Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Aardvark's "To What Depths Would You Go For Freedom?" S&S Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master Troy Malovich

Four unlucky souls find themselves press-ganged into the crew of the Wormwood.


151 to 200 of 1,128 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 6 | BAB +2 CMB +5 CMD +17

Climb:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Profession (Sailor)
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

If Holgur wants to woo one of the ladies onboard is that a Profession ("Hello Sailor!") check?


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

All the interactions (at least for this module) will be with Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate, all treated like the Diplomacy rules for changing attitudes.

After the beating Cieran received from the day prior, the others seem to be determined to work hard and avoid any negative attention. Holgur, however, is frustrated by the little gnome laughing away his threat, and it shows in his work. It's not so bad that he gets lashes, but the verbal berating and the rope bash when he makes it to deck is enough. All the while Conchobar mocks him.

Holgur, you take 1 NL

Everyone take Rum rations, Evening actions, and (if you're taking them) Dead of night actions.

Sandara approaches Kelly during dinner, and as they eat, she slips him a familiar notebook. "I was able to convince her to hand it over, but I think I've worn out my favors from or tricks on the woman. If there's anything else you're going to want from her, you just might have to talk to her yourselves."


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 6 | BAB +2 CMB +5 CMD +17

Holgur grumbles to himself as he sips his rum and paces the deck. If I had my flail I would welcome my chances against any two of these rodents. But I don't have a weapon and on my own I have no chance. I need to see if I can gather the other newbies and make an alliance with them.

When he sees an opportunity Holgur takes a chance to sneak about to the galley.

Sneak/Stealth
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Off to sleep after peeping


AC: 14 [T: 11 FF: 13] | HP: 18/24 | F16, R12, W16 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 Male Human (Vudrani) Inquisitor 2

Still feeling the ill effects of the previous night's rum ration, Balsooma moves to the starboard rail, to stare off into the night, and gradually tip his mug's contents over the side.

Stealth:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Not wanting to put too much pressure on Ambrose, he seeks out Cut-Throat Grok to talk to: "I hear you're the quartermaster, it seems. There are strange winds a-blowing these days, as if the gods' bellows is full of holes. A fine time to make friends, especially those with strange favours." He plays with his holy symbol of Besmara, which hangs on a cord about his neck.

Influence - Intimidate: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Sigh. After putting his foot in his mouth, Balsooma will head below decks to get some sleep.


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

The galley is mostly a disaster, with two wooden tables, several wooden cupboards, and two small stoves against the port wall. There is also virtually every cooking utensil imaginable, and a frightening array of meat cleavers. A score of chickens and three goats wander freely about the room. It is a madness of dirt, food, and knives. A huge array of spices mingle with barrels of rainwater, two tuns of rum, cupboards full of ship's biscuit and salted beef, barrels of saurkraut, and a small supply of fresh vegetables. Amidst the chaos, Holgur manages to find a vial marked with the leaf of Gozreh, and six bottles of a good Chelish brandy.

Ambrose, Grok, and Sandara are all befriended. I will put a note in the campaign tab. Also, those that are or you have made hostile.


Human Rogue (Acrobat) 2 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 13] | HP: 7/11, 6NL | F+0, R+7, W-1 | Init: +4 |Perc: +4)

As the shift comes to an end Ciera streaches his back gratefully, feeling the pull of the wound on his back. Beginning with simple exercises designed to loosen his muscles. As the forms become more complex a crowd of sailors crowd around and soon he is in the midst of a minor performance.

Entertain the Crew: Perform 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

When finished he takes his rum ration and gratefully takes a deep gulp (dink normally, no dead of night action.)


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 6 | BAB +2 CMB +5 CMD +17
Aardvark DM wrote:

The galley is mostly a disaster, with two wooden tables, several wooden cupboards, and two small stoves against the port wall. There is also virtually every cooking utensil imaginable, and a frightening array of meat cleavers. A score of chickens and three goats wander freely about the room. It is a madness of dirt, food, and knives. A huge array of spices mingle with barrels of rainwater, two tuns of rum, cupboards full of ship's biscuit and salted beef, barrels of saurkraut, and a small supply of fresh vegetables. Amidst the chaos, Holgur manages to find a vial marked with the leaf of Gozreh, and six bottles of a good Chelish brandy.

