Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

AZ's Kingmaker

Game Master Azure_Zero

Current Map
Current Game Date: Pharast 28th

Updated: 04/29/2014

Renders:


751 to 800 of 2,418 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>

Vital Stats:
HP 12/12, AC 17, CMD 15, Touch 12, Flat 15, F +1, R +2, W +2, INIT +2, Perc +4
Human (Ulfen) Oracle 1 (Battle Mystery)

Place holder so I can see updates. Thanks for having me everyone :)


With the mite having lost it's weapon, Silstaren get an AoO
GMing it to speed things up so the recruits can get in.

Attack (AoO): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Nuts


Silstaren's turn
GMing it to speed things up so the recruits can get in.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Attack Crit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Damage: 1d10 + 5 + 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 + (3) + 5 = 17

Silstaren chops the mites head clean off.


Male Elf Ranger

DM_AZ can you roll for me all the time?

Silstaren looks at the two little bodies. "Mother hated those things." He looks up at Halloran. "We should be careful. They often roam in larger groups than pairs. I wonder if they took down your kobald friend."

Quickly scout area for signs of more mites or a fight:

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Survival 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Silstaren:
You find Kobold and mite tracks all over the place, and it does look like fighting did take place, but but parties did a withdrawn at one point.


Male Elf Ranger

Guess we should pick up the new party members?

Silstaren looks over the ground. "There was a fight here, two largish groups. The signs are pretty confused. The mites probably drove the kobalds off. They may even now be in pursuit or returning the retrieve these two. I would hate to face half a dozen with only the two of us. Shall we return to Oleg's?"


Male Human Wizard 2

Putting a hand over his wound and looking a little green, Halloran says That would probably be the smart thing to do.

Lifting his hand enough to peer at the wound, he asks Silstaren, could I ask you to tie this off for me? I don't want to waste a potion if I don't have to and I think I can hold out until we get to the fort. But I don't want to risk it getting infected.

In case it wasn't clear Halloran is asking Silstaren to use his Heal skill on him.


Male Elf Ranger

It's a longshot. I've really got to get a healer's kit.

Heal 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 5 - 4 = 2

Here let me dig that splinter out with my elven curve blade.


Let me roll

Heal: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Male Human Wizard 2

Thank you for that. Halloran says. He then casts Mage Armor on himself and mounts his horse.

Well, let's get going. he then turns his horse back the way they came and heads out.


Male Elf Ranger

Silstaren let's Halloran get a few paces ahead, then takes a running mount to catch up. He urges Duneah into a fast trot and smiles a challenge back to Halloran.


you both race back to Oleg's, and rest for an hour, an then you get up and you both walk to the gates and see a party approach from the north.


"Looks like Company."


Human Fighter (Free Hand Fighter) 2

Riding at the head of the band of misfits, Mikka is resplendent. His chain shirt is polished and his horse is freshly groomed and walks with a high step despite the long journey. His dark hair is swept back by the wind and his blue eyes shine. White teeth gleam from his grin and he speaks in a loud booming voice to the gnome riding beside him.

"And the bar maid says 'But it was huge when I found it!'" The man guffaws, even as the gnome looks somewhat embarrassed by the whole ordeal. "And look, my friends! I told you this path would see us clear to, what was it, Oliver's? Old Leg's?"


Male Gnome Sorcerer (Draconic: Red Dragon)/1

Buckwell looks up at Mikka's statement and sees the fort in the distance and thinks to himself "Finally! Maybe now I'll get some respite from Mikka's incesant chattering." He reaches down and pats Jynx's neck before flicking the reins and urging the little pony into a trot "Last one in buys the first round." he shouts over his shoulder.


Male Elf Ranger
NPC_Alkaid_ARG wrote:
"Looks like Company."

"Loud company at that."


Vital Stats:
HP 12/12, AC 17, CMD 15, Touch 12, Flat 15, F +1, R +2, W +2, INIT +2, Perc +4
Human (Ulfen) Oracle 1 (Battle Mystery)

"I believe it is pronounced 'Oleg's' Mikka."

The man who speaks is a young Ulfen, and it is obvious that he has only recently mastered the common tongue. His Skaldic accent is heavy in his mouth.

It is hard to say just how tall he his atop his fine horse, but it is plain that he has a light brown/dirty blond mess of hair and a matching beard. The man is close 27 years old and probably weighs about 189 lbs. His eyes are a cloudy, milk white that seem to stare through whatever the behold, but how much could that be?

He wears a maroon tunic with 3 quarter sleeves under an exquisite coat of burnished, silver, steel scales edged in polished brass. Around his shoulder's he wears a handsome blue cloak trimmed in yellow. Its hem is slightly frayed from travel. His loose black trousers end tucked into fine brown leather boots. A beaten wooden shield is slung across his back over a sheathed greatsword. Two bearded axes hang from his belt.

