaned up, and in better spirits. It is the woman, Alana, that you all rescued from Cabbagehead's pits. "You were so brave down there, and I owe you so much gratitude. I cannot offer much in the way of money, but I do have this." She holds out a long slender wand, made of birch. "It is magical, I know that much. I wanted to give it to you, because it is what I have left of my old life. Stealing is what got me into the mess I was in, and I'm going to turn my life around."

Spellcraft DC 18:
It is a wand of Cure Moderate Wounds with 34 charges.

Where does everyone stay in their downtime? When I picked up the game I think you were all crammed into Zellara's little home. Is that still the case. Does Neva stay at the Temple, Felgar at the Citadel?


Male Dwarf Two-Handed Fighter/5; AC: 20, T: 13, FF: 17; HP: 50/50; F: +5, R: +3, W: +1; Init: +2, Perc: +4

Yes, Felgar at the Citadel sick bay, I would imagine.

Filth Fever...jeez. Thanks Mi'lady. Anythin' you can do t'help is a blessin'.

here are three Fort Saves for the upcoming days.

Fort: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 4 = 28
1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 4 = 11
1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 4 = 16


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

Copper takes 10 to get the 18 required to identify the wand.

Copper accepts the wand graciously. "We are very honored by your gift, miss, though I am happy to here about the new leaf you are turning. May the gods look favorably upon you. And if you need any more help, come find us."

After Alana leaves, Copper hands the wand over to Neva, "It is a healing wand of moderate strength. This could come in very handy in the future."

CMW, 34 charges


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

Copper returns to his own abode, though he tells the others how and where to find him should they need him.


Male Halfling Rog4 / Ftr1 (AC: 20 [T: 16 FF: 16] | HP: 34/37 | F+5, R+9/+10 traps, W+2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9/+10 traps | healthy

Rutter stays at Zellara's over the next few days. In the evenings, he spends a lot of time running through the more convoluted passages among the Shingles. The practice pays off, as he can tell that his agility has improved. Maybe next time he won't get slammed when he tries to sidestep some lumbering beast. If there is a next time. He struggles with the decision to spend some of his money. It was a nice little run of jobs, but he doubts he'll be called upon again, so there's no point in throwing away coin on equipment he'll never use. Still, it doesn't hurt to stay in contact with some of his "friends" so he chats one up about the little chemical tricks that he supplies, and buys a few to garner goodwill. After that, his spending mood continues, and he acquires that sap he was missing on one of those jobs. He swings back by Zellara's to stash his new gear, and then goes to a halfling-friendly brothel to spend a little more coin.


Male Halfling Summoner 4 (AC: 13 [T: 11 FF: 13] | CMD: 13 | HP: 20/20 | F+1, R+4, W+5(+2 vs fear) | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

Pravlox relaxes a bit around the barracks, doing as much shopping as his funds allow, but otherwise doing little but keeping Felgar's spirits up until he can rid himself of the last remnants of the last adventure, training with Rex, doing his various other sundry duties that come up around the barracks, and otherwise simply relaxing and being amazed at his change of fortunes in the last few weeks.


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

By the second day Felgar has recovered some from his nasty infection, but he can tell it may take a little more time for it to be out of his system fully. He got his bearings back, but he is still suffering an upset stomach. The 1 pt of Dex is back, but you still have 2 pts of Con damage left.

Pravlox however, seems to be coming down with what was afflicting Felgar. It didn't hit you quite as hard, a little dizziness, which in turn makes you nauseous, more like a heavy case of the spins.

Pravlox:
You take 1d3 ⇒ 1 Dex damage and 1d3 ⇒ 1 Con damage.

Copper discovers with a little investigation, that the blue liquid is actually Blue Whinnis poison, about enough for five doses.

Copper ID'd the ring, and mentioned selling the other wand, in the discussion thread. Not sure if you guys saw it.