Holgur is tempted to swipe a cleaver but he realizes it would be hard to conceal. Instead he takes a knife that can be entirely concealed in a boot and the vial. Then he heads back to his hammock.


Male Human Alchemist(Chirurgeon)-2 (AC: 15 (+4 vs AoO) [T: 13 FF: 12] | HP: 8/16 | F15, R16, W13 | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

Feeling not at all well, immediatley at the end of duty, Kelly begins question his state. He knows the muck in the bilge is nausiating, but the fresh air should have cleared his head and returned his strength. He sets about attempting to diagnose himself.

What's wrong with me?:

Heal Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 Try to determine what is wrong.
Know. Nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 What COULD be wrong.

While feeling rotten, Kelly decides to go for a walk to clear his head, before he knows it, he's made his way to the officers quarters, looking about he doesn't see anyone in the immeidate vacinity, so he decides to take a peak.

Sneaking about:
Stealth Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

He slips in, quiet as a mouse, and takes a look about to see how the officers of this rotted ship live.

EDIT: Noticed I forgot to post my rum ration action:

This rotten feeling spoils his appetite, so he skips his evening meal, and decides he is in no mood for drink either.

Ditch the Rum:
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Kelly moves into the crowd, he moves around the group gathered around the young man providing enterainment for the crew, as he moves around the group, he slowly dispense a bit of rum into the other crew memebers cups as they start to empty, eventually dispensing the last of his rum.


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Sorry for the delay, I had a bit of forum-induced wife aggro, so I had to lay off them for a few days.

Holgur pockets a few little things picked out from the disarray and chaos of the galley as Balsooma addresses Grok. She seems a little confused by what he says, and just looks at him as if there is more for him to say. When he finishes she responds in a possibly unrelated way, "Ye look as if ye can 'andle yerself in a brawl. Do ye 'appen ta like ta play a little rough?" she asks with a wink.

Onlookers gather at first to see what the young man is doing with the twisting and bending, but they soon move on to other more involved entertainments. By the time Cieran actually finishes his stretches, the crowd that had come, is gone.

Trying to resolve what is going on with him, Kelly can tell the the sting he got on his shoulder is turning out to look like a nasty bug bite. Given the coloration and festering around the injury, and his recent malaise, it was probably something poisonous. As his musings come to a conclusion, the empty officer's quarters are too inviting to not investigate. The room is primarily dominated by the foremast, and the stairs going down. There are also strung up four hammocks, with just as many pallets rolled out on the floor. For as many sleeping places there are, there are just as many footlockers, each one locked. There are also two other doors that lead not down below, or onto deck, but into the spaces beneath the outside stairs that lead up to the fore deck. Each of these are locked, and signs of a trap are visible in the one on the left, with what looks like it could be a harpoon launched at the opener. After his rudimentary investigation, he is compelled to move on as Habbly Quarne, the ships's Carpenter and surgeon, enters the room with talk of calling it a night.

-------------------------
Day 4:
If there's still something you wanted to do on day 3, we can still resolve it. This goes for any day, if I move on, and you had more in mind, let me know.

GM's Rolls:
Holgur 1d6 ⇒ 5, 1d6 ⇒ 5
Kelly 1d6 ⇒ 2, 1d11 ⇒ 1
Ciera 1d6 ⇒ 1, 1d11 ⇒ 4
Balsooma 1d6 ⇒ 6, 1d100 ⇒ 96
Ciera re-roll 1d6 ⇒ 1
Ciera re-roll again 1d6 ⇒ 1
Ciera re-roll again (seriously, the dice roller wants her in the bilges)1d6 ⇒ 2

As the morning dawns, the crew rises, eats, and gets to work. Holgur is sent up to the highest point to act as lookout. He works alone up top, but periodically one of the upper riggers will happen by to check on the lookout. Holgur has the distinct pleasure of getting to see Syl poke her over-wide eyes, and the big purple bruise her nose has become, over the edge of the nest. She scowls at the sight of him, but doesn't bother saying anything until about mid-morning she delivers a message that Mr. Plugg wants to speak to him down on deck.

