Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Aardvark's "To What Depths Would You Go For Freedom?" S&S Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master Troy Malovich

Four unlucky souls find themselves press-ganged into the crew of the Wormwood.


501 to 550 of 1,128 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Sorry, Holgur, they searched you before you entered, and the other two men were already inside. You didn't see the daggers on the others until you were down in it.

Ciera:
The opening to the bilges is a trapdoor with a ladder leading down. Opening the trapdoor would be noticed, as would dropping in a dagger. She would be more effective actually slipping in herself. Roll a DC 0 Perception, with a -10 to your roll. If you succeed you hear the fight after the first round.

It doesn't take too long into the work in the bilges before Fipps has something to say, "Ye need ta work harder. We not be pullin all the weight here. Ah think it's time ya learned yer lesson, once an' fer all." He and Jape both draw their knives, and move to attack.

Init Rolls:
Ciera 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Holgur 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Fipps 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Jape 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Round 1:
Holgur -
Jape -
Fipps -

MAP


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 6 | BAB +2 CMB +5 CMD +17

I can't tell what is what on the map. I guess Jape is next to the exit. Did they get both of his daggers?

Obviously it is time to fight or die. Holgur lets his tanglefoot bag fly at Jape. Step to D4 and throw.

Attack
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

The J is Jape, and the F is fipps. The other icon is you. For the Tanglefoot bag, roll an attack vs Ref as 1d20+4

Balsooma and Kelly, since you were unable to get to the fight, you can roll/act for Jape and Fipps. I will PM you their important stats.


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 6 | BAB +2 CMB +5 CMD +17

So instead of player vs. player you are having them vicariously attack Holgur through NPCs? You are a very bad man, Aardvark. Or you are a very bad aardvark, I am not sure.

Thrown tanglefoot bag attack
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Is there water in the bilge and, if so, to what depth?


Human Rogue (Acrobat) 2 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 13] | HP: 7/11, 6NL | F+0, R+7, W-1 | Init: +4 |Perc: +4)

1d20 + 4 - 10 ⇒ (17) + 4 - 10 = 11

Ciera slips into the hold, unnoticed by the officers. As she nears the hatch, the sound of a struggle emanates from below.


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Holgur steps around the base of the mast and tosses a bag at Jaundiced Jape. The large bag bursts and cover the yellowish half-orc in a sticky glue. He is entirely entangled in the mess, unable to move very effectively.

Jape and the Tanglefoot:
Jape takes a –2 penalty on attack rolls and a –4 penalty to Dexterity. The goo becomes brittle and fragile after 2d4 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6 rounds, cracking apart and losing its effectiveness.

There is water covering the floor of the bilge, and it is only about mid-shins in depth. Jape is entangled, but not stuck to the floor because of it.

Round 1:
Jape (Balsooma) - entangled
Fipps (Kelly) -

Holgur - Threw a tanglefoot bag and hit Jape


Male Human Alchemist(Chirurgeon)-2 (AC: 15 (+4 vs AoO) [T: 13 FF: 12] | HP: 8/16 | F15, R16, W13 | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

Fipps circles the bilge clockwise, keeping an eye on big man. As the gap narrows, he lunges. (Move around to C3, staying far enough away to not provoke AoO)

dagger stab: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


AC: 14 [T: 11 FF: 13] | HP: 18/24 | F16, R12, W16 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 Male Human (Vudrani) Inquisitor 2

Jape lets out a: "Ugh, disgusting!" Before moving forward to E4 and slashing at Holgur with his dagger. "I'll feed you to the rats for that."

Dagger: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 3 - 2 = 12 - Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Human Rogue (Acrobat) 2 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 13] | HP: 7/11, 6NL | F+0, R+7, W-1 | Init: +4 |Perc: +4)

Where is the hatch and ladder on the map?


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 6 | BAB +2 CMB +5 CMD +17

Holgur takes a 5-foot step to F3 to avoid being flanked and tries to ignore the pain of his wounds. He saves his breath and says nothing as he throws a hard left hook at Fipps's head. Even if he misses Fipps will probably try to block with his right out of reflex and thus take his dagger out of offensive position.

