Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Aardvark's "To What Depths Would You Go For Freedom?" S&S Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master Troy Malovich

Four unlucky souls find themselves press-ganged into the crew of the Wormwood.


401 to 450 of 1,128 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 6 | BAB +2 CMB +5 CMD +17

Is that all of them, Kelly? If so, we should make our way back to the Wormwood Holgur says the name of the ship as if he had a bad taste in his mouth and pauses for a moment. Is everyone fit to swim back?

Wait a minute. There might be swag down there from folk who got killed by the reefclaws. If you can all spare a minute I can take a look before we return.


Human Rogue (Acrobat) 2 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 13] | HP: 7/11, 6NL | F+0, R+7, W-1 | Init: +4 |Perc: +4)

We're using the peg legs & eye patches rules yes? If so i think i'm up for a fort save - 1d20 ⇒ 19

well thank ^*%$ for that!


AC: 14 [T: 11 FF: 13] | HP: 18/24 | F16, R12, W16 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 Male Human (Vudrani) Inquisitor 2

Balsooma grins broadly at Holgur's statement. "Spoken like a true pirate," he laughs, and swims over to grab one of the buckets to tow back to the ship.

"Sandara," he says, turning to the pirate. "I owe you my life, it seems. For a moment there I thought the sea would claim me. I owe you one. A big one, at that." He places a hand to his chest, palm spread across the tattoo there. "I swear by Besmara's salty bones that I'll repay you one day."


Human Rogue (Acrobat) 2 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 13] | HP: 7/11, 6NL | F+0, R+7, W-1 | Init: +4 |Perc: +4)

With a jerk Ciera's eyes open and she gasps as the healing energies flow into her body. Choking and spluttering she gives a great heave and vomits the water from her stomach. With a groan she sinks back against Kelly until, finally she settles herself.

"Thank you," she says "I felt the bugger grab me but, I can't remember anything after that. Are they dead?"

Probably wont be able to log for a few days. Maybe once more tomorrow morning then no more 'till Friday afternoon. Feel free to Bot Ciera.


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 6 | BAB +2 CMB +5 CMD +17

Since everyone seems to be all right, all things considered, Holgur takes a deep breath and dives down as far as he can. He swims about in the area that he thinks the reeflcaws came from and checks for anything of value. If he sees anything small he will scoop it up and return to the surface. If it looks too large he will mentally note the position and return with help.

Take 10 on swim check for 17
Perception
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Since nothing seemed to present itself he breaks the surface and says to his friends One more dive!

Take 10 on swim check for 17
Perception
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


Male Human Alchemist(Chirurgeon)-2 (AC: 15 (+4 vs AoO) [T: 13 FF: 12] | HP: 8/16 | F15, R16, W13 | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

Kelly thinks back to his last few dives, did he see anything down there? He will do his best to guide Holgur to any areas that seemed promising.

If those last 3 Perception checks can be used to help I will use those. If not, here's a quick aid another check.
Perception Aid another: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


Maps: SStar Sunday, 23 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

After only a brief investigation of the deeper crevasses of the reef, it is pretty easy to see that there is nothing to be found. With the reef's location out in the deep and just under the surface, it's safe to assume there isn't much traffic for them to have accrued anything from.

After a slower swim back to the ship than the one away from it, due to injured crew and full pots, you all manage to make it up the rope ladder thrown over the side. A fair amount of the crew, even the ones that obviously don't like you, are happy to see the pots stuffed with crab and other edibles. The air about the ship is a lot lighter around late meal time. Ambrose, with Balsooma's help, boils up all the crab and concocts an amazing seasoned lemon juice to top it.

With spirits high, Captain Harrigan makes an announcement from the poop deck halfway through the meal, "Well, this is an impressive meal, and the reefclaw was a nice addition. Grok, after the meal, give the crew that caught this bounty back all their own stuff. I'm feeling generous." Grok nods in acknowledgement, responding with nothing more than an 'Aye'.

Resolve day 11's Rum rations and Evening actions. You guys are given back all your original weapons, but are reminded that you are expected to keep them in your lockers unless authorized to use them. Reminder, Holgur, you have a permanent +2 to influence from your Owlbear fight.

Ciera, the peg legs & eye patches rules don't come up until the normal massive damage rules of 50 hp or more damage in one hit. If you guys want we can make it off any crit that puts you into negative HP? Otherwise, it won't come up until around 5th - 7th level (when you guys even have around 50 hp)


AC: 14 [T: 11 FF: 13] | HP: 18/24 | F16, R12, W16 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 Male Human (Vudrani) Inquisitor 2

Balsooma - having finished helping Ambrose with the meal - collects his portion and rum ration, and heads to the rail to watch the setting sun. He idly tips the rum over the side - an all too practiced motion by now.

Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

As he does, he offers a silent prayer of thanks to Besmara, for keeping him alive this day. That done, he turns back to the ship, seeking out the surly-looking Crimson "Cog" Cogward. Finding him, he starts to boast about the events of the day, describing in gruesome detail the hard-fought battle with the Reefclaws. Remembering the man's apparent love of violence, Balsooma weighs heavily on the gore, almost playing out the battle blow for bloody blow, and showing off any lingering remnants of injury that Sandara's channeling had failed to scour away.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

After spending a little bit more time chatting with the man, he'll then head for his hammock to get some more much-needed rest.

Since I've already gotten my gear back, I figured I'd be storing it in my locker unless otherwise stated. However, I do have a dagger that I'd keep on me - hence I used it in the Reefclaw fight. Do I need to sleight-of-hand that, or is a small dagger fine for a sailor to carry around?


Male Human Alchemist(Chirurgeon)-2 (AC: 15 (+4 vs AoO) [T: 13 FF: 12] | HP: 8/16 | F15, R16, W13 | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

Their return is to the ship is much warmer than Kelly would ever have expected. The reception actually brings a small smile to Kelly's face as he is reminded of times on ships past, when life wasn't quite so...regimented. After getting his food and drink, Kelly takes to socializing and storytelling. As part of the gustro of his story, he downs his rum in one quick motion.

Drinking deeply
Addiction Attack: 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (5) - 5 = 0
Con Dmg: 1d3 ⇒ 2

Kelly spends the remainder of the night smiling and chatting plesantly, spend as much time as possible in Sandara's company, his proximity in inverse proportion to his level of intoxication.

At the conclusion of the night, Kelly will make sure his gear is stowed and secured before turning in.

Like Balsooma, if it doesn't seem to be frowned upon to greatly, Kelly will keep his 'dagger' with him. Not hidden, but not exactly worn in an obvious place either. If carrying even a knife is overly frowed upon, then he will keep it locked up with the rest of his gear. He also normally wears both his healers kit, and his alchemists, 'pouch'.


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 6 | BAB +2 CMB +5 CMD +17

The captain's generosity surprises Holgur. Nothing he had heard about the man would have lead him to expect something like that and it leaves him more suspicious than anything else. But for now he is glad to have all of his gear back and for the chance to dine on some reefclaw. The fact that it tried to dine on him only hours before makes it all the sweeter.

As he eats he regales anyone who listen with a theatrical version of the fight with tonight's dinner. He plays up any act of heroism that he performed or witnessed by the others and the rest he makes up whole-cloth. Strangely, this is enjoyable to him and even more so with the rum added to the meal and he drinks more than he is accustomed to normally.

Drink Deeply and Influence the crew, especially any riggers nearby.

Diplomacy
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Con save
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

It seems that the reefclaw poison is still in Holgur's system and that it does not mix well with alcohol. Rather than stay up into the small hours Holgur heads to sleep.

Why does the dice roller hate me so?


Human Rogue (Acrobat) 2 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 13] | HP: 7/11, 6NL | F+0, R+7, W-1 | Init: +4 |Perc: +4)

Sorry for the delay guys - back now.

Nursing her bruised and sore arm, Ciera smiles at the warm reception that they all receive from the crew, grateful for even getting back to the ship in one piece.

As the food arrives she finds herself voraciously hungry and wolfs down the meal in moments. Glancing up from her empty plate, she's surprised to find herself perched next to Slippery Syl Lonegan. Thinking to make the best of the short thawing of relations she leans over. "Good food eh? That story he's tellin mostly aint true y'know. Ceptin that bit where I ripped the buggers arm off n' used it as a dagger anyhow."

Evening action: Influence NPC (act nice).. 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Rum action: Drink normally

If daggers are acceptable Ciera carries one one or two on her belt (however many are ok) and two concealed beneath her sleeves in quick-release holsters


Maps: SStar Sunday, 23 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Balsooma manages to push enough of the story to Cog's liking, and in the end he gets minor, yet still positive feedback from the man. "Eh, maybe you guys ain't half bad. Sounds like you could really keep up in a brawl." his normally surly sneer your way, seems to almost vanish.

Random Rigger near Holgur (you should designate a specific crew member to influence) 1d6 ⇒ 4=Maheem

Holgur finds himself discussing the events of the day with Maheem, the big Rahadoumi he met early on in the voyage. The man's scowl only deepens as Holgur talks, before he spits at his feet, walks away with grumbling. There was no indication of what went sour, just that the big man seemed irritated by him.

Actually, Holgur, that roll is good. Remember, saves are your defense. Addiction is a d20-5 attack against your Fort. So, your roll would be -2.