Lookout:
Spending the day in the crow's nest 60 feet up, watching for trouble.
Make a Climb check
Also, make a Perception check

Both Kelly and Ciera get assigned to catching vermin with Sandara, considering the job isn't as bad as some of the others, maybe she's pulling some strings to get it for the two of them. About halfway through the day the young man Jack, that Cieran had worked with a day or two ago, rushes through the area toward topside.

Rat Catcher:
This involves catching rats and other vermin belowdecks. The goal is to catch and kill enough rats, cockroaches and beetles for a good day's work.
Make either a Stealth -OR- Survival -OR- Dexterity check.

Kelly/Ciera Perception DC 10:
Jack's face was ashen as he ran by, as if something had given him a good scare.

Balsooma finds that Ambrose is still working at maintaining his more sober state, and as such is still in a surly mood. He is better though, at not taking it out on Balsooma. All the same, he decides to set him to handling the more foul of the work needed. "We've gots sumpin the Cap'n wants done special t'night. So Ah'm gonna need ya ta go git one nem pigs and slaughter it, so's we can have a reet good meal t'night."

Special Occasion:
The Captain has something going on, and he wants a special meal to go with it. You have to slaughter one of the livestock on board to prepare.
Make a Profession (Cook) -OR- Survival check


Human Rogue (Acrobat) 2 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 13] | HP: 7/11, 6NL | F+0, R+7, W-1 | Init: +4 |Perc: +4)

stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Ciera smiles at the thought of spending the day catching mice. He'd been given the kob aboard his last vessel and had enjoyed it more than most other tasks, not to mention the fact the he'd been good at it! Good enough, in fact that he shouldn't be noticed if he were to slip away for a moment. Cieran makes his way to the big man chained to the mast. Sitting back on his haunches he makes eye contact and smiles. "Hi!" he says "Mi'names Cieran. And you'd be trouble i'm thinkin' I've been aboard fer 3 days now an' i aint seen you about, 'ceptin that yer tied t' the mast an' all. Ow'd ye like some food eh? I get ye some next time I come down this way.

Cieran returns just in time to see Jack rush past but just shrugs as the lad passes, *his* gaze distracted by Jack's tight breeches.

Befriend the giant: Bluff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


Male Human Alchemist(Chirurgeon)-2 (AC: 15 (+4 vs AoO) [T: 13 FF: 12] | HP: 8/16 | F15, R16, W13 | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

The night before Kelly will prepare an extract of CLW and Shield before turning in for the night. He will also try and track down the fellows he arrived with to relay info about the officers quarters.

"Gents, it seems that there maybe some items and areas of interest up in the officers quarters, in addition to just normal berths there were a pair of locked doors, one of which was obviously trapped. It makes me wonder, why would you need a locked, and trapped door, and who is the trap protecting the door from?"

"Also, it appears some of our new, "friends" are holding grudges, it seems that Fipps has decided that a bit of poison would be fun to share, I seem to be over the worst of it, but I feel it will take me several days to recover."

The next morning, Kelly is more than happy to find out about his assignment, glad its not the bilge again, relieved to work with Cieran and asks if his wounds need any additional treatment, and finally excited and please to be working with Sandara again.

"Sandara, it is a relief to see you again, I wish to thank ye for your aid in returning my notes to me, I cannot begin to express what it means to me. If there is anything I can do to help repay your kindness. Perhaps we could meet up during the evening meal this night?"

While busy fawning over Sandara:
Perception Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

"Was that the lad Jack? What was he so afraid of?"

Kelly will look around a bit, letting a bit more of the work depend on Cerian and Sandara while he is distracted looking the sorce of Jack's hysteria.

Shirking:
Take 10 Perception: 10 + 6 = 16

Avoid getting caught: 1d1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Not sure why the check for not getting caught says 1d1d20, the text is correct, but its doesn't seem to be effecting the die roll.