I know if provokes an AoO, but what else is there to do but fight?

Attack
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Damage if it hits
1d3 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


Human Rogue (Acrobat) 2 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 13] | HP: 7/11, 6NL | F+0, R+7, W-1 | Init: +4 |Perc: +4)

Wait, I see it... D5 yes? Hope this makes some kind of sense....?

Ciera, hearing the noises from below, flexes her wrist to release one of her knives from its wrist-sheath (free action). Opening the hatch, she sticks her head through the space and seeing the situation, she whistles to attract attention.. "Hey Holgur, those're some mighty big bilge-rats ye be playin with. Need a knife?, with that she throws her dagger to the big man, flexing her other wrist to release the other dagger.

Not sure of rules for throwing a weapon to an ally. If there's a risk of hurting him she aims for the wall next to him so that he can pull the dagger free himself.

Either way? Attack(dagger): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

*(NOTE: Not dropping down into hold so should have cover?)*


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 6 | BAB +2 CMB +5 CMD +17

If possible to retcon then...

Holgur looks up and up and grabs for bladed salvation.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16"THANK YOU, LAD!"

new attack roll if needed
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

After Holgur hits Jape with the sack of goop, the angry half-orc moves in and takes a restricted swing at the man. Luckily for Holgur, the goop just barely slowed Jape's swing down, allowing him to avoid the bite of the blade.

However, when Fipps circles around the back of the mast and stabs at Holgur, he finds an easy opening at the man's back, allowing him to make a shallow cut.

Holgur, I assume you meant D3, since you can't 5' to F3, they are near each other on keyboard, and you can't hit Fipps from F3. Also, you can't retcon, because Ciera goes after you in init.

Holgur takes a risk, hauling off with one of the heavy fisted swings that brought Owlbear down, and opens himself up to a strike from Fipps in order to bust him in the nose.

Unexpectedly, the hatch above opens and Cieran tosses in a dagger at Holgur's feet for him to be able to use in the fight.

I'll allow you to hit the square beside Holgur with the AC 5 used to target squares with splash weapons. Picking up the knife is a Move action, that provokes an AoO.

Round 2:
Jape (Balsooma) - entangled Moved to E4 and missed Holgur
Fipps (Kelly) - 6 NL damage Moved to C3 and hit Holgur for 3

Holgur - 3 damage Provoked AoO, and hit Fipps
Ciera - Opened hatch, tossed dagger near Holgur, drew another

MAP


Male Human Alchemist(Chirurgeon)-2 (AC: 15 (+4 vs AoO) [T: 13 FF: 12] | HP: 8/16 | F15, R16, W13 | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

The aggressive move isn't surprising, but it is still enough to make Fipps flinch. He swings with the blade in response, but the flinch has thrown off his balence.

AoO: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 6 | BAB +2 CMB +5 CMD +17

After Fipps misses Holgur grabs Ciera's dagger and readies to attack back. Despite the burning pain of his wounds he fights on and strikes home. Fipp's blood sprays in Holgur's eyes as he forces the knife in.

Attack
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Damage
1d4 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Holgur, I think you are a little ahead. A quick recap of what has happened so far.

Round 1
You moved and Tanglefooted Jape
Jape moved and attacked
Fipps moved and attacked

Round 2
You unarmed struck Fipps
Fipps took AoO
Ciera threw dagger
Jape and Fipps still need to act in Round 2

Round 3
You can use the results you got, but it will provoke another AoO, and happen after Jape and Fipps take their round 2 actions.


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 6 | BAB +2 CMB +5 CMD +17

I will use the results for round 3.


AC: 14 [T: 11 FF: 13] | HP: 18/24 | F16, R12, W16 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 Male Human (Vudrani) Inquisitor 2

Jape struggles with the goo coating him, swinging wildly at Holgur.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 3 - 2 = 8 damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Human Rogue (Acrobat) 2 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 13] | HP: 7/11, 6NL | F+0, R+7, W-1 | Init: +4 |Perc: +4)

we're waiting on Fipps, Yes?


