Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

AZ's Carrion Crown AP (Inactive)

Game Master Azure_Zero

Going to run all six modules for the Carrion Crown AP.


251 to 300 of 788 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Know(History or Local)


Half-Elf Spirit Ranger 7 (HP 60/60; F+7, R+7, W+4 (+1 vs. Arcane); AC 18, Touch 12, FF 16; Perception +14, Sense Motive +2, Initiative +2)

Knowledge, Local 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 2 = 12

Janos pages through the library books with Daniel's help to see if they can locate anything on the prison.

Maybe Rhia has a better shot.


Female Human Oracle of Ancestors 1; 10/10 HP; AC:13 [17] Touch 13 FF 10 [14]; F +2 R +2 W +4 (+5 fear); Init +2; Perception +4 (+6 undead/ can percieve ethereal undead)

Knowledge History1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Rhia pores over the tomes seeking information on Harrowstone itself her entire attention consumed, so much so that her only pauses are for the occasional sip of water from a glass brought to her lips by invisaible hands, her ancesters keeping watch over her even during her research.


She did her research for the day, so Rhia can't research another topic today.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Rogue/1

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23


Matrim Falknor(Harrowstone):
DC 10: Harrowstone is a ruined prison—
partially destroyed by a fire in 4661, the building has
stood vacant ever since. The locals suspect that it’s
haunted, and don’t enjoy speaking of the place.

DC 15: Harrowstone was built in 4594. Ravengro
was founded at the same time as a place where guards and
their families could live and that would produce food and
other supplies used by the prison. The fire that killed all
of the prisoners and most of the guards destroyed a large
portion of the prison’s underground eastern wing, but
left most of the stone structure above relatively intact.
The prison’s warden perished in the fire, along with his
wife, although no one knows why she was in the prison
when the fire occurred. A statue commemorating the
warden and the guards who lost their lives was built in
the months after the tragedy—that statue still stands on
the riverbank just outside of town.

DC 20: Most of the hardened criminals sent
to Harrowstone spent only a few months imprisoned, for
it was here that most of Ustalav’s executions during that
era were carried out. The fire that caused the tragedy was,
in fact, a blessing in disguise, for the prisoners had rioted
and gained control of the prison’s dungeons immediately
prior to the conf lagration. It was only through the selfsacrifice
of Warden Hawkran and 23 of his guards that
the prisoners were prevented from escaping—the guards
gave their lives to save the town of Ravengro.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Rogue/1

"I managed to find out a few things about the prison and its history.", says Mat as he enters the room the others are conducting their research.

See DM Azure_Zero post above for information found.

"It seems like the Warden and most of his guards are considered heroes here in Ravengro. They sacrificed themselves to kept the prisoners from escaping the prison during the fire. The town even erected a monument to the Warden and the guards who died in the fire.", he adds as he drops into a padded chair near Rhia. "So how's the research going good looking?", he says with a smile.


Female Human Oracle of Ancestors 1; 10/10 HP; AC:13 [17] Touch 13 FF 10 [14]; F +2 R +2 W +4 (+5 fear); Init +2; Perception +4 (+6 undead/ can percieve ethereal undead)

Rhia returns the smile rubbing her eyes as she takes the opportunity to look up from the collection of tomes spread across the table.

"Well, the Whispering Way has been around for thousands of years, it's essentially an organization of necromancers that has operated in the inner sea region. Agents of the Whispering Way are either undead, or living working with the undead.

Their most notorious member was Tar-Baphon, the Whispering Tyrant, but they have been around long before him.

The thing is, the name Whispering Way doesn't simply apply to the cult, but to a series of philosophies that can only be transferred via whispers—the philosophies are never written or spoken of loudly, which makes it difficult for anyone not a part of them to find out anything about them.

One thing I was able to find out about them is that chief among the Whispering Way’s goals are discovering formulae for creating liches and engineering the release of the Whispering Tyrant.

Agents often travel to remote sites or areas plagued by notorious haunts
or undead menaces to perform field research or even to capture unique monsters.

