Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Aardvark's "To What Depths Would You Go For Freedom?" S&S Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master Troy Malovich

Four unlucky souls find themselves press-ganged into the crew of the Wormwood.


51 to 100 of 1,128 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human Alchemist(Chirurgeon)-2 (AC: 15 (+4 vs AoO) [T: 13 FF: 12] | HP: 8/16 | F15, R16, W13 | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)
Kelly Forester wrote:


goes to seek out the quarter master, to see about reclaiming his effects.

The attempt was for the quartermaster if possible

"Ahh, I feel much less naked with this in hand."

Kelly does his best to affix the pouch someplace it would not be noticed easily.

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

In his less than entirely sober state, he decides just above his right shin would be a great place to hide, no one would ever think to look there.

"You have shown us great kindness, and don't mistake my question for lack of gratitude, because you have earned that in spades, but why? Why risk your neck for a group of strangers you've no loyalty or obligation to? Who might report your kindness in an effort to gain favor from the the Captain? Rest assured, I have no such intent, I just wish to understand."

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
I am using sense motive not to sense a bluff, but to try and ascertain her motivation and trustworthiness.


AC: 14 [T: 11 FF: 13] | HP: 18/24 | F16, R12, W16 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 Male Human (Vudrani) Inquisitor 2

Balsooma isn't really taking a ship action. He's interested in whatever games the pirates are playing, but doesn't have any money to gamble (I assume that's missing along with the gear). If there's any games being played that cater to his strengths - namely, his strength - then he would be interested in competing.

Balsooma nods his head in acceptance of the holy symbol from Sandara. He rubs it between thumb and forefinger a few times, lost in thought, before slipping it into a pocket. He flashes her an earnest grin: "Seems like we would do well to befriend the crew: if we can't do anything about our enemies, best do something about our friends."


Human Rogue (Acrobat) 2 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 13] | HP: 7/11, 6NL | F+0, R+7, W-1 | Init: +4 |Perc: +4)
Aardvark DM wrote:

Ciera, sorry, but Caulky has nothing to say to any of the crew. She stops by the galley long enough to bring the officer's their food and that's it. I will allow you to keep the roll, but you should pick a different sailor.

In that case Ciera will attempt to befriend Grok, greeting him with a smile. "Anythin' a body can do t' get a hat around here?" he asks during the course of the conversation. "That suns bakin' hot out on the deck." he also tries to ascertain the chances of getting a dagger or two back from the stores, and where they'd be located.

During the evening's meal Sandara approaches each of you,.... She whispers, "I managed to talk Grok out of some of your stuff, but I wasn't able to get any weapons or armor." She slips Ciera his wrist sheath.

She offers a word of warning to each, which may be unnecessary, "Avoid the bosun and first mate as much as you can. They are a nasty lot, and not likely to show mercy for any reason."

when the tatooed woman approaches Ciera offers a smile and a greeting, his smile broadening as his wrist sheath is returned to him. "Thank ye milady" he whispers, surrepticiously pocketing the leather sheath. "I wasn't goin anywhere near 'em if i can 'elp it. Anyone amongst th' crew I should be careful of milady? Anythin' ye'd like done as a repayment so t' speak?"


Human Rogue (Acrobat) 2 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 13] | HP: 7/11, 6NL | F+0, R+7, W-1 | Init: +4 |Perc: +4)
Holgur wrote:
If any of the other newly impressed crew are nearby he will make his way over to them and introduce himself to Kelly and Ciera since he has already done so with Balsooma.

When Holgur approaches, Ciera gives a small smile. "Well it looks like you an' me 'av been shanghaied mister." she says with a subtle grin "Can't say as its what i was plannin' on, but i guess we're stuck. Me name's Ceiran by the way, used to be an acrobat, but now I guess i'm a bloody swab. he leans forward to shake the big man's hand.


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 6 | BAB +2 CMB +5 CMD +17

I know this is out of sequence with influencing an NPC, but what the hell?

