Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

AZ's Carrion Crown AP (Inactive)

Game Master Azure_Zero

Going to run all six modules for the Carrion Crown AP.


301 to 350 of 788 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Alendru Ghoroven:
"Ah, the late Professor.
I can't help you much on the Necromancy front as It's not my field of study,
but these notes do raise concern, and I would recommend that you don't show it to anymore people unless you can really really trust them."

I am assuming you showed the journal, and it's highlighted notes


Half-Elf Spirit Ranger 7 (HP 60/60; F+7, R+7, W+4 (+1 vs. Arcane); AC 18, Touch 12, FF 16; Perception +14, Sense Motive +2, Initiative +2)

Janos nods. "Thank you, Mr. Ghoroven. We appreciate your time. Hopefully our concerns turn out to be nothing at all, but we do appreciate you speaking to us."

Once they've left the teacher, Janos looks at the others and says, "I think it's time we do some investigating outside of the library. Who's up for a midnight walk in the Restlands?"


Alendru Ghoroven:
"If you going to investigate the flase crypt, I would talk to father grimbrow about it and get his permission."


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Daniel leaves with the others, bidding the Mage farewell.
I want to apologize for wasting time. I had hoped he would be more helpful than that. Though, he has a point. Perhaps we should be more trusting of the good father and seek entrance to this false crypt.
The eradication of undead certainly falls within his charter, so I'm inclined to think he would help.


Half-Elf Spirit Ranger 7 (HP 60/60; F+7, R+7, W+4 (+1 vs. Arcane); AC 18, Touch 12, FF 16; Perception +14, Sense Motive +2, Initiative +2)

"No, it was a good thought. If this is a cabal of necromancers, however, maybe we do need to Father Grimburrow's help. Besides, you've already made a good impression on him. Perhaps we ask him for permission to enter the Restlands and investigate Petros' death? You think he would give us permission on something as open ended as that?"

Grand Lodge

Male Human Rogue/1

Matrim winces when Janos mentions their planned trip into the Restlands infront of the wizard and winces again when the wizard says the should get Father Grimburrow's permission.

"Well I guess we have no choice now. So let's talk to the Father.", says with a exasperated sigh.


it's getting dark out, and the sun has set.


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Well given the hour, we can squeeze in a visit to the temple and hope the man remains in good spirits. IF he agrees we can head to the false crypt.

Daniel walks purposefully back to the temple and locates the cleric.

Father, if we might speak with you. We recently attended the late Professor Lorrimor's funeral and during the reading of his will he has left us some distirbing books and notes pointing to a sect of the whispering way, possibly operating out of Harrowstone. Our research today was directed towards finding out what we could on them.
Based on what we discovered I can assume you may know something of them.
We we found tells us it is a cable of necromancers who seek to plumb the depths of lichdom.
If you'll look at these journal notes, you'll have an idea of the professors suspiciouns.


Half-Elf Spirit Ranger 7 (HP 60/60; F+7, R+7, W+4 (+1 vs. Arcane); AC 18, Touch 12, FF 16; Perception +14, Sense Motive +2, Initiative +2)

Janos whispers to Mat as they walk to the Temple. "It's not quite what we had planned, Mat, but I think we'll need the Father on our side before long anyway. Might as well make use of Daniel's rapport with him."

Grand Lodge

Male Human Rogue/1

Mat sees the logic in Janos's words and nods in agreement saying, "Yeah, I guess you're right. My mentor always told me share very little of your plans with an outsider or you could find yourself in a cell waiting for the headsman axe."


You going to the kirk at night, or going to bed?


Half-Elf Spirit Ranger 7 (HP 60/60; F+7, R+7, W+4 (+1 vs. Arcane); AC 18, Touch 12, FF 16; Perception +14, Sense Motive +2, Initiative +2)

I believe the plan is to talk to Father Grimburrow and then, with his blessing, head to the false crypt.


