Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

AZ's Kingmaker

Game Master Azure_Zero

Current Map
Current Game Date: Pharast 28th

Updated: 04/29/2014

Renders:


351 to 400 of 2,418 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Male Human Wizard 2

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Male Human Cleric 1

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Sense motive 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Rory:
You can see and sense that the bandits don't seem to notice you,
but now you feel they know your there.

Silstaren:
You see that the female bandit (AA-8) looked right into your eyes when the twig snapped. But after a second continues her chat with the others at the camp fire.

Everyone else:
You believe they don't know your there


Rory frowns as he whispers to those around him: I have a bad feeling about this. They look well-prepared, as if they've been expecting us. We may have lingered too long and they know something happened to the first group, or there could be foul play involved. Perhaps one of the captured bandits communicated with the base camp by magic. I say we should use the element of surprise and strike first, while we can.


Royston nods silently in agreement as Rory offers his plan.


Male Elf Ranger

Having isolated himself, Silstaren can't be part of that conversation.

The elf freezes and waits in the underbrush for events to unfold.

DM_AZ:

Spoiler:
Silstaren is momentarily paralyzed by the bandit's eyes. He is certain he's been spotted. When she shifts her attention back to the conversation, he's unsure if she missed him, or if she's coolly sitting as bait in a trap laid for the party. I hope Halloran gets that spell off soon before they can spring anything they've laid for us.


Though you'd enjoy this added flavor.


Male Human Paladin 1

Sir Eamon thinks a while before responding. He sighs. Attacking from surprise rankles the paladin, though he certainly understands its merits.

"Let me go in first," he offers in a whisper. "I will draw their attention to myself.


A little initiative won't hurt, I guess :)
Init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
As soon as Eamon strides forward, Rory uncorks a small vial with oily transparent liquid and downs it in one big gulp, before starting to wheel his slingstaff in the air.
Rory's first action - True Strike extract


Male Human Wizard 2

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

After Eamon moves forward, Halloran will start casting his Sleep spell, it will take him 1 full round to cast, so it should go off on his next turn.


Male Human Cleric 1

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 Initiative


Eamon wasn't acting unilaterally. He was asking the group. If no one objects, he'll act as he outlined.

Assuming no one objects, Sir Eamon will mount up and ride into camp at a trot, his naked sword in his hand, making no attempts to hide his presence.

"I am Eamon. I call on you now to surrender peaceably to the deputies of the Sword Lords. In the sight of Lord Erastil, I say to you, repent and live. Lay down your weapons now."

He will charge the first fool to reach for a weapon, intent on skewering him.

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19


Male Elf Ranger

Silstaren forms his mouth into an 'O' when he sees Eamon ride into camp. I thought leading with the sleep spell was better strategy. He's brave anyway. I hope he doesn't stumble into my line of fire.

He waits for the bandit's eyes to turn toward the paladin then sidesteps behind the bole of a tree and straightens up preparatory to firing.

Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

In the unlikely event that he goes before the enemy, he'll hold his fire until someone moves to attack Eamon. Once someone does, he'll fire at the most obvious threat who is not in melee with the paladin.

Composite Longbow (+2 Str) attack> 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 ... damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Evil GM grin


Male Human Paladin 1

One of two possible outcomes: I live and become famous for my bravery or I die and people say "Now I know why there are so few high-level paladins."


just as Eamon starts to move to do his speech,
something quickly flies to his feet, and gives a deafening bang.

Eamon + Horse, Fort save please.


Male Human Wizard 2

So much for the element of surprise, unless the bandits around the campfire radically change their location, Halloran will still be targeting the same square.


No, the bandits are shifting there locations right at the sound of the bang.

I'll put up the new map when I get a moment.


Male Human Paladin 1

Eamon's fort save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

horse's fort save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


Eamon, your horse is Ok, but now your deaf -4 penalty to perception checks


Perception checks please to find out where that thunder stone came from.


Male Elf Ranger

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

I can only hope my attack rolls are better.


Male Human Cleric 1

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22


Male Human Paladin 1

Eamon's Perception: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (6) - 4 = 2

The explosion of sound does nothing to alter the paladin's plans. If anyone draws a weapon, he charges.


