Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Aardvark's "To What Depths Would You Go For Freedom?" S&S Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master Troy Malovich

Four unlucky souls find themselves press-ganged into the crew of the Wormwood.


451 to 500 of 1,128 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Male Human Alchemist(Chirurgeon)-2 (AC: 15 (+4 vs AoO) [T: 13 FF: 12] | HP: 8/16 | F15, R16, W13 | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

Ahh, the familiar feel of bilge water. Kelly hasn't missed that stench one bit.

Climb 1 1d20 ⇒ 19

"Bilge water? Why bilge water?" Kelly mumbles to himself as he continues scaling the rope.

Climb 2 1d20 ⇒ 20

"You know, I probably hauled that water from the bilge myself. That would be just in the character of Scourge, make a man haul his own torment. He'd probably make you bring the ax to your own beheading too." Kelly continues his musings, and grumblings as he climbs, before he knows it, he's nearly to the railing.


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Toilday, 15 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Holgur and Kelly actually manage to make it over the rail at the same time, after Holgur's stall and Kelly's steady progress at the end. Riaris, after a steady stream of swearing, which just may include reprimanding for how long it took, moves the rowboat closer to the ship. Sandara does most of the rowing, considering she never managed to make it out of the boat in the first place, and they pick up Rosie on the way.

After changing out the teams, the four climbers now on deck, she tells the second team to get ready. She blows the whistle to get started and it begins. Both Conch and Cog get their hooks over the rail to catch, and quickly tie them off.

Conch's throw 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (14) - 2 = 12
Cog's throw 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (14) - 4 = 10

Grappling/Repelling rules revisited:
Grappling:
ranged attack
thrown weapon
range increment of 10' (so a -6 penalty to the roll).
The ship's rail is AC 5.
It is a move action to tie it off.
DC 15 climb checks to climb it.
Failing the check, you fall in and have to try again.

Repelling:
You are throwing rotting food, garbage, and buckets of bilgewater at them.
They are improvised weapons (-4 to hit) and do no damage.
If you hit them make a secondary attack against their Reflex with an additional -1 to the roll.
If the second attack hits, they fall in the water.
They are climbing, so they also lose their Dex bonus to AC.
You can only throw at someone climbing, while they are grappling or swimming, it is not allowed.

Defenses:
Conch) AC: 11 Ref: 16 Distance: 0' up
Cog) AC: 13 Ref: 16 Distance: 0' up

Balsooma and Ciera throw and tie first. Then take the first climb action. If you miss, then your next round action is to throw again.


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 2 | HP 21/21 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 5

Is hurling the slop bucket itself against the rules that were laid out for us in the briefing?


AC: 14 [T: 11 FF: 13] | HP: 18/24 | F16, R12, W16 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 Male Human (Vudrani) Inquisitor 2

First round
Throw: 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (14) - 5 = 9

Balsooma's hook clanks over the rail of the Wormwood. He gives it a couple of strong tugs to ensure its security, then quickly fastens it off on the side of the rowboat.

Second round
Climb 1st:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Climb 2nd:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Clambering over the side of the rowboat, he finds the seawater pleasantly warm - baking as it is in the morning heat. Hanging off of the rope by his hands, he lifts his feet out of the water, and tucks them over the rope. He then begins hauling his way up towards the rail. Knowing he won't be able to dodge any missiles that come his way, he doesn't bother turning around to look. Having handled the available "weaponry," he doesn't want any of it to catch him full in the face.


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Toilday, 15 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

You could throw your whole bucket, Holgur, but then you would be out of ammo.

As the lines get secured, Conch and Cog grab a hold of their ropes to start the ascent. Conch, having learned from Rosie's climb and dive, takes his sweet time making his way up the rope. Cog, however, seems unable to take his lessons to heart. He stresses and jerks at the rope, but gets nowhere fast. In fact he gets nowhere at all, and almost falls into the water, were he not still on the boat.

Conch climb 1 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15, climb 2 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Cog climb 1 (accelerated) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9, climb 2 (accelerated) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

After Ciera makes her rolls, then Kelly and Holgur can do their throws.


Human Rogue (Acrobat) 2 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 13] | HP: 7/11, 6NL | F+0, R+7, W-1 | Init: +4 |Perc: +4)

Annoyed at herself for failing to dislodge the attackers, and still blushing furiously, Ciera waits for the boat to draw close and then helps Rosie and Sandara over the rail.

When the new boarding party is ready, she swings the grapple experimentally a couple of times, and then launcehes it towards the rail. Quickly tying it off, she wobbles uncertainly on the small boat, but then manages to get purchase and makes her way upwards.

