Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

AZ's Kingmaker

Game Master Azure_Zero

Current Map
Current Game Date: Pharast 28th

Updated: 04/29/2014

Renders:


201 to 250 of 2,380 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human Wizard 2

So did we agree to the division of treasure I outlined in the discussion group? Are we giving Silstaren the bow? Are we selling or giving Oleg the remaining loot? Sorry to be a pain about this, I just want to be sure that we're all on the same page here and I haven't heard from Eamon or Royston. Also I think we're better off without a guide as well.

Well, if there's nothing else for us to deal with, I suggest we head on out to see if we can deal with their comrades, before they notice their friends here missing. Halloran turns to the new arrivals, with a nod for each as he addresses them.

Captain Kesten, Priestess Alkaid, I trust we can leave them in your capable hands?


Male Human Paladin 1
DM Azure_Zero wrote:
are you going to explore a hex or travel through it?

Explore. Please assume that as a default for each hex we haven't yet explored.

DM Azure_Zero wrote:

which nearby hex are you travel to or through?

(East, West, South East, South West)

East! For absolutely no good reason.

Halloran Westover wrote:
So did we agree to the division of treasure I outlined in the discussion group? Are we giving Silstaren the bow? Are we selling or giving Oleg the remaining loot? Sorry to be a pain about this, I just want to be sure that we're all on the same page here and I haven't heard from Eamon or Royston. Also I think we're better off without a guide as well.

I'm not sure we did agree. I'm for giving Silstaren the bow. I had previously said I wanted to sell stuff to Oleg, but maybe the first time out it would be good to establish good relations by gifting him the loot. We're sure to find more over time. Oleg and Svetlana seem like the most important people we want on our side just now.


Male Elf Ranger

Silstaren swings into the saddle, ready to follow the party.

As newcomer, I'll follow where the party leads.


Male Human Cleric 1

Sorry, I thought I had said my peace on treasure before. I'm fine with selling items to Oleg so long as he can't look right as it and realize it was taken from him. So far as dividing up stuff, I just wanted to make sure we kept the Stag Lord item so we could potentially use it later.


Male Human Cleric 1

Also, I agree we should explore every hex we go through, not just travel through it. That should save time and give us a better idea of what's going on in the region.


So exploring over heading to bandit camp, yes?


Male Human Wizard 2

Alright we have 2 who are for giving the items (3 longbows, 4 leather armors and 3 shortswords) to Oleg and 2 who are in favor of selling him the items. How about this for a compromise we "sell" Oleg the items, but instead of giving us cash up front, he extends us a line of credit in his store for the value of the items sold. That way it would be more like a barter than a sale, is that an acceptable compromise for everyone?

Halloran thinks we should prioritize heading for the bandit camp, but as long as we're heading in that general direction, he's not prepared to argue over it. So we should probably go South, since that's where the bandit said the camp was.


This idea is sound, but a tad overcomplicated. Could we try to give Oleg this bunch of loot as a gesture of goodwill, and try to negotiate a small discount for the future in return?

Regarding exploring, I'd say we should travel straight to the camp and explore on our way back, but if the rest of the party wants to explore now, so be it.


Male Human Paladin 1

Never leave potential enemies in your rear. It makes running away very difficult. Also, we may learn more during our exploration than if we hasten into what may be a heavily-armed camp.


Male Human Wizard 2

Alright, so are we all agreed on giving Oleg the left over items as a goodwill gesture?

Also if no one objects I'm going to offer Silstaren the composite longbow and 40 arrows, that should leave the four of us from the original group, with 40 arrows for Eamon, 2 Alchemist's Fire for Rory, a dagger for Halloran, the silver amulet which Royston is currently holding on to, 2 trail rations and 15 gold each. By my count that leaves us with 5 gold left over. I recommend we put that into the party fund, for emergencies, if everyone's O.K. with it, we can let Oleg hold on to it.