"I'm Holgur, from Ilizmagorti. From the sound of your speech you are from the same area. As for being a swab, we all start out that way. "

To Kelly: "Look, your going to have to watch out for how you respond to the bosun. Most men in that position are nasty sons of whores but this one seems worst than most. When you are new to a ship it is best to be quiet and just take stock of things."

"Well, Balsooma, how is the kitchen and the cook? Or am I better off bein' ignorant of the food on this vessel?"


Maps: SStar Sunday, 23 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Sandara accepts their thanks in turn, responding with a few simple words. "I've been on the Wormwood for only a day afore y'all, but that's enough to know that I want no time near the bosun, that dirty blighter Master Scourge, and anything that creates a burr in his heel is a right move by me. Beyond that, I'm sure you've seen that the First mate Mr. Plugg is another 'un to be avoided."

She seems to enjoy the idea of causing trouble for Master Scourge.

Cut-throat Grok, the tough, female, half-orc quartermaster, seems to be enjoying herself with the drink and the good conversation with Kelly and Ciera. "If'n ya be wantin' equipment ya needs ta come by me stores and offerin' ta buy or trade from tha ship's booty. Ya' seems to be good folk, ah'm sure we can work out some deals."

A common pirate game, that may interest Balsooma, is arm wrestling. Like most pirate diversions, there isn't a friendly subtle version of the contest. Instead, it is performed over piles of broken glass, old nails, and caltrops. Another is Hog Lob, where a lead ingot, covered in greased piglet skin, is lobbed across deck to see who can throw it the furthest. Sadly, all these games require a buy in, and without having any coin, Balsooma might find a hard time making it into any games.


AC: 14 [T: 11 FF: 13] | HP: 18/24 | F16, R12, W16 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 Male Human (Vudrani) Inquisitor 2

Balsooma favours Holgur with a grin: "No need to worry: I's seen what goes into the stew, and most of it is edible enough. Ambrose - the cook - does what he can with what we've got. That is, when there's more rum in his bottle than there is in his belly.

He turns next to Ciera: "I think I remember you from the tavern, it seems. I'm Balsooma. You fall in any kind of trouble, I've got your back. Seems us new-folk ought to be sticking together." Let's hope that Mr. Plugg does't take some kind of ill shine or dislike to the kid. I don't quite fancy meeting Besmara this early through a swift keelhaulin'.

Making a mental note of needing to scrounge up some coin on the 'morrow for arm wrestling - something that he should be able to prove his worth to the crew at - Balsooma heads down to the hold to claim a hammock and find out how difficult sleeping aboard a ship is.


Maps: SStar Sunday, 23 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Sorry Holgur, keep missing your post when I go back as it is the last of the previous page.

Holgur can easily tell the direction they have traveled most of the day as being north. The sunrise and fall, were at the east and west respectively, and the stars clear in the night sky.

As he nears the primped gnome, the little man sneers at him, spitting "Geet away from me, you feelthy beast. I do not care where you are from, only that your sight and smell offend me." He holds a little yellow handkerchief near his nose, as if to ward off the smell of you, and turns his head away so all you see is his large purple hat.

As the night comes to a close, and most of the others head off to bed, Grok tells Ciera, "See me in the morn, Ah can probably give ya some o' yer stuff back without too much problems."

Balsooma is calling it a night, is anyone going to take a dead of night action, or will you all be finding a hammock as well? If you want to converse more that's fine, no rushing you, just asking intent.


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 6 | BAB +2 CMB +5 CMD +17
Aardvark DM wrote:

As he nears the primped gnome, the little man sneers at him, spitting "Geet away from me, you feelthy beast. I do not care where you are from, only that your sight and smell offend me." He holds a little yellow handkerchief near his nose, as if to ward off the smell of you, and turns his head away so all you see is his large purple hat.

Holgur replies in a theatrically exaggerated voice of sophistication loud enough for anyone nearby to here clearly:

"Dearest me, gentle flower. I had not thought that there would be the slightest chance of offending your delicate sensibilities. For all I knew that great nose of yours was just for making an impression or, as likely, it points your head in the direction your feet are heading in. A great boon to a tiny-minded one such as yourself."