Work, Dex Check: 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 - 2 = 12


Kelly does an okay job at catching vermin today, with so many distractions around, between Jack running round and working alonside Sandara he barely manages to keep enough focus on work to make a decent dent in the bucket.


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 6 | BAB +2 CMB +5 CMD +17

working alone for the day is an enjoyable change of pace. The wind is soothing and it drowns out the din of work on the deck below. The height of the mast affords Holgur a magnificent view of the ocean and anything about and he takes it all in as if he were here at his leisure.

Perception
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Holgur flashes a sarcastically friendly smile in response to Syl's scowl. When she tells him that Plug wants to see him he finishes his work and makes his way down to the deck for his meeting with the officer.

Climb
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


AC: 14 [T: 11 FF: 13] | HP: 18/24 | F16, R12, W16 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 Male Human (Vudrani) Inquisitor 2

Survival: 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 2 + 4 = 18

Balsooma works diligently through the day, carving up one of the ship's goats. Although his skills are rusty, his knives are sharp, and he is soon covered in hot blood and stinking like a slaughterhouse.


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

The big lug stares at Ciera blankly, and it's tough to tell if her words are getting through the thick skull. As she mentions the mast he perks up, states "HAHA! I am a woodpecker!" and hits his face on it a few times. He stops soon after with a slight cross-eyed look before shaking his head. The suggestion of food results in him opening his eyes wide, reaching into his pouch and removing some small live crabs. He cracks a few of the shells with his hands and sucks out the insides, offering a few to Ciera saying "I like cheese!" with a large ridiculous grin on his face. He seems to enjoy the company, but it's tough to tell what's going on inside that brain.

Sandara seems amused by Kelly's line of discussion, waving off his thanks for his formula book. Matter-of-factly she explains, "The others look to have more physical capability, you looked like whatever was in your book and pouches is all the options you had. We can eat together, but if your looking for quiet, meaningful conversation, it may be hard for us to find here on ship." She says this last with a sly cockiness, adding a smirk and a wink. Her look turns to confusion as Jack runs past. "Let's see what this is about." She turns and follows him.

Balsooma is on deck, bleeding and gutting the goat over the side, as sharks swarm about snapping up what little morsels get dropped into the waters. As the young man Jack rushes up on deck, he moves over to Mr. Plugg and explains frantically his situation. Balsooma can just make out a few of the young man's words, bilges, hidden, biting. Mr. Plugg looks around thinking before settling his gaze on Balsooma, with the blade and dead animal in hand. "You! Cook's boy! I got a job for you and the other worthless scrubs." Turning to Syl at the half-mast, "Get that cur from the nest down here, you stay up top. Dr. Hangman, glad you came. Sandara can finish the work for the day, you and whipping boy got a job to do."

As he gets the bunch of you together on deck, he explains, "It seems some big thing was hiding in the bilge water, snuck up and bit Jack Scrimshaw here. You four get the pleasure of going down and hunting the thing down. Cook's boy, you keep that knife you got with you, grab one more for the others, maybe you can put it to use. Now, get to it!"

EDIT: Kelly, I forgot to ask. Which mutagen did you prepare for Day 4?


Male Human Alchemist(Chirurgeon)-2 (AC: 15 (+4 vs AoO) [T: 13 FF: 12] | HP: 8/16 | F15, R16, W13 | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

"Maybe Fipps wasn't responsible for this poisoning after all. Be careful down there, I spent a whole day down there, and didn't take note of what ever it is, and its bite can drain the strength right out of you, I still feel week from it," says Kelly as he finishes preparations with the other, not normally one for using a knife in combat he's glad to have a blade handy none the less. As the others finish preparations he will head down to the bilges.

Ready to head down, assuming a combat is about to ensue.


Human Rogue (Acrobat) 2 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 13] | HP: 7/11, 6NL | F+0, R+7, W-1 | Init: +4 |Perc: +4)

Ciera follows Kelly down below.


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 6 | BAB +2 CMB +5 CMD +17

When they are out of sight of the others Holgur pulls out the vial that he took from the kitchen and hands it to Kelly. "Could you tell me what this is? I figured you might have some knowledge of things like this."

