Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


AZ's Carrion Crown AP (Inactive)

Game Master Azure_Zero

Going to run all six modules for the Carrion Crown AP.


401 to 450 of 788 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

It is a strong focus for many good churches. My own included. I would stake the Lady of Graves detests the risen even more than Imodae. I am confident the father will let us use the equipment

Daniel turns to head up the stairs...


Half-Elf Spirit Ranger 7 (HP 60/60; F+7, R+7, W+4 (+1 vs. Arcane); AC 18, Touch 12, FF 16; Perception +14, Sense Motive +2, Initiative +2)

Janos collects the items from the cache into his pack, making sure the darkwood case is particularly secure. When he's finished, he follows Daniel's lead back up the stairs.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Rogue/1

Mat looks around with a disappointed look and mutter, "Great tools to battle undead." He shrugs and follows the others towards the stair making sure he is behind Rhia so he can admire her figure as she ascends the steps.


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Coming Rhia?


Female Human Oracle of Ancestors 1; 10/10 HP; AC:13 [17] Touch 13 FF 10 [14]; F +2 R +2 W +4 (+5 fear); Init +2; Perception +4 (+6 undead/ can percieve ethereal undead)

With a nod Rhia ascends the stairs, a small, somewhat amused smile playing across her lips as Mat waits for her to reach a few steps higher before following.


As your walking through the restlands,
you hear
"KLAATU...BARADA...NIKTO"
and it seemed come from everywhere.

GM:
1d100 ⇒ 54


Half-Elf Spirit Ranger 7 (HP 60/60; F+7, R+7, W+4 (+1 vs. Arcane); AC 18, Touch 12, FF 16; Perception +14, Sense Motive +2, Initiative +2)

Janos looks around in fear. "Oh s&#!. Run!" He begins sprinting back toward the town.

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Not sure for the alarm, but not recognising the words, Daniel matches Janos pace.

Perception1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Grand Lodge

Male Human Rogue/1

"What the hell was that?" Mat says looking around for the source of the voice. He turns back to the others and sees Janos and Daniel running towards the gates of the Restlands. He looks to Rhia and says, "Why are they running and should we be running too?"

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Daniel pauses mid stride. His other two companions 30ft away.
Spread out as they were, unlikely to all be hit by a single attack or volley.
Hold Janos. What was that?


Half-Elf Spirit Ranger 7 (HP 60/60; F+7, R+7, W+4 (+1 vs. Arcane); AC 18, Touch 12, FF 16; Perception +14, Sense Motive +2, Initiative +2)

Janos pulls up and turns to look at his companions who weren't running. "I don't know for sure, but those sounded like words of power. And coming from all sides like that, I didn't think it was a good idea to stand around looking for something. Words like that, coming out of nowhere, it isn't usually something you want to stick around for."

Knowledge, Arcana 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Female Human Oracle of Ancestors 1; 10/10 HP; AC:13 [17] Touch 13 FF 10 [14]; F +2 R +2 W +4 (+5 fear); Init +2; Perception +4 (+6 undead/ can percieve ethereal undead)

As the ominous words echo through the crypt, Rhia is aware of her companions' flight, yet as she listens she seeks the telltale signs of activity touched by the unliving.

Knowledge religion1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

As Mat asks his question she seems to not even hear it as she utters a breathy whispering incantation that sets her supernatural senses alight, a new awarenes radiating outwards seeking the vacuous cold that indicates the presence of the undead.

Detect undead


No undead activity registering.


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Let's head back but remain 20ft in apart in a box formation


Female Human Oracle of Ancestors 1; 10/10 HP; AC:13 [17] Touch 13 FF 10 [14]; F +2 R +2 W +4 (+5 fear); Init +2; Perception +4 (+6 undead/ can percieve ethereal undead)
DM Azure_Zero wrote:
No undead activity registering.

And the words?


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

My 20 perception pick up anything?


Daniel Arrisen wrote:
My 20 perception pick up anything?