Throw: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (13) - 2 = 11
Climb1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Climb2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
(7.5m up)


Male Human Alchemist(Chirurgeon)-2 (AC: 15 (+4 vs AoO) [T: 13 FF: 12] | HP: 8/16 | F15, R16, W13 | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

Kelly is relieved to get to the ship, though a nice bath in the sea would have been a bit refreshing. As the others row into position he spends his time looking for good ammunition. He finds some mostly rotted fruit and a couple of spoiled melons, good shape and size to throw, will hold its shape, but not hard enough to do any real damage anymore. As the longboat comes about, Kelly's mind wanders again. Any engagement needs attackers and defenders, Kelly is no good at climbing rope, how he made up with no issues is beyond his reasoning, but since he made a good show of the climb, he better make a better show of dislodging attackers if he wishes to not be assigned to the boarding party.

As he comes to this conclusion, the whistle blows and the boarding team takes to action, Kelly pulls out his vial of greenish liquid, unstoppers it and drinks the concoction quickly. As the first grapples come over the railing, he can feel the elixir limbering his muscles, loosening them up. He then grabs a melon and looses it in Balsooma's direction as he begins chewing up the distance on the line.

ROUND 1

Drink Mutagen (Dex)

ROUND 2

Throw at Balsooma

To hit: 1d20 + 4 - 5 ⇒ (6) + 4 - 5 = 5

His first missile a bit more rotted than he supposed, the melon come apart in mid air, by the time it reaches Balsooma's location, it is nothing but chunks of sweet smelling mold and decomposed fruit, which falls to the sea to no effect.


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 2 | HP 21/21 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 5

Holgur roots about briefly in the heap of rotten fruit hoping to find a coconut. He has to settle for a fairly firm pineapple that seems like it will cause some harm. Once he has a good grip on it he dips it in the slop bucket to get some silage on it. Then he takes aim at Conchobar.

"Dinner time, runt!"

Attack
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

But his throw is off and the missile flies under the gnome and into the water.


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Toilday, 15 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Rosie, wet and miserable from her swimming failures, has only one target in mind. "Hey, you squid-limbed, scrawny whelp, you think you can get as well as you give? Or are you just a wet noodle like the one in your breeches?" She grabs up a nice weathered fish head, and lobs it at Cieran. The smelly lump just bounces off of Cieran's armor.

Sandara takes no real delight in the game, still irritated at her lack of ability to make any headway along the line. She picks a random piece and hurls it absently at the lead climber, which just so happens to be Balsooma. Her lack of concern shows in her throw, which ends up being a lazy lob his direction, passing harmlessly by him.

Rosie, attack on Cieran, 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 5 - 4 = 10
Sandara, attack on Balsooma, 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 3 - 4 = 8

Conch flinches at the throw that didn't even hit him, and as he's about to give a smarmy reply, he loses his grip and falls in the water. Unlike Rosie, he quickly recovers and makes his way back toward the boat. With him only being a little ways up, it's not far for him to swim back. Cog almost falls in as well, just from laughing at Conch while trying to climb, but quickly regains his composure, even though he still makes no progress.

Conch climb 1 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6, swim check 1d20 ⇒ 19
Cog climb 1 (accelerated) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3, climb 2 (accelerated) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Holgur 15' up
Cieran 7.5' up
Conch swimming, 5' out
Cog, no progress


AC: 14 [T: 11 FF: 13] | HP: 18/24 | F16, R12, W16 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 Male Human (Vudrani) Inquisitor 2

Climb 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Climb 2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Balsooma glances over to see Conch tumble from his rope and hit the water with an ungainly splash. He has to pause for a moment to stop the laughter from welling up at the gnome's fall. Then, securing his grip once more, he continues upwards.

I assume by Holgur in that last post you meant me. So, 22.5' up. Just over halfway.


Human Rogue (Acrobat) 2 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 13] | HP: 7/11, 6NL | F+0, R+7, W-1 | Init: +4 |Perc: +4)

Ciera tenses as a piece of refuse hits her, but fortunately bounces off with out making her lose her grip. Steeling herself to further atacks, she continues her way up the rope.

Climb 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Climb 2:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

22.5 up


Male Human Alchemist(Chirurgeon)-2 (AC: 15 (+4 vs AoO) [T: 13 FF: 12] | HP: 8/16 | F15, R16, W13 | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

Seeing the fish head bouncing off Cieran, it seems that the most advantageous shot is a follow up. Kelly grabs a nice rotted piece of...well he assumes it was fruit at some point, but it seems to have a good heft to it.

Throw 1d20 + 4 - 5 ⇒ (4) + 4 - 5 = 3

Still not having the hang of throwing the rotted food stuffs, and also not really having his heart into attacking his friends, Kelly's projectile again goes wide off its mark.


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Toilday, 15 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Balsooma, I hate to say it, but the 10 is a fall (failure by 5 or more on DC 15). Your second roll can be your swim check, which puts you only one swim check away from the rowboat.

Holgur you have one throw and one target.


AC: 14 [T: 11 FF: 13] | HP: 18/24 | F16, R12, W16 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 Male Human (Vudrani) Inquisitor 2

Oh, right. I guess then he does laugh enough to lose his grip and join the gnome in the drink.