He finishes with a mock curtsy and heads toward over toward Ciera and Kelly. If the gnome is going to retaliate Holgur does not want to be asleep when he does.


Maps: SStar Sunday, 23 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

"No, pardon' me, you great haree peeg. I deed not realize that you are unaware of your own steenk. Eet does not take a refined nose to smell you, you just deed not notice that we all stood downweend." He smirks as he replies, as if he derives enjoyment from the bandied words.

I often mix the up/down wind. If I used it wrong, he means they stand outside the direction of the smell.


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 6 | BAB +2 CMB +5 CMD +17

"'Hairy Pig'? Sir are you propositioning me? You look the type to view farm animals as meals or as amorous companions depending on your hunger for food or other wants." While Holgur was initially a bit angered he is finding it difficult not to smile a bit as he says this. Jousting can be done with more than lances, after all.


Maps: SStar Sunday, 23 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

"Proposeetione', do not deelude yourself, you are thee type to 'ave to pay double to geet thee deerty wharf whores to bed you. I yam certain that eeny person would rather be weeth a reel haree peeg before they would weeth you." He leans back, using his little walking stick to keep his chair tilted.

Perception DC 15:
At the mention of dirty wharf whore, Aretta Bansion, a large-eared female, stops finding amusement in the exchange and leaves to the crew quarters.


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 6 | BAB +2 CMB +5 CMD +17

Perception:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

"You said 'double'. Don't prentend that you can count." And he walks off with a dismisive wave of his hand.

DM:

Spoiler:

If he can, Holgur catches up to the woman and says "I don't mean anything with the runt. My 'pologies if it was too crass for yer liking."

Influence NPC
Diplomacy 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Maps: SStar Sunday, 23 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Holgur:
Sadly, the ability to influence as per the game can only be done once during each action time (representing a large period of time). So, your roll is just a regular Diplomacy roll, but luckily it is not an influence check, because of how low you rolled.

She turns as you talk to her, a snide look on her face "I give a damn what you do, or what you have to say! Get away from me. You're nothing but a filthy bilge rat."


Human Rogue (Acrobat) 2 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 13] | HP: 7/11, 6NL | F+0, R+7, W-1 | Init: +4 |Perc: +4)

Ciera greets Balsooma: "I recon so mister," he replies "Looks like it might be an 'ard time of it fer us new bloody swabs, an' no-one else's goin' ta be much 'elp i'm thinkin'."

Ciera bids goodnight to Grok, Holgur and Balsooma, heading for his hammock below deck, which he gratefully climbs into, pulling it around himself after the hard day's work, satisfied that he might manage to retrieve some of his gear from the quatermaster in the morning.

No dead of night action for Ciera,... yet.


Male Human Alchemist(Chirurgeon)-2 (AC: 15 (+4 vs AoO) [T: 13 FF: 12] | HP: 8/16 | F15, R16, W13 | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

Kelly spends some time fiddling with the objects in his reacquired pouch, adding various things to a small bottle in various proportions, eyeing it carefully as he does. After a time he gives the bottle of odd liquid a curt nod of approval and stores it neatly away.

"Betwixt the lash and rum, I am quite ready to retire as well, good night,"Kelly says, not paying much mind to whom as he clambers below decks to claim a hammock for himself. Mumbling wishes of safe slumbers to his fellow captives as he passes by.

DM:
Preparing a mutagen of Strength.


Maps: SStar Sunday, 23 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Holgur, are you taking any other actions (dead of night), or pulling up some hammock?


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 6 | BAB +2 CMB +5 CMD +17

Holgur will set in for the night.


Maps: SStar Sunday, 23 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

The tolling of the Wormwood's clock bells chime as soon as you close your eyes to sleep, but it doesn't take long to realize that it is actually sunrise. It's been a full night, but it's not exactly like you feel rested after such a rough first day on the press gang. The crew slip from their hanging canvas berths, grab what little gear they don't already sleep in, and make for the stairs at the bow. The press and hustle of the crew jostles you, and as you make for the stairs, you just get shifted aside, until you realize that you four are the only ones left to exit.