Nope

For the words, who ever was saying them might have mispronounced the words.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Rogue/1

"Ok, its official. I really don't like this town. Professor dies from whispers..... a haunted prison is close by..... We break into a tomb with possible undead infestation..... and now a strange disembodied voice coming from everywhere.", muttering to himself Mat adjusts his rapier and makes sure it is loose in the sheath. He cast a wary eye about at his surroundings making sure there are no zombies sneaking up on the group. "Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to come into the graveyard at night. Who's idea was it anyway?", Mat says loud enough for the others to hear. Subconsciously he moves closer to Rhia placing himself between her and any potential zombies attacks. His knees slightly bent, posture relaxed but ready to react to any sign of danger.


you now hear from everywhere
"clatu verata nictu"

GM:
1d100 ⇒ 65

Grand Lodge

Male Human Rogue/1

Mat drops into a fighter's crouch and reaches for his rapier. "Alright, I think it is time we leave this place.", he says in a stern whisper as he nervously looks about for the source of the voice.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


Half-Elf Spirit Ranger 7 (HP 60/60; F+7, R+7, W+4 (+1 vs. Arcane); AC 18, Touch 12, FF 16; Perception +14, Sense Motive +2, Initiative +2)

Janos looks up and around for the source of the voice again. "So I suggest we run again. Or at least beat a hasty return to the town."

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Janos begins a hurried walk back to the town. His head moves from side to side, watching for any sign of where the voice is coming from.


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Allright. Everyone let's go. 15 ft apart. Hustle back.


Rhia:
your detect undead spell goes nuts showing multiple undead

Janos:
you sense something is wrong in the air and in the ground.


Female Human Oracle of Ancestors 1; 10/10 HP; AC:13 [17] Touch 13 FF 10 [14]; F +2 R +2 W +4 (+5 fear); Init +2; Perception +4 (+6 undead/ can percieve ethereal undead)

It looks as if we've learned all we can here." Rhia responds, following the others out and maintaining the suggested distance.


Half-Elf Spirit Ranger 7 (HP 60/60; F+7, R+7, W+4 (+1 vs. Arcane); AC 18, Touch 12, FF 16; Perception +14, Sense Motive +2, Initiative +2)

"Something's not right here. The air, the ground. It's..." Janos shakes his head and he continues to walk at a brisk pace. "I don't know what, but something is very wrong."


suddenly the dead rise from the ground, and there's lots of them.


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Everyone! Circle around me quickly.


Female Human Oracle of Ancestors 1; 10/10 HP; AC:13 [17] Touch 13 FF 10 [14]; F +2 R +2 W +4 (+5 fear); Init +2; Perception +4 (+6 undead/ can percieve ethereal undead)

Wait you're telling me detect undead didn't register anything and now we're suddenly surrounded by undead? It takes 3 ft of dirt to block the detection.


Half-Elf Spirit Ranger 7 (HP 60/60; F+7, R+7, W+4 (+1 vs. Arcane); AC 18, Touch 12, FF 16; Perception +14, Sense Motive +2, Initiative +2)

"Yes. Very wrong, indeed." He glances at the group as he lifts his axe. "So running. That was a decent plan, huh?"

Initiative, I assume? 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15


The first time the words were spoken it had no effect the second time it did, look in the spoiler above with your name.


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Initiative1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15

Knowledge:Religion to id the undead1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

By Imodae's grace, you will get back!
Channel to Harm DC151d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Daniel continues to move back to town. Don't letthem surround us


Half-Elf Spirit Ranger 7 (HP 60/60; F+7, R+7, W+4 (+1 vs. Arcane); AC 18, Touch 12, FF 16; Perception +14, Sense Motive +2, Initiative +2)

"Daniel, lead them out of here. Go! Go! I'll cover the rear." Janos circles around the group, hacking at any undead who comes close, while trying to move with the group too.

Favored enemy time


Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

The undead within 30 of Daniel are injured in the light of his positive energy burst.

Daniel:
you see mostly Skeletons, zombies, but you spot a Huecuva and a Skeletal Champion

and your in the center of the graveyard, no where to run as they surround you on all sides


Female Human Oracle of Ancestors 1; 10/10 HP; AC:13 [17] Touch 13 FF 10 [14]; F +2 R +2 W +4 (+5 fear); Init +2; Perception +4 (+6 undead/ can percieve ethereal undead)
DM Azure_Zero wrote:
The first time the words were spoken it had no effect the second time it did, look in the spoiler above with your name.

Totally missed that, sorry


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Rd 2

With everyone surrounded they needed a path out and to prevent themselves getting flanked. The military experience takes over.
Form a tight square. Slashing weapons for zombies, Blunt for skeletons. Janos, Cut us a path out. Move together.

Hopefully! With his allies forming a tight box to prevent flanks, they move as one towards town, Daniel Channels again, hoping Imodae will fell enough undead to break out.