Male Human Alchemist(Chirurgeon)-2 (AC: 15 (+4 vs AoO) [T: 13 FF: 12] | HP: 8/16 | F15, R16, W13 | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

Seeing the weapon come in, Fipps makes a lunge for the big man attempting to keep him occupied while his friend does more work on him.

CMB check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Unfortunately the water in the bilges is slick and full of scum, and Fipps can find no good footing, he ends up spending all of his time just trying to keep his balance.

Sorry for the delay, but holidays and family took up my time. Happy Turkey day!!


Human Rogue (Acrobat) 2 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 13] | HP: 7/11, 6NL | F+0, R+7, W-1 | Init: +4 |Perc: +4)

Ciera swallows and, gritting her teeth, drops down into the hold next to Jape. Snarling she steels herself and slashes at the pirate.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving (for those that celebrated it).

Jape moves around to swing at Holgur, but the restrictive nature of the goo continues to cause a great deal of difficulty in getting a solid swing.

Fipps, hoping to keep the big man from picking up the knife that was just thrown nearby, decides to try and hold him still while Japes keeps swinging. He fails to grab Holgur, though, losing his footing in the foul ooze of the bilges.

This gives Holgur a chance to grab the thrown knife, bringing it to bear on the fat man, dealing him a cut that drops him to the deck.

Cieran, meanwhile, enters the hold, coming at the yellow-skinned half-orc. The young man, just manages to nick Jape.

Round 3:
Jape (Balsooma) - entangled, 2 damage Moved to E3 and missed Holgur
Fipps (Kelly) - 9 damage, 6 NL damage gets another AoO as Holgur grabs the dagger. Then goes unconscious.

Holgur - Picked up dagger, Hit Fipps for 9
Ciera - Moved to E4, hit Jape for 2

MAP


AC: 14 [T: 11 FF: 13] | HP: 18/24 | F16, R12, W16 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 Male Human (Vudrani) Inquisitor 2

Pumpkin pie!

Jape sees Fipps go down in the murky water of the bilges. He quickly moves to F4, to get his back up against something solid, before taking a swing at Ciera.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 - 2 = 3 - damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 6 | BAB +2 CMB +5 CMD +17

On his turn Holgur will step over Fipps to draw alongside Jape. F3 He pauses to smile at Jape and then says to Ciera "Pick a side and let's skewer this son of an orc-whore!" Then he stabs at the half-breed.

Attack
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
I forgot that Holgur's strength bonus is +3 instead of +2 so the above roll should be an epic 12 instead of a mundane 11.

Also, fighting is more enjoyable when the antagonists are personally known. And it was a good idea to have Balsooma and Kelly take over for Jape and Fipps rather than to leave them as spectators.


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Holgur, roll damage. You should have a +7 (+3 Str, +2 BaB, +2 favored enemy). Half-orcs count as humans for effects (one of those blessing/curse things). So you get the favored enemy +2 to damage on him as well.

As I said with the reefclaws, if your attack is over 10, unless seen otherwise as a miss, roll damage. Only avoid damage rolls if you've seen that number of higher miss earlier.


Human Rogue (Acrobat) 2 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 13] | HP: 7/11, 6NL | F+0, R+7, W-1 | Init: +4 |Perc: +4)

if Jape is still standing:

Ciera sways out of the way of Jape's badly aimed blow and takes a quick step to the side. (5' step to F5) "Give it up ugly. There's no way this is gonna end well fer you! (intimidate).

Intimidate: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Readied action If he moves to attack or move...
attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 41d6 ⇒ 2


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 6 | BAB +2 CMB +5 CMD +17

Holgur grabs onto Jape and throws all his weight onto the dagger's hilt to and twists it as he stabs the half-breed. "Die, you $&^%!" he spits as blood sprays in his face.