"By the way, how deep is the water in the bilge?"


Male Human Alchemist(Chirurgeon)-2 (AC: 15 (+4 vs AoO) [T: 13 FF: 12] | HP: 8/16 | F15, R16, W13 | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)
Aardvark DM wrote:

EDIT: Kelly, I forgot to ask. Which mutagen did you prepare for Day 4?

As best as I can tell, mutagens only "go bad" when you brew a new one, as I haven't, I guess the Dex one I made should still be good. I keep my list of currently prepared Alchemist items in my profile, if I forget to mention that I'm changing out my extracts or mutagen, just assume I have prepared whatever I have written in there.

As the preparations conclude Kelly takes the vial offered to him from Holgur and studies it for a handful of seconds.

ID the potion:
I'm not sure how the alchmist ID a potion ability is supposed to work, it says an alchemist can use craft to ID a potion as if he is using detect magic. Detect magic allows you to make a spellcraft check to ID the item, so do I make a craft(alchemy) check, or a spellcraft check? In this case they are same modifier so I'll just make one roll for whichever skill is appropriate.
Identify Potion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

"Interesting, this be (insert name of potion, or alcemical item here), where did ye aquire this?" Kelly asks as he hands the vial back to Holgur.


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 6 | BAB +2 CMB +5 CMD +17

"Someone on board was careless about his possessions."


Male Human Alchemist(Chirurgeon)-2 (AC: 15 (+4 vs AoO) [T: 13 FF: 12] | HP: 8/16 | F15, R16, W13 | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

"Hope it wasn't someone I like, then again, there aren't many on this ship I do like."


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 6 | BAB +2 CMB +5 CMD +17

"Truthfully, I don't know who it belonged to."


AC: 14 [T: 11 FF: 13] | HP: 18/24 | F16, R12, W16 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 Male Human (Vudrani) Inquisitor 2

Balsooma heads straight to the galley, collecting knives to arm each of them.

"I've gutted the goat well enough. Now Mr. Plugg has me investigating the bilges, it seems," he explains to Ambrose. "I'll give these blades a thorough scrub when we're done, don't worry."

He then heads for the bilges.


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Kelly finds the 'potion' to be little more than a vial of holy water.

Potion ID:
I believe the intent of the ability is to allow you to roll a craft alchemy instead of a spellcraft. This allows them to do their thing without having spellcraft (as they can copy formulae/spells without having to decipher, which requires spellcraft).

The bilges are found on the lowest deck of the ship, a trap door in the crew's quarters opens to a ladder that leads down into the darkness. The place is foul, damp, and thick with cobwebs. The bottom is covered in one to two feet of dark, brackish water that stinks abominably. A single bilge pump rests near the stern and six sets of manacles hang from the bulkhead at the forward portion of the ship.

The temperature only makes the entire situation more unpleasant, and it feels as if it could range anywhere from 90 to 100 degrees down in this smelly hole. Making your way into the bilge, you encircle the single ladder, Kelly is the last one down standing at the base of it. There is the sound of little splashes and ripples, but between the fecund 'water' around your own knees, and the sea just on the other side of the hull, the source is not telling.

GM Rolls:
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

As your eyes adjust to the minimal light, the ripples attach to small forms moving amongst the still water. Being in the far side of the movement, Ciera doesn't see them at first, but the noise of one squeeking loudly gets her attention. Six large rats, with large sharp teeth and wicked claws rush out of the waters to attack the newcomers.

Init Rolls:
Balsooma 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Ciera 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Holgur 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Kelly 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Group 1 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Group 2 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Round 1:
Balsooma -
Holgur -
Group 2 -
Ciera -
Kelly -
Group 1 -

MAP


AC: 14 [T: 11 FF: 13] | HP: 18/24 | F16, R12, W16 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 Male Human (Vudrani) Inquisitor 2

Balsooma steps back, slopping through the sludgy water. He presses a hand to his chest to utter a quick prayer for himself. His hand then goes to the symbol at his neck: "Besmara's blessing be upon us, as we clean these bilge-vermin from our ship."