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 2 | HP 21/21 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 5

"Have to settle for this then" Holgur says as he picks up an orange. "Hopefully, some of its juice will get in the runt's eyes and burn them."

Attack against Conchbar
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

The fatigue from lack of sleep is weighing heavily on Holgur's throwing arm and the orange goes wide of the mark.

"Ain't we got any rocks?"


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Toilday, 15 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Holgur, are you sure you want to throw at Conch swimming in the water? Also, your numbers seems off. BAB +1, Dex +1 (due to fatigue), Improvised wpn -4. I think you should be at a total of -2.

By the time it's all said and done, only Ciera remains on the rope, leaving both women only one target to choose from. Granted, it's who Rosie was throwing at anyways. She throws again, eagerly at Cieran, but only weakly deflects of his armor. Sandara almost doesn't even look like she's trying anymore.

Rosie, attack on Cieran, 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 5 - 4 = 10
Sandara, attack on Cieran, 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 3 - 4 = 6

Conch continues toward the boat, but Balsooma's splash offsets him and pushes him under. He quickly regains his bearings, and makes it to the edge of the boat. Cog, much like Sandara, just can't seem to make it along the rope at all.

Conch swim 1d20 ⇒ 2, second swim check 1d20 ⇒ 20
Cog climb 1 (accelerated) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10, climb 2 (accelerated) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Balsooma and Ciera climb round.


AC: 14 [T: 11 FF: 13] | HP: 18/24 | F16, R12, W16 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 Male Human (Vudrani) Inquisitor 2

Swim: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Climb: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Balsooma easily pulls himself through the warm ocean water to the boat, still laughing at Conch as he does: "You climb like a drunken chimp, it seems. Perhaps the captain should send you up first, to quell our enemies with laughter."

Having reached the boat, his laughter quickly sours to frustration, as he can't get a good grip on his rope: slipping back into the drink time and time again.


Human Rogue (Acrobat) 2 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 13] | HP: 7/11, 6NL | F+0, R+7, W-1 | Init: +4 |Perc: +4)

Ciera winces again as the refuse ricochets off the rope and hits her, splttering downwards towards the boat below. Steeling herself she continues her way upwards with determination, however, her hands start to slip on the rope and, before she knows it her grip loosens and she slides backwards down the rope, dropping into the sea and floundering.

Climb 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Swim: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Male Human Alchemist(Chirurgeon)-2 (AC: 15 (+4 vs AoO) [T: 13 FF: 12] | HP: 8/16 | F15, R16, W13 | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

Kelly finds Balsooma's laughter contagious and begins to guffaw himself, but only briefly, as his seriousness focuses him. He finds a nice good projectile, something that won't disintegrate mid throw, so he can maybe impart some sort of accuracy. Once he finds what he is looking for he settles back and readies his arm to throw at the next climber to make purchase on the rope.

Ready action: After a successful climb check.:

Not too concerned about order, just mostly posting my next turn now to save time.

Thow at target of ready action: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Ref Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Kelly's throw seems true, and he takes no pleasure in assailing any of the climbers here today. Except Cog, he would take just a bit of pleasure at dropping Cog into the drink.


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 2 | HP 21/21 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 5

Waiting for boarding party?


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Toilday, 15 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Riaris throws up her hands in frustration, a heavy string of profanities issuing forth from her lips. She makes some remark of the lot of you being born without thumbs, before she points to Holgur. "You, ugly f*&*, have the f&~~ing honor of leading these milk-sop s$&*s across to the next ship we haul up next to rob. Everybody! Get on the f&+&ing ship. I'm sick of your f+#@ing worthless asses."

She decides she's done with boarding training, and done with you all for the day.

Level up to 2. Noting changes in the Discussion thread, to not fill the game thread with OOC.
Also, take RUM and EVENING actions (you can do it after leveling to get the new bonuses).


Human Rogue (Acrobat) 2 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 13] | HP: 7/11, 6NL | F+0, R+7, W-1 | Init: +4 |Perc: +4)

Ciera cursed to herself and slowly swam to the small boat, hauling herself over its side and sitting down, drenched to the bone, on one of the small seats. Well that didn't go to well. Bloody slop all over the rope. She sat looking up at the looming ship as the rowboat drew nearer, absently curling the rope around her hands. I woulda made it if i'd climbed quicker! Like bloody Tanya back at the show. What was her trick? - She used to hook the rope around her leg like this and then use that to haul upwards with her other leg hooked around like that and,.. Yes. I think i can see how she did it. Maybe next time i'll show them a thing or two!

As the crew line up for their rations Ciera pokes Cog. "Well neither've us impressed 'er t'day eh. Bloody Riaris, what a f*&%ing hard taskmistress!"

Rum action: drink normally
Evening action: Influence Cog (act nice) - Bluff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 2 | HP 21/21 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 5

Holgur accepts his rum and rations quietly. He thinks about dumping the foul rum over the side. It's easy to do and he wonders why so many get caught doing it. But then he reflects on the day that he just had. It is as if Besmara spit on him for all the luck he had. Tempting fate right now does not appeal to him so he drinks his rum down as fast as he can stand it and heads off to his hammock. Tomorrow will have to be better than today was.