Kelly whiles away his time trying to be near Sandara, but she keeps moving from group to group, and only stops until he starts getting too close. One time she even suggests, "Why don't you go see if you can warm up to any of the other crew. You guys are starting to get noticed, and that can be either a good thing or bad thing."

During all the festivities, Cieran decides to try and buddy up to a poor choice. Syl, her wide eyes still framed by a light bruising from Cieran's blow to her nose, stares at the slight man in a cross between shock and confusion. Her expression turns to a psychotic glare, who knows where it would have led if Aretta hadn't walked over to lead Syl away, whispering as she goes "Not here. We'll get our chance, I'm certain of it."

There is stuff in the discussion thread. As for daggers, most folk on board are carrying at least one, but you have never really seen them drawn except for utility use.


Maps: SStar Sunday, 23 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

The next couple days end up being nothing special. Wake, eat, work, Bloody Hour, eat, rum, and finally time to 'relax' with song and games.

I'm going to expedite the work process, and from here until the daily work stops we will use the new method. No taking 10 allowed on them.

Holgur (rigger):
Make either a Profession (Sailor) -OR- a Dex check, DC 10. If you fail by 5 or more, you take 12 NL and miss rum/evening actions.

Kelly, Ciera (swabs):
Make either a Str -OR- a Con check, DC 10. If you fail, you are fatigued. If you fail by 5 or more, you take 12 NL and miss rum/evening actions.

Balsooma (cook):
Make either a Profession (cook) -OR- a Survival check, DC 10. If you fail by 5 or more, you take 12 NL and miss rum/evening actions.

Take 2 days worth of actions to include Work/Daytime actions, Rum rations, Evening actions.


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 6 | BAB +2 CMB +5 CMD +17

The pain of the stripes and the efforts against the reefclaws fade into memory Holgur settles into the monotony of the daily routine.

Profession (Sailor)
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Whenever he sees Plugg or Scourge walking about the deck he wishes for something big and fatal to drop on their heads. It would need to be something that could hit both of them at once or a bucket full of smaller items that would make for a rain of death. Once his reverie passes he tries to note any pattern that either of the two keep.

Perception
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


AC: 14 [T: 11 FF: 13] | HP: 18/24 | F16, R12, W16 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 Male Human (Vudrani) Inquisitor 2

Survival: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Survival: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Balsooma tries to settle back into the routine for the next couple of days, but it all goes awry. On the first day, he gets distracted swapping stories with Grok, and manages to turn that night's meal into a flaming, charred muck, which proves about as palatable as the timbers of the Wurmwood itself.

Thoroughly lashed, he makes up for it the next day by solely concentrating on the meal at hand. However, when it comes to that evening, he is caught tipping his rum over the side, his explanation for which is: "it tastes worse than my cooking."


Human Rogue (Acrobat) 2 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 13] | HP: 7/11, 6NL | F+0, R+7, W-1 | Init: +4 |Perc: +4)

Day 1 Str: (working diligently)1d20 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 1 + 4 = 16
Day 2 Str: (working diligently)1d20 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 4 = 8

Rum Actions: Drinking normally both days.

Evening actions:
Day 1: (Entertain crew) - Perform, dance: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Day 2: (influence NPC- Jack Scrimshaw) - Bluff:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Tired after the incident with the Reefclaws, Ciera slowly settles back into her normal routine, working hard to avoid the lash, and joining the crew at meal times. On the first night she loosens her muscles by launching into a slow and controlled performance, whilst on the second (following a tiring day of work), she finds herself once again, near Jack Scrimshaw. Swallowing her rum ration she glances up and, flashing a small smile, begins to chat about the ship.


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 6 | BAB +2 CMB +5 CMD +17

Bueller....Bueller....


Male Human Alchemist(Chirurgeon)-2 (AC: 15 (+4 vs AoO) [T: 13 FF: 12] | HP: 8/16 | F15, R16, W13 | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

Day 1:

The next day Kelly wakes, back to the routine. The normal day to day work seems dull compared to the events of the previous day. He takes advantage of the temporary fame earned the day before to become familiar with more of the crew. He speaks with Tilly Bracket to find out her story.

Con Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Influence NPC:Tilly: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

The dullness of the routine gets the better of him, Kelly finds himself spinning too long a yarn and gets very far on his work. He burns himself out to try and catch up, but to no avail. Come bloody hour he finds himself the subject of attention.

Day 2:

Beaten and exhausted from the day before, Kelly starts anew the following day. This day when he comes across Badger, the Half-elf, he begins to berate the cruelty of the officers and tries to gauge her reactions.

Con Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Influence NPC: Badger: 1d20 ⇒ 17

That night, Kelly feels the need to drink deeply from his cup.
Con damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2
Addiction Attack: 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (18) - 5 = 13 wow close one!