5' step to E6. Swift: Judgement for +1AC. Standard: Cast Bless on everyone in the party. +1 morale bonus to attack rolls and saving throws vs fear effects.


Human Rogue (Acrobat) 2 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 13] | HP: 7/11, 6NL | F+0, R+7, W-1 | Init: +4 |Perc: +4)

Ciera winces as he descends into the filth, covering his nose against the reek. As his eyes adjust, and he sees the large rats he gasps, but then moves around to replace Balsooma and stabs at the rat (move to e5, stab f4)

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 +1 from Balsooma = 16
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 6 | BAB +2 CMB +5 CMD +17

Balsooma's magic surprises Holgur and fills him with confidence against the huge rat. He remains in D4 and strikes at the rat in C4.

Attack
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Damage
1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

After the big man backs up, and another kills one of their own, the rats start forward. They bite and nip at the group, one of them getting a chomp on Kelly's leg just before Ciera cuts it down and steps into its spot.

Attack on Holgur 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Attack on Kelly 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13, damage 1d4 ⇒ 3
Attack on Balsooma 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Round 1:
Kelly -
Group 1 -

Balsooma - Cast bless
Holgur - Killed a rat
Group 2 - Bit Kelly
Ciera - Killed a rat

MAP


Male Human Alchemist(Chirurgeon)-2 (AC: 15 (+4 vs AoO) [T: 13 FF: 12] | HP: 8/16 | F15, R16, W13 | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

"Rats, why did it have to be rats, these are going into the buck when we're finished!" Kelly exclaims as he back pedals a step, he then pulls a vial from his pouch, gives it a quick shake and hurls it at the rat against the far wall.

5' step to C6 then Alchemists bomb at rat in D2.

Attack on Rat 1d20 + 2 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 2 - 2 + 1 = 13
Damage roll 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Reflex attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Splash Damage 1 + 4 = 5

In case of miss:

Scatter roll in case of miss 1d8 ⇒ 6
Reflex Attack against 1st rat, Use above
Reflex against Holgur 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Reflex against Rat 2 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
[ooc]As per last combat, attacks will go in order of left to right, top to bottom

Kelly's aim is strained as he trys to adjust to hit the rat while still missing Holgur, as he releases he holds his breath, hoping the vial doesn't fall short and injur his friends.


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Kelly, for splash miss a 1 is always the square in the direction you threw from. Thus your 6 would have put the hit in C1.

The vial thrown by Kelly just misses the back of the rat to burst off the back wall. It still manages to splatter the vermin, and it squeels loudly before dropping dead into the water.

The last rat to go tries to bite Holgur standing right next to him, but hesitates on hearing the cries of the other.

Attack on Holgur 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Round 2:
Balsooma - Cast bless
Holgur - Killed a rat
Group 2 - Bit Kelly
Ciera - Killed a rat
Kelly - Killed a rat
Group 1 - Missed Holgur

MAP

Just a head's up, for the next week I will be on leave. I may be able to update here and there, but I won't be able to map or put together any long posts.


AC: 14 [T: 11 FF: 13] | HP: 18/24 | F16, R12, W16 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 Male Human (Vudrani) Inquisitor 2

Balsooma reverses his grip on his knife, and stabs downwards, trying to sink it into the nearby rat's back.

Attacking the rat in F5: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15, damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 6 | BAB +2 CMB +5 CMD +17

Holgur bellows an inarticulate curse as he looks about for other overgrown rats.

No game effect, just bumping the thread.


Human Rogue (Acrobat) 2 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 13] | HP: 7/11, 6NL | F+0, R+7, W-1 | Init: +4 |Perc: +4)

It's your turn Holgur


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 6 | BAB +2 CMB +5 CMD +17

I thought we were waiting for Aardvard to come back. My apologies to all.

Holgur thrusts his knife down at the besial rodent to his left. C3

Attack
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Male Human Alchemist(Chirurgeon)-2 (AC: 15 (+4 vs AoO) [T: 13 FF: 12] | HP: 8/16 | F15, R16, W13 | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

I think we are actually Holgur, but good to be as ready as we can be. Also nice to see your rolling trends with attacks is staying consistent.