After his gently correction of Mikka, the man raises his gaze to the walls and scans the battlements. Seemingly oblivious to the fact that the occupants of the small fort are at the gates, he raises his voice in a shout of greeting.

"Hallo! Is anyone at home? We come in peace."


Buckwell it's not a good Idea to use that sentence or any similar sentence involving drinks near Alkaid, you'll go broke.

The doors before the approaching group are open and you spot three people at the outpost's doors. Two men and one attractive woman.


Human Fighter (Free Hand Fighter) 2

Mikka laughs at the gnome's stubby-legged jest and spurs Brightest onward, racing past the little pony. "Hail Oleg's! We have come to tame this wild land and bed your fair maidens! Let the ale be poured and the beds be made!"


Silstaren wrote:
NPC_Alkaid_ARG wrote:
"Looks like Company."
"Loud company at that."

Agreed

then after hearing Mikka's words
in a shocked voice and tone
"Excuse me, what did you say."


Male Elf Ranger

At the gate an elf, a handsbreadth taller than the average man and, although stout for an elf, as willowy and graceful as the deer in the forest, steps forward. Golden brown hair and deep blue eyes frame a long nearly gnomish nose and thin-lipped mouth. His cloak is of tight-knit wool with a mantle of deerskin over his head and shoulders.

Hod Ronoakson wrote:
"Hallo! Is anyone at home? We come in peace."

"I think you can safely assume that someone is at home, if not anyone. Welcome to Oleg's. You'll find our dear host in his emporium there."


Human Fighter (Free Hand Fighter) 2

"It's alright, pretty lady! My charms have that effect on women. Just keep breathing and the shock of my handsome face will pass. Now, where's this emporium? We have a charter to show Master Oleg." Mikka dismounts and murmurs a command of 'stay' to Brightest, then strides boldly into the Emporium, his hand on his hilt casually.


"I would say it's not the shock of your face,
but of your egotistical personality."


Human Fighter (Free Hand Fighter) 2

Mikka pauses as he heads into the Emporium to look back and smile at the pretty lady. "Whatever makes you feel better, princess."


Vital Stats:
HP 12/12, AC 17, CMD 15, Touch 12, Flat 15, F +1, R +2, W +2, INIT +2, Perc +4
Human (Ulfen) Oracle 1 (Battle Mystery)

The young Ulfen dismounts and approaches the Elf and the fair maid.

"Please excuse Mikka. He likes the sound of his own voice, and I am sure he will learn to be less boisterous with time. I am Höd Ronoakson. My companions and I were sent here to work toward the taming of these lands. I hope you represent the group that was sent ahead of us?"


"I think that's an understatement, and I hope he get knocked off his high horse sooner than later."

Alkaid looks like a Human(Ulfen) woman of about 6 foot 0 and around 200 pounds. She has a muscular yet boxum and curvy human build with comely features and pale skin. Her face looks attractive for a human. She has Golden eyes and lose Copper Red Hair that ends at her mid back.

She is wearing a Green mid Calf length skirt, a white short sleeved shirt and a Green bodice that assists with her figure


Oleg:

as Mikka walks to the south western building, Oleg comes out of it.
"I'm Oleg, owner of this place."


Male Half-Orc Rogue 1 (Thug)/Barbarian 1 (Urban Barbarian)

Bringing up the rear on a dark brown stallion is a well muscled man who bears unmistakable Orcish blood. His green-gray skin is bared from the shoulders down to better show off his physique. Despite the savage reputation of his heritage, this half-Orc has a canny and intelligent look about him. His eyes are a red-flecked brown and his hair, oiled and pulled back into a ponytail, is also red. Tusks, capped in bronze jut up out of his mouth. His clothing is predominantly leather, glossy and well-cared for complemented by a bronze torc around his neck and a pair of bronze bracelets.

"Well, Mikka, took you a lot less time than we expected to make enemies in the Stolen Lands. Looks like you owe me a silver crown, Buck." says the Half-Orc to the Gnome with a grin. He turns his grin on the lovely woman at the gate. "Asok is my name, and we are pleased to have arrived safely. Your hospitality is very welcome after the long road we have travelled."


Human Fighter (Free Hand Fighter) 2

"Greetings friend Oleg! I am Mikka Restokov, itinerant champion. I am accompanied by comrades who have been chartered to map and subdue the wilds of this land. I understand that I am to present my charter to you?" Mikka holds out his copy of the charter and strikes a heroic pose.