Male Dwarf Two-Handed Fighter/5; AC: 20, T: 13, FF: 17; HP: 50/50; F: +5, R: +3, W: +1; Init: +2, Perc: +4

Prav, I appreciate ya' stickin' around t'cheer me up!

Felgar will continue with bed rest to heal up.

@GM Aardvark: I am assuming recovery of 1 pt of ability damage per day. Can I do anything else to speed the process? Do you need more save rolls?


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

Copper stays home for a few days, trying to stay out of sight as much as possible, in case anyone wants to come cast blame on him or his friends for how events went at the sentencing.

During the time, he spends much time deep in thought, mentally working through the steps in some spells he thinks he can make a reality, if he could just figure out the right command words.

He awakes one morning to find his bedshets with multiple burn holes in them and the floor of the room covered in a thin sheet of grease. Rolling over, he discovers the runic fire on his skin has changed slightly. The fire almost seems to be growing from his ring. The designs that had been on the back of his left hand now stretch up to the middle of his forearm, as if they are slowly consuming his body.


Male Halfling Summoner 4 (AC: 13 [T: 11 FF: 13] | CMD: 13 | HP: 20/20 | F+1, R+4, W+5(+2 vs fear) | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

Pravlox also simply rests for the entire day, not overly happy, but having dealt worse under far less pleasant conditions, so not particularly worried or upset either. In fact, he spends most of the time sleeping, being far to used to the ravages of disease and sickness of all kinds to be overly bothered by the side effects.

Healing Ability Damage: Temporary ability damage returns at the rate of 1 point per night of rest (8 hours) for each affected ability score. Complete bed rest restores 2 points per day (24 hours) for each affected ability score.

If Felgar is resting for a full day, he should be getting back 2 pts in each affected ability, and with Neva's help, he really has nothing to worry about, getting back 4 in each ability. Pravlox is able to shake off all of the damage taken thus far even without help.

Fort saves to shake it off in following days
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Quiet, boring week for Pravlox, it would seem, not that he is all that bothered by that fact.


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

The down time seems filled with illness and ministrations from Neva, but Felgar and Pravlox are not the last of it. On the third day, Rutter also falls prey to infection. Rutter's infection also surround the scars of his injuries from the golem. Pravlox is the exception, as his emanates from where the otyugh had bit into him.

Rutter:
You take 1d3 ⇒ 2 Dex damage, and 1d3 ⇒ 2 Con damage.

Over the next couple days it seems to plague the three of them off an on.

Timeline:
Day 1: Felgar started
Day 2: Pravlox started, Felgar Saved
Day 3: Rutter started, Pravlox saved, Felgar failed 1d3 ⇒ 3 Dex, 1d3 ⇒ 1 Con
Day 4: Rutter ?, Felgar saved, Pravlox failed 1d3 ⇒ 3 Dex, 1d3 ⇒ 2 Con
Day 5: Pravlox will fail without aid, but will save on days 6 and 7, and be over it.
It takes two saves in a row, at DC 12

To make it easy, if Neva helps she can roll a Heal check for each day, just once will be fine. No need for a seperate roll for each one each day.
Felgar needs the saves for days 5, 6, and 7
Rutter needs the saves for days 4, 5, 6, and 7
Don't forget to apply any Con penalty to the saves.


Male Dwarf Two-Handed Fighter/5; AC: 20, T: 13, FF: 17; HP: 50/50; F: +5, R: +3, W: +1; Init: +2, Perc: +4

Felgar - Days 5, 6 and 7 saves with Con deduction.

Day 5: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Day 6: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Day 7: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Can you show us what we healed if any - I am really confused on the totals. Can we not just get a restoration spell to heal us?


Female; HP: 32/32 Human Cleric 5 of Pharasma (AC: 14 [T: 12 FF: 12] | HP: 11/25 | F+4, R+3, W+9 | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

Heal Check Rolls:

heal check TREAT DISEASE day 4: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
heal check TREAT DISEASE day 5: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
heal check TREAT DISEASE day 6: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
heal check TREAT DISEASE day 7: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

Ok, looks like I made the check each day. Thus, everyone gets +4 to their fort saves, which (for instance) should give Felgar two consecutive saves on days 6 and 7. I think the aid on day 4 cures Pravlox.