I am just rolling a stealth check to see what would have happened if Holgur had dumped his rum.
stealth
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Yep, good decision.


Male Human Alchemist(Chirurgeon)-2 (AC: 15 (+4 vs AoO) [T: 13 FF: 12] | HP: 8/16 | F15, R16, W13 | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

Okay, for some reason my action that I "posted" yesterday is not here, sorry for the brevity of this post, but I don't have the time right now to type it up with as much flavor as the original.

Kelly Drinks deely of his rum.
con dmg: 1d3 ⇒ 1
Addiction attack: 1d20 - 6 ⇒ (5) - 6 = -1

Kelly then move about talking to those who are at least somewhat friendly to the group, he ends up talking to Jack Scrimshaw. He talks with the boy about how he became part of the crew, and how he feels, being such a young man and being subject to such conditions.

influence Jack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

After the conversation ends, he checks on his fellow abductees, and Sandara to ask about her "group". He then turns in for the night.


AC: 14 [T: 11 FF: 13] | HP: 18/24 | F16, R12, W16 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 Male Human (Vudrani) Inquisitor 2

Balsooma laughs all the way back to the ship, constantly poking fun at Conchobar's ineptitude. The brief dip in the sea and physical exertion has helped him feel more refreshed, so he drinks normally from his tankard of rum, and spends the evening talking to Narwhal Tate about horrific tales of haunted pirate ships, cursed by Besmara's briny wrath.

Rum action: drink normally
Evening action: Influence(intimidate) - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Toilday, 15 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Cog is actually somewhat comforted by Cieran's complaints, nodding in agreement, and spitting in the master gunner's direction "I would love to punch her right in her loud face. Break her ugly crooked nose." His mood lifts as he contemplates punching the woman hard, and he looks like he's envisioning how it would all go down.

Kelly's inquiries into how Jack feels about the ship catch him a little off guard at first, but talking with Kelly about his opinion sparks a sign that he is comforted by being asked what he thinks.

Balsooma continues to convince Narwhal Tate just how much Besmara seems to be on his side, and Tam looks like he is ready to hitch his lines to a port that has Besmara's favor. Lately it seems that Balsooma is that port.

Days 15 & 16
The next couple days end up being nothing special. Wake, eat, work, Bloody Hour, eat, rum, and finally time to 'relax' with song and games.

No taking 10 allowed on work checks.

Holgur (rigger):
Make either a Profession (Sailor) -OR- a Dex check, DC 10. If you fail by 5 or more, you take 12 NL.

Kelly, Ciera (swabs)::
Make either a Str -OR- a Con check, DC 10. If you fail, you are fatigued. If you fail by 5 or more, you take 12 NL. This damage will cause Ciera miss rum/evening actions.

Balsooma (cook)::
Make either a Profession (cook) -OR- a Survival check, DC 10. If you fail by 5 or more, you take 12 NL.

Take 2 days worth of actions to include Work/Daytime actions, Rum rations, Evening actions.


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 2 | HP 21/21 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 5

Back up in the riggings Holgur stews in his own juices and grumbles about the work. This is duty for green sailors, not an experienced hand like himself. Despite his misgivings he loses himself in the work as the only way to pass the time.

Profession (Sailor) working diligently
1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 4 = 19

Then a thought strikes him. How long have we been on this damned ship, a month? No, less than that, it has been two or three weeks. Where in the Hells are we going? Are we just wandering, hoping to hit a plunder-ship by chance? Perhaps Harrigan is not the captain that he is made out to be.

Evening
When work is done Holgur eats his meal but finds that the smell of the rum turns his stomach. He decides to ditch his mug rather than drink it. Opportunity to rid himself of it comes when two other sailors seem about to come to blows over a game of dice. When the other crew members gather round to watch Holgur puts his mug where it is sure to get knocked over.

Stealth
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Nicely done he tells himself as some poor sot trips over the mug. Holgur reaches down to get it after glaring at the clumsy dupe then he goes over to watch the promised conflict. But the two sailors fail to entertain their fellows with blood once an officer shouts a warning from the stern of the ship.

With the promised of excitement dashed Holgur decides to get another good night of sleep and heads off to his hammock.

Day 2
Once again Holgur decides to lose himself in his work.

Profession (Sailor) working diligently
1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 4 = 18

Evening
And, once again, he decides to dump this his rum rather than drink it. Compared to the rum served on the Ravening Maw this takes like piss, or what he Holgur imagines piss would taste like.

Stealth
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

The key is to wait for a distraction. And one conveniently appears in the form of an albatross flying overhead. When the others crane their necks looking at it Holgur looks around slyly to see who is watching the crew. Since he sees no one being observant he dumps his rum on the edge of the deck. The foul liquid runs down the side without splashing into the water and making noise.