Elaine simply says "HEllo Oleg I am Elaine Fisher. " Elaine then turns toward Alkaid and says [b]" I just hope he doesn't try that on someone's wife and then unnesecary blood is shed.


Male Elf Ranger
Höd Ronoakson wrote:

The young Ulfen dismounts and approaches the Elf and the fair maid.

"Please excuse Mikka. He likes the sound of his own voice, and I am sure he will learn to be less boisterous with time. I am Höd Ronoakson. My companions and I were sent here to work toward the taming of these lands. I hope you represent the group that was sent ahead of us?"

"The mage Halloran is all that remains of the first group. Captain Garess leads a small military force sent by the Swordlords."


Elaine Fisher wrote:
Elaine simply says "Hello Oleg I am Elaine Fisher. " Elaine then turns toward Alkaid and says " I just hope he doesn't try that on someone's wife and then unnecessary blood is shed.

"I think he would just to prove a point, I'm Alkaid."


Male Human Wizard 2

At the mention of his name Halloran steps forward and addresses those next to Alkaid, That would be me, welcome all of you to Oleg's Trading Post, I'd have to check with our host's wife Svetlana, but I believe your just in time for dinner.

Halloran is slightly above average height, with the build of someone who keeps an active lifestyle. His long brown hair is pulled into a ponytail and his beard looks like he forgot to shave for a week or two, but his grey eyes are bright and intelligent looking.

He's dressed plainly in trousers, shirt and boots, with a pair of daggers sheathed at his belt and a tall well made quarterstaff, which he always seems to keep close at hand.


Elaine asks Silastren "Do you know what caused the causlties?"


"It's more like either a disappearance and one leaving a note saying he had somewhere else to go."


Vital Stats:
HP 12/12, AC 17, CMD 15, Touch 12, Flat 15, F +1, R +2, W +2, INIT +2, Perc +4
Human (Ulfen) Oracle 1 (Battle Mystery)

"How long have you been down here? What have you found out so far?"


"The day I arrived, I've been looking after the lost sheep."


Male Gnome Sorcerer (Draconic: Red Dragon)/1

Buckwell dismounts from his pony and looks over the fortress, the red streaks in his orange hair seem to ripple as he bobs his head up and down in quiet fascination before sweeping those assembled with his ice blue eyes. As he makes eye contact with each person you notice strange gold flecks which seem to float randomly about the colored portion of his eyes.
"I'll put that silver towards the drinks you owe for being so tardy, Asok."
"A pleasure to meet you, Mistress. I'm afraid I didn't catch your name. Lost sheep did you say? Let's hope we're not the ones to get sheared."
Buckwell then turns toward the dour looking elf "Why so grim, Master ??? Have no fear for we have arrived to tame this land. You are more than welcome to join us if you wish"
Turning to Halloran he notices the bloodstained bandage "Run into a spot of trouble, did you? You'll have to tell us all about it. A mage did you say? Never went into the book learning myself but I do have a bit of the Power as well. We should talk over a drink."
"Master Oleg." Buckwell says as he walks up to the trading post's owner "I am Buckwell Bertious Burrowholm and I and my companions have been sent by the Swordlords of Restov put a halt to the depredations that various bandit bands have been visiting upon the trade routes along the southern border as well as to complete a survey of the Greenbelt and it's environs."

Welcome to the Tour de Force that is Buckwell


Male Human Wizard 2

After Buckwell's introduction, Halloran watches him leave with a bemused look on his face, That should be interesting. he murmurs to himself, about they're upcoming talk.

Turning back to Elaine and Hod he says, Not so much casualties, or disappearances, he says this last with a nod to Alkaid, as departures.

I came here a little over a week ago, with 4 others a human paladin named Eamon, a halfling alchemist named Rory, a cleric of Desna named Royston and a strange fighter with a strange weapon and an even stranger accent. I can't remember his name he didn't last long.

When we first got here, a local group of bandits was forcing Oleg to pay extortion. We laid an ambush for them and captured a group of them, then tracked them back to their camp and captured the others. Silstaren, joined us for the second part. he says indicating the elf.

A few of them got away, and one or two of them died, none of them gave up without a fight, but the survivors were brought back here, so Alkaid could convince them there's better ways to make a living than preying on others.

She's been fairly successful, this last is said with a respectful nod from Halloran to Alkaid, with her sheep, as she calls them. Most of the people around the fort are in fact reformed bandits. The ones who aren't are Oleg and Svetlana, the proprietors of this trading post and Kesten Garess and his 4 men, who were sent by the Swordlords to provide security. For future reference if they're carrying a weapon around here, they probably aren't a bandit.