Except, however, for the four blocking the stairs. In the fore, stands Holgur's lady friend from the night before, the big-eared Aretta Bansion. Behind her stand the three recognizable as Fipps Chumlett, a fat human with a shaved head, Jaundiced Jape, a half-orc with a practiced scowl, and Slippery Syl Lonegan, a human woman with a disturbing stare. Aretta speaks up, "Oh, what's wrong shark-bait, are you in a hurry? It looks like you just may be late for first bell." As she pushes Holgur in the chest.

You guys did get the benefits of a full night's rest. You regain 1 hp, and 1 point of ability damage. I forgot to mention Initiative, if anyone chooses to act and initiate combat, say so in your post, and I will do all init rolls in one post and put them in order. Again, it is just quicker to do them all at once.


Human Rogue (Acrobat) 2 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 13] | HP: 7/11, 6NL | F+0, R+7, W-1 | Init: +4 |Perc: +4)

Ciera leans casually against a bulkhead, raising his eyebrow at he woman's words. "Well this was goin' ta happen sooner or later I suppose" he says, "Someone has ta be top dog I recon, an' to be honest I don't really care who it is. I guess the boss don't mind a bit've brawlin' between 'is men. Stops 'em gettin' together I rekon. Still, I don't see what I could 'av that you'd be wantin'? Not much point in 'avin a fight."

diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15


AC: 14 [T: 11 FF: 13] | HP: 18/24 | F16, R12, W16 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 Male Human (Vudrani) Inquisitor 2

Balsooma stretches his arms wide, working out the knots of sleep. He mouths an expansive yawn, rubs his eyes, then feigns surprise at the group still standing there: "It seems you never heard the saying 'leave your quarrels on the shore'. Now, I much prefer to hammer steel - it complains less - but if I have to, by my lady's briny bosom, I shall practice my smithing on your waterlogged skulls."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Balsooma's attempt to intimidate the pirates is sabotaged when an actual yawn takes him unawares, and turns the second half of his sentence into a clenched mumble.


Male Human Alchemist(Chirurgeon)-2 (AC: 15 (+4 vs AoO) [T: 13 FF: 12] | HP: 8/16 | F15, R16, W13 | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

Poking his head around the gathering of his fellow inmates, Kelly is not overly surprised to see a group of ruffians blocking the way, though the big eared swab was a bit of a surprise.

"Ah, it seems our fellow swabs have arrived to escort us on our way this morn Ciera, and look, Holgur a fellow rigger to accompany you. Balsooma, I'm sure Ambrose would have shown as well, but for a bottle of rum requiring special attention. Now that we have all gathered for this lustrous morn, let us all depart before we earn the ire of Mr. Plugg, as I've already seen and tasted his brand of leniency. In fact is that Mr. Plugg I hear coming now?"

Bluff: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
Not sure if my +2 influence bonus applies to a check like this or not, so I left it off, if it does apply, please add it in.
Edit: Not that it matters.


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 6 | BAB +2 CMB +5 CMD +17

"Welcome wagon, hunh?"

"I'm goin' up those stairs, either do something or get the [explitive] out of the way!"

Intimidate
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


Maps: SStar Sunday, 23 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

They look confused by Kelly, like he doesn't quite get that they are not here for an escort, as his sarcasm doesn't come across quite right. There is a minor murmur amongst a few witnesses on the stairs above, unsure even why the guy thought he heard Mr. Plugg.

All the same, Balsooma's garbled threat comes off with much less than the effect he was hoping for. Ciera and Holgur, though, receive an answer. "We don't want nuthin' from you, and we'll decide what's worth fightin' over." She steps back a little at Holgur's anger, but still commands "Get 'em guys!". Aretta steps back, as the other three step up, fists raised.

Another houserule I had back in 3.5 days, that I would like to carry over. You cannot take an AoO with an action that provokes an AoO. If what you are doing is so distracting/focused that others get to hit you, it doesn't make sense that you can do it suddenly in reaction to another's action. Thoughts?