I'll also roll for Long Term Care for each day

heal check LONG TERM CARE day 4: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
heal check LONG TERM CARE day 5: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
heal check LONG TERM CARE day 6: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
heal check LONG TERM CARE day 7: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

Doh. Missed days 6 and 7, so folks will only heal 2pts of ability damage those days. So, assuming Felgar takes some ability damage on day 5, he'll have 2 points of healing on each of days 6 and 7. And Pravlox should have everything back by day 7.


Female; HP: 32/32 Human Cleric 5 of Pharasma (AC: 14 [T: 12 FF: 12] | HP: 11/25 | F+4, R+3, W+9 | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

Neva spent most of her time caring for her companions, moving to and from Zellara's to the other residences as needed. When she could, she plopped her tired bones into a chair at Zellara's for some rest and to contemplate.

As usual, she found her thoughts moving towards introspection and prayer, and she would eventually convert these prayers to written form, invoking Pharasma's blessing on each. Her experiences under the Gray weighed heavily on her. Soon, she had a small sheaf of papers which she delicately bound in soft twine and placed in her prayer pouch.

Blowing out the latest candle, she made ready for bed, hoping the sickness of the foul crypts was finally healed.


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

On the 8th day

After a week of Neva's ministrations, everyone affected is drained from the disease's stay. Neva is weary of tending the three, as much as the other three are spent from their bodies trying to fight the infection. There seems to be a bit of a buzz going about of some event happening up in the waters near North bridge and the part just on the outskirts of the city known as Trail's End. Given the way word travels around the city, it's tough to tell what is fact and what is overexcited gossip. The story seems to range from a great sea monster ravaging the city side and the guard, to a ship going under. There's word of a great battle, to no one being around and a dinghy taking on water. It seems that since the city has died down, some people may just be looking for that little extra excitement back.


Male Halfling Rog4 / Ftr1 (AC: 20 [T: 16 FF: 16] | HP: 34/37 | F+5, R+9/+10 traps, W+2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9/+10 traps | healthy

Let me know if I do this right
Day 4 dex -2 con -2 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 4 = 21
Day 5 dex -2 con -2 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 4 = 26
So he heals after day 5, and then starts regaining ability points for day 6 and 7.

Rutter wakes with a cold sweat on day 4. The redness around his healing wounds encourages him to seek out Neva. She can't convince him to stay in bed, either at the temple or at Zellara's house, but his fever breaks after the second day of affliction. His body still feels stiff and sore, but he just takes it easy for the next couple days, staying off the Shingles and hiring only one lady at the brothel.

Rutter will heal only 1 point of dex and 1 point of con, then. Will make edits to char sheet later. Work's been constant lately. EDIT: made changes to char sheet.

Talk among ladies and other patrons in the brothel parlor room about the happenings up near the north bridge pique Rutter's curiosity. He seeks out Copper and Neva to see if they'd like to go check it out.

Of course he won't object if they suggest inviting Felgar and Pravlox, but Copper and Neva are the ones with whom he felt most camaraderie, due to their lengthier time together and Rutter's suspicious nature.


Male Halfling Summoner 4 (AC: 13 [T: 11 FF: 13] | CMD: 13 | HP: 20/20 | F+1, R+4, W+5(+2 vs fear) | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

Though weary in body, Pravlox is upbeat, having used the time to strengthen himself mentally, and overall just glad he was no longer on the streets, where that would have been much harder to shake off. Still, seven days is more than enough time to sleep, and he is eager to be up and about again. Talk of what is happening up on the north bridge catches his attention, and he suggests to Felgar it might be a fun little excursion after their week of rest.


Female; HP: 32/32 Human Cleric 5 of Pharasma (AC: 14 [T: 12 FF: 12] | HP: 11/25 | F+4, R+3, W+9 | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

Neva smiled at Rutter's curiosity, but felt the group should go together. Korvosa hadn't been the safest place of late, and if the rumors turned out to be something dangerous, well, they should all be together.