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Yep. I it's horror. So we HAVE to go there at night ;)


Male Human Ranger 1

[ooc]still here. Waiting on clerics response[/ooc[


You walk back to the temple with the sun setting on the horizon, and a light fog rolling in.

and you knock on the door.


father Grimbrow:
he opens the door
"Oh, what can I do for you at this hour?"


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Father, if we might speak with you. We recently attended the late Professor Lorrimor's funeral and during the reading of his will he has left us some distirbing books and notes pointing to a sect of the whispering way, possibly operating out of Harrowstone. Our research today was directed towards finding out what we could on them.
Based on what we discovered I can assume you may know something of them.
We we found tells us it is a cable of necromancers who seek to plumb the depths of lichdom.
If you'll look at these journal notes, you'll have an idea of the professors suspiciouns.


Father Grimbrow:
he let's you in
"Oh my, that is troubling.
And this note here of a false crypt is a curiosity.
I don't know if there is a false crypt,
but I would not mind you checking it.
Provided you catalog and bring back any items of value."


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Daniel does not like to speak for the group, so he does not.
You have my word as a Sword of Imodae, I'll not defile Pharasma's crypt. All church valueables I find I will bring to you as I am able.


Female Human Oracle of Ancestors 1; 10/10 HP; AC:13 [17] Touch 13 FF 10 [14]; F +2 R +2 W +4 (+5 fear); Init +2; Perception +4 (+6 undead/ can percieve ethereal undead)

"We will ensure that all is handledwith the respect that is due Father," Rhia says with a smile.


Father Grimbrow:
"Well then, that's good to hear."


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

With your leave then, we will investigate the false Crypt. Thankyou.

Daniel turns to his companions. If everybody is ready, shall we go?


Half-Elf Spirit Ranger 7 (HP 60/60; F+7, R+7, W+4 (+1 vs. Arcane); AC 18, Touch 12, FF 16; Perception +14, Sense Motive +2, Initiative +2)

"Thank you, Father. We'll let you know what we find." He dips his head in deference to the Priest of Pharasma.

"I'm ready. Let's see what the Professor was looking for."


Father Grimbrow:
"Have a safe trip."


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Turning from the Father, Daniel leads the group to the graveyard.
Let's not dawdle. We should finish this while the night is still young if we can.
I can magically provide light in the crypt if we need it.

Waiting on GM area description ;)


Chance: 1d30 ⇒ 28

Just as you exit the Temple you run into a familiar sight.


"I was hoping to find you all here,
Ms Lorrimor was getting a bit worried,
since you did not show up for dinner"


Half-Elf Spirit Ranger 7 (HP 60/60; F+7, R+7, W+4 (+1 vs. Arcane); AC 18, Touch 12, FF 16; Perception +14, Sense Motive +2, Initiative +2)

Totally had forgotten about them. Should we take them to the crypt? Do we need to stop by and see Kendra for dinner? Adventurers don't need to eat!

"Alkaid, our apologies. We've gotten caught up in our research. Daniel was conferring with Father Grimburrow on a few items. Unfortunately, we want to follow up on a lead right now, so dinner may have to wait. Please tell Kendra, we'll be out late, but we will return. When we do, we'll be happy to share a bit to eat and a pot of tea." Janos shifts impatiently.


Female Human Oracle of Ancestors 1; 10/10 HP; AC:13 [17] Touch 13 FF 10 [14]; F +2 R +2 W +4 (+5 fear); Init +2; Perception +4 (+6 undead/ can percieve ethereal undead)

"It would be best for us to investigate this now and discuss our findings over dinner, albeit a late one. Is Kendra all right?"


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Please convey our apologies. We will return, but late.

Let's go!


"She's fine, and
Where are you going this late in the evening?"

the time is 21:00 -> 9:00PM


Half-Elf Spirit Ranger 7 (HP 60/60; F+7, R+7, W+4 (+1 vs. Arcane); AC 18, Touch 12, FF 16; Perception +14, Sense Motive +2, Initiative +2)

"To follow up on something the Professor was interested in. We'll fill you in later back at Kendra's place. Don't worry, we'll be back soon."

Agreed, let's go!


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Autobots. ROLL OUT!