Evening
A squawking sound announces that the albatross has returned. It flies over the Wormwood and crosses back again. When it seems to be making a second pass there is a commotion on board. Maheen throws a belaying pin at it but misses and the pin clatters to the deck. Holgur rushes over when Maheen reaches for the pin.

"I'll shove that up your ass if you hit that bird, you [expletive] little c-_-_! Kill a [expletive] albatross and you curse the whole ship! Holgur is literally nose-to-nose with Maheen and his voice can be heard throughout the ship. For dramatic effect he makes certain that spit flies as he yells and lands on Maheen's face.

Intimidate
1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 2 = 24


Human Rogue (Acrobat) 2 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 13] | HP: 7/11, 6NL | F+0, R+7, W-1 | Init: +4 |Perc: +4)

Ciera:

Ciera sighs as she's given another day of duties as a swab. In the hot sun she soon works up a heavy sweat but, putting her head down, she manages to complete the tasks she's given.

That night she gratefully accepts her rum ration and food, and glancing around, notices "Ratline" sitting by himself. Walking over she sighs and takes a seat. "Bugger'v a day," she says as she sits down. "Who decides on these bloody jobs anyway?"

Day1:
Str 1: (working diligently) 1d20 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 4 = 10

Rum action: Drink normally
Evening action: Influence "Ratline" Diplomacy:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

The next day, despite working as hard as she can, the hot sun combined with the hard work combine to tire her and, by the end of the day she is exhausted.

After downing her rum ration and dinner, she stumbles back to her hammock and, almost immediately sinks into a deep sleep.

Day 2:
Str 2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Rum action: Drink normally
Evening action: Go to bed early


Male Human Alchemist(Chirurgeon)-2 (AC: 15 (+4 vs AoO) [T: 13 FF: 12] | HP: 8/16 | F15, R16, W13 | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

Day 1

Kelly is thrilled, back to the routine, back to the bilges, on his way to work he just thinks to himself, Scourge really is a son of a b!#ch. Complaining about it won't change it however, though it is cathartic. Kelly opens the hatch down and gets to work, sorting through the foul waters he has become all to familiar with.

Con Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Kelly decides that on some of his trips up to deck, hauling buckets, or going to relieve himself, he might take a chance to go exploring a bit, take a peek at some areas of the ship that might be left unoccupied during the day.

Perception check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

However his duties and the hustle and bustle of the ships activities are too much and he doesn't get a view of much of anything but more bilge water.

As evening approaches, he take his food and rum and enjoys a bit peace, as much as he can get, as he eats and drinks (normally). He then decides to spend some time with the crew at large and takes a few coins and begins gaming.

Gambling 5gp; Int Check: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 + 2 = 10

Kelly has a lousy night at the tables, even being good at the game he doesn’t fare well. So turns in to abate his sour mood.

Day 2

The next morning hasn’t done much to improve his temperament. Being the runner that day make his mood that much better. He focuses on his job, and on ignoring others.

Con Check; Working diligently: 1d20 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 4 = 13

He is barely able to make through the day, and only by concentrating on the task was he able to have any time to rest throughout the day, but not enough to do anything but prepare to keep running.

That night he decides to try his hand again at the tables after finishing his food and drink (normally).

Gambling 5gp; Int Check: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 + 2 = 10

His luck holds true as he flounders again, he decides the tables are not in his favor and instead goes to take stock of his materials and do what little alchemy he can before turning in.

Wow, really love those 2's today.


AC: 14 [T: 11 FF: 13] | HP: 18/24 | F16, R12, W16 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 Male Human (Vudrani) Inquisitor 2

Day 15

After the previous day's boarding practice, which - although he got a good laugh out of - treated him somewhat poorly, Balsooma is keen to be back to the usual tasks. Under Ambrose's guidance, he diligently spends the day in the galley, whipping together a fine meal for the crew.

Survival: 1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 4 = 12

Though the task presents some initial difficulty, Balsooma's experience and diligence pull through. The crew eats well that night. Balsooma retrieves his rum ration and his own sharevof the meal, then settles down beside Cog, engaging the violent man in gruesome tales of pirate boardings - many first or second-hand accounts he overheard growing up in The Shackles.

Rum - drink normally

Evening - Influence(intimidate): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Day 16

After the success of the previous day's meal, Balsooma figures that he can take some time off to banter with Grog while he's supposed to be working.

Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Compated to yesterday, this day's cooking is a breeze, so he finds plenty of excuses to step over to the quartermaster now and then: "We've been at sea...must be near two weeks now it seens. Is it normally this lomg between plunders? If Harrigan weren't nearly so scary a man as he is, seems like there'd be trouble by now."

In the evening Balsooma drinks his rum normally, but doesn't stay up much later. He trades friendly insults with Rosie for a little while, before a serious invasion of the yawns drives him to his hammock, the mocking crow of a wide-awake Rosie slowky fading from his ears.