Halloran Westover wrote:

So did we agree to the division of treasure I outlined in the discussion group? Are we giving Silstaren the bow? Are we selling or giving Oleg the remaining loot? Sorry to be a pain about this, I just want to be sure that we're all on the same page here and I haven't heard from Eamon or Royston. Also I think we're better off without a guide as well.

Well, if there's nothing else for us to deal with, I suggest we head on out to see if we can deal with their comrades, before they notice their friends here missing. Halloran turns to the new arrivals, with a nod for each as he addresses them.

Captain Kesten, Priestess Alkaid, I trust we can leave them in your capable hands?

with a smile, she says

"I'll tend to the sheep, like a good shepard."


Captain Kesten:
reply to Halloran
"You can count on it being done, with the help of miss Alkaid of coarse."


Discussions on treasure should be in the Discussion/OOC thread.

Looks like explore, but only two spoke of the direction, east and south (southeast or southwest?).


Male Human Wizard 2

Halloran wants to head towards the bandit camp, he heard it was South so that's the direction he votes to go.


Here's the greenbelt map (without any game markers, so no spoilers)
Raw Greenbelt map

Due to Hex grid design just south does not exist,
South East, or South West?

I'll make an explored land version tomorrow.


Male Elf Ranger

"This a a wide empty land. If it rains the trail will be lost and it may be months before we can find this bandit camp. If you are serious about dealing with the bandit threat, we should follow them swiftly, but cautiously."

12 miles across each hex. Without a trail to follow we could spend days or weeks searching for the bandit camp. Say we follow the trail while exploring the hexes as we go, it will be slow, but we may find the camp before weather wipes the trail. We'll have a secure line of retreat and we can recon the camp before attacking.


Male Human Paladin 1

"I am serious about pursuing our commission. Banditry is an important, but ultimately secondary consideration to a proper exploration," says Eamon. "If there are bandits, we will find them eventually as we press south. In the meantime, I think we should explore the region north of the Thorn and Shrike rivers thoroughly before crossing the rivers. Do we know if this alleged camp is in that region?"


Male Human Paladin 1

Because I honestly don't know

My concern is that if we travel too far south, game logic dictates we will encounter things beyond our level. If by 'south', we mean a hex or two, fine. But if we're pursuing bandits to the edge of the map, that's almost certainly a bad thing for us.


Eamon, Knight of the Rose wrote:

My concern is that if we travel too far south, game logic dictates we will encounter things beyond our level. If by 'south', we mean a hex or two, fine. But if we're pursuing bandits to the edge of the map, that's almost certainly a bad thing for us.

Bandit Camp is within 4 hexes, get their early and it's easier, wait and it's harder.


Male Human Cleric 1

As the party explores the region, the cleric explains that the information given so far means that area of the map two hexes southwest of the trading post is a potential spot for the bandit camp.


I'm assume you headed south west?


Male Human Paladin 1

Sure


Male Human Wizard 2

Southwest works for me.

Speaking of dealing with bandits Silstaren, we recovered these from the last group we dealt with, can you find some use for them? Halloran offers him the bandit leaders composite longbow (STR +2) and 40 arrows.

If you can and no one else objects, you may use them as you see fit. Turning to Oleg, he gestures to the remaining gear 4 suits of leather armor, 3 regular longbows and 3 short swords. As the ones who suffered the most from these brigands, I think it only fair that you and your wife this last he says with a nod to Svetlana should receive their gear. However, mine is not the only voice in this group, so we'll have to check with my companions if it will be a gift, or exchanged for coin or goods.


Male Elf Ranger

SW sounds good, especially if Silstaren finds a trail leading that way?


Male Human Wizard 2

I'd say yes.


As you explore this area you come upon a moon radish patch with 4 kobolds moaning as if stuffed.

Do you go into the patch or avoid the Kobolds?


Woo hoo, the adventure is on again!
"I think we should leave the wretched things to their own devices and reach the bandits before they realize that the group they sent to Oleg is not going to return. But I must admit I'm curious what's going on there."