Init Rolls:
Balsooma 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Ciera 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Holgur 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Kelly 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Aretta 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Fipps 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Jape 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Syl 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Round 1:
Holgur -
Syl -
Ciera -
Aretta - Shaken 1 round
Fipps -
Jape -
Balsooma -
Kelly -
Basics on how I run the Init tracker. The person up is bolded. Statuses, and actions taken go after the dash. After your turn, you will be moved to the bottom, indicating where you go in the next round. It is fairly self-explanatory, I have been asked about it before, but it becomes pretty apparent with use.

MAP


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 6 | BAB +2 CMB +5 CMD +17

When the wench moves aside Holgur shuffle-steps in toward Jape and feints a jab and follows it with a an overhand right aimed as his chin.

Attack (Str and Favored Enemy bonuses included)
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8Sugar Ray Robinson he is not

Damage it if hits
1d3 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

PCs only get one attack per round with unarmed strikes correct? Also, attacking another unarmed foe with fists/feet/etc.. does not provoke AoO, does it?


Maps: SStar Sunday, 23 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

I have no problem if you want to try and 2-weapon it untrained and take the -4/-8. I did not know that about being unable to AoO unarmed, but it fits with my ruling, and icludes all the other things that provoke.

Holgur moves up to swing as Aretta steps back, and is forced to redirect his efforts against Jaundiced Jape, to no avail.

Slippery Syl gets a wild look in her too-wide eyes, as she chuckles and takes a swipe at Ciera. Landing a solid blow in the young man's bread basket, and knocking some of the wind from his sails. She dances sideways, and whoops with delight.

Unarmed strike at Ciera 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22, damage 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Move, 5' step to D6

Round 1:
Ciera -
Aretta - Shaken 1 round
Fipps -
Jape -
Balsooma -
Kelly -

Holgur - Missed Jape
Syl - Punched Ciera, moved 5'

MAP


Human Rogue (Acrobat) 2 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 13] | HP: 7/11, 6NL | F+0, R+7, W-1 | Init: +4 |Perc: +4)

Ciera winces with pain as the heavu strike lands but, using the force of the blow grabs a hold of the hammock and swings around, trying to move behaind Syl (Acrobatics to 6C). He then jerks forward with his fist raised, but pulls back his strike at the last moment. (Feint)

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
Bluff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 6 | BAB +2 CMB +5 CMD +17

Aardvark, I will be away today so please DMPC Holgur. Thanks.


Maps: SStar Sunday, 23 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Np, Holgur.

Ciera twists and swirls around the other woman, her movements deceptive, and Syl is uncertain when a strike will come. Aretta takes another cautionary step backwards, but the two men takes swings at their opposition.

Fipps throws a punch at Balsooma, hitting the big man, but it barely fazes him. Japes tries to return a swing back at Holgur, his aim is precise, but his follow through is weak at best. The force of his punch is surprisingly weak for a half-orc. He steps aside, and tries to wave Aretta into the fight with a grunt.

Aretta, Move 5' to F3
Fipps, Unarmed strike at Balsooma 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13, damage 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Jape, Unarmed strike at Holgur 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22, damage 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2, Move 5' step to E5

Round 1:
Balsooma -
Kelly -

Holgur - Missed Jape
Syl - Punched Ciera, moved 5'
Ciera - Tumbles, and Feints Syl
Aretta - Shaken 1 round, 5' step back
Fipps - Punched Balsooma
Jape - Punched Holgur, 5' sidestep

I will update the map when I get to work.


AC: 14 [T: 11 FF: 13] | HP: 18/24 | F16, R12, W16 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 Male Human (Vudrani) Inquisitor 2

Question: Does not having gear mean not having armour? Just wondering how a 13 hit my AC14.

Balsooma glares at the big man: "You call yourselves pirates? Besmara'd be ashamed of you." He swiftly lays his left hand to his tattooed chest, and mutters under his breath.

Judgement: Justice. +1 to attack rolls until end of combat.

Then, clenching his right hand into a fist, he swings it at the man's large torso.

Unarmed strike at Fipps: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10, damage 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Maps: SStar Sunday, 23 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Yes it does, sorry if it was unclear, you guys have nothing but clothes and the items returned to you thus far.