Rum - drink normally

Evening - sleep


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Toilday, 15 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Day 15:

Ratline gives Cieran a mousy smile as he nibbles at his food, comfortable that the young man doesn't seem too threatening. He just nods and offers Cieran some of his food.

Cog, warmed up a little by Cieran's complaining, takes favor with Balsooma's stories of violence and killing.

Day 16:

After Holgur's tirade, Maheem seems a little more amicable, but he doesn't look like he's entirely been won over.

By dinner, there is no doubt that clear lines have been drawn. Those that have been less than friendly, collecting around Scourge and Plugg talking under their breath in angered words as they look your direction.

The others you have shown your force of will, good-nature, or godly backing to tend to gather around you all laughing and carrying on.

Day 17:

It's obvious around ship, that by breakfast's end, there are those that look like they couldn't possibly be swayed to the general opinion of Scourge and Plugg being vile men.

Any not yet Friendly or Helpful moved one step closer to Hostile. All Hostile can no longer be swayed. The lines have been drawn, and oddly, Cog seems to be the only one that isn't fully on a side yet.

Take Day 17 and 18 actions, Daytime, Rum, and Evening. The jobs you are given are always the following from this point on:

Holgur - Line Work:
Make either a Profession (Sailor) -OR- a Dex check, DC 10. If you fail by 5 or more, you take 12 NL.
Also, make a DC 10 Con check or you're Fatigued at the end of your shift.

Kelly - Man the Bilges:
Make a Str check, DC 12. If you fail by 5 or more, you take 12 NL.
Also, make a DC 10 Con check or you're Fatigued at the end of your shift.

Ciera - Hauling Rope and Knot Work:
Make either a Profession (Sailor) -OR- a Str check, DC 10. If you fail by 5 or more, you take 12 NL.
Also, make a DC 10 Con check or you're Fatigued at the end of your shift.

Balsooma - Cook:
Random based on Ambrose. Same as previous cook work spoiler.


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 2 | HP 21/21 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 5

The evil looks that the hostile crew members give to Holgur and the others are ever on his mind as he works the riggings again. Something is going to break and when it does the decks will be slippery with blood. With this in mind Holgur works the riggings with deliberation but he pauses every so often to take not of the other riggers and their actions.

Profession (Sailor)
1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 4 = 16 Working dilligently

Con check
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


Human Rogue (Acrobat) 2 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 13] | HP: 7/11, 6NL | F+0, R+7, W-1 | Init: +4 |Perc: +4)

Ciera continues her duties, seemingly unaware of the simmering tensions amongst the crew. She happily chats with anyone who approaches, but makes sure to always be aware of those who are increasingly allying themselves with Scourge and Plugg. With all the practice she seems to be learning the knots rapidly, however, by the end of the day she'd exhausted and, that night, she heads to be early.

The next day she finds the work easier, and that night, makes sure to "accidentally" sit next to Cog. "Well the food's muck once again," she says grimacing as she swallows a bite of food. "and still no sign of action. How long do ye' think it'll be before we see a nice lookin' sail?"

Day 17:

Profession Sailor: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Con (Working diligently): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Rum action: Drink normally
Evening action: Sleep early

Day 18:

Profession Sailor: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Con (Working diligently): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Rum action: Drink normally
Evening action: Influence NPC (Cog): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 2 | HP 21/21 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 5

Post continued...

Holgur takes his rum and drinks it normally because he feels eyes on him more than he normally does. He sees Ciera talking to Cog and does not want to interrupt them because the more allies they have the better. He looks about for Balsooma and Kelly. If he finds either of them he tells them of his concerns for what might well lie in the future.

"Do you notice tension building, more than normal? The bastards on this ship look like they are closing ranks with Plugg and Scourge. I have not seen much of Harrigan lately. I wonder if those two are planning mutiny against the Captain. If anything, I think that would be worse for us than the way things are now."

His oratory is unfocused and meanders. Maybe they are making things worse so that they can promise better things to their fellow mutineers. Now, you can easily tell that I am not the smartest guy you will ever meet. But, I saw a near-mutiny once before and, I tell you, it looked a lot like this before it happened."


AC: 14 [T: 11 FF: 13] | HP: 18/24 | F16, R12, W16 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 Male Human (Vudrani) Inquisitor 2

Balsooma continues with the routine. Having grown proficient at the task of serving up palatable food for the crew, he spends the next couple of days chatting away with Ambrose and Grok while he works. Although, even down in the ship's galley, he can sense the antagonism coming from those in the crew siding with Plugg and Scourge.

On the second evening, he ends up chatting with Holgur, though not after letting out a "Hey!" at Cieran's dismissal of his cooking ability.

"I don't know what it is. Something's on the wind though, it seems. Such grudges should be settled ashore. Bad for a boat to turn on itself. I heard tale of a ship that did just that: mutinied and fought to the bloody end. The next day the new captains found they couldn't even steer the ship. Starved themselves right into Pharasma's boneyard, they did."