He finds himself near Crimson "Cog" Cogward that evening. He tries his had at bringing him into their "circle" of friends.

Influence NPC:"Cog": 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Kelly's language isn't very persuasive, and Cog seems non-committal.


Maps: SStar Sunday, 23 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Holgur:
From you I still need
Day 1 - Daytime action, Rum Ration, Evening action
Day 2 - Work check, Daytime action, Rum Ration, Evening action
Reminder: If you Influence you have to pick a single person, and a member of the crew can only be influenced once/day.

Rolling for Balsooma's missed actions as he is at an event until the 2nd.
Day 1: Shirk, gets a good look at the Quartermaster's store while jaw-jacking with Grok (based on his description of action)
Day 2: Daytime, Influence Rosie (Intimidate) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10, Evening action, Influence "Narwhal" (Intimidate) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 Wow! That becomes a 35.

The first day back in the regular routine has mixed results for the group. Cieran and Holgur handle their jobs admirably, Cieran following up the evening with a dance routine that barely even gets a second glance from anyone. Balsooma and Kelly, however, manage to just barely function, and see a beating for their efforts. Balsooma spent most of his time shooting the bull with Grok, and got nothing but stripes and a good look at her stores for it. Kelly was so busy exercising his jaw, and not his arms, that he at least made a good pal out of Tilly Bracket, a tough joker who likes her rum, before he received his lashes.

Balsooma:
As you speak to Grok she busies herself for a little bit in the stores. Within are two tuns of rum, two wooden lockers, two wooden chests, one wooden trunk and one metal trunk. Pushing it a little further out of curiostiy, you say a quick prayer to notice magical auras, and discover that one wooden locker and both wooden chests have at least something inside.

The next day the two that got whipped locked it up and managed to get all their work done. Since, they did so well the two of them focused on using their growing noteriety aboard ship to test the waters of more of the crew's reactions to them. Balsooma started by giving Rosie a hard time about their arm-wrestling, and swearing to her that anytime she wants a rematch, she might as well just hand over her money and walk away to avoid embarrassment. Kelly tries to get to know "Badger", an older woman with grey hair shaved into stripes, but knowing the poor work he did the day before she kept ignoring him so he would keep focused on task.

That night Cieran finally managed to get to a spot where Jack didn't avoid him, and after he got the young man to open up about the ship, they found they got along pretty well as youth aboard the vessel. Kelly, after seeing the effect Balsooma had on getting "Cog"'s attention, decides to try and engage the man further. However, he's just not having it, and berates Kelly for being so weak and scrawny. Balsooma works on, once again, preaching the word of Besmara to one of the sailors that has gone mostly unnoticed by the group up until now. He ends up directing his sermon in the direction of Tam "Narwhal" Tate, a large-nosed ugly dwarf, the gruff man agrees begrudgingly knowing the type of power the goddess holds over his kind of life.


Maps: SStar Sunday, 23 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Holgur, watching both Plugg and Scourge from up in the rigging, doesn't see much of a pattern between the two men. As Bosun and First-Mate, they tend to be barking orders at different people, at different times, with no rough schedule as they deal with whatever chaos the sea introduces at any given moment. He does notice, however, that most of the folk that don't seem to care for your group seem to be a little more pally with the two bastards. Fipps, Aretta, Syl, and Jape being the obvious ones, but here and there Shivikah, Maheem, Tam and Conchobar may engage them on more amicable terms than the rest of you receive.

Holgur, just need your two day's actions and we can move continue. Unless there is something specific you wanted to try to do in the two days.


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 6 | BAB +2 CMB +5 CMD +17

Sorry for the delay. Day 2

Holgur works diligently in order to indulge himself in thoughts of getting off the Wormwood. The fact that Plugg and Scourge do not have a predictable pattern disappoints him. He loses himself in his work and barely notices when the day's work is completed.

Profession (Sailor)
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

After dinner Holgur drinks his rum slowly but finishes it. Initially he was going to dump it but Balsooma's mishap in the kitchen makes leaves him wanted numbed taste buds. Argh, gotta talk to the big fellow about this. Maybe we can scrum up another fishing trip.

When Holgur sees the halfling Ratline he strikes up a conversation with him about how far he thinks the ship will make it in the next few days. "Some of the other riggers do piss-poor work and we are losing sail for it. Every time we drift at a knot or so, it's cause of them" he says between sips.

Diplomacy
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Well, we know who will never be the 'face' of the party, don't we?

Nighttime Action:

Holgur decides to sneak about to see what he can find out what the other crew are discussing on the forecastle. If anyone is doing anything sneaky he would like to know.

Stealth
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

The rum has Holgur a bit off balance and he finds it hard to synchronize his steps with the pitch of the ship. During one misstep he is forced to steady himself against a rail and his foot falls heavily upon the deck. Naturally, this happens in a moment of otherwise dead silence.