Male Human Alchemist(Chirurgeon)-2 (AC: 15 (+4 vs AoO) [T: 13 FF: 12] | HP: 8/16 | F15, R16, W13 | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

Kelly snags the vial of odd looking liquid from his pouch and quaffs it in a quick gulp. Immediately his muscles bulge out and he takes on a more animal quality, his hide growing tougher. He then steps up to fill the gap left open when Ceria tumbled around Syl to face Jape.

Standard action to take mutagen
5' step to E6


Maps: SStar Sunday, 23 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Balsooma swings a meaty fist at the bald fat man, yet despite his girth, he is able to duck aside the blow. Kelly's foul concoction turns him into something beastly looking, as he steps up to help surround Syl.

Holgur continues in his efforts to pummel the yellow-tinted half-orc, but his hands are obviously much less effective without weapons in them.

Slippery Syl doesn't like the idea of being surrounded, her disturbing gaze never wavers, and she looks as if she doesn't blink. She steps back towards the stairs, and swings once more at the nimble young man. She finds purchase, and delivers another decent blow to the youth.

Holgur unarmed strike on Jape 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Syl, 5' step to D5
Syl unarmed strike on Ciera 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17, damage 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Round 2:
Ciera - Tumbles, and Feints Syl
Aretta - Shaken 1 round, 5' step back
Fipps - Punched Balsooma
Jape - Punched Holgur, 5' sidestep
Balsooma - Missed Fipps
Kelly - Drank Mutagen, 5' step

Holgur - Missed Jape, again
Syl - Moved 5', punched Ciera

MAP


Human Rogue (Acrobat) 2 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 13] | HP: 7/11, 6NL | F+0, R+7, W-1 | Init: +4 |Perc: +4)

OUCH! I'm nearly down guys!

Ciera's head snaps backward as the woman's fist strikes her jaw, a stream of blood spraying from his mouth, but, taking a deep breath, the youth attempts a quick strike at the woman. This time following through with the strike and leaning forward into a tumble, coming to his feet behind the woman. (tumble to flank)

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 + sneak attack 1d6 ⇒ 4

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14


Maps: SStar Sunday, 23 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Ciera's misguiding movements pay off, and she pops Syl hard in the nose. Finally, the woman with the crazy look, closes her eyes as blood pours from her nose.

Seeing Holgur's capability, Aretta decides to come back in and give him her opinion of him. Sadly, much like her opinion, her punch is also not a good one. Fipps, however, once again just manages to deliver a blow to Balsooma, before giving a chin-inducing grin at his own success. Jape switches targets to Kelly, seeing the beastly form as a worthy opponent, he lands a solid blow against the strange man.

Aretta, Move to F5
Unarmed strike at Holgur 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Fipps, Unarmed strike at Balsooma 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13, damage 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Jape, Unarmed strike at Kelly 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17, damage 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Round 2:
Balsooma - Missed Fipps
Kelly - Drank Mutagen, 5' step

Holgur - Missed Jape, again
Syl - 7 damage, Moved 5', punched Ciera
Ciera - Hits Syl, and moves behind her
Aretta - Moved in, missed Holgur
Fipps - Punched Balsooma
Jape - Punched Kelly

Map


AC: 14 [T: 11 FF: 13] | HP: 18/24 | F16, R12, W16 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 Male Human (Vudrani) Inquisitor 2

Balsooma takes the blow from Fipps with a grunt and a wince. Scowling at the bigger man, he throws a jab at him, before shifting back slightly and beckoning him forward.

Unarmed Strike at Fipps: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10, damage 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7. 5' step to G7.

Silly Balsooma. Rolling a 5 the first time didn't work, so why would you do it again?

He lays a hand to his chest, focusing inward for a moment, before bringing his fists up to protect himself.