Day 17
Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Rum: drink normally
Evening: sleep

Day 18
Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Rum: drink normally
Evening: sleep


Male Human Alchemist(Chirurgeon)-2 (AC: 15 (+4 vs AoO) [T: 13 FF: 12] | HP: 8/16 | F15, R16, W13 | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

So I weathered the Storm well here on the East Coast, power stayed on, unfortunately can't say the same for the internet. Lost cable/internet/phone service during the storm, hopefully will be restored soon, until then I can only post from work, so posts will be shorted and not as frequent.

Day 17:

The day starts out simply enough, but when work call is made, the subtle change in atmosphere is all to apparent, when the jobs are known, Kelly is none too surprised, but he moves off, and gets to work.

Strength check: 1d20 ⇒ 12
Con Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

The work is routine, but hostility in the air makes the ship that much more unbearable. He get the job done, but no more, and is exhausted from the effort. After taking in his food and rum he heads to his rack, his eyes closing shortly after settling in.

Day 18:

Another day begins, the oppressiveness is no longer new, but it is still just as present. Kelly heads to the bilges, to get a jump on his duties and try and slacken the work load.

Strength Check: 1d20 ⇒ 15
Con Check(Diligent): 1d20 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 4 = 13

That evening, his attention is caught by Holgur and Balsooma joins them as well. While eating and drinking, he listens to the concerns of his comrades, he adds, "I have naught any experience when it comes to mutiny, but I am an old hand when it comes to being on the receiving end of spiteful glares. The lines seem to be drawn, and we seem to be on the opposite side of it than Plugg and his ilk. The question seems to be, what are we on the opposite side of?" The night winds on, and the conversation disperses. Kelly contemplates heading to his rack once again, but his early start on his work means he is much less exhausted this eve, and doesn't think he will have such luck getting to sleep. He decides to give the games of chance again, and try one last time to earn back some of the gold he's lost in past few nights.

Gambling, 10gp: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 2 + 2 = 22

He seems to have much better luck with his bets tonight, he decides to wager more overall, but less at a time, and makes a series of successful small bets, by the end of the night he seems to have done pretty well.

If 10gp is too much, then it will just be the normal 5gp. Also I think I need get a DC from the DM, or at a minimum as pass/fail ruling, the results seem to be purely number based, but the success/fail portion of the check are based on a DC and I can't seem to figure out where that comes from, is it simply DM arbitrated?


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 2 | HP 21/21 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 5

Thanks to Sandy, I have no steady internet for the time being. Please DMPC as needed.


Human Rogue (Acrobat) 2 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 13] | HP: 7/11, 6NL | F+0, R+7, W-1 | Init: +4 |Perc: +4)

bump?


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 2 | HP 21/21 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 5

Sorry for the delay, family responsibilities have grown.

Holgur focuses on work and keeping a watchful eye on his fellow riggers, Plugg, Scourge etc...But, even so, he is distracted and spends more time keeping an eye out than doing good work.

Sailor work diligently
1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 4 = 13

If he avoids lashes he eats and looks for the other three to get their takes on the crew's doing.

Also, if he escapes lashes he will dump his rum at the best opportunity then turn in for the night.

Stealth
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Toilday, 15 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

Kelly, the DC for the base gambling will be 12 (base 10, adding the synergy for them having ranks in Perception). Max bet will be set at 5gp though, as they are lowly swabs with little cash they are willing to part with.

As the days become less noteworthy as different than the one before, you all find yourselves getting into 'comfortable' routines. Cieran is actually able to get Cog to truly appreciate the way your group thinks. Kelly is lucky enough to win some decent coin.

Day 19:

The next morning starts as normal, with the biscuit and job assignments, except for an odd change. Kelly is pulled off bilge duty, and sent to work with Cieran on hauling rope. According to Mister Plugg it's not getting done right, and he needs folk with stronger backs than that of Kelly.

Holgur gets pulled of rigging work, and told he will be working the bilges with Fipps Chumlet and Jaundiced Jape.

Kelly, use Cieran's spoiler above for rolls.
Cieran and Balsooma, regular work as usual
Holgur, doing anything before duty?


Male Human Alchemist(Chirurgeon)-2 (AC: 15 (+4 vs AoO) [T: 13 FF: 12] | HP: 8/16 | F15, R16, W13 | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

Kelly finds it very suspicious that Holgur is being stuck in the bilges, especially with Fips and Jape, a pair of Plugg's stooges. Kelly makes sure he is ready for trouble today. He dons his leathers before heading to duty today, and makes sure he has his pair of knives stowed on him as well.

Once he's prepared, he heads up to begin his day's task with Cieran. "I think this may be a set up, I think Plugg has bad things planned for Holgur this day. Why else would he stick a rigger down in the bilges with a pair of fools who have already shown ill favor toward us. We know they are his pets and what better place on this ship to have an accident with no one around to help, or argue what took place. I say we take turns checking on him down there today."