Their symbol is a gagged skull, and those who learn too many of the Way’s secrets are often murdered, and their mouths mutilated to prevent their bodies from divulging secrets via speak with dead."


Half-Elf Spirit Ranger 7 (HP 60/60; F+7, R+7, W+4 (+1 vs. Arcane); AC 18, Touch 12, FF 16; Perception +14, Sense Motive +2, Initiative +2)

Janos nods. "That's mostly what I found out too, though I hadn't heard about the gagged skull." He runs his hand through his hair, clearly in thought.

When he speaks, it's with a tired and slightly confused tone. "So what do we have? The professor was onto a secret organization of necromancers who are interested in the Harrowstone prison, which was destroyed years ago in a prison riot that was thwarted by the warden and the guard, but somehow the prison caught fire and they were all killed?"

"What does that all mean?"


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Daniel looks thoughtful. Honestly, I don't know. It seems thatfor whatever reason, the professor knew or thought he knew what they were up to. I don't think he was certain else he may have enlisted aid to stop it. He chose to keep this all secret but planned for his death, so he knew he may be found out and didn't trust to tell anyone. For this reason we should be equally cautious....I think we should cease our investigation here. Sound out a mage and IF we believe he can be trusted, take one with us to Harrowstone. Either way, we need to go there. Let's get a map from the local Cartographer, if there is one and head out in the morning. Any objections or other ideas?


Half-Elf Spirit Ranger 7 (HP 60/60; F+7, R+7, W+4 (+1 vs. Arcane); AC 18, Touch 12, FF 16; Perception +14, Sense Motive +2, Initiative +2)

"Agreed, let's go scout out Harrowstone tomorrow. I've had enough with libraries for a bit. I would like to check out this 'false crypt' the Professor wrote about though. I'm intrigued at what sort of supplies he wanted to take with him."


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

If you wish to discuss the Crypt with the Pastor, use caution. I had considered it, but the Professor chose not to and so must have had a good reason for secrecy


Female Human Oracle of Ancestors 1; 10/10 HP; AC:13 [17] Touch 13 FF 10 [14]; F +2 R +2 W +4 (+5 fear); Init +2; Perception +4 (+6 undead/ can percieve ethereal undead)

"Then we should find a mapmaker and rest early, who knows what might lay in store for us?"


I'll take it that you'll all be heading to bed and waking the next morning, Or walk around the town a bit?


Half-Elf Spirit Ranger 7 (HP 60/60; F+7, R+7, W+4 (+1 vs. Arcane); AC 18, Touch 12, FF 16; Perception +14, Sense Motive +2, Initiative +2)

I think walk around to visit with Jominda Fallenbridge and/or Alendru Ghoroven about magical abilities, as well as a mapmaker.


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Let's be off to see the Mages then.

Daniel waits to see if everyone is ready, then gathers himself and heads out, thanking the pastor for his time.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Rogue/1

Sorry for the delay in posts it was a bad weekend.

"Yes, lets of find this mage and in the morning we'll check out the prison. Not really excited to investigate a haunted prison but it's better then sitting in a stuffy library all day.", Mat says as he stands to follow the others.

As the make their way to the door Mat motions for Janos and whispers to him, "Do you want to check out the false crypt tonight?"


One's an Alchemist, not a mage.

Which one do you see first?


Half-Elf Spirit Ranger 7 (HP 60/60; F+7, R+7, W+4 (+1 vs. Arcane); AC 18, Touch 12, FF 16; Perception +14, Sense Motive +2, Initiative +2)

"Let's see the wizard first. He'll probably know more about what we're dealing with."

Janos shakes his head at Mat. "No, I think we'd better go during the day time. Besides, I didn't think you wanted to test the undead."

Grand Lodge

Male Human Rogue/1

"False crypt, so there shouldn't be any undead." he whispers back with a mischievous grin.