Damage
1d4 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Male Human Alchemist(Chirurgeon)-2 (AC: 15 (+4 vs AoO) [T: 13 FF: 12] | HP: 8/16 | F15, R16, W13 | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

After regaining his balance. Fipps see's the big man scoop up the knife to come after him. A quick thought strikes him. "HELP! Help us, the vermin have turned on us. They're trying to ambush us!!" At that he takes a quick swipe.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

The thrust is way off target, instead of piercing his foe he ends up impaled on Holgur's knife. The pain is overwhelming and he drops his knife as he passes out into the murky waters.


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

After Fipps goes down, Jape steps back and takes a failed swing at Cieran. Holgur follows quickly behind, stabbing violently into the half-orc's side. Taking advantage of the situation, Cieran steps boldly up to Jape, and takes a cold angry tone with him that puts a real fear of just what the young man would do.

Round 4:
Jape (Balsooma) - Shaken, staggered, entangled, 11 damage Moved to F4 and missed Ciera
Fipps (Kelly) - 9 damage, 6 NL damage, unconscious.

Holgur - Moves to F3 next to Jape , hits him for 9
Ciera - Moved to F5, Intimidates Jape

MAP

Ciera, you can't ready an attack. Both Intimidate to demoralize (think that's what you were doing) and Attacking are standard actions


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 6 | BAB +2 CMB +5 CMD +17

"Drop the knife! On yer knees!"

IF Jape complies Holgur will demand information. "What were you promised by Scourge and Fipps? Are they gonna try this with Balsooma and Kelly too?"


Human Rogue (Acrobat) 2 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 13] | HP: 7/11, 6NL | F+0, R+7, W-1 | Init: +4 |Perc: +4)

Ciera stands with her legs braced, ready to strike at the pirate if he makes a move.

readied action:

Kick 'im in the head! (non-lethal damage)
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 +1d6 ⇒ 1 = 5 total


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Beat within an inch of unconsciousness, Jape puts his hands up in surrender, dropping his blade. Leaned against the hull, trapped between Cieran and Holgur, he looks between the two in both anger and fear. As Holgur begins questioning the half-orc, he just moves his mouth and shakes his head, no sound coming out. Thinking about it, you realize you've never actually heard the man speak before.

Sorry, forgot to mention it in the stats I gave Balsooma, but Jape is mute.


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 6 | BAB +2 CMB +5 CMD +17

Holgur presses the knife against Jape's throat and says "Nod for 'yes', shake yer head for 'no'"

"Plugg and Scourge put you up to this? They planning the same for the others? They tryin' to go up against Harrigan?"


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Jape tries to keep up with the questions, but all he manages is a single nod at the first one, and then shrugs wide-eyed at the other questions.


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 6 | BAB +2 CMB +5 CMD +17

"Useless [expletive], get down on yer knees and just think before you nod or shake yer head!"

Anything you want to ask him, Ciera?"


Human Rogue (Acrobat) 2 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 13] | HP: 7/11, 6NL | F+0, R+7, W-1 | Init: +4 |Perc: +4)

"Does the captain know about this? Are you an' Fipps s'posed to git the rest've us too, or is someone else going s'posed to git us?"


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Based on his blank look, and the absent shrugs to every question presented to him, he doesn't seem to know much beyond being told to attack Holgur.


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 6 | BAB +2 CMB +5 CMD +17

while Jape is turned toward Ciera Holgur shoves the knife into his throat.

Coup de Grace attack
Attack
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 +2 for flanking and whatever else applies against a helpless opponent.

Damage
1d4 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Assuming Holgur kills Jape:

Spoiler:

"Ciera, you should get topside quickly. Just get to whatever you were supposed to be doing and act natural. There aint any need for both of us to risk bein' keel-hauled fer this. I'm gonna try to sneak out to the medic or see if Kelly has anything that can help my wounds."