As they gathered to go, Neva checked on each of her former charges and Rutter, too.

"Pravlox, finish your food, you're thin as a rail. Rutter, button your shirt all the way up, it's damp outside. Felgar, you've got something in your beard...right there. You got it. Copper..." she looked him up and down, "...you look very nice."

Giving one more look around the room to make sure everything was in its place, Neva took a deep breath in through her nose and let it out with a sigh.

"I'm ready."


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

Copper blushes a bit at the compliment, making an effort to keep his left hand and forearm, now even more covered with a tatoo of runic fire, from view.


Male Halfling Summoner 4 (AC: 13 [T: 11 FF: 13] | CMD: 13 | HP: 20/20 | F+1, R+4, W+5(+2 vs fear) | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

Pravlox just kind of shrugs his shoulders at Neva's comment. "You're starting to sound as bad as Rex, although you at least aren't saying stuff like that when my dining is restricted to the garbage dump. So, anyone know any details about this supposed battle, or we going in blind?"


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

As the group gets to asking around the folk living in North Point district, and some of the guards on duty, they pick up a little information. For the most part they don't get much of anything substantial beyond the fact that an order was given to fire upon a light on the water. With a little more cajoling, there's probably a little more that could be learned, but you'd still have to separate the wheat from the chaff of the tales.

Gather Info DC 10:
The Korvosan Guard fired upon and destroyed a ship full of foolish pirates from Riddleport who had obviously hoped to sneak into the heart of the city under the cover of night.

Gather Info DC 15:
A sinister-looking ship refused inspection as it sailed into the river. When it neared North Bridge and still failed to make its intentions known, the watch fired upon and destroyed it.

Gather Info DC 20:
None of the guardsmen who signaled or shouted out to the ship received a response. Some say that no one was on board at all.


Female; HP: 32/32 Human Cleric 5 of Pharasma (AC: 14 [T: 12 FF: 12] | HP: 11/25 | F+4, R+3, W+9 | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

rolls and ooc:

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

Can I get an Aid from someone? That'll get me the last +2, right?


Male Halfling Summoner 4 (AC: 13 [T: 11 FF: 13] | CMD: 13 | HP: 20/20 | F+1, R+4, W+5(+2 vs fear) | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

Diplomacy (aid another) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14


Female; HP: 32/32 Human Cleric 5 of Pharasma (AC: 14 [T: 12 FF: 12] | HP: 11/25 | F+4, R+3, W+9 | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

"Apparently, a ship sailed into the river and refused both inspection and to make its intentions known. The watch fired on the ship and sank it. The odd part was that none of the guardsmen who signaled or shouted out to the ship received a response. It was like there was no on board at all."


Male Dwarf Two-Handed Fighter/5; AC: 20, T: 13, FF: 17; HP: 50/50; F: +5, R: +3, W: +1; Init: +2, Perc: +4

I be not much fer swimmin'. How do we investigate that boat without divin'?


Male Halfling Rog4 / Ftr1 (AC: 20 [T: 16 FF: 16] | HP: 34/37 | F+5, R+9/+10 traps, W+2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9/+10 traps | healthy
Neva Vallastoi wrote:
"Rutter, button your shirt all the way up, it's damp outside."

Rutter gives Neva a dirty look. "We ain't going to see the queen!" He leaves his shirt unbuttoned.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Rutter rejoins the group after they've split up a ways to ask around. "Yeah, that's what I got, too. Its sailors probably just weren't responding, though. I mean, why would you sink a ship if you thought no one was on it? At least board it first. See if it's got any loot..."

At Felgar's suggestion, Rutter replies, "Meh. I'm curious. But I doubt it's worth the trouble. Odds are against it being loaded with gold or anything else worthwhile."


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Rutter, with that roll (Nat 20 = +10), I'll give you a little extra.