Half-Elf Spirit Ranger 7 (HP 60/60; F+7, R+7, W+4 (+1 vs. Arcane); AC 18, Touch 12, FF 16; Perception +14, Sense Motive +2, Initiative +2)

"You sure you want to take that chance?" Janos can't help but smile back.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Rogue/1

"Ummm......Yeah why not, but it we see undead I say we run. No point in getting dirty the hours before we're going to take a look at a haunted prison.", Mat says slowly.


Half-Elf Spirit Ranger 7 (HP 60/60; F+7, R+7, W+4 (+1 vs. Arcane); AC 18, Touch 12, FF 16; Perception +14, Sense Motive +2, Initiative +2)

Janos considers the idea for a second. "You know, we would stand a better chance of not being seen. If we're avoiding telling the Temple exactly what we're doing for the time being, then it may be best to try at night." He glances at the others. "Of course, first sign of undead and we get out. No use in fighting them when they're at their strongest. What do you think, Daniel, Rhia?"


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Daniel ponders the question as he walks.
Let's take care of getting a sage on the arcane first. The mage is likely our best bet, though I confess to being ignorant on what exactly Alchemists do
If you want to head to the false crypt we can. Rhia?


Female Human Oracle of Ancestors 1; 10/10 HP; AC:13 [17] Touch 13 FF 10 [14]; F +2 R +2 W +4 (+5 fear); Init +2; Perception +4 (+6 undead/ can percieve ethereal undead)

"While the undead do weild greater power at night they are as likely to attack in a crypt protected from the sun's rays at any time. Best to face them an see if there is anything within that will aid our main goal."


Half-Elf Spirit Ranger 7 (HP 60/60; F+7, R+7, W+4 (+1 vs. Arcane); AC 18, Touch 12, FF 16; Perception +14, Sense Motive +2, Initiative +2)

A look of surprise crosses Janos' face. "Then we're agreed. We speak to the wizard and the alchemist, then we go to find this false crypt the Professor wrote of. Perhaps a stop for dinner in between?"

He rises from the table of books they were still huddled around. "Do we need to see the priest on the way out?"


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Let's thank him for his time, but I believe that will be as far as we involve him, for now.

Heading outside Daniel, thanks the man for his time and patience and follows the directions given to the mages residence.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Rogue/1

On the way out the door Mat tosses a gold piece into the offering coffer and nods to Father Grimburrow.


Father Grimbrow:
"Thank you for the offering."


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

AZ, are you waiting for us? I was waiting for some sort of narration to the wizards house


got busy with a school final project

you all enter "The Unfurling Scroll" and see and grey haired gentleman, giving a lecture to a small class.
he sees you enter.


Alendru Ghoroven:
"Ok, class solve this math equation, I'll be checking answers, when I get back."

he walks to the door that has you all near it.

"And what can I do for you, and let it be quick, I am teaching a class."


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Forgive our intrusion, but we need to speak with you, possibly at length about matters arcane, in particularly about necromancy. I am Daniel Arrisen, Cleric in the Inheritor's holy Army and these are my companions. My we have some time to speak with you at the conclusion of your class?


Alendru Ghoroven:
"I cleric of Imodae asking me about necromancy, that's a first.
after the class ends we can talk."

he quickly looks behind him

"George, no cheating."


George:
"Crap."


Half-Elf Spirit Ranger 7 (HP 60/60; F+7, R+7, W+4 (+1 vs. Arcane); AC 18, Touch 12, FF 16; Perception +14, Sense Motive +2, Initiative +2)

"We can wait outside, sir. No problem."


Alendru Ghoroven:
"Thank you"


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Outside, Daniel looks to his companions, Well, my friends. How forthcoming shall we be? I am eager to be off, but we should be prepared. Perhaps honesty is the best policy in this? I had intended to maintain the Professors secrecy, but in hindsight, that did him little good. Should we lay the scenario before the mage and see his interest?


Half-Elf Spirit Ranger 7 (HP 60/60; F+7, R+7, W+4 (+1 vs. Arcane); AC 18, Touch 12, FF 16; Perception +14, Sense Motive +2, Initiative +2)

"I don't know. If we tell him, we might as well tell the whole town. Word travels fast in a place like this. And we don't have any more reason to trust him than we would the stablehand."

