Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

AZ's Kingmaker

Game Master Azure_Zero

Current Map
Current Game Date: Pharast 28th

Updated: 04/29/2014

Renders:


451 to 500 of 2,418 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Male Elf Ranger

Pretty sure this belongs here.

Rory Wanderbilt wrote:

Rory sends yet another bullet at the bandit threatening Halloran and Eamon, before continuing to circle around the battlefield behind the logs.

[dice=Attack]22
[dice=Damage]1
[dice=Crit confirm]16
[dice=Crit Damage]8
Move AA12->DD10


Thanks! Silly me! :oops:


Male Human Wizard 2

That should leave us with 2 bandits, the one in the trees and the one that's hidden. Royston's channel should put me at 0.


Royston Hawkes wrote:

The cleric moves to CC12 and channels a burst of healing energy, excluding the bandit in Y9 or whatever bandit is standing up or alive in the area. Royston activates his Agile Feet ability again to avoid difficult terrain.

Healing 1d6

50/50 Chance Bandit at EE10 gets healed and back up.

GM notes:
Chance(Lower = bandit lives): 1d100 ⇒ 3


Round 8


The bandit 1 falls

Bandit attacks
--------------------------
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12 Hidden -> Silstaren
1d8 ⇒ 8 Hidden -> Silstaren
--------------------------
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19 Tree -> Silstaren
1d8 ⇒ 5 Tree -> Silstaren

Silstaren 5 Damage


Male Elf Ranger

Have we any idea where the hidden bandit is shooting from? (I presume it's an archer?) Even if it's just something like "west of the party on the line from FF7 to A21"? Did bandit at EE10 put himself back in the fight?

Silstaren steps back to get a better angle on the archer in the tree. Move to DD9

If EE10 is back in the fight, then Silstaren will spin to cut him down again. Curve blade v. bandit in EE108 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4... damage 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Or If EE10 stays down, Silstaren pulls a hammer from his belt and throws at the bandit in the tree. Hammer 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 3 - 2 = 18... damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Status:
HP: 4/10 (3+6-5)
AC: 16 ,T:13 FF: 13 CMD: 17

Just realized that in Saturday's post I accidentally kept the +2 on my attack for charging when I shouldn't have. (only a 5' move)


Male Human Wizard 2

Since Halloran is currently at 0 hps and can't move without putting himself at negative hps, again. He'll probably just stay where he is, he will however try to make a Perception check to see if he can locate the hidden bandit.

Perception check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16


Male Elf Ranger

A perception check is a good idea.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


Male Human Cleric 1

Royston moves to Z12, using his Agile Feet ability as a free action, and unleashes another healing wave on the party, excluding the Bandit in Y9.

Healing 1d6 ⇒ 4

Don't forget to include the bless I did for everyone on round one


Better late than never, I guess :)
Rory moves out into the open to get a clear shot at the tree bandit.
Move DD10->BB7
Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 1 = 25
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2


the bandit in the tree is down


Male Human Wizard 2

Were either Silstaren, or I able to spot the hidden bandit?

Since Halloran is at 4 hps, and no one is currently threatening him, he will stand up.


I'll allow it.


Male Human Wizard 2

What's our status? with Bandit 1 and the bandit in the tree down, I think the only bandit who's still standing is the hidden bandit who we haven't been able to spot yet.


All bandit's down, except the hidden one, and maybe another?


Male Human Wizard 2

I think we're going to need a new map. Either that or another Perception check, maybe both. We can't move against a threat if we don't know where it is.


Can't show what is hidden, unless someone spots it


Male Elf Ranger

Let's rule out one option.

Silstaren whacks the bandit in EE10 to make sure he's down.
Curve blade v. bandit in EE10 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10... damage 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

(added no bonuses for prone, etc)


was that a non-lethal attack, or a lethal one?
and attacking him is meta-gaming,
unless you have in-game reason to smack him.


Male Human Cleric 1

Royston looks around for any more bandits that want to continue the fight.

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Male Human Wizard 2

Halloran will also scan his surroundings.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10


Male Human Paladin 1

Is there a new map?


Male Elf Ranger

Retconning the whacking of EE10.

Silstaren trots back to his bow, scoops it up, and slides into the brush.

How has the hidden bandit been attacking? Presumably with a ranged weapon of some sort? Have we seen arrows or whatnot whizzing by or sticking in trees or the ground?


the arrows came from the west through the trees


Male Human Wizard 2

Halloran will check on Eamon, to see if he's still alive.


Male Human Cleric 1

"Is anyone hurt? I still have some healing."


Male Elf Ranger

"I am yet injured, but find cover for yourself first. We must deal with this last bandit."

Sitting at 4/10 hp.


Male Human Wizard 2

Halloran will drag Eamon to K1, where Royston can tend to him without having to worry about bandits.

It's good to have a cleric.

Royston, if we plan to take any prisoners back with us you might want to check to see which bandits need to be stabilized.


Male Elf Ranger

Silstaren yells, "Bandit! Would you talk?"


Male Human Paladin 1

Eamon picks up his sword and stands, somewhat painfully.

He also tries to spot the bandit.

Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14

________________________________________________________
HP: 4/13
AC: 16 ,T:12 FF: 14; CMD: 16


Male Human Cleric 1

Royston pulls everyone back from the woods, so his healing doesn't accidentally help one of the bandits. Should one of the unconscious forms be within his area of healing, he'll exclude them.