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Apparently dissatisfied with Jape's answers, Holgur finishes the man off by driving the threatening knife into his neck. Jape flops against the hull, his life pouring from the wound. Both he and Fipps slumped against opposite sides of the hull, leaving Holgur and Cieran roughly alone in the bilges.

GM Rolls:
1d20 - 6 ⇒ (11) - 6 = 5,1d20 - 7 ⇒ (19) - 7 = 12


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 6 | BAB +2 CMB +5 CMD +17

"Ciera, you should get topside quickly. Just get to whatever you were supposed to be doing and act natural. There aint any need for both of us to risk bein' keel-hauled fer this. I'm gonna try to sneak out to the medic or see if Kelly has anything that can help my wounds."

Holgur searches the bodies for anything of value on them.


Human Rogue (Acrobat) 2 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 13] | HP: 7/11, 6NL | F+0, R+7, W-1 | Init: +4 |Perc: +4)

Ciera gasps as Holgur drives the knife into the pirate's neck "You didn't need t' do that. He was 'as helpless as a kitten in a sack. You didn't need to kill 'im!"

Taking a couple of quick breaths she looks up at Holgur with a little fear in her eyes. "OK, I'll try to get back without being noticed. I'll try to let the others know what's happened - you'll be lucky not t' get keelhauled fer this!"

With that she climbs up the ladder, peaks out and slips quietly back to the deck, hoping that no-one noticed her absence.

If a new sneak test is needed:

Sneak: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Oh ^&^#!


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 6 | BAB +2 CMB +5 CMD +17

"What else could I do? If I let him live he would have come back at me just as soon as he was able." The look of fear in Ciera's eyes wounds
Holgur a bit, so does the fact that he is probably right.


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Between the two of them Holgur can only find little of any worth. Jape was wearing a silver thumb ring, and Fipps carried five gold coins. He does find that the work in the bilges will be harder now that he's the only one doing it. Without sneaking away from his duties, he would be hard pressed to try and make it up to see Kelly.

Holgur has to make a Str check and afterward a Con check to avoid fatigue. If he chooses to try to see Kelly, he will be unable to Work Diligently.

Cieran manages to make it into the flow of work, sliding in unnoticed as Kelly has managed to keep up with the extra work left by Cieran slipping away. He actually managed to keep up nicely, and is probably why he was unable to follow in checking on Holgur.


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 6 | BAB +2 CMB +5 CMD +17

Strength
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Con
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

I am not sure what I am going to do. I will post later or tomorrow when I have some time.


Human Rogue (Acrobat) 2 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 13] | HP: 7/11, 6NL | F+0, R+7, W-1 | Init: +4 |Perc: +4)

When she gets a chance Ciera makes her way closer to Kelly and, in a whisper, let's him know what happened,...

"Trouble below decks. Fipps 'n Jape tried t' get the jump on Holgur. Sorted 'em both out but there might be trouble later. Best be ready."

If she gets a chance she passes the same message to any allies that she can.


Male Human Alchemist(Chirurgeon)-2 (AC: 15 (+4 vs AoO) [T: 13 FF: 12] | HP: 8/16 | F15, R16, W13 | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

"I am being glad that ye made it back alright. It seems though that we are being watched like a gull watches a gill. It seems that it might be known that something is up. With both the cat's paws bein stabbed, I think it be right that we fear its bite, and I doubt the Captain will lift a hand to stop it. In fact his tastes seem to run cruel but to the letter. Though Jape and Fipps meant to let his lifeblood flow, since there be a dead man in the hold, I be thinking the Captain's wrath may be provoked now, and the circumstance of whom began stabbing whom will matter little in his book. I fear we may all be needin to watch out backs a bit closer. Here take this, if’n you see Holgur before I, then give it to him, or yourself, in case you be needing it."

Kelly will hand one of his healing extracts to Ciera. He will also keep an eye out for activity around him to see if any additional strange activity seems to be taking place.


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Was waiting to see if anyone did anything else, then realized that there isn't much to do unless I continue. Sorry, been spending a lot of time reading old Superstar stuff.