Changed Judgement. Judgement: Protection. +1 to AC until end of combat. Current AC is 12 (10+1dex+1sacred)


Male Human Alchemist(Chirurgeon)-2 (AC: 15 (+4 vs AoO) [T: 13 FF: 12] | HP: 8/16 | F15, R16, W13 | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

Looking around seeing that battle is not going well, he once again reaches into his bag of tricks, he yanks free a small vial, and pops a small piece of sulfur into it. He gives it one quick shake and lobs it at Jape.
Throw Splash Weapon: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
The backward momentum from Jape pulling back after his blow removes all energy from the throw and vial fails to shatter on impact with the brute.
Splash Weapon Misdirection: 1d8 ⇒ 4
The vial skips off Japes returning right shoulder, and bounces off behind him to at an angle, however as it lands behind him the vial bursts. A wave of heat and quick blast of flame bursts forth.
Lands in square F4.
Reflex Attack, 1/2 dmg on miss: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Splash Damage: 1 + 4 = 5 / 2 = 2 Fire damage to Jape, Aretta, and Fipps.

Most of the rush of heat follows its natural course of upward, so only a small amount heads toward the melee. However those on the periphery of the impact do get scorched.


Male Human Alchemist(Chirurgeon)-2 (AC: 15 (+4 vs AoO) [T: 13 FF: 12] | HP: 8/16 | F15, R16, W13 | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

As it will be my norm, I will roll from top to bottom and left to right on saves, so the first will apply to Jape.
Also realized that with mutagen active, my modifiers are different, DC of save is 1 lower, and splash dmg is 1 lower also, does not affect Jape's dmg, but now dmg on a hit is 4, on miss is still 2.

Reflex Attack, Aretta: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Reflex Attack, Fipps: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14


Human Rogue (Acrobat) 2 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 13] | HP: 7/11, 6NL | F+0, R+7, W-1 | Init: +4 |Perc: +4)

Holgur's up?


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 6 | BAB +2 CMB +5 CMD +17

Time to throw caution to the wind.

Holgur barrels forward throwing hooks with both hands.

Left
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Damage
1d3 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Right
1d20 - 3 ⇒ (8) - 3 = 5


Human Rogue (Acrobat) 2 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 13] | HP: 7/11, 6NL | F+0, R+7, W-1 | Init: +4 |Perc: +4)

not sure if Syl is still standing,...

if she's still standing:

Ciera ducks forwards and aims two punches into the woman's kidneys

Attack1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Damage1: 1d3 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 1 + (2) = 4

Attack2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Damage2: 1d3 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + (3) = 7

if she's down:

Ciera moves around the stairs, coming up behind Fipps to flank (G4). He darts in and tries to kick at back of the man's head

Attack1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Damage1: 1d3 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + (5) = 9


Maps: SStar Sunday, 23 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Holgur, who did you attack?

Balsooma swings as he steps back, and his blow falls short. Kelly thorws a vial at the half-orc before him, but missing the bulk of him, hits the rail of the stairs leading up. The resultant splash washes over Aretta and Fipps, and only a little of it sprays Jape, the intended target. The three of them yell in pain at the burn of it. Holgur follows up the attack with a quick one-two punch, the one making for a healthy smack against it's intended target. The two, though, well it wasn't completely bad.

Syl's eyes cross a little, as she holds her now bleeding nose, "I dink she broge by dose!" She steps out from between Kelly and Ciera, and puts her arm up and flexed before her to ward off any future blows.

Round 3:
Ciera - Hits Syl, and moves behind her
Aretta - 4 L damage, Moved in, missed Holgur
Fipps - 4 L damage, Punched Balsooma
Jape - 2 L damage, Punched Kelly
Balsooma - Missed Fipps
Kelly - Threw bomb, splashed Aretta, Fipps, and Jape

Holgur - Hit
Syl - 7 NL damage, Moved 5', Total defense

MAP


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 6 | BAB +2 CMB +5 CMD +17

Sorry, I missed that Jape moved away from Holgur. Does that provoke and AoO? If Jape was out of range then Holgur will have made his attack against Aretta.


Maps: SStar Sunday, 23 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Jape only took a 5', and you can't take AoO's unarmed. Jape is in range, but he moved on to Kelly, and Aretta came for you. I wasn't sure if you were still targeting Jape. Also, Ciera, since you posted right before I did, do you want to adjust your tactics? Considering she is there, but stopped attacking, for total defense.