Rutter:
You learn from the people of the streets, giving just the right questions, and shrewdly being able to tell who's talking out their asses, that the most common story is the least likely. It is the harder to dig up information that has a greater kernal of truth to it. The DC 10 is false, the 15 and 20 are true.

After only a few hours of asking around, you guys get the spin of what happened, and have most of the rest of the day to get anything you want done. Now that everyone has gotten over their illness, it's the first day you've all been well enough, or not too busy tending them, to really have free time together.


Male Halfling Summoner 4 (AC: 13 [T: 11 FF: 13] | CMD: 13 | HP: 20/20 | F+1, R+4, W+5(+2 vs fear) | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

Pravlox is uneasy about the news that no response came from the ship. "Your statements assume that there were sailors on board and/or nothing else. With all the troubles the city has had lately. I would say that both are dangerous assumptions. As for investigation, I would say the best place to start would be to find out the name of the ship and search for any records, owners, sailors who may have sailed on it, or anything else related to it that you folks can think of. Clearly, the place to start is finding the name of the vessel. Perhaps we should split up into two groups. Rutter and I can handle the rougher groups, the raw sailors and their haunts, while the rest of you handle the selling of the loot and the higher end folks and establishments."


Male Dwarf Two-Handed Fighter/5; AC: 20, T: 13, FF: 17; HP: 50/50; F: +5, R: +3, W: +1; Init: +2, Perc: +4

Maybe we oughta be stickin' together, Prav.


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

So, what are you guys doing? There have been suggestions tossed around, but no decisions.


Female; HP: 32/32 Human Cleric 5 of Pharasma (AC: 14 [T: 12 FF: 12] | HP: 11/25 | F+4, R+3, W+9 | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

"Let's go together to see what's actually happening at the site. That's where the latest information is likely to be. And we're certainly likely to get the name of the ship, which will be the first step in any research."


Male Dwarf Two-Handed Fighter/5; AC: 20, T: 13, FF: 17; HP: 50/50; F: +5, R: +3, W: +1; Init: +2, Perc: +4

Again, M'Lady, I be havin' yer back.


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

You make your way to the edge of town overlooking the Jeggare river. You are allowed to climb to the top of Eodred's wall, facing the opposite bank where the suburb Trail's End sits across the water. Looking toward the depths of the river itself, there is no sign of a ship anywhere to be found. This could range from various factors, the most obvious being the tan color of the muddy waters of the Jeggare. There is also the depth of the river itself to take into account, which could run anywhere from fifty to one-hundred ten feet deep based on the part of the river you're looking at. If there is a ship in those waters it is hidden from any casual viewing. Whatever happened the other night looks as if it will go the way of "out of sight out of mind".


Male Dwarf Two-Handed Fighter/5; AC: 20, T: 13, FF: 17; HP: 50/50; F: +5, R: +3, W: +1; Init: +2, Perc: +4

Well here we be, an' like I said, divin' appears t'be the only way t'get a better look.


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

"Before we jump in ourselves...Pravlox, do you hold favor with any kind of creature that might be able to swim down to take a look for us?"

Knowledge Local to see if I know anything about the rotation of dock workers through the night and if anyone (not a particular person necessarily, just anyone) might have been out here last night, in case they might have seen anything.
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Copper is able to get the names of those on duty during the events, and in seeking them out to gather a first hand account, you learn that one of them is a guard you had previously spoken to about the events of last night.

Sorry to waste your 19, but I'll let you get the results of the Gather Info spoilers above.


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

No problem.


Female; HP: 32/32 Human Cleric 5 of Pharasma (AC: 14 [T: 12 FF: 12] | HP: 11/25 | F+4, R+3, W+9 | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

Neva eyed the water nervously. "'Jump in ourselves?'"


Male Halfling Summoner 4 (AC: 13 [T: 11 FF: 13] | CMD: 13 | HP: 20/20 | F+1, R+4, W+5(+2 vs fear) | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

"I don't see the point honestly of worrying about the ship itself at this point. Maybe if we can find out some more details, and it proves a worthy project, I can send an elemental or something similar down there, but it just doesn't seem to be the most profitable line of inquiry at this time."