Aside from that we haven't done much in mapping the Greenward, we've mostly been too busy dealing with bandits. We've explored a small part of it, mostly to and from the bandit camp, encountered some kobolds who we managed to talk to and some mites who we couldn't, that's how I got injured by the way. he says gesturing at his bandaged side.

Incidentally Alkaid, he says turning to the priestess,if you could do something about that I would appreciate it.

Turning back to the others, he continues his story, There's not much left to tell, the others of our group drifted off for reasons of their own, until it was just Silstaren and me. Which is why we're so happy to see all of you, but as far as I know they're all fine. I won't say there are not dangers out there, as I can personally attest. he says touching his bandage as an example, But, we've managed to overcome everything so far, I see no reason you can't do the same, particularly if we combine our talents. You don't object to us working together do you? he asks this last with an inquisitive look on his face.


"That does look like a bad leg wound"

she casts cure light on Halloran.
She cures 10HP

Cure and Inflict spells are under a house rule
where they are a static number;
Light: 10
Mod: 20
Serious: 30
Critial: 40


Male Elf Ranger
Buckwell Burrowholme wrote:

...

Buckwell then turns toward the dour looking elf "Why so grim, Master ??? Have no fear for we have arrived to tame this land. You are more than welcome to join us if you wish"
....

"Not grim, sad. No doubt Eamon, Royce and Rory were as eager and hopeful when they and Halloran came down from Brevoy. They are gone having made barely a mark. This land is wild and barren to most and can discourage their heart. To those with an eye to see it, it is beautiful, but fragile and doomed."


Human Fighter (Free Hand Fighter) 2

"Fragile it may be, but I daresay it's wholly markable. I myself tend to leave an impression wherever I go. Right, princess?" Mikka strides out after having duly presented his credentials to Oleg. "Now, the past is past and all the other men have fallen by the wayside. Fortunately, with the gnome, Demon-Throat, Hod, the lovely Elaine and myself, we have quite the band of heroes to help lay this land low as the Sword-Lords intended. Hoorah, hooray, let us celebrate, blah blah blah. So, I understand you have drink and food and I am certainly dry and hungry. Shall we eat?"


Vital Stats:
HP 12/12, AC 17, CMD 15, Touch 12, Flat 15, F +1, R +2, W +2, INIT +2, Perc +4
Human (Ulfen) Oracle 1 (Battle Mystery)

"Thank you Halloran. I am sorry for your set backs, but I can tell you we are here to work. Shall we discuss tomorrow's plans over a meal?"


Male Human Wizard 2

Thank you Alkaid. Turning to the Ulfen he says, An excellent idea Hod, when Svetlana is ready why don't we do just that.

To commemorate the event, Halloran will retrieve a bottle of alcohol from his stash to serve at dinner, not the green herbal liquor, the other stuff.


You mean the from the crate of various liquors, Grin

Creating 2nd Recruitable NPC.


Male Half-Orc Rogue 1 (Thug)/Barbarian 1 (Urban Barbarian)

Asok chuckles at Buckwell. "We'll call it even then." he says as he dismounts from his horse. "And a meal and a drink sounds perfect. Thanks, Halloran was it?" Asok offers to shake the Wizard's hand. "Mighty decent of you. Don't find much decency in the River Kingdoms. Here's hoping we can add a little more with our group being here."

The Half-Orc leads his horse to the stables and unsaddles him, setting him up with some feed and brushing him down. He returns to the group with his backpack in one hand and saddlebags in the other, and the saddle itself over his shoulder. He drops them all in a convenient corner before joining the rest at the table.


Male Human Wizard 2

Halloran accepts the offered hand and gives it a firm shake, Yes, Halloran is my name and I believe you called yourself Asok, a pleasure to meet you.

Halloran will set the bottle he retrieved, down on the table, if everyone has glasses or mugs he'll pour, if not he'll pass it around.

Now I should warn you in advance, we retrieved this from the bandit camp we attacked, I don't know where they got it from or even what it is. So I can't vouch for the quality of the drink, I can only offer it to you freely, in the hopes that you enjoy it.

After everyone has had a serving, one way or another, Halloran holds up his share and says, A toast, to new friends and old, may both prosper in all they set out to accomplish.

Who's the second recruitable NPC? I know the first one was Alkaid, but I can't think who the second could be.


Jhod Kavken:
"Looks like the number of people here have grown again, Nice to meet you all, I'm Jhod Kavken, a priest of Erastil."

she was hinted at.


Elaine says "Thank you for being kind enough to offer Halloran."


Human Fighter (Free Hand Fighter) 2

"Nice manners, Hod! And you lot call me rude!" Mikka laughs and tosses back his toast!

751 to 800 of 2,418 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Solos Kingmaker Group 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.