Janos chews on this for a moment. "We've already broached the subject of necromancy with him. Perhaps we should test the waters and see what his opinion was of the Professor. It's obvious that his actions had were viewed by some as distasteful. If Ghoroven is one of them, then revealing what we know about the Whispering Way could only make things worse. If he understood the professor's work, though, perhaps we can take him back to Kendra's to show him the journal. Then maybe we can enlist his help."


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Sounds good to me but such an approach will be very difficult without outright lying. So what? We have 'found' some nercomantic volumes that we'd like his opinion on? What about Harrowstone?....
Daniel looks rather frustrated. Battle was his forte, not investigation. All these questions were making his head hurt!
Why, oh why couldn't you have sent missive to a mage as well, Professor?


Half-Elf Spirit Ranger 7 (HP 60/60; F+7, R+7, W+4 (+1 vs. Arcane); AC 18, Touch 12, FF 16; Perception +14, Sense Motive +2, Initiative +2)

"Nonsense. We just tell him we found some of the Professor's old notes that talked about blocking natural necromantic energy. As a member of Iomedae's faithful, you found it interesting. And we ask him if he Professor ever consulted with him or worked with him. That ought to be enough to gauge his opinion of the Professor and see if he has any knowledge of necromancy."


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Very well, but let me phase it when I speak to him. I won't lie, but I can get that across. Thankyou, Janos

Daniel waits for the class to end.


Alendru Ghoroven:
"Thank you for waiting,
now what is it that you wish to talk about?"


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Daniel addresses the mage at the door, but hastes inside to a private corner.away from the children. Thankyou for your time. Again, sorry to interrupt your day. My friends and I recently attended the funeral of the Late Professor Lorrimor. We have had cause to go though some notes of his we discovered. Notes detailing necromancy, I know certain aspects of the professors work drew some negative interest in town. Personally my dealings with the professor when we met at the worldwound were the opposite. An small undead plague mysteriously appeared there and his insights proved vital in eliminating it.
My view may or may not be skewed but either way the notes should probably be looked at by an.arcane practitioner. I was wondering if you'd ever consulted with the man or had knowledge in that area of study. I could certainly send the work to be studied at one of the larger libraries, but thought to check a local.sage first.

Daniel finishes, silently apologising to Imodae for witholding the whole truth. He didn't lie bit he wasn't being completely honest either...


Imodae understands: 1d20 ⇒ 13 yep

she does not like it, but she understands and forgives in a way.

What notes do you show him?


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Whew! Last thing I needed was to 'fall' at the start of an adventure.
I assume he's willing to look, but does he give any positive/negative.reaction? I'm assuming we're taking him to the professor's to read the books if positive. Walking away if negative.
Janos?


I'll assume it's just the journal then that was ( or is) shown ?


Half-Elf Spirit Ranger 7 (HP 60/60; F+7, R+7, W+4 (+1 vs. Arcane); AC 18, Touch 12, FF 16; Perception +14, Sense Motive +2, Initiative +2)

If his reaction is negative, then I don't see any reason to take it further. If it's positive, then yeah, probably just the journal for now. I'm hoping he won't go running into the street shouting about the Professor being a necromancer. We need some friends in this town, and he's as good a start as any.


Female Human Oracle of Ancestors 1; 10/10 HP; AC:13 [17] Touch 13 FF 10 [14]; F +2 R +2 W +4 (+5 fear); Init +2; Perception +4 (+6 undead/ can percieve ethereal undead)

Rhia quietly studies the man, seeking his reaction.

Sense Motive1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


Male Half-Orc Sacred Servant of Iomedae HP128/128, AC30/17/27, F17/R14/W14, Init +3, Perception +12, CMB18/CMD34
ActiveSpells:
Blessing of the Watch, Protection Aura in 20ft Azreal, Spl Imun3BAB+23+2 AC/+1 Saves Azreal

Should have included a diplomacy check with my little speech1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

251 to 300 of 788 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / AZsCarrionCrown_Act:I All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.