Grand Lodge

Male Human Rogue/1

Mat nods in agreement with the others and says, "Yeah, we've wasted enough time today in that dusty library."

Sense Motive on Alkaid
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


Matrim:
She knows what you guys are up to,
but won't stop you.


"Please try to all come back without any injuries."


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Trust, Sister. Imodae is with us, so long as we remain true. I will use all the power she gives me to keep us safe.


"I pray that she does keep you safe,
as I don't want Ms Lorrimor to feel anymore sadness."


Half-Elf Spirit Ranger 7 (HP 60/60; F+7, R+7, W+4 (+1 vs. Arcane); AC 18, Touch 12, FF 16; Perception +14, Sense Motive +2, Initiative +2)

"We'll be fine, Alkaid. We've got a servant of the Inheritor with us and a certified spirit hunter with us. Plus, Mr. Falknor will be able to get us out of trouble as quickly as we would get into it. Tell Kendra we'll see her shortly."


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

The goodbyes said, Daniel motions for them to leave...

Grand Lodge

Male Human Rogue/1

Mat chuckles at Janos's comment and says, "We shall return shortly lass with an epic tale of high adventure!"


You all enter the Restlands
as the sun drips below the horizon,
with only a moon to light the land.
a light fog rolls into the area,
adding a chill to the air.

GM:
1d100 ⇒ 36


Female Human Oracle of Ancestors 1; 10/10 HP; AC:13 [17] Touch 13 FF 10 [14]; F +2 R +2 W +4 (+5 fear); Init +2; Perception +4 (+6 undead/ can percieve ethereal undead)

As the group enters the restlands, the rolling fog and wan moonlight gives Rhia an air of etherealness, the fog swirling as if reacting to more than simply her movements.

Quietly she speaks, not to her companions at first but to the spirits of her ancestors, calling upon their protection.

"Protect this daughter of the blood as I walk amongst the restless."

Her body reacts as the chill around her deepens,yet it is a comfort as the space around her is filled with a misty swirl, images of warriors, long passed flicker around her, patrolling, focused on defending her from harm.

"Be on your guard gentlemen, danger can come quickly, and unseen in places like this.

Activate spirit shield +4 Armor bonus to AC for 1 hour


Half-Elf Spirit Ranger 7 (HP 60/60; F+7, R+7, W+4 (+1 vs. Arcane); AC 18, Touch 12, FF 16; Perception +14, Sense Motive +2, Initiative +2)

Janos looks to Rhia as she speaks, uncertain if she is talking to the group or something else more in the spirit world. "She's right. Watch yourselves. Sometimes in places like this, your eyes can trick you." He carries his long handled axe in a ready state.

As they walk, Janos tries to match the misty scene before him to the view they had the previous day. "The Professor's note said it was at the intersection of Eversleep and the Black Path. Anyone see those names?"


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Perception1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

We'll keep an eye out, Daniel states firmly and Draws his longsword.
I am good with a sword, but generally give blessings as soon as combat is joined. Does anyone wish to walk point?


Half-Elf Spirit Ranger 7 (HP 60/60; F+7, R+7, W+4 (+1 vs. Arcane); AC 18, Touch 12, FF 16; Perception +14, Sense Motive +2, Initiative +2)

"I can walk ahead. My eyes...they're more accustom to the twilight than yours probably are. But stay close." Janos steps out about 20 feet in front of the group.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Rogue/1

Mat follows his companions into the cemetery, a chill runs up his spine as Rhia summons her spirit protectors. I wish should would at least warn us when she is going to summon dead warriors. He glances around nervously and mutters to himself, "Hopefully we are not making a mistake."
He whispers loudly to the others, "I'll join Janos on point." and silently moves to join him at the head of the group.

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Matrim and Daniel:
you think you saw something move

Grand Lodge

Male Human Rogue/1

Mat stops and whispers to Janos, "I think I saw something move over there." he motions subtly with his head in the direction he thought he saw movement.


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Daniel casts light on his armor.

301 to 350 of 788 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / AZsCarrionCrown_Act:I All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.