Holgur slogs through the nasty work of manning the bilges, but manages to make it through fairly well. His two 'coworkers' each lay flopped against the hull on different sides of the mast, not likely to be lending a hand any time soon.

Everyone responds to the bell of the mast's clock, signifying the end of the work day, and makes their way up to the night's meal and rum. As Holgur emerges from below Plugg looks on with a scowl on his face, while Scourge looks expectantly behind Holgur as if waiting for others to emerge. Master Scourge mentions something to Kipper, the gunner's mate, who then dashes off below.

After a few minutes, Kipper returns, hauling Jape by the shoulders.... as a beaten and bruised Fipps carries the legs. As they arrive on deck, they walk to the middle and drop Jape in front of the gathered crew. Plugg, shrugs, before a wicked grin can just be seen touching the corners of his mouth. "Kipper, what is all this nonsense? What happend to Jape?" He hollers for attention.

Kipper just points at Fipps and waves as if to say, 'tell him'. Fipps stands forward, exaggerating his injuries, "Da tree of us were down below, Me an' Jape, an' Holgur." He points to the man "We was just working, as we's apposed ta, when the blaggard sez we's slowin' him down. Next thing ah' know, he jumps Jape, stabbin' him inna neck. Meanwise, his little boyfriend" he points to Cieran "sneaks in and hold's me arms. That's when the two of them ganged up on me. They knocked me out, and when I came to, they was gone."

As he speaks, the ship's doctor, Habbly Quarne looks over Jape's injuries. "It looks bad, but I think with some care he'll live." As Plugg is about to speak, Captain Harrigan's voice booms from the poop deck. "He's got two days. If he isn't up by then, he goes over the side. I don't have time for us to play hospitaler. Whoever this Holgur is, he gets a day in the sweatbox, and his boyfriend six lashes. If Jape dies, It's keelhaulin' for the first, and the sweatbox for the boyfriend." Considering the matter settled, he turns to walk back to the wheel.

At the Captain's command, the Bosun orders Holgur grabbed, and Cieran pulled to the mast for the whip. The crew holds Holgur in place, forcing him to watch Cieran get whipped before he himself is stuffed in the metal box that sits on the deck just between the two doors to the Captain's cabin.


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 6 | BAB +2 CMB +5 CMD +17

I guess I should not have assumed that Fipps would have drowned in the water or bled and that Jape was assuredly dead. Live, go into the sweatbox, and learn.

Holgur tries to yell a threat to Jape, Kipp, Scourge and Plugg but the forearm of some unseen crewman crosses his mouth as he is mobbed. The best Holgur can do is to bite down on it in a futile act of defiance.

After landing in the box Holgur manages to turn around, but just barely. He makes certain to face out through the little opening. A sailor once told him that one of the keys to surviving is to get whatever fresh air is available through it and to watch the action on deck. Whatever can take the prisoner's mind off this circumstances will help him survive. It looks like I learned a bit from reading the Gulag Archipelago, after all. And revenge Holgur mentally adds. Revenge.


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Fireday, 18 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

I was waiting to see if you checked on them or anything. Jape stabilized at -7 hp, and Fipps had taken enough NL from the start that the HP damage knocked him out but didn't kill him. I thought about the water, but it's only shin deep, and the last hit he took was from his front, with his back to the hull. The hit would have knocked him back to the wall and slumped against the rounded sides. He actually woke up 2 hours after the fight, and decided to stay still until you left. Had Japes bled out, you have been keelhauled for sure. This way you have two days to see if he gets well enough, before you know if you get keelhauled. Yay Pirate justice ;)


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 3 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 6 | BAB +2 CMB +5 CMD +17

Now I have the image of a judge with a patch over one eye and parrot on his shoulder sitting at his bench with a gavel in his hook-hand. "Aarrggh, ye be found guilty, mate. What say you, Polly?" The parrot would squawk "Polly wants a hanging, Polly wants a hanging!"

501 to 550 of 1,128 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Aardvark's "To What Depths Would You Go For Freedom?" S&S Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.