Don't mind me, anybody. I'm just looking for my contact lens, must be around here somewhere.


Maps: SStar Sunday, 23 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Holgur attempts to chat up Ratline, but the rat-faced halfling just stares at him and nods. He doesn't respond, and his blank stare is a little unnerving, but it doesn't look like he is ready to talk to any of you yet. He seems slightly... mousy.

Deciding to push the limits of the evening, Holgur tries creeping around the ship at night. He doesn't get too far before he missteps and sets his heart to racing about being caught. He doesn't get much further around the ship before he decides to play it safe and call it a night instead.

Holgur, for your dead of night action, you need to make a DC 10 Con check or be fatigued the next day from staying up too late.

DAY 14

As a new day dawns, all appears to be going as normal. That is, until work calls, when each of you are picked out for training. Joining you at the training is the other four newest members Sandara, Rosie, Crimson "Cog", and Conchobar. Everyone else is told to hop to their assigned tasks, and that they better work hard since they would be down eight crew for the day. Those of you pulled out are directed to go see Riaris Krine, the Wormwood's master gunner.

You've seen her about the ship before, but only in the company of the Captain, hollering at Grok about some supplies, or her gunner's mate Kipper. Her skin is darkened from countless days on deck under the sun, and her nose looks like it's been broken on many more than one occasion. Most notably is the heavy thunk as she walks, from her wooden peg leg. She thunks up and down the row of you, looking you up and down, and as soon as she speaks she makes Rosie Cusswell sound like a nun.

"Listen the f!@& up you piece of s$&! f&+!ing pukes! I f&&*ing don't give two g$$ d+$n s$+~s what you think you know! I was doing it before you f*~#ing clawed your dumb asses out of your mother's filthy c*+@s! What we're f##@ing doing today, is getting you f+!~ing retards to scrabble your limp dicks up the side of a barnacle f@%+ed ship, so I can see which dumb s@#!s can board a mother f!&@ing ship! We're f!!+ing pirates for Besmara's sake, and if you f&~*ing t&*+s can't get your heads out of your fat asses long enough to cross a f&+#ing line, then you aint worth a s$+& to us! You g@! d$$ned cock f&@$s get that?"

She proceeds to split you all into two groups, one group are boarders, the other are repellers. Once she splits you up, she takes the first four out into the jolly boat on the starboard side, after having explained to those left on deck what they are to do.

Team assignments:
Holgur 1d2 ⇒ 1
Kelly 1d2 ⇒ 1
Ciera 1d2 ⇒ 2
Balsooma 1d2 ⇒ 2
Sandara 1d2 ⇒ 1
Rosie 1d2 ⇒ 1

Team one, taken out first, consists of Holgur, Kelly, Sandara, and Rosie. The other four, Balsooma, Ciera, Cog, and Conchobar, are left on deck to defend. The boat is rowed forty feet away and the instructions are given.

Boarding School:
The 4 in the boat have to grapple the ship, and climb up onto it. The 4 on board have to throw stuff at them to knock them loose.

Grappling:
ranged attack
thrown weapon
range increment of 10' (so a -6 penalty to the roll).
The ship's rail is AC 5.
It is a move action to tie it off.
DC 15 climb checks to climb it.
Failing the check, you fall in and have to try again.

Repelling:
You are throwing rotting food, garbage, and buckets of bilgewater at them.
They are improvised weapons (-4 to hit) and do no damage.
If you hit them make a secondary attack against their Reflex with an additional -1 to the roll.
If the second attack hits, they fall in the water.
They are climbing, so they also lose their Dex bonus to AC.
You can only throw at someone climbing, while they are grappling or swimming, it is not allowed.

Rosie and Sandara will take their 1st round later, formatting is having issues with all the swearing text. No repellers can attack until the bottom of the first round. 1st team goes, 2nd team. Next round 1st team, 2nd team. Etc


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 6 | BAB +2 CMB +5 CMD +17

Con Check
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Fatigued

Holgur responds slowly to any stimulus since getting out of his hammock. As Krine rails at him he wishes that he were truly boarding an enemy ship. Then, at least, he might receive the sweet release of death and not have the echoes of her peg leg sounding in his head.

He drags his ass, head and shoulders slumped, and is the last one into the boat. Despite his condition he takes the oars and rows steadily, if slowly out to position and then takes a grappling hook in hand. He weighs the hook and examines the rope that attaches to it then begins to spin it for momentum then lets it fly in a straight line toward the ship's rail. Fervently he hopes that Krine will not have noticed that his eyes were closed when he threw it.