Also FYI as a reminder to all, I leave on my trip on Friday, I will be gone from home for a little over 2 weeks, but will have laptop and smart phone, so hopefully will have some connectivity, but I will be sparse as well for those couple weeks, especially while driving.


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Back...ish, Kelly thanks for the heads up.

Balsooma comes close to grazing the rat, but the stupid thing moved just into the swing and dies with a shudder and a blade through its back.

Holgur on the other hand seems to be plagued by the small size of thecreatures, as he swings and misses.

The rat nearest Ciera tries to bite at him, but as their numbers dwindle, so does their courage.

Attack on Ciera 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Round 2:
Ciera - Killed a rat
Kelly - Killed a rat
Group 1 - Missed Holgur

Balsooma - Killed a rat
Holgur - Missed
Group 2 - Missed Ciera

No maps until late Sun - early Mon


Human Rogue (Acrobat) 2 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 13] | HP: 7/11, 6NL | F+0, R+7, W-1 | Init: +4 |Perc: +4)

Ciera swings at the rat in E4

Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 1 = 16
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Ciera's swipe cuts through the nearast rat easily. As Kelly mixes, shakes and tosses another vial. At first it looks to have gone over its head again, but it lands and breaks just right to scorch the small vermin rather effectively.

That appeared to be the last of them.

Bomb on C3/D2 intersection 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 - 4 = 20, Reflex attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20. No, Kelly, I won't make all your attack rolls. So don't ask. ;)


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

With the last rat having been dispatched by Kelly's blast, the threat seems to have been quelled. You now all just stand in a hot bilge.

Sorry if it was unclear, but the fight is over. Are you guys doing anything?


AC: 14 [T: 11 FF: 13] | HP: 18/24 | F16, R12, W16 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 Male Human (Vudrani) Inquisitor 2

Balsooma, since this has been his first time in the bilges and all, will use the opportunity to have a look around.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

"Looks like I didn't need to hunt turtles for dinner after all, it seems," he jovially remarks after searching, reaching down to prod one of the dead rats with his blade. "Keep the knives, if you can: the cook has plenty. I'll tell him they were weak metal, and handled rat bones poorly."

The task complete, he will try to clean his knife the best he can, and hide it about his person: in a pocket, or a boot, wherever it might fit and not injure him. He then heads up on deck to report the success to Mr. Plugg: a man whose bad side he'd rather not be on.


Human Rogue (Acrobat) 2 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 13] | HP: 7/11, 6NL | F+0, R+7, W-1 | Init: +4 |Perc: +4)

Ciera grimaces at the smell of the bilges and the sight of the huge dead rats. "Well I don't know about you," he says, "but I'm gettin' outa' this stink before it soaks inta me bones."

With that he swiftly clambers up the ladder and heads above deck with Balsooma, replacing his knife in its wrist-sheath as he does so.


Male Human Alchemist(Chirurgeon)-2 (AC: 15 (+4 vs AoO) [T: 13 FF: 12] | HP: 8/16 | F15, R16, W13 | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

"Well since I'm on pest duty today, no sense in letting these go to waste, to the bucket they go!"

I'm set up at a place with internet access, so hopefully I will be able to be checking a bit more the next few days.


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 6 | BAB +2 CMB +5 CMD +17

Holgur laughs at Balsooma's joke about the turtles.

"No, stay here a moment. We are not likely to be observed here. If any of you need to catch up on sleep you can probably find a dry spot for an hour or so. If anyone asks we can just say we were searching for other beasties."

"I have not endeared myself to any of the crew so far and have not found out anything about the ship. What about the rest of you?"


AC: 14 [T: 11 FF: 13] | HP: 18/24 | F16, R12, W16 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 Male Human (Vudrani) Inquisitor 2

Balsooma pauses as he goes to leave, turning to address Holgur. "The cook - Ambrose - is a good man, though prone to drink. I have not explored much else: the sea is new to me and I to it, it seems. If the work is simple, I may have a look around on the 'morrow." He considers the other man for a moment, before continuing: "You were a sailor before, true? How does this boat compare? Anything we should be wary of?"