Healing done 1d6 ⇒ 5


Silstaren wrote:
Silstaren yells, "Bandit! Would you talk?"

You hear no reply, at all and wait 2 minutes for one.

GM notes:
1d20 + 5 + 4 - 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 4 - 5 = 20


Male Human Cleric 1

"Everyone else might have run away. If I was the only one left, I'm not so sure I'd fight all of us alone. I'd either go for help or wait until we fall asleep."

Royston looks around the area for any sign of bandits.

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Male Human Wizard 2

Well, either we go look for him or let him go, but we might want to check to see if any of these are left alive. Halloran says gesturing at the downed bandits.

We might also, want to search the camp. Halloran also looks around.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


you look around and there is not much,
a cart containing a few pelts and a purse with some coins.

GM:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

while you all look for the hidden bandit in the westward direction, and check most of the bandits near the fire.

GM:
Perception(Hall): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Perception(Royston): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Perception(Eamon): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Perception(Silstaren): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

When you decide to check Bandit @ EE10, he is gone, using the hidden one's arrow attacks as a distraction to flee.


Male Elf Ranger

I'll get in on Royston's channel if that's OK. HP ==> 9/10

After waiting tensely for the hidden bandit to reply and hearing nothing Silstaren checks the fallen bandits to see if any have survived. He lays aside any weapons they still have, then after asking the party whether they care about survivors, attempts to staunch their wounds.

Pretty sure that Eamon will vote for patching them up. Heal checks if needed (no healing kit) :

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15,1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17,1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7,1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14,1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

When he checks the bandit in the tree, he retrieves his hammer.


Male Human Paladin 1

Eamons' face is grim. "This is not Oleg's. We have no facilities for prisoners. If they live and will not immediately forswear banditry, they must be put to the sword. Yet if they will forswear, we should let them go. Few will return to their old ways after this defeat. Any who do will be killed on sight."


Male Elf Ranger

A little surprised by Eamon's pragmatic attitude, Silstaren nods. "I took you for a starry-eyed idealist. Out here prisoners will indeed put us a great risk. Good."

The elf returns to his task of checking the fallen.


Male Human Paladin 1

"Idealist, yes. Starry-eyed, no," says Eamon.

One can be the good guy only to a certain extent before the class becomes unplayable or unbearable to others. Eamon is going to remain firmly committed to good and law, but as has often been said, good is not stupid. Another way to look at it is that he is as dedicated to law as he is to goodness. Both our charter and the laws of the River Kingdoms make banditry a crime punishable by death. Giving them a chance to forswear their past is pretty darned lenient as it is, I think.


Male Human Wizard 2

Halloran will raise an eyebrow at Eamon's grim statement, but say nothing.

Assuming that any bandits still capable of moving have fled the area, Halloran will start searching the downed bandits. Separating them from any weapons, armor or valuables, that Silstaren might have missed.


Male Human Cleric 1

The cleric of Desna nods at the paladin's statement.

"Freedom from harm and foul intent is the basic need of all travelers. Those who would take that away harm civilization itself. We should strive to make this a place where an old woman with a sack of gold can walk from one end of the land to the other without fear of theft or worse."


"Well, that means you're halfway to a sensible man.", Rory adds.
"I don't like that one of them feigned dead and ran away, but I hope he wasn't the leader. Let's see if we can find something about this Stag Lord the bandits mentioned."
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


Well you crushed this camp, and
3 out of 4 of the bandits our barely alive, and the other is dead.
Silstaren figures they will be out for 3-4 days.

more than enough time to drop them off at Oleg's outpost, were they can be held in that tower and redeemed by Alkaid.


Male Human Wizard 2

Once he finishes with the bandits, Halloran will go check the cart, in addition to seeing what's in it, he'll check the cart's condition as well.

Carpentry check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


Male Elf Ranger

Silstaren observes, "The cart could be useful for transporting the prisoners."

The elf keeps an eye out for any sign of the two escaped bandits.


Male Human Wizard 2

Turning back to his companions, Halloran asks Are we going after the ones who got away or letting them go? If we're letting them go, I suggest we get our horses and make camp here for the night.

Pointing at the dead bandit, Halloran says We can bury that one and he says gesturing at the wounded bandits load the rest of them up in the cart and take them back to the fort in the morning.

Dropping his hand, Halloran looks around the clearing, We should probably keep a double watch up tonight in case any of their friends come back.


Male Elf Ranger

Let me see if I can track them.

Silstaren starts with the bandit he shot. (EE10) He searches the ground and brush surrounding the body looking for footprints or traces of passage.

Perception : 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Survival (track) : 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


@Silstaren

you find and follow his tracks,
but he's a smart one, he went into a nearby river with a stone bed to cross.
Leaving no way to know where he got out of the river.

(12-feet wide, 4-feet deep)


Male Elf Ranger

Silstaren tells the others that he's found the trail, but it quickly runs out in the river. His shoulders slump in defeat and annoyance.

"This river will cover his traces. Few could follow him beyond here, but my craft is not sufficient to the task. Halloran's plan is wise. Double watches tonight and carry the bandits back in the cart in the morning."

451 to 500 of 2,418 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Solos Kingmaker Group 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.