Attack
1d20 - 5 ⇒ (16) - 5 = 11

Holgur barely waits for the hook to find purchase before he drops into a seated position and grabs the rope at his feet. He had already tied a loose knot in the rope and now he simply loops it through a hook on the side of the jolly boat. Once that is done he pulls and calls for the others to lend their limbs as well.

If they get to the side of the Wormwood[ooc]:

Climb
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

The first few moments go easily but then Holgur tries to pause against the side of the ship and his foot slips out from under him. His grip on the rope fails him and he plunges into the water.

[ooc]There is no doubt that the die roller hates Holgur.


Maps: SStar Sunday, 23 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Looking at action economy, Group 2 will not get to go until 2nd round. 1st round group one, can throw as standard, tie as move. They can't climb until round 2.

Both Rosie and Sandara take up their grapples, and sling them at the side of the ship. They both just manage to get it to hook the side and hold on. They then tie it off and prepare to climb.

Rosie's throw, 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6, move action, tie-off
Sandara's Throw, 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (12) - 3 = 9, move action, tie-off

Round 2:

Rosie hops onto the rope, and scurries like a squirrel up the rope at an amazing rate. Sandara, however, can't seem to get a get angle, and can't seem to get any further up the rope.

Rosie's climb, 1st move action (accelerated) 1d20 + 9 - 5 ⇒ (20) + 9 - 5 = 24, 2nd move action (accelerated) 1d20 + 9 - 5 ⇒ (17) + 9 - 5 = 21.
Sandara's climb, 1st move action 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10, 2nd move action 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9.
Don't forget, no success on a first check, means you don't progress. So there's nowhere to fall.

Defenses:
Rosie) AC: 13 Ref: 14 Distance: 25' up
Sandara) AC: 10 Ref: 13 Distance: 0' up

For measuring your progress, don't round to 5' increments, just measure total distance. 1/4 of one 30' move action is 7.5'
After Holgur and Kelly make their Round 2 actions, team 2 can throw.


Male Human Alchemist(Chirurgeon)-2 (AC: 15 (+4 vs AoO) [T: 13 FF: 12] | HP: 8/16 | F15, R16, W13 | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

Kelly Grabs the hook and rope assigned him, and gives it a hard throw.

Throw1d20 + 2 - 6 ⇒ (6) + 2 - 6 = 2

The hook slams into the side of the ship bouncing off harmlessly, clearly annoyed with the task, Kelly pulls the rope back in, resetting to try again.


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 6 | BAB +2 CMB +5 CMD +17

Holgur mutters something dark to himself as he climbs back into the boat and attempts to redeem himself by climbing the rope of his hook.

Climb
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

He climbs mechanically without putting any thought into his effort. All the while expects to catch a face-full of rotten vegetables. It would not surprise him if Balsooma picked out especially fetid waste just for that purpose.


Male Human Alchemist(Chirurgeon)-2 (AC: 15 (+4 vs AoO) [T: 13 FF: 12] | HP: 8/16 | F15, R16, W13 | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

Okay...3rd attempt to post 2nd round action, forums not liking me today.

Kelly lets out a bit of slack on the rope this time, swinging the hook about a bit to get a feel for the weight of it. He pulls back and lets the hook fly.

Throw 1d20 + 2 - 6 ⇒ (11) + 2 - 6 = 7

The hook flies high this time, but on the pull back, the hook finds purchase on the rail. He then ties of the line (Move Action) and prepares to start his clamber to the ship.


Maps: SStar Sunday, 23 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

End of the top of round 1:
Holgur: 7.5' up
Kelly: Rope attached
Rosie: 25' up
Sandara: No progress

Conchobar takes delight in having the opportunity to hurl refuse at Holgur. "Ere eez some slop for yew to roll een Peeg." He calls as he hurls rotten food at the man, but is unable to hit him with any of it.

Attack on Holgur. 1d20 ⇒ 7

Crimson "Cog", instead goes against orders just to throw at the one he wants to target. Ignoring the instructions, he lobs refuse at Kelly, who just manages to duck aside in confusion at being a target.

Attack on Kelly 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (17) - 2 = 15

Balsooma and Ciera are up.


AC: 14 [T: 11 FF: 13] | HP: 18/24 | F16, R12, W16 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 Male Human (Vudrani) Inquisitor 2

Balsooma picks a mold-ridden apple - all slime and fur - and hurls it at the foul-mouthed halfling, wiping his hand on the rail afterwards.

Attack on Rosie: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (15) - 3 = 12


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 6 | BAB +2 CMB +5 CMD +17
Balsooma Hishal wrote:
all slime and fur

That is beautiful.


Human Rogue (Acrobat) 2 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 13] | HP: 7/11, 6NL | F+0, R+7, W-1 | Init: +4 |Perc: +4)

Ciera delicately picks up a half-rotted melon, its round form soft to the touch and almost oozing out its slimy contents. Following Balsooma's lead she carefully targets Rosie, making sure not to get too much of the foul-smelling fruit on herself.