Male Human Paladin 1

Did we hear anything about moon radishes back at Oleg's?

"It will take only a moment to inquire," says Eamon, smiling at the ridiculous prospect of the diminutive draconics. "And we will be on our way."

Blissfully unaware of the language of kobolds, Eamon rides up to the moaning kobolds. ""Ho there, friends," he says in Taldan. "What ails you so? Are the radishes not to your liking?"


Male Human Wizard 2

Did Oleg accept the bandit's gear? since no one objected I'm assuming we gave it to him.

Halloran doesn't currently have Knowledge: Dungeoneering, would he know Kobolds speak Draconic? he does know that language.


Male Elf Ranger

Silstaren watches silently as Eamon rides toward the kobalds. He keeps his hands folded on the pommel in front of him trying to appear unthreatening, while his hands are scant inches from his bow.


As Eamon approaches they clumsily get to their feet and ready their spears,
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

and they just take a defensive stance.

one speaks

Draconic:
This is our radish patch, find your own.


Male Human Cleric 1

Royston slowly approaches the kobolds, standing beside the paladin with his arms held out to his sides and hands open to show he is no threat.

"We mean you harm," the cleric says in a calm, even voice. "We are exploring this area and looking for bandits that have killed some people. Have you see any violent humans coming through here?'


Does Rory know anything about the moon radish, its effects on kobolds and possible uses by humans?
Knowledge(Nature): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


@Rory Wanderbilt
moon radishes are used in moon radish soup.


Male Human Wizard 2

Halloran moves his horse near but not next to Royston and Eamon, if hostilities break out he doesn't want to be in the line of fire.

He then addresses the kobolds in Draconic, Forgive my companions Dragon kin, they do not speak the true tongue, we recognize that this is your radish patch and wish no quarrel with you. Have any humans passed by here on foot or on horseback?


Need a Diplomacy check


Male Human Paladin 1

Find out what's wrong with 'em.


Male Human Wizard 2

It's going to have to be untrained, so I think the best I can get is an 11.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Or maybe more.


Draconic:
Not near patch, but day before near sun up, heard horses go by.


Male Human Wizard 2

Halloran bows his head to the kobolds and says (in Draconic) Thank you Dragon kin you've been most helpful, if I may ask what Clan are you from?


Draconic:
Sootscale tribe.


Male Elf Ranger

Silstaren's roan takes a step forward and paws the turf.

He speaks some elven words in a low comforting voice and pats the horse's neck, but his hands stay close to the bow.

Elven:

Spoiler:
"Easy, Duneah." Duneah means sunset.


Male Human Cleric 1

Royston looks back and forth between everyone as they talk in languages he doesn't know. He works hard to make sure he doesn't offend the kobolds by seeming bored or upset.

I'll have to ask Halloran to teach me some of the languages of this region, the cleric thinks to himself.


Male Human Wizard 2

Halloran turns back to the group and says in common These are the kobolds of the Sootscale tribe, they heard some horses come through here yesterday. Did we have any other questions to ask them?


Male Human Cleric 1

"I suppose you could ask if ther are any dangers around here we should know about, maurading animals and the like."


Male Human Paladin 1

"I really think you should find out what ails them," adds Sir Eamon.


Male Human Cleric 1

"See if they need healing, I can help with that," the cleric says.

He takes a closer look at the kobolds, seeing if they have some illness or condition or if it's just overindulgence.

Heal check 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


@Roy
What ails them is They ate too much.


Rory stands with a grimace on his face, leaning on his slingstaff.
"Would you rather waste your efforts on lizards, knowing there is an assault on bandit camp in front of us? How merciful of you, Royston. I say, let's leave their precious radish patch and ride on."


Male Elf Ranger

Silstaren glances at the halfling. He says wryly, "If they tell us anything useful, his benevolence will have been worth it." Then softer, "But I agree with you. We should be moving on."

No pressure to move on from this encounter. RP it to your hearts content.

201 to 250 of 2,380 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Solos Kingmaker Group 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.