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 6 | BAB +2 CMB +5 CMD +17

Holgur attacks Jape then


Human Rogue (Acrobat) 2 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 13] | HP: 7/11, 6NL | F+0, R+7, W-1 | Init: +4 |Perc: +4)

Ciera will move around to flank Jape as per the "If she's down" spoiler above.


Maps: SStar Sunday, 23 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Ciera, the only one you could have flanked was Aretta, so I assumed you would go for her, since you benefit from the flank.

When the flash of Kelly's fire strikes the three, there is a recognizable shift in attitude. Holgur follows up the blast with a punch to Jape's breadbasket, and he grunts in pain. Seeing that Syl lost the fight in her, Ciera runs around the stairs to try and gang-up on one of the remaining attackers, but by the time he makes his way around the stairwell the punch comes across as too hasty.

Since things got more dangerous, Jape and Aretta do their best to step back from the new turn of events. Jape trying to catch his breath, just backs up, one hand up with the other over his stomach, sucking in great gulps of air. Aretta, backs up against the hull. Fipps though, doesn't quite agree, "Oh, so that's 'ow it's goin' ta be? I tink I kin play along." He draws a dagger from his belt and steps in to swing the blade at Kelly, but his girth is his downfall, as he struggles to draw the blade and still swing it since his stomach rests heavily on his belt.

Aretta, 5' step to G4, Total defense.
Fipps, 5' step to F5 drawing dagger, attacks Kelly 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Jape, 5' step to D5, Total defense.

Round 3:
Balsooma - Missed Fipps
Kelly - Threw bomb, splashed Aretta, Fipps, and Jape

Holgur - Hit Jape
Syl - 7 NL damage, Moved 5', Total defense
Ciera - Moves behind Aretta, misses
Aretta - 4 L damage, Steps back 5', Total defense
Fipps - 4 L damage, Draws dagger while 5' stepping, attacks Kelly
Jape - 2 L /7 NL damage, 5' sidestep, Total defense

MAP


AC: 14 [T: 11 FF: 13] | HP: 18/24 | F16, R12, W16 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 Male Human (Vudrani) Inquisitor 2

Balsooma sniffs annoyance, as he fails to draw Fipps further back into the hold. His eyes flash with anger when he sees the dagger drawn. Stepping forward once more, he throws caution to the wind, launching himself at the big man: trying to grapple him.

5' step back to G6. Grapple: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7, and I assume since Fipps now has a weapon, I'll take an AoO for grappling.


Male Human Alchemist(Chirurgeon)-2 (AC: 15 (+4 vs AoO) [T: 13 FF: 12] | HP: 8/16 | F15, R16, W13 | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

Kelly's hope and fears of using his alchemical armaments in this fight seem to have both been realized. Most of the combatants seem to have shied away, seeking an end to this assault. One however has seen fit to elevate the action as well. The drawn knife signals an elevated threat, Kelly decides to try and quickly put an end to this new, potentially deadly, situation.

Disarm Attempt: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 2 - 4 = 3

Kelly finds his alchemically bolstered strength and stiffened hide to be a bit more restricting than he originally thought, as he fumble around never quite getting his hands on the knife.


Maps: SStar Sunday, 23 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

As Balsooma lunges forward at the fat man, the dagger flashes toward him, but the man had been using a reverse grip, and couldn't get it lined up with the oncoming target. Kelly uses the distraction caused by Balsooma to try and wrest the blade from the man, but the swing on Balsooma put it out of his reach.

Fipps' AoO on Balsooma 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Round 4:
Holgur - Hit Jape
Syl - 7 NL damage, Moved 5', Total defense
Ciera - Moves behind Aretta, misses
Aretta - 4 L damage, Steps back 5', Total defense
Fipps - 4 L damage, Draws dagger while 5' stepping, attacks Kelly
Jape - 2 L /7 NL damage, 5' sidestep, Total defense
Balsooma - Attempted to grapple Fipps
Kelly - Attempted to disarm Fipps

MAP

51 to 100 of 1,128 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Aardvark's "To What Depths Would You Go For Freedom?" S&S Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.