Male Human Wizard 2

Pereception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15


Royston Hawkes:
You spot the source of the stone at V-7, on a platform in the trees

Halloran Westover:
You know the the stone came from the trees in U-6 -> X-12 area.

Eamon:
Your senses at the moment are so disoriented it feels like a hangover.
You should recover over an hour.


Male Human Wizard 2

Halloran will concentrate his Sleep spell on the three bandits he can see and leave the other bandit in the trees to the others. Any progress on that updated map?


Bandit's used the thunder stone as a distraction to spread out.
I'll post up the map soon, and Hopefully flykiller is better.


Male Human Cleric 1

Royston points up toward a platform in the trees in the square V-7 to show where the thunderstone came from.

"Surrender! The days of banditry here are nearing an end. This doesn't have to bloody."


New Map


back in action, thanks
Rory moves to CC17 through the undergrowth and releases a bullet from his sling staff towards the bandit on the platform pointed out by Royston.
Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 20 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 20 = 32
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Not sure about range/cover penalties


Male Human Paladin 1

Eamon dismounts and moves south.

Just realized the flaw in my plan to ready to charge: I can't use a greatsword and ride a horse at the same time.

Try to dismount as free action DC=20.

Ride check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Dismount as move action and move to BB13.


Male Human Wizard 2

Halloran will designate the female bandit, to be the target of his Sleep spell.


Willsave: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Looks like she's still awake


Male Human Cleric 1

Royston will cast bless on the group, granting a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects.


Male Elf Ranger

Thunderstone! Silstaren pauses to consider whether that constitutes a real attack on Eamon. The approach of the bandit into the brush near the elf decides him. It's a fight now.

****
Composite Longbow (+2 Str) attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 ... damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 shoot at EE10. Not sure about cover/concealment penalties. You may rule that I have to use the readied action posted above on Mar 9. 6 to hit, 10 damage.

Will be working major hours for the next 2 or 3 weeks. Posting minimally. Please DMPC Silstaren as needed to keep things rolling.


Male Human Wizard 2

On his turn, Halloran will use the arcane bond he has with his staff to recast the Sleep spell, same target, same save.


Confirm Crit from Silstaren 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 No crit.

Silstaren nails a bandit in one ear and out the other.

will save Bandit F: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Still awake

Bandit attacks
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 Hidden
1d100 ⇒ 10
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 ?Hidden?

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 Bandit 1 -> Eamon
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 Bandit F -> Eamon
damage
1d8 ⇒ 2 Bandit 1
1d8 ⇒ 2 Bandit F


Male Elf Ranger

Any visible bandits left who are not in melee? Where do we stand in initiative?


Male Human Wizard 2

Halloran will take a 5 ft. step, so he is directly behind Eamon.


And it looks like your not having any luck with the lady, Halloran. as she keeps making her save.


Male Human Wizard 2

I had noticed that, too bad I'm not an enchanter, maybe then she would fall for my "charms".


Male Human Paladin 1

Who's tracking damage, AZ? You or us?


If you track it, it'll help
Got a burst of RL work which is causing a slight delay


Round 2

if you track it put it at the bottom of a post i.e.

HP: Current/Max
AC: ??,T:?? FF: ?? CMD: ??


Bandit attacks
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 Hidden
1d100 ⇒ 27
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14 Hidden -> Halloran

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 Bandit 1 -> Eamon
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 Bandit F -> Eamon

damage
1d8 ⇒ 2 Bandit Hidden
1d8 ⇒ 6 Bandit 1
1d8 ⇒ 7 Bandit F


Male Elf Ranger

Silstaren drifts south through the brush as he refits an arrow to his bow string. Spotting another bandit he draws and looses.

Longbow aimed at V7 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 ... damage 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Status:
HP: 10/10
AC: 16 ,T:13 FF: 13 CMD: 17


Who's next?


Male Human Paladin 1

I don't understand what happened on the NPC turns.


Eamon, took 6 damage,
Halloran got 2 damage

351 to 400 of 2,418 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Solos Kingmaker Group 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.