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 6 | BAB +2 CMB +5 CMD +17

"I have heard of this captain, Harrigan, before. He is of a different class than most; he is a right evil bastard as are Plugg and Scourge. They run this ship like a floating prison island. On most ships the crew members have some say in what goes on, except for in combats."

More tomorrow...


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Just adding a little, in case you want to continue your conversation before going back on deck.

Balsooma's cursory examination turns up very little in the one to two feet of standing water in the bilges. And his glance over the old discarded boxes and crates convinces him that if there were anything of value amongst them, they wouldn't be down here.

The air is heavy, and weighs on the group, despite Holgur's assessement of the conditions may be off as you can tell that spending too much time in here might just overheat you.

The bilge is very hot as per the heat dangers environment rules. You guys can spend an hour here before a Fort attack is made against you for 1d4 NL. Not chasing you out, just making sure you are in the know.


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 6 | BAB +2 CMB +5 CMD +17
Aardvark DM wrote:

Just adding a little, in case you want to continue your conversation before going back on deck.

Balsooma's cursory examination turns up very little in the one to two feet of standing water in the bilges. And his glance over the old discarded boxes and crates convinces him that if there were anything of value amongst them, they wouldn't be down here.

The air is heavy, and weighs on the group, despite Holgur's assessement of the conditions may be off as you can tell that spending too much time in here might just overheat you.

The bilge is very hot as per the heat dangers environment rules. You guys can spend an hour here before a Fort attack is made against you for 1d4 NL. Not chasing you out, just making sure you are in the know.

Holgur pauses, wipes the sweat from his brow and says "It's been a long time since I've been in the bilges. I forgot how hot and rank it is down here. It probably is a good idea to get back on deck before the heat and smell drain our strength. Those bastards, Plug and Scourge would not care a whit about any of this and would put us to work until we drop."

"Unless something changes on this ship we are not much better than slaves."


AC: 14 [T: 11 FF: 13] | HP: 18/24 | F16, R12, W16 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 Male Human (Vudrani) Inquisitor 2

Balsooma scowls deeply at the mention of 'slaves', and reaches a hand up to touch his chest. "Pirates should be free men and women, not slaves, else you might as well serve the aboard Chelish Navy." He spits the last two words out, muddling them with a mumble about "damn devil-worshipers."


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 6 | BAB +2 CMB +5 CMD +17

"Aye to that, my friend. This captain would use any of us for fish-bait. We either escape or mutiny and we are too few for the second."

I will be away for a week starting tomorrow and might not be able to post. Please DMPC Holgur as needed.


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Kelly fits as many of the big rats as he can into his vermin bucket, and Ciera would be wise to do the same considering also being on vermin duty. The brief grumbling over the wickedness of those in charge ends almost as soon as it starts, and the small group instead makes their way topside to report their results.

Jack, the initial victim of the rats, looks on in awe at the size and number they managed to remove from below and only one of them having any sign of injury. Mr. Plugg, however, seems irritated, yet tries to maintain his look of disdain for your rather swift return. "So, look here, you seem to have managed to catch a few big rats. You four must be all impressed with yourselves for so righteous a haul. Now, stop standing around and get back to work."

At his last, Master Scourge looks ready to snap anyone that balks, but Captain Harrigan speaks up, his deep voice easily carrying across the deck "If the bilge is clear of the threat, they've done their share for the day."

Late roll, should have happened earlier 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 vs Kelly's Fort.

Otherwise, the rest of the day is uneventful. Take Rum and Evening actions.


Human Rogue (Acrobat) 2 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 13] | HP: 7/11, 6NL | F+0, R+7, W-1 | Init: +4 |Perc: +4)

Ciera adds rats to his bucket and makes his way to the deck with the others. At the captains words he smiles and spends the rest of the day relaxing. When the rum is produced he drinks his ration gatefully, then begins stretchnig. Dissapointed with last-night's performance he again begins a simple routine.

Rum action: Drink normally
Evening action: Entertain crew 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

151 to 200 of 1,128 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Aardvark's "To What Depths Would You Go For Freedom?" S&S Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.