I think i've got these modifiers right, if not let me know.
Target Rosie: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 - 4 = 17
Attack vs. Reflex Save: 1d20 + 4 - 5 ⇒ (16) + 4 - 5 = 15

The melon impacts against the halfling's head, exploding its rotten filth into her eyes and mouth. Disgusted by the foul slop Rosie loses her grip on the line, the small figure slips and then falls backward in a slow-motion drop into the sea below.

"Take that ye foul-talking bag o' fish guts." yells out Ciera, clearly enjoying himself. "Ye'll have t' do better n' that!"

Just to check (i must've missed it), how high is the total climb?(ie: how far away from the top was Rosie?)


Maps: SStar Sunday, 23 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

The climb is 40', and Rosie had made it 25'. You got the modifiers exactly right.

Balsooma launches his foul object at the small, tough halfling, and just misses her as she gently swings out of the way. However, she loses control of the swing, and Ciera is easily able to peg her. She tries to maintain her grip, but the rotten juice of the melon causes her to lose her grip and drop with a splash into the water below.

Rosie flounders in the water, trying to hurry back to the boat, but gets herself turned around. Once she goes under, she struggle to right herself and make it back to the surface. Sandara, however, continues to go absolutely nowhere up the rope, struggling to find purchase to climb up the incline, upside-down.

Round 3:
Rosie: move action, swim check (accelerated) 1d20 + 3 - 5 ⇒ (1) + 3 - 5 = -1, second move action, swim check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Sandara: move action Climb check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8, move action Climb check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Holgur and Kelly


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 6 | BAB +2 CMB +5 CMD +17

Do I make another climb check to advance or is Holgur close enough to the rail to try climbing over?


Maps: SStar Sunday, 23 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Holgur has made only one successful climb check, not accelerated. He has only moved 7.5 feet. The rail is 40' from the ship.


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 6 | BAB +2 CMB +5 CMD +17

Climb 1
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Lack of sleep is weighing Holgur down and he makes only slow progress up the rope. Thankfully, the missiles aimed at him are not arrows.

Climb 2
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Male Human Alchemist(Chirurgeon)-2 (AC: 15 (+4 vs AoO) [T: 13 FF: 12] | HP: 8/16 | F15, R16, W13 | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

With a heave and a sigh, Kelly starts his climb up the rope.

Climb 1d20 ⇒ 17

His initial pulls up the rope are good, nice a steady.

Climb 2 1d20 ⇒ 20 + 10 = 30

Having gotten the feeling for the rope, Kelly looks like he actually might know what he is doing.

On rope @15'


Maps: SStar Sunday, 23 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

End of the top of Round 2:
Holgur: 22.5' up
Kelly: 15' up
Rosie: in the water
Sandara: STILL No progress

Conchobar is excited to see Holgur still on the rope as a target, but not making so much progress. "Aree peeg, why are zo eager to geet to ze slop up here on deck? I will zend zome yuir way." he lobs more over the rail, but due to having to reach over it, his throw is as far off as his first one.

Attack on Holgur. 1d20 ⇒ 7

Crimson "Cog" still throws stuff at Kelly, this time at least it isn't against the rules. He is so eager that he overextends and ends up slipping on some of the spill from the refuse buckets. He catches the rail before he goes over the edge, but his fury is evident at this point. His face grows a bright red.

Attack on Kelly 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1

Ciera and Balsooma are up.


AC: 14 [T: 11 FF: 13] | HP: 18/24 | F16, R12, W16 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 Male Human (Vudrani) Inquisitor 2

Attack on Holgur:1d20 - 3 ⇒ (3) - 3 = 0

Balsooma's latest missile slips from his hand as he raises it to throw, splattering across the deck in a puddle of goop.


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 6 | BAB +2 CMB +5 CMD +17
Balsooma Hishal wrote:

Attack on Holgur:1d20-3

Et tu, Balsooma?


AC: 14 [T: 11 FF: 13] | HP: 18/24 | F16, R12, W16 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 Male Human (Vudrani) Inquisitor 2
Holgur wrote:
Balsooma Hishal wrote:

Attack on Holgur:1d20-3

Et tu, Balsooma?

I rolled a 3 on purpose.


Human Rogue (Acrobat) 2 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 13] | HP: 7/11, 6NL | F+0, R+7, W-1 | Init: +4 |Perc: +4)

Ciera picks up a rotten apple, its flesh soft and falling apart in her hands. Leaning over the rail she peers down to see who's nearest to the rail. Seeing Holgur, she yells out to attract his attention... Hey, Holgur. Do you like apples?
1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 - 4 = 4
1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 5 - 4 = 20


Maps: SStar Sunday, 23 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

With Holgur in the lead and taking most of the heat, although none of the shots hit, the others have a little more leeway to make some progress.