Move: 20ft towards town, Standard:Channel, DC15, only the Huecuva has turn resist1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Female Human Oracle of Ancestors 1; 10/10 HP; AC:13 [17] Touch 13 FF 10 [14]; F +2 R +2 W +4 (+5 fear); Init +2; Perception +4 (+6 undead/ can percieve ethereal undead)

Round one

A ghostly whistling echoes through the crypt as the swirling mists gather around Rhia's hands, coalescig to form a well made bastard sword, the weapon seeming exceptionally massive weilded by her delecate frame.

Her eyes seem to shine with an internal light, her voice lifting above the howl of the spirits swirling around her as she chants, a shimmer spreading along the weapon.

Move action, summon ancestral weapon, standard action cast Weapons Against Undead


Half-Elf Spirit Ranger 7 (HP 60/60; F+7, R+7, W+4 (+1 vs. Arcane); AC 18, Touch 12, FF 16; Perception +14, Sense Motive +2, Initiative +2)

Janos nods as Daniel takes command of the group. He hefts his long handled axe and slashes at a zombie in the direction of the town.

Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Damage 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Knowledge Check on what we're facing and possible tactics to escape 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 feh

Can we have an idea of how many we're facing? 10? 100?


Rhia, both those actions are standard actions,

it looks like about 20-24 undead

and since cure light wounds are a static 10 HP due to house rule, are a powerful attack spell vs undead.

Waiting on Mat's action.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Rogue/1

Mat is frozen in place by the sight of so many undead but the sound of Danial commands snap him out of it. He quickly moves in the position indicated by Danial and readys his rapier for the coming attack.

Mat attacks any undead that get within range of his rapier or attack Rhia. Readied Action.


the undead close in with zombies going in first

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 @Dan
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 @Rhia
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 @Janos
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 @Mat

1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 @Dan
1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 @Rhia
1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 @Janos
1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 @Mat

Dan takes 6 damage
Rhia takes 8 damage


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

2 channels now. Stuff should be dropping...
Rd3
Focus your attacks. We need a path out.
Channel to Harm Undead 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

With the undead being subjected to 3 powerful channels, Daniel prays to see enough fall.
Imodae protect us.


Half-Elf Spirit Ranger 7 (HP 60/60; F+7, R+7, W+4 (+1 vs. Arcane); AC 18, Touch 12, FF 16; Perception +14, Sense Motive +2, Initiative +2)

Janos continues to hack at the zombies, concentrating on the one he had hurt earlier.

Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Damage 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


Janos kills a zombie


Female Human Oracle of Ancestors 1; 10/10 HP; AC:13 [17] Touch 13 FF 10 [14]; F +2 R +2 W +4 (+5 fear); Init +2; Perception +4 (+6 undead/ can percieve ethereal undead)

previous actions take 2 rounds

rnd 3

Heavily wounded from the Zombie attack Rhia swings Requiem at the zombie before her, the enhanced blade slicing through the rotting corpse effortlessly, the severed halves falling to the floor.

1d20 ⇒ 19
1d10 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Crit confirmation
1d20 ⇒ 16
1d10 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Do we have any escape routes opening after 3 channels. Metagame knowledge says 3 channels for 6(3 saved), 7, 6= 16. Many skeletons (4hp) should have dropped. The zombies have 12 hp.


Half-Elf Spirit Ranger 7 (HP 60/60; F+7, R+7, W+4 (+1 vs. Arcane); AC 18, Touch 12, FF 16; Perception +14, Sense Motive +2, Initiative +2)

This is going to be very bad if we have to try to cut our way out.


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

I agree. Times like this I wish we had a map. Or that channel healed living and harmed undead at the same time. There are only 2 creautres who should still be up or at least enough fallen to make a break. I am gonna have to heal us next round with me and Rhia wounded so.


Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

And Since Rhia crited and rolled High, she slices through 2 zombies

I need actions from Mat (and the readied attack rolls) then it'll be round 3

Grand Lodge

Male Human Rogue/1

Readied action attack
Rapier Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Rapier Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Round Two Attack

Rapier Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Rapier Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

As he attacks the zombies Mat moves to a better position to aid Rhia.


1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
and 8 zombies and 2 skeletons go poof,

the undead close in again

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 @Dan
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 @Rhia
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 @Janos
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 @Mat

1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 @Dan
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 @Rhia
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 @Janos
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 @Mat

5 Damage to Janos
8 Damage to Mat

Rhia kills another zombie

Need janos and Mat's round 3 actions

401 to 450 of 788 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / AZsCarrionCrown_Act:I All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.