Daytime action:Shirk, exploring the bilges to keep an eye on Holgur
Stealth Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Profession Sailor: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 7 - 2 = 22
Con Check: 1d20 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 1 - 2 = 13

Kelly manages to easily do his work, and it doesn't tire him overly much, but he attracts all sorts of attention running from above deck, all the way to the bottom of the ship at the bilges.


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 2 | HP 21/21 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 5

We are of the same, suspicious, mind, Kelly. I smell a trap as does Holgur.

When Holgur is informed of the change in routine the hairs on the back of his neck stand up. Set-up for an ambush he thinks as he dons gets ready. He makes sure that he has both his daggers and is considering wearing his armor down there but then he remembered the heat. He also carries his tanglefoot bag with him, inside his shirt.

Before descending into the bilges he seeks out the others, especially Kelly. If he can reach him he will ask some questions.

"Kelly, they got me in the bilges with Jape and Fipps. Very likely, they want to get rid of me. I thought about going armored but the heat would probably wear me down. Is there anything down there that can be used as a weapon? Can you spare a bomb?"

more later


Human Rogue (Acrobat) 2 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 13] | HP: 7/11, 6NL | F+0, R+7, W-1 | Init: +4 |Perc: +4)

"I'll try to keep an eye out" Ciera whispers to Holgur after the new assignment is announced. "just try not to hurt 'em too much ay?"

As she goes about her tasks Ciera tries to slip away at various intervals, and keeps an eye out for any other members of the crew making their way below decks.

profession: sailor - 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
con: 1d20 ⇒ 16
sneak: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 2 | HP 21/21 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 5

Would it be possible for Holgur to conceal his flail or is too obvious for him to even consider?

Holgur gives Ciera a pat on the shoulder and grins. "Aye, lad. I have no intention of coming up feet-first."


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Toilday, 15 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

GM Rolls:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Hiding a weapon can only be done with light weapons. It would be a Sleight of Hand check (or Dex if you don't have the skill), with a +2 for a dagger.


AC: 14 [T: 11 FF: 13] | HP: 18/24 | F16, R12, W16 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 Male Human (Vudrani) Inquisitor 2

"Huh," Balsooma grunts as Holgur quickly relays his suspicions to him on the way below. "Captain wouldn't be too pleased for his crew to be winding up dead; they never are, unless there's a personal grudge on his part. You'd die in an accident then, it seems. I'll keep an ear out and a restless step."

Throwing together what he can for the ship's meal, Balsooma tries to shirk his duties often and step off down to the hold to make sure all is ship-shape, as it were.

Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12


Male Human Alchemist(Chirurgeon)-2 (AC: 15 (+4 vs AoO) [T: 13 FF: 12] | HP: 8/16 | F15, R16, W13 | Init: +2 |Perc: +7)

"There bein't much there. Make sure you grab a good sturdy bucket with a well fastened handle before you head down. I've seen a man's skull split asunder with a well swung bucket 'fore.

"Also, watch for spiders, I be thinkin Balsooma might be on to something, perhaps the company isn't do ye harm directly, but if they were to hold the hatch closed, whilst one was being drained by some venomous spiders, who would be able to argue that the death were accidental in nature?"

Speaking of hiding daggers, that reminds me.

slight of hand, right dagger: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 2 = 15
slight of hand, left dagger: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 2 = 26

Also here is a sense motive check, I will explain what it is about in the discussion thread.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Maps: SStar Starday, 22 Rova 4712 | MM Fireday, 14 Pharast 4714 | CotCT Toilday, 15 Gozran 4708
Actions not taken, are actions not performed:
You didn't say it, you didn't do it.

As Holgur heads to duty down near the bilges, he just 'happens' across Plugg and Scourge. The two men stop him, "Oh, what do you have here? Why would you be bringing a weapon down into the bilges. There's no need for it there. Scourge take these, maybe we will return them after your work is done." The two men wait until Holgur actually enters the bilges before they walk away.

During work Balsooma and Kelly both have a hard time slipping away to check on what may be going on in the bilges. Cieran though, easily slips through the ship, and even manages to keep Owlbear from yelling 'CHEESE!' as he sneaks past the big man.

Holgur (Perception DC 12):
the two other men you are working with in the bilges each have a dagger tucked hidden into their belts.


Male Human Ranger-Skirmisher 2 | HP 21/21 | AC 16 FF 12 T14 | Saves +5/ +5/ +1 | Init + 8 | Perc + 5

Perception
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

"My chums over there with knives in their boots must have missed yer instructions. 'Tis such a shame when crew disregard officers, ain't it?" Holgur points to Jape and Fipps as he speaks of them and his voice is loud enough for them to hear him.


Human Rogue (Acrobat) 2 (AC: 17 [T: 14 FF: 13] | HP: 7/11, 6NL | F+0, R+7, W-1 | Init: +4 |Perc: +4)

Aardvark:
What form of entry leads to the bilges? - steps, solid door, grate with ladder? - Would it be possible for Ciera to drop a dagger through?

451 to 500 of 1,128 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Aardvark's "To What Depths Would You Go For Freedom?" S&S Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.