Female; HP: 32/32 Human Cleric 5 of Pharasma (AC: 14 [T: 12 FF: 12] | HP: 11/25 | F+4, R+3, W+9 | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

"Well, I'm certainly in favor of postponing a swim" Neva said hopefully. Turning to Pravlox she asked, "Where do you suggest we go next? We don't know the name of the ship, yet we've spoken to the guard, people on the street, sailors and what not. Who else might have some information?"


Male Halfling Rog4 / Ftr1 (AC: 20 [T: 16 FF: 16] | HP: 34/37 | F+5, R+9/+10 traps, W+2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9/+10 traps | healthy

"Yeah, it's an odd story. I don't know how a ship would sail in without sailors... but I don't really care. A job for the Pathfinders, maybe!" Rutter chuckles. He's heard of the Pathfinders, but he always took the stories as fiction and the group as mythical.


Male Halfling Summoner 4 (AC: 13 [T: 11 FF: 13] | CMD: 13 | HP: 20/20 | F+1, R+4, W+5(+2 vs fear) | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

"I suppose I can send an elemental down to the name of the ship if no one else took note of it and do a quick search to confirm or deny the presence of a crew. Without that, we are going to have some difficulty doing any kind of investigation. Still, I would rather keep my abilities quiet when in public as much as possible, given the current climate, and people's general reaction to Rex." Pravlox moves off to a quieter section of the shore near the ship before summoning a water elemental to go down and find out the name, and check to see if there is a crew, and if so, in what condition they are in.

He has a 4 minute window, which should be ample time for a quick recon.


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Pravlox:
The elemental goes into the water, making its way toward the vicinity of where the ship is thought to be. Before long it returns with its report. The ship is named Direption, there was no signs of crew, and a shark is active in the vicinity.

I'm sorry if there is the sense that there is more to do with this, it's tough in PbP when you're not sure what is expected at any point. There are aspects of this adventure that help to set the scene, things that had been glossed over or missed in the previous thread before I took over (like Blackjack, and unrest story events), that are worth mention. In text it stands out more than it would at the table, because at the table you can just add a side note and move on, but in text it seems more important to have been worth posting. It is introduced more as an interesting event in the city, that helps build upon the story. I hope it wasn't frustrating anyone.


Male Halfling Summoner 4 (AC: 13 [T: 11 FF: 13] | CMD: 13 | HP: 20/20 | F+1, R+4, W+5(+2 vs fear) | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

After receiving his summon's report, Pravlox thanks it, and releases it back to where it came from. After all, he knew well enough the scourge of serving a thankless master, and being rude was simply unnecessary. "Hmm, not a good time for a swim anyway. Seems a shark is about. But no crew, as the stories suggest; an odd case to be sure. Still, there was a name. Direption. Even if nothing comes of exploring the ship, perhaps we can use it as an excuse to schmooze with the guards and catch any gossip on any updates on post would-be-execution reactions from the powers-that-be."


Male Human Arcane-Blooded Sorcerer 4 (AC: 12 [T: 12 FF: 10](+4MA, +4 Sh) | HP: 32/32 | F+2, R+4, W+5 | Init +2 |Perc +1)

"I wonder if the ship has ever made port here before, or if anyone would know the ship by name or reputation."


Female; HP: 32/32 Human Cleric 5 of Pharasma (AC: 14 [T: 12 FF: 12] | HP: 11/25 | F+4, R+3, W+9 | Init: +2 |Perc: +3)

"Hmm, ok. Let's find out more about the failed execution, then."

A small, almost giddy smile spread on Neva's face

"That Blackjack fellow was very dashing, wasn't he?" she asked no one in particular. "To swoop in like that and save a woman facing death? So gallant!"

1 to 50 of 1,263 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Aardvark's "What a Royal Pain" CotCT Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.