Rosie finally manages to get her head above water, and makes a steady pace back towards the rowboat, about halfway between it and where she fell in. Sandara is completely flustered and now swearing profusely at the rope, and her inability to make any progress. There are a few times her language even gets a nod of respect from the Master Gunner Krine.

Top of Round 4 (my count was off):
Rosie: move action, swim check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 second move action, swim check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Sandara: move action Climb check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 move action Climb check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Holgur and Kelly
Holgur has 17.5' to go
Kelly has 25' to go


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 6 | BAB +2 CMB +5 CMD +17
Ciera wrote:

Ciera picks up a rotten apple, its flesh soft and falling apart in her hands. Leaning over the rail she peers down to see who's nearest to the rail. Seeing Holgur, she yells out to attract his attention... Hey, Holgur. Do you like apples?

1d20+4-4
1d20+5-4

Hope you shag better than you throw, else you'll never get it in!

Climb
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Male Human Alchemist(Chirurgeon)-2 (AC: 15 (+4 vs AoO) [T: 13 FF: 12] | HP: 8/16 | F15, R16, W13 | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

Having not gotten knocked down yet, Kelly resumes trying to pull himself along the rope.

Climb 1 1d20 ⇒ 13

This portion of the rope seems to have a bit more friction, and Kelly doesn't seem to be able to pull himself along quite at easily. He grunts and puts some extra muscle into it.

Climb 2 1d20 ⇒ 15

He just manages to pull himself up the rope another few arm lengths.

Now at 22.5'


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 6 | BAB +2 CMB +5 CMD +17

I am not sure of Holgur's first climb check for this round. In any event, I will make his second check just in case.

Climb
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


Male Human Alchemist(Chirurgeon)-2 (AC: 15 (+4 vs AoO) [T: 13 FF: 12] | HP: 8/16 | F15, R16, W13 | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

Assuming I am interpreting this correctly:
<=10 = Fall Off
11-14= No Progress
<=15 = Success


Maps: SStar Sunday, 23 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Bottom of round 4:
Holgur: 22.5' up
Kelly: 22.5' up
Rosie: in the water
Sandara: STILL No progress

Holgur briefly pauses to talk trash back at Cieran, and struggles to regain his momentum, resulting in him merely swaying on the line.

After a slow measured progress, Kelly manages to make his way further up toward the rail, matching Holgur in distance. The two of them are neck in neck on their way.

Some things don't really change though, as Conchobar and Cog keep to their respective targets. The foppish gnome has become disinterested as the bigger man gets closer, losing a little of his gumption as his shots come nowhere close. Cog, though, still furious over his almost fall from last throw, picks up one of the bilge buckets and empties it at Kelly. Being hit by the foul waters was bad, but at least he kept his grip, despite how much he may want to take a dip at the moment.

Conchobar attack on Holgur 1d20 ⇒ 4
Cog attack on Kelly 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (18) - 2 = 16
Cog attack on Kelly's Reflex 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (11) - 3 = 8

Balsooma and Ciera are up


AC: 14 [T: 11 FF: 13] | HP: 18/24 | F16, R12, W16 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 Male Human (Vudrani) Inquisitor 2

Attack on doesn't even matter:1d20 - 3 ⇒ (1) - 3 = -2

Balsooma reaches into one of the slop buckets to haul out an even messier projectile. As he pulls his hand back to hurl it, the stench is enough to make him gag, causing his throw to hit the railing and splatter himself with rotten-smelling debris.

I'm so glad this isn't actual combat if I keep rolling like this.


Human Rogue (Acrobat) 2 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 13] | HP: 7/11, 6NL | F+0, R+7, W-1 | Init: +4 |Perc: +4)

Ciera picks up another handful of foul sloop and takes aim at Holgur. Just as she does so, however, his words ring out and Ciera turns a pale and then blushes a deep red. Recovering herself she once again launches a missile at the big man.

1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 - 4 = 12
1d20 + 4 - 5 ⇒ (5) + 4 - 5 = 4


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 6 | BAB +2 CMB +5 CMD +17

{b]PPPFFFFTTTTHHHHH![/b]Did I spell that right? Holgur loudly blows a raspberry at Ciera but then remembers that they are hurling slop from the buckets and he quickly pulls his tongue back it. He makes makes steady progress up the rope and redoubles his efforts.

Climb 1
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Climb 2
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

It looks like Holgur has reached the side of the Wormwood

401 to 450 of 1,128 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Aardvark's "To What Depths Would You Go For Freedom?" S&S Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.